Author Topic: TEAM : PEARL HARBOR PREDATORS  (Read 59006 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : PEARL HARBOR PREDATORS
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »

Team Information
City: Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Team Colors: Purple, Yellow, Black
Conference: Western
Division: South
Team Owner: Ace Profits
Team Secretary: Ivanka Profits

Team History:
The Predators of Pearl Harbor where founded by Rex Raptor, Football fan and Dinosaur enthusiast. After realizing his massive excavation project in Hawaii was pointless due to the lack of successful digs, Rex decided to turn the excavation site into a football stadium, and so the Predators were born! 

In season 1 The Predators finished 8-8 and clinched the last playoff spot in the West, a 24-31 loss to Tombstone ended their season in the first round of the post season.  The next year they again squeaked into the post season with an 8-8 record, and once again fell to the #1 seed, this time the Lincoln Pride (27-30).  After the season, The Predators let QB Thomas Blaine test free agency and signed unproven 22 year old QB Jose Pruitt.  Pruitt, who had never started an HIFL game in his career stepped into the starting job and used both his arm and his legs to win games for the Predators.  In his first season Pruitt lead the Preds to a 10-6 record, good for the 2nd seed in the West.  In the teams first home playoff game in history the Lincoln Pride once again ruined Pearl Harbor's season with a 35-23 win, but Pruitt would again lead the Predators to the 2nd seed in Season 4 behind a 9-7 record.  This time in the playoffs Pearl Harbor finally got a win, defeated the Tombstone Outlaws 34-20 in front of a fired up Hawaiian crowd!  Unfortunately for the Preds, they would get topped by 17 by the Las Vegas Scorpions in the Conference finals.

Pearl Harbor's offensive line boasts two pro bowl guards 24 year old Albert Esparza (S3, S4) and 28 year old Kevin Corral (S2), but the tackles are in need of an upgrade with Jonathan Case (28) giving up 34 sacks in his 4 seasons with the Preds and aging veteran Stanley Wright (31) being average at best. The prize jewel of the O-line however may be last years first round pick, Dale Hooker (24) who only allowed 1 sack in his rookie year after starting all 16 games.

While the teams receiving corps is aging it has still produced with 32 year old Ernest Carr still earning 739 yards and 5 TD catches as he declines towards retirement and Juan Gorham (33) continues to amazing with a 1310 yard season with 14 touchdowns as the teams #1 option.  The only young receiver in the group is Michael Hodge, S2 #1 overall pick (by Vegas) but Hodge's career has been marred by controversy.  As rookie, Hodge failed to crack the starting lineup for the Scorpions, but even as the #3 option he caught 43 balls for 1087 yeards and 3 touchdowns with 19 catches going for 20+ and 10 of those going for 40+ yards  on his way to the S2 Rookie of the Year Award... but after a run in with the Vegas PD Hodge was suspended for the postseason and found himself in a trade sending him to Pearl Harbor for draft picks.  Hodge immediately got off on the wrong foot with the Predators coaching staff however and only started 1 game in his two seasons with the team so far.  Now he enters the final year of his rookie deal.  Making $3MM, Hodge hopes to show he deserves a payday and is worth the headache he can be for a team and/or GM.

On Defense the Predators best defensive back is hands down S1 D-ROTY Theodore Schumacher. Theo has 16 INT's in 4 years with the Predators and at 26 is the one of the youngest players in the secondary, with 23 year old Andrew Reynolds being the only one younger (23). The only real pass rushing threat the team has at this time is Matthew Alvarado (29). The linebacker recorded 7 sacks last season to go along with his 80 tackles.

Mr. Raptor is ready to infuse youth into this team, he believes winning in the playoffs in the future is more important than returning to the playoffs this season, so an incoming GM can come in and build for the future.

After two years of terrible GM work and losing money, Rex Raptor sold the team to Ace Profits who announced that the team would leave Pearl Harbor after season 7.

Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 8-8
Season 3: 10-6
Season 4: 9-7
Season 5: 4-12 [GM Metro / GM Franchise]
Season 6: 3-13 [GM Franchise]
Season 7: 11-5 [GM Dazz]

Awards and Achievements:
S1 Defensive ROTY - Theodore Schumacher
S7 GM of the Year - GM Dazz

Playoff Appearances:
S1 Conference Semi Finals)
S2 Conference Semi Finals)
S3 (Conference Semi Finals)
S4 Conference Finals)
S7 (Conference Finals)

CURRENT STAFF

HEAD COACH:

Jason Blitzer

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR:

Marshall Roy

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR:

Darren Hall

ASSISTANT COACH:

VACANT

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:42:42 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : PEARL HARBOR PREDATORS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »

Greetings! Greetings!  Yes yes, step this way and take a peek at the Pearl Harbor Predators!  The Fastest team in all of football!  Speed kills, and Predators kill, it is their nature.  I want a team with a killer instinct, a team that will make their opposition extinct!  Is there anyone out there who dare step into Jurassic Park?  We're looking for a GM who will take this team from herbivore to carnivore with speed and intensity!

For the love of god Rex, stop it already will ya?!  People don't want to listen to you talk about dinosaurs!  They want to see what you want in a GM!  Christ's sake... I tell ya. 

Listen lovelies, you want this job, you gotta be able to find fast and intense players in the right positions. Make this team a fast one with a high tempo offense and we'll give you a shot, but you gotta convince us you're the right person for the job!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:17:51 PM by Talon »

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
  • CONTROVERSIAL DECISION MAKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:18:23 AM »
Greetings Mr Raptor,

I am GM Corbin, and I'd like to apply for the GM position of the Pearl Harbor Predators for one major reason - Our goals align.

In the unfortunately now defunct National Baseball League, I was given charge of the Oklahoma City Red Roosters with a simple goal - Build the team around a youth core. The setup was built around a three-year plan, with the major goal being to achieve a decent playoff performance after those three years.
With my initial rookie draft picks I made selections that many were tipping to be a trio of future greats for the team, including the Season Two Rookie of the Year and breakout major sensation KJ Hightower. In just our first season we came second in our division, narrowly missing out on a playoff place, and from all reports, our Season Three team was set to be even stronger with a further four talented rookies.

Inside the locker-room, I seemed to have the respect of my players, and a team unified to the cause. Our loyalty was higher than that of many other teams, with players often going out of their way to do what's best for each other rather than having an "I, me, my" attitude.

I'd hope to be allowed to transfer my skills to your organisation, once again bringing in my "for the future" and "all for one" mentality. From what I've seen, there's a great mix of youth and experience already on the roster here, which is exactly what I want from a team. Using the game-tested veterans as mentors, we can bridge our rookies into the HIFL faster, and start to build the future Impact Bowl winning team.

To address speed and intensity, I offer you this - So long as Pruitt can manage it, I'd like to have him and our offensive coordinator, whomever that ends up being, running a semi-"hurry-up" game, working over the opposition and giving them little time to rest or work out what's coming next.

In conclusion, my goal in this league is simple - To do what I was on my way to doing in the NBL - Taking a team of rookies, united as one, to the very top.

Pearl Harbor is the place I feel that I most possible.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »

Mr. Corbin, a pleasant surprise to hear from you on this beautiful morning. Welcome, Welcome.  I've heard your name before at owner meetings and other events, and you have a great reputation.  It's delightful to hear you are interested in our GM position, but I do have some concerns.  The top among those is the question of dealing with a troubled player.

Have you ever had to deal with a player who has had significant legal trouble as well as a large ego and attitude?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
To date, no. I've been fortunate enough to have been surrounded by players with positive attitudes and respect for the team mentality.

That said, I have a few ideas on how to handle situations of that nature, specifically the one I believe you're most likely to be asking with regards to in Michael Hodge.

His case is interesting, as he's only guaranteed a place in this team for one more year. I'd be inclined to take a "prove yourself" attitude, where he's given the chance to shine and earn himself more, such as a contract extension, but if he makes an off-field mistake, he'll find himself losing out. Pairing with some good positive-publicity, I think any perceived "troublemaker" can be built into an asset and turn themselves around.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:59 PM »

A wise approach indeed, although I do not believe that "any" player can be saved.  I recall a certain Thaddius McCoy in your baseball league who was too far gone, in my opinion. 

Tell me Mr. Corbin, would you suspend a player who gets into off the field trouble, if it lead to an arrest?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »
Indeed, there are some cases that are too much, but second chances should be given where possible.

As for your question, I believe yes, arrests should be met with immediate indefinite suspension while the trouble is resolved, or at least until the team has spoken with the relevant authority and the league offices to ascertain the extent of the issue and the best procedure from there. It's easier to recall from suspension and reintegrate into the team upon innocence than it is to answer the difficult questions and face the wrath if it leads to guilt.

