Author Topic: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS  (Read 65010 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS
« Reply #1750 on: July 31, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »

It is my first time, that's why they said no jail time or nothing, but yeah boss man, I hear you.. 
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 31, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Alright Albert - take care.

----

Blue can we have George Vu come to my office?

----

George thanks for coming by - I wanted to let you know I realize I've put a lot of weight on your shoulders.  Your just a Rookie in the league but your going against the best WR most of the time.  While we've obviously had some trouble with our secondary don't think for a second I haven't noticed your effort.  I just appreciate you giving me your best every down you play and that's all I can really ask for.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 31, 2018, 02:50:35 PM »

I appreciate that sir, nice not being thrown under the bus.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 31, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »
That's not what we do here - which is a good thing because if we did I'd be first in line!

Thanks George for coming by.

-----

Blue let's get ready to face the Bruins

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 03, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
Back to Back Primetime Games. Back to Back 200 yard rushing games. Back to Back 50 point games for our Hawk offense. Back to Back wins for the Alabama Nighthawks!  LET ME HEAR YOU HAWK NATION!! Things are looking good for us today but before I just continue to ramble about us let's get to your guys questions.  Dave go ahead you've got the first.

Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

So picking up where I just left off - Curt Robles - breaking news - he is a bad bad man! Last week's performance was insane with just the stats he continued to accrue but really the game was always in hand.  This game however was a heavyweight championship match straight from one of the Rocky movies. It was brutal because before we could finish celebrating a great play Fowler would shut us up on more than one occasion!  But today was the a day where we reminded everyone the switch to a Read Option puts the ball into our two best players hands on the offense.  You've either got to deal with Jamie Ortega and his ability to throw and run the ball ... or you've got to deal with Curt Robles. Kansas City truly knows what it means to pick their poison as both men flourished.

I know most people will point to my defense and talk about the number of points we gave up this game and say it's one of the most terrible defensive performances ever by an Alabama team.  Truth is while there may be some truth in the amount of points we gave up I loved the effort our guys showed on the field forcing three turnovers!!  Every coach and GM in the league will tell you about winning the turnover battle and in a 3 point game that is the difference maker.

What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges?

First let's talk about the actual skills. We have some impressive talent in this league and I hope prospective rookies have noticed. I understand there are other opportunities out there but nothing puts a spotlight on your brand or your abilities like performing at the highest of levels.  I for one am thankful of all the Nighthawks that represented us in the All Star Game and in the skills competition and did so with swag and composure.

Now for the fireworks - - I'm not a stuck up GM.  I pride myself on being a players GM.  But even I would find trouble wrapping my arms around Elias Ibrahimovic.  The kid balled out that was obvious in the cannon competition but not wanting to compete in the precision game and then the words he fired toward Merv Patton ... woof!  Now I don't know him personally or his skills but his first performance wasn't anything to write home about.  I just hope his confidence and swagger can spread to the rest of the team because his mouth is writing checks his team will have to cash.

What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?

What a game played at the highest of levels?!  And who better than Burton "The Living Legend" Tibbetts to make the run to win it all in Overtime!  Let this just be another notch on the accolades of his career.  And I have to walk back a few comments.  I know I went pretty hard at the GM's for selecting the teams and leaving out a few players.  The game we had for this All Star I have to tip my cap to both of them.  They know what they're doing.  Bravo Gentlemen!

With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?

We've got some injuries on the team that might necessitate a call up - but truly this week we have a larger question with divisional play ending the rest of the season.  What am I missing on this team that can be added from the minor league that will help me make the playoffs.  If after discussing it over my head coaches we feel a player gives us a better opportunity at that - that is going to be the only driving factor behind any decision for a call up.

Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?

Leaving the All Star Game festivities behind we take a trip to Music City.  We barely got bye against Music City last time we played them and a lot has changed between the beginning of the season and now - a lot I would like to forget to be honest with you! We have 5 games left and a lot of ground to make up.  From what I've seen there's going be major wind activity in Music City which means we've got to maintain our attack on the ground and consistently deliver. 

