Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 105959 times)

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #2700 on: April 25, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
At least it's clear where we need to focus their training. Thanks for the information. There's no rush on the full report but I look forward to seeing it. At this time, I'll probably take Smith from you for a few weeks to.cover an injury, but the rest will stay with the Footlongs.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 26, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

Excellent.  I'll get you the full blown report asap, but thanks for understanding the delay.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 27, 2018, 12:25:35 AM »
Of course. I know you have a lot of work on and the updates aren't as imortant as the actual progress the guys are making. I'll let you get back to it.
---
Tong An, as we haven't suffered the wrath of the league office, I'm going to assume that I got the DTR and player call-up right and move on towards locking in. I'll appreaciate a reminder in 6 weeks' time that Thompson is coming off the DTR so I don't forget to free a space for him, but I'll make a note of it myself as well.

Can you call Cuevas and Fredrickson up to see me, please?
---

Arthur, you've played great so far but we're going to make a tactical switch for this game. John, you're going to start in the 3-4 at MLB this week with a view to containing Tank Mixon. Arthur, you're still getting the call in our other formations that defend obvious passing situations but I want to shut down DC's ground game this week. Are you both cool with that?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: May 01, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
BOTH MEN ARE FINE WITH THE MOVE

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: May 01, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
Let's go and step on these Cobras and remind the league who owns this division.
---
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Normal
- Run/Pass Ratio: 65:35
- Depth Chart Changes: Fredrickson replaces Cuevas as starting LB in 3-4.
Held steps in for Thompson and Smith takes Held's previous spot as backup.
- Strategy Changes: None
Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: May 19, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
S10 WEEK 5

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We just ran out of time in that one. We finished the game strong and I think the Cobras know that they escaped with a win this week. I don't think we did very much wrong other than maybe forgetting to send the officials Christmas cards last year. We moved down the field well, took care of the ball and forced a turnover. I'd say we were the better team in pretty much every facet of the game but we were killed by those flags. 14 penalties for 120 yards vs. 2 penalties for 10 yards is the story of that game. The way the Cobras put pressure of the officials to throw a flag on pretty much every play was smart and even the fans got in on the act. Some of those calls seemed to be made based on an alternate-universe version of this game and it clearly affected our guys. Our players didn't know what was going to be called against them next and it caused us to play a little too cautiously. The Cobras made it impossible for the officials to call a fair game and that was just one part of their anti-football strategy in this game.

I'm don't think GM Dazz actually wants his team to try to score TDs and they only end up getting them because they run out of field to inch their way down. They stumbled into two TDs in the send quarter and then just smothered the game from there... with a lot of help from the penalties called against us. I don't think many people left that game thinking that the Cobras were the better team and they certainly didn't leave entertained by them. It's a pity that they were denied the joy of seeing Crawford sprinting down the field with McIntyre on the other side due to some rough play that wasn't flagged. Anyone who buys tickets for the rematch in New Jersey will see that and plenty more in a stadium that welcomes exciting football.

Before I move on to the next question, I'd like to show off these muddy cleats that Sasser handed to me at the end of the game. They will be displayed prominently in my guest bathroom until it's time to bring them out again for the photoshoot when he signs for us in free agency.

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

Next up, we have Tombstone. The toughest thing to prepare for is going to be their 17 game losing streak. A record like that is dangerous because it can trick you into thinking that you can win the game just by showing up. Tombstone are not a terrible team and they have been scoring points in some games this season. You can't sleep on Harrell and DGB and just expect to walk away with the W. We have to play them as tough as we'd play anyone else and work harder than them on every single play. I'm confident that we will and that we match up well against them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: May 20, 2018, 01:29:47 PM »

Four personal fouls and some emotional play really cost us this week.. Our guys hate DC, but clearly we lost our composure out there.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: May 20, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
I set that tone in the press conference last week, so I'll take responsibility for this loss. Despite the fact that we are 2-3, we've shown that we can hang with the best teams in the division. A tweak here or there and we'll turn these close losses into wins. The next phase of the season is vital, though. We need to win most of these non-division games to take advantage of our gentle schedule and put ourselves in a strong position when we start playing the NE again. Any concerns about Tombstone?