Author Topic: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE  (Read 131150 times)

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE
« Reply #2900 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
Alright, we'll try that out this week. Thanks for your input Coach, I'll let you get back to practice.

--

Change Blitz Ratio to 30%

The rest is Coaches decision.

LOCK IN!

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 08, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"It was a shootout and unfortunately that was probably the only style of game that would have given the Bruins a chance, and they took it. Offensively we played very well, but our special teams gave them lots of great starting field position and our defense struggled. I said at the end of the press conference last week this was going to be a real test and hopefully was a wakeup call to everyone on this team, myself included that anyone can beat anyone here in the HiFL, doesn't matter if you're 5-0 or 2-3."

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

"I'd like to congratulate Merv Patton for winning offensive player of the week, back to back week we've had one of our players recognized around the league. I know Merv would be the first one to tell you he'd much rather the victory this week than an individual award but even in defeat, Merv was simply sensational."

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

"Always operate within your budget, there's always a GM or two that come trade deadline or free agency boom period use the wrong figures and end up in trouble with the league. Attention to detail is something all GM's could do better, especially myself with an error or two this off-season but it's really paramount here in the HiFL."

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

"I tend to go with positional groups at the showcase. I like to operate within the framework of our team. By understanding our strengths and weaknesses on the depth chart and forecasting the upcoming free agency period to determine exactly what areas we want to improve upon from the draft specifically, but also finding out what positions possess a deeper talent pool for the upcoming draft that can help us set up our potential free agency targets."

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

"Reflection. We lost a close game to a very dangerous Bruins team and we're still 5-1, but it always is a shot to the ego when you lose your first game. We're going to get a few days of rest and recovery but we also get a week of this loss motivating this team to never feel like this again. We'll be eager when we can take the field next and bounce back."

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 11, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »

It's a shame that we put up one of our best offensive weeks and came up empty..  Best and Patton are really clicking right now, but Holiday found a weakness and managed to exploit it for some big plays.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 11, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »
I'd rather get this reality check sooner than later. What was the main weakness you though Holiday exploited?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

He just had a speed and strength advantage over Logue and found a way to shake him on the routes.  Just something we couldn't really fix once the game started going.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 14, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
Brandon is a vet, I'm sure he'll be able to bounce back and look to have a strong game after the bye. We'll have Vegas at home, it'll be a good one.

If you have no questions for me, could you send Merv up here please Coach?

---

Merv one hell of a game last week, sad we couldn't get the victory but we can't get hung up over one loss. Congratulations on Offensive Player of the Week as well, very much deserved.

Still, plenty of positives to take, one being your chemistry leading the offense. How does the locker room feel coming off that loss?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 14, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »

We're never happy to lose, but we know we lost to a great team and we also know we might get a chance to pay them back for that loss later this year.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
I'm glad to hear the guys have that kind of attitude, plus we'll have Weise back sooner than later and putting him with Best and Hickson who you're lighting it up with....we have even bigger things ahead.

Thanks for stopping in Merv, enjoy the bye week.

Could you send Coach Ryder up here, please?

--

That was a rough game Coach, well rough first half. Your unit turned things around in the second half and we can hopefully build off that as we get ready to take on Vegas next week. I wanted to get your assessment on Francois Bowles so far this season. Last year he was our most promising defensive player and this year outside of Week 3 vs Miami he's struggled to show up on the box score and as we saw last week his depth, Elmer Turner appears to be getting more involved leading the team with 7 tackles..which has been the case on a few occasions this season.

I'm all for getting more out of our roleplayers but Elmer has been more of a special teamer than leading the team in tackles kind of player. Especially for defensive backs it's not always going to show up in the box score but Bowles seems especially quiet.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »

Francois has been banged up a lot this year. His shoulder has bothered him, his knees have banged around a little bit... so he's had a few less reps during games, but its never been enough to show up on the injury report officially..   Mix that with a little case of the sophomore slumps and you've got a stat line that doesn't reflect the talent we know we have.  As for Turner, he has upped his reps this year both with filling in for Bowles, but also doing some sub package work at Free Safety too, since he's our 3rd best safety overall.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »
That's a little more reassuring to hear, let's hope he can put it into gear and get back to 100%. We're counting on him.

Thanks for stopping in Coach, I appreciate it. Enjoy the bye.

--

Darlene could you get Coach Harris for me, please?

--

Coach Harris, sucks to lose that one but if we had to take a positive out of it, our offense looked scary in the second half...and we're very close to getting Weise back. I just wanted to ask you about our rookies on the OL, C Delmar Kane and OT Antoine Smith. It's never easy for a rookie to start at OL let alone two, but they both seem to be holding their own. How do you rate their start to the season, and where do you see their ceilings being?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »

COACH STARES IN HORROR AS MAXIMUS CROWE DRAGS A BATTERED GM LUCAS ACROSS HIS FEET, STAINING HIS LEATHER SHOES WITH BLOOD.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »
Guess you can't fix stupid, and to piss THAT guy off?

