Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 118934 times)

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #2750 on: June 29, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »
That's exactly what I think and is the reason I've moved him to a more familiar position. He only started playing football a few years ago but I asked him to learn a new position. He did a good job at LB and his stats have beem pretty close to Shrader'd, but he was one of our most explosive players last season and I want him in a position where he can make the biggest impact.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: June 30, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »

I don't know that I would have publicly agreed that Obaje "failed" at linebacker..
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: June 30, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
Yeah, that wasn't exactly what I meant and kicked myself for it as soon as I was done. That's why I usually give those fuckers such a hard time. They'll get another dose of Chinese at the next press conference, I think. I'll apologize to him about it this week, because he certainly hasn't failed at all. 

I've got a lot to deal with this week on the defensive side of things, but before I get to that let's talk offence and special teams. I don't think we need changes on offence for Atlanta. Just leave things as they are and let the chemistry build. I don't really want to see DGB on returns, though. Let's have Crawford and Breax returning kicks and punts and Keefer backing them up. Unless there's a better option.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: July 01, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »

I think those are probably the best options if we don't want to put DGB at rirsk. 

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: July 01, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »
I think that's probably best. I'll let you prepare our guys to tear through Atlanta. Let's get a big win this week.
---
Tong An, can you ask 2Face Obaje to see me please?
---
2Face, I want to apologize about my press conference after our last game. The press asked me a leading question and I walked right into it. I absolutely don't think you failed at LB. How could I when you have put up such impressive numbers so far? To prove how much faith I have in you at LB, I'm of a mind to move you back there, if you're up for that, and I won't move you again unless you ask me to. I don't have another player who can do what you've been doing opposite Shrader and an (almost) full season out there will add another string to your bow. I know I've made a couple of mistakes this past week, but I'm not too proud to hold my hands up and admit it. What do you think?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: July 01, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »

I appreciate the clarification, but I don't care what those sods write about to try to bring me down.  I've dealt with more in my life then they can even imagine, a little bad press is not going to get my bollocks in a twist.  ..I'm more comfortable at DE, so I'd like to stay there.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: July 01, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »
I'll leave you where you are, then. I know that you'll give me great performances in either position but I want you playing where we can get the best out of you. I'll let you get to practice.
---
Tong An, I'd better speak to David Ames.
---
David, it's clear that the relationship between myself and Muhammad has deteriorated rather dramatically. For my part, I felt he was disrespectful about a teammate and he was certainly disrespectful to me. I'm sure he feels like I disrespected him, although that was never my intention. I'll agree to trade him, but he's developing into one of the best DTs in the league, so I won't just give him away. I'm truly sorry it's come to this.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: July 01, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »

Hey, He's a big boy.  He's clearly done here after the season. Between you and me though, I can keep him from being a total nightmare as long as you work to find a deal for him.  He'd rather play somewhere decent too, so we aren't demanding a move today, just before the deadline, and if it comes down to having no market, I can probably keep him quiet as best I can until the off-season. 

He's a hot head, he's got a nasty attitude, but he's my client and I have to respect his wishes but if you work with me I'll do my best to make him work with you, just don't say I never did anything for ya.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: July 01, 2018, 11:29:41 PM »
I appreciate it, David. I am trying to find something that works, but it'll take time to get a trade lined up that satisfies everyone. Thanks for talking to me.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to Dr Wurd.
---
Doc, I keep seeing Farrow listed as probable on the injury report. What's up with him?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: July 01, 2018, 11:37:08 PM »
DOC SHRUGS AND EXPLAINS THAT FARROW'S INJURY IS LIKELY JUST ONE THAT WILL NAG HIM FOR A LONG TIME

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:43 AM »
Thanks for the update.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to Matthew Murrell.
---
Matthew, it's likely that Ali Muhammad will be traded soon, so I am planning to bring in one of the development lads to replace him. Between Gossett and Hollenbeck, which do you think is better suited for a call-up? I know you like Gossett and his potential but Hollenbeck has got the size and you said he's shifty for a 290lb player.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 02, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

I think Gossett is more deserving, based on his work on the practice field and his attitude.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:59:38 AM by Talon »

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 02, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
My only concern is that he might not get much game time backing up the starters, which is what he'll be doing, so it might slow his progress.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 02, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »

If you already have a decision in your head, there is really no need in calling me in to ask. 

