Author Topic: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS  (Read 75563 times)

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS
« Reply #2100 on: November 22, 2018, 12:15:07 PM »

A lot of new faces this season coach. Who has impressed you the most? How are you feeling about us going into the season on both sides of the ball?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: November 22, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »

I'd say Havlock...  "The team is coming together nicely enough.  Everyone has been receptive to Coach Hunter's new offensive system and with me staying in command here the defense is progressing with another year in my scheme.  Coach Thought is an interesting addition to the staff, but he is passionate if nothing else.  We've got some good captains, but Prince and Stacy should probably not do the honors again in the future.  We've got good depth, so I am confident that if we have injuries to deal with that we can continue to carry on and try to get some wins and maybe even push for that 6-seed."
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 22, 2018, 11:40:14 PM »

What do you think about out battle for these positions? We've got a lot of talent at these positions I figure we'd be able to figure out who should be where with them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 23, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »

LOOKS AROUND LEFT AND RIGHT

At which positions?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 24, 2018, 12:10:33 AM »
\

The positions I mentioned in the presser, Coach.

"I wanna see who wants to step up in our receiving core between James Van Driver, Thomas McDonald and LaVar Jackson Jr.

Will also want to see who steps up between our deep..and I MEAN DEEEEEPPP Linebacker Core with Carrol Lang, Wilfredo Barrera, Chris Blevins and Neil Wray.

And finally, one last battle between our two corners Jackson Havlock & Michael Montero."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 24, 2018, 12:42:51 AM »

I'd say JVD, all four backers in the 3-4, and Havlock.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 24, 2018, 12:58:44 AM »

How do you think Meek is gonna be this season with these new pieces around him? I'm hoping we see some improvement with Grover, JVD and the others at his disposal.

How's Wayne looking? You feel he's ready to start for us or should we hold back and let him grow?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 24, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »

I'm expecting Meek to be much improved, but with QB's we don't know until they start playing games.  Burden is better than Caldwell, but he'll still need some work to really get where we want him.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 24, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »

Hmm..Might be a good idea to have them split the snaps until we feel he is comfortable. More snaps go Wayne's way once he is and we feel he is ready to take on the bigger load.

How do you feel about us going with a committee with our RB's rather than just having Pugh as the primary. I would say he gets the majority of the snaps still which is something I'll talk to him about later, but I think with our core we got right now it's gonna do us a lot of good in the backfield.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 24, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »

It's not a bad idea, as long as it doesn't throw off chemistry with Pugh.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: November 25, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »

I'm hoping it won't, Coach. Alright Coach I'll let you get back to prepping for the preseason. Can you send Pugh up real quick then I'll get us locked in and squared away.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 25, 2018, 06:44:37 PM »

Its about time I was brought up to the office!  Talk to me Bennett! 

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 25, 2018, 10:46:44 PM »

Melvin! How are you doing? Yes I know this would be the first time I've actually had you come up to the office isn't it?

I hear that you weren't too happy with the decision of us going to a committee rather than you the main guy. Well let me set the record straight with you Melvin, you are still our primary RB. The reason we're going to a committee is because you Shayne and LiAngelo all have different styles of how you run the ball and I wanna take these sonsofbitches by surprise every time. Keep them on their toes not knowing what the hell is gonna hit em. With that said you are still our primary back and with us doing this you'll be fresh every time you step out on that field and run these assholes over who dare to even try to take you down.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: November 26, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »

That sounds good and all, but man let me tell you one thing. I am the greatest!  I can run it inside, I can run it outside, I can catch it, I can throw it... I'm a modern day Boobie Miles!  I'm the G.O.A.T. and people don't even realize it yet!

They can try, but they can't prove me wrong because I'll say it again!  I AM THE GREATEST!  They can't tackle me!  They can't stop me!  I'm too damn pretty to be put down on that turf!  These defenders are too slow and too ugly!  Too stupid and Too foolish to realize that trying to stop me is a waste of their time because I am the greatest!  I don't understand why these other boys need to touch the football on our team, I am the one who can do it all, and I like to do it all.. that's why I'm so great!

