Author Topic: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS  (Read 124030 times)

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS
« Reply #2800 on: March 17, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
"Alright. Let's go get them.

Here, take this envelope and bring this to the Coaches on your way back down."

---

Depth Chart Changes
Set Kenneth Kang to PR1
Set Kenneth Kang to KR1
Set Douglas Fowler to KR2
Set Kenneth Kang to primary back-up to Shane Christie (RB2) in Shotgun and Spread formations
Set Kenneth Kang to RB in Pro Set
Set Walter Rivers to WR4 in Spread
Set Morris Cuellar to WR3 in Spread
Set Kenneth Kang to primary back-up (WR4) to Walter Rivers in Spread

Strategy Change
Set Doulas Fowler to Primary Receiver

LOCK-IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 18, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. I'm really pleased to come to this podium and talk about our first win of the season. That first win is always the hardest...but now that we've got it we know there are many more to come. I think we played a well balanced game. Our offense clicked, two guys hit 100 yards, and then Marshawn brought in three touchdowns. I bet his fantasy owners were ecstatic this week. On defense we hit them hard and often behind the line, picking up 5 sacks and a trio of turnovers. I'm really pleased overall, and I know this is a performance we can expect on a weekly basis. Let me go ahead and open it up to some questions. Go ahead."

"GM Bone congratulations on the win. Two games through the season, who is surprising you for the best, and surprising you for the worst?"

"Thank you. We've only played two games, so I can't say that anyone on this team is surprising me. But that's because we set high expectations for each players. I love home dominant our offensive line has been to start the season. As for the worst, I think just how competitive our division is from top to bottom. We are all 1-1...toughest division in football right now. I think the teams that finished near the bottom of the standings last season, and the expansions, have come ready to play. It's exciting for sure, but it is also scary. There are no easy wins in the West-North division. Next question?"

"Hey, which one-part of the team do you think is going to improve as the season goes on?"

"Good question. I think you're really going to see our running game open up as the season goes on. We've got a pair of talented rookies who are looking to make a mark, and as they get more comfortable, they are going to earn more touches, and I think soon they'll be giving Marcus and his passing game a run for his money. Next one?"

"What's the news on your team? Any updates on Ackerman, or something else?"

"Obviously that is a tough situation that still hangs over our head. I'm told he is doing well, and right now his focus is on recovery. We've got a great team. We were able to move Rivers over to his route tree and his production exploded this week. It's tough, but this is football. The game goes on. Next question?"

"Do you have any comments about what else is happening in the league?"

"I touched on it briefly, but I was excited to see Rapid City lose this week. I mean, I'd like to see all 5 of our division rivals lose every week, haha, but sometimes that's not possible. I know I saw some sports outlets talking about Bloom's sophomore slump...but the Pride just put up 41 this week. We're going to treat him and the Pride like the offense threats they are. Anything else?"

"GM Bone, how do you build upon last week's win when you face St. Louis this week?"

"I had this one circled on our calendar, with our neighbors to the east coming to town. This one is a little matter of pride for us, as Missouri is our State. I think we can build on our success by creating pressure and turnovers. St. Louis gave up 6 turnovers this week, and that is something I think we can get close to replicating, especially after the havoc we created for Seattle this week. Does anyone have any further questions now?"

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 18, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

I think it's all starting to crumble in Rapid City... this could be our chance to seize the throne.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 18, 2018, 11:29:46 PM »
"I wouldn't count our chickens before they are hatched...but we're in a much better position than we were this time last week. We have a real chance to get ahead of Rapid City if they stumble again this week.

Let's talk about the game though. The one thing I am concerned about is that Marcus dropped back 62 times. I'm sure much of that was down to game flow or what, but that's unsustainable I think. QBs are suffering too many injuries already this season. Can you make an adjustment, or do you need a decision made for our lock-in?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 18, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »

If you want to make a strong change, you'll need to reference it in your lock in.  We also were a lot more bold on 4th down this week, We felt confident in our aggressive approach.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: March 19, 2018, 07:23:12 PM »
"Well, it has only been one game...if it becomes a trend we'll explore some adjustments. It's time for our first in State game. Coach, let's get to work."

