Author Topic: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS  (Read 122622 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS
« Reply #2850 on: June 22, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »

I'm always ready and up to the challenge, lets do this thing.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 25, 2018, 11:55:23 PM »
"Glad to hear it. Thanks for coming up."

---

"Miss Shay, can you send Marcus to be please?

"Marcus how is it going? It's been a tough season so far, so I wanted to check in and see how you are doing."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 26, 2018, 11:47:04 AM »

I am doing fine, we knew coming into this year that we'd get every single opponent's best, and while we have to be great all the time, they only have to get lucky once to steal a win.   We've got a tough schedule, but its time for us to show that we deserve that tough schedule.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: June 26, 2018, 09:51:54 PM »
"I'm glad that you are locked into our situation. Thanks Marcus."

---

"Miss Shay, I'm going to go watch the rookie showcase a little more. Here is the lock-in details for the Coaches."

---

Depth Chart Changes
Christian Cassidy set to CB1 in all formations
Antonio Patterson to CB2 in 3-3-5, Nickel, and Dime formations
Thomas Richards to CB2 in 3-4 and 4-3, to CB3 in 3-3-5, Nickel, and Dime formations

LOCK IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: June 29, 2018, 07:36:26 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. Hopefully I'll be answering the right questions. I'd much prefer to be back at last season, answering questions on a winning streak...but it is what it is. Alright. This week was a tough week. We knew from the beginning of this season that every opponent was going to step up and not let us run the table like we did last season. Teams are defending us better, and beating us on the break better. Cleveland came prepared to stop us. Season lows in our passing attack tell that story. Lows in yards, completions...also highs in drops. We're not a complicated team, I know that. I trust that our guys will out work and out run anyone on the defense...it just didn't work out this week. Our defense is battered and bruised, but if our offense played like they usually do...we win this game by a couple of touchdowns. Honestly, it was an off-day for our offense, and Cleveland came ready for them. I know we'll bounce back to our high octane ways. Any questions? Yeah? Go ahead."

"Hi GM Bone, what stood out to you in the news this week?"

"Thank you. Well, I'll tell you one thing for certain. I don't know what these '5 crazy trades that will work' article was about...but let me quash any rumors right now. Marcus Mariota is not on the market, not for any team, not for any price. I was also deeply disturbed last week by the display of violence that happened at the rookie showcase. I'm appalled by a couple of things. First, a boss...no a league owner... seeing fit to lay his hands on an employee was horrifying. Violence is not justified for any reason. I wouldn't have cared if GM Lucas had put his team in financial ruin right before running through the hotel nude and flipping anyone off. He should have been reprimanded, fined, or fired...not sent to the hospital. I had happened to be in a different part of the hotel at the time of the incident. But it was reported that several people, including GMs in this league stood by and did nothing but watch. I'm not saying anyone should have gotten into it, but certainly someone should have thought to call security...or the police? Shame on them. Shame on this #justiceforcrowe movement too. He committed a crime. And people...including some GMs in this league...are celebrating this? What an absolute disgraceful day for this league. I'm going to stand here and feel ashamed for all of them, since none of them had the character to do the right thing. Any other questions?"

"Ummm...I was going to ask about how you felt about the showcase."

"Oh, well aside from that incident I think it was a positive addition to the league. Man, I know how to bring a press conference down right? Yeah, it is great for the incoming rookies to get as much time in front of coaches and executives as possible. I hope the league can facilitate more of these showcases in the future. Next question?"

"Speaking of the other GMs, what did you think about the amount of errors and fines last week?"

"Business as usual? It happens every season. Personally I take meticulous notes to ensure I don't make those errors. No deal is worth that risk. But...more power to the rest of them. I'd like to see even more errors before the trade deadline. As long as they don't involve me or my team heheh. Another question out there? Okay."

"GM Bone, you have another call-up period this week. Any plans to bring anyone else up?"

"Thank you. The answer to that is 'we'll see'. We have quite a few injuries piling up, so we may need to reload the roster a bit. Next question?"

"GM Bone, can you talk about your match-up with San Antonio this week?"

"It's going to be a tough match-up. San Antonio is a good team, and we've had some close match-ups the last couple of years. After last week, I know Marcus and the rest of the offense are looking to remind the league which city runs the most dangerous offense in the world, and I expect them to lead this team to a big day. Our division is tough, and we need this win to keep pace and reach our goals. I think we can do it.