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 26, 2018, 09:02:17 PM »

My man, I understand that. I know this! You ain't gotta tell me you're great. I know you're great. You show that you are each and every time you step out there on the field. But you gotta understand the other two are great too. The Rook, LiAngelo not there yet but I believe under you he will learn to be just that. You're a leader on this team Melvin. You gotta have their backs and know they gonna hold it down for you when you not in the game. It's all about keeping you fresh as can be so you can float like a butterfly and sting these punks like a bee! All I'm saying is you gonna be taken care of my brother. You don't need to worry. You're the number one back on this team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: November 26, 2018, 10:07:08 PM »

Respect what you got to say, just don't expect me to slow down, the Greatest ain't slowin' down his train for no man.  Lets do this thing!

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 27, 2018, 12:34:37 AM »

I wouldn't expect anything my brother. Let's have us a good preseason, yeah? Thanks for coming up Melvin.

---

Princess is there anything I need to complete before I get to locking us in?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:06 PM »

Nope hun, you just gotta list any changes you want to make if you had anything different sugar.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 28, 2018, 01:14:25 AM »

Preseason Game One vs. Long Beach

Player Rotations: Mostly Starters
Play Calling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision

In Season Training
9 Hours Position Training
6 Hours Athletic Training
4 Hours Physical Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: QB Michael Meek, TE Wayne Burden, WR Thomas McDonald, LB Wilfredo Barrera, CB Jackson Havlock

Preseason Game Two vs. St. Louis

Player Rotations: Balanced For The First Half - Mostly Back-Ups For The Second Half

In Season Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: RB LiAngelo Jackson, DE Kyle Smith, WR LaVar Jackson Jr., LB Neil Wray, CB Michael Montero

Music ♛ Reigns

LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 14, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »

1. What did you gather from your preseason games?

We had us a successful preseason and from what I've gathered from both our wins is that our guys are ready to compete. Both sides of the football, guys are playing hard and showing how much growth has happened for this team in training camp. We continue to get better and that's what want. We want to make each other better and grow with one another. It's pretty clear that both our offense and defense are nothing to sniff at. Teams already knew we had the tenacity and the no quit attitude last season but I believe you see what we were able to accomplish in this preseason, teams are gonna have no choice but to open their eyes and take us seriously if they were dumb enough not to at the beginning.

I'm really proud of everyone.

2. How much stock do you put into your teams preseason performance?

The preseason is meant to give us an idea of what we got when competing against other teams. I think our preseason shown us where we excel and where we need to improve. I put a lot of stock in the preseason for that reason alone. Sure I love that we won both of our preseason games but we know what the preseason is truly for. Every time we step out onto the field it's gonna be a learning experience for us and we're just gonna continue to get better and better.

3. What is your primary and secondary goal this season, personally?

My primary goal this season is to have a much better season than the prior season when I came on in the middle of the season. To me this is my official first season with having the off-season under my belt and starting this a season new. We've made a lot of improvements this off season and got a lot of talent. I want us to have an improved record compared to last season. With the talent we have now and the coaches we were able to bring in this season I believe we can do just that.

As for my secondary goal...I'd love for us to make the playoffs. That would be a huge leap for us but I honestly think we are capable of pulling it off this season. Only time will tell but I have faith in our team and our program.

4. Who impressed you the most on your own team in the pre-season?

Michael Meek. Chris Blevins. Wilfredo Barrera. Our entire receiving core.

I don't have to tell you why, you seen what these guys were able to accomplish this past two weeks.

