Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 48697 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1450 on: March 18, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
Good, you have been started the season off strong and I can wait to see how much better we get with you guys doing your thing on offense. I'm glad all is going well with your transition here in Atlanta. I'll let you get back to  practice.

------

Ms. Watson can you get me Julio Redd.

-----

Julio, I'm just checking in to see how your holding up, the guys miss you out there but I do not want you to be in any hurry to get back until you are %100 percent

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 18, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »

I'd be so much better if your secretary came and rubbed my hammy... like all night long.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 18, 2018, 07:25:31 PM »
(laughs) I hear you, I think everyone here would love a rub down from Ms. Watson, unfortunately, I think she would kick my ass if I even hinted at such a luxury. Good to see you're in good spirits. We can't wait to have you back, I know Tommy can't wait either. With that said, we want you back at 100 percent so I think it's a good idea to sit you for one more week then reconvene after the Charlotte game to access your timetable for a return, how does that sound?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 18, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »

If the doc clears me to play, then I'm 100%... so why not just let it ride?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 18, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
Absolutely, I just didn't want you to think you needed to rush back if you weren't feeling up to it. Trust me, we all want you back. Thanks Julio. I'm going to let you go and continue preparing and working out.

-----

Ms. Watson, can you get me CB Cavanaugh and Evans

----

James, Evans, I just wanted to congratulate you both on one hell of a game. You both along with Van Buren were the difference. This week we have the Crowns and they have some talented WR's that are going to test you. I want you men to give them all they can handle and more. It's these types of match ups that will make the league take notice of how good our defensive backfield really is.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 18, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »
THEY AGREE

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 18, 2018, 08:58:27 PM »
Great gentlemen, can't wait to see this match up. I'll let you go continue preparing and getting ready for this weeks game.

-----

Ms. Watson, if no one wants to meet or discuss anything, I'll be getting ready to finalize our side of things

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 19, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
WR Depth Chart
1) Pitts 2) Craven (SLOT) West 4)Flynn 5)Leroy

KR West
PR Leroy

O-line Depth Chart
Julio Redd will sit out if he isn't %100 percent

New In-Season Training Schedule for week 3

- 1 hours Film Study - Tommy Mazza, James Cavanaugh, Eric Evans, Michael Winkler

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 23, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
Well, let's first start with the bad, it's obvious as to what went wrong. Our special teams did not have a good day, compile that with a pick six to end what I thought could have been a game changing drive and a few fumbles and we get the results we got. Our special teams has been doing a solid job but just had a rough week. Let's give credit to Mr Lewis and Mr. Sumner. There play on special teams was the difference. Now the good, and there was a nice amount of good. Once again we held the opposing teams top rb and top wr's to under a hundred yards. Once again we dominated the time of possession. We did a nice job converting third downs and our offense is starting to click. If not for those returns, we would be 2-1 instead of sitting here like Michigan and Rapid City at 1-2

2. How do you feel about the emergence of the Alliance of American Football and the XFL?
It's a good thing, competition of any form is healthy to evolving. No matter what you do in life, there will be times if not challenged you become stagnate. Being stagnate is not good for anyone.  So let them come. I believe we will be fine and it will allow players not beiong signed a chicane to play and get some exposure.

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.
It's nice to see so many young players having an impact early. I mean, I look at out own team, many though the weakest part of our team was our defensive backfield and Evans and Cavanaugh have done a great job so far. These young guys are growing up fast and that's a god thing for everyone.

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week. What will be the key to victory?
First off theya re hurting a bit but are still 3-0, so this will be big. The keys to victory are simple. Limit turnovers, finish drives. That's it. Hopefully we get Julio Redd back to give our QB a bit more time and help get our run game going. We need a big day from Collins and I think this week will be it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 23, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »

This one is a big chance for an upset... Orlando is #1 in passing at like 347 yards per game, but we are quietly #2 in pass defense, only giving up 157 yards per game.  If we can win that battle, we can steal a win and shock the system.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 23, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »
I think we already missed an opportunity against Charlotte, we let that one get away. We have to tighten up our special teams. This week we have an Orlando team that is missing probably their most explosive receiver. I think that coupled with the fact that their defense has been unimpressive creates a perfect storm for us to make a statement. Question coach, I know it isn't the half way point, but what do you think of Tommy Mazza's game so far, I know he hasn't really lit up the stat sheet?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 23, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »

Their defense is ranked 3rd against the pass, so I wouldn't say unspectacular. They are last against the run though, so we could attack them there.

As for Mazza, he's obviously got room to improve, to but I like what he shows me on the field.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 23, 2018, 11:03:00 PM »
Heavy workload for Collins and Vasquez this week. I'm going to talk to Bowman about somethings and let you start prepping. Thanks Coach.

