Author Topic: TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS  (Read 89246 times)

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LAS VEGAS SCORPIONS
« Reply #2200 on: June 10, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
I think we played a great game. We slowed down a really good offense and then in the second half our offense did a really good job of controlling the game and taking advantage of opportunities. Turnovers early on showed up again but we’ll continue to work through that.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?
I think Stealin’ Seconds V2 has a small place in my heart but I think the big thing was Carlson’s game and how good that Seattle team has been this year. GM Jon’s done one helluva job over there in turning things around quickly and deserves a ton of praise.

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?
Congratulations. Welcome to the league. We’ll see you the field. As far as advice, none. Anything that could help them I’d rather keep internal to Vegas.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?
I think we’ve always paid attention to personalities and making sure we have guys that are going to fit well into our locker room and on the field.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?
I think the bye week is good. Gives us a chance to nurse any nagging bugs and injuries and then refocus on the second third of the year. I trust our players will use it wisely.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 11, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
"What did you make of the budding rivalry between Stephen Shelley and Jamie Ortega?  The Dueling 'Superman' taunts seemed to get both teams a little riled up.. Your take?"
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 11, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
I'm all for it. I want Steph thinking he's Superman out there; leaping tall buildings, indestructible, all that jazz. Our turf. Our Superman.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 12, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

That was a hell of a win. Shutting out scrubs like Oakland and Tombstone is one thing, but flustering the Alabama offense and scoring on their defense is a big win.  Now we just need to do the same thing to Orlando next week.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »
I agree. That's going to be a big test for us with how good they are in the passing game. It's why we made some moves though to stand up against that type of offense. What's the feel in the locker room right now? We're riding high but the Nutt stuff earlier in the year hasn't slipped my mind and this new Superman thing - I know Shelley's not a rook but it's a lot of attention that I want to make sure the guys aren't feeling it's undeserved.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: June 12, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

Right now things are going great, I think Shelley's new found .."Swag?" has the group feeling pretty confident.  The Nutt thing is still on my mind as well, but right now it seems to be a non-factor.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 12, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
Awesome. I might talk to Steph then about how we can promote and get behind him even further. Is there anything else you want to discuss? I think we've covered off pretty well everything from the first third of the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 12, 2018, 01:12:21 PM »

I'm all set. 

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »
Perfect - I did think of one thing I wanted to ask about and that was Ruiz and Hanlon at TE. Hanlon's looked good but he's a rookie and is a player we can move to the minors if we had to in an emergency. How do you rate the two amongst each other - and if Hanlon is that guy do we then have a chip in Ruiz to move elsewhere if necessary?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 12, 2018, 05:06:23 PM »

I view Hanlon as our guy, Ruiz is definitely expendable.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »
Ok - that's good to know. I know a couple teams have been interested in him so it's something to consider. Thanks for taking the time to come see me.
---
Demi, Stephen Shelley please.
---
Steph, wanted to give a shout out for the great game this week. I'm a fan of the swagger on the field. That confidence looks good on ya.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:08 PM »

I figured you would boss, I read you as a dude who appreciated that confidence.

GM Metroll

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 14, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
For sure. Thanks Steph.
---
Demi - can you get me Jennifer at the league office on the line.
---
Jennifer, I think I fucked up and traded a player that was not on our minor league roster. I'd like to self-report and agree to pay a 500K fine and forfeit our 3rd round draft pick and I'll then work with Cleveland on making a trade.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 14, 2018, 09:54:09 PM »

Hello GM Metro, I was just on the other line with your secretary. Now, while I personally feel that your offer to sacrifice such a high draft pick in order to lower your fine is a very good idea, the league's policy has clearly been established and the fine is set as a minimum $1MM PR fine.

Unfortunately for you, that places your team $500K over the PR cap, meaning you will have to bring your PR balance back to a neutral or positive balance before you lock in this week in order to avoid further punishment.

As it stands, being a minor-league prospect only trade, the league is not fining you a draft choice.

Please send your roster move to the league office once you have determined what must be done.  Due to the nature of your predicament you may use your next-season amnesty clause early if you have no other option.

Please be more careful in the future.  Thank you.