Author Topic: TEAM : OAKLAND SILVERBACKS  (Read 93527 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : OAKLAND SILVERBACKS
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »

Team Information
City: Oakland, California
Market Size: Large
Conference: Western
Team Owner: Koba Caesar
Team Secretary: Fine Dossey
Arena: The Zoo at Clorox Clean Stadium

Official Colors:

Black (#101820)
Sliver (#A5ACAF)

Team History:
The first team to win the regular season crown for the Western Conference, fans expected amazing things from the Oakland Silverbacks from after losing in the first round to Long Beach the S'Backs failed to make it back to the post season in S2, instead they finished 5-11.  In S3 they would claw into the final playoff spot with a 7-9 record, but again fell in the first round to the eventual Western Conference Champions in Las Vegas, but again the team let its fans down in the follow up season, as they would finish 5-11 in S4, again falling to last place in the Western Conference and in a 3 way tie for the worst record in the league (w/ Missouri and Long Beach).  Oakland has talented defensive players, and a 3 time pro bowl wide reciever Alberto Kidwell (30).  On Defense, Christopher Chalmers (28) racked up 12 sacks and 2 forced fumbles from the Defensive End position. 3 time pro bowler (S1, S2, S4) Dale Ruiz (31) lead the team with 121 tackles to go with his 5 sacks and 3 Interceptions. The linebacker corps is solid with 3 time pro bowler (S1-S3) Eric Saylor (32) having 34 sacks in his 4 years in Oakland and S3 3rd overall pick, Gary Hunter (23) who shows a lot of potential, but has yet to record his first career sack but does have 117 tackles over his first two seasons having started all but 1 game. Last season's first round pick (6th overall) Alfred Glass (22) started all 16 games in his rookie season breaking up 15 passes.  Team Owner Koba Caesar is a major fan of the teams defensive potential and simply wants a GM who can take over the team, continue to build on the defense and finally establish an offense that can get the team its first ever playoff victory, or maybe even back to back winning seasons.

Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 5-11
Season 3: 7-9
Season 4: 5-11
Season 5: 8-8 [GM TJ]
Season 6: 11-4-1 [GM TJ]
Season 7: 10-6 [GM TJ]
Season 8: 6-10 [GM TJ]
Season 9: 3-13 [GM TJ]

Awards and Achievements:
S1 Offensive POTY - Jerry Harris
S5 Offensive ROTY - Christopher Allen

Playoff Appearances:
Season 1 (Conference Semis)
Season 3 (Conference Semis)
Season 5 (Conference Finals)
Season 6 (Conference Semis)
Season 7 (Impact Bowl)

RETIRED NUMBERS

QB - Jerry Harris - 17
RB - Dan Rhodes - 25

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:56:41 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : OAKLAND SILVERBACKS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

My, My, My, My Linebackers hit you, so hard, make you say "oh my god!" Thank you, for blessin' me with a defensive who can shut teams down, and you know we're bound, to win an Impact Bowl for the city of Oaktown and I'm known as such, and this is the D you can't touch!

Lord... Excuse Mr. Caesar, he is a little excited to get this season going.  I'm Fine Dossey, The Secretary for the Oakland Silverbacks. We have a solid defense and are looking for a GM who will build on the defense and help us establish an offense to compliment it.  We're a large market team, so the fans and media are much more critical, can you lead the Zoo?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:04:25 PM by Talon »

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »
Good Morning Mr. Caesar,

My name is GM Rebel and I'm interested in applying for the Oakland Silverbacks general manager position. 

My resume includes previous stops in the highly popular FBL where I've navigated the Tampa Bay Dragons to several playoff experiences.  I was also part of the Denver Iron Birds rebuild in the NBL, taking perhaps the least talented roster in the league to being a team that nobody wanted to play in just 1.5 seasons.

It's my understanding that the Silverbacks have an excellent defense and are in need of some help rebuilding an offense.  My personal philosophy leans heavily on the old Don Coryell system, which looks to spread teams out and make them get out of their base coverages.  We want to run a fast paced system and get as many snaps in as possible.  We want our opposing defenses to be gassed by the fourth quarter where we pound them in to submission.

I'd love a chance to take the Silverbacks to the next level.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Mr. Caesar,

I am GM Gravedigger, and I would like to be the new General Manager of the Oakland Silverbacks.