--------

Ms. Watson can you get me coach Bowman

-------

Good evening coach Bowman, First let me say I have been impressed with our balance attack but I was thinking for this week we can bump up the run game because Orlando has trouble with stopping that part of the offense. But before we get into that I wanted to know what does our current run to pass ratio look like?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 24, 2018, 12:33:20 AM »

Well, by looking at the box scores:

Week 1-26/74 Run to Pass

Week 2- 21/79 Run to Pass

Week 3- 45/55 Run to Pass

We started dialing to a more balanced level after week 2.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 24, 2018, 12:58:23 AM »
I think we need to take this opportunity to attack Orlando at the weak part of their defense and maybe up the run game. I think Collins is ready for a big game. We should have Julio back and that will definitely help create some holes. I'm thinking, no one expects us to win this game. the only people believing in us is us and I'm just fine with that. We are home and hopefully at full strength, we are in a prime position for a big upset this week. let's grind them to the ground. I'm thinking 60/40 run/pass. Maybe this will help for some big plays down field also.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 24, 2018, 01:34:05 AM »

Alright, sounds good.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 24, 2018, 07:37:14 AM »
Great coach. I know you have a lot of work to do for our match up this week so I'll let you have at it.

----

Ms Watson can you get me RB Daniel Collins

---

Mr. Collins first let me say your with and without the ball in your hands has been well received. If you heard what I told the press last week, I meant it. Myself and the coaches are very pleased with your level of play at such an early going. With that said I am here to tell you I have spoken to our coaches and have suggested that we focus more on the run game and they agree. You need more touches and we are going to give it to you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 24, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »

Sounds good to me, feed me them carries and I can stack bodies on the way to the end zone.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 24, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »
We are leaning on you the rest of the way. Go show them who Daniel Collins is.

-----

Ms Watson can you get me coach Campbell

----

Coach I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with how you got these young guys playing. We are only going to get better.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 25, 2018, 09:48:19 AM »

It's sunny outside.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 26, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »
Absolutely, and only getting brighter. Coach before we lock in for the week, is there any player right now on the bench you feel should be starting and can help us moving forward or do you feel comfortable with our starters in place?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 26, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »

Nothing to change, no reason to change.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 26, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
Good, that's the way it will stay then. Thank you coach. I'll let you start getting ready.

----

Ms Watson can you get me QB Tommy Mazza

---

Mr. Mazza, first off let me say it's been a pleasure watching you out there. I knew you had a good game and watching you now use your leg to get out trouble and even score has been a pleasure. I must say though, no GM or Coach ever likes to see their QB Take off, well maybe GM Pancho does but I know you can handle yourself out there just please be careful. Now for the reason i called you in here. We are going to rely heavy on the run game this week to attack Orlando's weakness. depending how this works out moving forward, is there anything I can do besides acquiring players that can help you. I feel we have improved greatly with Pitts, I think we have a solid run game and an emerging o-line but I am not out there with those men you are. So is there anything we might consider adding or taking away that would assist you with becoming even more comfortable and lethal with the offense.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 26, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »

Nothing really boss, I'd love to upgrade over Craven on the outside when we spread, we don't have a good option on hte team besides Pitts and West, and I know West is best in the slot... so in the future, adding a sure-handed outside WR would help me out.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 26, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »
Sounds great, we can see were we are at around weeks 8 through 10. If it seems like we have a chance, I can definitely try and make that happen. Other than that I will make it a top three priority in the off season. Thank you for your input. We let one get away with Charlotte but we can get it back this week. We have an amazing opportunity that I think we can capitalize on. I'll let you get back to practice and film.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 26, 2018, 09:14:20 PM »

Sounds good boss.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 26, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »
Great. I'll let you get back to practice

---

Depth Chart
If T Julio Redd is %100 he will start, If not he will sit out.

RB 1) Collins, 2) Vasquez 3) Hood

No extra training hours

KR West, Hood
PR Craven, Hood

Tempo:Normal
Primary RB: Collins
Run/Pass: 60/40

Coaches make all other decisions

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 03, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
I saw some good things this week; unfortunately it wasnít enough to overcome our one big mistake.  Once again we got bit by a big time special teams mistake. Those three returns in two weeks in games we had a chance to win. But I will talk to the coaches to try and figure that part of our team out. On another note it was good to get Julio back out there. Our offense is really starting to click. Some big plays from West and a great 3 TD 100 yard game from Daniel Collins. Glad to see we got him going. Once again we dominated time of possession we limited turnovers. When you look at the game sheet we should have won that game, but we didnít and thatís the part as a team, coaching staff, and GM we have to figure out

Give us an evaluation of the first quarter of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

For the first quarter I am impressed with this young group on defense. Being a top three pass defenses cannot go without saying. Those guys in that locker room  heard all the off season mumblings about Stephen Leake and Chris Chandler being our only players on defense and they have really stepped up to put their names in the conversation.  As far as bad, I would say anything was bad but again, our biggest weakness at the moment seems to be our special teams. Rather it is formations or guys playing out of place we will figure it out.

With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and what do you need to do to achieve that by the end of the season?
The standings are absolutely not a reflection of our team.  We believe we should be at least 2-2 maybe even 3-1. When you look at the games we lost, it was because we gave them away. Turnovers, missed opportunities and 1 or 2 big plays given up on either side of the ball were the difference in each game. But, itís part of the maturation process. More than half this team is playing together for the first time and every week we step on that field is a week we can work on things like timing, communication and comfortability playing with one another.  We have 3 quarters of the season left. We get better every week and that holds truth for next week also.