Jesus what a mess.

You good Coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 23, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »

...wow, yeah, I'm good now. 

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 23, 2018, 11:03:47 PM »
So yeah Coach as I was saying, Delmar Kane and Antoine Smith both have settled in nicely as rookie starters on our OLine, but how do you view their ceilings? I ask that as with the Rookie Showcase there looks to be some strong lineman in this year's class but if both of those guys can continue to grow we may need to look elsewhere with our earlier picks than addressing the OL right away.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: June 24, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

I think both Smith and Kane are going to keep getting better, I see them both as long term solutions for us on the line.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: June 26, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »
That's encouraging to hear Coach. I'll let you go get cleaned up from that.....situation. See you after the bye.

--

Move Blitz Ratio back to 40%

The rest coaches decision.

LOCK IN

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: June 30, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »

"A tough loss, makes it two in a row after going quite a few weeks undefeated. It's a reality check, for me to the coaches to every one of those players. You can't expect to play like we did against a team like Vegas and expect to win the game. It sucks that in back to back weeks we've dropped games at home...those are ones you expect to get that little bit of an edge in and even with the crowd behind our guys we've fallen flat. It's unacceptable for people to spend their hard earned money and see a game like that. Offensively we were poor but credit to our defense for keeping us in that game."

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

"I'm really just focused on what's going on within this building guys, we're 0-2 and don't have the luxury to be worrying about whats going on around the league but it's hard not to see the Crowe saga and feel some sort of empathy for the guy, having to move onto the XFL because of the utter incompetence of GM Lucas."

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

"I enjoyed it and believe it's an excellent addition to the league. The most information and feedback that we can get on the college prospects the better it'll help the GM's prepare for the draft. We've drafted pretty well if I do say so myself since I've been here in Orlando but the more information the better and my scouting team and I took a lot away from this weekend."

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

"Idol hands are the devils workshop is a saying my grandmother used to say and I think some of the GM's who weren't taking the full opportunity of the showcase or resting up on their bye felt like they HAD to do something with the free time and we saw the results of that, most notably an ass-whoppin' at the College Showcase."

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

"I'll assess if a change of personnel would benefit the squad or not. We have a few talented prospects on the Manatees but I won't make a move just for the sake of making a move....that's what got a few GMs in hot water during the bye week."

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

"We need a win and to start to get our momentum back. St. Paul seems as if they've gained all the momentum that we've lost and they have some very talented players but it's about time we start to perform again and I think we'll all reflect on ourselves and these last three weeks and correct our problems. The way we're playing right now is simply not good enough."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: July 01, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »

From one tough defense to another..  We've got to get it going this week.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: July 01, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
It looks like Wiese won't be ready to go just yet either which stings, we're just going to have to hope Merv can make a few WOW plays against the Lynx. Do you see any area we could exploit?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: July 01, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »

While they are talented as a unit, they have been vulnerable to the big play at times. As great as he is, Maxley gambles for the turnover, so it is going to come down to Xavier Best being able to make some plays when we need it..  Outside of that, their offense has been hit or miss, if we can rock them early then I think we can take them to task.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: July 02, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »
Big plays have been one of our specialties this season, let's hope we can execute them. I'll let you get back to practice coach, if you have no questions for me could you send Xavier Best up here, please?

--

Xavier, fantastic start to the season for you...last week was kinda a tough one for everyone on the offense but excluding that you and Merv have been lethal for most of the season. This week against a very stingy Lynx defense we're going to need you to be the big time playmaker you've been most of your career. Getting out of this two-game slump is more than likely going to fall on you and Merv punishing the Lynx secondary.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: July 02, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »

I'm up for a challenge.  Lets make it happen.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
Good Luck this week Xavier.

--

We're ready to lock in.

No Changes.

LOCK IN

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: July 13, 2018, 01:07:49 PM »

"An excellent team win, a win we needed and a win over a very good team. The Lynx have one of the best defenses in the league and we were effective but more importantly, we got back to being efficient. A great defensive touchdown from Holt and excellent day in the kicking department got this win in the bag and we're sitting at 6-2 at the top of the division.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

"We've had some breakout players and our elite players playing to that elite level, Merv in particular but with the James Wiese injury we brought Hickson in via trade and he's been everything we've needed and more, but I'd like to applaud Terry Werner for the kind of stretch he's had since the injury, over 400 yards I believe and some big 3rd down receptions. We brought him in via free agency a few years ago and kinda went under the radar but he's shown his value and has helped us get to 6-2. Defensively I never want to hold injuries against a player and that's why we haven't seen the best out of Francois Bowles but he's been battling out there through some minor injuries and we're all looking for him to get 100% and back to the level he was playing at last season."