Thank you for coming. I have time for a quick question if you have any further ones, but as this is a critical week, I need to get to work."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: June 30, 2018, 11:16:39 AM »

This schedule doesn't get any easier... I swear.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: June 30, 2018, 11:42:58 AM »
"That's what you get when you're a top team in the league. A schedule full of top teams. It is what it is.

Can you tell me about San Antonio? How do we rank against them offensive and defensively?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

Right now we rank like this:

PPG: 29.6 (7th)
PA: 29.6 (7th)
Total Offense - 383.4 (14th)
Total Defense - 468.6 (24th)
Rushing - 92.3 (21st)
Run D - 165.1 (22nd)
Passing - 291.1 (4th)
Pass D - 303.4 (23rd)

San Antonio is set up like this:
PPG: 29 (8th)
PA: 24.4 (8th)
Total Offense - 434.4 (1st)
Total Defense - 342 (3rd)
Rushing - 90.4 (22nd)
Run D - 124.6 (11th)
Passing - 344 (1st)
Pass D - 217.4 (6th)

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 02, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »
"Gotta say I'm a little shocked where we are offensively this season. What do you think is holding us back?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 02, 2018, 10:56:54 AM »

Our Yards per carry are solid at 4.8 YPC, which is in hte upper half of the league.  Passing, I'd say 4th isn't the worst in the world. We just have had to deal with some drops.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 08, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
"I was comparing our passing game from this year to last year. But that's alright.

We just made a move to bring in some new pieces to the defense, so I need to let you get to work. I'll get lock-in information shortly."

---

"Miss Shay, can you phone up Deion Hester please?

Mr. Hester thanks for taking my call. With injuries piling up, I need to add a little depth to our linebacking core. I'd like to sign your client Faustino Villarreal to 1 year 250K deal to finish out the season."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 08, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »
DEAL

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 08, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
"Thanks Deion."

---

"Miss Shay, one more call please. This time to Anthony Campanelli."

"Mr. Campanelli...we have injuries piling up on the defense, and I'd like to sign your client Daniel Bauman to a 1 year 250K deal to finish the season."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 08, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »
DEAL

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 09, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »
"Paperwork is signed and sent. Thank you."

---

"Miss Shay, can you hand in the lock-in information?"

---

Depth Chart Changes
Set Muhammad Ali to LDT in 4-3, to LDT in Nickel, to LDT in Dime, to DT2 in 3-4, to DT2 in 3-3-5
Set John Fredrickson to MLB in 4-3, to RILB in 3-4, to MLB in 3-3-5, to SLB in Nickel
Set Faustino Villarreal to ROLB in 3-4
Set Antonio Patterson to CB2 in all formations
Set Harry Spencer to CB3 in Nickel and Dime

In-Season Training Schedule
2 Hour Position Training
1 Hour Athletic Training
0 Hour Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players
Christian Cassidy
Antonio Patterson
Lucas Dickinson
Basil Sandoval
Harry Spencer

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: July 09, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »

Hello GM Bone, Riley from the league office calling.  It has come to our attention that after your recent roster additions that you have exceeded the HIFL's roster limit. You currently have 41 active players on your roster. 

As a result of this violation of the roster cap, your organization has been fined $5MM for this season and next season. You will need to clear 2.5MM in Salary to be in compliance, and as with all roster/salary penalties you will forfeit a roster spot for the remainder of the season, meaning you will need to bring your roster down by two players.

You may use next off-season's amnesty clause if you so choose, or you can find another way to gain compliance.  Please me more careful in the future.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:59:43 AM by Talon »

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: July 10, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
"Okay, we are under compliance."

---

"Miss Shay, let the Coaches know that Will Hargraves has been sent down to Topeka. Here is our lock-in."