---

No Changes

Lock-In

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 26, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. Sorry, it took me so long to get to the podium this evening. We just had a huge win over our in-state rivals, and it deserved a little bit of celebration in the locker room. I am really happy with the result. It was a great game top to bottom from our team. I'd like to take this opportunity to do something special. There will be a trophy to chronicle the Kansas City-St. Louis rivalry. The winner of the latest game will get ownership of the trophy, and all the bragging rights to go with it. The physical trophy hasn't been commissioned yet, but let the record show that Kansas City has the first win ever. I'm really happy to be a part of that. Okay, questions?"

"Hi GM Bone. Big news this week as the Alliance of American Football and XFL has emerged into the football world. What do you think about that?"

"Yeah big news huh? I have a couple of thoughts. First, this is great for the players, as more professional football teams means more roster spots. It probably means that no player has to retire due to lack of work. I know many other GMs are praising this...which seems odd to me. I figure the other GMs are praising the other league because they want a positive relationship with them, and are afraid to trash the league for fear of being 'blackballed' out of potential future deals. Did any other GM criticize the league? Because if we are being truthful as executives, and first and foremost I am the top executive of the Kansas City Bruins...this is bad for my organization. Three professional football leagues, plus our own minor league, means an oversaturation of the football product. Now, I'm not going to bore you with supply and demand economics.

Here's the bottom line. There are a finite number of football fans, and a finite amount of football dollars. Most of our fans save up their hard earned money for one jersey purchase a year, or one football game per year. Our fans show their loyalty through their dollars, and with more football teams to go around, there is a greater potential for fans to spend their dollars elsewhere. With that in mind, I want to reassure our fans that we are committed to bringing you the best football the Bruins have to offer, and I am humbled by the support we get from you every season.  If you choose to spend your loyalty on us, I want to make sure you are getting maximum value. I have an announcement. During Week 5 of the HIFL season with our home game against Lincoln, we will be discounting the cost of all team jerseys by 15%, both here in the stadium and online. If you've been waiting for the perfect time to grab your Marcus Mariota jersey, or your Douglas Fowler jersey...now is the time. We will post all the details of this sale to our team website.

Next question?"

"Well...GM Bone, what else around the league has caught your attention?"

"I do like that Rapid City has gone onto hifl.com, checked the standings, and realized that we are above them. That's a nice feeling. You know, I saw a headline that said "Bruins are confused by Coach Tarr's 11 4th down tries." But...I'm not? Coach Tarr was trying to win that game. At no point would he allow his team to give up, regardless of what the score was. I admire the fierceness our in-state rivals showed this week...and I look forward to sweeping the season series later this season. Anything else?"

"Hey GM Bone. You're up against Portland this week. What are your thoughts?"

"Thank you. It's a big game. Portland did something we were unable to do, beat Rapid City. That has got our attention. I think however we match up well against them. I don't think their secondary has enough talent to stop our pass catchers. Not because they aren't quality players...but because we just are so overwhelming in offensive talent. Quietly, our defense is having a good season, and I look forward to seeing them duel Steven Crawford. Any further questions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 26, 2018, 11:39:21 PM »

Strong win, just what we needed to prove we are the top of the food chain in this division.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 26, 2018, 11:48:28 PM »
"Not a bad way to start a rivalry either. With new football teams seemingly popping up around us daily, wins like this is going to keep our fans energized. I can't imagine we have any pressing issues right now, right?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 27, 2018, 12:08:35 AM »

Correct.  Nothing concerning.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 27, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
"Thanks Coach, I'll let you get to work."

