Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 164578 times)

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #3250 on: November 10, 2019, 09:49:01 PM »
GM Eli left a winning organization because he didn't like his owner's expectations, so I have to question whether he can look past his own nose and into a mirror and understand this is a business. Coach Swope did his best, and when he was asked by me to be the Head Coach of the Dragons he did it because of his connection to this team. Again, Coach Benson Stark, my uncle before he retired asked for Coach Swope specifically. Swope wanted to be here, and if GM Eli actually knew Coach Swope, he'd know the man gave his all for that St. Paul organization just like he's giving his all for us. I really don't like Eli trying to use Jose Mackey--who deserves to be a Head Coach by the way--as a cudgel against me and my hiring process.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: November 10, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »

GM Eli can kiss my ass.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: November 10, 2019, 11:10:35 PM »
I don't much appreciate his comments. I know this game against Milwaukee was a tough one and both sides played stout on defense. I won't ask you for the details on that and I want to prep for this game against St. Paul. GM Eli badmouthing you and questioning your integrity? Yeah, it doesn't fly with me. We need to get pressure on whoever they'll have playing at that carousel of a QB position. They wanna get it to Ramos? We take him away. Willis? We take him away.

Hell, everything they do we take it away. So let's say we wanna do that. Let's say we put our defensive setting to an aggressive focus and let our guys make plays on the ball. What do you and I have to do to make GM Eli know that he doesn't disrespect you or this team ever again?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: November 10, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »

I think we'll have to twist some of our schemes and sets to try to confuse their moody quarterback and fluster them. I believe we can cause chaos and use that chaos to choke the life out of them.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: November 10, 2019, 11:46:40 PM »
That's what I want. So here are the master depth charts for this game I want to run against them. Obviously, I tried to alter them to try and get our guys in the best position possible to make plays:

4-3 DEFENSE
LDE- Daniel Gossett
RDE- Adam Stringer
LDT- Harry Steele
RDT- Clyde Scott
MLB- Jeremiah Cotter
SLB- Eros Jackson
WLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Steven Lord
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

3-4 DEFENSE
LDT- Clyde Scott
NT- Frank Combs
RDT- Daniel Gossett
LOLB- Marlon Handley
LILB- Anteros Jackson
RILB- Eros Jackson
ROLB- Adam Stringer
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Steven Lord
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Gene Jasper

NICKLE DEFENSE
LDE- Daniel Gossett
RDE- Adam Stringer
LDT- Clyde Scott
RDT- Harry Steele
MLB- Joseph Anderson
SLB- Eros Jackson
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Steven Lord
NB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

3-3-5 DEFENSE
LDT- Daniel Gossett
NT- Harry Steele
RDT- Adam Stringer
LLB- Eros Jackson
MLB- Jeremiah Cotter
RLB- Anteros Jackson
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Steven Lord
NB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Gene Jasper

DIME DEFENSE
LDE- Daniel Gossett
RDE- Adam Stringer
LDT- Harry Steele
RDT- Chad Crooks
MLB- Eros Jackson
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Steven Lord
NB1- Richard DeJesus
NB2- Charles Arnold
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

Now I want to run an aggressive play style against these guys. While at the same time, I want to get our linebackers into coverage while our D-Line does run support:

Attitude:  Aggressive
Focus: Balanced
Primary Coverage: Man
D-Line Focus: Run Support
Linebacker Focus: Coverage

So with what I have down, I want to know one thing: Are we strong enough to play man against them during those passing attempts? And can we crash those gaps when they feed the ball to McNasty with the fronts I've got drawn up?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: November 11, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

No problem. Just make sure to change things back when guys get healthy.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: November 11, 2019, 06:18:39 PM »
Will do Coach. I also sent some formations to Coach Evans not too long ago, so we've got that covered. I can't wait for this game. In fact, I wanna talk to the guys before this if that's OK with you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: November 11, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »

Absolutely.  Lets go.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: November 11, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »
STARK ENTERS THE LOCKER ROOM WITH COACH SWOPE.

Alright guys, listen up! Last week was a tough game, and I know losing to Milwaukee is gonna leave a bad taste in our mouth, but we're made of tougher stuff than that! We're gonna bounce back, and we're going to be getting the red carpet treatment by our good neighbors at St. Paul. You heard what they were sayin' right? GM Eli thinks he can badmouth Coach Swope! GM Eli wants to talk about abandoning teams...well...I'm sure Cleveland didn't send him farewell chocolates for jumping ship!

See we here in New Jersey, we triumph and fail together. We hold ourselves to a standard most guys couldn't even imagine. If I were GM Eli I'd take notes! That's what this team's all about, and that's why that's the difference between mice and men! GM Eli can keep his loser's mentality and sit at the bottom of our division! Us?! We're going to take our fate into our own hands! We're going to get back to a winning record, and it starts in St. Paul! I want you guys to walk on the red carpet that St. Paul is oh-so willing to roll out for us and track dirt on that son of a bitch!

