Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 134032 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1600 on: July 29, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »

Thanks to our 3-1 home record, we're getting a decent turnout to games..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: July 29, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »
How much would it cost us to make sure every seat is filled with Warrior fans. I'm thinking to give back to those fans who normally can't make the games or can't afford the games. I'm thinking of allowing families with their children who don't have tickets to come to this weeks game on us on a first come first serve basis to give back to the community and make sure that stadium is rocking with Warrior fans.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: July 29, 2018, 04:49:17 PM »

Probably 250K.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: July 29, 2018, 06:15:03 PM »
Ok, this is what we are going to do to avoid confusion and people hocking tickets, those trying to scam us or worst, people fighting in our lobby. Instead, we are going to invite all our wounded Warrior, veterans and current military personal to come and fill our seats. Wounded Warriors get first dibs, then veterans and then current military personal; all who live in the city of Atlanta first, then who live in this great state of Georgia. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: July 29, 2018, 07:58:35 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me DC Campbell

---

Coach, you really got these boys playing at the top of their game. Timothy Brown really impressed out there in Evans place. This week we have the number 1 scoring team coming in but I like our chances because they are 11th in their passing game and our pass defense just happens to be our greatest strength. Their offensive strength seems to be their run game but we aren't to shabby in that category either. Do you think are numbers as far as blitz ratio goes is a steady and safe bet or do you see us changing it for this game.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: July 29, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »

Son, we've only given up 20 points in the last two weeks, we shouldn't change a damn thing.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 29, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
Didn't think so, but I still had to ask. You are out there in the front line with those men. I don't see no where near the things you see. Thanks that for that info coach. I think I'll make this a quick week so we can focus solely on prepping for St.Louis.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 29, 2018, 11:52:46 PM »

Sounds good.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 30, 2018, 12:51:41 AM »
Primary RB: D. Collins

If CB Evans plays than CB 1 Evans, CB 2 Cavanaugh, CB 3 Timothy Brown

Game Tempo, Blitz Ratio, Pass/Run and Everything else like like week 11.

Lock In

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 03, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?
Wow, that was not what we expected on our home field. Before we get started let me just say you will hear me use the word inconsistency a lot through this presser. Now, I really wish I could polish something out there to make it seem shiny but the truth is, once again our inconsistency showed. I wonít be a stickler, our special teams did well, congrats to Eric West on that big performance. That is all I can really boast about. I said this game could be a measuring stick for us and if so then we have a lot of work to do going forward. We are further behind than I initially thought. I obviously thought we would go out there and do a much better job considering how we have been playing the last few games.  But we got dominated in all facets. We got 7 first downs while we gave up 22 of them. We gave up nearly 500 yards of offense while failing to break 200. We gave up 100 yards to two different running backs.  I said last week if we played the same game we played last week, normally we should have lost. Well, we did, and we did. There are a lot of things to think about going forward. We have 3 of the next 5 games at home against some pretty good competition as we close out with some divisional games.  We will be better once Evans comes back but that was not the only place we are struggling at. Games like this really tell us where we need the most improvement and if we are going to compete we are going to need our defense to really step up because it doesnít get easier.

What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges?

Well I am happy everyone walked away in good health. Those were some pretty tough competitions out there and those guys were really competing. Almost felt like a school yard atmosphere. Itís good to let these guys go out there and put on a show and showcase themselves. As a GM I like seeing the true versatility and skills of players who may or may not have opportunity to be wearing a Warriors uniform next season. With the impending off season soon approaching I was out there with a pen and pad taking notes. I know a lot of those guys will use this skills challenge to get bigger pay days so this off season will be a fun one.

What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?

The winner will always think better of the outcome than the loser.  Like I said, I think GM Jon has done a great job over there in Seattle but he got a little ahead of himself by thinking all those Seattle players could truly compete with the cream of the crop of this league.  They are a good team and are ahead of us in the rebuilding stage but they are only one season removed from being one of the worst teams in the league. They will get there eventually but I hope future GMís who have the opportunity to pick teams learns a lesson from this. Congrats to GM Kirk, he proved not only he actually knows what heís doing but that we didnít need a lot of players he snubbed to win. Not sure if it was luck or tenacity but either way, he chose the team that took down a West coast team many thought would dominate the East.

