Author Topic: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS  (Read 164999 times)

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS
« Reply #3050 on: December 19, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »

Hmm....If that's the case I'd want him to sign for multiple years rather than just the one. Is that something your man would be interested in, for that $3MM?

HIFL S12 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 19, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »

More years more money, that's the catch. $3MM for this year.  if you want multiple years, we want $5MM a year.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 19, 2020, 06:45:05 PM »

Hmm...How about if I sign em for the $3MM for the season, and we bump up to $5MM in those following years? If we can't get that done then I think he'll be in Portland for the rest of the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 19, 2020, 08:16:41 PM »

Not sure why he'd be in Portland, he's a free agent, but if you're not wanting to do the deal, then its fine.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 19, 2020, 10:05:18 PM »

THINKS FOR A MOMENT. RUBS CHIN AND NODS.

Alright, Steve. We can make the deal. Let me let Portland know we have a deal in place so that they can confirm that they are waiving his 5th Round Tender. After that is done I'll send in the paperwork. Sound good?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: December 20, 2020, 12:16:49 AM »

Sure.  While you wait, want to bulk offer the rest of your roster spots?

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 20, 2020, 01:51:20 AM »

Depends are you offering me Neil Downing for $500K in that bulk?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 20, 2020, 03:36:20 PM »

You put a list together with offers, I'll check them off if they accept.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 21, 2020, 12:25:34 AM »

Alright Steve...Let's see here.

SETS ASIDE CHRISTMAS WISH LIST TO SEND TO THE NORTH POLE AND A POST IT NOTE REMINDER TO CALL LUNA BACK. GRABS A FRESH PIECE OF PAPER AND A PEN TO START JOTTING DOWN NAMES

One sec Steve stay on the line.

PRESSES INTERCOM BUTTON

Princess, can you send over these other offers for me to Ambz and....

OT Neil Downing for $500K
CB Michael Winkler for $500K

THINKS ABOUT IT. RUBS CHIN.

....Ah fuck it, let's see what happens.

QB Cody Northstar for $500K

CLICKS BACK OVER TO STEVE

So what ya say, Steve?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 21, 2020, 07:05:30 PM »

No luck with Mr. Northstar but the other two are signed with us now.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: December 21, 2020, 11:45:02 PM »

HOPS OUT OF HIS CHAIR AND DOES A DANCE.

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

CLEARS THROAT AND SITS BACK DOWN. FIXES TIE.

Shame about Northstar, that woulda been nice......Oh well. If Only Jay C would let Pate come through.....

SIGHS AND LOOKS OVER THE LIST

Alright Princess I'ma get those contracts submitted and while I do that call up Mr. Harris in regards to his client Gino Mathias. 1 year $500K deal......Unless you can work your magic on Jay C and convince Pate to take a $2.5MM deal for multiple seasons if not just this season???

CROSSES FINGERS JUST IN CASE

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: December 22, 2020, 08:04:10 AM »

Gino is in, we're full!

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 02, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS

OFFENSE:
Daniel Tate | Football IQ
Peerless Adams | Hands
Marlon Matthews | Positional Training
Timothy Espinosa | Football IQ

DEFENSE:
Wilfredo Barrera | Strength
Sean Burnett | Football IQ
Michael Moody | Football IQ
David Black | Agility

STRATEGY

OFFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Balanced
Tempo: Coaches Decision
Passing Focus: Coches Decision
Pass To: Balanced
Primary Receiver: James Van Driver
Running Focus: Balanced
Running Backs: Balanced
Backfield Focus: Committee
Tight End Focus: Mixed

DEFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaches Decision
Player Radio: Rafael Caldwell
Match CBs to WRs?: Yes

Playing Time: Mostly Starters

TEAM CAPTAINS
William Donaldson
Dale Bright
Rafael Caldwell
Daniel Tate
Gary Sutton
Shayne Sibley

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART

QB- Daniel Tate
QB2- Cardale Jones
QB3- Gino Mathias
QB4- Isreal Batista

RB1- Shayne Sibley
RB2- LiAngelo Jackson
RB3- Adrian Peterson

FB- Christopher Sanchez

TE1- Aeron Dacey
TE2- Chris Vui

WR1- James Van Driver
LWR4- LaVar Jackson Jr.