---

"Miss Shay, do I need to set aside some budget for the jersey discount I offered or can it be handled? "

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 27, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »
IT HAS BEEN HANDLED BY THE MERCH DEPARTMENT

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 27, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
No Changes

Lock In

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 10, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. This is definitely not the result we were looking for this week. Not that any of our opponents are ever an easy win...but that we should have played much better than we had. It wasn't close. The game got away from us and we never got it back. Our defense was torched, our offense struggled to keep drives alive, and we kept gifting Portland with dumb penalties. Our guys should have played better, and they know they should have played better. My hope is after this week the guys in the locker room double down, and work twice as hard so we are not taking to task like this again. Any questions? Go ahead."

"Hi GM Bone. So, are you surprised at Portland, or any of your division rivals?"

"Thank you. I'm not surprised at any team in particular, as I think this division top to bottom, is the toughest in football. I am surprised that we all sit deadlocked at 2-2. No one has separated from the pack yet, and while to some organizations, it is encouraging, for us it's a little bit alarming, considering the high expectations we have of ourselves this season. Again, our division is tough, but I had hoped we would be able to make a statement and rise to the top early. Next question?"

"So, with where you are in the standings, is that a reflection of your team? Where do you think you should stand, and who is responsible for where you stand?"

"Are you asking if we are a 2 and 2 team? Yes, we've played like one. We've had some ugly games this season. As I said, we did have higher expectations than 2 and 2...but obviously our play reflects our standing. As for who is responsible, the long and short answer is me. This is my team, and I own every loss, just like I would every victory. That's not an excuse for the coaching staff or the players to breathe a sigh of relief, this is a sign that we are an organization of accountability, and that starts with me. We can be better, and we will. Next question?"

"Hey GM Bone, what is your biggest challenge this season, and who has most improved on your team?"

"Well, our biggest challenge is obvious, it is the rest of this division. These teams are tough, and the deadlocked standings reflect that. We all know off-season which 10 games we are guaranteed to have, and thus, which 10 games we need to be prepared for. At 2-2, it seems the entire division was prepared for that. As for a most improved player, that has to be Walter Rivers. I feel like I've been praising him a lot, but he has earned it. He has shown real growth this season, and that is what you as a Coach or a GM want to see out of your young players. I think it also shows that you don't need to be a 10-year veteran to make an impact on a team. You can do it really early in your career. Okay, one last question please?"

"You're up against Lincoln this week, what will be the toughest thing to prepare for?"

"Can I say Large Cox on TV? Hahaha. Lincoln has started out the year as the #3 offense in the league, and their passing game has really opened up under Bloom. We either have to stop them, or win in a shoot out. Stopping that passing attack will be difficult, especially since we will be down an important piece of our secondary. Someone is going to have to step up, and step up quickly to fill that void.

I thank the members of the media at this time, no further questions please."

----

"Coach, I'm a little down this week. I feel this game was one of the, if not, the worst performance from our team in the last two seasons. We lost two, and even in victory, Seattle outplayed us. Yeah, I came down hard in the media, but hopefully that'll stamp out any complacency that might be lingering because of how well we played last season.

Obviously, the division is wide open, so I'm not suggesting we panic. I am suggesting we make sure that if we have to lose, that the other team has to fight for it until the end. I think four games is a good sample size, and it is time to start talking about adjustments. I hope the news out of Topeka is good, because we may need to reinforce our defense sooner rather than later. Do you have some ideas on adjustments though?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: April 12, 2018, 11:43:45 AM »

Well it's tough defensively because we are middle of the pack in all statistical categories, but we are near the top in tackles for loss and turnovers forced.  I think with the loss of Goode, we're going to want to call up Patterson, I've heard good things about him from the minor league squad and even though he's not a physically dominant corner or an explosive turnover machine e's fast enough and athletic enough to contribute in the nickle right now.  He's still raw, but he has the upside that a free agent off of the street wouldn't offer.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 12, 2018, 10:30:04 PM »
"For the most part, middle of the pack defense that creates turnovers is fine and will keep us in more games than not. I'm really alarmed at how much Richards got torched, however. Rutherford and Gordon both ran by him on multiple occasions, and that can't continue to happen. What do you think, has he lost a step, or...?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: April 15, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

He definitely hasn't lost a step, but I think his big weaknesses are an overall lack of strength, and he lacks in the agility and endurance.. I honestly think he'd be a lot better at Strong Safety, which is where he played in college before Oakland moved him to corner.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 15, 2018, 10:57:37 AM »
"That might be something to consider.