---

Depth Chart Changes
Set Ali Muhammad to LDT in 4-3, to LDT in Nickel, to LDT in Dime, to DT2 in 3-4, to DT2 in 3-3-5
Set John Fredrickson to MLB in 4-3, to RILB in 3-4, to MLB in 3-3-5, to SLB in Nickel
Set Faustino Villarreal to ROLB in 3-4
Set Antonio Patterson to CB2 in all formations
Set Harry Spencer to CB3 in Nickel and Dime
Set Daniel Bauman to SS2 in all formations, and to CB4 in Dime

In-Season Training Schedule
2 Hour Position Training
1 Hour Athletic Training
0 Hour Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players
Christian Cassidy
Antonio Patterson
Lucas Dickinson
Basil Sandoval
Harry Spencer

LOCK IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: July 13, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
"Wow, thank you for joining me. Amazing game this week, and we got a much needed win against a terrific San Antonio team. I do look forward to our yearly match-ups with them, and for our fans, I hope we didn't disappoint. I think we did well on both sides of the ball. I was worried that the defense would need time to adjust to the moves we made last week, but by the second half they locked it down, only giving up 7 points in the final 40 minutes. I think Fredrickson came in on fire, looking to prove himself, and he did well in his debut. I think Morris Cuellar really stepped up for us late when Rivers was in the concussion protocol, and he willed us into overtime with his great run and catch at the end. This team clicks when people step up in clutch moments, and today we saw a lot of that. We're in a dog fight for this division, so every win matters more than the last. Really happy at the moment. I'll take some questions now. Go ahead?"

"Hi GM Bone, congratulations. Can you give us an evaluation of the first half the season, what is good and bad?"

"Thanks. Well, to me, the answer is both questions is the same. The good and bad is how our players have stepped up or failed to step up in clutch moments. I can't say that even in our loses we have ever been out of games. Sometimes, like this week, guys stepped up to make clutch plays. In other weeks, our guys have failed to step up in clutch scenarios. We win and lose as a team. We don't depend on one guy stepping up when it matters, we depend on 22 guys stepping up when it matters. My hope is down the stretch we can find ways to rise to the occasion and make plays when it counts. Next question?"

"Hey, question here. With where you sit in the standings, where do you think you are in terms of your owner's goals for the season, and how would you grade yourself as a GM?"

"Thank you. I'm not going to sugarcoat. If the season ended today, we would not meet our season goals. That's not acceptable. Not for anyone on this team, and not for me. I think we still have a shot to meet our goals, but we have a long fight ahead of us. I don't know what my grade is, but being on track to potentially fail all our goals, and you can probably guess what my grade is. I'll leave that there. Let's move on. Next question?"

"Hi. Who is your league-wide MVP, and who is a surprise performer?"

"I'd have the same answer for both questions, assuming you don't intend for me to pick one of my own guys, because you know Marcus Mariota should be a top MVP candidate. But I'd say Kenan Daley is both a surprise, and an MVP candidate. Guy is just a rookie, but he has put on historical levels of production for a rookie. It usually takes players a few seasons to hit their stride in the HIFL, so his feat is no short of amazing. Still, we beat him this week though. Just remember that when you are casting your MVP votes for Marcus. Next question?"

"Which of your division rivals have surprised you the most?"

"Can I say all of them? This is the toughest division in the HIFL. Teams like Seattle and St. Louis were supposed to be building for the future. Yet here we are, in a tight race with them, along with Lincoln and Rapid City. That's the reality of the situation. Next question?"

"With the trade deadline coming this week, do you see yourself as a buyer, seller, or do you plan to hold fast?"

"No comment. Sorry, can't give anything away one way or another."

"GM Bone, right here. What's your opinion of the new luxury tax rule?"

"It's fine. Honestly, the league is still tweaking the rule, so we'll have to wait to see what it ends up being. In principal I think it's a good idea. Ya'll got a lot of questions. One more please. Yes?"

"Can you talk about your upcoming game with Las Vegas this week? What will be your focus?"

"It's going to be a tough game. Vegas has a defense on pace to make history. But, we have the reigning MVP and one of the top offenses in the league. I like our chances. Rapid City exposed the cracks on the defense last week, so we're going to watch the film and see if there is something we can do. Like I said, every game becomes more important than the last. Alright. Thank you for joining me."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: July 13, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »

GM Bone...  While our season has been as struggle, capping the first half with a roster penalty was not fortunate at all..

We have an uphill climb and we will need help from the Majestic Skybear to achieve all of our goals.. We have already failed one, but you have proven that you can be successful in our organization.  We trust in you, the Skybear trusts in you.  So BruinsNation trust is you!

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 13, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
"We have a lot of work to do, but our goals are still obtainable. I hope in my time here I have proven that I'm willing to do the work. Thank you for seeing me Mr. Danzer. May the Great Skybear continue to guide us."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 13, 2018, 04:29:47 PM »

Well, Fredrickson is paying off early...

