Author Topic: TEAM : LINCOLN PRIDE  (Read 77428 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : LINCOLN PRIDE
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:45:25 PM »

Team Information
City: Lincoln, Nebraska
Conference: Western
Division: North
Team Owner: Timothy Meer and Putnam Whart
Team Secretary: Kiara Kovu

Official Colors:

Blue (#0055A2)
Yellow (#FFCD00)

Team History:
In the cornfield jungle of Lincoln Nebraska the Lions sleep tonight...  The Lincoln Pride are a small market team marred by inconsistency, but somehow despite only having 1 winning season, they have made the playoffs the past 3 seasons.  after missing the playoffs in season 1 with a 7-9 record, the Pride took the West by storm in S2, claiming the regular season championship with an 11-5 record, but in the conference finals they suffered a 42-25 loss at home to the eventual Impact Bowl Champion Las Vegas Scorpions.  The following season a .500 record (8-8) was good enough for the 3 seed in the west, and Lincoln made the most of it, upsetting the 2-seed Pearl Harbor with a 35-23 win, in the conference finals the Pride posted another 35 point game upsetting the #1 Seeded Vegas in Vegas to reach their first Impact Bowl!  In the Impact Bowl Lincoln's Cinderella season ended thanks to a dominant Alabama Nighthawks team.
In S4 the Pride barely clawed into the post season with a dismal 6-10 record which was only good enough for a round one match up with 12-4 Las Vegas.  The post season rivalry continued to add to its lore however with an amazing game that went to Overtime, but in the end Las Vegas would prevail winning 31-24 in OT.

While 6-10 was good enough for the playoffs, it was not good enough to keep Lincoln's upper management afloat. With Head Coach Simba Lyons and his veteran coaching staff retiring, the team has a clean slate for all coaches, allowing the new GM to install his preferred system.

Season 1: 7-9
Season 2: 11-5
Season 3: 8-8
Season 4: 6-10
Season 5: 8-8 [GM Corbin]
Season 6: 8-8 [GM Strike]
Season 7: 9-6-1 [GM Strike]
Season 8: 8-8
Season 9: 10-6 [GM Wrong]

Playoff Appearances:
Season 2 (Conference Finals)
Season 3 (Impact Bowl)
Season 4 (Conference Semis)
Season 5 (Conference Semis)
Season 7 (Conference Semis)
Season 9 (Conference Semis)

RETIRED NUMBERS:
none

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:36:52 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LINCOLN PRIDE
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »

Hey Hey, You there... yeah you.  How would you like to run a football team?  You see, I'm Timothy Meer, and this lug here... well he's Putnam Whart.  We're best friends for life, and we bought a football team a few years ago.  The Lincoln Pride!  Catchy, I know.  But we're lookin' for a guy to come in here and GM the place.  You up for it? hakuna matata!

You know Tim, I think this team needs a new direction, if a GM wanted to come in and mold his own destiny, this is the place to do it!

Hello, I am Kiara Kovu, secretary for the Lincoln Pride, you heard the bosses, we need a GM who has vision.  Someone who will lead this pride and hopefully bring some stability to our team, consider us a blank canvas, ready to be painted..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:25:21 PM by Talon »

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
  • CONTROVERSIAL DECISION MAKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
Messers Meer and Whart,

As a team looking for a direction, I'd like to put forth myself as an ideal candidate for the vacant GM Position. Direction is something I'm good at.

In the unfortunately now-defunct National Baseball League I was given charge of the Oklahoma City Red Roosters. There, I put forth a very clear mission statement, known as my "three year plan". Over three years I intended to build using the best youth talent I could find, with the intention of taking that youth core to the NBL Playoffs.
Our first season, NBL Season Two, saw us draft our initial core, including the much-lauded Rookie Of The Year KJ Hightower, and narrowly miss out on the playoffs, coming second in our division. From all reports, the four players I brought in for Season Three were equally impressive, and we were on our way to achieving the goal after just two years.

Behind that policy, there was also an "all-for-one, one-for-all" mentality, with the focus on the team rather than egos.

Here I'd hope to implement a similar setup. While there is little information in the public eye about your team roster, I'd hope to pepper it with top-quality rookie players, using any veteran experience to mentor them into the setup. Through them we'd look to the future, slowly turning ourselves around to get not only winning records, but hopefully a return to the Impact Bowl with a different result.

Thank you for your time. I hope you will consider me for this position.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Leon, Leon Baby?!  You're on conference call with me and Putnam! How ya doin buddy?

Mr. Corbin, this is Putnam Whart, a pleasure to finally meet you, I wish it could be in person, but this is the next best thing!!

Leon... wait, is that a luau I hear back there? ...Ah, don't tell me you're at Pearl Harbor!  We want you here in Lincoln, Leon!  If it's the personnel you're worried about, let's talk about our players, what positions are you interested in hearing more information on?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
Wow... I appreciate the effort you guys are going to in putting together this call.