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 03, 2018, 03:14:06 PM »

Well Well, looks like these boys are finally back on the path we wanted..  I'll tell you what man, we've got a chance to run this table, and anytime you have Curt Robles running, you can truly run the table.  Let's end this season at 10-6, and lets make whatever poor team faces us in the playoffs wet their little lacy panties when they see our boys walk onto the field.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:19 PM »
Hell yeah Im pumped. I have to tell you since Ive moved to the sidelines you can really feel the energy on the field and when Robles gets going man everybody gets hyped up.

Now weve got some roster moves we have to address. We need depth on the offensive line and we need to address our Defensive back situation. Im pretty sure I have to bring in Stephen Guerrero to get his input but would you prefer one of our linemen switch positions to Center or one of the rookies getting the call? And when it comes to the secondary is there a move to be made at defensive back? Cheatham is out of the question due to his recent run in with the law so well need to compare how Nathan Woodson stacks up to our current staff.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 04, 2018, 10:59:42 AM »

So from what I'm hearing from the Gulfport staff, Kilgore is ready for the call up and can slot right into a starting guard spot, letting us move Omar Smith, who has failed to develop much, into a reserve role and slot him at center if we so choose.

As for Woodson, The latest evaluation I have received on him indicates that the staff down in Gulfport believe he would be an upgrade over McClintock, Colbert, and Lambert, so while not idea overall as a CB2, he'd be the best CB2 Option we have on the roster.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »
Okay Coach I here you loud and clear. I've just finalized the paperwork on Arnold and Smith and made the moves of demoting Randy Pride and promoting Kilgore. 

I'm going to have a tough conversation with one of our CB because in order to bring CB Nathan Woodson up we have to convince a veteran CB to make the move to the minor or be cut outright.

I would think that Coble would be our best CB to play the nickel over McClintock and Lambert?  Is that how you and Coach Knotts see it?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 08, 2018, 11:11:57 PM »

Lambert is our most expendable piece. McClintock still has veteran leadership and knowledge to pass on.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 13, 2018, 12:53:11 PM »
Thanks for your time coach I only have one other question or I should say option to present. If lambert doesnt take the demotion and ends up being cut we could bring Woodson up by sending down Kelly Glass. That wouldnt interfere with your and Coach Knotts rotations? Wed be running on less bodies.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:39 PM »

It wouldn't break us, that's for sure.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 14, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »
Okay Coach Rudino. I think thats all for now.

Blue go ahead and send in Mark Lambert to my office when you can.

Mark were making some changes to the roster getting ready for the final stretch of the season. The coaching staff and I are in unison and were going to bring up CB Nathan Woodson from the Minor League. Were needing to get faster and more athletic. Now things would be made easier if I could send you to the minor leagues financially speaking.

Since your playing time experience prevents it from being automatic I did want to come to you if you were willing to make that request. The advantage of entering the minor leagues would be starting and being able to play against competition that you could dominate. Certainly going into free agency that would garner more buzz for you than riding the bench on our roster.

Im not sure what I could do for you to help facilitate this but I would certainly be open to a conversation.

If were unable to come to an agreement I wanted to inform you that I would release you from your contract so I wanted you to know both of your options so you could properly weigh them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 18, 2018, 09:54:33 AM »

I've paid my dues through my career man, I'm not looking to go down and play meaningless football against some kids who are hoping to get to the show off my back..

I signed here to win a ring, but if you gotta cut me, you got to cut me.  Its business, I get that.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 18, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
But I traded for you from Seattle???

Well either way I'm afraid we are going to cut you.  You should make plans accordingly.

