Author Topic: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS  (Read 214715 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS
« Reply #3600 on: July 22, 2020, 12:58:08 AM »
THE MEDIA IS STUNNED BY YOUR DECISION TO TEXT THEM YOUR PRESS CONFERENCE AND HAS NOTHING ELSE FOR YOU

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 22, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »

Well that went over like a Lead Balloon. Note to self- make sure you take time out to TALK to the media, they still frown on Social Distancing like we had to do during that Covid thing a few years back.   

Coach Dockery, it wasn't pretty, but we got Win Number 3 and more importantly, a boost of Morale as we go into the halfway point.  Tucson looks to be another tough haul. And we're winless on the road so far.  I'd like to stick with the 4-2-5 this week. And let's keep Kawann and Cuellar out this week. 2 more weeks of healing will do wonders for the 2nd half of the season. So no changes in the lineup. 

Anything else we need to check on or look at ?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 22, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »

Nothing from me boss, but if the docs give those guys the green light I dont think they'd appreciate being left on the bench.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 22, 2020, 04:25:48 PM »

I'm just thinkin' that we don't need them re-injured and lose them for more time.  But, we'll let the docs make the decision.

Douglas to DE1
BigBear to DE2
Plunkett at DE3
Kim at DE4
McLendon at DE5
Dorsey at DE6

Cuellar at WR3
Barrazza at WR4
Nichols at WR5

Defensive Formations stay the same with the 4-2-5 as it puts a four man front against that Running Attack.
We just need another good game on D, make some plays on offense and see if we can't walk out of Tucson at .500

Let's see if we can't make the fans in Tucson see some different Stars- the one who walk with the Skybear.

*LOCKED IN*

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 27, 2020, 01:58:48 AM »

SEASON 13 - WEEK 8

1. Talk about last weeks game what plays or stats were most critical to the outcome in your mind?

Strike up the band, The Skybear's team is 4 and 4,  And this isn't a text, this is Live Baby!

We got a YUUUUUUUGE win on the road against a very good Tucson team.  Julius had his 1st 300 yard game of the season. It was also the first time he threw over 50 times in a game as well. And it was also the first time where we controlled the ToP. We've been harpin' all year that we need to run the ball and control Time of Possession, but Julius and Marshawn got that 61 yard TD under 2 minutes that put us in the lead late.  I've been waitin' for this kind of output from our Offense and we got it this week.

I will tell ya though, the play that set the tone was in the 1st quarter. 4th and 8 from our own 46 and Coach Dockery dialed up a deep pass play and Julius hit Holiday with a beauty to convert it. That just made us very unpredictable and had to keep Tucson on edge on what we were gonna do next. I just think it kept our guys thinkin', "we're never out of this game until the clock strikes all Zeroes."

2. What do you make of your report card at the mid-season point?  Fair?

Ya know, I'm a bit torn with the scores. I sorta feel like Ralphie on his essay gettin' a C+ but nobody's gonna shoot my eye out.  On one hand, we are 4 and 4. We've had some good games, some bad games, a win that shocked the world, and 3 losses in a row where we gave up 47, 48, and 49 points a game. So the C Grade is understandable. It's average, the highs and lows average out. so it's an average ratin'.

But on the other hand, most of the experts had his team as a 1, 2, or 3 win team for the year.  We're at 4-4 and have the potential for more on the way.  So I think the C Ratings are a bit lower than what I expected.

3. How do you grade your coaches and then how do you grade your offense and defense respectively, at this point in the season?

I'm gonna crow about my staff here.  Coach Seaton has kept our offense slowly increasin'. You can see the guys startin' to 'get it'. We're gettin' productivity from everyone and that's all you can ask for. Coach Seaton is the reason for that and I'm lookin' for the 2nd half of the season to be a constant build as well.

Coach Piper has been workin' without Kawann all season, and we were lookin' for Kawann to be a key cog. So my expectations of the defense have been tempered a bit. That being said, we knew our defense was a weaker point of the team, and we've tried to limit their chances by slowin' the tempo on offense. I do think we've a great job of helpin' each other on it, and the switch to the 4-2-5 the last 2 weeks, have brought us 2 wins.  Coach Piper keeps his guys motivated and that's all you can ask for.