Personnel-wise, I'm in general intrigued to know the teams strengths, and any glaring gaps that need immediate addressing so I can understand how much work needs doing. On top of that, in a more specific sense, the focal Quarterback position would be one that I'd like to know how this team stands.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
Also, a general indication of the team age. Is it veteran-heavy, a bunch of rookies, or somewhere between the two?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

Well at Quarterback we have a stable of great players, 29 year old Steven Crawford started in DC for 2 years and has been with us for the past two, he had his career best season last year with us with 3558 yards 25 touchdowns and only 8 interceptions. He's a pocket passer with amazing accuracy, maybe the best in the league, but the knock on him is he isn't a natural leader.  Behind him we have 26 year old Earl Acker who has a high football IQ, and above average arm strength and accuracy, he was a team captain in college 4 years ago, and people love his work ethic, but he has never taken a snap in the HIFL, he's been a career back up here in Lincoln along with our other back up, 27 year old William Brewster.  Will is even more talented than Earl, he has the juice to be a starting quarterback in this league, we drafted him #4 overall in the S2 draft, but when we brought in Crawford it blocked his chance at starting.  Not our finest hour as far as loyalty goes, but that was the old coaches decision.  Will has better accuracy and Arm strength than Earl, and has a higher football IQ than Crawford, his work ethic is strong and his attitude is quality, but he is hoping to be traded so he can get a shot as a starting QB in the league, in seas 2 as a rookie Will had to start 4 games due to injury and he threw 11 TDs and only 2 INTs, he's a good quarterback... The big thing is that all 3 of our QB's are in the final year of their contracts, so we can decide one of them is our future, or you could look to start fresh.

We have both veteran and young first round draft pick talent at Running back, our offensive line is a blend of youth and experience, we need to bring in wide receivers, and our defense is mostly young, with a few veterans!

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
I have to admit, that's exactly the kind of dilemma that a GM would want to have in having too many great options, rather than in not having any good choices at all. It's a shame Brewster wants out, as based on what you've said he'd be my personal first choice. Do you think he could be swayed into staying?

As for elsewhere, I'm liking what I hear. Seems like there's options all-around, and only one area in need of immediate overhaul, which could easily be worked on.

You've definitely raised my interest in your organisation further.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »

If we decided to part ways with Crawford, I'm sure Brewster would stay, he just wants his chance to start.  He isn't angry or bitter by any means.

We'd love to have you here as our General Manager Mr. Corbin, what do you say?!

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
I say that you guys have got yourselves a General Manager.

Thank you for the opportunity.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »

YES!  Excellent!!! Putnam, you hear that?! The kid is in!!!!

That's Wonderful!!! We can't wait for you to fly in! Welcome to Lincoln!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 02:44:01 AM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:44:53 AM by Talon »

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
Thank you Kiara. I shall get to studying it.

While I do that, can we get Harry Bryce on the line about our Head Coach position.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Bryce, it's GM Corbin of the Lincoln Pride here. I'd like to talk to interview you with a view towards being our Head Coach. Is that something you'd be interested in? And if so, can you tell me about yourself, such as your past experience and what you'd bring to the role.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »

I just signed a deal to work as the OC in Long Beach, sorry GM Corbin.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »
Blast. Clearly I missed the memo.

------------------------------------------------------------

Let's try Randy Barbour instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Barbour, it's GM Corbin of the Lincoln Pride here. I'd like to talk to interview you with a view towards being our Head Coach. Is that something you'd be interested in? And if so, can you tell me about yourself, such as your past experience and what you'd bring to the role.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »

Sir, the league office was not thoughtful enough to remove already employed coaches from their list they gave us.  Coaches Hollingsworth and Barbour are with Vegas from last season, Bo Action is in Alabama and has brought in Steve Brigham and Bill Crowder as coordinators, Long Beach has Anderson Ginobili and Mr. Bryce as well...  My apologies for not pointing this out sooner.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »
Ah.. That's annoying... Starting to think it would have been easier to put out a "who wants the job" and taken applications.. Although then we'd run the risk of GM TJ turning up. That YouTube footage is hilarious...

Right, let's try Wade Thomas.

--------------------------------------------

Mr Thomas, GM Corbin here from Lincoln Pride, making calls about the vacant Head Coach position. Would you be interested in interviewing for the position? And if so, what would you bring to the role in terms of coaching style and experience?

[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

I've never been a head coach before, I was a QB coach but if you want me as the coach, I'd do it.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »
A QB coach? Then you might be what I'm looking for at Offensive Coordinator if you're not sure on the Head Coaching position.

What would you describe your style and philosophy as, and of our major options in Crawford and Brewster, which would you select as the starter?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »

As a man who never got a fair shot to be  a starter, I'd choose whoever was the back up last year.  I always work better with the back ups.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »
Ok.. That's all for now.