-----

Blue please get a message to DE Kelly Glass to step into my office

----

Hey Kelly,  unfortunately we are dead up against the salary cap which means in order to free up some cap space to bring in a player we are having to move you down to Gulfport

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 19, 2018, 03:39:15 PM »

Dang, alright.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 19, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »
Thanks for coming Kelly

-

Blue get these final notations to Coach Rudino after making our roster changes

Allan Kilgore to Replace Omar Smith at Guard

Cornerback depth chart

1. Vu
2. Woodson
3. Coble
4. McClintock

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 21, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »
Yes, STAND UP AND BELIEVE!! Don't look now but the Alabama Nighthawks have taken to skies again.  You ever heard the phrase you can't keep a good man down? Well that applies to teams too!  Now Bob I see you with you hand up but something tells me I already know what question you are going to ask.  So let's get into it.  Ask away Bob.

Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

Right on the money every week I get this open ended question.  Over the past few weeks especially in our three game winning streak we are currently on you simply have to look at Curt Robles and the production he has been giving us.  In this game against Music City he didn't quite hit 200 yards again on the ground but he celebrated and danced three times in the end zone.  Jamie Ortega had two passes that were deflected and everything else was caught by our receivers and had themselves quite the game - special shout out to Oliver Giles!  The defense was outstanding shutting down Music City for three quarters.  The DL got it's pressure and smashed the QB 5 times for a sack.  The secondary didn't allow a single 100 yard pass catcher.  Even our two new additions to the roster - Kilgore and Woodson made sure to leave an impact on the field and the statbook. We keep playing like this every week I fear for the rest of the league.

Talk about anything interesting you around the league...

I've got my eye on two things.  This team ... and the standings.  As impressive and proud as I am of this team over the last three games - we're still at .500 and outside of the playoff picture.  I've got my alerts on my phone for Charlotte, Miami, Orlando, New Jersey, Michigan, Cleveland, St. Paul and DC because we are in the thick of a playoff dog fight. That's 9 different teams fighting for 6 playoff spots with nothing being clinched going into Week 14. I don't think there's anything else more interesting than that.

Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

We need to keep playing Alabama football and I don't say that as some sort of cliche I really mean we need to play Alabama football.  We need to keep the ball on our offense eating up clock and dancing in end zones.  We need to feed the beast that is Curt Robles and our defense has to impose their will and disrupt the opposing teams offense.  We've had a really impressive three weeks but as impressive as that can be our opponent's Charlotte have had an impressive six weeks.  Expansion or not they handed us our first loss of the season that spiraled into a big losing streak.  To me it's poetic we face them now because they are 1) A test for this team to show that our streak is for real and 2) Ahead of us in the standings both wild card and division.  I'm not normally one to say a Week 14 game is must win ... but this is pretty close.

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 27, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »

We all know that every game from here on is must win... we just have to execute and show everyone who's the baddest team on the block, man.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 28, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
We're definitely a hungry team that has it's back against the wall ... and we've proven in that position we might be at our most dangerous.  Charlotte, @Atlanta, Miami, @Orlando. 4 games to go - 3 of them are ahead of us in the standings and in our way.  Let's get this done.

Last week we solidified the roster we want going into these four games.  Considering how we've been playing I think it's safe to say we have the gameplan we need for the next four games.

Thanks for your time Coach

------

Blue can you ask Jamie Ortega and Bruce Wilkinson to come to my office

------

Boys, have a seat.  We've got four games left.  We've made quite the turnaround these past few weeks.  I just wanted to thank the both of you for standing next to me that day in the lockeroom.  It might not have paid off that game but I feel the seeds were planted and the team is really on the same page.  It's a testament to both of your leadership that we are doing so well now.  So thank you both.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 28, 2018, 12:54:14 PM »

Don't thank us yet, we've got four more games to win.. This is Alabama baby, we don't settle for big wins, we want it all.

The team has rallied together, we have pride in the name on the front of our uniform just as much so as the one on the back.  We're playing our asses off, and the end game is kicking the door down and crashing the playoffs.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 28, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
That's what I'm talking about boys!  Let's get after them. No Mercy baby!

Thank you boys for coming in.

