Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 118774 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #1000 on: November 30, 2015, 12:14:27 PM »

Alright, we finished strong... Even giving the back ups more playing time.

Remember, the team will expect a speech in each round of the playoffs.  Once we make it to the conference championship game I will give one as well, we have a tough road considering our QB situation, but I believe our team-first attitude and our run game can get us the points we need, and we know our defense which is now #1 in points allowed, 4th in yardage and 3rd in pass defense, can stop Atlanta's hit or miss offense.

I am confident in what we bring to the table.

GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 30, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »
I don't see that we have too many options for how to approach the game other than to stick with what has worked for the past three weeks. Hopefully we'll get a little more production from our QBs now that they've had a few games to bed in. I'll just speak to the players as a group and stay out of your way. Let's head down to practice and get things rolling.
---
Guys, gather round. We've had a long, tough season. It was a lot harder than many of us expected or would have liked and there were some particularly low points along the way. The important thing is that none of you let your heads or performances drop. Every time we got knocked back, you each worked hard to put things right and carry your fair share of the load. It was a strong team effort to win the division and get us into a strong playoff spot, where we belong. The New Jersey Dragons have been a constant fixture in the playoffs since this league started. There aren't many teams who can say that. Last season we broke records and were inches away from triumph. This season we're going to do what no other Dragons team has done and we're going to win the Impact Bowl. I know you're as hungry for it as I am and I know that you have the fight and the talent to get us there.

At the mid point of the season, the team owner came to me and asked me to make sure that we finished the season as the best team in the East. Nobody who looks at the league standings is going to say that about us this season, but they are wrong. We are the best team because we play together, for each other and we overcome any obstacle put in our way. Now, we have to prove that and the only way to do that is to retain our crown as Eastern Conference Champions and get to the championship game. But first, we have to defeat these upstarts in Atlanta.

I don't know if you saw the Atlanta press conference after their final game, but their GM seems to think that he's already won the game. He thinks that beating us by 1 point in the regular season means that they've got our number and that they are going to brush us aside. Do you agree with that? I sure as hell don't. Atlanta are coming to our home to rob us of our destiny. We're not going to roll over and let them do it. When someone comes to steal a dragon's treasure, Dragons burn them to the ground.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 30, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Slow
- Depth chart or strategy changes: Defense to use a 4-3 base.
- 65:35 run:pass

Lock in

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 02, 2015, 11:35:23 PM »
CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS PRESS CONFERENCE

THE MEDIA WAITS FOR YOU TO GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE GAME AND YOUR NEXT OPPONENT.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:21 AM »
That game was a lot tighter than we would have liked, but pretty close to what we expected. Atlanta have been a serious contender this season and their defense is one of the toughest to play against in the league, as this game shows. We breached them once early on and then didn't get close after that, only managing to get into field-goal range one time in the second half. We knew it would be tough to put points on the board against that 4-4 scheme, so we made sure to hurt them while they were still getting used to the noise and pressure of a playoff game. Botts took full advantage of their early confusion with that pick and touchdown. GM Rebel has done a similar job to GM Jon last year. He's taken an unfancied team to the playoffs and made them tough to beat. If he can follow the same trajectory as DC, the East will be a real gauntlet next year.

Speaking of DC, what a game they just played. Missouri play to win the game but DC took them apart. GM Jon has really got them firing and Moorman's 2 TD performance shows that better than anything else. Now we head to DC to fight for the conference crown and a place in the Impact Bowl. Every game we have played against DC since I've been here has been close, but this is the first time that they have been the favourites. Can they deal with that expectation and the pressure that brings? We're going into this with revenge on our minds and a point to prove. My guys are so hungry for the glory we so narrowly missed out on last season that they would walk through a pit of snakes to get it...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: December 03, 2015, 02:22:51 AM »

..Well here we are, one game away from the Impact Bowl.  We know what to do, but it looks like we will be doing it without Carr once again.    

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 03, 2015, 03:03:44 AM »
Carr being back would have been great, but we'll just have to do it on defense again. Botts certainly looks up for it. Just make sure to stress that the defense's job is to stop the other team, so don't try to grab a highlight reel interception if batting it away is the percentage play. Stopping Sullivan has been our go-to strategy against DC, but their run game is better than last year and so is their o-line. I think we stick with the 4-3 but leave our blitzing where it is. As for offence, keep doing what we're doing and hope something clicks with Barrows. He kept us above water in mid-season, so I'm sure he can give us a shot at winning this.

