Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 118706 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #2850 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:49 PM »

I'm feeling better every day, and being out of that KC Defense is good for me anyways.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 06, 2018, 11:31:38 PM »
You can be sure I'll be speaking to Bobby at the end of the season because I'd like to see you in a Dragons jersey for years to come. This week, I'm looking forward to seeing you feast on some Monsters.
---
Tong An, I'm not going to take up any more time from the players or staff this week. They know how much I want this win. Here's the strategy:

Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Normal
- Run/Pass Ratio: 60:40
- Strategy changes: Add in a few more deep passes to the playbook.
Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 19, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
S10 WEEK 14

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

I'd like to thank GM Powers for respecting tradition and rolling out the red carpet for us once again. Sometimes the gifts you already know you're getting are the best ones. In all seriousness, yet another slow start had me worried, but the whole team stepped up and got the job done. Elias will get all the column inches, and they're deserved, but this was a team effort... as every Dragons victory is. DGB and Crawford got the TDs, but Griswold is a workhorse and his performance deserves to be highlighted. Storm-Force are relentless and keep the yards ticking over game after game. The defence looked more comfortable, which is good for this season but is something we're going to have to address in the offseason. Overall, I'm pleased with how pro-active we were on both sides of the ball. In the middle of the season we were far too passive, just waiting for things to happen, but the changes we've made have brought back the aggressive play I like to see.

2. Talk about anything interesting you around the league...

The Lynx are having yet another 2nd half revival. I don't know what it is about GM Gooch teams that makes them look so bad early on and then seemingly unstoppable late in the season. Too much BBQ in preseason, perhaps.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

DC are coming off a loss in an ugly game. They're a team that just hasn't been able to impose themselves on games this season. I think that if you can frustrate their RBs and force the ball into Rizzo's hands, you're in with a chance. We can't start slowly in this one. If you let them get a lead, they will pound the rock at you, wear down your defence and make the clock your enemy.

---
Coach, I'm delighted with that. Not many victories I like better than ones that put GM Powers in his place... except maybe the ones against GM Jon.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 25, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »

..and we both know its alot easier to beat Powers than it is GM Jon..

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: August 25, 2018, 11:13:58 PM »
Which is a good thing for us now that Jon has run off to the West. Before we start talking about DC, I'd like to know about the interceptions Elias threw. I know there's not a lot we can do about it at this stage of the season, but I think it's important to build a full picture of him before the off-season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 27, 2018, 02:16:12 PM »

First one came in the first quarter.  At the Michigan 16, Elias took a shot across the middle for Griswold, but the ball went off of his finger tips, right into the hands of Chong who was behind him. It should've been a touchdown, but instead Chong returned it to the Michigan 47 to set up their next drive.

The second one came in the 2nd quarter, at our own 20, Farrow and McKeown were battling on the sideline, but McKeown won the battle and picked it off.  It was a tight throw, but it was sound defense.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: August 27, 2018, 04:10:29 PM »
Sounds like he got on the wrong end of narrow margins rather than reckless play. I don't expect perfection and I like too see QBs willing to take risks. I'm not eager to change anything this week. It's a huge game for our season, but I think continuity is more important than trying to get cute with anything after all the changes we've made already this season. You can get to practice and get the lads ready fir this one.  Send Elias up for me.
---
Elias, great performance and a big victory for us. I'm really happy to see you follow up your strong-arm skill dominance with dominance in a game. Top work and you're already turning heads in this league. Four more games like that and there won't be anyone left who doesn't consider you the saviour of New Jersey.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: August 27, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

Victory is what I have come to bring here in New Jersey.  The money and fame that follow me is simple byproduct of this greatness.  So many jerseys in the crowd already.. This is but foreshadowing.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 27, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
The press and the fans enjoy your proclamations and we enjoy the attention that brings. But I also saw you playing multiple positions for Sweeden without trying to force out the other QB and I heard your interview with the HIFL Insiders. Those are clear indications of a professional who does whatever it takes to help the team win. That's the player I saw on the field for us and I'm excited to see more. I'm sure your eager to get back to the team to ensure victory over our most bitter rivals.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to Mike Maker.
---
Mike, you have a certain player at our UK camp who the press suggest is getting some heavy pressure to sign somewhere else. Are you open to starting talks on a deal for him now to make sure he understands how serious we are about bringing him to the HIFL? If so, I'll send an offer sheet to you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: August 28, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »

I'm always open to reading an offer sheet, I'm just about to take my morning dump, so send it on over and I'll give it a through read. It will definitely be more interesting than re-reading the transcripts of some of these other GM's press conferences. 