And Coach Dockery, what can I say. He was a wild card to hire. He's been a wild card durin' the games. He's been a wild card as we talk between weeks.  But he's my wild card and I'm got plenty of faith in Coach Dockery.  I'm gradin' my staff as a B+ across the board.

4. Have you met your own personal expectations?

I tweeted before Training Camp that this was my kinda team. I knew we had some gems on both sides of the line. I know we're gonna need more in the future, but to see this team at 4-4 right now, doesn't surprise me one bit. I thought this team could go 8-8 or 7-9, even when everyone else was thinkin' 3-13.  So, have I met expectations?? Not yet, but I think if everythin' keeps working the way we want it, we're gonna exceed them for sure.

5. Who is your teams MVP so far this season, and who do you think is the league's MVP after 8 weeks?

Garza has been playing well, Pina has as well. York has been a gem on both offense and special teams, but our offense runs on 'QB4' power, so Julius would be my MVP so far. League MVP by far is Ortega, hands down.

6. Talk about your teams news and at least two other topics from this weeks news cycle, what stood out to you?

We knew Norman was gonna have games like he had in Tucson. And I think he's bein' a little dramatic by callin' it a 'cursed' field.  There are tough fields to kick on because of stands and wind and such but the two he did hit, were his longs for the season.  That 59 yarder was a call that surprised me but I'm sure Coach Dockery asked Norman about the distance, he's been hittin' from 60 in practice, and if he did knock it through, the momentmum would have been clearly in our favor. He was 2 of 5 on the day, and 9 of 19 on the season, but I'm not too worried.  I caught some heat for stickin' with him after preseason but like a golfer, ya just gotta keep kickin' and it'll come through. Norman's my guy for the year.

With all the injuries on the Offensive Line this year, I imagine Lidstrom will get picked up by someone, that contract won't scare a GM away.  So far, we've avoided those injuries but we do have capabale backups in place just in case.

Big props to Busby out in Long Beach for riskin' his life to save a kid.  The league needs more upliftin' news stories.

7. Talk about this upcoming week.

It's a Bye for us and a chance to get healthy.  Hate seeing Williams go down with the broken arm. He's an unsung hero in our offense, especially on the run, but McCormack the Rookie looks like he's ready to fill in for the next few weeks. Kawann will be back to 100% as will Cuellar, so we'll have a little help there. I do hope that Jeffries gets enough rest to heal that ankle well enough to be ready for week 10. If now, we'll deal with it then.

We'll also evaluate things on how we can improve things for this season and next. 

Any questions from y'all?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 29, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »

how do you want to tackle the bye week?

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 29, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »

That Win was exactly what we needed to get the spark back in the team. 

Let's keep the practices light, and give everyone the weekend off for a first half well done.

We've manage to add in another DT with Mr. Good comin' over for Melvin Jones.
I know we'd like to keep the team together but Big G is a 12 year Vet and gives us another big body on the interior of the line, somethin' we desperately can use down the stretch.

I'll take a look and see if we need to look at another move to fill in for the Injured Williams at FB or not. I think McCormack will be good enough for now.
The Docs need to try and keep Jeffries limited as well. We're gonna need him in the long run so losin' him for a game or two may be ok.

I'll have a talk with the Chief here in a bit about the second half of the season.

Anyone on the staff or the team need anything from me before we take this week for rest and recoop?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 29, 2020, 11:16:19 PM »

Nope, not unless you need to speak to anyone.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 30, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »

I just wanna take a couple minutes with Clyde Colbert before the break.

Clyde, We seem to be running the ball well. Pass Protection is keeping Julius upright and the team seems to be gelling together.  As Captain, I wanted to get your insight how the team is faring in your eyes.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: August 01, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »

I mean we're at .500 which is nice, but we're giving up almost 100 more points than we've scored, we're 0-2 in the division, and we still have a lot to prove before I feel like we can be happy with what we are, but that's my personal opinion. I'm sure some of the younger guys are thrilled at 4-4 when we were so bad last year.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: August 01, 2020, 02:22:43 PM »

You're not sayin' anythin' that isn't true, Clyde, I'll admit that to anyone.  I knew that the Defense was gonna be the weaker side than the offense, but it's about buildin' blocks with what ya got and what ya can afford.  This is sorta why we want to keep our offense on the field more: Limit those opposin' teams' possessions and keep our defense fresh. The games that we gave up 40+, we didn't our part to keep them off the field.  I need ya to press that to the guys on offense, we need that extra yard, that extra second on a block and that extra little burst of energy to keep our offense on the field.

