Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 50550 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1500 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »
Good, we have Oakland this week, you have the green light to light them up. I'll let coach know we need to spread them out and go hard and fast at these guys.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 01, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »

Hell yeah, lets bust them up.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 02, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
Def will, I'll let you continue preparing.

------

Spread Offense

Offense Depth Chart
WR 1-Pitts, WR 2-Craven, Slot-West
C 1 Kirkland, C 2 Hendrickson

Primary Rusher
Daniel Colllins

Defense Depth Chart
FS 1 Haney, FS 2 Bullock
DT 1 Slender, DT 2 Ezell, DT 3 Mundy

Collins

Blitz: 30%
Pass/Run: 70/30

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »
Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
When everyone outside of our locker room expects you to do nothing and you come out and have a big win like this, I'll be honest with you, You donít find much wrong.  It was nice to get a big win in front of our fans. Protecting our home field is very important to this team. There are still some things we have to clean up but I think we all just got a glimpse of what this team could do once we tighten up the screws and get more comfortable with each other.  I saw a lot of good things. Over the season we have been really using our game plan to slowly bring our rookies along but as you saw what happened when we gave them the green light, I think they proved they are ready. We played solid in all aspects. Our special teams unit has tightened up. Mazza did what I knew he could when I drafted him. Our WRís stepped up and how about that big game from our rookie Daniel Collins, Has he stopped running yet, does anyone know?. But with all that said, letís not forget the great job our Defense did. Our young corners really stepped up, our front seven put just enough pressure to make the other QB make mistakes and two big interceptions from Bullock and Ash really set the tone. Overall it was a good week but we know every week will be different so we have to prepare just as hard and not fall back on our heels with one good win.

Talk about a couple of the topics that stood out to you in the news this week.

I was really happy to see the show of support for GM Powers. We all here in Atlanta wish him a speedy recovery. Competition is one thing but often times we as a whole tend to get caught up in the competitiveness of the game and forget when the clock strikes 0 we are all human and all have lives. Itís a reminder that HIFL is one facet of life and we canít take anything for granted. We hope to see him on the sidelines soon.  On a different  note,  anyone seen any good rap videos lately.

What did you make of the announcement of the HIFL Minor League, do you believe it is a positive addition?

I think itís great. I always love when people get the opportunity to live out their dream.  I think this minor league will allow a lot of young talented players out there who probably had a rough go in college or didnít do well in the combine to get another opportunity to prove themselves. Whenever we can expand the talent pool I think it makes for great competition and keeps the juices flowing. With a minor league I think it can keep the competitive drive going for a lot of HIFL players who got big salaries or had a great years and now find themselves maybe not playing as hard or still believing their hype. It will keep them on their pís and qís so they donít fall back on all that attention they received knowing that with more players looking for opportunity that there will be some GMís who take the chance with a raw talent as oppose to a cocky over paid player who has gotten lazy.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?
Well first I am thankful for this bye week. We can sure use a little rest, I know some of the men in that locker room have been dealing with some nagging injuries. With the college showcase week up coming it will allow for myself and this staff to get a glimpse of possible future Warriors. Then, when we come back, we got to get back to work and  realize that we have forget about records. We have to go out there and play up to the level of play we know we can. The men in that locker room all know now what we can look like now. Heading to Tombstone wonít be easy because no away game ever is. Those players on that sideline have to figure out if they are angry enough to come out and keep searching for that first win or are they punching it in. Either way we will prepare like they are undefeated because as long as Tombstone has men lacing up their cleats and tightening their chin straps anything can happen if you underestimate any opponent. We just witnessed it in our last game. I am sure no one could have predicted that outcome, well no one except myself, the coaches and the players here in Atlanta.

Anymore questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 11, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
"Did you have any problem with Louis Alicea throwing a touchdown pass with 3 seconds remaining in a game you had already won?"

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:22 AM »
At first I was a little shocked because you don't often see that but then I thought back to week 1 when Alabama kept pouring it on with their starters. I remember how upset I was but ultimately realized that if we didn't want them to keep scoring we had to stop them. No one seemed to bat an eye about it and we moved on. Maybe because I am the GM of Atlanta there's some bias but I see this being a bit different. Alicea is our number 2 QB. He often doesn't have the opportunity to showcase himself. He is a talented individual who I know deep down would love to be starting for a team. We were playing in what you all call garbage time and if the other team wasn't ready to fight to the clock struck zero then that is on them and their coaching staff for not preparing them to play 60 minutes. What you all call garbage time I call opportunity for guys who don't necessarily get the opportunity to shine for one reason or another. So if any of our players who don't start wish to go out there and prove themselves then by all means. So, to answer your question, no I do not have a problem. No one gave us a chance and when you keep hearing week after week how your team can't win, well that tends to resonate in the locker room. We have a group of hungry and talented individuals so  I would hope that when given the opportunity that every man in that locker room take it and run with it. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 12, 2018, 12:19:16 PM »

A great win.. Now between us, I called that pass play to end the game because Alicea spent time in Oakland and wanted a little payback.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 12, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
I knew about the Oakland connection but I wanted to send a message that as long as they give us no chance we will give our players every chance to shine, we will not stop, we will not quit. I appreciate what you did because that is style I want to play. When we are up by that much, don't let the foot off the gas. Now we have a bye week which is great. We need Pitts to get healed. I'll let you get started coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »

Sounds good.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 14, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Ms. Watson, considering we are nearly mid way through the season. I would like a quick rundown of our budget if possible. With the trade deadline quickly approaching it would be  in our best interest to see how much flexibility we have.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 14, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »

AFTER FLASHING HER TRADEMARK EYE ROLL AND SIGH...

Yes sir, we have 1.5MM in salary and 1MM in PR available.  Can I help you with anything else?

XENIA FORCES A SMILE

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »

XENIA CAN'T HELP BUT GIGGLE AT THE NEWS..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 24, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me K Wendall Lawrence

------

Great game against Oakland. You made some pretty big kicks for us and I wanted to let you know your clutch play has not gone unnoticed. You've come up big this season. I wanted to thank you and tell you keep up the solid work. It's a relief to know we can get within 50 yards and put up points.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 24, 2018, 07:11:27 PM »

Dude, how can you talk with your face all hamburgered like that?  You're a freakin' Legend!

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 24, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
It's nothing, A black eye, some swelling and discoloration. Most of the damage came when my face hit the floor and busted me open after I was blind sided. That shot completely dazed me and unfortunately for me it made it seem as if though old man Crowe laid waist to me. It is what it is. It's unfortunate that he couldn't let me do the job he brought me in here to do. He risked it all to prove what? Mr. Lawrence, these bruises are a reminder to everyone that no matter if you do the wrong thing or the right thing someone will always be out there to try and put you down and sometimes it will come from the people least expected. I refuse to stay down. Now, back to business. Let's talk legend, those two plus 50 yard field goals you made is what Legends are made of. Keep it that up and you might be writing your own legendary legacy in the HIFL. Now, you said something about hamburgers and made me hungry, I'm ordering some food from Atlanta's best burger place "Grindhouse killer burgers" you want anything?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: June 24, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »

Na I'm good.  You don't get this body by eating Cheeseburgers pal.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 24, 2018, 11:36:03 PM »
I hear you, Well I'm going to let you head out and get some work outs in while I wait for my food.

------

Ms Watson can you get me AC Kevin Corral

---

Mr. Corral, first let me start by saying your experience on the O-line is really starting to show out there in those young guys. I know Redd was dealing with some hamstring issues earlier on. How is he and the rest of our rookies on the o-line coming along.