Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 134024 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1150 on: December 15, 2017, 12:17:27 PM »

Whoa, easy there killer..   GM Lucas, nice to meet you first and foremost, welcome to the league. 

Now I know you've got a guy in Chandler who can be disruptive, but careful there calling him one of the best, man..  Looking at this team, it's going to be one hell of a job to rebuild and shape this roster, now depending on what type of offense you want to run, that would depend on who I would recommend as a coordinator, same goes with the draft picks, but I am an offensive guru and a defensive wiz kid, I coach both sides of the ball well, and I like to think that my trip to the Impact Bowl shows that my plans work, man.

...If I was coming to a team like this to rebuild, I'd need security, 5 years and $14MM to take on this task, but I'm taking other calls, so this isn't an official offer from me, man.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 15, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
Well I must say, you are the first coach to come in here with knowledge on both sides of the ball. I must tell you, I have had some pretty impressive coaching prospects come through that door but none with the knowledge and gumption of what needs to be done like you have shown here. I understand your price tag has to do more with the rebuilding process and I think it's fair. Before you were released I had a top candidate in place. I think you have just jumped to the top of that list as my top candidate. I think I am willing to meet your demands. 5 years at 14 million. All I ask for my commitment to your asking price is that you put Atlanta at the top of your list.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 15, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
And one last thing before you go, Mr. Rudino, this team might not make a playoff this season but with the amount of draft picks we have, a clean slate to put together our entire coaching staff and money to spend. I hope that’s enough to bring you too Atlanta.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 15, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

No promises man, but this is a job that I think could be a fun challenge.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 15, 2017, 02:25:44 PM »
Thank you. Enjoy being sought after you deserve it. Hope we speak again

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: December 15, 2017, 03:40:11 PM »
Ms Watson one last thing then we’ll lock in for the off season. Can you tell me how much money we will have pre-expansion draft. Thank you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 16, 2017, 12:01:25 AM »
A FINANCIAL UPDATE WILL COME AFTER THE IMPACT BOWL

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 17, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »
(GM Lucas walks into the locker room with a look of pride on his face)

Gentlemen, if I can have your attention for a few short minutes. As some of you may or may not know I have been brought in to Atlanta as the new GM. My name is GM Lucas and I wanted to come down to look at the faces of the men who went out there week in and week out and put it on the line when by mid season there was nothing left to play for except honor, respect and loyalty to one another. The heart shown on the field this past season did not go unnoticed. I look around and I see some very tired and worn down men who just want to go the hell home and delete this season from their memory. I ask you, please, do not forget about this season. Think about it, learn from it. This past season did nothing to quench your thirst for victory or feed your hunger for glory. I want you to take a much needed rest but keep this sickening feeling with you. This feeling should make you mad, should make you want to come back next season and show those who have already written us off next season. Well gentlemen, things are about to change. It's time for Atlanta to turn it around and take that next step. Gentlemen, I am here for you. I am about three things, honesty, loyalty and respect. But those are three things I will earn from you. Now, I am trying to put together a coaching staff that works for us, that fits our skills and strengths and a coaching staff that can get the absolute most out of every single man in this room. A coaching staff you want to play for. You see, I look around and I see talented men who have not yet reached their full potential and how could you with a season like the one you just endured. I see veterans who want a chance at glory either once again or for the first time. I see some rookies who are still waiting for that exciting HIFL experience they were promised by that last GM upon signing their contract. I see men who are tired of losing, who are tired of being dicked around by coaches and left out to dry or worst, under a bus.