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 02, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
I don't have a decision. The question I was asking  badly apparently, was whether you think that training and playing with the main roster will benefit him or hold him back at this stage.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 02, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »

I'm not sure really, first year having a minor league, so its hard to compare.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 03, 2018, 10:35:45 PM »
Alright. I'll probably call up Gossett, but I'l wait for a Muhammad trade to go through before I decide for sure. Thanks for your time.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to Coach Mackey.
---
Coach, what do you think of Winston Held?  Thompson will be back from the DTR list in a couple of weeks, so I will have to move either Held or Smith to the Footlongs.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 04, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »

I like Held, but of our options, he's the one that probably should head down to the minors.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 05, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
If Oher's neck keeps him out of the game, do we move Kelly to his spot and play Held and Smith at guard, or do we start Caraballo somewhere along the line?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:36 AM »

i believe we'd be best suited to move Kelly to tackle and Held start at guard.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 06, 2018, 12:23:54 AM »
That makes sense. I'll make a note of it in the lock-in sheet for the week, but hopefully Oher is good to go. That's all for now.
---
Tong An, just adding the finishing touches to a trade before we lock in for the week. Shouldn't be much longer now.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 06, 2018, 12:31:40 AM »

Oh, Intriguing.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 08, 2018, 12:47:45 AM »
Can you ask Coach Knight to see me, please?
---
Coach, as I'm sure you've seen, I've made a few changes to your defence. My intention for Marino is to use him at OLB, and his numbers have matched quite closely with what Obaje was doing out there. I also plan to call up Barrett for Huntsberger so we have a bit better depth on the main roster. Richards was a bit of an impulse buy, but he's been playing great this season and I expect he'll be even better in his preferred position. Could we play Cantrell at FS to get both him and Richards on the field, or are we going to have the two of them fighting for one spot?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 08, 2018, 02:13:39 AM »

I like the moves, I think Cantrell can play over at FS.. Are we paying to assign Richards as SS again, or are we just going to play him there?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 08, 2018, 02:18:22 AM »
Is it necessary to do that this season? Obviously I'll talk to him to see if it's a big deal for him, but I don't want to spend the PR right now if it doesn't make a difference to how he trains and plays.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: July 08, 2018, 11:15:38 AM »

Probably not necessary since he is a veteran.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: July 08, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
I'll see how he feels about it and go from there, so it's not something you need to worry too much about. I'll let you get on with integrating our new players into your defence.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to Richard Marino and Michael Johnson when they arrive.
---
Lads, welcome to New Jersey. I know it can be a bit of a challenge to move teams and across the country in the middle of a season, but the team is here to support you and I know you guys will rise to it. Mr. Marino, you will slot in at OLB for us and your stats up until now suggest you'll do well there. Mr. Johnson, you're going to play SS for us, but I want to know if playing in that position is enough for you this season or if you need us to officially register you as a SS? I will be speaking with Bobby in a moment, but if he agrees a deal to keep you here after this season, we will certainly register your change of position with the league office for next season. Just to be clear, you will be playing SS for us this season, regardless of what the official team roster at the league office says.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: July 08, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »

MICHAEL JOHNSON LOOKS AT YOU IN SHEER BEWILDERMENT... HE IS CONFUSED BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION AS HIS BRAIN EXPLODES ON THE INSIDE.  HIS MOUTH FALLS OPEN LIKE A BRAIN DEAD ZOMBIE AS HE TRIES TO COMPUTE PLAYING STRONG SAFETY.

GM KIRK'S STRANGE COMMENTS SWIRL THROUGH THE ORGANIZATION

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: July 08, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »
WONDERS WHY JOHNSON LOOKS SO CONFUSED FOR A MOMENT BEFORE REALIZING THE HORRENDOUS MISTAKE HE JUST MADE.

In fact, you'll be playing DE, and maybe a little OLB, for Coney Island because you are Michael Johnson, the young and promising DE I traded for. I'm terribly sorry to have used my welcome speech to talk complete nonsense to you... I usually save that for the press. Again, I'm sorry for my confusion. Reading too many GM Lucas tweets apparently rots one's brain.

Mr. Marino, you will be playing this week against Atlanta, so I'll let you get to practice, where the coaches talk a lot more sense than I do. Mr. Johnson, I can say the same about the coaches in Coney Island and I look forward to hearing how you progress with the Footlongs. I'm sure we'll see you on the main roster, playing some version of DE, before too long. Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: July 08, 2018, 08:49:33 PM »

I'm ready to get to work boss, glad to be here...

uhhhhhhhhhhh .... yeah.....

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: July 08, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »
It's good to meet you both. I'll let you get on with your days.
---
Tong An, I think I'm going to leave the rest of the players alone this week. Send Thomas Richards a note from me to welcome him to the team and let him know I'll speak to him next week, once he's settled in a little. Also, send the following instructions to the coaches for me please.

- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Normal
- Run/Pass Ratio: 65:35
- Roster changes:
Crawford and Breaux return kicks and punts, with Keefer as back-up.
Marino takes Fredrickson's place on the roster and Barrett is LB4
Richards plays SS and Cantrell starts as FS
Gossett is DE3
If Oher isn't fit, play Kelly at Tackle

No extra in-season training

Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: July 13, 2018, 02:44:46 AM »
S10 WEEK 9

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

Even when you win a blowout like we just did, you can point to one or two things that could be improved. Overall we were great, but I'd like to see our passing be a little more effective, particularly early in games. As I keep saying, that is going to come with time as the extremely talented players on our roster get into a rhythm. If I list everything that went right, we'll be here all day. Obviously our ground game was on point, with almost everyone who ran the ball scoring a TD. It's been a key element of our game so far this season and the guys work their arses off to get those yards and wear down the oposition. Our pass defence stepped up big for us in this game as well. Mazza has an incredible arm and can take a game away from you, but we kept him in check and pounced on the few mistakes he made. I really could praise every aspect of the team after that performance and I'm proud of every one of the guys for that emphatic victory.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

I think we're really growing into this season and we're well positioned to challenge the teams above us in the rankings. We're still finding our feet in some respects, but we're also dominating in others and enjoying the rewards of our hard work. Storm-Force have obviously stood out as being particularly good this season and Leslie Keefer looks like he's never been away. As for bad, Fredrickson really struggled to find his place in our new defence and that's why we traded him.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

This time last season, we were one of the teams propping up the league, so I don't think many expected us to be only one loss behind the division leaders or to be the top scoring offence in the league. Our loftiest goal at the start of the season was to compete for a wildcard spot and I think we've positioned ourselves to potentially achieve more than that this year. As for job security, I feel comfortable in my seat at the moment.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

I think McCaffrey is the league-wide MVP so far. One shudders to think where St. Paul would be without his contributions this season. The most surprising under performer is GM Powers. The Monsters are a shadow of what they were last season and their problems rest squarely on GM Powers' poor planning and recruitment. I wonder who he will try to bribe and throw under the bus to get out of this mess of his own creation.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Cleveland. They've been without Smoak since the end of our game but still keep chugging along and getting those wins, against the toughest opposition. I'm not sure how many other teams could do that.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

I made our moves the last couple of weeks and don't have any plans to jump back into the market. If GM Dazz offers me Larry Stevens and pays his entire salary, I might reconsider.

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

I think my views on the outrageous amounts of salaries that get retained in trades are well documented. The luxury tax is a step in the right direction.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Sullivan knows more about beating us than anyone not named Sasser and the two headed dragon they have re-united in Charlotte are still as good as they ever were for us. We can't sleep on Charlotte as an expansion team because they are actually one of the most balanced and talented teams on our schedule. It's just a good thing they probably think the same about us.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: July 13, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »

GM Kirk, I am here for our midseason evaluation.  Lets look over your 5 pre-season goals, shall we?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: July 13, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
Of course, we can do that. We have already improved our record, so I'm now aiming for at least a winning season. We're currently in a good position for a wildcard spot and we have a favourable schedule compared to other teams we're competing with, which makes me confident of being there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We pushed Cleveland and DC close in our games against them already, but they are both very good teams. I think beating DC at home is more likely than beating Cleveland, but we are definitely competitive with both. As for fan support, I think bringing in DGB and the fact that we have the top scoring offence in the league are helping us reconnect with the fans during the season. We haven't got a lot of PR for fan events but if we keep winning, they will come.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: July 13, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »

I agree with you 100 percent.. You have continued to be a very wise and valuable member of this organization, for that you have my gratitude and confidence. 

Unless you have more to discuss with me, I am happy to let you get back to work.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: July 13, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »
I appreciate the kind words. With a tough game.coming this week, I think it's best I get straight to work.
---
Coach Stark, that performance is going to have me smiling all week. Fantastic win. Charlotte are a completely different proposition, though. Their offence is strong and motivated to make a point against us and their secondary is near the top of the mid-season stats list in a lot of places. I think that we continue to run the ball hard and try to get in Sullivan's face to force the kind of mistakes he's been making this season. Sound about right to you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: July 13, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

We are on the same page there.  We definitely want to start the 2nd half of the season off with a good statement against another strong team.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: July 13, 2018, 08:27:09 PM »
Taking down Charlotte makes a statement and helps us in the playoff hunt. With a game this important.coming up, I'm not going to distract everyone with mid-season reviews or anything like that. I'll just read the reports from Coney Island and the UK and let you get on with preparations. I do want a quick word with Coach Knight, so can you send him to see me, please?
---
Coach Knight, Charlotte have some great talent on offence, but it seems that Sullivan can be forced into mistakes. I want to see us add to his 6 interceptions and 6 fumbles. I think our defence is already quite aggressive, but are there any adjustments you'd like to make?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:39 PM »