WR2- Peerless Adams
WR5- Robert Hitt

WR3- Luigi Lewis
WR6- Marvin Huntley

LT- Mark Prince
LT2- Neil Downing

LG- Charles Seal
LG2- Timothy Espinosa

C- Gary Sutton
C2- Henry Watts
C3- Brian Benson

RG- Bob Tubbs
RG2- Timothy Espinosa

RT- Marlon Matthews
RT2- Alden Mackey

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART

DT1- Tony Stacy
DT3- Dale Pulley

DT2- Tyrell Longoria
DT4- Rodney Furman

RE1- Dale Bright
RE2- David Black

LE1- William Donaldson
LE2- David Black

MLB1- Michael Burger
MLB2- Roger Hooker
MLB3- Johnnie Shapiro

ROLB1- Wilfredo Barrera
ROLB2- Paul Wright
ROLB2- Carlos Wiggins

LOLB1- Michael Moody
LOLB2- Earl Sturdivant

CB1- Jackson Havlock
CB4- David Vang

CB2- Alfred Maggard
CB5- Michael Winkler

CB3- Michael Montero
CB6- Michael Winkler

FS1- Rafael Caldwell
FS2- Gary Godfrey
FS3- Ray Mattingly

SS1- Sean Burnett
SS2- Bob Kirkpatrick

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART

K- Carlos Wright
P- Arnold Jarrett

KR1- LiAngelo Jackson
KR2- LaVar Jackson Jr.
KR3- Michael Montero
KR4- Marvin Huntley

PR1- LaVar Jackson Jr.
PR2- Marvin Huntley

PLAY CALLING

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: (Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator)
1st and 10: Offensive Coordinator
1st and Short: Head Coach
1st and Long: Head Coach
2nd and Short: Offensive Coordinator
2nd and Long: Offensive Coordinator
3rd and Short: Offensive Coordinator
3rd and Long: Head Coach
4th and Short: Offensive Coordinator
4th and Long: Head Coach
Goal Line: Head Coach
Last 2 Mins (Ahead): Offensive Coordinator
Last 2 Mins (Behind): Head Coach

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: (Head Coach or Defensive Coordinator)
1st and 10: Defensive Coordinator
1st and Short: Defensive Coordinator
1st and Long: Defensive Coordinator
2nd and Short: Defensive Coordinator
2nd and Long: Defensive Coordinator
3rd and Short: Defensive Coordinator
3rd and Long: Defensive Coordinator
4th and Short: Defensive Coordinator
4th and Long: Defensive Coordinator
Goal Line: Defensive Coordinator
Last 2 Mins (Ahead): Head Coach
Last 2 Mins (Behind): Defensive Coordinator

MUSICAL LICENSES

1. Stupid Again by. Tory Lanez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF9AGi8eeEw&ab_channel=ToryLanez-Topic)
If you listen to the song itís self explanatory, but itís basically a message to the detractors around the league.

2. Donít Need Friends by. NAV feat. Lil Baby (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEhVIjBOjrA&ab_channel=NAV)
Just keeping with the theme, a message for our detractors.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads or Tails
Receive or Defer

Music ♛ Reigns

DESTINY IS ALL !!!!!

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 16, 2021, 12:19:20 AM »

Hey Darlin' it's time to get back up on that stage and rock this house!

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 16, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »

Heyyyyy what's up everybody. Welcome back to yet another crazy season of HIFL. Good to see you all, let's hope I can see the season fully through this time without any mishaps, yeah? Haha alright let's get this party going.

1. Welcome back, lets talk off-season.  What was your off-season like, what was your biggest addition to your team, and who is someone you wish you didn't lose?
This offseason was a bit of a roller coaster to be honest with you. I knew going into it there was gonna be some tough decisions that would need to be made. There was some heartbreak, there was some relief and there was some excitement. Let's start off with the good before we go on to the bad.

