Author Topic: TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN  (Read 80197 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »

Team Information
City: Long Beach, California
Conference: Western
Team Owner: Sir Arthur Orin Curry
Team Secretary: Ariel Mera

Official Colors:

Blue (#B8CFE9)
Blue (#003366)

Team History:
The Long Beach Mermen are owned by former Army Ranger Arthur Curry.  Curry is a very out of the box thinker, and that mindset is the reason he left a militarily life that had too many rules ... especially about hair.
Now Curry is the Unconventional Owner of the Long Beach Mermen, looking to find new creative ways to put the best team possible on the field to win games.  In Season 1 fans got to see Curry's unorthodox style flourish as Argentinean dual threat quarterback Anderson Ginobili lead the team to a 10-6 record and an amazing playoff run where the team defeated 3rd seed Oakland 27-9 before thumping Tombstone 32-17 to reach the Impact Bowl.  Unfortunately despite Ginobili's 108.3 Quarterback rating in the postseason, the Mermen could not capture the League Championship and fell 38-17 in the Impact Bowl.  The Mermen ended the year with the #3 scoring defense (allowing 21 points per game) to go with the #1 ranked rushing offense but the worst passing attack in the league.  In season 2 the team suffered a major setback going 8-8 and finishing in a 3 way tie but on the outside looking in for the playoffs due to the tie breakers, and despite keeping their run game on point, the team never reached the playoffs again going 5-11 in season 3 and 4.
The most devastating moment in team history came  in the first game of season 4 when now 3 time pro bowler Anderson Ginobili's career came to a sudden end when he suffered a late 4th quarter injury, at 34 a broken leg was a career ending injury, which sent the team into a season long tail spin. Now the Mermen look to get things back on track having signed Ginobili as the teams head coach, but having several holes to fill on the roster.

Season 1: 10-6
Season 2: 8-8
Season 3: 5-11
Season 4: 5-11
Season 5: 10-6 [GM Pancho]
Season 6: 7-9 [GM Pancho]
Season 7: 5-11 [GM Black Death]
Season 8: 3-13 [GM Black Death]
Season 9: 6-10 [GM Black Death]

Playoff Appearances:
Season 1 (Impact Bowl)
Season 5 Impact Bowl Champions

RETIRED NUMBERS:

QB - Anderson Ginobili - 5 [S1-S4] [S5-S7]
RB - Jose Mackey - 31 [S6-S7]

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:51:22 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

'ello, I am Sir Arthur Orin Curry, I know it is hard to see past my amazing, flowing hair but if you can make it past it's magnificence you will see that I am in need of a General Manager here in Long Beach.  We want a General Manager who is not afraid to think outside of the box.  How you build the team is up to you, but I will always be looking for exciting new ways of attacking, and of course seeing a turn around in our franchise's fortunes.  We already have a coach who is a former star of this team. Coach Ginobili is just as unorthodox as I am, and I believe this is a recipe for success! Remember to condition!

If you haven't noticed, it's also very windy in our office building.  I am Ariel Mera, secretary for the team.  Any interested GM's please apply with me, remember... everything's better down where it's wetter!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:47:03 AM by Talon »

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:41:35 AM »
Hello Sir Arthur Orin Curry I am GM Pancho.  I know that my track record in the state of California isn't smooth but I am looking to return home.  You prefer out of the box thinking?  I will show you out of the box thinking.  My application will acknowledge my weaknesses.  I don't do well in high pressure situations like the L.A. Sol.  I don't do well with owners who want to implement their system.

However, you and I share a similar philosophy.  For too long football has been constrained by conventional thinking that evidence shows is ass backwards.  Just look at every new offensive scheme that comes into a league.  Wildcat.  Run Option.  Pistol.  The game is begging for a change.  I'm talking white skill players, smart black players, and samoan kickers. I'm talking change.  But not change for the sake of change but successful meaningful change. 

It took me awhile to find the GM that could make it work but I feel my time in Carolina showed that I was able adapt and change and start something new.  Unfortunately the world never got to see the outcome of the HaHa McCool trade but trading him went against every conventional thought.  But the truth was I had little to no chance of re signing him after we negotiated to a 1 year deal and little had just left the building.  So while I had the once in a lifetime talent I was going to lose him.  The question was whether I wanted to lose him for nothing or turn him into assets that would become the new building block.  Now only the great beyond knows the answer to that question.

But you are the one who has the answer of who the next GM for the Long Beach Mermen will be ... and I hope it is my name that is spoken.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »

GM Pancho, I had hoped to hear from you when I announced that we would be searching for a GM, but so far you have failed to impress me.  I am going to wait and hope like a good conditioner, the longer you sit the better you get.