As I'm not planing to make any changes, I'll just head down to the guys with you and give them a few words.
---
Lads, that's one down and two to go. Atlanta were tough but we rose to the challenge. DC are going to be tougher but we'll rise to that challenge as well. That's what we do and we do it as a team. You've got this far not just on the backs of one or two stars, but by the sheer will and determination and each and every one of you. GM Jon and DC are keen to call themselves the best team in the East, but to do that they have to get through us. For the first time against DC, we're going into the game as underdogs in the eyes of the rest of the league. They think that we're a wounded animal just waiting to be put down. We all know what a wounded animal does when it's backed into a corner. We're going to come out fighting. Each of you knows what is expected of you and what you need to do. We've been here before. We need to hit them hard, hit them clean and hit them early. Put them down before they even know where they are. DC are a balanced team who want to play fast paced football. Well, let's force them to do what we want and eat away at the clock when we have the ball. Let's make Sullivan feel rushed and force him to try and beat our coverage. You know that Jarvis and the guys will be waiting to pounce when he does. We need to score early like we did against Atlanta, then we force them to play to our gameplan.

We might be travelling to DC for this game, but the playoffs are our home. We've got one more team to demolish before a shot at redemption. Let's go to DC and torch those motherfuckers to the ground!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:57 AM »
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Slow
- Depth chart or strategy changes: Defense to use a 4-3 base.
- 65:35 run:pass

Lock in after Coach Stark says his piece.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 03, 2015, 11:17:15 AM »

Alright, gather 'round you youngsters.. way back before most of you were born, I was coaching teams to championships.  You know that, but I've never really told the story of our first title.

...You see, I coached my Chicago team to the playoffs and we came close to winning the championship, just like you did last year.  We lost, we got pummeled.   In fact, it would have been easy for us to quit and walk away and just collect our paychecks but we didn't.  We picked each other up, dusted ourselves off, and we played football even harder and more determined than ever.   ...One year later, we came into the Conference championship game against a team that had only lost once that season, they were juggernauts, but my boys remembered that feeling of defeat from the year before and we did the unthinkable...

WE WON.   ...We won the Impact Bowl that year, destroying our opponent, and men... I think we can do that again this year.

We have lost players, one of them is hoping to face us in the Impact Bowl for revenge, but we have to pick up our brothers, the ones who are still on this team, dust yourselves off... REMEMBER the pain of defeat, and swear to never feel it again. THAT is what winners do.   

...We are New Jersey.

We are DRAGONS...

WE

ARE

WINNERS!

Lets go do our job.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 03, 2015, 12:29:29 PM »
END OF SEASON PRESS CONFERENCE

THE MEDIA WAITS FOR YOU TO GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE GAME AND YOUR SEASON AS A WHOLE.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 03, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
Well...fuck.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 03, 2015, 08:22:26 PM »

A SHOCKED AND TAKEN BACK MEDIA LOOK ON AS YOUR LIVE COMMENTS IMMEDIATELY BECOME AN INTERNET SENSATION

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 03, 2015, 10:47:53 PM »
I don't know what else to say after an overtime loss to that freak of nature, Omer Sasser. It's a kick in the balls to get so close to the Impact Bowl and just fall short. Although Barrows did well to match up to Sullivan, I think we win that game with John Carr taking the snaps. The team played hard on both sides of the ball, as they have all season and they've shown that we're still one of the top teams in the league. It hurts to go out like this, but that's just yet more motivation for next season. The guys can hold their heads up and be proud of what they have achieved this season, despite the heartache at the end. A little more luck and you're talking to me after the championship game.

As for my assessment of the season, I didn't reach my objectives for the year, and there will be a conversation with the ownership about that, but the players have done everything you could ask of them. As for the future, they say the third time's the charm so I'm up for going again if the bosses still have faith. We have to refresh the line-up in a few places, but the New Jersey Dragons are still a great team and they will be fighting at the business end of the season again next season... of that I'm sure.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 04, 2015, 12:05:42 AM »

If you could go back and change one thing you did this year, what would it be?     

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 04, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »
I'd run the 4-3 defense against DC and Oakland early in the season. We've been more succesful out of that formation and those losses knocked us off our stride. DC weren't having a great time before that game, but beating us gave the belief and the platform to push them on to the success they've had since. If we'd won those games, I think we'd have had home field advantage and an Impact Bowl to prepare for.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 04, 2015, 10:41:38 AM »

Are you suggesting that your Defensive Coordinator's scheme is not ideal for this team?  Could there be a change in coordinators this off-season?     