I am happy with our set up as it is right now.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: July 14, 2018, 02:06:04 AM »
Alright, no changes this week.
---
Tong An, I'd like to see Mississippi Slinger.
---
Mississippi, how are you finding things this season and what's your take on John Lynn so far?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: July 14, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »

I love his decision making. He simply doesn't throw bad balls, that's why he doesnt have many interceptions. However, for as brilliant as his 13:1 TD/INT ratio is, he's only completing 54% of his passes right now.  How bad is that? 12th in the league, but this year completion percentages have really seen some tanking. Bloom and Sullivan are at 54.1/54.2% respectively, and Mariota and Ortega are both in the 50% range.  ..The one concern I have about Lynn really, is that he is so polished coming out of college that he may not have as high of a ceiling.  He already knows most of what we all try to teach and coach him, so it's hard to unlock new things when he has already been exposed to it in the past.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: July 14, 2018, 10:24:38 AM »
Thank you, that's really given me food for thought.
---
Tong An, send these instructions to the coaches, please.

- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Normal
- Run/Pass Ratio: 65:35

Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: July 20, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
S10 WEEK 10

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

Marino had a great game and is already showing why we were keen to bring him here. Unfortunately, everyone else on defence just floated around out there. No pass disruptions and only 2 tackles for loss is simply not good enough for a Dragons defence. It's the same sort of passive defence that had us in all sorts of trouble last season and is not something I ever want to see again. It's a problem other teams deal with by leaning on their offence, but we've been leaning on Storm-Force so much that I wouldn't be surprised if the guys have shrunk and inch or two. The passing game needs to find a way to click and they need to do it quickly before we get back into division games. Despite all that, we were one holding call away from tying the game up and I am pissed off that I have to point at lopsided officiating again. 0 penalties called in our favour but 10 called against us, one of which broke our backs after a great TD catch and run. That is bullshit.

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from the other team? 

Botts and Britt were surprise omissions from the West Coast team, so I picked them up. I'm not happy to see Hagan lining up against us, but the Western All-Stars just lost to Tulsa without him and I doubt he'll make enough of a difference for that same team to compete with the squad I put together. For those whining about my team, get 65 wins and then speak to me.

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

DGB and Steed getting added to the Eastern All-Star roster stood out to me. When McReynolds and Cotter picked up their handbags and ran from the fight, you worried about who would get the nod in their place but, then looking at the guys coming in, you wonder why they weren't the first choices. Whoever made those calls is a genius.

Another story I want to comment on is Spurgeon's play this week. It's become a boring cliche that ex-Dragons come back to haunt us. It's really pathetic that supposed professionals need something like that to play to their full potential and a good indicator of why I got rid of them in the first place. I don't include Neuman in that criticism because he was a warrior for us and is simply demonstrating that he has discovered the fountain of youth. He's knows that there is a spot here in NJ whenever he wants it.

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Another expansion team doing things nobody expected of them. We have got to start quicker and make more of our passes count. We can't keep coasting through the first half of games and expect to win it later. I don't want to wear teams down and win games late. I want to crush them from the very first whistle and keep our boots on their throats until the very end. I want to see our boot print still imprinted on them as they wobble through their next game, too.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 21, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »

The all-star roster announcements gave a nice boost to morale on an otherwise rough week.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 21, 2018, 05:36:27 PM »
All the lads I picked deserved it, so I'm looking forward to seeing them kick the West Coast's ass. Before that, we've got business to take care of. I'm thinking of adjusting our run/pass ratio to get the ball in Lynn's hands a bit more. I know that it seems counter-intuitive considering how much better we are running the ball than passing it, but my thought is that it should help Lynn get into a rhythm quicker. I don't usually like to pass more than 40% but maybe 45% for a few games could help?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 21, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

We can give it a try.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 21, 2018, 10:34:36 PM »
How would that approach match with going up against St.Louis? I haven't paid a lot of attention to them but a quick look at the standings suggests that I should have.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 22, 2018, 12:40:55 PM »

Barnhart isn't a great QB, they run the ball a lot, and they aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down... defensively they've got talent, they're a less developed Season 9 Alabama defense with Ricky Tarr running his system over there, so the front four is solid and versatile, their 4 game win streak has been because they're limiting teams in scoring.  They're better against the pass than against the run, which is good for us.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 22, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »
Perhaps we'll wait a week before giving John more of the ball, in that case. Can you ask Coach Knight to see me?
---
Coach, I want St. Louis to have to use Barhart to beat us. What can we adjust to clamp down on their ground game?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 24, 2018, 12:04:11 AM »
We could go overall defensive focus on the run with the d-line also focused on run support, or have our LBs focused on run support and d-line balanced/pass rush. I don't know how much we can mix these things up without just causing confusion.