Author Topic: TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS  (Read 90163 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:45:42 PM »

Team Information
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Conference: West
Divison: South
Team Owner: Knott Sting
Team Secretary: Demi Roulette

Official Colors:

Red (#B72B35)
Vegas Gold (#B4975A)

Team History:
The Las Vegas Scorpions were founded by a mysterious businessman Knott Sting.  The team has been a model of consistency over the past 3 seasons and is the only team outside of Alabama to ever win a league championship!
In season 1 the team missed the playoffs with a 6-10 record, but quickly turned things around in S2 with a 9-7 record that was good enough for the #2 seed in the west.  This began an amazing championship run that caught the league by surprise as the Scorpions stung the Outlaws in Vegas 31-13, then in the Conference Championship game Vegas went into Lincoln and dominated the Pride with a 42-25 beat down sending the Scorpions to the Impact Bowl to take on Cinderella story New Jersey who had defeated the #2 and #1 seeds in the east to make it to the championship game.
In an instant classic the Scorpions held off the Dragons in a 24-21 game that fans will never forget.  Vegas QB Trevor Jose was named playoff MVP after the championship win thanks to his 66% completion rate and 7/2 TD/INT ratio. Jose would continue to lead the Scorpions in S3 and S4 as well as he lead his team to 10-6 and 12-4 records each good for the #1 seed in the west.  In S3 the Scorpions defeated the Silverbacks 35-21 but were then upset by the Lincoln Pride (in Vegas) in a 35-32 conference championship game.    In S4 Jose was named to his first pro bowl and lead his team back to the Impact Bowl.  In the first round of the playoffs Lincoln gave the Scorpions a run for their money, taking them to overtime, but unlike the year before Vegas treated its hometown fans to a 31-24 win in OT setting up another home game, this one against #2 seed Pearl Harbor.  A 37-20 win set up the 12-4 Scorpions for an Impact Bowl showdown with #1 Ranked Alabama, but this time the Scorpions fell in the big game losing 30-24.  The Vegas brand is strong and the fan base in hungry for another championship.  With Trevor Jose now 29 years old, Vegas knows they need to push hard to get back to the title if they want to win another ring for their franchise QB, but with 2 time pro bowler Stanley Foster blocking his blindside at Tackle and 3 time pro bowl center David Ellis continuing to play at a high level their is no reason to believe the Scorpions will lose any sting to their offense, even with a hole left at running back with the news that 2 time pro bowl Running back Cameron Hollingsworth is retiring and taking over as the teams offensive coordinator now that the team's 4 year head coach Randy Cravitch has retired.  Defensive Coordinator Randy Barbour will return however, and he hopes to bring in new talent on defense to keep the Scorpions in Impact Bowl contention.

Season 1: 6-10
Season 2: 9-7
Season 3: 10-6
Season 4: 12-4
Season 5: 4-11-1 [GM Apollo]
Season 6: 12-4 [GM Metro]
Season 7: 6-10 [GM Metro]
Season 8: 11-5 [GM Metro]
Season 9: 9-6-1 [GM Metro]

Playoff Appearances:
S2 Impact Bowl Champions
S3 (Conference Finals)
S4 (Impact Bowl)
S6 (Conference Finals)
S8 (Conference Finals)

RETIRED NUMBERS

WR - Jonathan Johnson - 83 [S1-S8]

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:30:34 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »

Hello, I am Knott Sting, I know I know, I've been told that I look like a certain professional wrestler, but rest assured, I am not. We here in Vegas are all about taking a gamble.  Whether its going all in on a championship season, or doubling down on a trade to get our guy, big stinger splashes are what we're all about.  We don't believe in conforming to the status quo, we want to turn heads and grab headlines.  People need to fear the Scorpions! WOOOOO!!!!

I am Knott's wife, Penelope Sting.  If you are interested in this position, apply and explain why you deserve to be the GM here in Vegas, we'll hear all applicants.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:15:24 PM by Talon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:53:03 AM »
Hello Mr. and Mrs Stong, My name is Eddie Phoenix and I think the people of Vegas have been waiting for a professional sports sam long enough, and I think I am the man to lead it's first professional team. I am a man who is not scared to make the tough decisions and I move quickly. I do not sit by if an issue needs to be addressed and I know how to run a lockeroom. In my career, I have never been asked by a professional to trade him. Why, because I understand locker room politics and I understand people. If anything else, I love football. My passion for the game made me a student of the game on both Defense and Offense and i believe a defense and balanced offense attack is the way to go but I;m sure that is just the formula. I will make sure we field a defense and have a power style run offense with those moments to explode on the scoreboard. I want to be the coach of the Scorpions.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

Not the best first impression Mr. Phoenix.   The name is Penelope STING, not "Stong" and I'm not really sure what a professional sports "sam" is... I appreciate your application, but we are not hiring a coach, we're looking for a General Manager.

