Author Topic: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX  (Read 109772 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »

Team Information
City: St. Paul, Minnesota
Conference: East
Division: North
Team Owner: Barbara Snow
Team Secretary: Elsa Frozen

Official Colors:

Blue (#0069B1)
Black (#111111)

Team History:
Originally Owned by Viking Snow, the St. Paul Lynx came into the HIFL with a solid start finishing S1 as the #1 Seed after a 9-7 season and defeated the Bruins 36-34 in the first round but were then upset by #2 Seed Alabama 37-34... Lead by rookie of the year QB Giovanni Hill who passed for 3385 yards and 25 touchdowns and veteran pass catchers Steven Carlson and Marvin Wenzel who over the past 4 seasons have combined for 547 catches of which 72 have been touchdowns however, The Lynx continued to fight... In season 2 the Lynx went 8-8 and as the 4 seed but took a tough loss to the Bruins of Missouri 37-10.  In S3 the Lynx would finish the year as the #2 seed with their franchise best 12-4 record but in the post season they ran into a tough Orlando team that upset them at home 21-16.  In season 4 The Lynx would go 8-8 thanks in part to losing QB Gio Hill for the final 7 games of the season, the team would hold on enough to again hold the 4 seed, but with rookie QB James Blankenship at the helm, St. Paul would once again fail to advance, this time in a 28-7 loss to Alabama.

The Lynx have had the 5th ranked scoring offense the past two seasons, but this past season the team was ranked dead-last in Rushing yards per game, failing to even record 100 yards per contest (94.1) the lack of a running game truly hurt the team which also struggled defensively, allowing the 9th most points per game in the league at 24.7
On offense, outside of Gio Hill at QB, RB John Brogan was a S3 pro bowler, Tackle Walter Arreola is an S1 and S4 pro bowler, WR Steven Carlson has reached back to back pro bowls at age 30, and Marvin Wenzel is a 3 time pro bowler.
On Defense Linebacker Foster Fletcher is a 32 year old 2 time pro bowler,  DT Aaron Bogan has reached back to back pro bowls, FS Andrew Roderick an S3 2nd round draft pick made the pro bowl as a rookie and S3 1st round draft pick Eddie Cook is a high upside Strong Safety as well.

Earlier this month Viking Snow announced he would be retiring and passed the team ownership on to his daughter Barbara Snow.  Barbara, a former Miss America pageant girl who came in second in 2007 to Joan Smith worked in the office of her father's regimen and has a good rapport with the players.  Miss Snow wants to see her father's work rewarded, but understands that with any regime change their will be bumps in the road. While she does not want to be looked at as a failure in replacing her father as owner, she also can empathize with a newly appointed General Manager.

GM Evans resigned from his position after week 7 of the 2015 (season 6) season after a 2-4-1 start.

Season 1: 9-7
Season 2: 8-8
Season 3: 12-4
Season 4: 8-8
Season 5: 11-5 [GM Evans]
Season 6: 2-13-1 [GM Evans]
Season 7: 2-14 [GM Franchise]
Season 8: 10-6 [GM Gooch]
Season 9: 11-5 [GM Gooch]
Season 10: 12-4-0 [GM Gooch]

Playoff Appearances:
S1 (Conference Finals)
S2 (Conference Semis)
S3 (Conference Semis)
S4 (Conference Semis)
S5 (Conference Finals)
S8 (Conference Finals)
S9 (Conference Finals)
S10

RETIRED NUMBERS
None
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:42:29 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

Do you wanna win a title? C'mon lets win the game!  We need to get to the title game, and try to win, before our roster slips awayyyyyyy... Do you wanna win a title??

My God, would you let it go already?  Just let it go boss...

Sorry 'bout that.  Ms. Snow is just a little blue, we ain't been able to get to a title game yet, and we been a 1 seed, a 2 seed, and twice been the 4 seed in the East.  Makin' the playoffs every year, but never gettin' to the Impact Bowl has got our fans questioning us, so we need a GM to lead us further than second base... ya know?  You up for the ride?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:12:55 PM by Talon »

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:12:03 AM »
Evening ladies, my name is Rex Evans and I'd love to become your general manager. I think that you guys have a lot of available tools at your disposal already, you just need the right person to come in and use them to their advantage. I was the General Manager of the New York Skyscrapers' inaugural season, and while I did not live up to the insane expectations of Monique Harpo, I think that I made the moves necessary to build a successful team that had a shot at winning the championship.

You already have a championship contending team. All that you need is someone to come in, find the missing pieces, and complete the puzzle. I think that I am that man. In the off season before what would have been the NBL's third season I took over the helm of the fledgling Vancouver Chinooks, and I think that I created a team that could have contended for the title that season, but if not would have been ready within a couple of seasons.