We're comin' up on a very favorable part of our schedule. I thought if we can make it to this point, we might just scare a few teams and 'prove a lot of naysayers wrong', like you said. We do have 4 more division games as well, and I'd love to steal 1 or both from Rapid City and Lincoln if we could. St Louis won't be easy either but we'll take it 1 game at a time. 

We're gonna do everythin' we can to make you and the veterans happier than just 4-4.  Keep up the good work, Clyde, and keep pressin' the guys to give that little extra.

I appreciate everythin' that ya done so far, and have good expectations for the rest of the year. Thanks for the honesty, Clyde.

Shay, Would you mind ringin' the Chief?  I'd like to have a few minutes to get his insight on how he sees the Skybear's Team is doin' this season.

Clyde, We seem to be running the ball well. Pass Protection is keeping Julius upright and the team seems to be gelling together.  As Captain, I wanted to get your insight how the team is faring in your eyes.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 01, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »

Shay, I really need to use better judgment on my messages to you. I just need the Chief, not Clyde again. 

She must think I'm a damn idiot cause I keep duplicating my messages back to her. Hopefully the Skybear understands that it's all for the the best of the team and to overlook my errors on the small stuff..

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 01, 2020, 11:42:21 PM »

Dario, back to back weeks with wins bring us to .500 at the mid-season point, we are not a complete team but we are performing above our talent level in my opinion and I expect you to not let this success stop you from working tirelessly to make this team into one fitting for the Great Sky Bear himself to approve of on the day of his return.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: August 02, 2020, 02:21:57 AM »

We're just gettin' started, Chief.

We may be a little outmanned and outgunned right now but I believe the Skybear is blessin' this team a little more each week.  We have some real talent that's getting better each and every game. And our Coaching staff has them playin' at a high level and, more importantly, believin' in themselves as a complete team. I know there may be chances to add a player or two before the trade deadline but I don't wanna disrupt the karma of the team for the sake of addin' a rental.  We're only gonna buy or sell if it makes sense.

We're gonna do our best to make the last half of this season, even better than the first half.  Let's just see how far we can shock the HIFL and make everyone become a believer in the Great SkyBear and the Bruins.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 02, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »

May the Skybear bless your path and bring us many victories.  Good luck.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: August 02, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »

Thanks, Chief.

Shay,

So, goin' through my checklist -
Coaches all good?
Players all good? 
Any of the agents decide to work on those extensions we've offered earlier in the year?

The only thing I have that needs to be done is for #GustoDos and to see if we can get it to play out at the HIFL All Star Event and at double the prize money - 500K to the winner.

Do we have any other business to handle before closin' up shop for the week?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: August 03, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »

if you'll let me know which contracts you're waiting to hear back on I can check them out for you sir.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: August 03, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

Shay, I talked with Mr. Crain about Jared Garza and with Mr. Harris about John Jordan.  I know Crain said he wasn't interested at the moment, but Harris would consider the offer. 
I do wanna accept the Team Option on Robert Weddle for next season, and I'll let the League Office know about that in a few.

I do want to get Steve Rosenhaus on the line for Nolan Klein, while you're checkin' on those two.

Mr Rosenhaus, Nolan's contract is up at the end of the season and I'm a firm believer that a QB should have a Center he can trust.  Julius is here for the next 5 years. I want Nolan here for those 5 years as well. 
I'm offerin' 5 years at 10M Salary and 2M Bonus to keep him here in KC with his QB and the Skybear.

Your thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: August 03, 2020, 08:00:14 PM »
SLOW DOWN

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: August 04, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »

*Looks around, trying to figure out where the voice came from, then looks skyward*

Oh Great Skybear, I'm just tryin' to make sure we have as many players lined up to play for the Bruins next season. I'm lookin' at 22 expirin' contracts comin' off the books and many are Unrestricted Free Agents. So, if I can lock in some extensions on your startin' Strong Safety, your startin' Middle Linebacker, and your startin' Center, like we did with Julius before the end of the season, it's gonna make it 10 times easier to add more players and keep them within the limits of the Salary Cap. Now two have said maybe, but we could really use that third to at least give a maybe, but preferably a Yes, so if you can give a little divine providence towards some of these agents, it would be much appreciated.