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 04, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »
I'm suggesting that I didn't bring in the right players to be effective in his scheme this season. You saw our struggles against the run and that's because we were missing one or two key players for the Nickle. The guys we had suited the 4-3 this season. I won't be changing coordinator, but rather working closer with him to sign the guys he needs.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 05, 2015, 01:27:11 AM »

Which players did you think were poor fits for the defense, and would having Stephen Cotter fixed those problems?     

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 05, 2015, 03:31:40 AM »
There weren't any players who were poor fits for the defense, as our defensive record shows. If we want to run Coach Swope's preferred scheme, which we do, we'll have to look for players with specific attributes. I'm not going to tell the media and every other team in the league which players I'm going to be looking at in the draft or Free Agency, though. You'll just have to wait and see, like everyone else.

As for Cotter, he played great during his time here but we couldn't keep him after he failed a drug test. He made a mistake, which he will hopefully learn from, and we had to let him go. We traded for Carrol Lang and he stepped in and was fantastic for us. Cotter wouldn't have fixed the problems, though he is the kind of player who would be great in any scheme if he stays clean.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 05, 2015, 04:03:58 AM »

Well... fuck.    

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: December 05, 2015, 04:37:07 AM »
That's exactly what I thought. I still believe that we're better than DC and would have won that game with a fully fit squad. There's not much point dwelling on it now, though. We have to move on and make sure we're better next season. With that in mind, what's your assessment of the team after this season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 05, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

Our passing attack was really a complete 180 from a year ago. McReynolds was really a disappointment, I expected him to step up and carry the team and be in the top 5 in the league in receiving yards.  Instead we got his second worst season in yardage, and this was his worst season in TD catches... he only had ONE.

We are losing a ton of players to free agency, so this could be a critical off-season for us.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 05, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
Yeah, McReynolds really didn't click with Carr but he might suit Trevor Jose better. We do have a lot of guys out of contract, but a lot of them are old and could do with being replaced anyway. Are there any that you definitely want me to keep? Obviously, I'll try to re-sign Usher but there aren't too many others that we couldn't find younger replacements for.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 05, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »

I'll leave that up to you.    

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 05, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
Fair enough. Just one more question and I'll let you head off for your well earned break. How did the rookies come along this season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 05, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »

Ashley is really the only one I don't see as a player we can continue to groom and develop. I hate to cut a bunch of kids loose after just one year.    

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 06, 2015, 12:20:57 AM »
I'm disappointed to hear that about Ashley. I thought he had a lot going for him. I'm happy to show patience to young players, so I'm not going to cut them loose.

I'll get working on off-season prep and let you get to your holiday. Have a good one, Coach.
---
Lock in

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 06, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »

GM Kirk, while our season was not what we had expected, we still performed admirably... but Admirably does not win Impact Bowls.  While I supported your decision to move on from Michael May, clearly that move was a mistake now as we can both agree, yes?

There is no reward for failing to reach our objective, but your job security should not be in question, as you are clearly one of the smartest general managers in this league.  We need to improve our aging team, we need to insure not only immediate success, but long term prospects as well.

Our roster currently requires:

1 Running Back
2 Wide Receiver
2 Guard
1 Tackle
2 Center
1 Defensive Tackle
1 Defensive End
2 Linebacker
1 Strong Safety
1 Free Safety
1 Punter
4 Open Roster Spots (any position)

10 Practice Squad Roster Spots (optional)

Our 2016 Salary cap is set at 145MM by the league.
We have 44.25MM remaining with our current roster.
We have 13.25MM of our PR budget remaining for next season.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »
Thank you for your continued faith in me. I agree that the QB situation wasn't ideal and that May would have been useful. I also agree with your assessment of our needs this season. I wouldn't say we need to rebuild, but we definitely need to refresh some areas of the team. The long term success of the team is definitely at the front of my mind.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 06, 2015, 08:40:32 PM »

You and I think alike, and that is one reason I am happy to have you in charge of the decisions that protect my investments here...

You are a talented general manager, much more so than some of the... how do you say?... cunts?... around here?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 06, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »
I couldn't put it better myself. Unless you have anything else, I think I should get to work on some contracts. I'm very happy to be working here for you and I hope I can bring you a title this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »

I expect nothing less myself.

