Author Topic: TEAM : DC COBRAS  (Read 85634 times)

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : DC COBRAS
« Reply #1950 on: September 18, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
S10 WEEK 16

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team.

A draw is a bit of an odd one so I'm not too sure how to feel about that. It's good that we didn't lose, obviously, but i really feel we should have won that game. Don't get me wrong, Cleveland are a great team and we've shown ourselves to be pretty evenly matched with them. A draw probably is fair if you look at it that way. However, we played very well and were in control for large periods of the game. We need to learn how to see a game out when we're ahead but that will come with experience. This is still a very young team here. They still need to learn how to look after the ball better but there were some great performances out there nonetheless. I was sure we were in for some Sasser magic as we headed into OT but unfortunately we just couldn't get him into range. Credit has to go to Cleveland for that really.

2. Talk about your team's news this week.

This draw keeps our noses ahead in the wildcard race and leaves our fate in our hands. Win this week and we're all but there, i think. I'll have to check the maths. I think Alabama would still be hanging in there but at least it would put Michigan and New Jersey out anyway. Is it a surprise that the East is going right down to the wire? Not at all. Not only is the North East the most competitive division in the game but the whole of the East is full of talented teams who could make a run in the playoffs. It's exciting to be a part of.

3. Talk about at least two other news stories of interest.

I suppose there's one thing you all want to hear me talk about. As a GM who has led a team into a new city I have mixed feelings on the whole idea in Tombstone. It will give the ownership a chance to draw a line under a horrible period and there are huge opportunities in exploring a new market. It can be a very exciting time but you always have to feel for the loyal fans who are having their team ripped from them. What i will say to those fans is that The Cobras are happy to welcome new fans from other cities to the family.

Robles obviously needs to be congratulated for his outstanding, record breaking performance this week. He really is the real deal and it's very impressive to see him still improving at this late stage in his career.

I'd also like to talk about my disappointment in seeing the horrible attitudes from some young players in other teams out there. Before you start mouthing off about teammates you really need to have won things first.

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

This week is going to be a tough one against a Michigan side fighting for their playoff lives. The keys to taking on Michigan are containing Hill and targeting their secondary. If you let Gio get into a rhythm he'll pick you apart. The tough thing is getting to him, though. he's one of the slipperiest QBs in the game so putting him under pressure early is important. If we can keep him quiet, and if we can keep hold of the ball, we should be able to impose our game on them and I'm confident we can beat anyone when we do that.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 18, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »

Five possessions in overtime, and we couldn't get across the 50 to even try a field goal.. damn shame.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 19, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
It's annoying is what it is. The players are good enough to perform much better than that. When it comes to the passing what is the problem? Is it drops or just missed passes? Dodds showed he's capable of breaking out for huge gains so I'm surprised he's not seeing more of it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 19, 2018, 01:38:51 PM »

The game breakdown of our incomplete passes was like this:

Spiked: 3
Incomplete: 3
Dropped: 4
Broken up: 6
Intercepted: 1

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
So there's no real one area that's hurting us there then. It would have been easier if there was. I look at the stats, see 22 first downs but only 8 of 22 3rd downs converted and only 27 points after almost 500 yards. Then you tell me we had all of those possessions in OT but couldn't get in range for Sasser. I'm at a loss to reconcile those things.
Let's talk about something easier. The defence. It's been performing well all season but I think we need to plan for facing Hill. My thoughts are that we revert back to how we started the season. We sit back a bit more in coverage to take away his options rather than risking too much going for him. He's too bloody slippery for that. What are your thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 19, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »

I agree with that, I am more of a coverage fan over a heavy blitzing person overall, and with our personnel, I think coverage better suits us.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »
Glad we're on the same page this week. I'll leave the details to you and Coach Door. Thank you Coach.
-------

Lolly, could I see Coach Thompson please?
-------

Coach, the offence has been pretty disappointing recently. I don't care what you have to do this week but I want us converting yardage into points. I'm giving you free reign to run this offence the way you want to this week but with that comes the responsibility for the end results of that.

Rotation: mostly starters
Run:pass ratio: Coach's choice
Tempo: Coach's choice
Strategy changes: Coach's choice on offence. Play more coverage on defence as discussed.

