Author Topic: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS  (Read 68981 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS
« Reply #1700 on: June 28, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »

I don't know that Coble is overall a better talent than McClintock as our #2 corner, but he does have more upside?  So either #2 or #3 for Coble would be a solid fit.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 28, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »
Well let’s slot him in our nickel for now and see what the kid can do from there.

Depth Chart CB

1. George Vu
2. Donald McClintock
3. Raymond Cobles
4. Mark Lambert

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:27 PM »
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for arriving. Please be seated and let’s begin. I’ll take the first question from the front row.

Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

That was an evenly matched game with each team trading score through the entire game. San Antonio came in through the clutch as the clock came down and with the extra time they managed to Strike first which is all that matters. We need to do a better job of converting the third downs and keeping time of possession even if not controlling it.

Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Clearly what’s going on in Atlanta is a lesson the league should learn. In the heat of battle tempers can flare and attitudes can become inflamed. However, there must always be a level of civility and sportsmanship that binds us all both within organizations and with our competitors. It’s also exactly the last thing we need as a league when other competitive leagues are springing up. We can’t afford to lose the public’s trust and send them towards alternatives.

Secondly I’d like to say that next weeks game hasn’t been played yet so this reporting our 4 game losing streak is a bit presumptuous. But I’ll get to the heart of the matter. The Alabama Nighthawks aren’t winning. We currently stand at 4th in our own division behind an expansion team. So to our fans who are asking what should we do I say this. Endure. Right now people are reveling in our woes. Let them. We’re the Alabama Nighthawks. No team is perfect and right now we have more downs than ups but I can tell you it is always darkest before the dawn. This team has the talent, the skills and the heart to compete and win.

How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

I felt great about it. It’s exactly what the league should do not just for the betterment of organizations like us but also for players to showcase themselves.

What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

As one famous philosopher said, “When trade fever hits math is always the first casualty”

Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

We’ll explore any options we can to win games but at this time I haven’t made any decisive action.

Talk about your game this upcoming week.

We go on the road to Cleveland who has made some changes to their roster but it still currently stands ahead of us in the conference. It will be a great benefit to begin beating the teams ahead of us to strengthen our seeding and in making the playoffs.

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 01, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »

Not sure what you've been watching from your vacation home in Mexico, but it's 4 losses in a row man... not the best confidence builder from the team when you get that wrong.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 01, 2018, 11:39:34 PM »
Especially because confidence building is what I was going for. Dammit. Screwed up in that one.

Just gonna have to move on Coach Rudino.

I did like what I saw from the team in the San Antonio game and I hope we play Cleveland that well. Do we know much or have much film on David Jordan they’re fill in for Caleb Smoak?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 02, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

The book on him is that he's got a cannon, but he is hit or miss when his accuracy and decision making.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 02, 2018, 05:04:45 PM »
Let’s hope our pressure makes the kid uneasy and make mistakes.

Thanks Coach

—————

Blue can you call in Bruce Wilkinson

—————

Bruce thanks for coming by. I’m wanting to take the temperature of the locker room. Normally a close lose doesn’t affect us much but coupling the other three games we lost I just want to make sure the guys know there’s still plenty of season ahead of us to make an impact in the standings.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 02, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »

Things are tense.  The offense is still scoring 2nd most in the league and we can tell they're getting tired of us letting the other guys score.  We're dropping down the rankings fast and its all on the defense... but they need to understand we don't have Jarvis and Juan back there this year, and it's definitely making life hard.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 05, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
I want to talk to the team before we play. We’ve got a tough schedule coming up and that will be difficult enough without any infighting. We win as a team. We lose as a team. But I don’t want to patronize the team. I want to show a united front with you representing the defense and I’ll grab a representative Captain from the offense. You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want too but at least standing with me side by side is all I ask.

You in Bruce?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 06, 2018, 12:25:04 AM »

I'm down boss.  You lead, I follow.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: July 06, 2018, 01:07:30 AM »
Thank you Bruce.

