Author Topic: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE  (Read 118051 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE
« Reply #2850 on: March 19, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »

Yes sir, See you soon my man.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 20, 2018, 02:54:48 PM »
Thanks for seeing me James.

--

Darlene can you get me on the line with James T. Crain please?

Mr. Crain I'd like to sign your client WR Odis Raines to a 2yr deal worth 250k.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 20, 2018, 02:58:49 PM »
DEAL

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 20, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »
Excellent, thank you.

--

Darlene can you get Eli Harris on the line please?

--

Mr. Harris, we're interested in your client FS Randolph Scully, I'd like to sign him to a 2yr, 250k deal.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: March 20, 2018, 03:20:31 PM »
DEAL

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: March 20, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
Excellent, pleasure as always.

--

Lastly Darlene before the lock in can you get me in touch with Anthony Campanelli please?

--

Mr. Campanelli I'd like to sign your client OT Christopher Hogan to our minor league affiliate Gainesville Manatees on a 2yr, 250k deal.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: March 20, 2018, 03:27:59 PM »
DEAL

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: March 20, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »
Excellent, thank you.

--

We're ready for the lock in.

Depth Chart Changes: Xavier Best [WR1], Joseph Hickson [WR2], Terry Werner [WR3], Odis Raines [WR4], James Wiese [Inactive]

The rest is Coach's Decision.

LOCK IN

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: March 23, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"Very excited to win the 'Florida Cup' against Miami. They're a very underrated team that we had to execute in all areas to get that win and I was very impressed with our performance. I have to give a huge credit to OC Harris and HC Buyers as well as WR Joseph Hickson on getting him involved in the offense and to contribute the way he did week one is very exciting to see. I think our run defense could have done a better job allowing two running backs to average over 5 yards a carry but the defense tightened up when they needed too and helped us secure the win."

2. How do you feel about the emergence of the Alliance of American Football and the XFL?

"I mean any time our talent pool shrinks it's going to be annoying but to be honest with you the more competition the better. Not only that but the HiFL will remain the premier league to play football in and I think more of these guys that can land on HiFL rosters after college they can develop in the new league and when they're ready to make the jump we'll have more developed talent long run...it's just going to be the initial purge of talent that's going to be annoying. I'm hoping for a healthy relationship between the two leagues."

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

"I've been keeping my eye on Alabama as they too are 3-0 and seeing their pass defense struggle is only going to play into our favour when we play them this season. There is still lots of football to play and the division is still far from decided but if it's gonna be a slug fest between us and Alabama I'm very excited for when we cross paths. That being said, we're fully focused on Atlanta this week and improving our record to 4-0."

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

"We have Atlanta this week and I know with us travelling into their backyard they're going to be gunning to be the first team to put a blemish on our record. Adding Pitts at the beginning of the season has made their offense a little more dangerous but if we go there and execute the way we have to start the season there's no reason to expect anything less than victory. It's gonna be a good challenge."

--

Very nice result coach, excellent to see Hickson come in mid week and put up the kinda game he had...on the outside none the less....I can only imagine when we get Wiese back how dangerous that corps is going to be, and having the bragging rights of the Florida Cup to have something tangible for what we already knew, that Florida is Stampede country.

How do you think we matchup against Atlanta? Their offense can certainly do some damage...but I think our defense matchups fairly week. Their pass D has been strong...do you think this is a case we try and run the ball a little more or trust Merv with Best and Hickson?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 23, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

I trust the General to get the job done, but I do think a slight increase in running the ball may prove beneficial. 

I hear the boys are pretty fired up to have the beautiful trophy in the locker room, hopefully it's just the first of many pieces of hardware we bring home this year.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: March 23, 2018, 03:17:37 PM »
Right on, we'll adjust the game play appropriately.

And you guys deserved it, dating back to last season when we got healthy again were 7-0....I know we're not really being talked about in the media and stuff like that but we know what we have here and the trophy is just a taste.

We'll be in touch again at the lock in unless you have any questions for me Coach.

If not could you send up OC Jerry Harris please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: March 23, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »

Hey GM Cory, what's up?

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: March 23, 2018, 09:33:01 PM »
Jerry I'd like to get your feedback on the two new wide receivers we added last week in Hickson and Raines. I know it's only been a short time with them, but from what you can tell do you feel Hickson could be a player worth looking at long term here in Orlando? As for Raines, we took a flier on him do you think he has a shot to stay on the roster or is he more minor league talent?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »

...eh, Raines is just kind of a bench body.. As for Hickson, he's a solid receiver, I don't see him as an elite #1, but he has a place as a stater now, and in the future.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: March 24, 2018, 12:33:45 PM »
Alright thanks for your input Coach, the offence has been off to a hot start this season...excellent job on that. Good luck this week!

If you have no questions for me, can you send Coach Ryder up here for me?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:14 AM »

What is it son?

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »
Hey Coach, just wanted to compliment you on how well the secondary has been playing....a new scheme or playbook will sometimes see bumps in the road but everything has been relatively smooth so far.