------

Blue I don't think we should mess up a good thing.  Let's get ready to play some football

Lock In

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 08, 2018, 12:14:43 PM »
THE MEDIA GROWS ANXIOUS AND IMPATIENT

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 08, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen thank you for your patience. Youll have to excuse my tardiness. Now lets get right into your questions since youve been so patient. Go ahead Michael.

Who was your star player this week? Who disappointed?
I think everyone right now would be saying Curt Robles is leading this team on the field. Since he took his performance against St. Paul so personal he has been on a mission. Certainly it takes a team effort for that performance to take place but the team just feeds off him running the ball. Ever since he had his once in a generation game against Rapid City this team has found new life. So as far as your second question? Disappointment? It just doesnt exist in our vocabulary at this time.

How would you evaluate your team over the last few weeks?

Since the Rapid City game weve been playing at another level and consistently doing so. The roster hasnt changed much since our losing streak turned into a winning streak. For me its a sign that with this Alabama team wins and losses are decided on our performances. If we continue this consistent level of playing as difficult as it was when we won our first game after that losin streak ... the playoffs can not be denied.

With three games remaining, what is the plan to end the season on a high note?

Its playoffs or bust and with three division games its important never to take your foot off the gas. Each of those teams represents a roadblock on our way to the playoffs and its going to be up to us to clear a path so we can get there. 3 teams. 3 games. 3 wins we need to have.

What do you have to do to win the game this week?

First, we have to stay consistent with our effort that weve shown so far on this winning streak. We cant afford to let thoughts get into our head about effort or hustle because we know the other guy has it this time. Because those kinds of thoughts can crumble a team. This team only works with every man doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing at the exact time they are supposed to do it. Its how a well oiled machine runs smoothly.

Now Atlanta may be out of playoff contention but I know Coach Munoz and GM Lucas would want nothing more than to end our chances. Remember week 1 had some personal stakes involved and that has only grown now that we go on the road. If we get distracted by it - it wont be good for Alabama.

Any questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 12, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »

Alright man, another big win... time to put the boots to the Warriors, and hope for some upsets to help shake up the wild card race.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 13, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »
Another week. Another win. Another game of feeding Curt Robles.

Lets get this win and hope things shake loose Coach.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 16, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to another post game press conference victory.  Clearly there's a lot to talk about concerning Curt Robles historic game.  So I'll assume your first question and move forward.  Curt Robles is the first 300 yard man.  He and he alone is the lone man at the top of the mountain and that covers every historic RB that has ever laced up a pair of cleats in the High Impact Football League.  This season we've seen him score more than anyone in this league and now we've seen him gain more yards than anyone at his position.  Most people wouldn't be public about it now but I heard the whispers about Curt, his age, his contract.  Now if you listen real close ... you can't hear those people say a damn thing.  Great game for Curt and a great win for the Alabama Nighthawks. Now for the next question I'll go to Hillary

Talk about your team's news this week.

Well it doesn't look like everyone was happy about this historic game.  Right before I came out for this press conference I stood and listen to GM Lucas give his take on the subject. "Unproffesianalism." "acting way out of hand." "lack of proffesionalism taught by their coaches." "Alabama showing us up." "Promising a message for us." All those flavors that exist in this world and the Atlanta Warriors chose to be salty. Earlier this same year I was faced with the same question when Alabama took a close loss against Las Vegas. I was asked how I felt about the battle between Shelly and Ortega Supermaning on each other and I said, "Ball Out."  This game is too damaging on the body, to taxing on the mind for us to be so butt hurt about celebrating success let alone celebrating HISTORY making events.  I always hear terms like "act like you've been there before" but on a day like today WHEN NOBODY HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE I say celebrate however you want - and that would be the same if the roles were reversed. If Atlanta and GM Lucas had such a problem with how we play maybe they should go back to chalkboard and like GM Lucas said, "focus on not allowing a 300 yard rusher." Hey, GM Lucas - Drake called he wants to know what's it like to start on the bottom and stay there. Don't threaten me or my team. You can barely compete on the football field - you sure as hell can't compete in a fight.