——————

Blue can we call in Jamie Ortega

——————

Jamie I just had a conversation with Bruce. He tells me there’s tension in the locker room and it seems to be coming from a split in the offense and defense. Now he’s admitted to me it’s falling on the defense shoulders because the offense is doing its job but this season is more difficult than previous years for this defense.

Now no matter the reason we’re on this losing streak we need to come together. He’s willing to rep the defense and I want you to rep the offense as a show of unity when I talk to the team. You don’t need to say anything if your not comfortable but just stand next to me. If you want to say something that’s great too. We don’t need any infighting growing in our ranks. That’s how we truly will lose the season. Our opponents over the next few weeks will certainly try to fill that role.

Are you in Jamie? I know together we can lead this team to victory and to the post season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 06, 2018, 01:25:44 AM »

Man, you know I've got your back.  I ride or die for my squad, anything you need you know I've got you.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 07, 2018, 10:31:11 PM »
I appreciate that Jamie. Why don't you follow me down to the locker room Jamie and we'll grab Bruce on the way.

GM Pancho takes off his tie and jacket and rolls up his sleeves.  He let's Blue know of his location and to ping him on his cell if an emergency comes up otherwise not to be bothered.  Jamie and GM Pancho see Bruce Wilkinson outside the executive offices and signals him over.

----------

The players are all gathered around with music playing not paying attention. GM Pancho gives Coach Rudino the heads up and he motions for one of the assistants to gather the team and kill the music.

Hey! Need y'all to have eyes on me for a second. 

We had a tough loss last week.  It doesn't help that prior to that we were already losing.  Looking ahead, things don't get easier.  Cleveland. St. Paul. Rapid City. Now I could talk tough and try and say we don't want it easy but that's bull.  I could talk about what the Nighthawks logo means to the history of this league and what we stand for but that's bull too.  That kind of stuff is for the media.  It doesn't work in this locker room.

This team isn't a brand, it's not a logo, it's made up of us. We are the ones who have to sweat the wins and the losses.  The brands and the logo's won't care next year if I'm gone, if Coach is gone. 

222 Points Scored. Second best in the league.

204 points allowed.  That put's in the class with Milwuakee, Portland, and Tombstone.

Know what those three teams have in common? They're in last place.

Now I've heard about their being tension in the room.  This concerns me.  It concerns me because we're doing the one thing that will prevent us from climbing out of this rutt we are in.  We implode from within.  We start looking at the guy next to us and blaming him for our troubles and I know we're done.

Here we only have each other.  The media doesn't have your back, the opponent's don't have your back, and REAL TALK neither do the fans.  Right here the people on your side are the ones you can count on and should be able to because some days we just won't have it.  And  you don't want the guy you've been blaming for the loss to suddenly turn on you and say -'now it's your fault!'  Nah! You want him to come up to you and say "hey this time I got you."

Share the load.  Work for each other. 

Captains if you've got something to share the floor is yours. Coach, thanks for letting me come in - we're on to Cleveland. Guys, thanks for hearing me out.

GM Pancho walks out of the room hoping the words have not fallen on deaf ears.  He pulls out the cell phone and calls Blue at his desk

-----

Blue, no changes this week.  Let's kick Mustang ass.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 18, 2018, 12:03:36 AM »
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your time and patience.  This one is going to be one for the ages. Who wants to step up to the plate first?  Yes, Katie in the second row.

Another loss. Simple as that.  We now have 5 losses in a row.  3 wins to open the season and 5 losses to compliment them. Credit to Cleveland for playing well with the changes in their roster and defending their home turf.  We had a chance with the way the defense played today but a Blitzer defense is a Blitzer defense and they choked us on offense.  Not a single offensive touchdown and even the rare safety.    Yes, Toby in the back.

Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

Timothy Cobbs and Jamie Ortega have really played well on an individual level but especially Cobbs.  I've had some conversations with GM's and I would say he is a defensive player of the year front runner with Bruce Wilkinson behind him.  We actually have a lot of players having a decent individual season but as a collective it isn't translating to wins.  As for who stands out as bad - you can point the finger at me.  I have players who are giving me everything they have.  It's my job to put them in positions to succeed and for some of these players I haven't done that.  Call it a cop out answer but it's the truth.  Blame begins at the top and I take the full responsibility of our losing streak. Yes Josh down in the middle.

With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

I'm on a roller coaster of emotions hanging to the edge of my seat.  That being said I do this job to the best of my ability so long as my pass key works.  Every action I take and every move I make isn't to save my individual job but to better this team and the franchise.  I would hope that if Mr. Woods saw me going into business for myself he would put an end to it no different than I would step in with a coach or player.  Amanda you're up next.

Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

It's Timothy Cobbs.  He's a force of nature on the defensive line throwing down offensive linemen and quarterbacks like a sack of potatoes.  It's about time we pay some respect to the men who make QB and RB say their prayers and eat their vitamins before stepping on the field against us. When it comes to an under performer -  the season seems to be riding on the shoulders of QB John Carr.  St. Paul has an impressive defense but can their offense carry them to wins.  I laugh at this but if we meshed our rosters we might be the love child of the irressitable force and the immovable object.

Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Atlanta has been full of surprises.  Not because I expected them to be at a certain position in the standings but they made moves that seemed to conflict with their own public GM Philosophy.  Then in the middle of my fledgling losing streak Atlanta told us to hold their beer as they went crazy in a media frenzy with an owner attacking his employee.  Signing big free agents than trading them.  I might not be able to deliver on the field this season but at least I'm not a lunatic in a suit. 

With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

I see myself doing what's best for the franchise regardless of job security - because the best way to keep your job is by doing your job.  I will not be taken advantage of.  The team comes before me. Period.  Janice go.

What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

We're already seeing some members of the league giving up players because they couldn't handle their finances. Other leagues that have been created are now bearing the fruit of mathematical errors.  Putting a luxury tax may create parity but players fighting against that wall have other options now.  I just feel the talent that will be lost will hurt the product on the field.  I specifically look at a player like Mr. Hagan who always goes to the highest bidder ... well thanks to this luxury tax that highest bidder might not be in the HIFL and that means we won't have one of the best football players in the world in our league.  That draws eyes away from the product.  It might not happen overnight but this will have a large economic impact and a football impact as well. Jed last question

Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Speaking of St. Paul! John Carr comes to town this week and we want to give him an Alabama welcome - to the turf.  I've got a defensive line hungry and a team wanting a win.  I'll see GM Gooch on the field and to the winner goes the spoils.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: July 18, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »

GM Pancho...

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 18, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
Mr. Mongo G Woods. This has not been the season I invisioned. It’s not the results I expected to deliver. It’s a Disappointment.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 18, 2018, 12:38:54 AM »

It most certainly is..  Especially since we are appearing not to be nearing a trade to fix our team.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 18, 2018, 12:44:46 AM »
I’ve worked the phones. I’ve made multiple offers to multiple general managers. It’s certainly not from a lack of trying. But I don’t make excuses. I make beds and I lie in them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 18, 2018, 12:52:56 AM »

I respect that, and that is why it is very important that you win this week against St. Paul.  We can not afford to fall out of playoff contention.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
I completely understand. Thank you sir.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 18, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »

I like you GM Pancho, momma always said that you could tell alot about a man by how he made his first impression, but she also said people won't remember what you did before, just what you did in the end... ...which is funny, because our maid Katrina, she always said "its not what you did, it's what have you done fo' me late-ly..."  ...I don't know, I guess it's kinda the same thing. 

Have a nice day.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 18, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »
Thank you sir.

—————

Blue can you call in Coach Rudino - I’ve finished meeting with Mr. Woods.

—————

Coach Rudino not where we expected to be this time of year. I’ve spent hours working the phones. Nothings going to change on our roster. This is our team for better or worse.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 18, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »

Definitely not the season anyone expected.  It's not over, not yet.  We can turn this around.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 18, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
Long as I work out of this office I continue to work towards our goals. Dark as it may get but if I lose to John Carr maybe I do deserve to be fired. Coach if it doesn’t interfere with anything you do I’m going to spend the rest of the season on the sidelines.