What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams MVP?

As far as challenges go, I wonít talk about challenges Iíll talk about solutions. The biggest solution for any challenge is patience. I am confidence the rest of the way we will really start to put it together on all ends.  As far as MVP goes, well, normally I donít want to come out here individualize these things so I wonít. I will say I have to really give it up for our young CBís and LB's. Cavanaugh and Evans, and our young LB Van Buren. Every week our young rookies are making plays and keeping us in the game so hats off to them.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

This week we go to Miami. They are but one game better so this is another opportunity for us. They have a real good front seven so we are going to have to be smart in the trenches and tighten up.  They play a grindíem out game so we are going to have to match their grit. I think we match up well and this could be one of those games that really help each team get on track.  I see Miami and I see a team, like us needing some consistency to get back on track so this game will be a big one.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 09, 2018, 04:47:14 PM »

It blows my mind that we are 2nd in yards allowed but 20th in points allowed..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 10, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
Experience and maturity. We are finding our way. We give up the yards and clamp down in the red zone. Not a bad thing but it's part of the maturation and experience process. I'm not worried about our defense as much as I am about our special teams. Coach, can you give me a depth chart of who is on our special teams. on both KR and PR?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 12, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »

When we return kicks, its West and LeRoy back as the return men.

Then we have Cavanaugh, Evans, Winkler, Barclay, Leake, Chandler, Vazquez, Flynn and Craven as the return team.

When we return punts - LeRoy is the return man, Chandler, Ezell, Slender, Leake, Van Buren, Barclay, Evans, Winkler, Bullock, and Ash work the return team.

Or were you talking about our Kicking and Punting team?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 12, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Well all information is good seeing how that seems to be where we are having the most trouble. But since we are on it, I would like to know who is on our kicking and punting team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 14, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »

On Kick offs, we roll out Cavanaugh, Evans, Winkler, Collins, West, Pitts, LEake, Chandler, Vazquez, and Flynn.

On Punts, Collins, Martinez, Pitts, West, Gilbert, Redd, ing, Hendrickson, Esparza, and Seal.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 15, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna look at the roster closely and make some changes. Before we lock in we will have a better Special teams unit out there coach. I'll let you get things ready.

---

Ms. Watson can you get me the head of our Minor league Sean Peterson

--

Mr. Peterson, a quarter of the way through and what news have you got for me. Tell me, is Haney ready to be on the main roster as a number 2 and special teams and if so who else?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 19, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »

Haney is probably more talented than either of our starting Free Safeties currently, so yes he's ready to at least play special teams and work as a back up.

Mundy could push Slender out of a job, and Kirkland might be the best lineman in our organization.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:49:42 AM by Talon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: April 20, 2018, 10:17:03 AM »
Thank you for your input, I think it's time to promote them and give them their opportunity. Time to give them their time ti shine and put them in a position to produce and help us get closer to where we need to be.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 20, 2018, 10:49:58 AM »

Just don't mess it up and go over the roster cap.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 20, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »
Trust me, ain't no one coming up until I decide how to make room and make it official. Thank you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 23, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »

Cool. Later.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me coach Munoz

----

Coach, I made some adjustments and brought up the young talent from the minors. I'll let you guys determine how we use them. I figure better now they get the experience and playing time so we can truly see what we have moving forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 06, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »

Sounds good, I'll see about getting them on the field if they work well in practice.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 06, 2018, 10:37:13 PM »
Great, then I'll let you guys get to work.

----

Run/Pass Ratio: 60/40
Blitz: 35%

Depth Chart:
Kick offs: Cavanaugh, Evans, Haney, Van Buren, Timothy Brown, Ash, Leake, Novak, Bullock, and Seal.

Punts: Charles Martinez, Barclay, Haney, Van Buren, Timothy Brown, Slender, Duckett, Novak, Bullock, and Chandler

All other decisions made by the coaches

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »
Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
This one is easy fellas, not much to talk about when your team puts a goose egg. But let's see how can we dissect this. First, Mazza is going through the rookie growing pains. He is talented throwing and running so Munoz system is bringing out the more versatile side of him, on the negative side, not sure if the option to take off really suits our team and the front line. So I think we'll tweek some things there as far as the run/pass scheme goes.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?
Well, we have Oakland coming in. No game is easy when you are trying to figure out what your identity is as a team. There is no scheme when you are trying to allow your young talent to mature while trying to stay competitive. All we can do is go out there with our game plan, and hope we execute enough to make it a close game and hopefully come out with a win.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 20, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »

Obviously a rough week, but we did get to add some new blood to the roster, I think we made some good call ups.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 20, 2018, 01:33:23 PM »
It's a growing process. We will be better next week then this week, we will be better in two weeks from now then we are one week from now. It's all maturation process. Not an easy one but one all the same.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 20, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »

I agree