Again, you already have the championship contending team built. I think that this is the perfect job for me, and that I am the perfect General Manager to step in and help not only bring your team to the Impact Bowl, but bring the trophy home to St. Paul. I hope that you would consider my application, I'd love to work with the both of you, and I'd love to bring your team the success it deserves.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Rex Evans
Former GM New York Skyscrapers (S2)
Former GM Vancouver Chinooks (S3)
GM Salem Zealots
CEO Unstoppable, Inc.
CEO BRUTAL Apparel

PS. I am required by law to inform you that I am a former convicted felon. I hope that you can look past this fact as I am now a changed man and a caring father.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »

Dear Mr. Evans,

We'd like to bring you into the headquarters for a visit.

~ Barbara Snow
St. Paul Lynx Owner

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
Hello Mrs. Snow, it's great to meet you. Got here as soon as I could.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »

Mr. Evans, a pleasure to meet you in person! Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
The pleasure is mine, and of course not ma'am.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:42 PM »

Great! First I'd like to ask you how you feel about having an owner who is very interested in personnel moves and decisions, especially during the off-season.  Would it bother you to have me checking in from time to time and letting you know who I'd prefer in free agency and during the draft?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »
As long as its a conversation rather than an order, I see no problem in that. I'd love to discuss with you what you want to see done, but I'd also love to be able to provide my own input in case I see something different. If that makes sense?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »

Of course! If I wanted to be the GM I'd just do it myself, I just want to make sure you don't mind me being involved, I love this sport and this team, I'm so used to working on the ground level that I need time to adjust to life as the owner, you know?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »
Oh for sure. I certainly would not mind seeing you around the office. I think that we can both help each other make our respective transitions easy, mine into a new sport and company, yours into a new position with the team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »

Excellent, that is awesome to hear!  Do you have any questions for me, before I continue down my list?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »
Just one so far. What sidelined Gio Hill, and is he back at full capacity?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »

Gio broke his throwing wrist on a sack, but has completely recovered, although the risk of re-injury is there.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
Understood. Thanks for letting me know. Did you have more questions for me?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »

Well, I really like what I've heard so far, what type of team would you be trying to build here?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
A championship team. *smirk* But in seriousness, I was a defensive end in high school. I'd like to build the defense around the 4-3 setup, with a strong line but depth everywhere else as well. Defense wins championships, but they can't do it without a solid offense. As for offense, I believe in a balanced approach. You can't have a solid running game without a decent pass game, and you can't have a solid passing game without a solid run game. I think Tight Ends are an underutilized position so I'd look to find a strong TE if we don't already have one, as well as other slot receivers to provide depth to the passing game. One star back would be fine in a balanced approach, but if possible I'd rather find the right person for each situation to build a solid core. A speedy starter, a power backup, a receiving back we can slot in when we need an extra pair of hands.

Basically, I want to build a team that has weapons everywhere. I know it sounds far-fetched, but I believe it is possible especially with the weapons already instilled on this team. And I believe a balanced team with weapons throughout is the best way to win a championship, and become Unstoppable. Hopefully I'm making sense here.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »

I understand completely!  You believe that instead of finding a superstar at one position, we can supplement the production with depth that each can thrive in their own situations!  Quality Depth trumps solid starters and weak back ups, right?!

Rex, I can call you Rex, right?

I think you and I are on the same page, let's talk about what it would take to make you the GM here in St. Paul! 

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
You can definitely call me Rex, and I would love to become the General Manager here in St. Paul. Unlike GM Metro, I've never been in a position to make demands and I'm not sure I want to be, so I'd rather hear what you had in mind first if that'd be okay?

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 788
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »

Hello ...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »

Excuse me one moment Rex...

BARBRA WALKS ACROSS THE ROOM AND APPROACHES J-MARV

...Can I help you? 

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 788
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
Actually, we can help you Ms. Snow. You see, there's one thing your franchise has that Mr. Metro is most enamored with and, whilst you didn't call him, he was hoping that you could possibly have a conversation about the job. Unfortunately, he's far too stubborn to come here but I do believe a phone call to him is in your best interest?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »

While I am flattered that you would come here on behalf of your boss, I believe we are happy with who we have interviewed so far, thank you for coming by though.

MISS SNOW SMILES AS SHE TURNS AROUND TO FACE GM EVANS ONCE AGAIN.

I'm sorry about that, where were we?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »
I believe with what I just saw, you told me everything I needed to know. I'll gladly take the General Manager position for the St. Paul Lynx, unless you had anything else to go over first?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »

Just a few minor things.  First, we are big on loyalty here, I don't want our players to live in fear that they may be traded for playing "too good."  I would appreciate it if you consulted with me before making "major" trades.

Secondly, I want to know your time frame, where do you see us this year, next year, and the year after?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »
You do not have to worry about that. I made those trades that I believe you are referencing because of the ridiculous pressure asserted on me by a sociopathic owner. I think that you and I will have a much better relationship.