Have a nice day.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »
Hello Knott and Penelope, my name is GM Franchise and I'm interested in the GM position here in Las Vegas. I was born and raised in this city so I'm familiar with the people and the market here. I deserve to be the GM here because I have a high knowledge of the sport of professional football, I have extensive GM experience and do well in small markets, I am very good with football stats analysis, and with my GM experience in other sports I know what to do and what not to do in almost any situation which most GMs cannot say. I want to turn a team into a winner. I like to gamble on the trade market and did just that in Chicago when I made a HUGE gamble in the NBL bringing in David Pappinos. I also am working on building a foundation in Memphis in the WSL, New Mexico in the FBL, and St. John's in the FHL right now which is exactly what I'm doing here. I'm very underrated in the trade market and want to turn this into a franchise a that people want to come to. I think I'm the perfect person to be the GM for this team.

TyTy

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
"Wanna take a gamble?"

Israel wright enters the room, coin in hand.

"Perhaps Vegas is where I'm called to be. I always believed myself to play it safe but my run in Vancouver showed that I'm more of a gambling man. I went all in to get the first and second round picks in the nbl draft and used them to make a bigger splash then any other gm. Big trades was more my mo. I want to win and I want to win now to prove my gut instincts have merit."

Gm wright tosses the coin in the air.

"Heads"

It lands on the desk, twirls a few times and leads heads up. Wright picks it up and shows it to the stings. It's a double headed coin.

"See, I called it. I feel I can be like this coin as gm of the scorpions. A gamble that you can't lose on"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

Hello GM Franchise, thank you for your interest in the team.  What would you look to do with our team as far as style of play?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »

Hello GM Wright, same question to you.

TyTy

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »
"Aggressive ma'am.

Every player on the field should be able to hold his own and so I feel an successful team is one that takes chances every now and then to turn the tide in their favour. On offensive, I like to see us hit them fast and confuse the defenders. On d, I like to keep heavy pressure on their quarterback to force interceptions and turnovers. I like to take away their headspace and breathing room to see them crumble under pressure.

That said, I do prefer running to throwing but I know a good balance catches the opponents on their heels more often than not."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »

Thank you GM Wright, Our team made it to the Impact Bowl last season, what type of head coach would you look to hire, and do you think we can return to the championship game this season?

TyTy

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
"A man like Jimmy Eubanks could be a good coach. Proven success, draws the respect of his team, knows how to get the most of them. When the game is in the last minute and we are down, I want a coach who can keep the team's head in the game and inspire them to pull off the big comeback.

And to answer you other question... Yes we can. I've only seen the team in person and on tv so without seeing them in person and knowing their inner workings but...

I'd go all in on the scorpions."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »

Do you expect us to be in situations where we need to pull off a big comeback?  That is troubling.

TyTy

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
"I remember the season 2 finals. The dragons had us in a bit of trouble but we held them off. Had our coach been less of a leader, would we have? Success starts at the top, I like having a strong leadership team."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »

I see your point Mr. Wright.  We are going to complete our interview with GM Franchise before really making a decision, if you would like to wait here you can.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
I'd say for the offense the Spread style would be best with Jose at quarterback. Get some speed receivers and draft a pass catching running back to add even more weapons to our arsenal. Hollingsworth retiring is a big loss but if we get a young running back in the draft or free agency who also is a pass catcher I think we could do some major damage. That would be ideal for this team. I like to go for the jugular on offense and if we use the spread offense I think we can do some major high scoring on opposing teams.

As for defense I like to use the 4-3 formation with 40% blitzing. If you go too high with the blitzing teams will pick up on that which is why I don't like going higher than 40%. I think we need to bring in some young talent on defense especially to get some sacks going by what Coach Barbour is looking for.

Bringing in an experienced and knowledgeable head coach also will be a priority. I think this team can be a winner if we bring in the right personnel to fill our positions of need most notably at running back and for the head coaching position.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 04:12:59 PM »

Do you have a time frame on when you believe this team could win an Impact Bowl?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »
For a time frame 1-2 seasons. I want to win a championship and so does the fan base.  Let's make it happen more sooner than later.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »

Thank you both for coming in today.  We are going to discuss things for a bit and will inform you both of our decision.