Talk about at least two other news stories of interest.

Everyone is captivated by this Kardashian news and every week the story progresses the two stories coming from both sides conflict more and more. GM Metro is going to have his hands full keeping his team focused on the task at hand when the ultimate distraction is looming around the team.  I only wish a speedy and conclusive end to this so that the parties involved can make the choices they have to make in the best interest of the child.  The second biggest news for me is the relocation of the Tombstone Outlaws.  The news must be devastating to the Tombstone family much as it was to the Pearl Harbor community when the team moved to Cleveland.  I for one am always in favor of avoiding relocation especially for historic franchises who have made Impact Bowl appearances. 

What do you have to do to win the game this week?

As we can see emotions are running high as we get closer to the end of the season.  The tie in DC and Cleveland wasn't an optimal result for us but all we can focus on is winning and with this next game comes one of the toughest competitors we have faced this season. We host Miami and while we earned the victory in week 2 our teams have taken different paths since then.  That game we had to rally back from a dominant run game from Miami and that's really what's going to determine who wins the game. We love to run the ball and so does Miami. Whoever's run game can control the clock and keep their defense more fresh and avoid the turnovers is going to win the game.

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 16, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
THE MEDIA ANXIOUSLY TAKES NOTES ON YOUR COMMENTS, THE RIVALRY WITH ATLANTA BUILDING

Easy win, historic win... and it makes it better that those punks in Atlanta are the ones who have listed as the ones who took that whooping.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 16, 2018, 07:03:52 PM »
If you been coaching unprofessionally for the last five games Coach I only have one thing to say. Keep it up. Your doing a damn fine job.

Now on to Miami they are a hell of a football team as we found out in week 2. Theyre easily the best defense in our league going by points allowed. Do they create pressure or force the turnover a ton? Clearly were going to keep feeding the beast named Curt Robles. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 16, 2018, 11:42:13 PM »

We're two sides of the same coin..  They mix it up with blitz and a strong defensive line, they're hard to predict.. They're #3 against the run, so this is going to be a good old fashion FIST FIGHT.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 16, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
Were big boys. We know what we have to do. Lets JUST DO IT.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 21, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
S10 WEEK 17 - PLAYOFF CONTENDERS
Thank you for your patience as it has taken me some time to overcome some jitters. First my hat off to the Miami Killer Whales. That was an excellent game regardless of outcome. When the HIFL Network gets launched that game will be one of the first to be showcased as an instant classic.

Now as to the effort of my team what can I say? Im one of the few GM who is proud to say I never have to question the effort of my team because for anyone who watched that game effort on either side of the field was not in doubt. Curt Robles averaged 5 yards a carry and Leroy Herron provided two sacks to be our Sack Leader for the game. Despite only having 2 catches Burton Tibbetts made the most of all of them. This truly was a team effort and possibly the biggest win of our season so far.

Ill let Pablo have the next question

With the playoffs coming up, what do you hope to achieve in this final week?

Like any week Pablo Im looking to win but especially this week. One the easiest way to secure a playoff spot is to win this game against Orlando. If we lose we leave ourselves at the mercy of other teams to allow us to still enter. I remember two years ago needing to beat DC to get into the playoffs in the final game and we ended up losing and missing the playoffs. I dont want to end my season with that bitter taste ever again.

Yes next question to Rachel

Who scares you most in the current pool of playoff contenders, who do you hope misses out on the playoffs?

Clearly that St. Paul defense is the most intimidating weapon on our side of the conference. But theyd also want to be the team I see in the playoffs for personal reasons. Im sure Curt Robles would say the same. But as far as a team I hope misses the playoffs would be GM Jon and the Seattle Lumberjacks. Nothing against the Lumberjacks but GM Jon and I have a professional and friendly rivalry with him and him missing the playoffs would provide good banter.

Yes Clinton you can ask the next question

What do you need to do to win this next game?