I've got a couple of other calls I want to make before I commit to any decisions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiara, can I get Travis Freese on the line please..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Freese, GM Corbin of the Lincoln Pride here, interviewing for the Head Coach position. I'd like to talk to you if that is something you'd be interested in? If so, can you tell me about yourself, such as your past experience and preferred playstyle as well as what you'd bring to the role.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »

*PLEASE HOLD, THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO CALL IS ON ANOTHER LINE AT THIS TIME*

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 01:47:32 PM »
Kiara, if Travis Freese is busy, let's get Otis Freese on the line...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Freese, GM Corbin of the Lincoln Pride here, interviewing for the Head Coach position. I'd like to talk to you if that is something you'd be interested in? If so, can you tell me about yourself, such as your past experience and preferred playstyle as well as what you'd bring to the role.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

Never worked with the offenses sonny, but I do love to take a linebacker and make him into a smart son of a gun!

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
So we'd need to bring in a skilled offensive coach.. That I think we can do.

I have three questions:
One - What defensive formation and blitz-style are you most familiar with?
Two - Given your experience is primarily defensive, would you be willing to work with a rookie DC, as I'm hoping to give an opportunity to someone fresh in one of our staff spots?
and three - What would you look for in a defensive coordinator to work under yourself?

These three will determine if you're the man I'm looking for at head coach.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »

Well jack, 3-4 with a ton of blitzing is my game.  I would train a pup into being a better DC one day, and I think a like minded 3-4 blitzer would be ideal.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
In which case, Mr Freese, may I have a moment to make an enquiry?

--------------------------------------------------------

Kiara, can you get me Roman Beast please...

--------------------------------------------------------

Mr Beast, GM Corbin here of the Lincoln Pride. We're considering offering you a shot as our Defensive Coordinator under Mr Otis Freese, but would like to know your preferred formation and blitzing percentage before we can commit to anything.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »

Hey GM Corbin, I won a 3 titles in Alabama, I retired a few months ago and now I'm ready to bring our same intense high pressure 3-4 bltizing attack to you.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
Ah, exactly what our potential Head Coach requested.

Would you mind holding while I finish up with him?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Freese, I think I've found a match, so we're good to go.

What numbers are you looking for? 2 years at 5 million a good start?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

Deal Jack!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:41:52 PM by Talon »

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
Pleasure doing business with you.

----------------------------------------------------

Ok, Mr Beast. We've got our Head Coach signed, now we just need you.

Three-years, three million any good to you?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »

How about 2 years for 3MM?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2014, 02:54:38 PM »
Two-for-three we can do. I'll go file the paperwork.

Welcome to the team.

-------------------------------------------

Kiara, is Woodrow Bray free? If so, can I speak to him about our Offensive Coordinator positon..
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »

Hello sir, I believe in a strong power running game, I love running the football out of the old school I formation. I used to play tackle for New Jersey, so I want to see our offensive line play well.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »
Hmm.. I'd prefer a more balanced style given our talent at QB, but I shall keep you in mind.

---------------------------------------------------

Kiara, can we get back in contact with Wade Thomas please.

---------------------------------------------------

Mr Thomas, we've signed our Head Coach, but he's got no offensive experience, meaning the entire setup would be on you.

Is that something you can handle?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 03:51:04 PM »

That sure is a lot of pressure..

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Indeed it is, but you'll have my full backing if you think you can work it.

I fully understand if it's too much and you wish to decline.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »

I will regretfully decline at this time, I am not ready for that large of a role, and I don't want to damage either of our reputations with a bad career move...

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
I fully understand, and wish you the best of luck in your continued search for a role.

----------------------------------------------

Kiara, is Anton Cobbs available to speak with?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »

Hello.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
Mr Cobbs, It's GM Corbin of the Lincoln Pride. We're currently looking for an offensive coordinator and I'd like to interview you for the role.

Firstly I feel obliged to point out that our Head Coach is defensive-based, so you'd have to be able to handle the offensive setup yourself. Is that something you'd be comfortable with?

If you are, what is your preferred style of offense?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »

I could give it a shot, I've never been that in control of an offense before.. I am a balanced offensive mind, I was a back up receiver as a pro, never got the chance to make an impact.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 04:28:34 PM »
I like the give it a go attitude.

Balanced offense matches my hopes. What's your ideal run/pass ratio?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 04:34:21 PM »

Something close to 50/50.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
Mr Cobbs, I think you're our man.

What sort of numbers are we going to have to put to paper in order to have you in our organisation?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »

What are you offering?

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
Three years, four million?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »

Hell yeah, thats more than I made as a pro.

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:10 PM »
I shall file the paperwork immediately.

------------------------------------------------

Kiara, what's the next step for us now we've signed our staff?
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »

Like a Lioness on the hunt, we will lay low in the brush and wait for the next move..