Good luck with the off-season.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 06, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
I'll get right to it.
---
Tong An, I need to speak to David Ames.
---
Mr. Ames, I need to speak to you about a few of your clients. Let's start with Lewis Thompson. He's a reliable player and one we want to keep here. $1.5 million for 3 years is my offer. Does that get it done?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 06, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »

Just barely, but it gets it done.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2015, 12:19:58 AM »
I'm glad to get the first one signed. I'd like to re-sign two of your other clients as well, if I can. James Stanfield and Jeremy Springer. I can offer them both two more years on their current deals, but I can't do much better than that. I'm going to be completely up-front with you about this. Both guys are talented players who have played well for us and they are the sort of guys I want in my squad because I know that they can step into the line-up at any time. I don't anticipate either of them starting many games next season, however. I do want them both on the roster because they give us great depth.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 07, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »

wait....Wait... wait.... You say Stanfield won't start?  The same James Stanfield who is a year removed from making the PRO BOWL.  ....Get the hell out of here with that noise.

Springer was going to sign, but now I think we'll just go our own separate ways here.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 07, 2015, 12:51:38 AM »
To be fair, David, I didn't say he wouldn't start. I said I don't anticipate him starting many games. And that was taking into account the two years of his extended contract. Guard is a very physically demanding position and James is going to be 31 next year. Of course any player on my roster has the chance to start if he shows he's better than the other players in his position, but I'm looking to build around younger players to secure the team's long term success. Obviously I'm disappointed you've decided to step away from these talks, but I'll make offers for them again during unrestricted free agency. Let them test the market and set a value from there.
---
Tong An, can you see if there is any interest in David Hatchett from the APL? While we wait for replies, I'd like to speak to Mike Maker.
---
Mike, I hear you're representing all of the guys from the Li-Ning training camp. You clearly have an eye for talent. I'd like to offer Oliver Smith, Harry Breaux and Rory Dover development squad contracts. 250k for a year for each of them. I'd like to offer Reuben Flins a full 2 year contract for $1million.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 07, 2015, 08:07:24 PM »

You know, we'll make all those deals right now.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 07, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »

Also sir, there was no interest in Hatchett... So Sorry.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 07, 2015, 08:21:07 PM »
Happy to hear it, Mike. I'm looking forward to working with them and it's always a pleasure to work with you. While I've got you here, could you send my thanks to Tommie Miligan for me. He was an important player for us and I hope he enjoys his retirement.
---
Tong An, that is disappointing. That is a situation that will require some thought. Right now, I have other priorities though. I need to speak to James T.Crain.
---
Mr. Crain, Bobby Blacksmith is raw but I appreciate him coming in late to help us out and I like his potential. I'd like to give him a 2 year deal to see what we can make of him. Would $1 million be enough to keep him as a Dragon?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:44 PM »

Absolutely!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 07, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »
Great. I think some stability and consistent coaching will really help him. While I have you, how about a 1 year deal for 500k for Bruce Forsythe? I like his work ethic and I think we can really develop him this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 07, 2015, 10:08:53 PM »

We'd be happy with 1.5MM

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 07, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »
That's a big jump in salary, but I'll take the shot on him and consider myself negotiated.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 07, 2015, 10:45:12 PM »

ZAP POW DAP, That's What I like... Chap!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 07, 2015, 11:06:45 PM »
An agent and a poet. A killer combination. Now on to Salcedo. I'd like to extend his current deal by two years.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 07, 2015, 11:10:13 PM »

...but he has no current deal, that is why he is a free agent.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:24 PM »
I meant 2 more years at $3 million. I'll be sure to be more precise with my language from this point.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 08, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

...deal.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 08, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »

GM Kirk, let me tell this to you straight and easy. 

My Client and I have one desire.  To go into free agency after each and every season, and while New Jersey is a strong team with an appealing defense, WE do not appreciate not having the chance to market ourselves on the market. 

I made it clear last year that we would ONLY go where WE wanted to go, and anyone to attempt to use the franchise tag on my client would suffer the consequences.

...So lets make this painless.   You either give us a 1 year contract for $20MM, with a no-trade clause and a guarentee that you will not use the franchise tag on us in the future, or you explain to your fan base why you gave up a 2nd and a veteran sack artist for nothing but a 4th round pick and a headline that reads "GM KIRK RUINS SEASON BEFORE IT STARTS"