Author Topic: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX  (Read 280980 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX
« Reply #3550 on: May 02, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »

Definitely, hopefully we see effort improve over time.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: May 02, 2021, 09:10:12 PM »

"Alright. I’m gonna check in with Aaron and then I’d like to talk to the team before we get settled for the week. Unless you need to talk to me about anything else would you mind sending Kitch up to see me?”
S14 HIFL Executive of the Year

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: May 02, 2021, 09:16:52 PM »

If there was ever any doubt about my value... huh?

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: May 02, 2021, 09:20:06 PM »

“You know I’ve been in your corner since the day we brought you in here. But it’s good that the world gets even more proof about who you are and what sort of talent you are on the field.

How you feeling though?”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 02, 2021, 09:28:04 PM »

Feeling better, no more light sensitivity, which is good considering all the paparazzi.. I should be ready to go this week and put the smackdown on Milwaukee.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: May 03, 2021, 10:38:29 AM »

“I’m glad to hear that. You know how much the games against Milwaukee mean. Losing to them is unacceptable at any time. We need you out there. But more than that we need you driving these guys in the locker room to follow your example of hard work and competitiveness.”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 03, 2021, 04:08:54 PM »

I try to get up and motivate the room, but sometimes I think certain people feel like I'm just trying to boost my own ego, and I get it, I'm loud, brash, and in your face but that comes with the territory in this business.. To be a star QB you have to be larger than life, and if guys can't handle that, then they need to look in the mirror and decide if this is the game for them.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 04, 2021, 04:35:50 PM »

“I don't disagree at all. Especially with what you said at the end there. But this is the group we're riding with this year so we've got to do our utmost to be the best version of themselves. That image that some people have of you. That's an obstacle you've got to overcome as a leader and Aaron I've watched you overcome hurdle after hurdle these last two and a half years. I know you've got it in you to overcome this too.

Walk with me. I'm heading down to talk to the team. Why don't you rally them up for me and we'll chat as a squad before focusing our full attention on the Barons and locking in."

GM ELI STANDS AND GESTURES TOWARD THE DOOR. HE THEN MAKES HIS WAY DOWN TO THE PRACTICE FIELD TO TALK TO THE TEAM AS A WHOLE, GIVING HIS STARTING QUARTERBACK THE OPPORTUNITY TO GATHER EVERYONE TOGETHER.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: May 04, 2021, 05:43:51 PM »
AARON KITCHEN GATHERS THE TEAM, MANY ROLLING THEIR EYES AND HE COMMANDS THEM TO ASSEMBLE

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 04, 2021, 06:07:17 PM »

“Thanks, Aaron."

GM ELI NODS TO THE QUARTERBACK AND GIVES THE PLAYERS A FEW MOMENTS TO QUIET DOWN.

"You know... I've been a part of the North East division from the moment I started working in this league. From my very first day."

HE PAUSES FOR EFFECT, JUST LETTING THE WORDS HANG ON THE AIR.

"It hasn't always been here in St. Paul. But this brand of football... I live it and I love it. I love how no matter what the records say. No matter who is manning the front office. You know the games in this division are going to be gritty. They're going to be tough. They're going to be scrappy. I love that about this division because it shows the world just how much the players in these cities embody the blue collar mentality that many of their fans possess. That attitude that says nobody is going to out work us. We're going to put on our pants and grind. Day in and day out."

AGAIN, HE PAUSES FOR A HEART BEAT.

"Last week, we didn't live up to that. I know I don't need to say anything more about it. I don't need to break down film or show you guys the final score. You know that we didn't play at the level we're capable of. You know that we didn't play at the level that Coach Mackey, Coach Tomlin and Coach Svech expect of you. Now, I know that maybe some of you don't like the way Aaron tries to lead. I know that maybe some of you get rubbed the wrong way. But if you strip everything down to what fuels that attitude. What fuels that mentality. You'll see a guy who wants nothing more to win. And he wants to play alongside guys who want nothing more than to win. And guys who are going to give every ounce of effort they have to make that happen."

GM ELI SMILES, AND SHAKES HIS HEAD.

"Over the last two seasons this team has grown up. A lot of you guys were around for the 3-13 season that followed a 1-15 season. You know where we were. You know how hard we've worked to get here. And now, this season? We have expectations on us. And that man right there..."