If you have any questions on the teams current personnel or would like to further explain your philosophy feel free, I am all ears.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »
I feel my philosophy is best represented by my current time in Pittsburgh.  Ive brought success to a franchise that never had it amd ive done it uncoventionally building through trades to retool instead of tanking to rebuild.

Im an honest straight forward man who likes to care for people like they were family.  I inherited Coach Ollie as a HC and together we have grown like a thick stubble. I see no problems in doing so with your current Head Coach especially with as deep a tie to the team as my assistant Micah Grey was. Promoting from within is always best.

May I speak with Mr. Ginobili if it is allowed?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:35:31 PM »

Hello.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
Hola Senor Ginobili.

I wanted to know about your time here in Long Beach and about your coaching philosophy. Feel free to ask me any questions about myself.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »

Who are you?

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:12 PM »
Wow look at me act like some third rate fan boy.

My name is Pancho Libre. Current GM of the Pittsburgh Blades former GM of the LA Sol and Carolina Strikers and hopeful GM of the Long Beach Mermen.  Sir Curry allowed me onto the grounds to meet people while he made up his decision.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »

Ah!  GM Libre, I have heard your name before on ESPN and even EZPN.  Good to meet you.

This is my first year coaching, so I am still working on my actual style, but what I know best is how to paly quarterback.  I think I can add insight to a young QB no matter what scheme we decide to run with.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN [HIRING]
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:06 PM »
Sir Curry must have a lot of faith in your talents to hire you right away. I admire that kind of loyalty and hopefully i will have the ability to grow that same kind of loyalty with you should Sir Curry make that choice.  Tell me about the skill positions here. Do we have the pieces to compliment a less trained but higher skilled QB ... outside of yourself that is.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

Well Roberto Brandt ran for 1619 yards and 8 TDs last season to pick up the slack for my injury, he is 30 now but still looks like he's got "it."

Joseph Herzog is our dynamic tight end, at age 28 he has collected 357 catches for us for 2946 yards and 14 TDs, he's a playmaker at the position.

At WR, Bertram Arnett has yet to play a full season, he's had finger problems that have limited him to 23 of the past 32 games, but in those 23 games he's put together 80 catches for 704 yards and 4 TDs, this is his last year under contract at age 29.

Domenic Caron (30) worked the slot in S3 and racked up 973 yards on 54 catches and 4 TD, but only had 10 catches last season for 131 yards.

Clint Dickey (22) was a second round pick in S3, he has 1 year left on his rookie deal, he has caught 78 balls in both seasons with the team, in S3 it was for 638 yards and 3 TDs, this year he had 760 yards and 4 TDs but he also cut his drops in half. I think he's in for a break out year.

Lynwood Hunter (26) is a 5'9 speed demon in who hasn't really had a chance to thrive yet, 25 catches in two years, but he is itching for the chance to take over the slot.

Luigi Lewis (23) was the #3 overall draft pick last year, he started 4 games and played in all 16, he caught 53 balls for 816 yards and 6 TDs as a rookie, which showed a lot of promise..

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:39 AM »
Well thank you Mr. Ginobili for having this conversation with me.  I truly look forward to working with you if Sir Curry finds me deserving of that opportunity.

----

Ms. Mera ... is it Ms.?  If you don't mind me asking did Sir Curry do your hair for you.  I have to say it is quite stunning.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:01 AM »

Yes he did!  Thank you!  It flows so wonderfully, especially in this windy building!

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
You think job or no job he could help me out with this hot mess I'm working with?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:19:53 AM by GM Dark Pancho »

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:18 AM »

ARIEL SCREAMS IN HORROR AS GM PANCHO LIBRE PULLS HIS HAIR OUT OF HIS HEAD LEAVING A PATCHY BALD MESS AND A PILE OF HAIR ON THE FLOOR.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 12:26:02 AM »
What you don't like?

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
MASTERING THE ART OF FTL FLIGHT, GM TJ ARRIVES IN LONG BEACH WITH HIS PUKE SOAKED BIG WHIG COSTUME.

Holy hell, GM Pancho, you too huh? Shit man the NBL closure has been rough on us all.