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: July 13, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
"My biggest fear as a GM is making a mid-season move and the players then playing horrible. So I'm glad to hear it.

Good win overall. I know where we are in the standings, so I'm sorry if this is a redundant question...but I would like you to give your mid-season assessment of the team. Whatever topic you want or need to cover. What have you got for me?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 13, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »

Losing Goode and then all our other defensive injuries make me think we're better than our poor defensive standings, but no matter what the reason, we're not going to win, even scoring 30+ per game when we're giving up just as many points.  I think some of our moves lately have helped, but we've seen other guys take steps back this year, so it's been a frustrating year across the board.  I don't know if other guys are watching Marcus' contract situation and pressing "in case" this is our last year with him at QB, or what... but we've clearly had some break downs in all areas at different times across the season.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: July 13, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »
"Can you elaborate what you mean by press "in case" because of Marcus' contract? I don't understand what you're trying to say."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 13, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »

I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that don't see us being able to keep Marcus under contract.  As a result, they're pressing or trying too hard because they feel like this is it for the window. 

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »
"The only way to bring stability at QB is to trade him right now for someone younger with more years left on their contract, but that seems counter-productive. It doesn't seem like a bad thing to me that our players want to press for the championship now?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 13, 2018, 06:34:16 PM »

I'm not saying that wanting to win it all now is a bad thing, Im saying that the extra pressure is causing people to make mistakes, play a little tighter, and put too much pressure on themselves. 

I don't think that moving Marcus makes us better, I'm just saying what I think is causing some of our issues.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »
"I got you now.

I want to talk about the linebacker rotations. I made the move last minute last week and just sprung Fredrickson on you. I put him in all of Pope's spots to just make life simpler for our lock in. Now that we've had a week, do we want to adjust anything there?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »

I think what we went with this week worked well.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: July 14, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
"When we get Eddie back we can explore this further. I want to speak to a few people before we lock in, so I will talk to you later."

----

"Miss Shay, can you ask Coach Nick to join me?

Coach, how are you? I'm looking to get a mid-season assessment from you. What do you think so far? And I'd like to get your thoughts on achieving our offensive goals set out by Mr. Danzer this year."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: July 14, 2018, 03:45:03 PM »

Well dude, we're struggling to hit those marks.  We're 5th in PPG and 3rd in Passing, and we wanted to be first in both..  not like a huge drop off really,  Last year we scored 33.8 per game, this year we're at 30.1, which if you added back those missed FGs, we'd be pretty close.  We're like 50 yards fewer passing per game though this year, but we've also seen a hellabunch of drops.. but yeah, It's been interesting so far.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: July 14, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
"Obviously, things like 30ppg is nothing to sneeze at, that is great, and I don't mean to reduce our achievements. Most teams would take our offensive output in a heartbeat. Still, we have goals we need to achieve.

Drops are an issue, but Marcus is also hovering just above 50%. I wonder if we can work in either some RPOs or higher percentage throws just to see if we can help things out a bit? Can you tweak your gameplan this week? Vegas is so good, 50% completions won't cut it."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 14, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »

Sure dude, I can give it a look and see what we can do.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 14, 2018, 07:39:07 PM »
"Glad to hear it. I'll let you get back to work."

----

"Miss Shay, can you have Coach Enos and Coach Johnson join me?

Coaches, thanks for coming up. I just wanted to check in with you on the half way point of the season. I know we're ranked pretty low defensively and I'm not going to browbeat you on that, it is just as much on me as it is on anyone else.

Still, turnovers are down from last season, and that's where I think we're missing opportunities now, and I'd like to find a way to get those numbers up for the second half of the season.

If you both can give me a quick mid-season assessment nonetheless about our defense, I would appreciate it."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 14, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »
THEY TALK ABOUT THE DEFENSE USING THE STATS MADE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE, THEY ALSO MENTION TURNOVERS BEING DOWN ACROSS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, POINTING TO A STEEP DROP IN INTS THIS YEAR.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 16, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
"Well, I thought about one change. With turnovers down anyway, and I don't know if QBs are just making better decisions or what...but we can probably dial back the aggression a bit in light of that. Maybe a more balanced approach will suit us well there?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 16, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »

That could make sense, yes.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: July 16, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
"Thanks Coaches, we have a game to win."

