Author Topic: TEAM : LINCOLN PRIDE  (Read 145417 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LINCOLN PRIDE
« Reply #3050 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:45 PM »

No doubt boss, I've been doing that for the last 5 years, I love helping these young kids learn the ropes and not get swallowed up. 

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
  • General Manager of the Lincoln Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:35 PM »

Awesome. Letís get that trophy this year my man. Glad we could work this out. As Iím sure you remember, my door is always open.

Kiara, bring in Caleb Smoak for me.

Cap, apologies for not making time to talk to you before pre-season, as you know itís a busy time of year. I just wanted to let you know how stoked we were to bring in a quarterback of your caliber. I hope you were as pleased to find yourself here in Lincoln as we were to get you. Have you been settling in alright?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 15, 2020, 10:35:50 PM »

Absolutely boss, I'm excited to be a part of a team that is committed to going the distance this year, I want to raise that Impact Bowl Trophy more than anything.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 15, 2020, 10:43:34 PM »

Great to hear it. Thatís the plan this year and I hope Iíve assembled the right pieces around you to help get it done. Knock Ďem dead.

Return usage percentages to normal for quarterback and left guard.

Adjust depth chart to the following:

LG- Elisha Head
LG2- Kurt McClung

MLB1- Ervin Edward
MLB2- JíKwon Jackson

OLB1- Miguel Oliver
OLB3- Anthony Purcell

OLB2- Craig Schwartz
OLB4- Enrique Moore

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: May 15, 2020, 10:45:09 PM »
LOCK IN

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »

1. Discuss your first game of the season. What stood out to you as needing improvement?
Well, we started out really strong but then we started to lose things as the game went on. I'm not sure if it was 100% due to Oakland rallying or if we started slipping, so we'll certainly have to analyze that. Fortunately, we didn't completely shut down and still got the win, so I'm happy with that result.

2. Talk about some of the news this week...
I was really pleased to see the success of the Glitz and Hammer show the night after the game. It was an incredible event, I brought my family from Georgia and we had a blast. To hear that those two donated proceeds to Lincoln Children's Hospitals proves once again what a class act they are and we're happy to have them here in Lincoln for years to come.

3. Was there a pleasant or unpleasant surprise that you didn't expect from your team in the individual performance category?
I wasn't too happy to see Dyer miss that field goal. That would've given us a little extra cushion in what became an incredibly close game. But it was the first game of the season, Dyer is a fantastic kicker and we're happy to have him on the squad, I look forward to seeing him crush his next field goal from that distance.

4. Talk about your week 2 opponent and what you need to do to win this week.
Well, we're facing the San Antonio Knights, two years removed from the championship and one year removed from their second Impact Bowl appearance in a row. Although they certainly didn't look like either of those teams this week, we're going to be preparing for the San Antonio Knights that won the Impact Bowl and returned there a year later. Their team was still impressive despite the loss to the Bruins and we know they'll have a chip on their shoulder, so we're going to shore up our gameplan on both sides of the ball and make sure to be prepared for a hungry and angry football team.[/quote]

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 22, 2020, 11:19:34 PM »

Close call, but we came out with the win. That's the important part.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 22, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »

Precisely. Anything we need to shore up? I donít like that we started so strong but let it end that quickly.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 22, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
Pardon me, closely. I meant closely, not quickly.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 24, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

Mental lapse there that showed some of our guys take their foot off of the gas.   Its hard to keep a lead that big for an entire game though, teams have that knack for closing the game in this league, you just have to be able to weather the storm.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: May 24, 2020, 09:47:20 PM »

Iím not typically in there with you at half time, but if you see or sense something like this happening again, make sure to remind them of what almost happened week 1 in your motivational speech. Sound good?

As for San Antonio, anything you think we need to address or switch up? If the Bruins can beat them, we have to beat them. A lot of people out there position them at the lower end of our division, we canít get beat by a team they defeated. But I know thatís a yíall order with the Knights.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 24, 2020, 11:21:40 PM »

A y'all order indeed..  I think we play our game, and try to play it as clean and smart as possible. There is no room for error against that squad, they will make you pay.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 24, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »

Perfect. Weíre ready to go then. Letís get this W.

Kiara, extend my congratulations on a great first concert to Glitz & Hammer when you get a chance, please.

LOCK IN

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 30, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »

1. Talk about your teams performance this week, where do you need to improve most?
Iím obviously not happy with that turnout. We knew we were stepping into the arena with a talented, hungry and vengeful team after their loss to the Bruins, but that final score was pretty far apart and is not a reflection of the skill we have here in Lincoln. We need to improve our protection of the quarterback. He canít be getting sacked like that, it throws him off his rhythm on top of being potentially dangerous. If we didnít allow as many sacks, I think this wouldíve been a much better game, with fewer interceptions and a closer final score, probably with Lincoln on top.