Extra training
King Carmazzi: film study 2hrs

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 21, 2018, 02:51:28 AM »
S10 WEEK 17 - PLAYOFF CONTENDERS

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team.

This is why we love football isn't it? After the disappointment of last week's draw there's the high of doing the double over a division rival. I don't share GM Eli's hatred of the state of Michigan, nor GM Kirk's hatred of Powers, but it's still a very satisfying feeling this week. People have accused this team of being boring in the past but this week surely puts that to rest. We came back from a blocked punt and lost fumble in the first half to win this one in what turned out to be a real thriller. The coaches did a great job planning for this game and they deserve a huge amount of credit for that. I challenged Coach Thompson to turn yards into points this week and he did a great job. Of course it's the players who go out there and do it. I was very pleased to see our defensive rookies making crucial tackles and TD saving PDs and to see Alfred showing them the way with his 5 vital PDs. Against a QB like Hill the secondary has to be sharp and first to the ball every time. We saw what can happen when that doesn't work but through the game we were able to frustrate Michigan's pass attack.
Special mention this week has to go to King Carmazzi though. He stepped into a tough situation when Corey went down but he came in and led the team brilliantly. Some of his passing was a joy to watch and he even managed to gain as many yards on the ground than the entire Michigan team. It was an excellent performance he should be very proud of.

2. With the playoffs coming up, what do you hope to achieve in this final week? (tailor to fit your current playoff scenario)

Obviously I hope to secure our playoff spot. It's in our own hands at least so now we need to deliver. With our injuries this week, though, what I would like to see is the replacements step up to take their chance. Carmazzi and Dodds did great things this week and showed glimpses of their potential but that was one game. They'll both be starting this week in a high pressure situation and I want to see them thrive on it. It'll cause a selection headache for me if they do but that's the kind of headache you want.

3. Who scares you most in the current pool of playoff contenders, who do you hope misses out on the playoffs?

St Paul is the obvious answer. Their roster is worth over $20m more than ours and that's enabled them to pack that defence with studs throughout. It's very difficult to compete with an uneven field like that. As for who I want to miss out, Alabama. Simply because that guarantees is a place in.

4. What do you need to do to win this next game?

We need to stay focused and to play each snap as it comes. We can't be looking to the future or watching what other teams are doing. Win and a playoff spot is ours. Everything else is a distraction.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 21, 2018, 11:50:55 AM »

If our boys can't stay focused enough to beat Milwaukee, then we don't deserve a spot in the playoffs.  That being said, I'm 100% confident we are going to go take care of business.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 21, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
I completely agree but I don't want to see any complacency out there. We're not in until it's official and I want to see us build some momentum to end the season. It's s great opportunity for Carmazzi and Dodds too. They linked up brilliantly last week so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. I think we set up the same again this week and carry this style through into the playoffs. My only concern was the big plays we gave up. I thought we solved that earlier in the season. Were we in man or zonal against Michigan?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 21, 2018, 12:48:29 PM »

We were primarily in Man coverage, but Michigan has one of the best pass-oriented coaches in the league, so they're always cooking up some creative plays to cause problems.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 21, 2018, 01:03:04 PM »
I don't see a need to change that then. I trust our lads 1 on 1 with anybody. I have 1 wild idea this week but it may come to nothing. I might speak to you again before we head out but I'll leave you to it for now.
-----

Lolly, Coach Thompson please.
-----

Well I set you free and the offence looked better for it. I did worry when we lost Rizzo and Houser but your lads adapted well. I was impressed with how you ran that game. Well done. What changes to the setup did you make?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 21, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »

I didn't change much, these fools played their butts off just like we wanted them too.  I took a few more chances on some longer down and distances, and when Tank was tired I let him rest.. We run a good offense in my mind, so I'd be a fool to change too much, fool.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 21, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
Either way it was a good performance and if we can do that every week we'll go deep into the playoffs. We need to get there first though. Thank you, Coach.
-------

Lolly, can I see King Carmazzi please?
-------

King, I won't keep you long but I wanted to congratulate you on your performance this past week. I know that's not how anyone wants to get their chance but you took it well. This week we're asking to you start. This is a great opportunity for you to go out and make it very difficult for me not to start you in the playoffs.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »

You've got it boss, I'm going to do my best to win this job and then win the Impact Bowl.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: September 21, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
That's exactly the sort of drive I'm looking for. I'll let you get prepared.

