Author Topic: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE  (Read 122504 times)

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ORLANDO STAMPEDE
« Reply #2900 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
Alright, we'll try that out this week. Thanks for your input Coach, I'll let you get back to practice.

--

Change Blitz Ratio to 30%

The rest is Coaches decision.

LOCK IN!

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: June 08, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"It was a shootout and unfortunately that was probably the only style of game that would have given the Bruins a chance, and they took it. Offensively we played very well, but our special teams gave them lots of great starting field position and our defense struggled. I said at the end of the press conference last week this was going to be a real test and hopefully was a wakeup call to everyone on this team, myself included that anyone can beat anyone here in the HiFL, doesn't matter if you're 5-0 or 2-3."

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

"I'd like to congratulate Merv Patton for winning offensive player of the week, back to back week we've had one of our players recognized around the league. I know Merv would be the first one to tell you he'd much rather the victory this week than an individual award but even in defeat, Merv was simply sensational."

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

"Always operate within your budget, there's always a GM or two that come trade deadline or free agency boom period use the wrong figures and end up in trouble with the league. Attention to detail is something all GM's could do better, especially myself with an error or two this off-season but it's really paramount here in the HiFL."

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

"I tend to go with positional groups at the showcase. I like to operate within the framework of our team. By understanding our strengths and weaknesses on the depth chart and forecasting the upcoming free agency period to determine exactly what areas we want to improve upon from the draft specifically, but also finding out what positions possess a deeper talent pool for the upcoming draft that can help us set up our potential free agency targets."

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

"Reflection. We lost a close game to a very dangerous Bruins team and we're still 5-1, but it always is a shot to the ego when you lose your first game. We're going to get a few days of rest and recovery but we also get a week of this loss motivating this team to never feel like this again. We'll be eager when we can take the field next and bounce back."

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 11, 2018, 01:00:41 PM »

It's a shame that we put up one of our best offensive weeks and came up empty..  Best and Patton are really clicking right now, but Holiday found a weakness and managed to exploit it for some big plays.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 11, 2018, 07:13:17 PM »
I'd rather get this reality check sooner than later. What was the main weakness you though Holiday exploited?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: June 12, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

He just had a speed and strength advantage over Logue and found a way to shake him on the routes.  Just something we couldn't really fix once the game started going.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 14, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
Brandon is a vet, I'm sure he'll be able to bounce back and look to have a strong game after the bye. We'll have Vegas at home, it'll be a good one.

If you have no questions for me, could you send Merv up here please Coach?

---

Merv one hell of a game last week, sad we couldn't get the victory but we can't get hung up over one loss. Congratulations on Offensive Player of the Week as well, very much deserved.

Still, plenty of positives to take, one being your chemistry leading the offense. How does the locker room feel coming off that loss?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 14, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »

We're never happy to lose, but we know we lost to a great team and we also know we might get a chance to pay them back for that loss later this year.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47:09 PM »
I'm glad to hear the guys have that kind of attitude, plus we'll have Weise back sooner than later and putting him with Best and Hickson who you're lighting it up with....we have even bigger things ahead.

Thanks for stopping in Merv, enjoy the bye week.

Could you send Coach Ryder up here, please?

--

That was a rough game Coach, well rough first half. Your unit turned things around in the second half and we can hopefully build off that as we get ready to take on Vegas next week. I wanted to get your assessment on Francois Bowles so far this season. Last year he was our most promising defensive player and this year outside of Week 3 vs Miami he's struggled to show up on the box score and as we saw last week his depth, Elmer Turner appears to be getting more involved leading the team with 7 tackles..which has been the case on a few occasions this season.

I'm all for getting more out of our roleplayers but Elmer has been more of a special teamer than leading the team in tackles kind of player. Especially for defensive backs it's not always going to show up in the box score but Bowles seems especially quiet.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »

Francois has been banged up a lot this year. His shoulder has bothered him, his knees have banged around a little bit... so he's had a few less reps during games, but its never been enough to show up on the injury report officially..   Mix that with a little case of the sophomore slumps and you've got a stat line that doesn't reflect the talent we know we have.  As for Turner, he has upped his reps this year both with filling in for Bowles, but also doing some sub package work at Free Safety too, since he's our 3rd best safety overall.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »
That's a little more reassuring to hear, let's hope he can put it into gear and get back to 100%. We're counting on him.

Thanks for stopping in Coach, I appreciate it. Enjoy the bye.

--

Darlene could you get Coach Harris for me, please?

--

Coach Harris, sucks to lose that one but if we had to take a positive out of it, our offense looked scary in the second half...and we're very close to getting Weise back. I just wanted to ask you about our rookies on the OL, C Delmar Kane and OT Antoine Smith. It's never easy for a rookie to start at OL let alone two, but they both seem to be holding their own. How do you rate their start to the season, and where do you see their ceilings being?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »

COACH STARES IN HORROR AS MAXIMUS CROWE DRAGS A BATTERED GM LUCAS ACROSS HIS FEET, STAINING HIS LEATHER SHOES WITH BLOOD.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: June 22, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »
Guess you can't fix stupid, and to piss THAT guy off?

Jesus what a mess.

You good Coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 23, 2018, 09:37:59 PM »

...wow, yeah, I'm good now. 

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 23, 2018, 11:03:47 PM »
So yeah Coach as I was saying, Delmar Kane and Antoine Smith both have settled in nicely as rookie starters on our OLine, but how do you view their ceilings? I ask that as with the Rookie Showcase there looks to be some strong lineman in this year's class but if both of those guys can continue to grow we may need to look elsewhere with our earlier picks than addressing the OL right away.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: June 24, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

I think both Smith and Kane are going to keep getting better, I see them both as long term solutions for us on the line.