I have a number of GM jobs on my resume. I work in the FBL, where I took Birmingham to the playoffs my first two seasons, and we're off to a 2-0 start this season. I work in the FHL, which is nearing the beginning of it's first season, and built a talented roster capable of winning the league championship. I was working in the NBL at the time of its demise as the GM of New York at the time, where I had free reign to sign who I pleased, with no budget.... but my best work in the NBL was with Salt Lake. I built the Salt Lake team from the beginning of the league, making an appearance in the semifinal round each of the first two seasons. I know how to build a winner from the start, and look forward to doing the same for your franchise.

The defensive side of the ball seems to be in good shape here in Oakland, so you need someone who is going to go out and sign quality offensive players. That is exactly what I want to do. I'd love to build a high flying offense that has a great quarterback leading a fast paced passing attack that overwhelms each and every opponent. However, what I will do is look at the available free agent players, sign the best, and build our strategy accordingly. If the best player we sign in a quarterback, we'll be a passing squad. If he's a running back, we'll be a running team. Having an offensive philosophy is great, but what you really need to do is tailor your team's strategy to the players that you have on the roster. That is what I will do. Sign the best available players, and build the team around their abilities.

As you know, there is another team in Oakland, in that other league. I am a fan of that team, and have been for a long time. I've seen great heights, but have also watched them be the very worst team in that very league. The point is that Oakland deserves a winner. This city doesn't celebrate professional sports Championships very often, in any sport, in any league. That is why I want to come to the Silverbacks. I've watched the futility, hoping for so much more. I want to deliver a winner to this city. I want to give all the fans that show up, spending their hard earned money and showing a tremendous level of passion, something to cheer about. I want them to see winning football. I want them to feel the joy of being a fan of a Championship team. If you're looking for the GM with the most desire to make Oakland a winner, then you need to look no further.

If you need an example of how committed I am to Oakland, I was born and raised near Tombstone, yet I am not applying for that job. I want to be General Manager in Oakland.

I look forward to speaking to you Mr. Caesar, and talking football with you. Together we can build Oakland into a winner.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »

Well Well, two quality names here fellas... GM Rebel, GM Gravedigger, you're both guys I like.

Let me first ask both of you a question, since you're both offering me an improved offense, tell me about your defensive philosophy.  Do you prefer a base 4-3 or 3-4?  Do you like to dial up the blitz, and if so to what extent?

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
I like the 3-4 personally, as I prefer a blitzing style of defense. To me the best pass rush comes from a team that has two outside LBs who can attack the quarterback, so I like the 3-4 so that we still have 2 LBs back in coverage, or we'd have the ability to blitz from the middle LB spot as well, then still having a man back in coverage. Having Christopher Chalmers at DE helps use as 3-4 in that having a great DE means that we can expect pressure from our defensive front without needing a 4th man up there.

As for the number of blitzes I'd use, it would be quite a few. Having great defensive backs is nice for shutting down the opposing quarterback, but putting an immense amount of pressure on him works as well, and blitzing is a great way to put on that pressure.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »
I've dabbled in both defenses.  I think they both have their advantages - but I'm going to stick to the traditional 4-3 with a few unconventional twists along the way.

First of all, you won't get any better pressure then pinning your ears back and sending four lineman after the quarterback.  You put two speed rushers on the end and allow them to do what they've done since Pee-Wee football - get after the quarterback - and good things happen.  You have a couple space eaters that occupy the interior offensive line at your DT spot and you're going to blow up the running game as well.

The key to a dominating secondary is a dedicated pass-rush up front.  You make sure that quarterback doesn't get to his second read and you're going to win a lot of battles.  You have to be careful and pick your spots in a 4-3 defense because you don't want to leave your guys on an island but you mix up your attack with an occasional CB blitz coming from the blindside, or moving those safeties around in the box to confuse the coverage.  I prefer to build my team around a DL that can wreck havoc and we can create mismatches with our LB's and safeties.  With the LB crew currently employed in Oakland, if we can get some pressure up front, very few teams are going to get to past that second line of defense.

I'm certainly not afraid to build a team that can send the house on any given play but I think the core is in place here in Oakland to play disciplined, hard-nosed football.  There are a lot of guys who can win one-on-one battles already, which makes this defense dangerous.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »

You're both sharp, I'll give you that.  I think both of you are fit to run this team, but we can only have one GM of Silverback Nation.  Let me think about it, but while you wait, feel free to ask Fine Dossey about any personnel questions you might have, word?

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:51:55 PM »
Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you, Mr. Caesar.