When I sign someone to this team I'll be signing them because I want them on the team. Unless someone who is playing "too good" no longer wants to be a part of the team, I don't foresee a reason for me to trade them. I will definitely be speaking to you before making any big trades.

As for a time frame, I certainly see us bringing home that championship that you want so badly within the next three years. I don't want to get ahead of myself and say we'll definitely win it this year as I still have to familiarize myself with the team, but judging by what has happened the past four seasons and the weapons that I have learned about, I think that we will be at the very least a top contender for each of the next three seasons.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »

Rex, you've convinced me.  I would like to offer you a 3 season contract as GM of the St. Paul Lynx!

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
Great news. I can't wait to get started and bring one of those fancy championship banners to our trophy room. Would you be interested in sitting down and discussing the team with me further, or should I meet Miss Frozen?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »

No one knows the roster like I do, I'd be happy to continue discussing the team with you Rex!

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Perfect. For starters, what do you think happened with our running game last season? Does our offensive line need improvements, or are our running backs struggling to succeed?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »

I think it was a combination of our offensive line struggling and defenses keying on the run because we had to play so many games without Gio under center.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 05:41:08 PM »
That makes sense. Would you say that the offensive line needs improvement then?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »

Yes, definitely.  We have some suitable parts and our left tackle Walter Arreola is definitely a corner stone we are looking to as an anchor on the line, but outside of Walt our line didn't do a good job in pass protection which is why Gio was getting beat up so badly.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
Alright that's great to know, I'll definitely focus some time and attention there in the off season. Are there any other areas of the team that need extra attention? And do you think that we already have that Tight End I'm looking for?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »

We actually don't have a tight end under contract right now, Rex.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
Alright that's good to know. Anywhere else lacking?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:17 PM »

This is currently our roster breakdown count.

Position     Current         Minimum

QB 3 2
RB 4 3
FB 1 1
TE 0 2
WR 4 5
G 2 2
T 2 2
C 3 2
P 0 1
K 1 1
DT 2 2
DE 1 2
LB 3 4
CB 1 3
SS 2 2
FS 2 2

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
Ahh, that's great information. I'm assuming you'll be giving me a detailed rundown before the next leg of the off-season, so I have only one more question unless there is any other information you think I need, first?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »

Yeah, Elsa is working on our team breakdown and off season task order as we speak. What's on your mind?

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »
Just curious if there is anyone on the team that might have off-field or personality troubles. I've run into a situation like that in the past, and I'd like to rectify any potential issues as early as possible to avoid a similar outcome.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 12:45:54 PM »

Its football, everyone is volatile at some point, but as far as just overall potential attitude problems you might have, Blankenship has a little attitude to him, Robert Gallagher, Russell Sanford, Terrence Smith, William Campos,  Walter Arreola, Howard Broyles, Marvin Wenzel, Chris Frost, Jeff Hildebrand, and John Wynn all have the types of personalities that could give you trouble... but as long as morale is high, I doubt there is any problem.  This world is full of people with strange social dispositions.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »
Thank you for the heads up nonetheless. I'll make sure to introduce myself to them directly to get my own vibe. Thanks for your time, boss. I think that'll do it for now, let me know if you need anything else from me.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »

Same to you Rex!  I've got your office right across from mine, so my door is always open.

BARBARA SMILES AND SHAKES REX'S HAND BEFORE LEAVING

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 09:36:58 PM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:37:26 PM by Talon »

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »
GM EVANS WALKS ACROSS THE HALL, TAPPING ON BARBARA'S DOOR AND POKING HIS HEAD IN

Morning, ma'am. I know you want to be hands on with the team, so I just thought I'd stop by and see if you had any ideas for who you'd like me to try to get to fill the coaching positions?

*mod edit (fixed coding, the bold code goes on the inside Tritchie)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:07:01 PM by Talon »

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »

I appreciate you coming to me first Rex, I really do, but I am leaving coaching decisions up to you for now, it's just that I am more of a player's girl, you know?  I am connected to my team and I want to make sure we do right by them.  I trust you to find the right coaching staff.

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 12:18:25 PM »
Perfect, I just wanted to double check. I'll check back in with you once we're all hired up and ready to delve into Free Agency.

---

Elsa, could you get me on the phone with John McFadden?

---

John, I hear you're looking for a head coach position and I was just curious what you would bring to St. Paul?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 12:32:54 PM »

*PLEASE HOLD, THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO CALL IS ON ANOTHER LINE AT THIS TIME*

Tritch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:43 PM »
Scratch that, can you get me Benson Stark if he is free and hasn't been hired already? If you can't get through there, Tyson Holyfield please.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »

Tyson Holyfield here, You wang?