Strategy changes: None

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 22, 2018, 08:04:16 PM »
S10 WEEK 18 - PLAYOFF

1. With the playoffs starting, what is your number one priority as the GM?

Obviously my number one priority as the GM is to win the next game. What else would I prioritise over that? At this stage of the season it's winner stays on so if you're going to focus on performance or development or anything else then you have your priorities all wrong. I don't care how we win it as long as we win. What I'd rather talk about is the performance of my team in the final week of the season. Carmazzi had his first start for us and led the team to a convincing victory on the road, with us scoring over 40 points. What that gives him is extra confidence in his abilities and it gives us momentum going into the playoffs.

2. Who was your regular season MVP for the league, and also on your own team?

I think you're probably looking at the 3 main contenders for league MVP is this game. Robles seems to have found the fountain of youth and has been breaking records once again. Anthony Smith has broken his own pancakes record and has led our offensive line in a very impressive season for them as a group. Larry Stevens has been an absolute beast all season and demonstrated his MVP level talent at the All Star Game too.

3. What is the biggest match up this week for your game ?

I think the stats make it very clear that Robles is hugely important for Alabama. We will need to keep him relatively quiet if we want to win this game and Larry Stevens is the perfect guy for the job. It's going to be fascinating watching those two duel this week.

4. What will it take to advance to the next round of the playoffs?

It is going to take us playing at our very best to advance through any stage of the playoffs. Alabama are a great team with a great history and they are hungry to win an Impact Bowl for their HC and for GM Pancho. They will fight us for every inch on that field so we need to be up for that battle. We're hungry for this too though. This franchise has a tradition of winning and so the past 2 years of struggle under GM Jon have been painful for the whole organisation. Getting here to the playoffs helps to ease some of that but we won't feel like we've achieved what this team should be achieving until we bring the championship back home to DC. If we play our game the way I know we can then we can beat anybody in this league.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 22, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »

King got us through the last hurdle of the regular season, lets hope he can keep it going and lead us to the divisional-round.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
He's covered for Rizzo well since stepping in and I have a lot of faith in this kid. He'll be hungry to prove he's just as good as the guy drafted 1 place ahead of him over in Alabama too. The spotlight may be on him this week but we need to make sure we're set up to support him. I think the way we're currently set up should help to do that. If we take away Ortega's options he's prone to trying to force things and we could take advantage of that. what we need to watch out for is him taking off with the ball and Robles. We could up the blitz to try and counter their run but I'm leaning towards a strategy of containing rather than trying too hard to disrupt. Does that make sense?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 22, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »

Absolutely makes sense.  When you Blitz Ortega it gives him more holes in the defense, its best to clog his vision and passing lanes and force them to go small.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 22, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »
That's what I was thinking. I think we just carry on doing what's worked the past 2 weeks. The lads should be sufficiently motivated so I'll save the big speeches until the divisional game.

Strategy changes: King Carmazzi to QB1

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 23, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »
S10 WEEK 19 - ELIMINATED

1. Talk about your exit from the playoffs, what does it mean for you and your team going forward?

This game pretty much summed up our season. We were dominant in yards, time of possession and 1st downs and then we lost the game because we gave up too many fumbles. It's frustrating but there's nothing that can be done about it now. Congratulations to Alabama for a game well managed. As for what the loss means for our team going forward... progress. After 2 years on the outside we returned to the playoffs on the first try under the new regime. My goal for this team was to make it further but I'm not too disappointed with the season we've had. You have to remember that we have a lot of rookies in key positions and we'd lost important players to injury coming into the playoffs. This team is only going to get better next year so I'm excited about what can be achieved here. 

2. What is next for this franchise?

Next we need to consolidate this good start to this project and develop the young lads we have on the roster. There were a few games this year that we lost when we really shouldn't have so we need to work on the things that cost us... fumbles and failures to capitalise on our scoring chances. If we can improve in these areas there's no reason why we can't win this division next year.

3. Do you think you played your best football this week?

No, I don't. In a lot of aspects we did but we were better offensively in the last two regular season games than we were this week. Again, injuries and the limited game time for some of our players played their part in that. The best is yet to come and that has to be a scary prospect for our rivals.