GM ELI POINTS DIRECTLY TO AARON KITCHEN.

"You guys know is going to go out there and leave it all on the field to make sure we, as an organization, rise above those expectations. That we exceed them. You know that. You know that, regardless of the words that he might use, that when you walk out onto that field? He's leaving it all out there. For you guys as much as for himself. And he's not the only one. Max. Gerald. Jerry. Doyle. Patrick."

GM ELI POINTS TO EACH ONE OF THE OTHER CAPTAINS INDIVIDUALLY

"These are the guys whose example we need you to follow. These are the guys we need you to look to. We're going to leave the performance from a week ago behind. But now, we get the Barons. We get the team that people have looked at as the class of this division for the last few seasons. We get the chance to shed the little brother stigma that people attach to us. We get the chance to take this division firmly into our grasp and go forward into the rest of the year staking our claim and driving toward the impact bowl. Two and one is nice. But we've got to be better. You've got it in you to be better. And if you'll just..."

GM ELI HESITATES FOR A MOMENT... JUST A SINGLE HEARTBEAT.

"Believe in each other. Trust in each other. And fight FOR each other. There is NO ONE who can stop this team."

GM ELI SMILES AND SHRUGS.

"But now it's up to you. Now it's up to you to swallow your pride and fight.

And that's the beauty of football. At the end of the day... what I think. What I say. What I feel. It doesn't matter. Nobody is going to remember it. But what you do... that's what lasts."

ANOTHER BRIEF PAUSE FOLLOWS AND THEN GM ELI QUIETLY SPEAKS HIS FINAL WORDS.

"So what will be the memory left in the minds of all who are watching when this week is done?

What's it going to be, gentlemen?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 04, 2021, 10:04:54 PM »
THE TEAM LISTENS INTENTLY, THERE IS ALWAYS AN AWKWARD PAUSE WHEN YOU ASK AN ENTIRE GROUP A QUESTION, BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY LISTENING.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 04, 2021, 10:20:14 PM »

GM ELI WAITS, LETTING THE TEAM CONSIDER THE QUESTION THEMSELVES BEFORE ANSWERING IT FOR THEM.

"I want the Barons to leave here and I want them to remember this as the moment the division that had been theirs... it now belongs to us."

HE LETS THEM THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A LITTLE BIT AND THEN CONTINUES.

"But it depends on you. It depends on the effort that each of you gives, individually. It depends on your effort as a group collectively. So I want you all, right now, to look inwardly and ask yourselves if you've really been giving ALL that you have. And if you've not been.. then this is your chance to fully buy in. And if you can honestly look in the mirror and say you have been, then this is your chance to pick up the guy beside you and check him. Make sure he's giving all he's got. Full Effort. 100% of the time. All In. That's our motto for the rest of this season. All in from here on out. Every snap. For all sixty minutes. Every single week. Make your choice, gentlemen. Right here. Right now. Are you all in? Or are you out?"

GM ELI STEPS TOWARD THE GROUP AND EXTENDS HIS RIGHT FIST OUT IN FRONT OF HIM.

"Because I'm all in."

HE LOOKS TO AARON KITCHEN EXPECTANTLY.

"And I know Aaron is all in."

GM ELI TURNS HIS ATTENTION TO THE REST OF THE SQUAD.

"What about you?"

ITS A QUESTION DIRECTED AT THE GROUP, BUT ELI LOOKS BACK TO HIS QUARTERBACK AND GIVES HIM A NOD INDICATING THAT HE WANTS THE QUARTERBACK TO TAKE THE LEAD AND BREAK IT DOWN FOR THE SQUAD ONCE THE TEAM HAS COME TOGETHER.... HOPEFULLY....

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 04, 2021, 10:36:06 PM »
THE CONCUSSED QUARTERBACK THROWS A FIST IN THE AIR

Bring it in on me!  Lets go out there and be Awesome!   Out work them!  Out play them!  Lynx on three!