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 02, 2018, 05:32:52 AM »
I've sent the offer over to you. I'll give you some time to take a look at it, speak to your client and we'll return to the matter next week.
---
Tong An, let's lock in for DC's visit.

You all know what's on the line. Go and get us that important W.
Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 05, 2018, 06:23:09 AM »

1. Who was your star player this week? Who disappointed?

What a game. I could pick a whole host of players to name as the star player but that was a complete performance from the team. I want to draw particular attention to Aeron Dacey. He hasn't been on the field a lot the last couple of seasons but, this year, he has stepped up and given us a reliable option when called upon. It's not easy to go from sitting on the sideline and wondering if you're going to get a chance to having a TD pass thrown your way against one of the top teams in the league, but he took in in stride. Dacey and Schwarz are becoming the TE partnership I've been chasing ever since I took over this team.

As for who dissapointed, if you're going to commit a 15 yard penalty, you can't be at fault for a sack in the same game. Kelly has a lot of the tools to thrive in the HIFL but he's learning as he goes. I have full faith in him as an anchor on our line for years to come.

2. How would you evaluate your team over the last few weeks?

We won the Bowser Bowl and the Sasser Trophy... although I'm sure there are more official titles for those... so I'm happy with our last few weeks. We're finding our feet at the right time. Ibrahimovic has brought unpredictability and swagger to our offence, which is getting the most out of the big weapons we have on that side of the ball. The enforced switch to the 4-3 has seen a steady improvement on defence, with everyone looking more comfortabe than they did around mid-season. We're finding our feet at the right time and showing the league just how good we can be.

3. With three games remaining, what is the plan to end the season on a high note?

Our plan is to win all three games and put ourseles in the best position possible to make the playoffs. Beating DC was an important first step, but we have to beat the rest of the division as well if we want to return to the post-season. After that, we plan to win the rest of the games as well and go on our holidays with long overdue rings on our fingers.

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

I have some ideas, but I'm not going to advertise them to GM Gooch or Coach Blitzer. The most important things are for the players to focus on carrying out their roles to the best of their ability and to not give St. Paul too much respect just because of their current winning streak. They sucker-punched us at the start of the season but they're going to find that we are an entirely different beast now.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33:02 AM »
I should probably keep my plans quiet from Coach Swope as well, considering we won't have to worry about Blitzer until the final week of the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 05, 2018, 12:03:55 PM »

Heh, was sounding great until the finish... oh well, it happens.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 05, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »
Blitzer did start as a coach in St. Paul, so at least it wasn't completely random. As for how we beat Swope's version, I was thinking that we might benefit from using the two TE set more. Having two TEs could help contain the pass rush a little but also gives us quick passes against their LBs, which I think is the weak link in how Gooch has built Swope's defence. I don't think Elias will have time to look deep very often and running against them didn't work in week 1.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: September 05, 2018, 10:44:46 PM »

Stephen Leake and Craig Schwartz is one of the best pairs of linebackers in the league, and both are great in coverage, so I would hesitate to say their LBs are the weak link, but I do think your plan could give outlets to help Elias if he decided to check it down. 

He's not one to concede very easily though, he might still try to look down field.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 06, 2018, 12:00:45 AM »
I was looking at their old roster with neither of those players on it. Considerng they're more than $25million over the cap, it's not surprising that there aren't many gaps in their team now. I'll think a little but I really liked what I saw against DC. Elias really spread the ball around and showed the TEs sme love. Were those designed plays or the occasions he actually did check down?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 06, 2018, 12:09:35 AM »

A little bit of both, he will check it down when he has to, but he is not always quick to go for the escape hatch. He wants to score.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »
Hosetly, that's what I like about him and why I made the move from Lynn despite how smart he played. I was frustrated that he seemed to pick the safe option every time instead of being willing to take a few risks. I think the way we played against DC is the best way to attack St. Paul so I won't mess around with our formations or anything. I'll let you get on with it.
---
Tong An, can you get me in contact with Mike Maker again?
---
Mike, what did you think of the contract offer I sent over?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:29 AM »

Not really tickling his fancy right now, but he hasn't refused yet either.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 06, 2018, 12:50:17 AM »
We can circle back round to it at the end of the season. I just wanted him to be aware that it's not a choice between the World Cup or HIFL next season as far as I'm concerned. We want him on the roster.
---
Tong An, let's lock in for St. Paul

Lock in

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: September 16, 2018, 09:16:45 PM »
S10 WEEK 16

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team.