(GM Lucas looks around)

Now, some of you who are under contract and will be here when the winning begins and let me tell you that does not start next season it starts now. Some of you will have an exciting off season being courted and recruited by teams who on paper will offer you a better situation then what you have dealt with this past season, but I urge you, rather you are back in Burgundy and Gold or wearing a new uniform I urge you to remember this feeling. It's a feeling that will drive you. Gentlemen, I wish you all nothing but the best, I wish you luck where ever you may land because you men deserve better than a one and fifteen season. Gentlemen, you don't know me and I don't know you but I will tell you this was the only job I wanted and the only job I applied for because of the heart I saw on that field every week. I am proud and humbled to be standing here in front of you and I hope to see many of you return through those doors next season Thank you, Now go and enjoy your much needed off season!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2017, 01:40:03 AM »

Hello sir.  The owner asked me to give you all of the following information.

- We have 27MM in off-season PR

- We have no coaches.

- Our scouting direction is also the head coach of our Minor League affiliate.

After the Expansion draft we will receive a "ERFA primer" showing us our available roster spots, salary cap, and PR, please do not ask about this until it is given, Thank you.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 18, 2017, 06:30:22 AM »
Well thank you Ms. Watson, I would like to start in the only place I can, the head coaching job. Please get me coach Rudino. CoacH, i told you you were my first choice. 5 years at 14 million, 11 draft picks first 3 rounds and you get a say in bringing in a staff. it's there if you want it. What do you say?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 18, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »

Sorry GM Lucas, but I'm going to go with the job that gives me a shot at a championship. Good luck.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 18, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »
Sorry to hear that but I understand, thank you for your time.

——

Ms. Watson can you get me coach Ryder

—-

Coach, I have an opening and I am wondering if you have any interest in what we spoke about. The Head coaching position is yours if you want it. 3 years 8 million.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 18, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »
Ms. Watson hold that call, do not call yet instead call coach Munoz

Coach Munoz I was wondering if you were interested in getting right back in the game. I have a head coaching job for you. How much would it take?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
And just think, besides having a team with three first round picks and a coaching staff you can put together, you get to stick it to Bama twice a year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 18, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »

3 years and $8 Million is a deal son!  I'll shake on that!

I'm looking for 3 years and $10MM

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 18, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »
Coach JimBob Ryder, another coach who I had reached out too who had a strong track record and successful coaching stint in the HIFL just reached out to me. My loyalty and dedication is putting this team in the best possible situation and as for expearience we believe he gives us the best chance so we will be going a different direction. Thank you for your time and if you don’t land a coaching job and we have a DC job available I would be happy to bring you in for the same money I offered you as a head coach. Thank you for yoir time.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 18, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
Coach Munoz you have a deal. 3 years at 10MM, i'll send it in.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 18, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »

Kiss my ass, you'll pay for this one... I'm going to put our offense into the DIRT twice a year!

Excellent.  I look forward to rebuilding this franchise.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 18, 2017, 01:47:23 PM »
Coach Munoz, these are exciting times in Atlanta for sure. The rebuilding starts at the foundation, your coordinators. Any DC and or OC available you would like to bring in. I was looking to bring in a DC that runs the 4-3 to better utilize the defensive talent we already have on the team like Christopher Chandler and Walter Turner. The offensive scheme is wide open. Any Thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 18, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

Coach Bowman whom I worked with in Alabama would be a good hire, but outside of that, I don't have a preference.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: December 18, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »
I'll see to it. I think having that chemistry is a good start.

---

Ms Watson, can you get OC Bowman on the line

----

Mr. Bowman, you come highly recommended by newly hired coach Munoz who you worked with in Alabama. I think the Chemistry would be great. I'm willing to bring you in for the same length as Coach Munoz, 3 years at 7 per

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 18, 2017, 07:14:50 PM »

You have a deal.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 18, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »
Excellent news. Coach Munoz will definitely be happy to hear I'm putting the band back together again. I'll let you get situated