Now as to the game - I don’t want St. Paul’s defense to do what Cleveland did. I’m thinking about changing our primary target to Oliver Giles or Curt Robles especially with Maxley on Tibbetts. Your thoughts about how that would go over in the locker room and with you Coach Rudino.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: July 18, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »

Everyone will still get their looks, Ortega goes through his reads. I think its a fine move to make without shaking up the locker room in a bad way.  ...as for the sidelines, just don't get near me when I'm calling plays, I need my space.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: July 18, 2018, 04:05:36 PM »
I’ll stay in my lane Coach. Do me a favor and talk with Burton letting him know I’m making this change. I’ll talk to Oliver myself

—————

Blue let’s bring in Oliver Giles to the office

—————

Oliver thanks for coming. I know our talk earlier in the season didn’t go as well I would have liked and really this season hasn’t. I’m making a change. I’m making you the primary receiver. You’ve managed to do work without it but I hope doing this can bring a spark to the team and reverse our offensive fortune from last week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

Bout damn time.. Let me get this team back on track, we gon' ball out and show what time it is!

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 18, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »
Let’s make it happen.

————-

Blue let’s make sure Coach Rudino knows

Primary Receiver: Oliver Giles

Let’s whoop Lynx behind.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 22, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen of the press.  National and local media thank you for coming.  I'm prepared to take your questions one at a time.

The first half was a defensive knockout drag out fight which resulted in only 3 points.  Offensively it wasn't a half to be proud of but defensively we competed and kept the game close.  When we came out for the second half whether we were flat due to exhaustion from the first half or a curse that has seems to be following us to every game we let St. Paul score and they never looked back.  Offensively we never improved from our first half effort and while we managed to save grace by scoring a TD it's a game we lose again.  You just can't expect to compete for long only converting one third down the entire game.

Yes, Mark in the center.

With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team?

I'm happy for Burton Tibbetts, Lloyd Graff, Bruce Wilkinson, Timothy Cobbs on representing the east and surprisingly also for Raul Darnell who finds himself representing the west. I certainly have to question for both of the general managers who clearly went into business for themselves by selecting their own undeserved players.  I choose the words undeserved because by any actual statistical analysis some of these players don't deserve to be in over others.  How GM Kirk can select a player like Storm Woods over the year Curt Robles has had?  Robles is better than Woods Rushing Yards and they were tied at YPC when the selections were made which is very impressive considering the number of times Robles has carried the ball for us this season. I also don't understand how competitively GM Kirk doesn't select Waylon Hagan and somehow he now ends up in the west.  Trust me I just came back from playing him - despite whatever baggage GM Kirk still may be holding from the time Hagan spent in DC - that man can play football.

Yes, Monica

What news stories stood out to you this week?

I suppose I should comment on the news story circulating that any minute I'll be doing an impersonation of Marie Antoinette meeting the guillotine.  But I won't.  I'm not a story.  I either will be fired or I won't.  Speculating on when it will happen isn't important to this team.  I do want to comment on the story of Jamie Ortega and a franchise tag all depending if I am let go.  I personally hope that Jamie and his agent JC do what is best for them at all times.  I've never shied from my players that this is a business wrapped with personal emotions.  You can't manage it with emotions but you also can't be a cold hearted individual.

Ed, you've had your hand up awhile take the next one.

Back in primetime! We've take ourselves on the road to battle the defending two time champion Rapid City Fire. They haven't been the usual dominant team but that doesn't mean they are any less dangerous.  That offense is filled with weapons that would make a five star general blush.  The key as has been the case for a few weeks has been to keep a sustained offensive attack that lets us dominate the time of possession while preventing the other team from making the big play.  If we can keep pressure on their offense make their timing go out of sync by hurrying players, plays, and feet we have a chance.  I'm sure some of their players may be motivated by being snubbed themselves from making the all star team so we have to match their own fire and step out on the field ready to compete from beginning to end.  Maybe this can be the one win that vaults us back into contention out of this funk.  Because as quickly as people want to throw dirt on us they know damn well they'd shit their pants at the sight of an Alabama Zombie coming for their spot.

