Author Topic: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS  (Read 69010 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS
« Reply #1650 on: March 07, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »

Yeah.. Kid's not happy, but I like his fire. He wants to be great, he isn't going to settle for a lesser role, so that means he's going to push and push. Gotta respect that.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 07, 2018, 03:43:41 PM »
Kids got the talent for it so I understood where he was coming from.

Now dammit let’s play some football!

Here’s the adjustments to the depth chart Coach Rudino

RB Depth Chart
1. Curt Robles
2. Forrest Young
3. Peter Hayfield

WR Depth Chart
1. Burton Tibbetts
2. Joseph Dobbins
3. Oliver Giles
4. Mike Grant
5. Andrew Rojas

Primary Target - Burton Tibbetts

Lock in

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 10, 2018, 04:13:43 PM »
Oh yes indeed!  Got off to a great win today ladies and gentlemen of the news media. Starting the season off right with a win feels good.  But I know you guys have some questions so let's get to them.

Talk us through this week's game. What did you like, what do you want to see improved?

I loved the score! Hanging a 40 burger on any team in this league isn't easy to do because these men are all professionals. Offensively we clicked and defensively despite the yardage that was given up it wasn't until the end of the game that we gave up a TD.  I don't think any GM could say 99 yards of passing offense is something that can be sustained over the season but we had lots of short yardage situations and with the defense scoring we really didn't have possession of the ball for too long so I'm not too concerned.

What did you make of your teams performance, despite the final outcome of the game?

We executed well both offensive and defensively.  I couldn't be happier with the performance for the first game of the season.

Are there any major changes you see yourself making this week?

After a decisive week one victory? No.

Talk about at least two news stories from this week.

I could see from the GM box the coaches going back and forth with another in the game. I don't know what the intention Coach Munoz had but I was suprised to see them going for it on 4th down over and over.  I definitely let out a nice hmmm when they went for the two point conversation. But I'm not concerned with how other teams play simply how our team responds and I thought Coach Rudino was professional and exemplified Alabama football with his reaction.

I found it hilarious that a Coach had to tell anybody to relax after a week one loss.  I hope people go back and look at who made the playoffs based of a week one win or loss.

Talk to us about your match up this week.  Where do you see your opponent having an advantage? What is the key to victory?

We go on the road to face a tough division opponent in Miami.  They have a solid coaching staff and players to execute their gameplan.  Their defense is underrated as they held a Christian Sullivan offense to practically nothing but FG's.  There running attack certainly looks impressive with the inclusion of Haas which means our defense is going to have to prepare to stop the run.  If we can stop the run and force Duke to pass the ball we take them out of their comfort zone and maybe take advantage of it. 

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 10, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »

...I tell you what man, I nearly lost my cool out there this week.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 10, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
Guess Coach Munoz wanted to send a message to both his team and us.  Heard loud and clear.  But you did the right thing.  It's Atlanta and its week one. We've got bigger goals than that. I have to say the defense impressed me.  I was concerned about our CB and LB but they played well and Kroos balled out!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 10, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »

To be fair, it was against Atlanta, let's see a few more games before we sing their praises too loudly, Man.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 10, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »
Just trying to be positive coach. It’s on to Miami for now. Don’t see any big changes going on.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 18, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
Wow wow wow wow. What a game. Coming back down 14 after getting hammered all day by their run game that is a great accomplishment for this team. Let’s quickly get to some questions because I’m amped up.

Talk us through this week's game. What did you like, what do you want to see improved?

Well I said last week we needed to get keep their run game in check and they just hammered us over and over for huge chunks at a time. McClure had himself a game against us and they rushed for over 227 yards! But I loved that my team stayed in the game they didn’t quit and when the opportunity came up they got stops when they needed to and converted on those turnovers. We may have given up the ball once but we took it from them three more times.

Through two games this season, who's surprising you for the better, and for the worst?

Lukas Kroos has really stepped up for us at LB. Through two games he’s leading the team in Tackles and has two sacks and a PD to go with it. I’d also like to praise our rookie George Vu. We had a lot of big names here at CB in the past couple of seasons and with his 6 PD and INT along with 9 tackles the rookie is showing he belongs in the league. I’m a little suprised with Jamie Ortega completion percentage but we have had more than a few drops and with the changes in the coaching department are all learning new lingo new routes and a new scheme. With that massive amount of change comes growing pains.

Which one-part of your team do you believe is only going to get better going forward?

Our passing attack will only continue to get better as we get more familiar and of course get more healthy. We’re all wishing Oliver Giles a speedy but complete recovery.