THE TEAM BREAKS IT DOWN ON THREE.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 04, 2021, 10:49:06 PM »
Week 4 vs. Milwaukee Barons
GAMEPLAN & STRATEGY CHANGES

WR Homer Nation to WR4
WR Robert Barraza to WR5

Remove the TD Package

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 06, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »

"Well... I feel much better now than a week ago. Go ahead with your questions. Let's chat."

Talk about your week (if you had a game or bye week, act appropriately)

"We met expectations but not without a bit of a cost in seeing Terry Poe go down. Thankfully we've got some good young depth at the position that was able to fill in nicely for him. And of course it always feels good to beat Milwaukee at home. But as far as I'm concerned this is business as usual for the foreseeable future here in St. Paul."

Talk about any news that caught your eye.

"Obviously the big news is the leak of the names who are seeking a trade. There's some intriguing names on the list and certainly if there was a good fit for our roster I would be willing to have a conversation about it. But I'm pretty happy with the make up of the squad. Yeah, we had a bad week against Rapid City but these guys answered back really positively.

Additionally, the news about the Players Association being willing to sit down with the commissioner to talk is good news. Regardless of how the conversation, if it happens, ends up going. It's good to see that there are open lines of communication there.

The news about the XFL, honestly, isn't entirely surprising. I'm not sure the two leagues are really comparable at this point. It would be like expecting a comparable turnout at a PBL minor league game and a rival league that was seeking to compete with the PBL majors. Maybe a more fan focused marketing plan, the way that minor league baseball seeks to really provide the fans an intimate experience, would help with the XFL squads."

After 1/4 of the season, where do you see a potential area your team could buy or sell from?

"We could always use more depth at every position. And I'd love it if we could find a burner at Wide Receiver. Someone who can just absolutely take the top off a defense. But, with that said, I'm not seeking out a trade. But, as I already said, I'm always willing to talk."

4. (if playing a game this week):  Talk about your game this week, what needs to change with your team this week as you head into the 2nd quarter of the season?

"We kick off the second quarter of the season with three games on the road. The first of which sees us take on the Alabama Nighthawks in their own stadium. Again. Just like a season ago. They aren't the same team they were a season ago. But obviously coming off another Impact Bowl victory, which I'm sure GM Pancho will be happy to tell you all about while showing you the rings, they're the standard bearers that we want to test ourselves against. They're a complete team who somehow even after losing Curt Robles, Burton Tibbetts, Timothy Cobbs, Noah Rose, and countless others over the course of recent seasons.... they might be even more of a complete team than they've ever been in the past.

It will take our best. Our absolute best. If we want to compete with this squad. Yet, if we want to achieve the respect we deserve then these are the sorts of games you've got to win. How's the old saying go? If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man. And right now the Nighthawks are the man to beat.

After the game is over I'm sure I'll have a chat with Coach Tibbetts and wish him the best as the season goes on. But hopefully that's after we've handed them their first loss of the season. If that's going to happen, we just need to maintain the sort of focus and effort we showed against Milwaukee. We've got the talent to hang. We just have to go out and perform now."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 06, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »

That's more like it, huh?  McNasty over 100, Max over 200... Things fell into place nicely out there.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 06, 2021, 01:43:18 PM »

"I liked a lot of things that I saw out there on both sides of the ball. SJax ate abut you're going to expect that out of probably a top 5 wide receiver in the league. Patrick made plays and the interception in the end zone was huge. But the fact that we shut the OTHER wide receivers down, eradicated their run game and controlled the time of possession. It was perfect. Exactly what we needed to bounce back and make sure confidence is high heading into this game against Alabama and our old friend Burton Tibbetts.

There was a time when wins against Milwaukee were something to celebrate. But I'll be honest, Coach. I like expecting to beat them even more than the feeling of shocking the world when it happens.

Sucks to see Terry go down, though. And I guess that's the first order of business as we start to prepare for Alabama. Do we shift our linebackers around some? I know that Aaron Harris is a bit more natural of a middle linebacker and as a young player I'd much rather see him playing in the position he's most comfortable in. But if we put him in at middle linebacker then we'd need to move Doyle to the outside. Does he have the skillset to make that switch if need be?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 07, 2021, 08:14:54 AM »

Doyle has played plenty of outside 'backer in his day, so I think it would work and help Harris make the smoothest transition into the line up.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 07, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »

"Awesome. I'll note those adjustments on the lock in once we get there. Other than that, given that we're four weeks in and this is typically where we assess and evaluate the performance and development of our guys, is there anyone who has stood out when it comes to taking strides forward in one aspect of their game or another?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 07, 2021, 02:41:22 PM »

Doyle and Hanson have both worked on their speed lately, while Hunt has improved his conditioning and Nation has worked on his strength.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: May 07, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »

"Glad to hear those guys are progressing along. I'm going to try and work out a few extensions. Otherwise I think we know what we're doing this week, we just need to go out and execute. Thanks for everything as always, Coach."