------------------------

Miss Dossey, your team information speaks only of defensive players.

What kind of offensive talent is under contract with Oakland at this time?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
Excuse me for forgetting Alberto Kidwell in my question. It seems that an offensive player was in fact mentioned...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
Mr. Ceaser, perhaps before you go, I'd ask one more question of you.  You love your defense, and that's obviously a strength of the team, but what kind of offense are you looking for?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »

Mr. Gravedigger,  Our starting QB is Jerry Harris, 31 years old and a S1 pro bowler. 3 out of his 4 seasons here in Oakland he's gone over 4000 yards passing and he has 105 career touchdown passes. He is a great team player and a team captain who has a great football IQ and top tier accuracy.

We have a position battle this off season at running back. Last year we drafted Kenneth Benjamin in the 2nd round, he rushed for 463 yards and 2 touchdowns off the bench and caught 27 passes for 356 yards and 1 TD.  He is trying to take the starting job from Dan Rhodes, our 29 year old starter who was twice a 1200+ yard back in Pearl Harbor in S1 and S2, last season for us in 12 games he rushed for 1197 yards and 7 TDs, he's not a pass catcher at all though, he's caught 11 passes in Oakland over the past two years.  Rhodes is stronger but Kenny is faster.

Our offensive line has 3 above average guards, all 28 years old. Our tackles and center are all average or below however.  Outside of Kidwell, our receiver corps is empty...

GM Rebel, Mr. Cesar is open to any style of offense, as long as it produces over time.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
Is there anyone of note at the tight end position?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
Thanks, Miss Dossey.

I'll be awaiting Mr. Caesar's decision.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

Our only Tight End under contract is 29 year old Frank Olvera. He is 6'3 253 lbs, he's been with us for the past 3 seasons, a starter for the past 2.  In S3 he caught 82 passes for 607 yards and 2 TDs, and last season he caught 70 passes for 527 yards and 3 TDs. He has a decent work ethic and very good hands, his real knock is that he is not fast, at all.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
Thank you, Miss Dossey.

I anticipate Mr. Caesar's decision, and appreciate your time.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »

Yo, Digger and Rebel before I make my decision I have one last question for both of you... What do you predict you do with this team this year, and where do you see us in 2 or 3 seasons?

Keep it real, because I will remember what you say, and it will be considered in your expectations.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »
This team obviously has the talent to make it to the Impact Bowl within 3 seasons.  My tenure ended with the now defunct NBL league but I had the Iron Birds on a very similar plan that I'd have here:

Year one: steady improvement.
Year two: a deep playoff run.
Year three: competing in the Impact Bowl.

Those are the standards I'd hold myself to when measuring success here in Oakland.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Mr. Caesar, I'd love to say 3 league championships, but I will work on a more reasonable, manageable plan.

Year one is about building the roster, especially the offensive line and wide receiver corps. The season goal is to make the playoffs.

Year two is about build on what worked in season one, plus continuing to address any team deficiencies. This is a year to make the playoffs, with the goal being a deep run.

Year three is about adding depth to our talent. We should be looking for a deep playoff run, with the goal of being a serious title contender who has a legitimate shot at the league championship.

I know this job will require some roster building to get to our #1 goal, and I want to be here to help deliver that championship to Oakland.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »

Alright, you guys made it real tough, I think both of you would make great GM's here in Oaktown, but at the end of the day we can only have one of you join our crew...

GM Gravedigger, thank you for your time, but we are going to go with GM Rebel.

GM Rebel, Welcome to the Silverbacks!

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
"You won't be disappointed.  It's my pleasure to lead this franchise!"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »

We'll be keeping an eye on your progress, let Fine know if you have any questions.  Welcome to the team.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:55 PM »
Ms. Dossey, could you please give me a roster breakdown so we can start to form a battle plan in free agency and the draft to complete our roster?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »

We have 27 players signed.

Position l Current l Minimum

QB     3     2
RB     3     3
FB     0     1
TE     1     2
WR    2     5
G      3      2
T      3      2
C      3      2
P       0     1
K       0     1
DT     1     2
DE     1     2
LB     3     4
CB     2     3
SS     2     2
FS     0     2

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 12:19:18 AM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
"John Rudino, please, in regards to our head coach position."