Talk about your news story this week.

I really wouldn’t call it a story and I also wouldn’t call it true. That OT win was huge and couldn’t be “overshadowed” by a “blowup”. Our coaches are passionate and Jamie Ortega can match their passion step for step. What you saw was a discussion about the game. A game WE WON. I’d rather them blow up on each other than not care about the result of the game.

Talk about at least two other news stories this week.

I wonder how many people that went after Berry and made him look like a criminal will do the same for the Miami coaching staff for putting a concussed player back on the field.

Berry feels betrayed and he should. Now I don’t know what conversations they had but I do know GM Gates didn’t appeal which I found odd. He also didn’t respond to numerous GMs who called out Berry. I don’t know Berry so I can’t defend or accost him but GM Gates went a message loud and clear - those GMs were right.

As for Duke I hope he wasn’t concussed and still playing the game. I hope it’s just him trying to find an excuse for his performance but if he was concussed then he had no business being on that field. Football is dangerous enough. You need all your faculties to perform at the highest level and his coaching staff did him a disservice by putting him on the field handicapped.

Talk to us about your match up this week, how do you build on last weeks success?

The Kings are struggling right now to find an identity. We need to hone ours because as we just saw with Portland and Rapid City there is no such thing as a gimme in the HIFL. We need to continue to execute and practice our schemes till it almost becomes like muscle memory. If we can do that against Music City that will only benefit us later in the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 18, 2018, 01:26:56 PM »

...Too close for comfort, but a win we definitely had to have.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 18, 2018, 02:17:17 PM »
Agreed on all fronts Coach but in the end win is a win. Coach not that I want to make a big deal out of what happened on the sidelines but I do want to get some context around it. Where in the moment did it happen and in your eyes is it something that could carry over or was it left there?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 18, 2018, 02:50:03 PM »

Hey man, you know me.  I am a fiery guy.  When I see my quarterback struggling and he comes pouting off of the field in a tie game in the 4th quarter, I'm not going to sit there and let it slide.  I told him to get his ass back on the field.. 4th and 10, tie game at the Miami 34... We're freaking goin' for it.. just to prove a point.

After we didn't get the first down and gave the ball back, Redd heard him saying something as he came off the field and had a word with him.. he wasn't ready to drop it, so they had it out right there.

Was it a good look? No, but the guy needs to know this isn't the soft, push-over Henry Munoz regime, we have a higher standard.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 18, 2018, 07:58:35 PM »
Thanks for letting me know that Coach Rudino. I appreciate the insight. Let me talk with both Coach McAvoy and Jamie to get the full picture just for my benefit.

————

Blue let’s talk to Coach McAvoy.

————

Coach McAvoy tough game we had but we managed to get the win. I just wanted some context to the heated debate that took place on the sidelines. Just wanting to get the full picture.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 18, 2018, 08:10:50 PM »

Aye Aye, Sir.   Late in the game Coach told me he wanted to go for it on 4th and long... said he needed to send a message to the team that we weren't going to settle for mediocre play or poor attitudes. 

After we turned the ball over on downs, I saw coaching say something to Ortega, after which I heard Ortega venting his frustration with some "choice words" for the Coach after he had walked away.  I confronted him, reminding him that he was to respect the senior coaching staff at all times, particularly during the course of the game. 

He said some things back to me, telling me to stay out of it, to which I reminded him that I was his offensive coordinator and he owed me the same respect.  I told him I would not tolerate insubordination behavior and we had a heated conversation about it.

Afterwards we went back to work and handled our business.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 18, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »
Thanks Coach McAvoy. I appreciate you giving your whole story. If you don’t mind I’ll soeak with Jamie now.

——

Blue can we call Jamie Ortega into the office?

——

Jamie first of all hell of a comeback. We didn’t want to be down in the first place but we responded and responded off the strength of your arm. Now I know the media would rather focus on the drama on the sidelines than an actual victory but I want to gain some context to what happened out there from your perspective.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 18, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »

Man, I just don't appreciate being talked down to like some kid. I'm a grown ass man, so you get up in my grill telling me to "man up" and I'm gonna say my piece.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: March 18, 2018, 09:51:38 PM »
I understand Jamie. So for you it wasn’t a game plan thing but it was a respect issue. What I want to say is I appreciate you and I appreciate the coaching staff for putting that aside and getting the victory anyways.

I understand with so much change happening in the off season especially with the coaching staff that their will be growing pains. A feeling out process so to say. People need to figure out each other’s boundaries. He’ll its not just x’s and o’s but how to communicate as well.

