Author Topic: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX  (Read 111146 times)

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX
« Reply #2400 on: March 18, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »
That's what I figured. Looks like I still have work to do in that area. I still think we can go far with what we have. Just a matter of making it click.

Thanks for all you do, Coach. Glad to have you here.
------------------------------
Elsa, please call in the captains.
------------------------------
Gentlemen. Last week was an anomaly and will be treated as such. I don't think that we've even seen the best that this team can offer. We are an Impact Bowl caliber team and this week is our march to proving it.

This week is a big week, not because of who we are playing but because of what we are up against. This will be Milwaukee's first home game and the fans are going to be at a fever pitch. I DO NOT want the record book to say that the first victory of the Barons franchise was against this St. Paul Lynx football team...we need to be ready and bring a great intensity to this game. I want us to score early and often. I want us to stifle the offense that they take so much pride in. I want us to dominate them in every way...and I know we can.

Can I lean on you to work with the coaching staff to get the team revved up to dominate this week?
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 18, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

We always work with the coaching staff to get the team ready to go... are you saying we don't usually?
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 18, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
Nope, I am sorry that is how you took that. It's apparent that you men work well with our coaching staff. We've won over 20 games in two season and have had 3 great games to begin this season. It's going to be deafening in Milwaukee and I want us really hyped up. That's all. They are going to throw all they have at us this week. Their fans are going to be stirred into a frenzy for Top Gun Night. I want the Barons stifled and their fans silenced. I know you do a great job each week working with the staff and young players...I just wanted to impress how important this is in that I do not want them to think this is a rivalry. I want it to be an out and out domination. This isn't a rivalry. They aren't at our level. They won't get to our level. We are our own level. Let's take care of business!
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 18, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
THE GROUP UNDERSTANDS

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 18, 2018, 09:14:04 PM »
Let's pick up that win, gentlemen.
-----------------
Elsa, no changes this week.

LOCK IN

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We fought hard this week. The fans in Milwaukee were rabid out there. Top Gun Night was a great concept and it got the fan base and their team fired up. I have to humbly tip my hat to GM Strike Guy. He is building a very strong team and I look forward to great games between our teams in the future. What went wrong with this game is we weren't able to capitalize on points and we had more turnovers. What went right is that we held one of the most explosive offenses to a season low in overall yardage and held them to 65 yards rushing. Our defense played strong, but for a team to have victories everything has to run smoothly like a machine.

As some of you saw on Twitter, GM Strike Guy was true to his word. I was not allowed to be in the luxury box that is usually reserved for opposing GMs. This gave me an opportunity I am not normally able to take, I was able to walk the sidelines with my team. I want to admit that I was disappointed to see Steven Jackson injured early. He and Daniel Maxley were doing battle. I saw a young man who is large, physical and fast. There was a play close to our sideline and I was able to see the fire in his eyes. He wasn't trash talking. He was focused on the game of football. He's going to be a different breed of player and it's a shame we didn't get to see him and Maxley battle all game. Lavar Jackson is right, Steven is a very talented, focused young man. If you ever hear me bring up his name, it will have respect on it. In one quarter, I became a believer.

I have to admit my fault this week. If you have followed my GM career all the way back to S5 in Missouri to Last season, I never talked about the Impact Bowl. We always put a focus on the next game. The next play. The next block. The next pass. The focus was on doing your job to the best of your ability on the next play. I have taken what has been an effective way of focusing on the team and I've taken the focus off of the next game. From now on, our focus will be on the next week. Our 100% laser focus will be on picking apart our opponents for the next week.

2. How do you feel about the emergence of the Alliance of American Football and the XFL?

I feel it could be good because more players are able to get professional reps, but I feel like it could be a big problem when it comes to finances. With more teams there is more competition. All it takes is for both of these leagues to have an insanely high cap and great players will flood to the money. Competition is good, but the HIFL will have to find a way to best compete with new leagues to bring in the best talent.