Uh, so where do I apply to be the GM of the organization?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:54 AM »
Sir Arthur Orin Curry, I am interested in being your GM here in Long Beach. I feel I am the best choice for this job because I'm extremely knowledgeable about football and follow the sport extensively which makes me a very underrated option. I like to think outside of the box and use unusual methods for finding players who are diamonds in the rough and playing the odds with strategy such as using onside kicks or fake field goals to throw the other teams off. Think of it like the book Moneyball. Using analytics and stats based indicators to create a winning formula here in Long Beach might be what the gets this team to become a winner. I want to create a foundation here and build on it. Look at what I've done in Chicago, Memphis, St. John's, and New Mexico in recent months. I stepped up to the plate and created good foundations for all of those teams that can be built on to make a winner. Like I said, I might not be the best option overall on paper but I'm a good option and very knowledgeable about the sport of football. I want to look for players with certain stat lines that I look for as far as being under the radar types of players and make this team into a winner. I like to run a Spread Offense and use a 4-3 defense with 40% blitzing. I also think field position and controlling the clock are essential for on field success. I look forward to talking with you some more. Thank you.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 12:31:39 AM »
Applying to Long Beach huh?  I hear they take applications right on the corner of America and Go Fuck Yourself BLVD.  And what the FUCK is that smell?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 12:32:28 AM »
I think that smell is this clump of hair over here...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 12:36:30 AM »

Gentlemen, Gentlemen... please calm down. You're blocking my fan!

Scenario time.

4th down and 12 on your own 30 yard line.  Down by 3 points with 1:30 to play and no time outs... Take me through the final moments.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 12:43:49 AM »
Clearly punting is out of the question. 

Herzog would likely draw the double team so he would be used as a decoy.

With two WR on the right side and one on the left as well as our TE. We would run two go routes with the WR on the right drawing the CB and SS.  The WR on the left would draw a button hook while Herzog would run a slant back into the middle of the field exposing the right side of the field.

Lynwood we would have lined up as a RB to the side of the QB who runs an underneath route under the go routes get him in the open field and let him use his speed to let a CB or even an unlucky OLB try to tackle him 1 on 1.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »
THat sir, is the smell of liberty, justice, the pursuit of happiness, and a lot of happy hour pina coladas. Look man, I never did you wrong, that'd be Powers. If you're mad at me because Auntie, Pappi, and your 54 "cousins" couldn't properly come to this great country of America, you sir can hop your ass back over the border.

GM TJ LOOKS AT ARIEL

Easy, we go for it. We run 3 WRs, a TE, and a RB. We run two of our WRs to the wide side with the TE out wide, then on the short side the other WR in the slot and our RB out wide.

Our three inside targets run curls to the sticks, our wide side outside WR runs a corner along the sideline and our RB runs a drag underneath the curls. The aim is throw to one of the curl routes and flip it to the RB, for the first down and get up to spike the ball. After that we throw to the sidelines on the following plays taking 5-8 yards at a time before taking a couple chances down to the endzone, we score, we win. I celebrate winning the title in season 7 with a nice pina colada.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 12:52:15 AM »
I would go with a no huddle offense with two receivers on the sides, a slot receiver, and a tight end with the running back mainly blocking since running the ball will make the clock run out which is not good but occasionally use the RB as a decoy or for pass catching purposes. Have the QB start off with a long pass to get them thinking we're going for the long bomb. Then follow that up with passes to the sideline to stop the clock and continue to give us time to move the ball.

Once we get to the fifty yard line go for passes up the middle and spike the ball when necessary to save time for us. That would roughly leave the team with 25-30 seconds left.

We start off the next play with we go with a short pass to the sideline to make them think we're going for the field goal. Then we fake a run up the middle and go for the end zone with a long pass. We do this for the next two plays running passes to the sideline between the 10 and 5 yard lines. With the clock stopped because of getting out of bounds we go for the win since we'll have time for two plays with a short pass to our most open receiver which likely will be the tight end or the slot receiver in the middle of the end zone.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 12:56:23 AM »
Ms. Mera I have to apoligize for this unpatriotic charlatan.

While the hook and ladder actually is a decent play the real trick play is having you believe that wearing a Whig costume shouting obscenities and getting drunk by 3 pm somehow makes you more American.

You know what's more American.  Starting from the ground up.  Working hard day in and out.  Putting food on a table to feed your family and making sure that the next generation does better than the last. 

That means as a GM every year we will be as good if not better.

Pancho Libre looks at TJ

You sir give America a bad name. 

Pancho looks back at Ms. Mera

Tell Mr. Curry that he may reach me on my phone or you may call me to continue this interview process but I will not stand next to a man that would insult my family.  The insults to me are nothing.  I can defend myself.  But my aunt and father have worked too hard to be belittled by some drunk.  That's what family gatherings are for.  Not interviews.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 12:58:34 AM »
So I'm invited to the next BBQ at the Libre resident? Sweet, awesome. Thanks Pancho.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »

GM Pancho, you have the job if you would accept it.  GM TJ, you're comments lead us to believe you would be a PR nightmare, and GM Franchise, thank you for your time.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »
Adios mi amigo! Buena suerte! Here, have the Big Whig costume!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 01:01:59 AM »
Thank you and good luck, Pancho.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 01:04:41 AM »
Pancho Libre refuses to look in the direction of TJ as he tries to make everything sound like a joke but in reality deeply offended a former friend and now must live the rest of his natural life with one eye open.  He walks toward Ms. Mera.