-----

"Elsa, would you get Kelvin Hart on the line for me? Thank you."

-----

"Kelvin, I don't think this phone call is going to shock you by any means but I'd like to get a longer term extension negotiated for Willis than just the rookie option. The franchise tag on a running back this past offseason was 13.5MM and I think Willis deserves to be paid above that so I'll start off with an offer of 5 years, 15M per season beginning in Season 15.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: May 11, 2021, 12:12:41 PM »

Throw in a little incentive booster for me and it's a deal.   I'd like to see a $3MM raise (bonus or salary, however you see fit) if and when Willis wins an MVP.  If he wins an OPOTY instead, make it a $1MM raise, if he wins both, the MVP figure is all we're looking at..   That make sense?  He wins 5 MVPs, he balloons his cash up to 30MM a season, but you also have a 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time MVP on your hands.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: May 11, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »

"If he wins 5 MVPs he’s deserving of 30 million a year. I’m completely on board with those incentives. Just want to reiterate that this will go into effect at the start of next season.”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: May 11, 2021, 03:17:05 PM »

Yeah man, that's right.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: May 11, 2021, 03:29:31 PM »

"Excellent. Thanks Kelvin. I’ll get that filed with the league office shortly.”

———

“Elsa, would you get Steve Rosenhaus on the line please? Thanks.”

———

“Hey Steve, it’s GM Eli with the Lynx. I wanted to touch base with you about Doyle’s contract. He’s been a consummate pro since coming in from San Antonio and I’d like to keep him here for another 3 years after this. Would you all be good with extending his contract as such?”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: May 11, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »

Are you saying just a 3 year extension of the deal we're on?

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 11, 2021, 04:32:24 PM »

"Yeah, that's where I was starting at."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 11, 2021, 07:00:13 PM »

Doyle is open to sticking around, but honestly without something juicy to make it worth signing today, there is really no reason to talk until we can test the market.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: May 11, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »

"Just out of curiosity what would ‘something juicy’ look like in terms of a contract offer for Doyle?”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:52 PM »

Like a thick porterhouse or tomahawk steak, c'mon baby.  Talk to me.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: May 11, 2021, 10:59:34 PM »

"I appreciate you looking out for Doyles best interests financially but what we've built here in St. Paul is more than just what money can offer. We've got one of the best defensive minds in the league leading this unit and gameplanning for it as well. As well as world class talents like Jerry Worthington, and young up and coming talent like David Lee and Patrick Surtain filling important positions too. Not to mention a great partner in the linebacking room in Douglas Freedman.

Not saying that Doyle doesn't deserve to be paid fairly, he does. I just hope both of you appreciate that what is on the table is more than just money.

That said, I'll put an offer on the table of 3 years at 12 million per season starting in Season 15."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: May 11, 2021, 11:26:11 PM »

Alright, let me chew on it and I'll let you know.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: May 11, 2021, 11:29:48 PM »

"Understood. Look forward to finalizing the details with you soon. Take care, Steve."

-----

"Elsa, would you ask Willis McNasty to stop by real quick. Thank you."

-----

"Willis, I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on the new contract and I'm looking forward to you continuing to be a staple of the Lynx organization for many years to come. With that said, we've got our focus in the immediate right now and dealing with an Alabama defense that just got that much better with the addition of Timothy Dekker. You know we're counting on you to do your thing and make Aaron's life a little bit easier in the passing game. How you feeling?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: May 12, 2021, 08:28:48 AM »

Chyeeeeeah!  Its good to secure the bag and be locked in for the long haul my dude..   Now I always get up for the big games, but Alabama hits different, you know?  They are the standard, and its time for us to show them we're re-settin' that bar this season.  THATS RIGHT!