---

Ms. Watson can you get me DC Foster Diaz

---

Mr. Diaz, Coach Munoz gave me free reign to hire who I felt was the best fit and watching you that exceptional 4-3 that defense San Antonio exhibited this past season I felt like I had to give you a call. I'm not sure if you were planning on moving on to new challenges but if you are Atlanta would be a great place to start. We are going into this years draft with a ton of draft picks in the first three rounds and we plan to focus on the defensive side of the ball first and foremost. We have money to spend on EFRA and free agency. We have a solid DE in Christopher Chandler and a good FS in Walter Turner to build around who both still have a lot of great years ahead of them. I am looking for a coach to get the very best out of these young men and a coach who can lead this defense to the top. Any thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 18, 2017, 10:57:37 PM »

Hey man, I love my job in San Antonio, but money talks... what's your offer?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 18, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
Thank you for your time Mr. Diaz, I must say I am shocked you haven't landed a head coaching job yet. Maybe that's good for Atlanta and about to be good for you. Let me tell you along with accepting this nice little deal I'm about to offer, you get to build this defense with DE Christopher Chandler and FS Walter Turner to build around. With all our draft picks we plan to build one hell of a defense. It's my focus at the moment. So here is my offer;

I can give you 3 years at 8.5mm and if we end up a top ten defense against the run or pass I will bump you to 9mm for the remainder of your contract and if we end up a top ten against both the run and pass I'll bump you to 9.5 next season for the remainder of your contract. And as a gesture that we are going to do this together, I am willing to give you a guarantee on that.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 18, 2017, 11:21:16 PM »
And while you are thinking this over, this offer makes you the top paid DC in the league

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 19, 2017, 12:31:46 AM »

That is a great offer, let me think it over before I decide.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 19, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
I know considering money talks you are probably looking for the most and I completely understand and respect your decision. I hope at the of the day that the idea of a guaranteed contract, incentives and chance to put your ur own personnel together out weights a few bucks.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:52 AM »
While you are weighing your options Mr. Diaz, I'm going to go and continue to build this team to the best of my ability. Rather you sign on which would be great or you take your talents to another team if you could let me know that would be greatly appreciated. If not with us I wish you the best, I know a talented man like yourself will do well where ever you land.

---

Ms. Watson can you please contact newly retired Guard Kevin Corral and just ask him if he's interested in an AC job, if not then can you get me his counter part Tackle Cecil Watson, Thank you

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 19, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
CORRAL WILL SIGN AS AC FOR 2 YEARS / $2MM

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 19, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
Sounds good. I'll pencil it in.

----

Ms. Watson, can you get me DC Diaz once again.

-----

Coach Diaz, some time has passed and I was inquiring about the offer we spoke about. I had time to think it over and I have come to the conclusion, what is an extra 500k? I am willing to alter the offer and give you 3 years at 9 million with a guarantee contract. Now you can have the contract with the incentives or this new one. Now, either one you choose will be fantastic for both parties but I would like to get this done sooner than later so if you choose to go else where I don't miss out on any other potential top flight DC's. Thank you.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 19, 2017, 09:39:31 PM »
Ms. Watson considering Mr. Diaz decided to stay put can you please reach out to coach Michael Campbell

-----

Mr. Campbell, I am looking for a coach to run the 4-3. Doing some research it seems like that's your scheme of choice.

First, Can you tell me a bit about how you would run a defense.

Second, What's your play style.

Finally, How are you with motivating young players and getting the most out of them

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 20, 2017, 06:18:18 AM »
Ms Watson while I wait for coach Campbell to contact me can you get me coach Richard Door.

-----------

Mr. Door, I am looking for a coach to run the 4-3. Doing some research it seems like that's your scheme of choice.

Finally, How are you with motivating young players and getting the most out of them

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 20, 2017, 10:42:28 PM »
stat sheet

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 20, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »

I run a 4-3 defense.

My play style is conservative with about 35% blitzing.