*taps the speaker button to Shay*

If we hear anything from the agents, let me know.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: August 05, 2020, 12:12:28 AM »

Neither Mr. Garza or Mr. Jordan accepted our deals at this time sir.  Did you still want to speak to another agent?

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: August 05, 2020, 11:22:04 AM »

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Shay, I do want to get Steve Rosenhaus on the line for Nolan Klein,,, Got nothin' to lose, right?

Mr Rosenhaus, Nolan's contract is up at the end of the season and I'm a firm believer that a QB should have a Center he can trust.  Julius is here for the next 5 years. I want Nolan here for those 5 years as well. 
I'm offerin' 5 years at 10M Salary and 2M Bonus to keep him here in KC with his QB and the Skybear.

Your thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: August 05, 2020, 12:02:39 PM »

Dario, Baby!   Great offer... BUT for some reason the center market has exploded with Si'Lo'Ha, Gordon, and now Cunningham all getting nearly or right at $20MM per season..

That's MAD MONEY for a center but it is what it is baby.. Because of that Nolan and his great numbers this season are not going to sign without seeing if someone is willing to break the bank and let him join the high-roller club in the center department, but hey I'm telling you I think its a fair offer.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: August 05, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »

Had to try to get Nolan in under the radar with those explodin' contracts... I mean, ya miss 100% of the shots ya don't take?  We'll just play out the year and see how Free Agency goes. Nolan's gonna bring close to top money but we'll put our best shot forward then... Appreciate the candor, Mr. Rosenhaus.

Well Shit. Curse of makin' moves at times.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: August 05, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »

...Then sometimes the Skybear looks out for you.

Shay, let Sam Crawford know to Have a Good Weekend and  I'll talk with him the first of next week in Kansas City

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: August 05, 2020, 10:42:07 PM »

LOCKED IN!

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: August 06, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »

SEASON 13 - WEEK 9

1. It was a wild week around the league, tell us about your week and what it means for the rest of the season going forward.

Well, where do we start?  The team had a good week off. The players and coaches all took time away from the grind to recharge batteries and get back to 100%.  We did have to put Robert Williams on IR for the remainder of the year, but it opened up a slot for our latest acquisition, Sam Crawford. Crawford will be slotted into the WR3 position and gives us another weapon for our offense. I'm hopin' that spendin' last year together in Miami will allow an easy reconnection between Julius and Sam. We managed to get another 2nd round pick for next season out of the deal as well, and only gave up some discretionary money in doing so. We're sittin' at 4-4 and have a favorable schedule for the 2nd half of the season. I'm feelin' pretty good about where we stand and with another weapon in Crawford, I think we might have a few more surprises for people.

On a personal note, I had a little fun with a pro wrestlin' group out of KC and we're hopin' to make that all work out into an event for the last home game of the season. I'll keep y'all in touch with that as we go.

2. Will your team be active in this final week before the trade deadline, if so what do you see as your teams biggest need?

I'm gonna be listenin' to offers if they come my way. If we can find a way to improve the team without upsettin' the entire mojo of the locker room, I'm gonna be tryin' to do so. Crawford gives us another quality receiver. I thought we might be needing a Cornerback, but the trainers did a masterful job with Jeffries and his ankle, so we're ok there.  We could use another hand at Linebacker, but I'll look and see if it makes sense and not just get a rental or a malcontent.

3. Talk about your teams news AND any others that stood out to you.

I'm still piecin' together things with Big Phil and his alleged 'swirly' incident with a club bouncer. I know Big Phil is kinda hard to miss so I'm hoping that it's more of a misunderstandin' or somethin' that is more like Big Phil defendin' himself but we'll let the authorities work out everythin' and make more of an announcement after that. We're still innocent until proven guilty here with the Skybear so let's just let things play out before jumpin' the shark. 

As for elsewhere, it's like ya got the Good, the Bad and the Weird going on right now in the Hiffle. It's good to see Coach Rudino get the interim job in STL. I hope he does well, except when we play him twice this season.   Agent 19 is all over the place and right now, that's a good thing, instead of being a detriment to the team. And how about E.E. wantin' to be DPOY? That's like a Saturday Night Movie of the week ready to be produced.