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: May 12, 2021, 02:34:17 PM »

"That's what I like to hear. I know you're ready to step up. Especially with a guy like Pegasus across the field trying to prove that he's cream of the crop from your draft class. But we both know better, don't we? I'm excited. These are the kinds of games we've been waiting for. It's a chance to prove ourselves against the best. Lets not just set the bar. Lets be it.

Good luck out there this week, Willis."

-----

"Elsa, could you ask Coach Tomlin to stop by please."

-----

"Hey Coach, good to see you. Listen, we both know this is a big game for us and with Dekker being added to their roster I know you've got a lot to plan for. But I did have a question about some of the depth on our line and, in particular, at tackle. Do you think any of those guys, between Alberto, Chas and Merle, have the ability to move inside to guard or even center if the need arises and still hold their own? Or maybe even be better suited there?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: May 12, 2021, 11:05:36 PM »

Chas is probably best suited to kick inside and has a little experience, but I wouldn't want him to do it outside of emergency right now without some serious position training, but he's evenly capable at both guard and center.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 13, 2021, 01:50:46 PM »

"Fair enough. It ended up being a concern. We had a trade tentatively in place that would have likely required one of them to fill in in an emergency setting but we don't have to worry about that now. Thanks for at least giving me a little insight, though. Good luck against Alabama this week."

-----

Week 5 vs. Alabama Nighthawks
GAMEPLAN & STRATEGY CHANGES

LB Doyle Brady to LOLB1
LB Aaron Harris to MLB1

All other changes and adjustments are coaches decisions.

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 15, 2021, 10:43:58 PM »

Talk about your week (if you had a game or bye week, act appropriately)

"The world is going to take us serious now, aren't they? I loved the grit this team showed after going down two touchdowns early to not let it rattle them, and to fight back into the game. I love the fact that the defense locked down Jamie Ortega and an offense that is notorious for running up the score for the final three quarters of the game. I love everything about this win. We'll even take the penalties and the turnovers with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, it's the numbers on the scoreboard at the end of the game that matter most.

But if you just look at the impacts that players had at key positions and you'll see that Willis McNasty outperformed Pegasus Williams. You'll see that David Lee outplayed DeVonte Diaz. You'll even see that Aaron Kitchen outperformed Jamie Ortega.

But credit where it's due... Bruce Wilkinson is a monster of a football player. He's just special and deserves a tip of the cap in his direction for the impact he had and the troubles he gave us.

Was good to see Coach Tibbetts again and even better to leave him with a little bit of a sour taste in his mouth. Maybe we'll get the opportunity to do it again on a bigger stage when the playoffs roll around."

What is your take on the latest news surrounding the Warriors' Coliseum and "The Curse of Mushulatubbee?" (non-ATL teams, follow up with 2b)

"I think that if GM Wrong has employed the use of spiritual practitioners he should not be ashamed of it. I don't know if there's a curse or not. But if he's being respectful of the Indigenous people and following their advice then I don't see anything wrong with it. And if there's no real merit to the story, well at least it's a little fun to think about. And it will never hurt for citizens of this country today to learn about the people of the past. The history of this land extends well beyond 1776 and this is an opportunity for us to learn."

If you were the GM in Atlanta, how would you handle this entire situation?

"I think I would meet with the leaders of the people and in conjunction with ownership I would seek out the most appropriate, responsible and respectful actions that could be taken. And I trust that whatever is going on in Atlanta, that GM Wrong is doing exactly that."

What is your take on the news surrounding GM Pancho and the HIFLPA's dispute of his trading an injured player in Cesar White?

"I think thats for the HIFLPA, the league and GM Pancho to handle. My thoughts on it don't really matter. I know that GM Pancho has been noted, in the past, for being fairly loyal to his players so if he broke an unspoken rule then I'm sure it was not intentional.

Besides, he was getting ready to watch his team take their first loss of the season. He was probably focused on that."

(if playing a game this week):  Talk about your game this week, how have injuries impacted your gameplan to this point?

"Well it's not necessarily injuries as the only injury we've suffered is to Terry Poe and, unfortunate as that injury is, we've got good depth at the position and are more than capable of employing a next man up strategy there. The circumstances surrounding the filming of Any Given Sunday II could pose a problem for us but I'm not going to comment any further until I've had the chance to speak with our coaching staff and Max himself.