I am a disciple driven coach, I push them to do better and to play with discipline.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 20, 2017, 11:33:40 PM »
Thank You, you are definitely a candidate. I have one more person to interview and I will let you know either way. So far I like everything I hear but in all fairness I am a man of my word so I will call you shortly. Thank you Mr Campbell.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me Coach Richard Door

----

Mr Door, I am looking for a coach who is going to get the very best out of our young players and veterans alike. I would like to ask you a few questions;

Finally, What part of the defense would you consider your biggest strengths

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 21, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »
and before you answer, note I am looking to hire a DC for 3 years at 7 Million per.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 21, 2017, 12:24:25 AM »
RICHARD DOOR HAS AGREED TO A DEAL AND IS NOT TAKING YOUR CALL... MEANWHILE THE SOMETIME-HOT HEADED MICHAEL CAMPBELL WAITS FOR A CALL BACK.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 23, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »
Ms. Watson I have one more Candidate left, and I will be making my choice immediately after, can you get me DC Kieth Knotts?

-----

Mr Knotts, I am looking for a coach who is going to get the very best out of our young players and veterans alike. I would like to ask you a few questions;

First, Can you tell me a bit about how you would run a defense, are you a one scheme DC or are you flexible according to our opponent.

Second, We plan to spend a number of draft picks on the defense, your input will be valuable. Can you unlock unseen potential or are you stronger pushing good players even further?

Finally, What part of the defense would you consider to be the biggest factor in your scheme?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 23, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

I'm a big believer in 4-3 and Nickle set, zone coverage with a good mix of blitzing, but the bulk of my pressure still comes from the defensive line.   

Having coached at North Carolina the last several years, I've had to get a lot of 3 and 4 star prospects up to scratch to keep pace with those boys in Clemson and Florida State, so I like to think I help elevate those boys since we made it to the college football playoffs this year.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 23, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
I love that there is a mix and that you work well with young players considering that we are about to have a large number of rookies on the defensive side of the ball on our team. It's no secret that we have 3 picks in the fist round alone so you might be familiar with one or to to start with.  I would like to make you an official offer of 3 years at 7 Million Per.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 23, 2017, 09:05:34 AM »

I'm mid interview with Alabama and I want that job, it's my number one choice, but if they aren't willing to pay me what you're offering I'll comeback and accept.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 23, 2017, 09:57:03 AM »
Seems fair and I appreciate your honesty. On my end, I will continue to prepare this team. I hope there is a quick resolution and I hope it ends with you signing your name on an Atlanta contract.

----

Ms Watson while we wait for Mr. Knotts to make his decision, can you whip me up the figures and tell me how much would it cost to bring 10,000 fans to the draft with us?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 23, 2017, 10:04:07 AM »

200.00 per flight, so about $2MM

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 23, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »
Thank You, Looks like something we might be doing for the fans, draw some positive attention and let them be a part of our rebuilding process. Ms. Watson can you get Mr. Knotts back on the line. I just want to touch base

----

Mr. Knotts, I just wanted to touch base with you. This is an important time for the team, one I believe a DC should be part of. Not sure if you received any official offers from Alabama yet but our offer of three years at 7 million per still stands. I would like to move forward with EFRA with a DC by my side. If we can get your decision please, it would benefit both sides. Thank you.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 23, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »
MS Watson considering we have not been called back by Mr. Knotts, we are going to move forward with coach Campbell, please get him, thank you.

-----

Coach Campbell, Atlanta has decided that you are the right man for this job. Discipline is what all these young players we will be drafting will need. My offer is 2 years at 5 Million Per to be our DC

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 23, 2017, 11:34:11 PM »

I was reading the bleacher report and saw your offer to Knotts... I'm far more proven than he is, I have head coach experience. I'll sign for 8, and nothing less.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 23, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »

Just letting you know we're going to need 2MM in PR to sign this franchise tag tender.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 23, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
Mr. Campbell, no offense and no hard feelings. That offer was more in hopes to raise his price for our division rival Nighthawks which worked. You want 8, you got 8. Now let's build this damn defense.

------

Mr. Hester, 2m PR for a kicker, that will be interesting billboard but one I am planning to mount. you got it. 2 M PR.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 24, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »

THUMBS UP