5. With the start of the season finally here, what do you expect from your players in week one?

I except these guys to come out and compete. Fight hard bell to bell. We have a tough game to start off the season in terms of facing the Orlando Stampede. I believe we have what it takes to come out with the win and protect our kingdom at home. I think our defense is gonna have a huge game this week and our offense is gonna be able to reap the benefits.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: December 14, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »

a nice confidence booster for Michael, being awarded pre-season MVP.  Definitely a step in the right direction.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: December 14, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »

Was one helluva game to earn him that right. Our O-Line did a great job to give him time to slang that football around the field too. Very, very, very proud of him. If he can keep that up for the rest of the season, we're gonna do just find coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 16, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »

I agree 100%

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 16, 2018, 03:29:12 PM »

How are you feeling about this upcoming week against Orlando, Coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: December 16, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »

They're always a tough team, they're well rounded and while they might not be perfect at any one thing defensively, they are not bad at anything either. It will be a tough match up, but we can use it as a measuring stick as to where we are right now.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: December 18, 2018, 12:43:30 AM »

Sounds good to me coach. Will be great for us to get us a win to kick off the season here at home as well. Can't wait to see what these boys can do.

If there's not anything else we need to address this week or no players need to come and have a chat, I'll get us squared away and ready to lock in.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: December 19, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »

I'll let you decide that.  I'm good to go boss.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 20, 2018, 12:13:08 AM »

Game One vs. Orlando

In Season Training
5 Hours Athletic Training
5 Hours Physical Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: QB Michael Meek, LB Michael Burger, WR Lavar Jackson Jr., LB Wilfredo Barrera, CB Jackson Havlock

Music ♛ Reigns

LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 28, 2018, 01:23:28 AM »

Let's start this off with saying this was one helluva game. One helluva game to kick off the season. One helluva win for this team. One helluva win for our city. Our guys didn't give up. No matter the circumstances our guys went out there and competed like there was no tomorrow. There was no way they were going to let these fans down, I believe that much is certain. I think it's pretty clear that we have vastly improved on both ends of the ball this season and we look forward to proving the GM's and teams around this league that dare to doubt us every step of the way.

1. Talk us through your first regular season game of the season, who impressed, who failed?

It was a tough back and forth game. There were plenty of times I was on the edge of my seat thinking the ends was near, I'll be honest about that. But I love our guys hearts and spirit. We proved that we are true Kings through and through as we didn't lose faith in ourselves and pulled off one helluva upset victory against a great team. Barajas had an awesome game...But it wasn't good enough to take us down. Holt..Well I think our receiving core proved that he's all talk and can't walk the walk when the music plays. Meek continues to show he's bound to be one of the elite QB's in this league and it's only his sophomore season, can only imagine how bright his future is. He was slinging the ball around like crazy tonight and I loved every moment of it. Our running back core did their thing creating a balance for our offense. DIRRTTTTYYYY SSAANNNCHEEEZZZZ did his freaking thing tonight. He had this crowd going wild when we needed it. Our defense played one helluva game creating stops and keeping us alive in this game. I love close games like this especially when I'm on the winning side of it. I'm not gonna say we failed anywhere but I do believe our offensive line can do better. Barajas with 4 sacks alone is unacceptable. One sack is unacceptable to begin with but 4? Despite that, I'm proud with the overall production of our team this week.

2. What do you want to see your team improve on the field?

I pretty much just said it. We gotta protect our QB more. We did a lot of good this week and we will continue to improve as the season goes on. We're proving to be a threat in this league and I'm loving it. Let's keep it going.

3. Give us a take from at least two of the stories in the media this week.

If Seattle seriously allowed for Ibrahimovic to continue playing with a concussion then I believe their medical staff and coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves. This is a man's life they are putting in harms way. A life is more important than a game. No game is more important than somebody's health.

A lot of surprising upsets this week. I'm proud to see it honestly. Might be a bit of a change of the guard going on, we'll have to see how things go as the season continues. Might be some more surprise victories in the midst.

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week. What is the biggest match up to watch in your eyes when it comes to victory?

Our first game on the road coming up this week against the Charlotte Crowns. I believe if our defense can limit there offense from having any kind of momentum, we'll have us a big win this week in Carolina.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 28, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »

Glad to see us using Sanchez in some surprise situations paid off.. That should be a good weapon throughout the year in short yardage I would think.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: December 28, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »

Shocked the hell outta me coach...AND I LOVED IT! Great win coach. Great way to kick off our season. Our next game I expect to be just as much of a challenge when we head over to face off with the Crowns. How are you feeling about this match up?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: December 28, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »

After that win against Orlando, I believe we can eat Charlotte, I believe we can do a lot of good things, and with the way Sullivan struggled in week one, I think we can get to him and rattle him as well.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: December 29, 2018, 12:10:41 AM »

With the kind of defense we got this season, hell me too coach.