2. Talk about your teams news, and if you are up to it any other news that caught your attention.
I completely agree with Caleb. He should be questioning me as Iím questioning myself. Iím not afraid to admit when Iíve made a mistake, and I did. After pre-season I mentioned Mahoney had a bright future but that he wasnít ready for that starting job yet. Somehow I made a clerical error and put him in that role anyways. Thatís on me, and I apologize. Weíll be continuing to work with James on his pass protection and maybe heíll get that gig down the road, but until then the veteran Tracey Stewart will be stepping into that role like I had originally intended.

3. Feel free to comment on anything else and/or your upcoming game this week.
This should be an interesting matchup as the crew gets to take on their old GM this week. Iím looking forward to rebounding and getting another victory on our home turf.

Coach, we knew this game was going to be tough, but Jesus fuck. Is Mahoneyís performance the sole reason for that shit show or do we have more to address?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 30, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »

His three early sacks allowed set a tone that gave San Antonio confidence and made us play off of our heels, I think we just started bad and couldn't recover.  This week should be a "get-right" game for us.. If we don't blow Atlanta out of the water, we might have to re-evaluate.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 31, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »

Alright, Coach. I trust your judgment. And I apologize for the flub. I'm going to double check the entire depth chart just to make sure there aren't any other mistakes. If you notice any others too, don't be afraid to let me know.

Send in Caleb Smoak, please.

Caleb, I won't take up much of your time, I mostly just want to apologize for not giving you the protection you need. And when I pulled you for a few plays, it was not a punishment but for protection. You were getting rattled due to my mistake and I didn't want to risk injury when we were so far behind.

You were right to question me, though in the future I would prefer you to actually question me instead of questioning my judgment to the media. My door is always open if you have concerns. I don't appreciate being made to look like a fool in the public eye. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but the pressure is already on after being out of the league as long as I was, I don't need my players adding fuel to the fire. Understood?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 31, 2020, 07:13:32 PM »

Who I talk to and what I say is my own business.  I understand you don't want to see headlines about me and my opinions before you hear it for yourself, but I don't pick and choose when we speak to the media, and I'm not going to tow a false mantra just to save face when I know my guys in the locker room know how I really feel.  I'm not faking it for anybody.

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 31, 2020, 07:55:55 PM »

I'm not asking you to fake anything. Perhaps I read into things to deeply. I think we're on the same page, just keep what I said in mind. No need for the media to stretch things and effect morale in the locker room. I'll be pulling Mahoney and starting Stewart as I had originally intended, hopefully you'll have better protection against Atlanta. I expect better football this week.

Kiara, cross your fingers for a better turnout this week. Want to keep things the same as they were last week with these additional amendments to the depth chart:

LT- Melvin Savage
LT2- James Mahoney

RT- Tracey Stewart
RT2- James Mahoney

LOCK IN

GM Evans

• Mafioso
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: June 02, 2020, 10:15:22 AM »

1. Discuss your thoughts on your game and where your team goes from here.
Thanks definitely looked better out there this week. We've got another victory under our belt and we're prepared to keep racking them up.

2. Talk about the news this week, be sure to talk about the potential of GMs being traded, do you think you're on block?
It's unfortunate that news around the league is marred by negativity. I wish we could see and hear about more stories like Glitz and Hammer's generosity week one, instead of hearing about criminals being forced from the league and fans vandalizing a player's property. Let's all strive to be better.

As for trading General Managers, this is something I'm unfamiliar with. It was not a thing that happened when I was in the league last, so it is certainly intriguing to say the least. If ownership feels they can do better with someone else then they have that right, but it my opinion it would certainly be a move better reserved for the off-season. Either way, hopefully Misters Whart and Meer have enough trust and faith in me to see out my contract.

3. Feel free to comment on anything else and/or your upcoming game this week.
This week Kansas City is coming to Lincoln and it's sure to be a good game. Injuries or not, we'll be preparing for a Bruins team at the top of their game. They've been surprising this season and we will not underestimate them. We're excited to get our first divisional game underway.

Hey coach, that was certainly a better game. I like seeing that nice split between the pass and rush attacks. Hopefully we can keep that up. Still a few too many sacks allowed in my opinion, but better than the week prior to be sure. Still, we did not blow Atlanta out of the water, which in your opinion from last week meant that we would need to re-evaluate. Do you still feel that way?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 03, 2020, 08:21:55 PM »

A comfortable 14 point win isn't cause for concern, we slowed the tempo late and won the game easily.   Fellows had a big day against us, but he's a very talented DE who makes it hard for anyone he faces off against.