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

The Baron's singing to us that we've lost that loving feeling. That's still ringing in my ears as we speak. The St. Paul Lynx have not lost that loving feeling, I guarantee you that. But I'm sure our Coaches, Captains and players will be able to use it for an extra bit of motivation. Our team is a great team who are piecing some things together. I would be cautious of

I'm also surprised how some fans in Rapid City are turning against Coach McCarthy so quickly. The man has brought them two rings in a row and after a sputter out the gate, much like many good teams this year, they are questioning his commitment. I believe it's a bit too early to talk Coach issues when we've only played 3 games. If your team is "sliding" support them, cheer for them louder when they are at home. Support them on social media. Encourage your team.

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

We play a very strong DC team this week. The key to victory will be for our offense to click and for our defense to keep Sasser out of field goal range. His golden boot beat us this time last year with a kick of over 60 yards. We get to play in front of our great home fans this week. I'm looking forward to us playing every play to the best of our ability. 100% of our focus goes on the Cobras this week. Let's win one in front of our home fans.

----------------------------------------------------------

Alright Coach, our focus goes to this week. We play DC at home. I'm thinking that putting a focus on our short passes might help get Carr out of whatever funk he's in. His strength has never been the long ball, so let's do what his strength is. How does DC's defense do against the pass? Is there a statistic for how they do against a short pass?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 23, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »

They are 22nd vs the pass, giving up 338 yards per game.  I think this is the perfect game to get Carr back into his comfort zone.  We definitely can focus on the short pass.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 23, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
I hope we can get him comfortable again in the pocket.

Outside of that, I can't think of any offensive changes to look at.

We have a test against Tank Mixon this week. How does our run defense look this year, statistically. How does our defense look against their offense, collectively?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 23, 2018, 08:57:47 PM »

Our defense has been dominant.  5th in points allowed, 5th in rushing allowed, 5th in passing allowed, and #1 in total yards allowed.  It's just the offense that is so troublesome.  23rd in points, last in total offense, 12th in rushing, and 22nd in passing.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 25, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
That's what I like!

Anything we can do about Byrd's fatigue or is it something he will have to ride out?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 25, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »

We could perhaps explore an elixir that would steal stamina from others to replenish his own, but that may fall under necromancy and performance enhancing drugs.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 25, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
Neither of those would be good for the PR budget. I guess we will just ride it out with him. I'm looking forward to hearing a report on our minor league affiliate. I hope we have some future contributors down there.

Thanks for all you do, Coach. Let's win this ball game.
------------
Elsa, we are ready to lock in.

As stated with Coach Swope we want to put a little more emphasis on the short passing game. Past that there are no changes.

LOCK IN

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 04, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »

We played a very good football game. We just couldn't put points on the board. DC is a well coached team and they have Omar Sasser. Two years in a row in the same game, his golden boot has been what has cost us a victory in the final moments. I am pleased that our offense moved the ball better, but we have to have points to win ball games. Our defense was just as stifling as ever and put on a great performance.

2. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most so far this season?

Milwaukee has. They are well ahead of where everyone intended for them to be. I have to tip my hat to GM Strike Guy.

3. With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and who on your team is most responsible for your current standing?

I do not feel it is a true reflection of this team by any means. The reason our team is stalling right now is the offense. John Carr and Jesus Dyer have to continue to step their games up. An offense thrives off of an efficient passing game and a kicking game that can be relied upon. For the majority of the season now we haven't been able to rely on the passing game or the kicking game. We have a receiving corps that is the envy of most teams in the HIFL. Are there drops? Sure, there are. But with so many incomplete passes, the blame can't go on the WRs even with a few drops. We have to get the ball to them. Dyer is on pace for his worst season and we aren't 5 weeks in. We need both of these guys to step up and help produce points. Our defense is doing their job and doing it well. Our biggest need is points.

I still believe in this team and I'm not going to give up on them. Last year we were in a similar situation and ended up just fine. I think this team has something special they can bring to the table and I'm excited to see how we do this week. We are going to take this season one game at a time. This week Michigan has our complete and undivided attention.