After 4 games, is there any other player not playing to expectations? And any position you think we should reinforce from a player from Topeka?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: April 15, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »

Edwards and Patterson are the only ones that spring to mind.  Our guards and tackles are playing great ball, which blocks Wood and Pleasant, while I feel like Michael Johnson needs to keep his development going down there.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 21, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »
"I'll check in with Topeka for a full assessment too. One moment Coach.

Miss Shay, can you ask Coach Johnson to join us?

Coach thanks for coming up. In light of Sammual's injury, I'm going to make the move to call up Patterson. I also want to give him and the rest of the secondary additional practice time, so that they can learn to play together, and hopefully improve a little bit. Normally I wouldn't ask to alter any of your practice plans...but I think the situation calls for it. Are we on the same page?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: April 23, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »
YES

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: April 23, 2018, 10:21:15 PM »
"Thanks, I'll let you know the specifics a little later."

---

"Miss Shay, can you call up Shaun Doe for me?

Director, how is everything in Topeka? Can you give me your quarter season report on our minor league players?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 06, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »
HE INFORMS YOU HE WILL SEND YOU THE INFO PRIVATELY IN A MOMENT

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 09, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »
THE BUSES BEGIN TO WARM

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 09, 2018, 10:34:22 PM »
"Thank you Director Doe. I'm going to be taking Patterson from you unfortunately. I am really impressed with what you've accomplished otherwise. Have a good day."

---

"Miss Shay, here is the lock-in information."

Depth Chart Changes
Set Antonio Patterson to CB3 in All Formations

In-Season Training Schedule
2 Hour Position Training
1 Hour Athletic Training
0 Hour Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players
Christian Cassidy
Thomas Richards
Antonio Patterson
Lucas Dickinson
Basil Sandoval

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 04, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 04, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. Really disappointing result this week. Our division is so tight, the toughest in all of the HIFL, and every win counts. We're certainly not out of it, we just made things a little harder on ourselves. We have another tough week coming up...but I'll take a few questions though. Go ahead."

"Hi GM Bone. What do you think went right, or wrong in the game this week?"

"Thank you. The glaring issue this week was the big plays we gave up. We can't win games when our opponents are breaking off multiple 50 yard plays in a game. It's just a bad look on us. We fell behind early, were forced to become one dimensional, and we got beat. This was a divisional game. Our opponents are built to beat us, and beat us they did. We had a chance for a late comeback in the 4th quarter. Our team was clicking...but that huge 85 yard touchdown just beat us. Overall I am disappointed. But we are still in it in our division. We have an opportunity to pick up some wins outside our division. We do that, we'll be in good shape. Okay. Time for just one more question, we have a short week. Yes?"

"Hi GM Bone. You're up against Orlando this week. How do you feel about the game? What will be the toughest thing to prepare for?"

"Yeah, this is a tough game. Orlando is undefeated. But, Orlando doesn't play in a tough division like we do. I like our chances, we're battle tested. It'll still be tough, going East is always difficult. Luckily we don't have a huge time gap to cover, but it still means upending some routines. I think we match up well. Orlando's strength is the short game, and I think we have done well in those situations. We still have an electric offense, and they will find a way to score again and again on this defense. The toughest thing to prepare for is the poise of Patton. The General is an early MVP candidate. He doesn't make mistakes, and our defense lives on capitalizing mistakes. We have to force Orlando to get into a firefight with us. If we let them control the game early, we'll have a tougher time clawing back. I'm going to send a message to my team this week. It is time we set the tone early. No more playing catch-up. That's not who the Bruins are.

