Author Topic: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS  (Read 70082 times)

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS
« Reply #1900 on: January 03, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »
"Shine through the Shade .." - I like that line.  Thanks for always having a positive attitude Jamie.  Thanks for your time.

-----

Blue let's hit the road. It's game time.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 08, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
Now that's more like it!  Great success on the field today from our boys and it just goes to show you what a fluke week one was.  Now let's get to your questions.  Yes Robert?

What stood out to you this week from your game, both good and bad?

The good is easy.  Not burdened with fearing for his health Jamie Ortega played and boy did he make it count.  I know last week I mentioned how long my memory was well I hope other teams are paying attention.  Because when a GM calls our offense "one dimensional" we just HAVE to prove him wrong. 3 TD in the air. 5 TD on the ground - 290 yards through the air - 282 on the ground.  Sounds fair and balanced to me.  But don't let this be all about the offense because or defense was equally good only allowing two touchdowns and that was well late in the game.  Defense did a good enough job holding down Merv Patton in the first half that most of the Orlando fans never came back from halftime.  Defense also had a tremendous amount of pass deflections that I truly don't have anything bad to point at.  That was a pretty dominant win. Yes Mando? Go ahead.

How do you feel about GM's feuding with the owners of other franchises?

Is this the hill you want to die on today? If it is. Do it guns blazing otherwise best to keep a lid on it.

Two games into the season, are you getting what you expected out of your team?

It's difficult for us to truly evaluate our team because we are keeping week one in our rear view.  I look at week two and beam with pride that our players just don't give us their best effort but can execute what we call for. That's really all I've ever wanted from my players.  Do what we ask and execute it. Yes Jocelyn you have a question?

No team is perfect, what do you feel your biggest weakness is going into week three?

Untested Depth.  We have quite a few rookies at key positions behind the depth chart.  They haven't been proven in battle yet but I hope that they can rise to the occasion especially at TE and WR. Yes Socorro?

Which match up will be the key to victory for your team this week?

Miami is always a tough play. I remember to start the season last year they ran us into the ground but we managed to hold on for the victory.  We need to do two things. Press the QB and hurry his process or at least make him feel hurried.  The second is we need to contain their running attack.  Our run defense has to be there to force them to pass.  If our offense can build a lead and get out early it allows our defense to pin their ears back and get after the QB.  If we can do that we can overcome Miami.

Any other questions?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 08, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
"GM Pancho, do you think Jamie can maintain his grasp as the league's leading rusher? and is that something you want from your QB?"
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 08, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
Jamie can do anything he sets his mind to. He’s not just physically gifted but he has a drive to compete and be better. There are people who when meeting their goals sit on their laurels. Jamie is the kind of guy who got a taste of gold and it only made him hungrier. There’s a reason we marketed him as One is Not Enough. It’s not a gimmick. It’s real life.

As to the second part of your question.  I want my QB as well as any other player on my roster helping me win and helping us repeat. If that means my QB is my leading rusher my WR is my leading passer or my RB is my pancake leader let’s make it happen and get that W and Repeat babay!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »

COACH WALKS IN LAUGHING SLOWLY AND SHAKING HIS HEAD

Man oh man... that Jamie Ortega, I tell ya man...

He's on another level this year, that naked bootleg is lethal, and his scrambling is insane. He's seeing the field like nobody I've ever seen before man.. I love it!

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:26 PM »
What a time to be alive!?!? Am I right Coach??

Two weeks two totally different games. Way I see it is we have 6 great quarters of football and the two we’re going to forget about it. I’d certainly love a repeat performance against Miami.

Can you imagine if he keeps it up!?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »

Whoa man, if he can do it against Chow and those fast defenders in Miami, he really could set some records this year.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 08, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »
Here’s hoping. Thanks for your time coach. Miami’s a big game so I’ll leave you to it.

——————

Blue let’s talk with Damien Mantalban

——————

Mucho gusto Senor Mantalban. Sientase por favor.

Como esta Alabama? Un poquito differente de Mexico veda? Todo va bien con la familia? Lo quiero ayudar porque yo se que dificil puede acer a cambiarse de pais

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 08, 2019, 11:24:32 PM »

Muchas gracias Sr. Pancho!

Mudarse a los Estados Unidos ha sido muy bueno. Mi familia todavía se está adaptando a la vida y la cultura aquí en "el sur", pero creo que pronto lo llamarán su hogar.

Me encanta esta defensa, es increíble y fantástico para jugar. Aprecio los linieros defensivos que tenemos, abriéndome hoyos para hacer las jugadas.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 09, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
Que bueno que te gusta esta defensa! Me da mucho orgullo.

Bueno si necesitas algo. Ahora sabes donde esta mi officina. Nomas preguntame. Que tenga buen dia.

——-

Azul! let’s get ready to avenge that home opener loss. Bring it Miami!

Lock In