4. What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams' most improved?

Scoring points. We have to have points to win ball games. When it comes to most improved, I'm very pleased with Michael Damon's play. When we lost Greenwood, he stepped up in the depth chart and has proven to be a player who is hungry to improve and contribute to this team.

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

We play Michigan this week and we finally get to play at home. Three weeks in a row of road games are difficult on anyone. I'm glad we will be playing at home even if it is against Michigan. I believe we stack up well against Michigan and this can be a good home victory. The toughest thing for us to prepare for is getting to our true form. We've had hiccups over the past few weeks and I hope that getting to stay at home will help us get back into the rhythm that we can be in. I hope to see our defense continue to dominate and for our offense to put up points. This season sure isn't over and we have great chance to right our path this week against a strong Michigan football team.
----------------------------
I thought we had that one, Coach. Two years in a row of Sasser at the last minute. We played hard and our offense did better, we just need more points.

This week we take on Michigan, of course. Our offense has been anemic, but so has their defense. How does our offense match up to their defense?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »

Well clearly our defense has been stellar.  #2 in points allowed, #3 in yards, #11 vs the run and 5th vs the pass... Unfortunately we are struggling so badly offensively. 

Last in points per game (17), 23rd in yards per game (334), 11th in rushing (133) and 21st in passing (201)
Meanwhile Michigan's defense is: 21st in points allowed (30.5), last in yards (486), 13th vs the run (133.5), and last vs the pass (353).

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 12, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
This could be a very good matchup for us.

I liked what I saw with going short yardage with Carr this week. I think we should continue in that direction with him and let him build his confidence up.

I think Carr is going to pull out of the slump, AMC is producing, but I'm seeing a lot of issues when it comes down to our offensive line. Who do you think is the weakest link? What is our greatest strength and weakness? Collectively or individually is fine.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: April 12, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »

Well we have only allowed one sack all season, as far as being credited to the line..  But we have the 5th lowest pancake total as well.

Despite the numbers, Torres is only average in pass protection.  Wertz is strong in pass protection but average in run blocking.
Byrd continues to prove average to above average in both, but not great in either, plus is conditioning is a factor.. and Love is great in both factors of the game. Brigg's pass protection is average, and his run blocking is above average but he's not gotten stronger, which has lead to minimal returns..

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 13, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
The line doesn't look bad. I'm pleased to hear about the lack of sacks. A QB always struggles when he has to run for his life every play. It's still early in the season, hopefully everything can gel together.

We are really, really struggling with the long ball this year. Carr doesn't have a strong arm. Do you think we should cut back further on the longer throws and just focus on short passes. Almost like a West Coast offense, but not sacrificing our run game for it. Do you think Back and Kidwell could still flourish in that type of playcalling?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 15, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »

We can only "Focus on the short pass" we can't specify how much more we focus on the short pass.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 24, 2018, 11:19:32 AM »
I see. I still believe that John Carr is a top tier QB, we just have to put him in a position to succeed. Last year, about this time, we did something drastic and it paid big dividends. We made some big trades that really put us in a good position. I'm not looking to make trades right now, but I think changing up our offensive playbook could make a big change for us.

I want us to change over to a West Coast offense, but here is the difference. I want us to keep our run game up. This would put Carr in a position to succeed. His short passes are on point. We have some really good receivers and a running back with good hands. The emphasis would be on short passes, but we would be running more than the traditional West Coast Offense.

What do you think of this? If you think it's worth a shot, I'll iron everything out with Seaton.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 25, 2018, 04:18:10 PM »

It is your decision, but changing the offense entirely can easily blow up in our face if people struggle to adjust to the new playbook.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 25, 2018, 07:34:14 PM »
How do you feel about our team intelligence and work ethic? Do you think if we have players that have good football IQs and a work ethic that we could adjust accordingly? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but you've been a coach for a long time. Do you think this is a risk worth taking? I feel we need to change things up for the positive. I'd like to talk it out, what are the positives and negatives of the west coast?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 26, 2018, 08:50:03 PM »

You're bringing the idea of the West Cost to me, I should not have to tell you the pros and cons of it. This is for you to decide.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 27, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
I didn't word my question in a good way. Sorry, Coach. Do you think we have the personnel for it based off of their football IQ and work ethic?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 01, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

Perhaps?