We're tough, we're physical, and we're damn good at our jobs!! That Milwaukee game was what I like to call hard nose football, win or lose. We played every down like it was our last! Not many guys can say that! We don't give up an inch, and if GM Eli and his stable of musical chairs for quarterbacks wanna try and sling that ball, let's give them something to think about when we house a couple!! Let's show GM Eli what happens when he decides to talk crap about the guy who he wishes he could be at the end of the day! Week 6, we're going to win in the trenches! LET'S GO!!!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: November 11, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »
THE TEAM IS HYPED

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: November 11, 2019, 08:50:51 PM »
LET'S GO WIN THIS FUCKING THING!!!

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: November 19, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »
1. Talk about last weeks game. (typical what went right / wrong depending on a win or loss)

It was a tough one. We knew they would try and get to Duke as much as possible. We've been seeing a lot of corner and safety blitzes a lot this season. I think we're going to have to correct some of our protection against that down the road. But we looked into the teeth of that defense and we slung the ball around pretty well. We still need to find some consistency in our run game, because obviously we can't toss the ball in the air or else we become predictable. Our group of running-backs knows that, and they take it to heart. They have the entire season to come together and get on the right path.

But overall, we played a good game. I do want to take the time to wish Aaron Kitchen a speedy recovery. You never want to see a guy like him go down. He worked so hard to prove he was a HIFL caliber starter and him going down must be deflating to GM Eli and the St. Paul fans. It was a freak accident, and none of my players would ever go out and hurt someone like that. I don't like the "cheap shot" label given to Harry Steele, because it was an accident no one saw coming. So from us to the city of St. Paul, we hope Aaron Kitchen gets back on the field very soon.

2. What are your thoughts on this year's draft class as you head into the showcase to see many of them for the first time?

We got to go out and see'em. We won't be able to form an opinion until we get a look at these guys. Once we do that I can get back to you with a definitive answer.

3. What are you hoping to gain from this weeks Showcase?

I think we just want to evaluate players who could help us in some of our skill positions right away. We're by no means perfect, and our record shows that. We just need to take a good long look at what these young men have to offer and report what we see.

4. What did you schedule for your players during the bye week? Training or a week off?

We're getting banged up, so giving these guys the week off could help them heal. Marlon and Juan are essential to keeping Duke's jersey clean in that backfield. Having them rest and could mean we could get them back, and if there's a chance they can do that, letting them relax for the week won't hurt us.

5. Talk about anything else on your mind in reference to the league/sport as a whole.

The XFL might be in some trouble if players want into the HIFL Expansion draft. This shows there's a lack of communication between the players and owners. While it was pretty good publicity signing big names from our organization, you still need to take care of the players. You can throw giant numbers at these guys, but if you can't offer them security then at the end of the day you're writing blank checks. I think they need to consider a different approach if they want to get the Players-Union back at the table so to speak.

6. Discuss some of the hiring and firing around the league over the last two weeks, what surprised you most, and what did you see coming?

GM Bone had a tough go in Kansas City. It wasn't losing Marcus Mariota to the XFL, it's the start they had this season. I didn't think the Owner would fire him so quickly because he did craft a pretty good team last year. It's just a shame he won't be able to see how his draft picks and the players who he helped develop will pan out in KC. I just hope he can land back on his feet in a new position where he can get a fresh start.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 24, 2019, 08:29:51 PM »

Getting to play Atlanta out of the bye week is a good thing, build momentum before we get into more tough division games.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: November 25, 2019, 04:51:04 PM »
It definitely helps our guys nurse any injuries they had. Speaking of which, how are Juan and Marlon doing with their injuries? Also is Richard's finger still nagging him enough where he needs to sit for this Atlanta game too?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: November 25, 2019, 10:12:18 PM »

Juan looks like he'll be back this week, the other two are only getting a 25% chance to play.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: November 26, 2019, 12:26:21 PM »
Alright, we're going to give Larry McAllister the start next to Winston then. I also wanted to ask how you liked Roger Barrett's performance last game? It seemed like having him play in space really showcased his tackling a lot. Do you think he compliments Eros and Jeremiah well?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: November 26, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »

I definitely do.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: November 27, 2019, 12:21:58 AM »
We'll have him start alongside Eros and Jeremiah then. Everything else, we'll have Anteros move back to Strong Safety and we'll go back to our original set up on defense if that's ok with you Coach. Don't be afraid to use any of those sub-packages we've been cooking up together either. That goes for both the defense and offense. Let's kick off our first game back from the bye with a W, Coach Swope.

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: December 04, 2019, 12:18:50 AM »
1. Talk about last weeks game.

What can I say, they played gutsy during the final moments of the game. Um, one thing that I really did love is that our running game seemed to have started to click. Our guys were finding the holes well, and we're capitalizing on huge runs. That gives our receivers and our quarterback some breathing room when we can get the running game clicking. So, right now we're sitting at second place in our division and we hope we can keep building up some momentum coming into our next game.

2. Talk about the news this week, and ALSO talk about the expansion GM's getting to begin their interview process now.

What else can be said about Keenan Daley at this point? I personally see him as MVP material, I mean you look at the numbers, you look at his game against Seattle, he's having a helluva season. It makes you wonder how these new GM's to these expansion teams are going to deal with a guy like him. I heard they've started to interview, and honestly finding the right personnel can be tough; Hell, building a competent team can be tough. But I think they'll be up for the task and we'll have a group of new teams ready to shine and bring some more excitement into the league.

