Author Topic: TEAM : DC COBRAS  (Read 83632 times)

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : DC COBRAS
« Reply #1900 on: July 26, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »
Fair enough. We'll live with it for now but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. I don't think there's anything else to discuss this week. Thank you, Coach.

Rotation: mostly starters
Run:pass ratio: 65:35
Tempo: Normal
Strategy changes: None

Extra training
King Carmazzi: film study 2hrs

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 26, 2018, 02:39:03 PM »
Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 29, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »
S10 WEEK 11

1. Talk us through this week's game. What went wrong?  What went right?

After a difficult road stretch it's good to have a few good wins on the bounce now that we're back at home. The fans have really gotten behind us and it's made a big impact on our performances and our season. Sitting at 5-3 two weeks ago did have me a little concerned, particularly as it came off the back of 2 consecutive losses. We're now 7-3 and tied for first in the division once again. We played very well out there this week, and we needed to against a team as good as Lincoln. As I said last week, I love what GM Wrong is doing over there in Lincoln and he's definitely building a team that will be competitive for years to come. When I looked at the schedule at the start of the season this is one of the games I had down as one of our toughest so to see us dominate the way that we did is even more satisfying. We got out to an early lead and controlled the tempo of the game from here. This game was won because of the way we were able to move the chains and by the way our defence managed to put pressure on their o-line and backs. We made a few adjustments to the way we defend a couple of weeks back and I think we started to see the results in this game.
As for what went wrong... not a lot really. Another fumble is a little disappointing and giving up a few big plays was a concern but that's the trade-off we're having to accept as part of our new approach. Overall I'm very happy with the way we played this week.

2. Talk about any news your team is involved in this week, as well as what other news stories stood out to you this week?

I don't want to fall out with the press but you lot are making that very difficult with the way you keep going after my star players. I heard those ridiculous questions you were asking Glass and I'm not surprised he walked out on you. It was almost as disrespectful as the outrageous claims about Sasser after the Seattle game. What's more, the attack on Glass just goes to show that there are members of the media who simply do not understand football or what it's like for elite players in this league and the pressure they're put under. What angers me even more, though, is that he didn't even have a bad game. In fact, I thought Glass performed well. 5 tackles and an intereception is a pretty good game for a CB in my view. Particularly when you also consider the injury to Moya during the game and the added pressure that put on the lads around him. People may point at Hodge's numbers in that game but let's face it, he's Michael Hodge. He's going to put up big numbers on anyone but, most importantly of all, Alfred Glass stopped him from scoring a single TD. I expect all of you to be more respectful in future if you want to continue to get access to my players.

The only other thing I want to talk about this week is the ludicrous contract given to the rookie this week. I don't care how good he might be in the future, if you want a contract like that you need to earn it through your performances on the field over an extended period. Again, you lot in the press are trying to inflate the market for 2nd year players by claiming that contract is going to change everything. It isn't. Teams have paid stupid money before, Seattle in previous years for example. It's nothing new and it won't change anything.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

We host Long Beach this coming week. They're in a difficult period at the moment having just sacked their GM and having traded away key assets. That doesn't make this an easy game. They still have some quality players there and each of them will be fighting for a place in the next GM's plans or for their escape routes. It's very easy to get complacent against teams in that position and that's going to be the thing we need to focus on most. We can't sleep on anyone. If we can go into the divisional games at 8-3 and on a 3 game winning streak we'll be set up very well to make the playoffs. Slip up here and it's 7-4 with momentum killed. We definitely have the ability to win this game but we have to make sure we want it more too.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 29, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »

Last game before divisional play kicks back off... time to crush Long Beach.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 30, 2018, 03:49:06 AM »
That's the plan. Cleveland are still very strong, St Paul are having their classic second half bounce and Michigan have some direction again now. Even with Milwaukee and New Jersey struggling it's still going to be vital to win this week to set ourselves up for a very tough run-in. That's made a little more difficult by losing Moya for the rest of the season. I don't think there's much point putting him on IR. tell me about Morrell. Will we need to change the system to accommodate him or can he slot into the man coverage we run?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: July 30, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »

Morrell is a good hand, he's been in my system for the past 3+ years now, and while he's not as dynamic, he's got the skills to play when called upon.  He's still developing into a well rounded FS, but he has a little bit of flexibility to him that I like.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: July 30, 2018, 01:34:22 PM »
That's very encouraging to hear. We'll just slot him in and keep doing what we're doing. Before I go to visit Moya at the hospital, I just wanted to ask some advice for the all star day. Ive picked all but one of our representatives. All I need to know now is who our fastest player is.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 30, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »

Either Chris Johnson or Alfred Glass.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 02, 2018, 03:30:36 AM »
Thanks Coach. I'll let you get back to work. No changes this week, other than Morrell for Moya of course.
------

Lolly, could you please send a message to Eric Moya for me? Let him know we're all devastated to see him get injured like that in his rookie year, that we're all wishing him a speedy recovery and that the lads are all determined to make sure he has some games to play in the postseason when he recovers. Also let him know I'll come visit next week after he's had the op and time with his family.

Finally, could you ask Larry Morrell to come and see me please.
------

Larry, take a seat. I'll try not to keep you long. As I'm sure you're aware, we're going to be starting you for the next 4,5,6 games. It was always a toss up between you and Eric for the starting spot at the start of the season anyway. The scouts said he had something special but Coach Farmer has been saying very positive things about you. I made the choice to go with Eric but these next games are your chance to prove me wrong and Coach right. I know you didn't want to get the opportunity this way but it's here now so I hope you take it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »

I'll play hard and give it everything I've got, like I always do. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
Excellent, I knew you would. Could you please take this sheet down to Coach Farmer when you head back.

Strategy changes: Morrell to FS1

Extra training

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 04, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
S10 WEEK 12 / 13

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

This week was a very good win for us. We finally turned our dominance into points and gained a convincing victory. Defensively we were very strong this week and put Long Beach under a lot of pressure. Keeping them to 3 third down conversions allowed us to take control and it set our offence up for the best performance of the season. Rizzo was almost flawless in his passing and Myers and Houser linked up brilliantly with him. Our run game was pretty much unstoppable, too with 3 TDs spread between 3 of our backs. It was good to see Carmazzi get out there for a few snaps and go 2 for 2 as well. Overall this was the kind of performance I've always known this team is capable of and I hope it will inspire the lads to the same again when we face our divisional rivals over the coming weeks. At 8-3 we're in a great position heading into the run-in.

2. What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges? 

It was something a bit different and a way for the players to show off. They seemed to have a lot of fun doing it and the fans seemed to enjoy it too. Beyond that I'd not read too much into it. I was just disappointed to see a few of the guys from the other teams taking the wrong approach to it and taking the whole thing far too seriously. Some ugly scenes out there that were simply uncalled for. I hope the GMs of those players are suitably embarrassed.

3. What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?

The game itself was excellent. A brilliant showcase for the league and one I thoroughly enjoyed. What I enjoyed even more was seeing our conference come out on top and the DC representatives showing the rest of the league how it's done. I do need to single out Larry Stevens though for his MVP performance. That's what we've been seeing from him week in and week out so I'm happy he was able to show those who don't watch DC football what they've been missing out on. To those fans I'd like to say that we have 5 more games to play this season so there's plenty of DC football left to watch.

4. With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?

The answer is the same this week as it was last time. I have no intention of calling anyone up and I won't have any the next time you ask either. These lads are in the development league in order to develop.

5. Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?

This week we travel to St Paul in what is going to be one of the toughest games of the season. GM Gooch is a great GM and once again he seems to have found a way to turn their season around. Their victory against the Scorpions, a team that was almost unbeatable so far, was very impressive. If we're able to slow down their run and keep our backs protected we've got a good chance of getting a very important win this week though. After a 4-1 start we needed to go 4-2 to give ourselves a shot at the playoffs. 3 wins should do it now but that's going to be tough against the teams in this division. Still, I don't think any of the others will be looking forward to playing us and we'll be aiming to win every game from here until our season ends.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 04, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
"What is your take on GM Eli and Ace Profits feud?  As a former Cleveland GM, did you ever encounter anything similar?"

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 06, 2018, 03:39:24 AM »
I don't want to say too much on this as I don't think it's my place to talk about my former teams. My name isn't Jon. What I will say is that's it's been very disappointing to see it all played out so publicly on Twitter. I think what we have here is a failure to communicate. you can't say either side of it comes out well. Owners shouldn't meddle in team affairs and shouldn't really be criticising players in public. At the same time, the GM and players need to show the owner the respect owed to their employer. I had a few disagreements with Mr Profits during my time working for him but you in the media never heard about them because they were handled in private. That's where they'll stay too.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 06, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

Smart answer..  The team is pumped that Larry won Defensive MVP of the All-Star game, but like always he's playing it off as a team effort..  Love that guy.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 06, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
That man is just pure class. A great example to the rest of the team.