I'm not saying the team turns their back on a player or assumes guilt, but a precautionary suspension from the active roster removes any complaints from naysayers and allows us to cooperate with the investigation to the full extent.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »

You certainly interview well Mr. Corbin, you've made a great impression on me. Do you have any personnel questions for me?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
Mr Raptor, I hate to do this to you, but I've been offered the Lincoln Pride General Manager position, and intend on taking up the role as their setup seems more in tune with my skills, desires and goals.

I'm sorry to step back on you like this, and wish you the best of luck in your continued search for a GM.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »

How unfortunate.  Good luck to you boy.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »

GM Metro, my name is Rex Raptor, I would like to offer you the chance to trade your yellow and purple in Montreal for the Purple and Yellow of the Predators here in Pearl Harbor Hawaii.

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »
Mr. Raptor, it's my pleasure to speak to you. I will say that I'm a fan of the color scheme and the climate of Hawaii

I have a couple of preliminary questions for you if you don't mind; firstly, you've seen the ESPN report - are you on board with me bringing in my front office staff? Secondly, what are you prepared to offer as an enticement to join Pearl Harbor? Finally, should you find evidence of a new specifies of dinosaur, would you name it a Metrosaurus?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Well well, you certainly are the confident one they said you were, aren't you?

...I see no problem with you having your own assistant general manager, but I am afraid we have no room for Ms. Nyberg.  As owners we are set in our staffs here in the league.  As for an offer, I am willing to commit to a multiple season building effort based on the plan of approach you map out in our negotiations, and I would gladly name our next discovery the Metrosaurus, it does have a special ring to it, I'd say!

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »
While I'll miss Chloe - I don't believe that to be a deal breaker on our end. What's the salary cap situation and the length of the commitments to our young players; I speak primarily of Schumacher and the interior offensive lineman (I am too assume, based on the information provided, that Hooker plays centre).

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »

The league has set to solidify the official salary cap, so I can not give out figures right now, but most players in the league are on short term deals.   Kevin Corrall, our best guard is on the last year of his contract, but Albert Esparza our other dominant guard is signed for 4 seasons. Our center, Dale Hooker is signed for the next 3 seasons as well. Theo Shumacher is signed for this year and the following year at a very reasonable salary as well.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »
Thank you Mr. Raptor, I have a few more questions before I would like to commit to negotiations. Running backs and tight ends; can you tell me a little about your two deep there? Schumacher and Reynolds; do they play corner or safety? And finally the defensive line. I see this as being the area in most need of an upgrade but want to at least understand how much of an upgrade is needed in terms of personnel. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »

Well of course!

At running back we currently have 3 players signed.  Our starter is a S3 first round pick, 5th overall.  Alphonso Montes. 6'0 215 lbs and 24 years old.  He rushed for 1361 yards last season with a 5.1 yards per carry average. He scored 11 times. He also caught 17 passes for 235 yards and 2 TDs there. He returned 18 kicks for us at 23.9 yards per return but he did not handle punts.  Kenneth Harrell is our primary back up and is a 23 year old 2nd round pick from last years draft.  He only ran the ball 28 times last season for 143 yards and 1 TD, but also averaged 5.1 per carry. He caught only 1 pass for 13 yards At 6'1 215 lbs Kenneth is a big speed back with great hands. He is not very strong however, but his agility is a good thing. He does not have the legs to be an every down back however while Alphonso does have the endurance to play a full game as the featured back. Alphonso is faster than Kenneth and is possibly the most agile back in the league, he also possesses more strength than people give him credit for.

At Tight End we have 6'3 258lbs 28 year old Ryan Bartholomew who has very good hands and a high football IQ, but his speed is lacking. In 2 years as a starter for us he has averaged 70 catches, 541 yards, and 4 touchdowns.  Walter Black, an undrafted free agent in S3 has caught 31 passes for 166 yards over his two years with the team and is more of a below average blocking TE..

Schumacher is a 6'3 202 lbs cornerback and Andrew Reynolds is a 6'1 208lbs Strong Saftey.