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

"I feel motived to keep things going. I think we have all the talent and drive to win the division and make the playoffs even with Miami and Charlotte halfway through the season looking very good. Our offense has been one of the more prolific ones in the league and with Mr. Adores wanting a top 10 offense we've been every bit of that and more...I just want to see our very best offense come at home in front of our home fans a little more and it'll start this week!"

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

"I wouldn't say this if I didn't think he couldn't handle the pressure but I firmly believe Merv Patton has been playing at a level that he needs to get more respect from around the league. You turn on ESPN or look on Bleacher Report and it's Merv is an efficient passer, Merv is protective of the football. Those are buzzwords used for a game manager at QB and Merv has broken records this season, he's made everyone on offense around him better especially in the face of injury and he's the leader behind our 6-2 start. As for underperformer, Anthony Smith in DC. What's he at, only 70 some pancakes? I would have expected over 100 by this point in the season...haha what a player man."

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

"Charlotte has been a team I've rated all season long and their 5-3 record, 3-0 home record is very impressive. We played them earlier in the year and we saw just how much potential they have. This has been a division ever since I've been here was Orlando vs Bama, but you're seeing a lot more depth to the division and Charlotte have been impressive."

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

"We're always open for business but being at 6-2, expecting to get James Wiese back I'm not going to make a move for the sake of making a move. We acquired Hickson earlier in the season and we've seen the production there and I'm excited to see our WR corps at full strength, so It's not like we have been quiet on the open market but we'll only make a move when I'm certain it will make a significant impact."

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

"I think it is fair. We've benefitted during that Cavanaugh trade last year by having a team cover his salary but I do think some of the extremes that can be taken advantage of, with teams potentially being able to hold onto say $10 million of a players salary, the tax is a good way to prevent that from happening and will really test GM's roster management skills."

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

"We're hosting Cleveland this week and one of the glaring negatives of our season has been our below expectation play in front of our home fans. They're 6-2 as well and have had a great start to their season and have been playing well on the defensive side of the ball but we're able to gain some momentum back this week and I know everyone in that locker room wants to put a show on and get a big win in front of our home crowd."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: July 13, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »

What can I say GM Cory, we're doing great things this season.  Our two game losing streak was nothing of concern and we are looking primed to battle Miami to win the division.. Keep up the great work, you're doing exactly what we brought you in to do.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: July 13, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
Thank you sir, I believe we are well into the process of building something special here for the Stampede franchise. It's an absolute pleasure to be here.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »

After the dumpster fires I had to endure prior to your arrive here, I am just happy you are the guy I hired this time.  Keep up the good work.  We'll chat in the off-season.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: July 13, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
See you then Mr. Adores.

--

Great win Coach, exactly the kinda game we expected it to be but we limited the turnovers and got a big road win against a terrific defense. We have Cleveland this week another 6-2 team. We know they like the run the ball with Elliott but how do you feel about our matchups elsewhere?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: July 13, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

Well it looks like they're getting Smoak back this week, so we have to deal with that, but the way our secondary is playing with swagger and confidence after last week, I think we're going to match up pretty damn well. Holt's playing with a swagger that few can get away with.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:24 PM »
His pick 6 set the tone last week, I'm glad we got his contract sorted out in the offseason and have him here long term.  Do you think they'll move to a more balanced attack with Smoak returning or rely on the run game and ease him in? I mean I feel like when we run our base defense whatever the matchup we perform better than when we adjust the blitz ratio but just something I wanted to run by you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: July 13, 2018, 07:36:55 PM »

They've always been a run-first team, we just have to be ready for the play action and the deep ball.  Not many throw it down field better than Smoak.  I don't see a reason to change our defense much.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: July 15, 2018, 01:36:27 AM »
Okay, I'll let you get back to practice coach, lets get after it this week.

--

Darlene could you send Mario Muller up here, please?

--

Mario, just wanted to personally compliment you on an excellent week last week. You came up in the clutch and have been having a very consistent season for us. Special teams is often an underrated deciding factor in a game and you're giving us an edge in that department this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: July 15, 2018, 10:26:32 AM »

Danke! I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:17:54 PM by Talon »

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: July 15, 2018, 11:15:15 PM »
I know you represent yourself and you're on the final year of your deal. I'd like to extend your deal to 3 years and add an extra $500k to your base salary if you want to hammer out a deal now.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: July 15, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »

Wunderbar!