I'm hoping we can carry that positivity into this next game. It's a huge one. If we can beat St Paul and Cleveland I think we have the division sewn up. That's definitely made more difficult without Herzog. I'm going to speak to Coach Thompson about that but I had a wild idea I wanted to run past you. How much of a stretch would it be for a LB to play TE?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 06, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »

That's definitely a wild idea, who were you thinking about?

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:49 AM »
Obviously we'll play Brooks at TE 1 but in the 2 TE formation I was thinking of using Schofield as the second TE. He has the closest build for a TE but how are his hands? Or is this just a terrible idea? My other thought was Taco Tipton.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 08, 2018, 08:32:24 AM »

It might just be a little too far outside the box. I don't think we can actually slot him in the depth chart there without changing his position.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 08, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »
Fair enough. We'll bin that idea then. Thank you Coach. I'll let you get back to it.
-----

Lolly, could I see Coach Thompson please?
-----

Coach, well done against Long Beach. The offence has looked more incisive lately so I'm hoping the changes we made on defence are paying off. Now, with Herzog out for the season we need cover at TE. Brooks obviously goes to TE 1 but do you like a RB or lineman as cover at TE2? I'm thinking Whaley, Schiller or Broyles.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: August 08, 2018, 11:09:44 PM »

I think of all of them fools, Whaley would be the best.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 10, 2018, 03:56:06 AM »
We'll do that then. Thanks Coach.

Strategy changes: Brooks to TE1, Whaley to TE2

Extra training

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 26, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
S10 WEEK 14

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

That was ugly. It definitely didn't live up to the prime time scheduling. Neither team could get any offence going and the defences were on top for both sides. In the end the difference came down to St Paul converting their limited offence into TDs while we didn't. With the money GM Gooch has pumped into defensive playmakers this season it was only a matter of time before it clicked. He's a great GM and has once again turned around their season after a poor start. If he could get a full season from his players they'd be at another level. I'm sure Adidas or or some other sponsors will get the credit though.
Looking at our own performance, this is the first time I have genuinely been disappointed with our offence and Rizzo in particular. It just wasn't good enough. These are the games that make great QBs though. I know he'll have learned a lot from it and will be better for the experience.

2. Talk about anything interesting you around the league...

Two things really. The first is Srattle and GM Jon. Since he started sticking his nose into our business and started claiming I was ruining his team do you know how his record has gone? Played 5, lost 5... all star game included. Maybe he needs to worry more about the GM ruining his current team.
The other thing I wanted to talk about was this ridiculous view that the West is superior to the East. In the SW you already have 2 teams guaranteed playoff spots whereas both Eastern divisions are locked in 3 way ties for top spot. I'm a GM who has worked in both and the stats speak for themselves.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

New Jersey have had a tough year and GM Kirk has been making sweeping changes almost every week. We may be expected to win but they just came off a good win against a Michigan team that has improved since the return of Powers. Winning this game is going to be very important. Partly because it'll mean getting the double over Kirk (which will feel great). Mostly a win will mean a firm step towards the playoffs. Win this game and New Jersey can't catch us. If Michigan lose they'll not be able to either. That's what this game means, a place on the playoffs .

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 27, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »

An ugly offensive performance that left us hanging..

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 28, 2018, 02:59:07 AM »
Absolutely. That was horrible. I'm stunned by that performance really. We are much better than that. I've not seen the offensive line struggle like that before. There's just so much that went wrong I don't know where to start.
Let's talk about New Jersey instead. I don't see much to worry about from their defence but that new QB of theirs looks like a real player and he's linking well with DGB. That's a worry. Do we stick to the man coverage we've been usung or should we go more conservative to try and contain?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 28, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »

Going into a more zone based defense could give us more chances to intercept them, considering Glass and Stevens ball skills, but if we can't generate pressure from the defensive line, we'll be hard pressed to combat the combo of the run and pass they deploy.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 30, 2018, 03:22:34 AM »
You make a very good point there. We can't let Kirk's new toy distract us from the weapons New Jersey already have. The defence didn't play badly last week they just got let down.by some poor offensive play. We'll carry on with what's been working for us in recent weeks.
I do want to ask you about Anthony McLaughlin though. I brought him in because I know he's capable of breaking through into the backfield and causing chaos for RBs and QBs. Since he's arrived he hasn't really lived up to expectations. He's not playing badly but he's not quite the playmaker he should be. Do you have any ideas why? Are we doing something drastically different from what he was used to in Cleveland?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 31, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »

Coach Blitzer and I run two very different defenses, but McLaughlin has tied his career high in sacks that he set last year, which he has done in two less games than he played last season. His tackles and TFL's are down, but a big part of that is that Larry Stevens accounts for so many tackles.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 01, 2018, 04:08:30 AM »
The Larry Stevens effect, I see. Thanks for explaining. I'm currently trying to decide who I want partnering Johnson next season so that definitely helps. I'll let you prepare for New Jersey but I'll be down to speak to the lads before they get on the bus.
-----

Lolly, could I see Coach Thompson please?
-----

Coach, that was the first time I've been unhappy with our offensive performance. For me the jury is still out on Rizzo. It's these games where you need your QB to step up and take control but I just didn't see that. What do you make of him and how does he compare to what you've seen from Carmazzi so far?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 01, 2018, 03:55:29 PM »

They both seem pretty similar to me, Rizzo has some athletic advantages, but as a passer, Carmazzi still has one of the prettiest throws in the game fool!  Just waiting on him to put it together in a game situation, but in practice he still shows the potential to be a star.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 02, 2018, 03:22:52 AM »
Dependant on us reaching the playoffs by then I'm going to pencil in Milwaukee as a game for Carmazzi to start, possibly Michigan as well. I'm tempted to put him straight in now but I don't want to cause too much disruption and Rizzo has earned some breathing room. i do think that what we're doing is right so we'll keep on as we have been. I'll come down to practice with you to give a rousing speech.
------

Lads, gather round. This week it's New Jersey. That should be all the motivation you need. The added bonus is getting to knock them out of the Playoff picture.

------

Extra training

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 05, 2018, 03:32:55 AM »
S10 WEEK 15

Before we start I want to address these rumours floating around about Corey Rizzo and King Carmazzi. It's true that King has been working hard in the film room and we're very pleased with his progress. That said, Corey Rizzo is our number 1. He played a solid game this week and has done well for us all season.

1. Who was your star player this week? Who disappointed?

Obviously the star player this week was MVP candidate Larry Stevens. The man is a beast and the heart of this organisation. I was also pleased with what I saw from the entire LB corps. We played well defensively until that 53 yard rushing TD. Offensively we were less impressive but you know by now that I don't single people out publicly.

2. How would you evaluate your team over the last few weeks?

We've been disappointing, there's no escaping that. However, take the scoreboard away and we've been competitive against St Paul and New Jersey. We just need a bit more luck, to look after the ball better andvto convert yards into points.

3. With three games remaining, what is the plan to end the season on a high note?

The plan is to win the remaining 3 games. My minimum target every year is 11 wins. We fall short of that and it has to be seen as failure. We're perfectly capable of doing it and the momentum gained would be a huge boost going into the playoffs.

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

We need to patch up our wounded defence and make sure we put Caleb under pressure in the back field. With our secondary as banged up as it is we can't let him get comfortable. Beyond that, we need to score points and we need to stop dropping the damn ball.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 05, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »

It's never a good day after a loss to those guys in New Jersey.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 05, 2018, 03:56:22 PM »
Not in the slightest. It's a terrible feeling knowing our fans are having to suffer abuse from their New Jersey supporting colleagues on the Monday morning. What's more frustrating though is that we had a chance to take a big step towards the playoffs while knocking the Dragons out of contention and we capitulated instead. What is going on with this offence? We have the players to dominate games and yet we're struggling to score points. At this stage we need to win all of the remaining games and I want to make sure we're in the best position to do that. Is Rizzo the QB to do that for us?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 05, 2018, 04:18:35 PM »

I think part of our problem is we lack a real dynamic offensive mind on the coaching staff.  Outside of that, I do not know about Rizzo.  I was here with him last year, and while he hasn't regressed, it's a question of if he is going to improve or just maintain the status quo. 