We need to execute the plan weve been running for the past few weeks. Orlando even though their clinched is going to throw their best at us. You heard GM Cory say he was a goal oriented man. He wants to sweep the division and in his position I would want the same. But Im not in his position. Im the GM of the team standing in their way and they are the team standing in front of our way. Neither team wants to blink, neither team is going to give an inch but they have the added bonus of knowing in week 5 they put 42 pts on us in the first half. That cant happen again. We need to control the clock, limit turnovers, and defensively get that offense off the field as quickly as possible.

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 21, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »

This is it.. We win and we're in, and we aren't relying on anyone else to get us there.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 21, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
This has been some of the most stressful and rewarding weeks of my career. Weve got one game to go ... and then the pressure either doubles or it goes away forever. I know Im rooting to double my pressure!!

Now back to the task at hand with Orlando. I dont want them getting into a groove offensively to start the game so if we win the toss instead of deferring as usual I want the offense to take the field.

Also if Cobbs cant take the field what is the back up plan we have? Are we moving Sanderson to end or bringing in a LB?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »

Cobbs tells me he is going to play.. but if he goes down we're in trouble.  Freedman drops down to DE, we move Martel into the starting LB pool.. Our lack of depth due to our salary cap constraints are worrisome.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 21, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »
Something I REALLY hope to address in the off season but to do that we need to win this game and one more! Though I am happy to hear that Cobbs is suiting up and going to give it a shot.

Coach were going with what brought us to this point. Lets make this happen.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 22, 2018, 02:14:41 AM »
The streak continues!! With this victory weve ensured ourselves a spot in the playoffs and a trip to D.C. The one thing I definitely want to focus on is keeping the team focused. The playoffs offer more exposure and a spotlight and that can be a distraction for some players who arent used to it during the regular season. We dont have to get cute. We dont have to get crazy and most importantly we never have to get ready because we make sure we STAY ready.

Ill open it up to a question yes you Bob

Who was your regular season MVP for the league, and also on your own team?

With all due respect to my annual support of the Anthony Smith is somehow still underrated and only an MVP win will bring awareness to his dominance in pointing the finger to our own Curt Robles. Curt has both literally and figuratively carried this team on his back. The team feeds off his momentum which is why we feed the beast. Ive never met a man harness performance out of sheer will from not wanting to fail again.

Yes Dana go ahead
What is the biggest match up this week for your game ?

Its Alabama at D.C and its not even close. These are two storied franchises with multiple Impact Bowl wins - the only matchup to feature former Impact Bowl Champions. For a long time Alabama was the standard in all of HIFL and recently up until the departure of GM Jon D.C had claimed that throne. Now both franchises see them battling for change. Here in Alabama were trying to prevent change - a change in HC a change in GM and possible other changes. In DC their playing to show change worked. Change of style. Change of GM. Change of HC. GM Dazz wants to escape the shadow of GM Jon and Im trying to stay in the spotlight just one more game at least ...

Yes, Bomani last question

What will it take to advance to the next round of the playoffs?

Figuring out how to avoid the death grip of Larrry Stevens, finding a way around the strength of Anthony Smith, and avoiding the glare of Alfred Glass. The answer? Control the clock. Feed the beast. Over and over and over and over again. Like a famous football philosopher once said, Run through a motherf@#%rs face. Weve got talent on our side too. Anthony Smith only plays one side of the ball - WE HAVE A CEBERUS. The team that wins the line of scrimmage and can gain an edge one inch or the other will ultimately win the game.

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 22, 2018, 02:21:02 AM »

...and now the real test begins.

Looks like they'll be starting Carmazzi at QB, but their staff is high on him and he's a former #2 overall pick. Poetic isn't it?  #1 vs. #2... loser goes home.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 22, 2018, 02:32:57 AM »
And I know exactly what you are thinking Coach - neither one of us is ready to go home just yet. Theres not much film on Carmazzi but Im not concerned with what they present and more about what we can do. For me its about getting past Anthony Smith and considering they would rather run the ball than throw it Im wondering if increasing the blitz ratio would be effective or moot. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 22, 2018, 02:39:26 AM »

Against Anthony Smith?  It might be moot, but against the rest of that line, it could give us lanes to the ball we need.. 