---

Strategy Changes
'Coach Nick's Adjustments'
Defense Attitude - Balanced

LOCK IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 20, 2018, 09:10:34 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. That was a tough game, we had a lot of momentum going into the game, we just couldn't nab it at the end. 9 times out of 10 Marcus Mariota in the 2-minute drill is a solid bet, but we ran into a defense on a historic pace right now. Against any other defense, I think we're talking about a fantastic win. We put up 17 points in the first half against a defense barely giving that up per game, but credit to them, they clamped down after half-time and did what they had to do.

At least most of our division rivals also lost, so we are still in this division. One good thing came out of the weekend. I'll take some questions. Yes?"

"Hi GM Bone. What did you think about the All-Star team selection? Do you think the rosters are good; and any snubs from your team?"

"Well, I think one GM clearly wants to win, and luckily that GM happens to be in my conference. I think the West has always been the stronger conference, and especially the Northwest Division, and I think GM Jon's all-star selections put that on paper. I'm really proud of the guys who got selected, Marcus, Josue, Arthur, and Earl. They are all near the top of the league at their positions this season, and they've earned it. I think the leading receiver of the last three seasons, Douglas Fowler was a clear oversight by GM Jon...but I guess he'll find out when Fowler posts up on his defense again in Week 17. Net question?"

"Some big news this week around the league. Can you comment on a few stories?"

"Well, last week we saw the dismissal of GM Black Death, and this week it is rumored that GM Pancho will be the next to go. If true, that's a shame. To me, that's the biggest news of the week. It's a shame that the QB in Milwaukee is going to have his rookie season cut short. I don't care what team a player plays for, that's something I never want to see. We lost a key member of our roster early in the season, so I know it is going to be tough for everyone in that building. The hard reality of this league is that you need to stay healthy to win. It is no coincidence that Las Vegas boasts the best record and fewest injuries in the league. Next question?"

"What does your team need to focus on in the game against St. Paul this week?"

"Well, I think we need to light up the scoreboard, because that's our bread and butter. Hopefully Rivers will be good to go this week, which will definitely help our offense get back on rhythm. I also think winning at the line of scrimmage is the place where we can tip the scales. Matthews is one of the top pass rushers in the league, and Muhammed is quickly becoming a top run stopper, and getting them at the rest of the Front 7 going early is only going to benefit our team. St. Paul has had some trouble with stability on the offensive line, so I think we can exploit that match-up. Does the media have any further questions at this time?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: July 21, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »

You forgot the biggest snub of all, ME as head coach.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 21, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »
"You're right. I thought it was a given that GM Jon would pick his own coaching staff, so by that I'm surprised.

Anyway, tough loss, but we put up 24 on a historically great defense. I think we can get them in the playoffs. We just got to win the fight to get there first. How are we doing, all-star selections aside?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 21, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »

Health is the only concern.. It would be great if we can make it to the post season and get Goode back and in the slot.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 21, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »
"That's what we need.

Miss Shay, can you have Coach Enos join us?

Thanks for coming up Coach. St. Paul has a good run game, but not so much a passing game. Can we make some adjustments on defense to force them to take it to the air? I think we are getting much better at controlling the line of scrimmage with Matthews, Muhammed, and Fredrickson. I'd like us to set both our defensive focus and our defensive line focus to the run, and maybe set our coverage focus to zone so selling out to the run doesn't leave our defensive backs completely on an island. I know this is a massive shift in philosophy, but I think we may have to think about the weekly adjustments we can make to keep our defense in the game. Thoughts? Additions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 21, 2018, 08:22:26 PM »

We can definitely implement these changes, make puny snow kittens cower in fear as we destroy their tiny runningback under our thumb like iron curtain.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: July 21, 2018, 08:52:13 PM »
"Great. I will make notes in the lock-in. That's all I need right now. Thank you."

---

"Miss Shay, can you ask Marcus, Josue, Arthur, and Earl to come see me?"

"Guys. Real quick, I wanted to congratulate you all on your all-star nods. It is a testament to the hard-work you've all put in this season. Let's build on that for the rest of the season, and get back to the playoffs yes?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: July 22, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
EVERYONE AGREES

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 22, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
"Excellent. Let's get back to work then."

---

"Miss Shay, I think we're ready to go this week. Please send down these notes to the Coaches as we lock in."

---

Strategy Changes
Set Defensive Focus to Run
Set Defensive Line Focus to Run
Set Primary Coverage to Zone

LOCK IN