I know I can speak to my personal life and speak with my friends in manners most people would consider both appealing and sometimes would lead to fights. But because we had that trust we always could settle everything down and still have a beer.

So while Coach Rudino and Coach McAvoy May be new I hope I have enough trust built with you over the three years I’ve been here that I can say the coaches just want what’s best for us to win. But if it ever goes beyond coaching and you feel it’s getting personal. Talk to me.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:38 PM »

Real talk, I hear you boss and yeah you and me are cool. You've always done right by me, and I respect Coach Rudino, nobody wants to be on camera yellin' at each other, but it happened.  I'm just glad we got that dub.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 18, 2018, 11:31:52 PM »
Thanks for talking to me Jamie and speaking on this. It happened and we put it in the past. And we get ready to kick some King butt.

————

Blue let’s talk with Coach Rudino

————

Coach wanted to say I spoke with Jamie and I feel he understands what you were trying to do. I think we can all say it happened we moved on and we won the damn game. Now let’s go and kick Music City butt

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 26, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »
Another victory for us here in Alabama.  This is the third week in a row we score at least 30 points in a game.  Now let's get to specifics though

Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

Dominated in almost every way. First Downs. 3rd Down Efficiency. Rushing Yards and attempts. Time of Possession and of course limited to one penalty.  What went wrong is an untimely injury at CB made us very vulnerable to their passing attack.  They didn't get many passing attempts off but when they did they went for big yardage gains.  It's only week 3 of the season though and our secondary was playing a man down.

How do you feel about the emergence of the Alliance of American Football and the XFL?

Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best. A monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity and Alabama is never satisfied with complacency or mediocrity. We've already been through something like this with the APL.

Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

This is certainly a great time to be alive but I'm looking at the situation in Las Vegas and I'm showing a growing concern.  You've got former employees speaking on current players and current players getting involved with the law.  I hear a lot of ticking and that is never a good sign in our business.  I'm definitely keeping my eye on that.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

Charlotte is a very tough team to play.  Christian Sullivan still is the same talented QB that lead DC to back to back championships.  Luigi Lewis was a very talented receiver for me in Long Beach and here in Alabama. John Spurgeon is a serious threat in the backfield.  On the defensive side they have Diego Brown and any Alabama fan can tell you what he is capable of. The key to victory will be keeping this offense at the same pace it has been scoring in bunches and the defense will have to keep all those offensive weapons in check. These expansion teams are no pushovers and we have to prepare for a very competitive game.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:21 PM »

Luckily for us, Spurgeon is out for 2 weeks in Charlotte... Although DeAngelo Neuman looks like he's found the fountain of youth so far this year.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 26, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
Not that I cherish in the pain of others but Spurgeon being out does please me. I certainly didn’t want to raise any eyebrows in the media but the defense does somewhat concern me. We seem to have adopted a bend but don’t break approach but that was a hell of a lot of bending we did against Music City.

Also George possibly being out or impaired at minimum has me thinking we need to make a move in the secondary. First, what’s the plan if worst case George is out and how comfortable are you with that plan?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 26, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »

If Vu is out, we're pushing Lambert into a starting role, Cheatham takes the nickle, and we pray we don't lose another corner....

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 26, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »
Hopefully they are up to the task. Looks like Ortega responded well after that sideline incident he balled out against Music City. Good to see him and Robles go off at the same time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 26, 2018, 11:36:33 PM »

Absolutely.  Good to see guys use that as fuel to be better.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 27, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »
Agreed Coach. Thanks for your time.

----

Blue I'd like to speak with Burton Tibbetts

----

Burton after an interesting week one performance it looks like you are in mid season form with your last two performances.  Thank you for deciding to come back with us again.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 27, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »

It's the only place I've ever wanted to play.  I've had to leave, but Alabama is always going to be home for me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:04:43 PM by Talon »

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2018, 02:47:45 PM »
I know Mr. Woods is very happy to hear that as am I; as are the fans of this franchise.  For what it's worth as long as I am here I want you to stay as part of the Alabama family so remember I'm keeping a place open for you when you feel that time is right.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2018, 07:05:13 PM »

I hear you boss, I appreciate that.  Thank you.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2018, 08:20:28 PM »
Your Welcome Burton

————-

Blue let’s get the buses loaded and head to Charlotte. Let’s hope Giles and Vu can make the trip and play well

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 03, 2018, 01:13:02 AM »
So so close and yet came up just that short. A blowout can feel like a sharp sting but a close game like feels like a stomach punch. Makes it that much harder to swallow defeat.