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: July 15, 2018, 11:39:54 PM »
Excellent, now that your future is settled have another good week Mario. Good luck!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: July 15, 2018, 11:41:02 PM »

I thank you.  Good day.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: July 17, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »
Bye Mario.

--

Darlene I just wanted to make sure everything was still on track for the William Marquez jersey retirement at halftime this week? If it is, could you patch me through to Mr. Marquez, please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: July 17, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »

GM Corey, how's it going?

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: July 17, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »
Hey Coach, I just wanted to tell you that everyone involved from management to the staff is excited to retire your jersey and I'm very happy we were able to have the arrangements that you could be in attendance. You might have been a member of the Stampede family before I got here but you can't turn a corner in our building without eventually seeing a Marquez strip-sack play being on a wall or look out at the home fans and not see Marquez jerseys on fans young and old.

I'm happy we can finally retire your jersey and honor your legacy the right way, and all we'll selfishly ask for in return is your and your boys give Miami hell later in the night.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: July 17, 2018, 12:14:15 PM »

Ha!  I am really looking forward to this ceremony, and trust me... my boys will be going hard to take a bite out of those Killer Whales.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: July 18, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
Excellent that's all I can ask for. Great getting in touch with you Coach, I'll see you at pregame and good luck against Miami this week!

--

We're ready to lock in.

No changes this week, everything Coaches decision

LOCK IN

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: July 20, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »

"Everything went wrong. That was as ugly of a game as I've been a part of here in the HiFL and frankly everyone in this building should feel embarrassed. Almost every time we play a tough team we're exposed as not good enough, and I'm tired of it, the guys in that locker room are tired of it. We know we're good enough to beat the Cleveland, the San Antonios, the Miami's of the world but we've look unprepared and unmotivated in all of our losses this season and myself, our coaches and our leaders are going to have to fix that. Immediately."

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team?

"I'm happy to see Merv, Xavier, Harold get recognized as some of the best players at their positions and they all earned a spot at the all-star game. I think there were a few questionable picks from Kirk but that's the kinda personality he brings to this so it's expected. I think we had a few guys who got snubbed especially on defense but I mean where we're at after this week we must focus our attention on the team and not individuals."

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

"Our scoreline was enough to see."

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

"The Knights are one of the best teams in this league and if we don't find our passion, if we don't find the intestinal fortitude to respond to this absolute ass-kicking Cleveland gave us...I don't know what else to tell you. This is exactly the game I want because it's going to show us if Orlando is just the team that can beat up on the weak teams and get embarrassed against the elite teams or when we're at our lowest we can show just how talented we are and get a meaningful and impressive victory. We're 6-3, we're far off from panic mode and we've had a lot of great moments this season but now It's gut check time, we need to respond this week."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: July 21, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »

They dissected us out there.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: July 21, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »
I'm going to talk to the guys before the lock-in and try and rally the troops but there's only so much I can say to light a fire under these guys asses. It's clear were struggling against the teams we'd see in the playoffs and were handily beating teams that are a work in progress. That's not a good place to be, it's that purgatory where were good enough to make the playoffs but can we say with any confidence right now that we can take it to the Knights this week or in the playoffs? Cleveland next time around?

We can look at extra training in the week, we can look forward to getting Weise back potentially this week, most likely next but is that going to fix this? I can't say with confidence that it will. What say you Coach? We got to work together and fix this.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: July 21, 2018, 08:17:34 PM »

I wish I had a good answer.  We came in with all the momentum, I don't understand why we laid an egg like we did.  Obviously playing from behind like we were, we had to make some crazy 4th down calls just to try to stay in it and that made things worse, but outside of that, I don't know.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 22, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »
I didn't think there was an 'answer' either Coach. We're just going to have to hope we can get momentum on our side and that can get us through tough games. Knights this week, obviously a very strong team top too bottom. Daley is occasionally prone to the turnover which we have a nice matchup there with Holt on the field. Any other areas where we could take advantage?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 22, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »

They don't show a ton of weaknesses from what I've seen, we just need to play our game and finish plays.  Mario getting to Daley a few times would be huge.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 22, 2018, 10:30:51 PM »
Noted Coach, we're going to have to execute this week if we want to stand a chance. I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Darlene could you get Merv Patton, Xavier Best, and Harold Gallegos and send them to my office, please?

---

Gentleman, I wanted to congratulate you all on making the All-Star game. All three of you have been integral parts of our 6-3 start to the season and to be recognized outside of this organization for your success this season is awesome. I know you're all going to represent the Stampede well at the game, but more importantly, it's been your outstanding individual efforts that we're going to need to rely on to take this season to the next level.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »
EVERYONE SMILES AND SHAKES HANDS TO CELEBRATE THEIR AWESOMENESS!