Does the media have any further questions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 04, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

Not the game we wanted to play or lose... not even close.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 04, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
"No, not at all. Big plays are killing us. 42, 50, 67, and an 85 yard TD. I know our secondary is banged up, but they've never done what they've done these past few weeks. I know our defense isn't a shut down prevent yards defense. But they usually are the type to keep everything in front of them and capitalize with turnovers. Are we making a mistake with scheme or what? Why do you think we aren't holding up like we did last season?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »

Poor tackling, mental lapses, and the occasionally out-schemed play from the opposition, but mainly it's been mental mistakes, I believe.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 05, 2018, 12:47:40 PM »
"I know there is no 'quick fix, but nonetheless how can we begin to address it? More practice time? Something else?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 05, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »

I think additional film study for the entire secondary could help? 

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 05, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »
"We could alot the extra hours I picked last week all into film study, unless you and Coach Johnson want to change up your normal routine. My extra notes can only include 5 players."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »

We'll adjust our system here and try to work the entire defense.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 05, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
"Great. One more thing I want to talk about adjusting.

Miss Shay, can you ask Coach Nick to join us?

I've noticed we haven't been running the ball much. And I understand part of that is because we have been playing from behind the last two games. Either way, I'd like to offer an adjustment for more runs on first down. We need the threat of the run to keep teams honest. I think we thrive on play action too. What are we at on 1st down? How about something like a 10 or 15 percent increase?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: June 05, 2018, 02:26:36 PM »

No problem.  Currently we are passing 70% on 1st and 10.  50% on 1st and short, and 65% on 1st and long. We can adjust that without a problem.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: June 05, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »
"Yes, let's decrease those passes by 15%. I'll make a note of that in the lock-in.

Anyway, short week. Let's get to work."

---

Strategy Changes: Decrease Pass to 55% on 1st and 10, 40% on 1st and short, 55% on 1st and long.

In-Season Training Schedule
1 Hour Position Training
1 Hour Athletic Training
0 Hour Physical Training
2 Hour Film Study

Players
Christian Cassidy
Thomas Richards
Antonio Patterson
Lucas Dickinson
Basil Sandoval

LOCK IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: June 11, 2018, 11:12:06 PM »
"Wow, thank you for joining me. Heck of a game, and a victory we needed. Orlando put up a great fight, but we had the edge today. Obviously, our offense really clicked today and put on one of the best performances of the season. Marcus was damn near perfect, and Marshawn put on one of the great performances by a receiver you'll ever see. Our defense had some issues, but they did the job nonetheless and we got the win. Let's go ahead and move to some questions now. Yes?"

"GM Bone, congratulations. What stood out to you around the league this week?"

"Well, I have to say I was a little perplexed at Merv Patton being awarded player of the week. Don't get me wrong, he had a great game, and if he led his team to victory I wouldn't say a word. Maybe it is me, but I feel like for something like the offensive player of the week, your either have to put on a historic performance, or your team needs to at least win. I don't think Patton's week was particularly historic, and he didn't win. I feel like one of our guys should have earned that award. Marcus had yet another 5-0 performance. Marshawn named three touchdowns and 120 yards. Again, not to take away from Patton, he is one heck of a QB and a potential MVP contender for everything he has done this year. I just don't agree with the decision for this week. Next question?"

"Hi GM Bone. What do you make of the hiring of GM Eli and GM Bennett to the league? Do you have any advice for them?"

"I think it is cool that those franchises were able to find people they could trust to lead the team. My only advice is to not trust the other GMs, and learn which GMs are notorious for tricking new GMs into a bad deal. It has happened before, and if they aren't careful, it will happen again. Next question?"

"Hello. With the draft class being announced this week, do you plan to target personalities, skillsets, or position groups at the college showcase?"

"I have two things in mind. We have a strong connection with our community, and we'll be looking at players with local roots. We'll also be focusing on position groups of need. I don't know what those are yet, and certainly I don't want to voice our major plans for the other GMs to see. I hope that is a satisfying enough answer. Next question?"

"Hey GM Bone. What do you hope to gain from the bye week, both for yourself and your team?"