It was a close game at the end but it didn’t start that way. I want to give credit to the coaching staff and the players because we were down 21 to 10 at the half and on the road. The right adjustments got made and we took the lead in the 4th. Just a shame things ended up where we couldn’t keep it. As for what went wrong I don’t like seeing our defense giving up big plays. That was the 3rd 60+ yard TD our defense has allowed over the past two games. 

Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most so far this season?

Considering they are our next opponent and they sit as one of two undefeated teams I am pleasantly surprised by the Orlando Stampede. When I say I’m pleasantly suprised I mean that the talent that has always been there is now thriving. Thats good for us because playing tough competition will get us ready for tough competition. My goal for this team is to compete at the highest level. The more often we see that competition the better prepared we are for it.

With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and who on your team is most responsible for your current standing?

The standings are what they are because of how we perform on the field. We play to win the game. If we don’t win we didn’t play it well. Simple as that. No excuses. Right now we are a game out from the best record in the east and our division. For now that will have to do. As for the player most responsible I’ll give the credit to Luis Gustafson and his leg. He’s the one who kicked it through the uprights.

What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams' most improved?

The biggest challenge has been adjusting to the off season changes especially the coaching staff. It isn’t easy to implement a whole new system. Get guys to commit to that system. Then be able to execute that system week after week. It was a big ask from me to the team but so far they have risen to the challenge and are improving every week at a high level. As far as whose the most improved on the team - coming out of camp we thought Timothy Cobbs had an extra step and this season he has shown so far the he is the top dog out of ‘Cerberus’.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

We are not at full strength in our secondary and we are about to face a brilliant mind in Merv Patton. Keeping him in check is always a tough ask but it’s gotten tougher. Our defense plays well but we have to keep Orlando from breaking off a big one and not allow them to build momentum of the big gain plays. We’ve gotten into to big a habit of making a second half comeback. I’d like to trounce on most teams from beginning to end you know what I’m saying?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: April 09, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »

Sorry I'm late, my tattoo removal took longer than expected..  I couldn't go around with "Property of DeAngelo Neuman" tattooed on my ass forever, hopefully the rest of the team did the same with their off-day...  Jesus Christ, man.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »
I left mine on hoping it would send notice to other teams not to do the same to us! Offensively we seem to be clicking and progressing but defensively despite still being decent in ppg is just giving up big plays far too often. Is it a tackling issue a health issue or a talent issue?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 12, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »

Tackling is a talent, so I'd say it's both of those man.. Going from Kirk and Botts to Vu, Lambert, and McClintock is just a real tough sell.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 13, 2018, 11:42:47 AM »
Yeah I hear you Coach Rudino. I'm working the phones seeing what's out their and at what price. For now we just have to try and deal with what we have.

Still for the first quarter of the season we do have a lot to be happy about. I mean this is the first week we haven't had an Alabama player named as player of the week.

The offense is gaining yards and putting up points and we're still not at full strength.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 15, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »

Yep.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 01, 2018, 09:44:12 PM »
Sorry about that coach I was thinking out loud.  Didn't mean to take up more of your time. Thank you Coach Rudino.

------

Blue can we get Raul Darnell in our office

------

Raul! Thanks for coming by. I wanted to say I appreciate your leadership on the OL. You've held that group together and collectively you guys have only given up two sacks.  In addition to that you and Lloyd are having remarkable individual seasons, I mean your leading the team with 27 pancakes through 4 games!  Is it fair to assume that in this option driven offense you guys are getting to move a lot more and put people on their butts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 04, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

Yeah man, we're getting to build some momentum on these tosses and options and it's resulting in some big hits.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 09, 2018, 05:06:03 PM »
THE BUSES BEGIN TO WARM

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 12, 2018, 01:57:01 PM »
That’s good to hear Raul.

————

Coach Rudino looks like the buses are warming up. At this point an improvement can’t be made so we have to make due for now. Hopefully those injured will be able to play.

Lock In

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 04, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 05, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »
The voice of Lemmy from motorhead rings in GM Pancho’s wars as he approaches the podium

Ladies and gentlemen of the press, it is never fun to get your butts whipped. It’s never fun getting your butts whipped in your own stadium. It’s even worse to then have that butt whooping broadcasted on national television. But that’s exactly what happened to us in this past game.