TyTy

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
Before you make your decision, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
Thank you, sir. I look forward to hearing your decision.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »

Go ahead Mr. Wright, what was your question?

Mr. Franchise... did you just call me SIR?! How dare you insult me!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »
Sorry, ma'am. Ty was distracting me by asking questions when it's clear you all were going to discuss this.

TyTy

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »
My questions are this. I want to win, I see this as being the place to win. That being said, Vegas has fallen short the last two years and in order for me to create the atmosphere of success in this enviorment, I need to know why we've fallen short in seasons 3 and 4.

Secondly, with the expansion draft... I'm not sure how many of the winning cards are still on the table. How many open roster spots are there and for what positions? Tell me a bit more of who we still have with us.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »

Since the league is not expanding, there is no expansion draft, but currently our roster sits at 24 players (16 offense, 8 defense).  We can have a max of 40 players.

Our reasons for failure the past two seasons is a mystery.  Our team has been in the top 5 of almost every major statistical category the past two years.

TyTy

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »
Excellent. Thank you for your answers. I await your decision.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
I apologize, hadn't had my coffee yet. Without it I'm forever groggy. Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Eddie Phoenix, To me becoming a general manager is almost like becoming a coach. So many personalities to balance, so many egos to keep in check. As a general manager you have to coach personalities to Co-Exist. My time in the NBL taught me as a GM, you are a coach, a psychiatrist, a brother, a father, lawyer, you name it. Now again I apologize for the Stong, got the text that the Scorpions was hiring and with crust still in my eyes I got up right away and knew I had to get in contact with you. Now down to brass tax. I am the right person for this job. I am passionate, hard working and I never quit. My time in the NBL has taught me patience and has humbled me to know when to and when not too. I would like the opportunity to help mold a winning franchise and take the Scorpions to and past the Impact Bowl. It all starts wight he right coach, and I would hire one who was high energy, firm and fair and based his strategy on Defense and impact running game. That is my pitch. I hope you reconsider and make me the Man that leads the Scorpions to their own "Destiny in the Desert"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »

"Destiny in the Desert"... I like that.  Mr. Phoenix, let me ask you a few more questions. 

Do you prefer a speed or power based run game, and what sort of defense would you look to run both in base set and in amount of blitzing?

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 08:11:10 PM »
THERE IS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR

Pardon the interruption, they told me the office was...open.

Well, not to take up too much time, Ms. Sting...my name is Leander Apollo. Former GM of the Columbus Cougars, also done some GM work over in Halifax and as of recent, in San Francisco. The Scorpions, much like the Las Vegas Aces, have been one of my favorite teams in current sports...I kinda looked elsewhere for a lot of things outside of Ohio, given the history of sports franchises there.

To my point, I was very intrigued about the GM opening here and would love to throw my name in the hat for some consideration. We have some really good pieces here to push ourselves into another epic championship run like that of Season 2 and I'm as pleased as anybody that Cameron is staying within the family as our offensive coordinator.

...Oh, right, sorry about intruding Eddie. The door was open, you see.

GM APOLLO GLANCES AROUND THE ROOM

Wow, quite a few people here...

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS [HIRING]
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:06 PM »
Well Mrs. Sting, As far as the run game goes, I think we can find a balance of power and speed in the run department. I thunder and lightning approach with a workhorse power runner up the middle and a third down speed back to cut the edges and wear the defense out. Change of pace back. As far as the defense goes I am a believer of the Cover 2 scheme with about a %20-%25 percent blitz package from the strong corner and inside linebackers while dropping back the MLB depending on there tightened to WR ration packages. I love exotic blitzes and using Linemen in my Blitz packages. Linemen and nosetackles go so unused these days and there is a pool of wealth at the front line that sometimes gets overlooked for the more flashier linebacker and corner back positions. We will get at the Quarterback but every opponent is different and every scheme is different, either way I intend to oppose my will on any offense that gets out on that field and make sure that they have to change their game plan. With my Cover 2 and my high tendencies to go after the QB, I know I will need some fast linebackers and free Safety's to break on those WR's that get out in free space. But I know they won't have to much time to get settled out there when there Qb is on his back. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »

Mr. Phoenix, We will be with you momentarily, if you don't mind waiting...

Mr. Apollo, please step into my husband's office....

Hello Mr. Apollo, please tell me your vision for the team in both philosophy and formations.