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 08, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »
Let's put the brakes on that. I would like for you to let the team know that we need to execute our playbook effectively or we will have to make a change. You don't have to go into specifics. It's not a threat by any means, but we have to do something about our offense. This change may be needed unless we can get things to click.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 09, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »

I like that course of action.  Very well, I will handle it.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 09, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
Thank you, sir. Looking forward to a great week.
------------
Elsa, no changes.

We're still looking at those short passes like last week.

LOCK IN

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 22, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

What a game! I'm proud of our guys for playing hard! Our offense was smooth and our defense was stifling. I like that both of the players of the game were St. Paul players. I couldn't be happier with our effort and our result.

I love playing at home in front of our great fans. Big ups to Best Buy and ADIDAS for all of their support. It's great to have sponsors that are invested in our franchise's success.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

This week we play a double tough San Antonio team. Three weeks in a row they've had over 400 yards in offense and put up at least 30 points. I believe our defense will stifle that. They are also giving up over 20 points a game. I believe if our team plays like they did today, that we have a good chance of being the first team to knock of a strong San Antonio team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 28, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »

A great win, one we can celebrate later, because now we have to focus on one of the best teams in the league... we need this win.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 29, 2018, 10:31:14 AM »
We do need this win. They have a young quarterback and a good offense. How does our defense match up against their offense? I think we are firing there in a great way. We have a stifling defense. If we can shut that offense down, I will feel very good.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: May 30, 2018, 10:00:16 AM »

Here is how we compare:

San Antonio Offense -  32.6 PPG (4th), 447.2 YPG (2nd), 106.4 RYPG (18th), 340.8 PYPG (1)

Our Defense - 19.2 PAPG (3rd), 300.6 YAPG (2nd), 106.4 RYAPG (6th), 194.2 PYAPG (4th)

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 01, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »
I believe we can stifle them.

What is our contingency plan if Kyle Davis is unable to play because of his concussion. Is Benny Madrid ready for prime time or would we have to go with a faster line?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 02, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

Madrid is our next man up.  He will not add pass rush pressure to the defense, but he is a strong kid who should help clog the rushing lanes.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 04, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »
I'll take that if we need it.

Thanks for your time, Coach. I'll let you get to practice. I hope to see a resurgence of our ball hawks this week. I know San Antonio is running scared of Hagan, I hope they think they can air it out on us and that we can pick a few off as punishment for this faulty logic. Let's go show them what we've got.
--------------------------
Elsa, no changes this week.

LOCK IN

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 09, 2018, 09:33:46 PM »

What went right? Just about everything went right. We played to our potential against the hottest team in the HIFL. There's a great chance that San Antonio is going to represent the West in the Impact Bowl and we played them very strong. Our offense clicked. Our defense was stifling. Special teams was on point. Great effort out there in front of our home fans in the game of the week.

We have a great coaching staff and hungry players.. Best Buy gives us the cutting edge of technology and ADIDAS gives us the best sports apparel.  It's a recipe for success.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I believe Aaron Kitchen's tweet says it all. For GM Franchise's sake, I hope he makes that kid happy. Kitchen could be an elite level QB. I'm sure that Franchise has something up his sleeve to keep his star happy.

I'm interested in the hire of Oliver Luck. He's done a lot of great things pertaining to football in his life. He was a very talented player. He has established franchises. He ran a league. What's going to be his issue is tying all of those things together. Commissioner Wilkinson has turned it into an art form. I know the XFL is going to want to compete with the HIFL, but I have a feeling that our Commissioner's office is going to outsmart the competition and put the GM's of the HIFL in a position to continue to provide the best football in the world to the greatest fans in the world.

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?[/b]

It's good to see two new guys here. I know they are great minds or they wouldn't end up in the premier football league in the world. I'm looking forward to seeing what moves they make to put their own "stamp" on the team. If they win with what they have, it will be their predecessor that put that team together. My advice would be to make the franchise your own.

