Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 121121 times)

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #2700 on: April 25, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
At least it's clear where we need to focus their training. Thanks for the information. There's no rush on the full report but I look forward to seeing it. At this time, I'll probably take Smith from you for a few weeks to.cover an injury, but the rest will stay with the Footlongs.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 26, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

Excellent.  I'll get you the full blown report asap, but thanks for understanding the delay.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 27, 2018, 12:25:35 AM »
Of course. I know you have a lot of work on and the updates aren't as imortant as the actual progress the guys are making. I'll let you get back to it.
---
Tong An, as we haven't suffered the wrath of the league office, I'm going to assume that I got the DTR and player call-up right and move on towards locking in. I'll appreaciate a reminder in 6 weeks' time that Thompson is coming off the DTR so I don't forget to free a space for him, but I'll make a note of it myself as well.

Can you call Cuevas and Fredrickson up to see me, please?
---

Arthur, you've played great so far but we're going to make a tactical switch for this game. John, you're going to start in the 3-4 at MLB this week with a view to containing Tank Mixon. Arthur, you're still getting the call in our other formations that defend obvious passing situations but I want to shut down DC's ground game this week. Are you both cool with that?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: May 01, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
BOTH MEN ARE FINE WITH THE MOVE

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: May 01, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
Let's go and step on these Cobras and remind the league who owns this division.
---
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Normal
- Run/Pass Ratio: 65:35
- Depth Chart Changes: Fredrickson replaces Cuevas as starting LB in 3-4.
Held steps in for Thompson and Smith takes Held's previous spot as backup.
- Strategy Changes: None
Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: May 19, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
S10 WEEK 5

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We just ran out of time in that one. We finished the game strong and I think the Cobras know that they escaped with a win this week. I don't think we did very much wrong other than maybe forgetting to send the officials Christmas cards last year. We moved down the field well, took care of the ball and forced a turnover. I'd say we were the better team in pretty much every facet of the game but we were killed by those flags. 14 penalties for 120 yards vs. 2 penalties for 10 yards is the story of that game. The way the Cobras put pressure of the officials to throw a flag on pretty much every play was smart and even the fans got in on the act. Some of those calls seemed to be made based on an alternate-universe version of this game and it clearly affected our guys. Our players didn't know what was going to be called against them next and it caused us to play a little too cautiously. The Cobras made it impossible for the officials to call a fair game and that was just one part of their anti-football strategy in this game.

I'm don't think GM Dazz actually wants his team to try to score TDs and they only end up getting them because they run out of field to inch their way down. They stumbled into two TDs in the send quarter and then just smothered the game from there... with a lot of help from the penalties called against us. I don't think many people left that game thinking that the Cobras were the better team and they certainly didn't leave entertained by them. It's a pity that they were denied the joy of seeing Crawford sprinting down the field with McIntyre on the other side due to some rough play that wasn't flagged. Anyone who buys tickets for the rematch in New Jersey will see that and plenty more in a stadium that welcomes exciting football.

Before I move on to the next question, I'd like to show off these muddy cleats that Sasser handed to me at the end of the game. They will be displayed prominently in my guest bathroom until it's time to bring them out again for the photoshoot when he signs for us in free agency.

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

Next up, we have Tombstone. The toughest thing to prepare for is going to be their 17 game losing streak. A record like that is dangerous because it can trick you into thinking that you can win the game just by showing up. Tombstone are not a terrible team and they have been scoring points in some games this season. You can't sleep on Harrell and DGB and just expect to walk away with the W. We have to play them as tough as we'd play anyone else and work harder than them on every single play. I'm confident that we will and that we match up well against them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: May 20, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

Four personal fouls and some emotional play really cost us this week.. Our guys hate DC, but clearly we lost our composure out there.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: May 20, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
I set that tone in the press conference last week, so I'll take responsibility for this loss. Despite the fact that we are 2-3, we've shown that we can hang with the best teams in the division. A tweak here or there and we'll turn these close losses into wins. The next phase of the season is vital, though. We need to win most of these non-division games to take advantage of our gentle schedule and put ourselves in a strong position when we start playing the NE again. Any concerns about Tombstone?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »

None.  I'll be very upset with our team if we don't utterly destroy them and send a message.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: May 28, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »
As will I. With Crawford down, I assume we're going with Griswold, Farrow and McIntyre as our top 3 WRs. Farrow just doesn't seem to be able to shake off that injury of his and we've yet to see much from him, particularly considering his numbers from last season. Do you want to stick with him or hold him out for a week to get his body to 100%? We could use Breaux in the slot and move McIntyre to no.2.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »

There is still a 75% chance that Crawford is good to go at game time, but if he can't go, I'd let Farrow stay in the game, I know he's dying to break out and put up some numbers.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: May 30, 2018, 09:42:18 PM »
I'm just concerned that Farrow has been on the injury report since game one, but if he feels and is so eager to make an impact then I won't stand in his way. I'll leave the decision to you and Doc Wurd. The next few weeks are vital for us as we have an easier schedule, on paper, than St.Paul, Michigan and Miami. I want to open a gap to those teams competing with us for a playoff spot before the tough division games return. Do the guys have a sense of the importance of this stage of the season, or do I need to spell it out to them? I want them fired up, but also more professional than they were this past week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: June 02, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »

We have a locker room that knows what needs to be done.  Discipline is already being worked on as we speak, but they definitely are fired up to go and take advantage of the schedule we have.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'll let you get back to the preparations for Tombstone. Can you send Coach Knight to.see me please?
---
Coach, we used Fredrickson to contain DC's ground game and they ran all over us. I know that one man can't cover all of the gaps, but I was hoping to see more from him. My instinct is to give him a run of games to see if he can give us what we need. Is it worth doing that or should we just switch back to Cuevas?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: June 04, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »

I'd like to give him a little more time before pulling the plug.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: June 04, 2018, 09:00:26 PM »
That's what we'll do, then. I sometimes get the feeling I'm putting too much effort into him, but I can't shake the idea that there's a great player locked in there and we just need to find the key to set him loose. Let's hope he shows us a bit more of that this week.
---

Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 08, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
S10 WEEK 6

We ran the ball very well this week, forced and safety, played clean and scored enough points to win. Those are the things that went right and pretty much everything else went wrong. Far too many dropped passes, an uncharacteristic mistake from Lynn and not enough impact from our LBs are symptoms of a lack of focus. We've just come through a tough period of division games and I think that the team took this week for win and used the game as a chance to take a breath. That's on me as I clearly didn't get them focused enough on this last gameweek. It's a good job they shook themselves out of that by the end of the game and that Storm-Force carried the rest of the team on their shoulders, but we can't play so half-heartedly against anyone else in this league. We got the win, which is the most important thing, but we have to challenge ourselves to keep a consistently high level of performance no matter who we're playing.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Tulsa's road trip for a home game was a real head scratcher. GM Franchise was clearly confused in his press conference last week, but I don't know how they went from preparing for Alabama to taking selfies in DC. The fact that they played so well against DC suggests that they probably would have won that game with less disruption, which would have done us a big favour.

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

We've had a bit of a revolving door of GMs recently and Music City have suffered more from it than most, so I hope that the new guys stick around. I watched their press conferences and I was impressed with what they said. The new guys seem to have their heads screwed on and that's good for the league. My advice would be: never accept GM Metro's first offer.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

We'll be looking at position groups as we're still trying to build a roster that will get the most out of our new offensive and defensive schemes.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

With the draft class being announced, most GMs will have at least one eye on the future of their franchises so this could be a good chance to make some trades. I'm mostly happy with the squad I've got, but there are a couple of players I would really like to have wearing a Dragons helmet for our next game and I am going to try to make that happen. As for our players, we'll give them a few days off and then something of a mini camp this week before we start preparing for Portland next week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: June 11, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »

It is amazing we were able to win this game with such a terrible passing game.  Woods and Force deserve a lot of love this week for carrying us to the finish line.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:51 PM »
We won't beat any other team like that, but it was a shock to see because we've been putting up good numbers through the air even with all the drops. As you know, I tried to get a WR earlier in the season but I thought the price they were asking was too high. Do you want me to get the negotiations going again or are you happy with the talent we've got? I might have to give up one of our speedsters to get the guy I was after.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 12, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »

I'll leave that up to you. I can work with who we have, but if we can give Lynn a better option we would possibly get a better feel for him and if he's a guy we need to commit longer term to. You know?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 12, 2018, 07:57:02 PM »
That is a good point that I had overlooked. I'll see what I can do. As I said at the press conference, I want to give the lads a few days off, let's say 3, and then run a mini camp this week. I'd like you to focus on skills and physical attributes this week, and film study for guys who need it, and then switch back to normal game prep next week. Sound good to you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 13, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »

I like the sound of that. I'll make it happen.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: June 14, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
I hope it helps some of the guys unlock a bit more of their potential. I'll let you get it all arranged. Can you ask Coach Knight to see me, please?
---
Coach Knight, a break in the season seems like the natural place to take stock of things so I'd like to hear how you rate our defence so far.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: June 14, 2018, 12:18:19 PM »