3. Talk about this weeks game and what needs to happen for you to come away with a win.

I mean, Cleveland being ravaged by injuries...you hate to see it. They've got a talented team, but those injuries keep piling up. Our job, however, is simple, that's to take advantage of that and move up in our division. That defense got to the QB fairly well, they've still got one Hell of a defensive front, and they're going to compete hard. We need to get the ball out quick, we need to use our running game and try and win the battle of inches, and also try and be on our P's and Q's on what the offense is doing. I know they're hurt, but when you back a wounded animal into a corner, it's fight or flight in that moment. So if we want to win, we need to be precautious and surgical in our approach to this game.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: December 04, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »

We've beat them before, we should be them again.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: December 04, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »
I have no doubt in my mind we can do that. GM Franchise is going to be trying his best to stop us on all fronts and we need to be prepared for that. So let me in your headspace a bit Coach Swope, I'm sure you've watched game film from the past two games against Milwaukee and now Music City. You see things way better than I do, so what pops out to you on film that you see on their defense?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: December 04, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »

They are loaded with talent on defense.  Cotter in the middle, Worthington at tackle as an all-around threat while Totten is effective vs the run... While McConnell can rush the passer, Lovejoy is not that big of a threat.  Meanwhile they have Deal and Alvarado also at linebacker and Fulcher too, they are deep at Backer.. Greenwood and Lightner are one of the toughest duos of CBs you'll face, and Coble in the slot is also tough, They are older at safety with Kopp and Hawkins but those two have a lot of experience and are very good at reading the play.. They have few weaknesses on defense. #3 vs the pass, 19th vs the run, 8th overall in yards allowed and 14th in points allowed. We have to capitalize one the drives we get into their territory.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: December 06, 2019, 12:25:43 AM »
Noted. Alright, so what we're going to do is try and create some mismatches if we can using some of the new formations we came up with. So I would up the percentage of those up a bit this week against them. On defense, I know Marlon is dealing with some back pains, so if he can't suit up we're going to have Clyde Scott replace him in our pass rushing scheme from the nickel.

Another thing I wanna do is start Roger Barrett alongside Eros and Jeremiah in some of our base formations like our 4-3, 3-4, etc. Let's also run with the same gameplan we ran against St. Paul defensively to try and get some momentum back on our side if we force some 3 and outs. The only tweak this week is that we're going to have the D-Line focus on getting to the QB:

Attitude:  Aggressive
Focus: Balanced
Primary Coverage: Man
D-Line Focus: Pass Rush
Linebacker Focus: Coverage

And that's about it. We've got a chance to get a win in our division so let's finish strong. I'd also very much like to serve GM Sycophant another steaming piece of humble pie this week. Good luck to you and the fellas Coach Swope.

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: Today at 12:01:26 AM »
1. Talk about last weeks game.

Yet again a game that came down to the wire, yet again, it was Mac Richard sealing the deal and winning it for us. One thing about this offense I've liked this season is that we haven't stopped competing until the final whistle. Other than getting it done in the air, we were also getting it done on the ground which has been such a big emphasis for us to execute on since the start of this season. I

'm glad we can have multiple facets on offense to get our opponents guessing. Also, I want to thank Jeremiah Cotter for stepping up big this game and having a great outing. When we signed him we had hoped he could make splash plays, and I think he's got a nose for the ball that I think the coaching staff on defense have tried their best to utilize. It was a thriller of a game, and I'm happy this team is sitting at second in the Northeast, we had high hopes this season and I feel like we're only scratching the surface of our potential.

2. Do you see your team being active at the trade deadline this week, would you be a buyer or a seller?

If there were any offers, I'd be a buyer. So far, my phone's been silent so take that however you'd like. *chuckles*

3. Talk about the news this week, what stood out to you?

I know how heated the rivalry between Orlando and Miami is. The Florida Cup is a big tradition in the HIFL from what I've gathered in my short time here. It comes down to a draw, it's surprised a lot of people. Can't wait until the next time they play though, it was one helluva game if you ask me.

4. Talk about this week, which position group needs to step up to help improve your odds of victory?

Um, honestly if it comes down to it, I think the defense is going to have to step up. Not like they haven't in big situations, it's just a matter of playing against a DC team who's also at 5-3 and trying to overtake us in the standings. I like our defense, I've got nothing but faith in them. I think this is going to be the game where they prove that they're ready for the big time and at the end of it we'll be sitting at 6-3.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: Today at 12:35:17 AM »

What would you like to see us improve most on the defense?

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: Today at 01:35:45 AM »
Our defense has some really good players, but it doesn't translate that way. We've only had 18 sacks this entire season and that's a little worrying. Daniel and Adam are great edge defenders, but it seems like we can't get any pressure on the QB. I feel like if we were able to get to the QB that could help our secondary in getting turnovers. There has to be a way for us to get some kind of pass rush that'll help our defense in key situations. That's just something I'm seeing, but what do you see if I don't mind asking?