Mr. Phoenix, sorry about that, we were hoping to hear from a GM like GM Apollo, but you do have our attention still.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
Mr. Sting, a journey to the top is never by any means easy...and for years, Vegas has always been statistically one of the best teams in the league and experienced its fair share of success. Heck, we're only team outside of Alabama to win an Impact Bowl. We have the right cards, it's just a matter of playing our hand by bringing in the talent to complement our players and playing as a cohesive unit. The whole is only as good as the sum of its parts and we're only a few parts away from being able to deliver another title to this city. Not to mention, bringing in some intangibles. We have some veteran leaders on the offensive side and I'd like our defense to have some of that as well so we're not losing on either end of the ball.

I like balance, personally, on our offense. Losing Cameron is a big blow but I'm confident we can make a splash to get ourselves our future RB to play along with Trevor and make our sting feared across this league. As for defense, a balanced playbook with 50% blitz calls and a 3-4 formation is what I had mind, although I have no opposition to running a 4-3 if we have the proper personnel to do it. I know it's not as crazy advanced as some of the other GMs are throwing out there, but I try to keep things simple and to the point. I don't take any nonsense, I know how to connect with my staff and players and most importantly, I'm a fan of the Scorpions at heart. I want to see this team take the leap Alabama did and dominate this league. I think we can do it within 1 to 2 seasons, Mr. Sting.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:28 PM »

GM Apollo, you're hired!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
I'm ready to go to work, sir. Let's show them that when you go up against the Vegas, the house always wins.

------------------

Mrs. Sting, could you please get Mr. Hollingsworth to come see me?

------------------

Hey, Cameron. I'm Leander Apollo. Very excited to be working alongside you. I'll be looking into the market to bring in a head coach shortly - meanwhile, I'd like to get a breakdown on the guys we do have on offense. Just some basic information on them, stats from last season, etc.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »

Trevor Jose 29 year old QB

Passing Stats

Year Team G GS Comp Att Yards Pct Lg TD Int Att/G Yds/G TD% Int% 1st 20+ 40+ Sack Rating
2010 LV 16 16 295 514 3560 57.4 72 20 11 32.1 222.5 3.9 2.1 137 42 8 50 82.8
2011 LV 16 16 303 477 3732 63.5 68 22 11 29.8 233.2 4.6 2.3 135 43 20 42 93.4
2012 LV 16 16 295 459 3754 64.3 73 24 14 28.7 234.6 5.2 3.1 137 46 18 46 94.4
2013 LV 16 16 290 445 3949 65.2 80 27 11 27.8 246.8 6.1 2.5 131 53 19 46 103.3

Joseph Whaley 28 year old TE
Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD Drop Ctc/G Yds/G 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ Fum
2010 TOMB 16 16 42 253 6 13 0 7 2.6 15.8 14 33.3 0 0 0
2011 TOMB 16 16 60 359 6 13 0 8 3.8 22.4 16 26.7 0 0 0
2012 LV 16 16 67 432 6.4 25 4 7 4.2 27 24 35.8 1 0 0
2013 LV 16 16 82 674 8.2 24 1 8 5.1 42.1 31 37.8 2 0 0

Jonathan Johnson 29 WR
2010 LV 16 16 83 980 11.8 72 8 5 5.2 61.2 30 36.1 14 3 0
2011 LV 16 16 90 1244 13.8 68 10 10 5.6 77.8 38 42.2 16 10 0
2012 LV 16 16 82 1047 12.8 63 7 3 5.1 65.4 38 46.3 14 4 0
2013 LV 14 14 66 932 14.1 80 8 4 4.7 66.6 24 36.4 15 5 0

Alfonso Stern 29 WR
2010 BAMA 16 16 82 1364 16.6 64 10 3 5.1 85.2 46 56.1 25 3 0
2011 BAMA 16 16 76 1241 16.3 48 7 5 4.8 77.6 47 61.8 19 3 0
2012 LV 13 2 13 201 15.5 49 1 0 1 15.5 7 53.8 4 1 0
2013 LV 16 16 68 901 13.2 46 8 2 4.2 56.3 34 50 10 4 0

Our slot receiver has been Wilber Slaughter 30 WR
2010 BAMA 16 0 7 141 20.1 45 2 3 0.4 8.8 1 14.3 3 1 0
2011 BAMA 16 0 6 137 22.8 47 1 3 0.4 8.6 3 50 3 2 0
2012 LV 14 14 39 714 18.3 71 5 5 2.8 51 24 61.5 11 3 0
2013 LV 16 2 38 850 22.4 51 5 6 2.4 53.1 26 68.4 16 6 0

and we have a strong run blocking Guard in Walter Parker (22), and a great all around blocker in Chad Scott (31). A Strong pass blocking Tackle in Stanley Foster (30), and a 3 time pro bowler in 30 year old David Ellis at center who is a great run blocker and has great strength and football IQ.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 11:48:42 PM »
High octane offense all around. I like it, appreciate you taking the time on this report, Cameron.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 11:58:04 PM »

No problem boss, happy to help.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 12:01:36 AM »
We'll talk more as the weeks go on. Thanks for your time - if you could send Mr. Barbour to see me on your way back, I'd appreciate it.