I want to reduce our points allowed down below 20, I've not been happy with a lot of our outcomes, even the wins.  Wins are great, but I want this defense to be feared again.  I'm working on it, but I'm still trying to pin point what needs tweaking.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: June 14, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
I've been concerned that we've given up more than 20 points against everyone so far, regardless of where they sit on the food chain. Would tweaking the blitz ratio make much difference? Another thought I've had is to move Obaje down to the line. He's playing well at OLB but not dominating like he did last season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

I think trying Obaje back on the line may be a good idea.  If he struggles we can move him back.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: June 14, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »
We'll give it a go. I think he'll likely replace Muhammad on the line and Fredrickson moves to OLB, but I'll dive more into the numbers before our next game. I've asked Coach Stark to prepare a training schedule to focus on skills and attributes for this week and I'd like you to do the same with the defence. I'll let you get to it. Send Coach Mackey to see me, please.
---
Coach, I got you a new weapon. I didn't like trading away McIntyre because he's one of the guys from the UK I'm most proud of, but I think Crawford is a slightly more polished version of him and DGB is DGB. The question now is, how do we arrange all this different talent and get them all on the field?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: June 18, 2018, 09:30:53 PM »

Love the move, Love adding a big possession receiver with skills, that's what we're lacking without Eugene McReynolds.  I say we go with a permanent line up of DGB and Crawford, with Gris coming in on the slot.   ...hear me out.

Gris has the numbers because he's a starter, but Crawford has just as many deep catches, only a couple less TDs as well.. He isn't as sure handed, but I think the big play is worth the risk.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: June 18, 2018, 10:30:25 PM »
I see where you're coming from, but how do you think Griswold would react to that?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: June 20, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »

Doubt he'd be thrilled, but that's the business.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: June 21, 2018, 04:20:47 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we play with 3 WRs most of the time anyway don't we?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 22, 2018, 05:00:25 PM »

COACH MACKEY PULLS OUT HIS PHONE AND BEGINS RECORDING AND UPLOADING THE VIDEO AS A LIVE STREAM ON WORLD STAR WHILE GM LUCAS IS BEAT DOWN BY A RAGE-FILLED MAXIMUS CROWE

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: June 22, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
That's not something you see everyday. I'll let you enjoy the show and wander around the showcase.
---
Tong An, I think I'm done here at the showcase so I'll be in the hospitality area while the coaches finish up and then we'll get the jet back to New Jersey. Can you line up a meeting with Michael Griswold when I get back, please?
---
Michael, with Green-Beckham coming in we're going to shake things up a bit. We're going to try DGB and Crawford at the no. 1 & 2 positions and use you in the slot. DGB's size and profile will attract a lot of coverage, which should help Crawford find space to break out his big plays on the other side and you're far too talented for the guys you'll be up against in the slot. You'll likely lose a few plays per game, but not many with how we run the offence, and we think this set-up will give us a lot of mis-matches on the field. I won't blame you if you're upset but I believe, along with Coach Mackey, that these moves will benefit everyone through the rest of the season. Thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 24, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »

I get it.. I haven't been as good since my suspension.  I won't make a fuss.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 24, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
We haven't been the same team since then, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about that. You've been key to this team's offence the last few years and that's not changing. We're just shuffling the pack to get better results. I'm still a fim believer in your talent and a big fan of what you do on the field and in the locker room. Take this as an opportunity to show everyone a side to your game that they haven't seen before. I know you're going to be successful and help us exceed our goals this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 24, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »

Thanks boss, I appreciate the faith you put in me.

GRISWOLD IS MOTIVATED BY YOUR HANDLING OF THE SITUATION

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 24, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »
Make the most of the remainder of your mini-break because we're going to be working everyone hard once you're all back.
---
Tong An, I'd like to see Dorial Green-Beckham.
---
Mr. Green-Beckham, welcome to New Jersey. We're excited to have you on the team. I was very impressed with how you conducted yourself on a broken team and I'm looking forward to seeing you play for us. I know you've been traded around a bit already in your career, but I'm expecting this will be your last move for quite some time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 24, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

Man, you gonna get my best. I know I've done some dumb shit in my past, but I want to win, and I want to stick with a winning club, I'm ready to prove I belong in this Dragon's uniform for life.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 24, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »
You keep playing to your best and I don't see any reason for you to have to wear another uniform after this one. I'll let you get settled.
---
Tong An, now that the guys are back for our mini-camp, I'd like to have a word with a couple more. Can you ask Obaje and Shrader to see me, please?
---
Lads, how are you feeling about your roles in the team so far this season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 25, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »

I definitely feel more productive at defensive end in the 4-3, but I am trying to adapt.