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 22, 2018, 02:46:39 AM »
Whats our current percentage given the situationals? Maybe its not just time we feed the beast ... maybe its time we unleash the beast too.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 22, 2018, 03:15:24 AM »

35% on first, 55 on 2nd and long, 65 on 3rd and long and all fourth downs.. and if we start losing late, we ramp it up to 75.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 22, 2018, 09:46:45 PM »
I say lets ramp it up 10% on all situations except for 3rd and long and losing late. I think thats the only adjustments well make. That being said if theres nothing else Ill go about this week.

Blue can we bring in Jamie Ortega

Jamie here we are. I dont need to tell you to play well because each time weve gone to a playoff game youve balled out despite the end results. I just wanted to personally tell you when it comes to Carmazzi ... being drafted behind you is the closest hes ever come and ever will.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 22, 2018, 09:59:05 PM »

No doubt boss, you know we're poised to take this whole thing, but first we handle our business with DC and get to the next round.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 22, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »
Id expect no other attitude. Lets get this game.

-

Blue let me speak with George Vu

-

George I wanted to let you know well be sending extra guys to disrupt the passing game. That means Im putting more pressure on you guys and the secondary. I wouldnt do that if I didnt believe you guys were capable. Its been a rough season in your rookie year but you havendled it with the professionalism of a veteran. This being your first playoff game I wanted you to know the faith we have in you. Lets ball out.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 22, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »

Aye-Aye Captain!  Lets get to work.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 22, 2018, 10:48:23 PM »
Lets go George!!!

Blue lets remind Coach Rudino about the blitzing changes. Other than lets rock and roll.

Increase Blitzing % by 10 percent on first down and on 2nd and long

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 23, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
Awwwwww yeesssss!! Its not something I talk about often but allow me to open up a bit. I burst on to the scene in the first GM season winning the Impact Bowl. It was beautiful. That was 5 post seasons ago. That Impact Bowl win - that was the last time I won a playoff game. So this victory almost feels like Ive been born again.

But enough about me its time to talk about the team. This team has been through so much adversity. This team did what no other team in this league has done and that is beat D.C at home. We didnt get to control the clock like we wanted to but we won the turnover battle gaining 3 turnovers. Our defense stepped up huge forcing 4 fumbles and picking one off. 

Robert youve got the next question
Who was the most vital person to your victory?

I think weve got to shout out Sammy Davis. We knew facing an offensive line with Anthony Smith that we were going to have to get to the QB in a more unique manner. So we knew we were sending extra guys and it was going to be real important that the man we send be successful otherwise our secondary could get hurt. He had 3 sacks on the day and a TFL. Huge day for him and huge for our defense.

Yes Gonzalo you have the next question
Talk about your opponent, what do you have to do to win?

We face our familiar division opponent in Orlando. Theyve beaten us at home. Weve beaten them at home. Theyve got an offense that if we let them get in rhythm they can burn us by halftime. This last game we played they might have wanted to sweep the division but they had home field and the #1 seed secured. Now the playoffs are here and we are very familiar with each other. This will be another nailbiter for sure.

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 23, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »

Well, that should take care of a big check on the pre-season checklist, but we still want to win the Conference too, so lets get it done...

...interesting choice in not giving Wilkinson the shoutout, those two fumble recovers were pretty vital to the win.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 23, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »
Were not done until were lifting that trophy. Thats whats I hired you for and thats what this team is capable of. As for giving Sammy the shout out over Bruce I was trying to spread the support. Certainly it wasnt meant to not acknowledge his efforts wed be nowhere without his leadership and we leaned heavy on that during our rough stretch.

Im reverting the blitz percentages back to what they were when we faced Orlando in the last game of the season. Stick with the formulat that works.