-------------------

Hey Randy, Leander Apollo here, nice to meet you. I'm just trying to get a grasp of what we have here on defense and from what you've seen and can gather, what positions do you believe we have the most depth in and what pieces do you think we need to look at to strengthen it next season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 12:21:30 AM »

We have 2 linebackers coming in off of their rookie year in Wesley Garrett and Jeremy Springer. Wes is a 2nd round pick and Jeremy is a 3rd round pick, both are tackling machines.

Brian Yee is our 24 year old DE who racked up 13 sacks in his 3rd season, he has 28 in 3 seasons.

Johnathan Cruz is 32 but he still played great defense and has been a starter here all 4 seasons.

Darrel Hickey is our 1st round pick who had 67 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 INT as the teams starting Strong Safety.

Other than that we have John Freeman at DT, he is 24 and has had 2 season of injuries since coming over from Alabama in S3, he has started 18 out of 32 games and has only been "ok" during that time.

That's all we have right now man.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 12:25:08 AM »
Hmmm, a bit of work to do here but some solid pieces. Definitely look into a system to help them thrive as well as bring in some help on the secondary as well. Appreciate it, Randy, this gives me a good idea on what to look for.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »

Sure thing man.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »

Here is the current roster, all contract years go into effect at the start of Season 5...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:53:47 AM by Talon »

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 04:38:44 AM »
Thank you, Mrs. Sting. Appreciate the information. If you could be so kind, could you contact Benson Stark for me in regards to our head coaching position?

----------------------

Mr. Stark, very nice to make your acquaintance. My name is Leander Apollo, I'm taking over the reigns as General Manager here in Las Vegas and we're searching for a new head coach. I'd like to get to know you a bit, especially in regards to your philosophy towards coaching and what you could bring to the table?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 04:42:36 AM »

I don't make it a habit of talking strategy to a team I plan on beating later in the year.  See ya kid.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 04:46:11 AM »
Good luck with that, boss. I look forward seeing you try.

-----------------

Well, Mrs. Sting...that was, well, interesting. Let's give Shaun Saint a call.

-----------------

Mr. Saint, hello there. GM Apollo here with the Scorpions. We're interviewing for our head coaching spot, curious as to what you bring to the table in terms of experience and coaching philosophy.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

I've spent all 10 years of my career as an offensive coordinator.  They say my brand of offense is a fast paced spread that works best when the QB gets to throw the ball as much as possible.  Speed kills in this league, and that's what I'm looking to install in a team.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
Given we've got a QB like Trevor, it seems like your brand of offense could be something we'd be able to put into work. I'll take it under consideration and appreciate your time. We'll be in touch, Mr. Saint.

----------------------

Mrs. Sting, please get me Travis Freese on the line.

----------------------

Mr. Freese, GM Apollo with the Scorpions here. We're currently interviewing for our head coaching spot and wanted to see if you'd be a fit for the system. You've got a lot of experience under your belt, sir, and I was curious as to where you've coached up until now and your preferred style when it comes to coaching a squad.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »

Hey son, how are you doin' today? when I played it was all about bringing the heat!  I believe in heavy blitz packages. The 3-4 allows an array of blitzes, but the key is linemen who can eat the blocks to free up the linebackers.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
Aggressive style of defense, the kind that gambles. Definitely could be a hit here in Vegas, especially if we have the right pieces to do it. Alright, we'll keep you in mind Mr. Freese, appreciate your time.

-------------------

Mrs. Sting, can we get in touch with Jim Haas?

-------------------

Jim, thanks for taking the call. GM Apollo with the Scorpions, looking for somebody able to take the reins as head coach here in Vegas. You've got some years under your belt, I was curious as to your defensive coaching style and what you believe can bring championships to this city.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »

*PLEASE HOLD, THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO CALL IS ON ANOTHER LINE AT THIS TIME*

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
Well, Mrs. Sting, for the time being we'll keep the ball rolling...

Please contact Harry Bryce, in this case, if his line is available.