On the other side of the ball, though, I think the injuries to Gene Griffith and Rodney Greenwood put the Killer Whales at a bit of a disadvantage. Of course they've got elite talent in every position so while losing two quality players at corner is certainly not ideal, it's not like they've suddenly become a JV squad. This is still an impact bowl contender we're going to be going up against and we're still going to need to prepare just as much as we would if Griffith and Greenwood were going to be active.

Any other questions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 15, 2021, 11:15:42 PM »
AARON KITCHEN IS WAITING TO GREET YOU AT GORILLA, A MILE WIDE SMILE ON HIS FACE

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 15, 2021, 11:32:33 PM »

GM ELI WALKS A FEW STEPS FURTHER OUT OF EARSHOT OF THE MEDIA BEFORE TURNING BACK TO SPEAK TO THE QUARTERBACK.

"Oh, hey there Aaron. How's it going? You look like you're having a good day. Did something happen..."

GM ELI STARES AT HIM STILL STONE FACED, SHOWING NOW EMOTION AT ALL AS HIS WORDS HANG ON THE AIR.

"You know... like beating the defending Impact Bowl champions on their home turf for the second season in a row. This time with Ortega under center, completely disproving all the doubters who said we only won a year ago because Ortega was out?"

FINALLY, ELI'S EXPRESSION BREAKS AND HE SMILES JUST AS WIDE AS AARON KITCHEN HAD BEEN.

"Heck of a game out there Aaron. Heck of a game, indeed."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 16, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »

They can't deny us anymore!  We're in the upper echelon of teams in this league, and we WILL win that Impact Bowl this year, and its going to be AWESOME!

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 16, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »

"Good. Lets take that energy and focus it into making GM Gates eat his words. Since he's already guaranteeing victory."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 16, 2021, 04:48:04 PM »

I just hope that after he eats his words, he leaves enough room for my fist...  if you know what I mean.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: May 16, 2021, 09:41:47 PM »

GM ELI STARES AT HIS QB LIKE HE UNDERSTANDS WHAT THE MAN IS TALKING ABOUT BUT PROBABLY DOESN'T HAVE ANY CLUE.

"Lets just not do anything with either of your fists that's going to put you at risk physically, or at risk of being suspended. Ok? Good.

But hey, there's a press room full of reporters in there that I'm sure would love to have the opportunity to sit down and chat with you if you're not busy. I've got to get to a meeting with Coach Mackey, though, so if you would excuse me..."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: May 16, 2021, 11:28:11 PM »

Alright!  There we go!

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: May 17, 2021, 12:24:54 PM »

"Really well done, Coach. To hold that offense to under 300 yards is impressive and to keep our guys fighting to the end to snatch that victory is even better. Though I'll admit the joy of the win is a bit muted with the news that scheduling conflicts could cause Max problems. I'm hoping that it's just the media trying to stir up some strife. Have you had a chance to speak with him at all about it?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 17, 2021, 01:25:54 PM »

He's torn on it obviously.  He wants to play, but the movie people are pretty insistent on having him for filming..  You know better than I do how he feels about being in the film, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 17, 2021, 01:32:51 PM »

"Well, let’s take care of this now because obviously the outcome is going to effect our game planning for the week.”

———

“Elsa, would you send Max in please.”

———

“Hey Max, great game against Alabama. But I’m sure you know I didn’t call you up to chat about that. Let’s talk about the filming schedule and how you want to handle this going forward.”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65531
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: May 17, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »

Boss, I want to play, you know me.   ...but these movie guys, they are RUTHLESS. Basically they're telling me if I can't commit to filming all week that I can kiss the role goodbye and they'll replace me.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 17, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

“I can make a phone call or two but I can’t guarantee it will result in their stance softening. But no matter what happens you’ve earned the right to make the decision for yourself. It’s a big game and I won’t tell you we don’t need you. You’re a captain and you’re leading the league in receiving. Obviously you’re a key fixture.

Like I said if it comes down to it the decision will be yours to choose between the movie, and the guys in the locker room. I’ll respect it either way.”