4. Do you expect to make major changes in the off-season?

I'll need to speak to the coaching staff about that. I don't see us making sweeping changes but there will be tweaks to the roster and our system to try and get the best out of this team.

I have to say, you're all approaching this very negatively and I think that's extremely unfair to the efforts and performances this team has put in over the year. Yes, losing in the first playoff round is disappointing but it's certainly not doom and gloom. DC are back, that's what needs to be taken away from this playoff appearance.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 23, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
"Carmazzi's late fumble sealed the game for Alabama; Do you think you win this game with Corey Rizzo under center?  "

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 24, 2018, 03:42:51 AM »
I think it's entirely unfair to try and blame this loss on one moment or one player. It was Sasser earlier in the season too. Carmazzi played a good game and has been excellent since stepping in for Rizzo against Michigan. We had injuries to other key starters too. Houser was missing, Herzog wa missing. I don't hear you asking about whether they would have made a difference. King Carmazzi was let down at the start of his pro career and you in the media seem determined that he never recovers from that. I think he deserves some recognition for the job he's done considering the difficult situation he had to step into. I suppose that doesn't make such good headlines for you vultures though.

Unless you lot decide to act like professionals and have a serious question for me I think we're done here.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 24, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
"GM Dazz! 

Does King Carmazzi have a shot as the starting quarterback next season?"

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 24, 2018, 02:15:03 PM »
If he continues to develop like he has done and has a good preseason he absolutely has a chance. If Rizzo continues to develop like he has done and has a good preseason then he also has a great chance of continuing as our starting QB.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 24, 2018, 02:59:43 PM »
"Who would you prefer to win the starting job?"

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 24, 2018, 03:09:33 PM »
The player more likely to take us to the Impact Bowl. I really am done now.

GM Dazz stands up and leaves the press conference without taking anymore questions

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 24, 2018, 03:30:46 PM »

Well... it was a bloody fist fight, and we came out on the bottom.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 24, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »
It is extremely frustrating. We were better in yardage, better in first downs, controlled possession but still lost the game. We just can't seem to look after the ball. Still, there's a lot to take encouragement from. Overall the team performed well and I expect continued improvement next season. I think I've learned that we need to be more direct in the playoffs but there's no need for drastic change.
I'm going to let Brewster leave at the end of his contract so I can bring in a QB Coach to help our young QBs develop. I'm not looking to get rid of him but If I get a good enough offer for Rizzo I think Carmazzi will be our starter. Defensively we possibly need a number 3 LB and a 3 or 4 CB. Though Schofield seemed to improve as the season went on. I don't really see any other areas where we desperately need to improve.
Do you agree with my assessment or would you approach the off-season differently?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: September 24, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »

I think that's a fair assessment.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 25, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »
Again I'm glad we're on the same page. I have nothing else for you for now. Enjoy your vacation. I'll see you at the combine.
------

Lolly, could I see Coach Thompson please?
------

Coach, that was a tough way to drop out of the playoffs. It was the same frailties that cost us games during the season too. We were great at marching the ball down the field but then mistakes caused us to come away with nothing from it. Why are we turning the ball over and dropping the ball as often as we are? How would you address that next season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 25, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »

If I knew the answer to that right now, these fools woulda been doin' it all season and not fumbling away the playoffs, fool.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 26, 2018, 02:58:05 AM »
I don't expect you to have the definitive answer right now. What I expect you to have are ideas to tackle the issue next year. Doing the same again and expecting different results is madness. It's also not good enough.
Let's try this from a different angle. If you were interviewing for the OC position here next year and I asked you how you'd improve this underperforming offence, what would you say?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 27, 2018, 04:45:52 PM »

I'd say better quarterback play and some good old fashion luck, fool.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 27, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
Thank you, I'll let you get going for now Coach.
-------

Lolly, I'm ready to speak to Mr Kiss if he's available.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 27, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »

GM Dazz, it wasn't a sweet-sweet exit from the playoffs, but it was definitely a sweet season for our goals and objectives!

You made Chocolaty-Good on 4 out of our 5 goals, only failing to beat that nasty nasty GM Jon and Seattle.  but we were undefeated at home, which is OH SO SWEET!!