I'm just not that qualified to give you a great answer, and I don't know if we have the coach on the staff to really do that.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: September 05, 2018, 04:30:37 PM »
That is a concern I have too but I don't think this is the right time for that conversation. How do you rate AC Brewster as a coach? I need to decide if it's worth keeping him on next year or whether to bring in a specialist QB coach to take his role.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 05, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »

I believe he is a fine coach, but I feel that our offensive line is strong with or without him, so he has little value to our current team.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 05, 2018, 05:25:58 PM »
That's what I was thinking too. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would benefit from his assistance though. While we're talking about coaches, how is your working relationship with Coach Door?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 05, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »

Coach Door is a solid defensive mind, however I am beginning to think that a younger coordinator would be better, someone I could mentor and work with so that our philosophies mesh better across the board.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 06, 2018, 02:38:03 AM »
That's definitely an idea I'll give a lot of thought to. For now though, With you still being new to the HC role I'd rather you had an experienced DC to help ease the load on that side. I like Coach Door as a coach and i think the two of you have built a good defence here together this year. With a good off-season I think we could get below 21 points allowed per game. I'm not sure we're far off that already.
It's a vitally important game this week so I'll let you get back to preparing for it. There won't be any system changes but we'll probably move some personnel around. Thank you Coach.
------

Lolly, could I see Coach Door please?
------

Coach, these injuries in the secondary have hit crisis point now. Me being me, I have some wild ideas about how to handle the Cleveland game. If we:
Move Stevens to play SS,
Play Zepeda at MLB,
Have Lucas Johnson cover at CB3,
Move Schofield to RLB and,
Play Tipton as cover at LB4,
Would it go horribly wrong? Do any of those ideas have any merit? Obviously we'd only make those changes if the normal starters couldn't play.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 06, 2018, 11:50:51 AM »

That could possibly be the slowest defensive unit ever assembled, but I'm intrigued to see how it would fare.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 06, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »
We potentially only have 1 healthy safety and 2 healthy CBS so I'm not sure what other options we have. We know Stevens has great hands and get around the field so that's why I thought it might be worth trying him in the secondary against Smoak. Jeffries and Blais obviously move up a slot without Glass which leaves us needing cover at nickel. Tipton isn't the answer there but he might make a decent run stuffing/blitzing LB if we needed the cover.
How would you have approached the problem before my crazy suggestion?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 06, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »

For starters, I'd always roster a 4th Corner.  So I think if I was the boss, I'd cut a QB, cut Keaton, and then sign some free agents off the street.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 06, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
That might work too. I'll look into it. Thanks Coach.
-------

Lolly, do you know which agent is representing the Aussie lads?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 07, 2018, 03:02:06 AM »

I believe it is Bobby Shapiro, sir.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 07, 2018, 03:21:20 AM »
Thank you Lolly. Could you get Anthony Campanelli for me please.
--------

Mr Campanelli, thank you for speaking to me. I wanted to discuss your player SS Daniel Bauman. My current reports show him as a free agent, which surprised me. Would he take a 2 year deal at $500k to come and play in DC?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 08, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »

POSITION   #   NAME   AGENT
FS   34   Randolph Scully   EH
FS   31   Rob O'Shea   EH
FS   28   Robert Brinkman   JTC
FS   42   Chris Robinson   JTC
FS   33   Vernon Tavares   AM
FS   27   Richard Higgs   DA
FS   26   Mathew Ashley   DH
FS   27   Lee Kendall   JTC

POSITION   #   NAME   AGENT
SS   30   Lawrence Cantrell   JTC
SS   22   Russell Allen   AM
SS   27   Andrew Thomas   SR
SS   48   Harold Tackett   EH
SS   25   Barney Phillips   DH
SS   27   Laurence Wimberly   AM
SS   21   James Williams   JTC
SS   27   Thomas Raynor   SF

Here're are all available free agent safeties

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 08, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »
Thank you for the update, Lolly. Please pass on my apologies to Mr Campanelli for wasting his time and then get James T Crain for me.
-------

Mr Crain, I am reliably informed that your client FS Robert Brinkman is currently available. Would he accept a 2 year contract at $500k?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 08, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »
DEAL

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 08, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
Excellent, a pleasure as always.
--------

Strategy changes: Robert Brinkman to FS 3 in all formations