With that said, is there anything else we need to address this week before locking in?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: December 29, 2018, 01:05:35 AM »

Nope.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: December 29, 2018, 01:35:16 PM »

Game Two vs. Charlotte

In Season Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: RB Melvin Pugh, G Osvaldo Donnelly, T Anderson Guerra, LB Neil Wray, CB Michael Montero

Music ♛ Reigns

DESTINY IS ALL !!!!!

LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 06, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »

1. What stood out to you this week from your game, both good and bad?
Another awesome game for this ball club. There wasn't anything negative about this game I can honestly think of. Meek has proved once again that he is emerging if he hasn't already as an elite QB. I've said it last season when I came into organization and was able to see him work first hand with my own two eyes. I told the world the potential I seen in him and it's truly coming out of him so far this season. Don't worry, we aren't concerned about some random drug test screening. Meek is the real deal. We have one of the best running cores in the league and our guys are proving it. Our receiving core is undeniable. Our defense is improving week after week. There's nothing negative I can say about this team this week, I'm just so proud of them and for what is to come.

2. How do you feel about GM's feuding with the owners of other franchises?
I feel there are some people who deserve respect and others who don't. Respect is something that is earned not something that can be commanded. You have an owner in this league who treats his staff like sharecroppers and players like slaves on a damn plantation all while demanding their respect. That's not a owner I can respect. I believe if GM's in this league do not agree with an owner and they have open their mouths and express how they feel? Then let them. Stand for what you believe in, don't cower and hide from your beliefs.

3. Two games into the season, are you getting what you expected out of your team?
Yes and then some. We are proving our doubters wrong. We are shutting our doubters the hell up. We're going to continue our reign until people learn to stop doubting us and realize that Music Reigns. You may doubt us now..You might not respect us. Trust me once the final second ticks, you'll have no choice but to respect and honor the Kings.

4. No team is perfect, what do you feel your biggest weakness is going into week three?
Our offense is right where want it. We can't let off the gas against the Warriors. They're going to be coming into Nashville looking for something to prove. We're gonna have to deny them this honor. It's gonna come down to our offense and use stopping them through the air. Deny them for what they seek. Get to the QB. Put him in the ground. Let him hear the music.

5. Which match up will be the key to victory for your team this week?
Our secondary vs. Warriors Receiving Core. We have to limit Pitts & Zambrano as much as possible.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 07, 2019, 01:50:17 PM »

Outstanding performance, now to follow it up with another one.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 07, 2019, 09:36:43 PM »

Fantastic week coach, just fantastic! The improvements we've seen week to week have been more than I could have imagined coach. I feel good about our chances of making the playoffs this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 07, 2019, 09:41:36 PM »

Likewise, our passing game is developing into the best deep threat in the league.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 07, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »

We have a spoil of riches on offense this year coach, not to mention our linebacker core. Haha, it's gonna be a fun season.

Speaking of deep threats...Looks like we might have us a bit of a challenge against Atlanta this week. How we feeling bout this weeks match up?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 07, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »

Atlanta's offense is middle of the pack in every major category, and their pass defense is #1 again just like last year, so I think we find our real success running against their 24th ranked run D, part of that is inflated by Ortega slapping them in the face with his jock strap for half the game in week 1, but we're putting up 41.5 points per game, and I don't think they can keep up.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 07, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »

I think a balanced run attack will help knock their secondary a peg or two when we do go through the air.

Anything else we need to speak on coach? Any adjustments you want me to make in our lock in this week or same as usual?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 07, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »

I'm good to go.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 07, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »

Game Three vs. Atlanta

In Season Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: SS Charles Bishop, DT Tony Stacy, WR Thomas McDonald, T Mark Prince, RB LiAngelo Jackson

Music ♛ Reigns

DESTINY IS ALL !!!!!

LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2019, 01:29:22 AM »

Before I answer any questions..3-0. First ever in franchise history. We are truly making history here in this Kingdom this season. The fans know it. The players know it. The coaches know it. The entire organization knows it. Hell, all of Tennessee knows it. I'm extremely proud of this team and can't wait to see what else we are capable to achieve during this already history season.

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

This week against a talented Atlanta team we were able to take full on advantage of shutting them down defensively. I said last week it would take us putting their QB on the ground and making him hear the music. I think it's safe to say that he heard the music pretty damn good this past Sunday. Along with our outstanding defense our offense was able to show just how dynamic it is. It has been clear that we have one of the best air attacks in the league, but I believe we also have the best ground game in the league as well. We pretty much proved that tonight as not just one guy was able to get into the end zone but 4, including our emerging Elite QB Michael Meek....Man. How did twelve other teams pass on a guy like Meek, huh? Haha. With that said, Atlanta did prove that they have a tough secondary which is why I think we we had to turn to our rushers and did so well. Still, Meek was able to have a good game through the air proving to everyone that he has arrived. This team man...People wanted to doubt us. But we're proving our doubters wrong and I love it. Not to mention we're one of two of the only undefeated teams in the league.

The negatives I take away from this game were the 4 sacks we allowed. We had a great game nevertheless but 1 too many sacks allowed in this game.

2. The XFL and AAF have been very quiet since their championship games received very low viewership, do you believe there is room for that many professional football league's in America?

To be honest with you, no. I don't think you can over saturate the market like this. Sure you can have more than one league but I believe more than two would be too many. You have to think about the quality of your product. We here in HIFL have some of the best talent known to man when it comes to professional football. The boys in college or the kids at home aren't striving to be in the XFL or the AAF. They want to be a part of the best league in the world, HIFL. Sure it's a great opportunity to be in those leagues but we all know the main goal is to be in the HIFL.

Quality Over Quantity.

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

This being the franchises first ever 3-0 I believe means more than any other news story out there. I'm so proud of these guys. From our players all the way up to our coaching staff. It's great to see the fans coming out to support us as well. We know we have us a HUGE match up with the defending champs in a couple weeks, and it'll be great to see all of our fans inside the Kingdom helping us protect it against the Nighthawks.

4. What do you make of the incredible season Jamie Ortega is having this year, first place in passing and rushing TDs, as well as rushing yards all while only having one interception on the season.. is that MVP Caliber in your eyes, and if not, who is your early favorite for league MVP?

Right now I believe Ortega is for sure the number one guy in the running for MVP. No doubt about it. With the kind of season he's having right now it's hard to deny that he's the guy right now...but I'd honestly like to the Meek's name in that hat as well with the year he's having as well. That's just me.

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

This week we're gonna be heading down to Miami which this will be first of our two toughest games to begin the season. We're pumped about this match up, it's gonna be a true challenge for us no kidding about it. We may be heading to the beautiful city of Miami, but the Kings will be heading down with the full intention of slaying some Killer Whales. We're sure even though we are undefeated, the guys down there doubt us. Think they're better than us. We're just gonna have to do what we've been doing all year and that's proving them wrong. We don't plan on just earning your respect we expect to beat it out of you...Then maybe afterwards we can go enjoy South Beach. But business first!

I believe in order for us to win we're gonna have to take advantage of Randolph not being out there to help them. Not only that we need to shut them down completely. With that it will just motivate our offense to press on the gas and lead us to victory. It starts at the line. We'll be depending on our lines on both sides of the ball to help get us this victory this week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »

Well so far, deciding not to retire was the right call.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »

Convincing you not to retire is doing me dividends as well, haha. Great start to the season coach! Great start!

Our toughest tests are ahead of us though. First up, Miami!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: Today at 12:54:00 AM »

They're a tough squad, but they are loss on offense right now. We just have to shut down the run game.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: Today at 01:52:00 AM »

I trust that we have the assets to do just that. I don't want us to come up lacking in the secondary though, this will be a good test for us before having to face off with Ortega and the Nighthawks nightmare of an offense...And defense for that matter.

How do you think we'll do offensively against these Killer Whales?