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 11:25:42 AM »
"Mr. Rudino, tell me a little bit about your coaching philosophy?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »

Hey there GM Rebel, let me tell you something, I'm a coach who looks for Grinders aye kay aye players who play good fundamental hard nosed football.  I've coached a lot  football, not just on defense, but all over the field. I've actually worked in this city before, things didn't end so well, but I had the last laugh.  I like a good balanced offense and a cover 2 defense that has good safety and linebacker play.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
"Your defensive prowess is well documented, coach.  What do you think about our current core?  Tell me - what do you think their strengths would be?  Also, do you think you could work well with coach LeBlanc?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »

The problem I see with me on this team is that Coach LeBlanc is a 3-4 DC and my cover 2 is a base set, I like what the team is build around and I think your linebackers and Dale Ruiz would shine in my system, but I don't know how it all comes together with a 3-4 coordinator.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »
"I appreciate your honesty, coach.  I'm going to continue my interviews and will get back with you soon..."

---

"Brandon Reno, please."

---

"Coach Reno, we're looking for a head coach here in Oakland.  Can you talk me through your offensive philosophy and your assessment of our personnel?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »

*PLEASE HOLD, THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO CALL IS ON ANOTHER LINE AT THIS TIME*

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
"Keep trying Miss Dossey - let Mr. Reno know that he's very high on our list to be head coach as soon as you get ahold of him."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »

I left a voicemail and got a text back.  It said:

"Talking with New Jersey right now, going to listen to their offer, and I'll contact you after."

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
"Text him back and let him know that we're prepared to beat their offer.  This is the perfect spot for coach Reno - the defense is in capable hands with coach LeBlanc and he could focus on the offense to get us flying.  Jerry is the prototypical QB for a spread system and we'd certainly break some records!"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:44 PM »

"I think I pissed him off, he said back off bitch" and sent me a meme of a sloth.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:44:59 PM by Talon »

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »

"He was probably looking for this - his HIFL trophy case."

"Let's get Steve Brigham on the line."

---

"Steve!  I think I've got a good idea here but give me your rundown of your offensive philosophy and what kind of success you think you can have with our talent here?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 02:06:47 PM »

The lord has lead me to Alabama, sorry I can not be of service.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
"Fair enough, Steve."

---

"Anton Cobbs, please."

---

"Coach Cobbs, give me a little insight on to who you are as a coach... we're looking for new one here and hope that maybe you could be the guy to lead us."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 02:31:43 PM »

I see myself as an offensive coordinator really, but I retired in S3 after playing 2 years of bench warmer in Orlando..

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
"I can certainly respect that, Anton.  I don't want to put the cart before the horse, so-to-speak, and want to make sure that we give our potential head coach a say in who might be our offensive coordinator, but we'll certainly keep you on our list when we've accomplished that task."

"However, so I can help perhaps guide that candidate on an OC, can you tell me what your philosophy might be?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »

I like a balanced play style, from any set, its about the attitude you play with..

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
"We'll be in touch, Anton..."

---

"Well, I think perhaps we'll try something unorthodox, Vic LeBlanc, please."

---

"How's it going, coach?  We're in the midst of looking for a head coach, and I thought I'd be remiss without giving you a chance to at least interview for the position.  You know our personnel better than anybody and I think you've got the ear of a lot of our talented defensive guys.  How do you think you'd handle the head coaching duties?  What would you do differently as a head coach?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »

I've been waiting for a chance to become a head coach, I think I could get a lot of good work out of this team if I was placed at the helm.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »
"Your reputation in molding a feared defense certainly precedes you.  Before we talk numbers, tell me what you'd bring to the table as a head coach...it's quite a leap in having your hand in every fire rather than just the defense."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »

Great question, because I honestly don't know right off hand.. As far as an offensive stand point goes, we'd need to be sure to get a strong OC to help cover for my inexperience there, but I think with Harris and Kidwell getting towards the end of their prime, we need to gun for wins now and not later.  If we can add strength at the tackles our offense should flourish if we pass the ball well and run it enough to set up play action, maybe a 40/60 run/pass split.  I'll make the players work hard, that's what I do best.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 03:09:29 PM »
"I'm sold, Vic.  I think the continuity of having you step up to the head coach position will help us transition to this season.  How about $5 million per season over 4 years?  That's double your salary and we'll be sure to get your input on your assistants.  Do we have a deal?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »

Definitely have a deal.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »
Are there any assistant coaches out there that you think you could work well with our would be beneficial to this team?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »

I'm not too familiar with most of the names that are still in the market, I know of them but not enough to really say who would work best with us.