As for the bad, I'm a little shocked at all the turmoil going on amongs the teams. Crowns are bein sold. Coach Freese quits the Kraken. Internal strife in DC and Dallas. I'm happy that I'm not havin' to go through all that here in KC.

And the weird, and we're definitely not holdin' back on the weird.  A stray paintball takes out a startin' linebacker for a couple weeks. Bad food takes a receiver out... and the Hollywood Experience went a little West Hollywood at the Press Conference. I'm all for bein' open and comfortable in ya attire, but they may need to have those blurry screens or black boxes on standby if he decides to do that again.

4. Talk about this upcoming week.

YUUUUUGE Game this week at Home against the Division Leadin' team from the Great State of Lincoln. It's a chance to get a W in the division and take down a rival one step closer to us. We're 3-1 at home and they're 1-2 on the road, so I'm hopin' the numbers play into our favor. Last time we got ourselves trashed by the Pride. Garrett torched us badly through the air from Smoak and we couldn't stop the run to save our lives.  But we're at full capacity on Defense this time with Plunkett and Kawann back on the line. And I know AP and Jeffries are wantin' to shut down the receivers for a little revenge.  We definitely need to play a complete game on offense, defense and special teams with no mistakes to have a chance against Lincoln. And a couple blessin's from the Skybear would be much appreciative as well so we can get to 5-4 and potentially push towards the Playoffs...

Anyone got a question or a comment??

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: August 06, 2020, 05:49:06 PM »

Back to business.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: August 06, 2020, 06:20:49 PM »

Yeah, Coach Dockery, we have a big game ahead of us. Home against the Division Leader.

A few things first, I wanna get Sam Crawford a crash course on the playbook.  I'd like to have him a WR3, movin' Cuellar to WR4, Barrazza and Nicholas to WR5 & WR6. I'll talk with Sam shortly as well.

McCormack is up to FB1, Edward Brown and Harry Breaux at FB2 & FB3. If we can get Robert Williams on the sidelines while on IR to help out McCormack, I think we'd be smart to do that.

Let's continue to let Coach Seaton decide his formation percentages.  Let's have Coach Piper stick to the Current percentages with the 4-2-5 as well.

Jeffries wasn't on the Injury Report so I'm guessing he's at full strengths. Kudos to the Training staff on that one.

I'm going to listen to offers but only if it makes sense. I know we need another linebacker if we can get one.

Do you know about what happened with Big Phil and this bouncer?  The last thing we need is to lose him on the line for any extended period .

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: August 07, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
COACH DOCKERY RAPIDLY SCRIBBLES ALL OF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ONTO HIS NOTE PAD, FURIOUSLY TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY HE FINALLY SUCCUMBS TO THE PAINFUL HAND CRAMP HE HAS BEEN FIGHTING FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE AN ETERNITY.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! CRAAAAAAMP!!!!!!!

COACH DOCKERY RUNS OUT OF YOUR OFFICE AND INTO THE TRAINERS ROOM TO HAVE HIS INJURY TREATED

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: August 07, 2020, 01:02:10 PM »

** Sends Text of everything to Coach Dockery, hoping the trainers can get Coach back up to normal quickly. and thereby eliminating the scribbling in the future. **

Crawford WR3
Cuellar WR4
Barraza WR5
Nicholas WR6

McCormack FB1
Brown FB2
Breaux FB3

Offensive %- Coaches Decision
Defensive %- Same as Last Game's

Big Phil's Availability?

Will touch base shortly

Shay, Get Coach Dockery something for his hand cramp and ask Sam Crawford to come see me please.

Sam, Welcome to Kansas City. I know it's been a topsy-turvy couple of weeks for you. We're glad to have you on the roster and hope you'll feel comfortable here. We have a couple of your former, now current teammates from last year's Championship team in Miami. Coach Seaton will be expandin' our offense a bit to add in your skill set. With Holiday, Rivers and you, that gives us three quality WR's for Julius to target so I'm hopin' we'll give teams more fits on defense trying to cover all of our offensive weapons.