I wanted to ask you about our pass rush however...in terms of box score we're averaging about a sack and a half a game to start the season, whereas say by comparison our opponents are closer to 3. Do you think it's been a matter of the o-lines we've been seeing, Cavanaugh working on getting chemistry back after missing camp, getting pressure but not the sacks or some combination of those factors?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 25, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »

Most likely, I'd say a little bit of all of that. 

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 25, 2018, 08:27:26 PM »
Well lets hope we can continue to ride the rest of the defence and the pass rush comes into its own sooner than later.

Also, we added a new safety last week Randolph Scully as some depth, its early but how do you rate him? You think there's much there in terms of development or is he more of a minor league player?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 25, 2018, 09:44:46 PM »

I need to see a little more of him before I decide hoss.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
Fair enough Coach, thanks for your time...good luck this week, got a good test in Atlanta.

Could you do me a favour and ask Coach Buyers to see me to discuss the lock in?

--

Coach, I'm ready for the lock in just wanted to know what our current base offense was at for pass/run play calling so we could adjust the focus on the run this week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 26, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »

Currently:

1st and 10 - 60% pass
1st and short - 40% pass
1st and long - 85% pass
2nd and Short - 50/50
2nd and Long - 65% pass
3rd and Short - 30% pass
3rd and Long - 100% pass
4th and Short - 30% pass
4th and Long - 100% pass
Goal Line - 45% pass
leading with 2mins to play - 25% pass
trailing with 2mins to play - 95% pass

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: March 26, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Alright, thank you. Here will be our lock in this week.

1st and 10 - 50% pass
1st and short - 30% pass
1st and long - 85% pass
2nd and Short - 40 % pass
2nd and Long - 55% pass
3rd and Short - 30% pass
3rd and Long - 100% pass
4th and Short - 30% pass
4th and Long - 100% pass
Goal Line - 40% pass
leading with 2mins to play - 10% pass

The rest will be Coaches decision. Get after it this week.

LOCK IN

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 02, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »

"Excellent showing from our guys, it's always reassuring that we can go into a competitive, rival environment on the road and get a win. Atlanta is a strong side but I believe we're playing at a level right now that the only team that can beat Orlando is Orlando. We're going to find out if that's true this week against Bama but on the Atlanta game we altered our gameplan a bit and it paid dividends. Credit to Merv who has been simply outstanding this season and Ryan Cochran for grabbing defensive player of the game honors..he made plays all over the field and got a very valuable turnover. All three phases of executed."

2. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most so far this season?

"I was honestly surprised how well built the Charlotte team is for their first season in the league, I knew when they were drafting players we had targeted during the draft over and over again that they we're doing something right. I think they're the top expansion team in the league this season, and with their two game win streak they're starting to find some chemistry."

3. With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and who on your team is most responsible for your current standing?

"Absolutely. 4-0, 8 game win streak dating back to last season. We've got to be the least talked about undefeated team in the league and honestly I couldn't relish in that reputation anymore. I didn't see a la-z-boy sticker on our logo, not sure why people are sleepin' on us but it's fine. It's early in the season, we know what we have in this building and we're looking forward to a competitive game this week. It's a team effort, anytime you guys try and get me to lay sole responsibility on one player for better or for worse it isn't going to happen. Our defense is playing much better than last season, offensively we're improved in most areas and are managing Weise's injury...and it always helps with your QB is playing at an elite level and that's exactly what Merv is doing...maybe the best football we've seen from him. We continue to protect him, keep him upright...good things will happen."

4. What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams' most improved?

"We've been lucky to have not faced any "flip of a coin" type losses this season like we had last year where a completely uncharacteristic miscue on special teams or other team heroics have cost us...but with the loss of James Weise....he was on fire and he'll have to wait a few more weeks until he can start going off again but losing James has been unfortunately for him more importantly, but also to the team. Our most improved, a few guys but I really think Justin Holt has taken his game to another level....he was already one of the stars on our defense but he looks like a different kinda beast out there this season."

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

"A road game in Alabama is always one of, if not THE toughest trips we have to take every season and they're a very good football team once again. Well rounded on both sides of the ball and they posses one of the better rushing attacks in the league with Robles and Ortega...their QB already in my time here in the HiFL has ran up and down the field on us, so containing the run is going to be the toughest, and top priority for us. They're coming off a loss so they'll be looking to avenge that against us and try and get on level terms for first in the division, but I know our guys have had this game circled on their calendars since the schedule came out and we're ready to go to Bama and beat them in their backyard."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 08, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »

Well, after 4 games it would look like our biggest weakness is being middle of the pack in running the ball and in the bottom 4th of the league (22nd) against the run.  Our pass attack and defense has been stellar, and we're scoring points at a good clip, so I think it's been a successful start to the year.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 08, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
Surprising to see that we're just middle of the pack for rushing....I personally haven't had any issues with how we've ran the ball this season. Merv has been our go to between the 20s and Crawford has finished off a bunch of drives in the red zone for us. We don't have the two headed attack that it seems a lot of teams are using now a days and that will be something we'll keep an eye on this offseason.