That's what happens when a team below cap goes up against a team $30MM+ above cap. They can play three or four 5* players that we can't afford. If St.Paul don't win the Impact Bowl this season, GM Gooch and his staff should retire from the sport.

2. Talk about your team's news this week.

Swope and Stark are good friends from their time working together here, so I'm not sure why a conversation between the two is news at all.

3. Talk about at least two other news stories of interest.

I couldn't care less about what's happening in the rest of the league at the moment.

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

I'll answer your question with a question: Would you rather face Alabama, Rapid City and Oakland or Atlanta, Portland and Tombstone?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 16, 2018, 11:52:45 PM »

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 17, 2018, 02:27:20 AM »
That was a real kick in the balls and the end of the season for us. We could fight to win the last two games and hope for other teams to do us a favour, but what for? Even if we make the playoffs, we can't compete with the likes of St.Paul so we'd only be making the following season more difficult just for the sake of our egos. The best thing for the team now is to finish below Michigan, as difficult as that it to swallow, so I think we play our reserves for the final two games and give Mississippi and Pate one game each.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:01 AM »
Having said that, I know how much you hate losing and these are your final two games. NJ's S11 schedule isn't your problem, so let's finish this season on a relative high and ruin someone's year. Winning two more games gets us to a winning season after only 3 wins last year and we get to piss on Ace Profits' chips in your final game as well. I'll go down and speak to the guys before we lock in to make sure they know what they're playing for and why they still need to give everything they've got for two more weeks. I apologise for the downer to the press and when you came in here, but at least the other teams won't be expecting us to claw tooth and nail for final stretch.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 17, 2018, 10:05:17 AM »

...That was an odd change of attitude.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
I know the smart play for next season is to set up the easiest schedule possible, like a tactical withdrawal: cede ground this season to make up ground next season. I just can't do it. How could I look at our players and tell them to push to very end of every game, no matter the score, if I give up on a season two weeks early? We keep pushing until the final whistle of every game, no matter if it's the first or the last. That's the Dragons' way.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 17, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

I agree. The Dragons' way.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 17, 2018, 08:19:36 PM »
I'll let you prepare for both games and won't interfere unless we have a bunch of injuries or some other crisis. We'll speak again at the end of the season.
---
Tong An, I'd like to speak to James T. Crain.
---
Mr. Crain, I understand that Lawrence Cantrell is a free agent. Is that right?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 17, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »
NO, HE IS NOT. THERE WAS A TYPO IN PREVIOUS REPORTS OF FREE AGENCY

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: September 17, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
Nevermind, then.
---
Tong An, I'm heading down to the practice field to talk to the guys and then we'll lock in for both weeks.
---
Lads, gather round. Before I start, I think I need to make my approach to the media clear to the newer players in the squad. I'm a firm believer in the old adage that you should treat the media like mushrooms: feed them shit and leave them in the dark. I wasn't at all impressed with the way we played against St.Paul, but we're certainly not giving up on the season... that's just the message I want spread to the other GMs and teams in the league. We're Dragons. We're one of the most successful teams in the league and we've only missed the playoffs once... and that was due to outside interference. We play hard and we give everything we've got until the season is officially over and then we start all over again. This season, I need to ask you to give even more.

I'm sure you've heard the rumours that Coach Stark plans to retire at the end of the season, well that's true. That means he has two more games left in his career unless you give him more. Coach Stark has been the head and heart of this franchise since joining in season 12 and he deserves one hell of a sendoff, and that is down to you. Two more wins and we will have gone from a 3 win season to a winning season. Two more wins will have us knocking hard on the door to the playoffs and we will have achieved every goal set for us at the start of the season. Other GMs, like that fucker in Michigan, are laughing but two more wins means we've had a successful year whilst his team and others have shit the bed, regardless of whether we extend our season or not.

2. MORE. WINS.

Do it for the fans. Do it for your pride. Most importantly, do it for Coach Stark.

Stark on 3.

___
- Depth Chart Changes: Bury Paulson so deep on the depth chart that Tennent gets the call to play CB before we look to him.

Lock in for both games