Gracias Senorita Mera.  Tell Sir Curry that he has my gratitude but more importantly he has a passionate GM.  For now there is no more work to be done till the league provides more information. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »

Welcome to Long Beach GM Libre, we will get you the information you need once the league provides official figures.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 02:01:53 AM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5..

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:53 AM »
Ms. Mera get me Travis Freese on the line about becoming the defensive coordinator for the Mermaids.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 03:23:33 AM »

Hey son, how are you doin' today?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:23:48 AM by Talon »

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 03:29:07 AM »
Hey Travis this defense needs a lot of work.  I'm looking for a coach who can give this defense an identity.  What's your style of defense and do you prefer to be more aggressive or a bend but not break defense?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 03:32:24 AM »

Well son, when I played it was all about bringing the heat!  I believe in heavy blitz packages. The 3-4 allows an array of blitzes, but the key is linemen who can eat the blocks to free up the linebackers.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 03:39:53 AM »
I'd have to agree with your linemen but also say the same about the corner backs.  Got to keep good coverage otherwise the blitzes won't mean anything with people wide open in the slot.  When it comes to the corners do you play for man on man or prefer a zone coverage?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 03:47:35 AM »

Good Corners can play on an island in 1 on 1 coverage, I like letting a safety play center field while the other either blitzes or plays man in the slot.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 03:51:19 AM »
I'll keep that in mind Mr. Freese and thank you for coming in.  I've got a few more interviews to conduct for the position but if your our man you'll get a call back.

----

Ms. Mera let me talk to John Rudino.

----

Mr. Rudino thanks for stopping by.  Tell me about your experience with the game and what kind of defensive playbook you prefer to work with.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:19 AM »

Hey GM Pancho, let me tell you something, I'm a coach who looks for Grinders.  No, not the sandwiches, but the people who get out there and play good fundamental hard nosed football.  I've coached a lot  football, not just on defense, but all over the field.  I like the prospect of being a head coach, but ya know, for the right price I'd consider working as a coordinator.  I like working with linebackers and QB's, I make both smarter players, boost the IQ.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:02 AM »
Got to say John I'm loving everything I'm hearing.  Smart players?  Dual threat coach?   I've got a rookie coach in Anderson Ginobili.  I'm sure you've seen him play and I think you being his coordinator would be a big boost to his own coaching knowledge.  Now I respect you wanting to be a head coach but I'd be willing to take big money and a short term deal to make both parties happy.

What say you to a 2 year 4 Million deal?  You sign on the dotted line and I'll take use out to eat to celebrate.  Say wings? 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 04:08:13 AM »

Tell you what Pancho, you make it 5MM and I'll buy.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 04:11:10 AM »
I can't do 5 Million John because Coach Ginobili is only making 4.5 Million.  My Head Coach has to be paid the most as to respect the hierarchy of the coaching positions.  I'd be willing to cut a 1 year deal at 4 Million if that would get it done but i have to respect my coach and not have someone under him be paid more than him. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »

I like you and what you've had to say so far GM Pancho, but I gotta say, for 4MM I'd work here as a coordinator, but not without first getting a chance to test the market to see if I am wanted as a head coach.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 04:24:28 AM »
I'm a man of my word.  You don't like what these GM's are offering you've got a standing contract offer here.  Nothing better when it comes to negotiating like having a safety net.  Enjoy the interviews coach but not too much.  I hope to have you here in Long Beach.

-------

Ms. Mera that went well.  Hope we get a bit of luck on our side.

May you contact Harry Bryce about our offensive coordinating position?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 04:26:17 AM »

Hello GM Pancho, thanks for the invitation to visit, I live up in San Francisco so it was an easy trip down.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 04:31:49 AM »
Another California native?  Not sure that was your intention but that is definitely bonus points in my book.  Our owner is looking for some creative ways to bring to the game of football and I was wondering if you were up to that kind of challenge?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:25 AM »

Definitely man, I am all about getting creative. I can work with any formation and am good with a balanced attack, I was a former wide receiver in San Fran, so I like to pass on my knowledge of catching technique.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 04:42:05 AM »
That's good to hear.  We're definitely looking to highlight the arm of our QB with skill position weapons and you sound like the man who can help us utilize those weapons.  So let's get down to the brass tax and talk money.  Our coach is signed for 2 years so I would like to make the same offer so the team and coaching staff grows together.  How does 2 years 2.5 Million sound?