Our only returning defensive end is Brad Bonilla, a 23 year old 10 game starter who had 42 tackles and 3 sacks as a rookie drafted in the 3rd round.  Our returning starters at DT are 24 year old Bill Cleary who was a 3rd round pick in S2 but did not play football in S3, last season for us he started 15 games and had 1 sack with 20 tackles. Michael Richardson is 29 years old and has started every game for us since our team was founded 4 years ago.  He averages 3 sacks a season to go with 23 tackles both DT's are on their final year of their contracts while Bonilla has 3 years remaining.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Thank you Mr. Raptor - I'd like to hear what you have in mind as far as what it'll take to bring me in as GM. The only thing I will not budge on is full control of player personnel. Elsewise, I am all ears.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »

I want this team to have sustained success, even if that means sacrificing a chance at winning a championship this year.  I want a GM who can not only win a championship but build a dynasty.  How many years do you want guaranteed?

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »
I think there are 11 other Owners who will say the same thing Mr. Raptor. You've seen the ESPN News - I could sit out this season and own a portion of a team, essentially guaranteeing myself permanent job security, whilst working for someone I already know and have my entire staff.

That being said I like the challenge of the HIFL. I would like to come to Pearl Harbor but it's not just years that I want guaranteed, it's knowing that ownership is willing to do what it takes to succeed. Many of your colleagues will talk the talk, but refuse to walk the walk. If you want a perennial champion we need to be able to scout effectively and do what it takes to retain players. So I present to you, two offers.

- 2MM - to scout the combine each year.
- 3 years and 5MM in PR guaranteed, above and beyond revenue.

OR

- 2MM - to scout the combine each year.
- 4 Years and 3MM in PR guaranteed, above and beyond revenue.
- I am contractually bound for the term to not leave for another American franchise, regardless of league

I drive a hard bargain sir but I also understand this raises the expectations on me knowing you are going into your own wallet for this team. I know, however, that doing this will ensure we are successful.

Do we have an agreement.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

While I can not legally give money outside of the teams revenue, I can promise you that I will contribute at least 50% of the teams profit to the next years budget, and if you make it to the impact bowl I will make it 60% of the revenue. I will do this for 4 years with the terms you laid out to keep you bound to the team for the term of our deal.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 06:04:15 PM »
And the Metrosaurus ... deal. Now let's go see if we can get some BBQ from GM Gooch and make a deal ... there's business to take care of.
---
Saura, would it be possible to get a sheet with our current roster and pending free agents at your earliest convenience, thanks.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »

Of course, the Metrosaurus will be a spectacular discovery! Welcome to The Predators!

I'll get you that information as soon as I can, hun!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »
Saura, let's see if Hooey Thought is who we thought he is?
---
Coach, pleasure to speak to you? I am who you think I am and I'm hoping we could take football for a moment and tell me a bit about your style. I'm looking for a leader for our ball team that'll go to the wire and never let a team off the hook.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 12:17:05 PM »

Well, I coached defense for 15 years for 8 different teams in college and the pros. I've had my ups and downs, but I coach a 4-3 system that blitz's less than 50% of the time. I am a big believer in Linebackers who can intercept the QB during zone coverage.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to see me coach - unfortunately I don't feel we mesh well stylistically at this time.
---
Can I please speak to Nicholas Orozco Saura?
---
Coach Orozco, I understand you have just a single year of experience in coaching - why should I consider you for a coaching position in Pearl Harbor?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »

Depends on what you want, sucka!  I played 3 mother fuckin' years in this league and shouldered the burden as the primary back in Oakland.  29 years old and now I'm out of football because my knees are shot, do I get any thanks?  No No, just a mother fuckin' hand shake and a fuckin' good day. 

856 carries 3780 yards, and 25 touchdowns, plus 57 catches 835 yards and 5 receiving touchdowns. 

I went back to Gardner-Webb and coached this last season and I turned their running game around.  I improved their agility and their hands, that's what I do best.  Pro Set, with a balanced attack.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »
Thank you Mr. Orozco, I will say that I do express an interest in you. I do see our team using a lot of two back sets and I think Kenneth Harrell will thrive as a pass catching back. That being said - outside of the aforementioned pro set - how would you propose we get Harell more involved in our offense, without taking Alphonso Montes off the field?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

I'm not an offensive innovator, I don't like lining guys up out of position, that's for the mother fuckin' birds man..

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
Thanks for your time coach.
---
Dre Louis please Saura,
---
Coach Dre, I want to make sure you didn't feel like someone forgot about you. Tell me a little bit about yourself?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 01:39:55 PM »

No one will EVER forget me!  I... I am a man who will live forever.  I am one of the greatest linebackers of all time! I am feared by running backs, Quarterbacks quit the game because I knew the plays before they even read them out... I have a killer instinct, unlike any other!