Mathematically we're 4 games behind in the division ... a division we still have a winning record in.  Hell we'd be tied for second place if that's all that mattered.  In the wild card we are only 3 games behind with games against Orlando and Charlotte to help shorten the gap.  If we can get this win against Rapid City and then follow that up against Kansas City we got ourselves a wild card chase.  I've still got seven games left on the schedule.  I'm no dead yet.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 22, 2018, 05:46:32 PM »

You're right.. we aren't dead yet, but we might be if we can't top Rapid City. And by we, I mean you and I.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 22, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
Thank you for your continuing support Coach Rudino. You jumped on this ship knowing we were going to have to put out some fires. How ironic that we now stand in front of an Inferno.

For awhile our question was how were we going to stop teams from scoring on us. Now we have to flip the script. How the hell are we going to score? We faved tough defensive matchups the last two games but we managed to score against Las Vegas. What’s happening on the offensive side of the ball?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 22, 2018, 08:03:48 PM »

We lost the ability run the ball when we lost both of our guards, Im hoping with them healthy now, we'll be back to being a force, and giving Jamie time to pass as well... but this losing streak has taken its toll on the team, even with your speech and our strong captains working to keep everyone in tune together, we've struggled to get any good mojo going.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 23, 2018, 12:41:37 AM »
Yeah you can only say try harder so many times without it paying off. I know we recently changed the primary target to Oliver Giles this past week. Is that something you want to change back to Burton now that we face Rapid City. I know we also briefly talked about changing it to Curt Robles - maybe being snubbed from the All Star game put some extra pep in his step.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 23, 2018, 11:14:00 PM »

I'd go back to Tibbetts, but I could see the perks of going with Robles as well.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 24, 2018, 11:31:10 PM »
Thanks for the advice Coach. I’m going to lean on Robles for this week. Let Oliver know we’re making that change as well as Burton. Thank you Coach Rudino.

————

Blue let’s call in Curt Robles if he has some time.

————

Curt I wanted to let you know personally we were tabbing you to be the primary target for this weeks game against Rapid City. We know this past game was an aberration and certainly hasn’t been the norm this entire season for you. Something neither GM seemed to remember when they both had the opportunity to select you.

Punish them all. Run like the wind.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 25, 2018, 09:40:02 PM »

Man, this past game was insane.. That St. Paul defensive front seven is no joke, legit had the worst game of my damn career... You know how hungry I am to turn it on and burn these fiya-boyz!  Gimme the rock.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:50 PM »
You got the rock.

——————

Blue. Remind Coach Rudino that we’re switching the primary receiver

Primary Receiver: Curt Robles

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 30, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
Oh yes ladies and gentlemen what a time to be alive!!!!! First I am just absolutely giddy that the streak is over.  I don't even have it in me to try and put on a front.  Now hopefully this ear to ear grin doesn't get in the way of me being able to spit out some answers.

Bomani you can have the first question -

Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right

Let me tell you a story about a man named Curt Robles.  After having literally the worst game of his illustrious career we had a conversation that left me with no doubt that I wanted that man to have the ball - and boy did we keep feeding him!! I've been around this league since they first allowed GM's and I've had some legendary players on my roster.  NEVER have I seen a performance like that. 49 attempts 236 yards and 8 TD!  Though I'm sure Curt would be the first to tell you he couldn't do it if it weren't for the guys blocking in front of him. Just wow.

Just wow - Yes Jessica near the wall.

Talk about any news your team is involved in this week, as well as what other news stories stood out to you this week?

It's gotten back to me that Curt said his performance was about me and not about him being snubbed in the All Star game.  That's truly the best validation a GM can receive when a player says he is doing something not for you - but because of you.  Being a GM there will always be a mix of good and bad -

And the bad is the reports coming in about Albert Cheatham.  Now i will ask for a moment to gather all the information before passing any kind of judgment but certainly the initial report isn't something I want to hear about one of our players. 