However our struggles against the run, especially this week is paramount we figure it out or gameplan to stop Robles and Ortega.

On paper you would think we'd be average at least against stopping the run...our front 7 has some playmakers, why do you think we've struggled there? Is it teams trying to avoid testing our secondary so they alter their gameplans to focus on the run more?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 11, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »

I think a big part of it was that Charlotte and Miami both ran the ball a ton of times.. We shut down Sullivan's pass attack and when we faced Miami it was Irvin getting the start so they ran it 38 times.  I'm totally fine giving up 170 rushing per week as long as we continue to give up less than 200 yards per game passing.  Especially when we are racking up the 3rd most yards per game in the league offensively, and our 32 points per game is going to win far more than it loses, if we hold serve.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 11, 2018, 03:36:28 PM »
Do you think we'd benefit this week but adjusting the game plan to stop the run primarily and force Ortega to win the game with his arm against our talented secondary, or roll with what's got us to 4-0?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 12, 2018, 12:51:23 PM »

If it wasn't a team deploying Tibbetts and Dobbins at WR, I'd be all for stacking up and challenging them, but those are two all-time greats at WR, I don't want to roll the dice and lose our momentum.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 12, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
Noted coach, thanks for your input, I'll let you get back to work.

Could you send Joseph Sauer up here?

--

Joseph, excellent start to the season..3 straight games with a sack is very impressive for a rookie. How do you feel you've been settling in now with Cavanaugh?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: April 14, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »

It's been great so far man, learning from a legend like M.C.  Just trying to pick his brain on the daily.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 14, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
That's excellent to hear Joseph, our pass rush seems to be improving as the season goes on and I just wanted to let you know I've been very impressed with your game so far this season. Thanks for stopping in, Good luck this week.

---

Darlene could you send Justin Holt up here please?

---

Hey Justin, what a start to the season man...I know all the coaches said you looked like you found another level this offseason but it's really showing on the field. Our secondary has been the strength of our defense this season and we have a big matchup this week against Alabama and stopping their offense. How are the guys feeling ahead of this week's matchup?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 15, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »

Confidence is at an all-time high.. We're ready to dismantle and pluck the feathers off of the Nighthawks and show them that their time at the top of the food chain is OVER.  The Stampede is comin' through and taking NO prisoners!

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 15, 2018, 08:59:51 PM »
That's what I love to hear Justin, damn I'm pumped now. Let's hit the lock in now and go to war this week!

--

Return our offensive strategy to our default base:

1st and 10 - 60% pass
1st and short - 40% pass
1st and long - 85% pass
2nd and Short - 50/50
2nd and Long - 65% pass
3rd and Short - 30% pass
3rd and Long - 100% pass
4th and Short - 30% pass
4th and Long - 100% pass
Goal Line - 45% pass
leading with 2mins to play - 25% pass

The rest coaches decision.

LOCK IN!

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: May 19, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

"What a game. Orlando has been starved of primetime matchups and credit to Alabama for going to war and putting on a classic. Offensively Merv was exceptional, 5 touchdown passes and the way the WR corps is gelling with Hickson being a late addition is a complete credit to our coaches and Joseph for putting in the extra work. Defensively Cavanaugh was unbelievable, I think he got an award coming his way this week and man did he earn it. Alabama is always going to bring a run-heavy offense, but when it came time to throw it that's where we knew we could take advantage and credit to the defense for hanging in there and making plays when needed.

I'm Very proud of everyone in that locker room, that's a huge win and has set the tone for this team for the season."

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

"Kansas City this week and they have a very talented QB in Marcus Mariota who can certainly present problems for our defensive unit. Efficient passer that can scramble if need be but I feel our secondary will be up for that challenge and our pass rush is heating up at the right time. I think for us Offensively it's a game we should feel confident in. Merv is on fire right now and will look to continue to light the scoreboard up in front of our home fans.

Far too many teams get comfortable after a big win like we had this week and a team that's better than their record can come into town and steal a victory. I expect to see the best the Bruins have to offer and I expect our team to go out there and show why we've earned every bit of our 5-0 record. It'll be a good one."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: May 20, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »

That was a great win... 42 first half points. You can't ask for more.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05:19 PM »
and we pulled Merv to get Hillard some reps, it could have been worse. Merv is playing every bit like a $24 million player and Mario Cavanaugh looks to be ready to breakout. Our run game and 3rd down conversions weren't particularly appealing, 2.7 yards per carry for Crawford and 1/7 on 3rd down....but it's tough to nitpick on what was overall a fantastic win though Coach, great job to you and your staff.

Mariota and the Bruins this week, I think with how our offense is rolling we should feel confident against anybody, but how do you think we matchup defensively again Kansas City?