My advice would be to find your game plane and move players that do not fit in with that game plan. Get behind an idea and stand strong with it. Give it time to develop.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

I'm interested in skill sets. I have in mind what I'm looking for and want to find players that fit those perimeters.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

I want our players to get rest. We've had some guys get banged up pretty bad, so an extra week of rest will get them healthy. I also want to see us sharpening our mental skills so we are ready to head into the next few games with great intensity and precision.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: June 11, 2018, 01:23:58 PM »

A victory that we can smile about and enjoy on our bye-week, that is for certain.  However I feel that we may face them again, if all of our plans come to fruition.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 12, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »
It absolutely feels good. Winning the biggest regular season game a team can win. Game of the week, home game against one of the absolute best in the HIFL and we walk away with a resounding victory. That felt really good and I'm hoping it's a shot in the arm in the morale department. I'm glad to see our offense gelling. I hope we can continue to see growth in that department.

I was very pleased with the report we got about our minor league team. I believe we are going to have some positions in good shape in the future.

I'm excited about this week because it gives our guys a break and it allows us a chance to see what is out there for the upcoming draft.

What is the most positive thing you've seen about our team as a whole this season so far?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 12, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »

This last week, for sure.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
You are absolutely right. That was a game of beauty. I hope we see many more of those.

I'm going to talk to a few players and then we'll be back in touch. Thanks, Coach.
-----------------------
Elsa, please call in Adrian McCaffrey.
-----------------------
Adrian, great to talk with you. Thank you for all your contributions to our team. You were my very first pick here in St. Paul. We've had a few seasons together and we've seen a lot of success. I feel we are upgrading in different areas and that we are growing in a positive direction. But, I'm not a player. As one of our captains, do you like the direction that things are going?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 14, 2018, 03:02:08 PM »

Overall, yeah?  I'd rather be in first place in our division right now, but yeah I'd say we're still on the rise.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 14, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
Absolutely. I agree we are. I believe we are going to continue to get better and better.

I called you the Cornerstone for a reason. I feel like we will continue to be on the rise with you in our backfield. I feel like we are stronger having you as one of our captains. I want to keep you in St. Paul for the long term. I would like to offer you a contract so we can continue to grow together. Are you interested in talking contracts and helping pave the future of this franchise to new heights?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 14, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »

Lets do it.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 14, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
Okay, we have a few options. All of them are viable.

1) I'd like to offer you a 3 year deal worth $15.25mm with $2mm in PR. This would make you the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. This proves my desire to continue to build up our offense around you and to do so in the future.

2) I'd like to offer you a contract worth $12mm for 6 season with $1mm in PR. You would make more money long term with this deal and it would allow us to bring some more pieces in to go around you for the long haul.

You are the cornerstone of our franchise. I wanted to give you options to run with, or at least start this conversation.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 14, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »

Option 1 sounds like the deal for me!

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 14, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »
Then that is the deal we shall make! I'll send it into the league office!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: June 14, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »

Sweet!  I'm happy to be here for the foreseeable future!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: June 14, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »
THUNDER RUMBLES

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 14, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
Glad to have you with us, Adrian.
----------------
Elsa, please get me in touch with Mike Maker
---------------
Mike, I'm sorry I got ahead of myself and didn't talk to you about the deal I just cut with Adrian McCaffrey. I got overly excited. He's the Cornerstone. I just signed him to a deal for 3 years worth $15.25mm with $2mm in PR. I'd be glad to add some extra PR on that because of this accidental oversight that I promise will never happen again.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 14, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »

You sneaky son of a...

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: June 14, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
You have absolutely every right to be upset. We've had years of good business together and I bypassed you. You know that Adrian McCaffrey is a once in a lifetime player and I just was overcome with excitement and fired it in. I would never, and I mean never, do anything to upset you. I've enjoyed our years of working together and bringing great talent to the HIFL.

Would restructuring his deal help with this slight that I have made?