I'm liking playing outside linebacker, I think I've produced almost as much as all of last year, in just 6 games so far.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 25, 2018, 06:29:27 PM »
That's exactly what I've been thinking about both of you. 2Face, I'm going to move you onto the line in Muhammad's spot to see if you get better results there. Joaquin, keep doing what you're doing.
---
Tong An, send Ali Muhammad to see me please.
---
Ali, 2Face is going to play in your spot on the line from this week. He's one of our most explosive players but his current role doesn't suit him. You've been playing as well as anyone else, but you are the smallest DT on the team, so the most logical to take out for 2Face. I know this sucks for you but I think we need to try this out while we're playing outside our division. Of course, you can win a starting spot back if you make a strong case for yourself in training and when you do get on the field.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 25, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »

So despite my superior play to this punk, I am the one getting benched?  This is ridiculous!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 25, 2018, 11:00:59 PM »
2Face is a DE playing LB and his performances are pretty similar to yours. His performances on the line last season suggest that he will produce much more in your spot. If that's not the case, you'll be back in. There are reactions to this that will impress the hell out of me and ones that won't. I look after the players whose attitudes impress me.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 26, 2018, 12:29:12 AM »
Look, I understand that you're upset and I understand why. You are having a good season and don't deserve to be dropped to the bench, but we're giving up more than 20 points per game so we need to change something and this is what I've decided to change. Give me a couple of weeks of patience. If this change doesn't improve our defence, then you'll go back into the lineup and I'll talk to your agent about making your contract match your importance to the team. If this change works and you're not getting the playing time you want, then I can talk to your agent about that as well, but just bare with me while we see the results of this move. Can you do that?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: June 26, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »

You're talkin' out your ass bruh!  Do you even know what you're talkin' about?!  Shit, forget it.  Do your thing, I'll get my check either way.  Hell with it!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: June 26, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
I didn't call you in here to debate this. I did it as a courtesy so you didn't get blindsided by the team sheet. You take it however you want, by my decision has been made. You can show everyone that I don't know what I'm talking about by proving me wrong on the training field and when your number gets called or you can cry about it at home to your cats. The choice is yours. Now, get back to work.
---
- Roster changes:
DGB is WR1, Crawford is WR2 and Griswold is WR3
Obaje takes Muhammad's spot on the d-line and Fredrickson moves to OLB. Cuevas is restored to MLB 2 in the 3-4.
Muhammad is first backup for all DT positions.

Previous in-season training canceled.
5 hours conditioning training for Ali Muhammad.
Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: June 29, 2018, 01:12:44 AM »
S10 WEEK 8

It wasn't our prettiest performance, but we got the job done. A few mixups on offence... WRs running into each other and overthrown passes to open receivers don't look good... but Green-Beckham needs some time to get comfortable with our offence and Lynn needs time to get used to the changes we've made. Having said that, we did gain 457 yards and Lynn completed 7/8 passes in the 4th quarter, so those are promising signs. The most disappointing thing was the way our drives mostly ran out of steam. We left ourselves with too much to do with poor kick returns, penalties and a poor 3rd down conversion rate. Small margins that change the result from a blowout to a tight victory. That will also get better with time.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I feel sorry for the fans in Atlanta. A passionate local owner has been forced out of the league by his GM's rank incompetence... the depths of which professional sports has rarely seen before. Mr. Crowe is a much bigger loss to the league than GM Lucas would have been.

I suppose I have to respond to Ali Muhammad crying to the press. I challenged him to show me that I was wrong to replace him in the starting roster and all he's done is shown I was right to do so. I'm of a mind to make an example of him to show that I won't allow players to force my hand, but  he's clearly not a good fit for the Dragons, so he will be made available for trade. He most definitely won't be released.

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

I've been floating a similar idea in GM meetings, so I'm glad to see the league office picked up on the idea. It's a great way to.help teams narrow down our scouting and look forward to going again next season.

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

Idle hands do the devil's work.

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

Possibly. The Footlongs have some great talent who could make an impact on any team, so we'll consider one or two to make the step up.

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

Atlanta are a mess, so concentration and execution are going to be key. It's easy to walk into a game like this thinking it's won before the first kick, so making sure we are 100% focused is top priority. I'm hoping to take GM Lucas' team to the woodshed as a goodbye gift to Mr. Crowe from the HIFL community.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: June 29, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
"What about Muhammad Ali didn't fit your defense?  He ranks 7th in the league in tackles for loss, is that not what you want from a Defensive lineman?"

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
He's having a great season, but there's more to a Dragon than stats. I have a full faith that Obaje will blast past Muhammad in that regard in short order, just as he did last season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: June 29, 2018, 11:53:04 AM »
"Do you feel that Obaje's failure to adapt at LB is responsible for his declined numbers, or is there something else causing an issue?"