Our draft this season was pretty damn good if I don't say myself. We some absolute studs in the first round at Quarterback and Strong Safety. When I say these kids are special I mean...Haha, they are special. Sean Burnett was a projected Top 5 pick that somehow fell down the draft so it's really no surprise to any of us here in THEE KINGDOM that he's as good as he is but, he just gets better every time we see him out there on the field. Daniel Tate, a monster with a bag of tricks. I can't get enough of this kid. Some GM's who didn't actually scout him or know anything about him may disagree with that by just taking a look at the roster sheet and comparing to what we had last year but I promise you. This kid has all the tools to be an Hall of Fame talent if he's able to reach his true potential. Haha, I know I may be getting a bit ahead of myself there but that's how strongly I feel about this guys. You know me. I'm a passionate guy, I speak my mind and don't hold back on how I feel at times when maybe I should.

One of my goals going into this offseason was to make some improvements on our O-Line. Now, I didn't expect for that POS Profits to go and start his own league but hey more power to him. I just wish the players and Mr. Jones good luck. But the reason I mention that is because I didn't expect to lose Seymore the way we did but we thankfully were able to make up for that by upgrading at the Center position with bringing in Gary Sutton. He's a leader amongst men and he was one of the best center's in the league if not the best. We are grateful to have him join us here in Music City. Along with bringing him in we made a trade to acquire another top O-Lineman in the league in Marlon Matthews. He started out a Guard but where we needed him was at Tackle. He's a great talent to have on the line and he's been showing some great progress with the position change and we're so happy to have him here with us. And finally we were able to resign Mark Prince to keep him here with us. No matter matter who was going to be behind center this year for us, I had to make sure we bettered ourselves at O-Line. That has been a personal goal of mine and I think we've done that.

You look elsewhere we were able to improve our stock at Tight End & Wide Receiver by bringing in Aeron Dacey and Luigi Lewis. You thought our offense was explosive last season then just imagine how much more it's gonna be with bringing these guys into the fold. Sheesh, it's a scary thought haha.

Another highlight of our offseason was the changes in our coaching staff. We sadly lost Coach Crowder to the golden gates of retirement. But we will always honor him. I wanna go ahead and say I do plan on putting his name in the Ring of Honor this year in fact I've got the paperwork on my desk right now. Just had to make sure his statue was good to go and perfect as he was for this organization before doing so. But with that said we have Coach Hunter taking the helm at Head Coach and we're really excited to have him taking over there for him. We have Coach Spud coming in at Offensive Coordinator and just being at practice and talking with them it's like seeing to mad scientist at work haha. I love it man. And of course with Coach Crowder gone, Coach Joseph will have just about full control of the defense and lawd...He has these boys out there working working. We got a damn army on defense ready for every kind of challenge a mutha----Ahem that anybody throws at us.

It's gonna be an exciting year, we have a lot to be happy about from this off season but let's move on to that heartbreak I was talking about earlier.

One of the tough decisions was if we were going to resign Meek, Prince or Creamer. I was going back and forth about this and I ultimately decided to try to bring back Prince and Creamer. We were THIS CLOSE to getting Leland back to stay here for an extended time but he did what was best for him and his family and went with the bigger deal. I'm still feeling the sting and heartbreak of that...But I am happy for both Michael and Leland man. Love those guys and I just want the best for them no matter where they are. They are Kings. We also had to make a tough choice in waiving Wayne Burden. I didn't plan on losing him just like I didn't plan on losing Seymore but it was something that just had to happen with the cap restrictions. If we can bring him back next season I'll do everything I can to do so, but that's some of the main heartbreaks of this season. As well as losing Charles Bishop. I would've liked for him to end his career with us but I'm glad he's with my good friend GM Pancho and Alabama.

2. Discuss any news that stood out to you from the off-season. (must discuss at least 3 stories from the off-season to now)
Yeah there was definitely some news that stood out to me haha. First off let me start with our own news. Peerless "Hollywood" Adams. The kid is a special talent no doubt about that. I personally haven't noticed this kind of behavior from him whenever I've seen him in the locker room or out on the field. He's always been the kind of guy to me that doesn't care about anything else BUT winning. He's been grateful for all the opportunities that come his way including the Under Armor deal but if this rumor is true I think it's something that needs to be addressed by the coaches and captains of the team and be handled in house. I'll be looking into it but just my opinion on the matter I haven't seen Adams behave this way.