We have a big home game against Lincoln this week, and we want you in the mix and up to speed.  Do you have any questions of me or the team?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: August 07, 2020, 04:36:04 PM »

I'm good boss, happy to be somewhere I'll get a chance to make some plays and be a part of the success.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: August 07, 2020, 05:08:34 PM »

Glad to have ya, Sam. If ya need anythin', just let me know and we'll do what we can to help.

Shay, have we heard anything about the situation with Big Phil?  And how's Coach Dockery's hand?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: August 07, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »

Well all I've heard about Mr. Sanderson was what was in the news headline... uh, as for Coach..

AS SHAY TRIES TO TEXT TO GET AN UPDATE ABOUT COACH SHE CRASHES INTO THE COFFEE TABLE AND GOES END OVER END CRASHING TO THE FLOOR IN A LOUD CRASH!
  MULTI-TASKING IS NOT HER FORTE

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: August 08, 2020, 07:29:25 AM »

**slowly helps Shay to her feet, then nods and steps out of the office and walks down the hallway**

The Skybear is testing me... Patience, baby, Patience...

*a chime goes off*

Who's texting me at this hour?!?

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: August 08, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »

**finalizes a text, presses send** 

Shay, when you have a moment, send a message over to our latest acquisition, Octavio Muse. Let him know I need to talk with him as soon as he's in town.

**sets down his phone then smiles**

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: August 08, 2020, 09:01:37 PM »

Hey boss, thanks for paying for my moving expenses.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: Today at 12:08:21 AM »

Glad to help ya, Octavio. I like to do that with every player comin' and goin'  from Kansas City durin' the season. Last thing ya need to worry about is gettin' stuff from place to place.  We need ya playin' football instead. And this wasn't just a trade for now, we're lookin' at next year as well. Ya tore it up in the XFL last year and while this year hasn't been as productive, were gonna need it for the 2nd half of the season.  Coach Piper will have ya ready by game time.  Let me know if ya need anythin' else.

Shay, I'd like to talk with Coach Dockery about addin' Muse to the Startin' Lineup.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: Today at 01:08:27 AM »

Hey!  I heard from Shay that you been axin' bout me and what went down in the club?  ...Since that fine bitty and coach are both in the trainers room getting treatment, figured I'd come and see what you wanted, so lets spill it.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: Today at 01:48:10 AM »

Big Phil, glad ya contacted me. I figured Coach and Shay may know what all went down. Sometimes people are just more comfortable not talking directly, but with others, direct talk is right. I should've just asked you first instead. My fault on that one.

So what all went down with this bouncer?  And did you really give him a swirly?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: Today at 02:06:23 AM »

I made him choke on my turds man..  There I am mindin' my own damn business.. Homie comes up and wants to fight because his girl sees a real man and clearly be wantin' some of this big big..

We get into a little tussle before ol' boy leaves when I tell him I'm about to give him what he's askin' for... 

Bouncer saw it all go down, saw us break it up, but then waits til I go and drop a deuce in the bathroom to try to tell me its time to GTFO?!  Naaaa fam, not today.. He put his hands on me trying to walk me out and that was all it took, I took him by his bald ass head, shoved it into the toilet and let he get a mouthful.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: Today at 08:37:23 AM »

Sounds like to me that you were a victim of circumstances. Ya know, 2nd man in the fight.  That bouncer should have either let it go or asked you to leave as well when the other guy left. Now if you threw down first, I'd have to make a call on this. But as long as you're the second man in, I'm ok with it. I'll have Shay reach out, once she's done in the trainers office.  We've got a big division game on tap and we need you wreakin' havoc on the D-Line.

Just try not to drop deuces at a club any more, ok?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: Today at 01:53:03 PM »

Word.

GM Dario

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: Today at 03:04:20 PM »

*Sends a text to Coach Dockery*

When you're free, we need to talk about Coach Piper's defense with the addition of Muse. We've played the 4-2-5 the last 2 games but with another linebacker, and a run stopper at that, AND Kawann back, does it make sense to open up the options and let Coach Piper use more 3-4 along with the 4-2-5?   Lincoln ran all over us last time in the 3-4 but we were without Plunkett and Kawann.

I'm thinkin' we go more like this -
3-4 - 30%
4-2-5 Nickel - 30%
3-3-5 - 30%
Dime - 5%
Quarter - 5%

Your thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534