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »
How do you feel your experience on the gridiron has translated to the sidelines? How do you find that the players relate to you and how do you go about getting the most out of them every time they step on the field?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 09:44:22 PM »

I give powerful speeches. POWERFUL speeches.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »
Dre - I'd like to offer you the opportunity to be the head coach here in Pearl Harbor. I'm thinking something like a 3 year, 4MM dollar deal to lead this team forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 10:26:37 PM »

It's a long ways from Miami to Pearl Harbor, make it 5MM and I'm there.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
You're killing me Dre. Let's hear one of those speeches though - it's a done deal.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »

I don't waste my speeches, they come from the heart and are brought on by the heat of the moment.  You'll hear them in due time.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »
Sounds good coach, see at you camp.
---
Saura, Daniel Peace please.
---
Daniel, I'm entrigued by your age and entrance into the coaching profession. How do you think you would be successful relating and teaching players that are older than you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 11:59:28 PM »

I was drafted by Alabama in the expansion draft as a rookie DE, started 16 games, had 5 sacks won the impact bowl and then was told I had an injury in my neck that could leave me paralyzed if I took a shot to the back, so I retired.

I spent the last 3 years as a defensive assistant in Alabama, I've never been a coordinator before, but I think I can handle the job.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 12:03:40 AM »
Thanks for coming in. I admire your resilience and want to stick around in the league as much as possible and help develop the next generation of football players. Unfortunately at this time I don't know if this will be a good fit for us.
---
Brandon Reno please.
---
Let's talk specifics on a deal Brandon - I know there's not a lot of Offensive Co-Ordinator jobs going around but I think we'll fit well with wanting to spread the defense out and exploit weaknesses. We've got solid quarterback play; but do you think you can both effectively use our weapons in the backfield and get the best out of Michael Dodge?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 12:51:04 AM »

...you do know his name is Michael Hodge, right?

BRANDON RENO BEGINS TO THINK THE HYPE OF GM METRO IS FALSE ADVERTISING, HE LOSES THE EXCITEMENT OF A CHANCE TO BE THE OC OF THE TEAM

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »
I know exactly what his name is Brandon - ultimately I know what you're about on the field but not off of it; attention to detail, the ability to connect with players. That and the fact that you know our team says something about you; you came here prepared, you know our roster composition, there's dedication to the craft. I could ask you flat out but that's easy to lie to me; I need to be sure of the staff I'm hiring. The methods may be unconventional but they've worked; and everyone who's counted us out has been proven wrong. You'd know something about that ... and that's among many other reasons I want you here.

3 years, 3.5MM to be the Offensive Coordinator here in Pearl Harbor.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
THE SOUND OF A BUSY SIGNAL RINGS IN YOUR EAR, UNFORTUNATELY MR. RENO HUNG UP AND TOOK ANOTHER JOB

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
Saura, any information on our scouting budget going forward? And also, can you get me in touch with Joe Thompson, thanks.
---
Joe, tell me a little bit about yourself and what you'd bring to this team?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 02:49:46 AM »

We don't hand out a scouting budget or information packet until coaches are signed, hun.

Hey fool, I'm Joe Thompson!  Retire Alabama Nighthawk starting left tackle! I believe in power running and lots of it, smash mouf football, ya hear?  I bring great coaching technique for offensive linemen, boy.  Guards will run block better, tackles will pass block better, and I'm a respected name for the boys in the trenches, people know you don't get around Joe Thompson.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 10:31:26 AM »
Thanks Joe, unfortunately I don't think we mesh well stylistically.
---
Coach Orozco please.
---
Coach Orozco, I'd like to offer you a 3 year deal at 3MM per season to become the offensive coordinator here in Pearl Harbor. Is this something we can agree upon?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »

Deal!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:39:24 AM by Talon »

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
Pleasure Coach Orozco.
---
Coach Joan Swope please.
---
Coach Swope, I'm calling about our vacancy as a defensive co-ordinartor. Stylistically we match in wanting to control the passing game. How often do you like to bring pressure from the base set and who, in your experience, has developed most under your tutelage.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »

I would like to blitz less than 35% of the time, this will be my first year as a coach, so I can't take credit for coaching anyone up, but I like to think Peter Nixon in Long Beach is the player he is today because of my advice and mentoring... Hold on, I've got a call back on another line.