Our offense was impressive especially at how well we dominated time of possession and just ate up yards on the grounds. Normally that’s enough to get a victory but the reason we dominated time of possession was because it wasn’t taking long for the opposing team to score. They put up 42 points in one half of a football game. Our secondary was ineffective at preventing catches that were going for big gains. No matter how well they rebounded in the second half to limit them to only 10 pts the damage had been done and the grave dug.

Now as bad as this performance was on national television we have to put it behind us and get ready to face Las Vegas. This will be an interesting game for us because since the season began GM Metro has told me he has been “circling the date.” GM Metro wants to make his mark against Alabama. In his division he is a defensive juggernaut only allowing 50 pts this season so far. Up until we let Orlando pass us up we are the number two offense in the league. We’re going to have to maintain our offensive prowess and rise to the occasion on the defensive side of the ball.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: June 05, 2018, 08:30:48 PM »

We might need to consider some serious moves to help our secondary.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 05, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »
I’ve more than considered them. Most of these GM’s won’t make a move till closer to the deadline. I don’t see the need to do much. We know our strengths and we know our weaknesses.

It’s up to some players having to step up.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: June 10, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen of the press thank you for coming out to another game of Alabama football. It's not the result we wanted but I'm sure you guys are prepped with your questions so let's get after it.

I'll start with the good.  We won time of possession. We won the turnover battle. Now with the bad. The score first and foremost.  Out of context this game was a solid performance given the circumstances.  However, within the context both of our standings, previous performances and this franchise history we do not applaud moral victories especially when they extend to a now three game losing streak. Results matter.

Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I'll touch on the news this week that affects us both.  In a game, competition can raise spirits.  I think I can speak for everyone here in Alabama and everyone outside of Las Vegas that there is one "Superman."  Now I got no problem with what Shelley did and it's always been my personal philosophy that: One, if your going to taunt someone you can't be upset when they taunt back. Two if you don't want someone to taunt don't let them score.  Now as for around the league, I don't think there's been another GM outside of New Jersey that has been harsher on GM Mike Powers than I.  I was vehemently disgusted at his actions and I was very vocal in not wanting to be a part of the league.  We hear in Alabama and I personally wish him a speedy recovery and Michigan did the right thing by honoring him with their decal.

What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

Do the work yourself.  Don't trust anybody. Except me of course.

With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

Each one certainly has it's own level of importance.  I'm not quite committed to one or the other but to give something of substance I usually rank Skill Sets, Personalities, and Position Groups in that order in terms of value.

What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

I'm looking to take a look at the first six weeks and seeing what has and hasn't worked.  The trend we are currently usually denotes some form of change.  I'm not looking to make too dramatic a change but my hand may be forced by our results so far.  When we started off this season our goal was very much north of .500. 

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 12, 2018, 11:34:13 AM »

Now I know there isn't a huge incentive for us to do a lot in the draft process, considering we both are free agents after this season, but I plan on winning the championship and re-signing, so lets make the right moves.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: June 20, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »
I’m working on making some right moves coach. Give me one second.

—————

Blue get me JTC on the phone and then have Albert Cheatham sent to my office

—————

JTC this is a courtesy call. Wanted to let you know I’m sending Albert down to the minors. I’ll be telling him in person in a second. Thanks.

—————

Albert we’re making some roster movements and in order to create some space we need to send you down to the minors. You’ll get a better opportunity down there and we need to open a roster spot.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: June 20, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

Dang, alright.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: June 26, 2018, 08:58:25 PM »
Coach thanks for giving me some time. I almost had a player that could’ve swung the entire conference but the price tag was too high. However I did get us an upgrade at CB with Raymond Coble.

Now this is really a question about our guys rather than of Cobles where do you see him listed on the depth chart. We’ve got a rough stretch of games ahead of us and I want to put our guys in a position to succeed.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: June 26, 2018, 10:05:34 PM »

I'm the coach now?  Sick!!!!!

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 27, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »
GM Pancho lifts his head up from the desk as he was looking down at papers. Only him and Albert Cheatham are in the room. GM Pancho wonders how Coach Rudino Batman’d Him when he said he only needed a few minutes

No Albert Your not the coach - I thought coach was still in the room. You need to get down to Gulfport. They’re expecting you.

————

Blue looks like Coach Rudino steppes out on me. May you call him back to the office?

————

Coach thanks for coming back and giving me some more time. I almost had a player that could’ve swung the entire conference but the price tag was too high. However I did get us an upgrade at CB with Raymond Cobles.

Now this is really a question about our guys rather than of Cobles where do you see him listed on the depth chart. We’ve got a rough stretch of games ahead of us and I want to put our guys in a position to succeed starting with San Antonio.