Another piece of news that stood out to me was well...It was centered around me and the alleged relationship with me and the Cancun Kraken owner Luna La Llorona. Let me start off by saying whatever our friendship or relationship pertains to be is no one's business but our own. She's a beautiful goddess of a woman and any man would be lucky to have her as his partner or soulmate. I'm grateful to even have her as a friend to say the least but other than that it's no one's business but our own. I'm a friend of the young blood GM Cure and he's introduced me to her and their secretary. I'm a friendly guy with a big heart and want the best for everyone. People tend to enjoy my company and I like to put a smile on people's faces occasionally. If I had a friendship with any of you I would think what we have is between us and isn't anyone's business. We're friends, so what? Haha, look just know that what goes on between me and the people I consider friends or family is our business and our business alone. With that said, I won't be taking anymore questions or anything about an alleged relationship with Ms. Llorona. I hope that you all will respect her privacy as well as mine.

Another story that caught my eye was the Brawl in the club. What are y'all doing fellas? We haven't even started the preseason and you boys throwing hands already? I know that Dragons and Cobras game gonna be something to keep an eye on. Don't wanna see a Bama and Warriors incident happening again.

3. How many wins should your fan base expect this year, realistically and how far can you go?
I think we have all the tools available to make it into the playoffs personally. But I we know better than get that ahead of ourselves. We've got a long season ahead of us and a rookie QB who is building towards reaching his true potential. We have a lot of talent on both sides of the football, a new coaching staff. We have a lot to show and prove. Right now the goal for me ultimately is to get 10 wins. I believe we are capable of doing just that. Just know that we will be bringing the fight each game no matter who we're going up against.

4. If you were to improve one position on your team with a trade before the season starts, what position do you target, and are you looking to trade picks or players to get a deal done?
There's some positions I'd like to improve upon but right now it's something I'm desperate of doing. I've already got some calls around the league about possibly trading some guys but I'm not in a rush to do anything. I've traded enough picks already this past season so I'm not offering any picks. But I'll take some first for next season's draft for free if anyone wants to be courteous haha.

5. Are there any official position battles as we enter pre-season, if so, which ones?
Probably at the linebacker and DT's positions. Will need to know whose gonna be lining up next to Tony Stacy and who we're gonna have out there with Burger and Barrera. But with that said, everything is on the table let's see who wants it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 17, 2021, 10:08:15 PM »

Daggone!  Its good to be back, bulleyes is on us in the division bubba, we've got a rookie under center and everyone wants to knock us off, we've got to show them that we aren't afraid of whatever they think they can throw our way!

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 17, 2021, 11:21:07 PM »

With all due respect fuck each and every last person who wants to doubt us or throw dirt on our names. That's our mentality going into this season. Yeah we got some young blood behind center but they don't know what we know about em unless they actually scouted the kid. I already said what goal I want us to reach, and quite frankly it's a goal from the big man for us to reach. I don't know if we'll make the playoffs this season but we're gonna make damn sure we fight every game to try to. I believe we have the talent to do just that.

First things first before I ask any questions about the roster specifically let's tackle the elephant in the room. What's up with that news report about---

HEARS HIS PHONE AND CHECKS IT. SEES IT'S A TXT MESSAGE FROM LUNA. SMIRKS AND RETURNS A TXT BEFORE SETTING IT BACK DOWN.

Sorry about that, as I was saying. What's up with that news report about Adams acting out of character. Is it bullshit or is something actually going on there?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 20, 2021, 05:22:27 PM »

I can't say for certain.  He's definitely been big-timing people though. He showed up to camp every day in a new car like he's Yoenis Cespedes, gave everyone his new shoes which was cool, but he signed them... not sure what that's all about but he's young, he's been successful, and he's been thrust into the spotlight.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 20, 2021, 07:10:11 PM »

Huh....Might be something we need to go ahead and address. Lemme get Princess to call em up right quick before we do anything else.