Ok go ahead Major you've got the next question

Primetime once again this time hosting the Kansas City Bruins.  This game will come down to one thing - can our defense; who is 21st in passing yards per game rise to the occasion and limit the Bruins who are the 3rd best passing team in the league. And can their defense; who is 18th in rushing yards per game rise to the occasion and limit the Nighthawks who are the third best rushing team in the league?  Both of us are on the outside looking in when it comes to a playoff berth and will be playing our butts off to make it there.  I expect despite the records of both teams the effort we will see on that field will be the absolute best we've gotten this season so far.

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 30, 2018, 01:42:47 PM »

..How about that?  A little throw back to 2016.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 30, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
Man I'm glad I started spending the games on the sidelines.  You could just feel the energy on the sidelines.  Our guys were pumped and truth be told I saw a lot of Rapid City fans cheering on Robles so they can see they saw history!

But Kansas City presents the same problems as Rapid City if not more so and now we are down a Center for the remainder of the season.  You know the players - we're about a week away from being able to call up some minor leaguers to help our offensive line depth -  do we have the depth on the offensive line to cover Michael Arnold?  Also, do we have anyone on the roster now that can switch to Center to meet league requirements?

Or do you want to sign a guy now and move Arnold to the IR?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 30, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »

The only way we have to meet requirements is if Arnold is put on IR, as it is he's there he just can't play..  We have Linkos so we are covered on the offensive line, but if you want to IR him, then we would have to sign a player, call one up when we are allowed, or pay to move a player to center.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 30, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »
If you say we're covered for this week with Linkous I'd rather go that route and put Arnold on IR next week when we have more options available to us.

Thanks for your time Coach Rudino.

----------

Blue can you call in Curt Robles for me

----------

Curt that was an amazing performance!  You literally carried us to victory.  Your comments after the game were a nice touch I thank you for saying them.  How are you feeling though?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 30, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

Man I'm gassed, but I'm ready to throw it all down again next week.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 31, 2018, 11:53:03 AM »
I can imagine you'd be gassed after that performance and to think at one point you actually carried the ball MORE times.  I'm still going to keep you the primary receiver - I know you only had 1 catch but I'd be foolish to change anything after our first win in a long time.  Rest up for the week cause we're going to need you down the stretch.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »

Right on, we'll get it done.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 31, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »
Thanks for coming by Curt.

-----

Blue can we call Albert Cheatham down in Gulfport I need to get down to the bottom of this

-----

Albert the initial reporting doesn't look good.  Have you contacted legal representation or you got a public defender?  What are they telling you about this possible DUI and Speeding charge?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 31, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »

Man.. they got me good. 4-times the legal limit and 25 over the speed limit, they takin' my license and talking about making me go to some kind of classes and shit.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 31, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
YOU BLEW A .32!! Do you know how dangerous that is? You would have had to have 15 drinks in one hour to even get close to that.  You were drunk enough for 4 people? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!?! The cops did you a huge favor pulling you over and arresting you before you killed somebody or yourself. 

If the legal system doesn't make you go to classes you can bet your ass I will.  You've got to convince me this isn't going to happen again.  So let's hear it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 31, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »

I know shit, I was out there at a VIP party for the team and I was the DPOTG so the VIP chick just kept fillin my cup, and yeah...  but na man.. I'm not gonna be caught dead doing that again, you have my word man.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 31, 2018, 02:19:25 PM »
Well that's good to hear Albert.  Is this your first DUI?  Usually they have a set plea ready to go for first time offenders at least that's how they do it in the California Judicial System. 

Albert you know I'm going to have to suspend you. I hope, while unfortunate that it happened, is a springboard into you becoming a better man.  Your only 23 years old. You've got a lot of life and career ahead of you but your suspended for two games.

And whether or not the court sends you - you should go to those classes.