Author Topic: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES  (Read 14425 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES
« Reply #700 on: February 11, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »

I don't see anywhere we can do much to change right now. We'll give Christian some time to adjust to the playbook and terminology before we evaluate if we should inflate our passing numbers considering how good our run game has been.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 12, 2019, 08:57:26 AM »
Ok, thanks Coach. Here are the team notes for this week:

Amended Master Depth Chart

QB1 - Christian Sullivan
QB2 - Julius Irvin

TE1 - Larry Herzog
TE2 - Jonas Alley

WR1 - Stefano Armani
WR2 - Mac Richard
WR3 - Floyd Glover
WR4 - Robert Hitt
WR5 - Tommy White

C1 - Micah Cates
C2 - Ezequiel Hall

LB1 - Samuel Chow
LB2 - Jared Garza
LB3 - Christopher Prado
LB4 - Mario Vance
LB5 - Roger Pullen

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 14, 2019, 07:41:04 AM »
Talk about last weeks game.

It was a really close game this week, they widened the score in the 4th quarter, but really the margins between us were quite minimal. That being said, I can't decide whether I am happy with that or not. On one hand, we have had a few changes and obviously now have Sullivan at the helm, who will need to settle into the team and our system. They are also Rapid City, one of the most dominant teams in HIFL over the past few seasons. On the other hand, they have been poor this season. I don't know, I hate losing, but I can't decide whether it being competitive or not is a positive. Regardless, we improvement in our passing game, we saw a glimpse of what Christian is going to bring to us, decrease the number of drops, and the penalties, and it would have been a far better performance on paper from the team. Defensively, I thought we could have done better in the third, the Ralph Brown touchdown was preventable, and prior to those plays, we hadn't really given much up. Their yardage, and yards gained per pass shot up in that 4th quarter, and we only have ourselves to blame. I think we ran out of steam, it was a phsyical fight in the first half, and perhaps being the travelling team took its toll. Either way, we lost a game that we shouldn't have, especially not by the margin that we did.

What are your thoughts on Hilton Keegan and others skipping this Rookie Showcase and committing to either the XFL or AAF?

They will end up in the HIFL one way or another. Some people prefer to be a small fish, in a tiny pond. And for questions about loyalty and the league not being market driven and treat like a business, what are these players expecting? Yes, they may get love from presumably a low number of fans that actually watch these leagues, and they will get job security because no one else wants to play there, but what if that leads to growth in the league? Once the fans start watching, and caring, and money starts flowing, they will be treat no different than players in the HIFL. Loyalty is shown in abundance in this league, but at the same time, everyone has a job to do, and if they don't do it, they lose it. I have had to make the unfortunate decision to cut players, and to trade players that I liked, that I respected, but I have a job to do. It's always a tough decision, to choose between your responsibility to the fans and your team, and your fondness for a player or coach. We've seen more situations where a player will put their personal wealth before loyalty, so what is the difference? The more these young guys expect to be cradled and protected, the weaker they become, and the weaker they are, the less likely they are to succeed in their professional career.

What are you hoping to gain from this weeks Showcase?

We have always been a team that invests in the draft, so this has become our first step in that process. It's great that we get a good sense of who these players are as well as what they can achieve on the field.

What did you schedule for your players during the bye week? Training or a week off?

I am a firm believer in never letting you're foot off the pedal.

Talk about anything else on your mind in reference to the league/sport.

Outside of the showcase and preparations for Las Vegas, I have nothing else on my mind.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 15, 2019, 01:09:29 PM »

I'm glad you agree with my philosophy.  We will have the team training on a normal routine this week.   Anything to cover from last week or are we set to focus on the showcase?

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 16, 2019, 04:27:36 AM »
I think it is the best way to go, we've all got plenty of time between seasons to rest and relax. I don't have too much to discuss, it was close game, but a disappointing loss, there were some upsides, and the losses for us this season have come against the two teams in the Impact Bowl last season, so we can't be too disappointed. How do you feel the game went?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 17, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »

Drops are always frustrating, but it was just comforting to have a confident and composed QB under center making the right throws..

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 17, 2019, 11:32:15 AM »
Agreed. I feel like he will get the best out of some of our younger WR's too. Whilst discussing WR's, do you feel a replacement for Randolph is abosultely required if we are looking for a successful season? I've held talks over bringing in another WR, but the price is high at the moment. I like Randolph too, I'd like to retain him for next season, but obviously bringing another player would make that less likely.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 17, 2019, 12:07:05 PM »

I don't know what's on the market, but a lot of the names I've heard aren't worth the price tag... I don't think an elite receiver is required.  An Elite QB can make his receivers better.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 17, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Do we still lack a deep threat though? Or can Mac provide that for us?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 17, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »

Mac does have the skills needed to be a deep threat for us, we're just having to wait for him to put it all together, but I believe he's making progress towards realizing that potential.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 17, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »
We'll get him working his hands in the off season too, help him round out his game. Whilst we are on the topic of retaining players and player development, the majority of our d-line is on their contract year. I'll be doing what I can to retain them, as I like all three players, but I do have a couple of questions. I really like Cervantes, love his production, but do we suffer somewhat with our run defence due to his size? How is LaMelo developing? Given his size and athleticism, is he a future DE for us in the 3-4, or could we explore developing him into our DT of the future given Jackson, out of the three, is the one who will first hit a decline in his abilities.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 17, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »

The only time I'd be comfortable with Jackson in the DT position is in a 4-man front so the base nickle and 4-3 sets we sprinkle in. His height and frame are great but to be a real DT in our system he'd need to put on some serious weight.  As a DE he needs to build up his strength and try to get a little more explosive, but he is coming along nicely. I feel like he's learning at a good rate.

Cervantes has been a great pass rusher, and while he isn't a stud against the run in our 3-4, he's solid enough to not be a liability.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 18, 2019, 03:41:14 AM »
How feasible is the weight gain? Good to know what areas we can work on though to take his development to the next level.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 18, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »

The off-season is the time to focus on bulking up or slimming down, but it all depends on the players work ethic on if it works and how effective it is.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 20, 2019, 02:30:05 AM »
Ok, thanks coach. I'll leave you to focus on the rest of the rookie showcase.