We were great on defense in points allowed!  We finished with a better record than we did last season, AND above all else, we finished ahead of those Salty bastards in New Jersey.

...Now go get you some rest, because after the Impact Bowl you have to get right back to work, because someone has to keep this chocolate-river stirring smoothly.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 27, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
I was just as disappointed with the playoff exit as you but I agree that season went well otherwise. It's very good to have your continued support, Mr Kiss.
------

Lolly, feel free to take off for your vacation. There's a lot to sort out when we get back after the Impact Bowl so make the most of this time off.

Lock in

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 28, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »

FINANCIAL INFORMATION:

We have $33.25MM available on the S11 Salary cap, We have $13.75MM Available in Bonus Pool Money

We have $6.25MM in Off-Season Bonus Money that will be forfeited if not spent prior to the start of the S11 Draft.

We have the following Open Roster Spots:

2 RB
1 FB
1 TE
2 WR
1 OG
1 DE
1 SS
1 P
3 FLEX

8 Minor League Roster Spots

1 AC (Optional)

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 29, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
Thank you for the information, Lolly. I hope you enjoyed your time off. Could you get Coach Thompson for me please?
--------

Coach, I've given things a lot of thought since our last conversation. You did well with the offence we asked you to play. We moved the ball very well but unfortunately we just weren't scoring enough points. I think we need a new approach on offence this season and I just don't think your style is going to work with the changes I want to make. I want to thank you for your service this past season but I'm afraid we're going to go in another direction for season 11.
-------
(If I'm not required to respond to Thompson and in the interest of speeding things up)

Lolly, could you get Dallas Prince for me please?
-------

Dallas, it's good to speak to you again. I'm surprised GM Eli hasn't retained your services this season but his loss is my gain, I hope. I like what you did with King Carmazzi and David Jordan in Cleveland. Carmazzi looks like a different QB here already. I was going to offer you the job of Assistant Coach here but I'm in need of a new Offensive Coordinator. I think part of our problem last season was that we were taking too many plays to get down field and that gave opportunities for the opposition to force turnovers. We have a young team here with a fantastic o-line, superstar RB, huge potential at WR and future stars at QB. I know the work you can do with a QB and you have a reputation for running a balanced, normal paced offence. What I'd like to know is how you would get the most out of the talent on this roster.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 29, 2018, 02:33:36 PM »

I think my system just lends itself to your rosters strengths.  We'll take shots down field, but not with reckless abandon. We'll run the ball, but not to the point of over-using our RBs and stalling the offense. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 29, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »
I should do my due diligence and interview other coaches but to be honest, that sort of balance that you talk about is what I think this team was missing towards the end of last season. We've worked together before, too, so we both know what to expect. I'd like to offer you the job for 3 years at $6m per year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 29, 2018, 03:58:47 PM »

I can't wait to get started!

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 29, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
Excellent stuff. I look forward to working with you once again. I'll get the paperwork sent in. Just 2 questions before I let you go. Would you be opposed to me bringing Hector Houser back as an assistant coach to help develop our WRs? Who is our starting QB in your initial opinion?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 29, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »

I love Hector Houser, he'd be a great member of our staff.   As for quarterback, I know King from our time together so I lean towards what I know, but Rizzo had a lot of buzz during GM Jon's time in DC, so I'm anxious to work with him and see what he's got to offer as well.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: September 30, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
Thank you Coach. Welcome to DC. I'm certain we'll do great things here.
-------

Lolly, could you please get Hector Houser for me?
-------

Hector, you had a great season again last year. It was just a shame to see it end with injury. I'm assuming that was a big part of why you decided to retire in the end. A real shame though, I think you had another 2 or 3 seasons left in you. Your experience in the locker-room was a huge benefit to us last season and I really don't want to lose that. I've already spoken to Coach Prince about you and he'd love to have you on his staff. Would you take a 3 year deal at $1m to stay here in DC as Assistant Coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 30, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
HE COUNTERS WITH 2MM PER SEASON

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 30, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »
OK, we can do that. I'm very glad to have you staying here in DC. Let's go finish what we started last season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 30, 2018, 04:57:18 PM »

I look forward to continuing my career right here in DC.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 16, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »
Lolly, could I speak to the agent for Joshua Elrod please?
-------

I'd like to offer a 3 year deal at $2m.