PRESSES INTERCOM BUTTON

Princess, can you call down to the locker room and let them know me and the coach wanna see Peerless in my office ASAP. Thank you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 20, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »

What's good, Romeo!? 

Hey Coach, lookin' sharp man..

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:47 PM »

Haha, ayyeee yo chill before the new Commissioner gets the wiser, peeps game and trips.

Go ahead and have a seat my man. I'm sure you heard the news. I asked the coach about it and he's a bit puzzled about it as well. Heard you brought in some of ya new cleats for everybody but you went ahead and signed them. Under Armor must be paying you good good, got ya coming to camp in a new foreign every day.

Peerless "Hollywood" Adams! I mean that's just a nickname but let's not become it ya understand? Rubs some people the wrong way and if somebody on the squad actually had the guts to speak up to a reporter and say it you can imagine how others might feel about it. I ain't telling you that you can't enjoy ya self out there my man but it's key to respect ya teammates and coaching staff. Nobody likes to have a guy who thinks he's better than the team.

I know you Peerless. I know you're a stud out there on the field and you keep getting better. I know you the type of guy that can be cocky at times, and I have no problem with that at all. I love when a star player has some flair to em. But I know you ain't the kind of guy who would put himself before the team. That article that said you care more about glamor, fame and money than winning? That ain't you. I know that. You're a winner. Always have been and you never gonna be anything else but that. Last off season we did a lot of research determining on who to take. We had a chance to take Al Beard. He was projected to be the top receiver in your class...But we didn't take em. You know why? Because he didn't stick out to us like you did. Nah it's not just ya all star talent or your monster physique. It's ya character. It's you. What's in there...

POINTS TO HIS CHEST.

A winner. A man who has all the intangibles you'd want in a player and teammate. Especially a guy who cares about winning and doing all he can to help the team win. So imagine how I felt when I seen that report, son. I looked at that news report and was confused. I was hurt. I was like nah...Nah not my young bull. Not my boy Peerless. Not my guy who out here taking DB's lives and asking questions later. Nah...Not him. Not the fun loving kid who went out there and was proving scouts wrong and was runner up for Rookie of The Year. The REAL best WR of his Rookie Class. Not the kid who single handedly earned himself a sponsorship. Yeah single handedly. I may of did some shit like give you a nickname every game you went out there and performed (which I'ma keep doing by the way) but I wasn't the one out there on the gridiron putting in work week in and week out. I wasn't in training camp busting my ass to further improve my catching abilities. I wasn't out there lining up with my brothers in arms ready to go to war. You were. And I gotta sit up here and read a report....That says you of all people seem like you care more about this other shit than winning? Knowing that ain't you?

That shit stings more than GM Wayne tryna act like he knows what's real out here but don't, but incidentally professed his attraction and love for GM Cure lowkey peaking out the closet but tryna run his mouth at the same time. That shit stings more than GM T-Bone out here tryna #MeToo me and Emmett Till me on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of all days at the same time just cause he wanted to have a sound bite rather than care about our working relationship, not knowing how I have friends and family who are women that have actually suffered and went through these things he's out here tryna throw dirt on my name, damage my character/integrity and accuse me of...Shit that disgusting going on out here and that report...Seeing that? Hurt more because I know that's all talk. I know that's all bullshit. Cause I know myself and I know what's going on in my life. I know this season for us we out here not giving a fuck about anything or anyone we out here fighting for our own. For this Kingdom.

But here I am hurt and confused cause this kid I know is better than what I'm reading or hearing. Let me and the Coach know what's going on. Cause this is gonna be a long season and you have teammates who may or not be looking at you like you stepping out of that character we all know you to be. I don't care if you out her enjoying life to the fullest doing you. Like I said I love to see a player have some flair. And I don't mind you feeling ya self, I'm all for it but seeing something that says you care less about winning, when I know that can't be true? Knowing you a better teammate than what this report says or what I'm hearing? That ain't how we should be kicking off the season with some discourse in the locker room. Especially for some so frivolous as this here.