"Well...the bye week is just another work week for me. It is nothing special. I'd say our players have played 16 straight week seasons for awhile now that the bye week might be a bit foreign to them, although certainly welcome. For me, I see that we have Cleveland on the schedule coming out of the bye week, and they are a tough team. Now we have an extra week to prepare. So, a little bit of rest is on the agenda, but so is some work.

Does the media have any further questions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: June 12, 2018, 12:17:11 PM »

I think Marcus and the boys will take the Win over a POTW award any day.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: June 12, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
"Of course. I don't want those critics sleeping on our guys just because 5 touchdowns is an average day for us you know?

As much as the team should celebrate this huge win, you and I need to talk business. That was almost a disaster. I think it time to make real adjustments in the secondary. Richards is getting torched week after week, and I don't think we can afford to continue to play him as our number one. I think it is time to see what CC offers as the number one. Thoughts?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: June 12, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

You're probably right.  It's been a brutal year for Richards.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: June 13, 2018, 11:54:40 AM »
"Maybe he just needs an adjustment to get out of his funk.

What do you think about Patterson? I know it has only been a couple of weeks since we called him up. I'm thinking about the possibility of moving Richards to the slot in some places, so I'd like to know how you think Patterson might stack up on the outside."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: June 13, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »

He's been a little inconsistent so far, but he has the frame to play outside or in and I feel like once he gets stronger and raises his football IQ, he'll be a great piece of our starting defense.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: June 13, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
"Glad to hear it. I think Richards issue is mental and not physical at this point. How would you feel about a trial by fire for Patterson so Richards can pick up some reps in the slot? As long as you don't think it will negatively impact Patterson's development, I'd like to give it a go."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: June 13, 2018, 02:50:44 PM »

I think the only way it hurts his development is if we go ape-shit on him if he doesn't play well.. so I think its worth a shot.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: June 14, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
"That's not my style. I'm going to let you get back to work. Let's take advantage of the bye week in whatever way you feel is necessary. Let the other coaches know I might speak to them individually later. I'm going to speak to some players right now though. Thanks."

---

"Miss Shay, can you have Thomas Richards join me please?"

"Thomas come in and please take a seat. We need to talk about your performance this season. We're giving up too many big plays and it is hurting us. Last week was almost a last second disaster. It's not all on you, but you have stood out the most this season for the wrong reasons. I know we are often leaving you guys in 1 on 1 coverage, and it isn't the easiest thing. But, I talked to the coaches and we need to make a change. CC is going to line up as our #1 going forward.

Here's the thing, I don't think your skills have diminished. You are still the surest tackler on the team. I honestly think you have gotten in your own head a bit. So, we are going to take advantage of what you excel at. You excel at keeping the play in front of you, of getting physical with receivers, and with wrapping them up quickly. So, you are still the starter. In our 4-3, we'll still have you line up on the outside. In our nickel and dime packages, we'll line you up in the slot, so you can get bump these receivers off their routes and keep the play in front of you. I think a change of pace is going to turn this season around for you. My confidence in your abilities has not wavered. Let's refocus, get your head on straight, and get back to work. Understood?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: June 18, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »

Since we're being honest and upfront boss, I'd feel more comfortable moving to Strong Safety, anyways.  Can we make that happen?

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: June 18, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »
"I appreciate the honesty. I'll talk to the coaches about it. My immediate answer is no, because Sammual is still out with an injury, and we can't get by with two cornerbacks. When he gets back from injury, that might be possible. Either way, I'll hash it out with the coaches. Make sense?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: June 20, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »

I hear you boss, I mean if you have to look to a team that has a need at Safety and has an extra corner I mean, that's cool to.  Just keep me posted.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:50 PM »
"Thanks for coming up. Head on back to the facility and see if the Coaches need anything from you."

---

"Miss Shay, can you send for Christian Cassidy please?"

"CC come in and take a seat. We're going to be making a change at cornerback. Starting now, you're gonna be our #1. So, first off, congratulations, know that you have earned this. Second, know that the work gets harder from here. The coaches and I are going to support your development as much as possible, but nonetheless we're going to have high expectations for you. Cleveland is going to be a big test for this team. You ready to get to work?"