With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?

I would love to give you an answer here but that is something I have to talk to my coaches about. Calling guys up requires roster movement and we have to feel like itís worth messing with team chemistry. We are already dealing with a lot of highs and lows during this season. Also, we have to take into consideration that we would be taking players who are learning at their own pace without the constant eyes of the world watching. They are gaining the skills they need and to suddenly throw them into the fire just because the opportunity is there can be very detrimental to the growth of a young player trying to make it in this league.

Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?

Well what can I say, we have no easy task ahead of us as we travel to Orlando this week. The last time they were here they won by ten. Obviously, we havenít done well on the road and they are coming off of a game in which they completely dismantled the world champs. We got our hands full definitely. Hopeful, this week that passed we can chalk up to the inconsistency bug that has plagued us all year. Next  week we will go back, watch some video and hopefully be ready to really give Orlando a game. Considering our inconsistency I wouldnít be surprise if we went out there and got a big win just like I know everyone here wonít be surprised if we walked away with another L, it just speaks to how inconsistent we have been. Again, 3 of the last games are at home. Going into this past week I actually looked at the standings and thought, ďĒWOW, we are two games out the wildcard huntĒ  nothing is impossible but this past game didnít help. Listen, I love this team, the players and the coaching staff and I expect better and I hope they do too. Thank you, if there are no other questions the coaches and I have to speak about this upcoming week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 03, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »

5 games to go, do we want to look at talent evaluation and not worry as much about the final score, or do we want to try to push for the wild card?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 03, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »
Coach, a wild card would definitely put a lot of folks on their asses, even one in particular over in the XFL. And honestly as much as I would like to shut these goddamn critics up this is not about me this is about the state of this franchise going forward. So we are looking to evaluate talent and put these men in the best possible position to win. I want these men to be put in a position to meet and surpass their potential. I want us to be in the best position to go into the off season knowing what we have and what we need and how to address them. If a few wins come along with it then excellent, but right now let's focus on the Warriors.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 03, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »

Understood, so let me know what changes you'd like made to the depth chart or strategy, or if you want to just say switch from mostly starters to a balanced look to give everyone more reps in the games, whatever you want to do.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 03, 2018, 04:32:43 PM »
That sounds good, definitely will, I'm going to call Mr. Peterson and see if our recent Acquisition is ready for prime time. I'll get back to you coach. Before I go, coach can you give me a stat sheet of catches, drops and yards for our WR's,TE's and RB's

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 03, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »

Sure.

West - 56 Catches, 818 Yards, 25 Drops
Pitts - 47 catches, 710 Yards, 6 Drops
Craven - 30 Catches, 341 Yards, 11 Drops
Gilbert - 23 Catches, 84 Yards, 4 Drops
Fox - 8 Catches, 36 yards, 5 Drops
Flynn - 7 Catches, 88 Yards, 3 Drops
Collins - 6 Catches, 33 Yards, 3 Drops
LeRoy - 6 Catches, 90 Yards, 5 Drops
Hood - 2 Catches, 8 Yards, 2 Drops
Martinez - 2 Catches, 8 Yards, 2 Drops
Vazquez - 1 Catch, 13 Yards, 0 Drops
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:43:46 PM by Talon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 03, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »
Thank You coach. I'll call in Peterson, then I'll call you back to finalize things.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 03, 2018, 05:55:57 PM »
Ms. Watson, Mr Peterson please

---

Mr. Peterson, I'm interested to know how Ponch Estrada has been coming along. Do you think he can hold his own in the big leagues or would leaving him there the remainder of the season and briningg him up next season be a better option.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 04, 2018, 11:11:24 AM »

He could possibly push our veteran Albert Esparza for the guard job, but outside of that, our center depth is possibly best in the league, and at tackle I prefer the boys we have.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 04, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
Thank you, that gives me a lot to think about. Mr. Peterson, We currently got Collin Leroy at WR, I know we have Shumaker down there, is it worth bringing hm up or would it be a waist of time?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 04, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »

They are the same, neither is worth our time in the future.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 04, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
Excellent. Thank you for that. I'll start putting things in place.

------

Ms. Watson, can you get me Amber Ellering of the Anchorage Eskimos in the XFL

----

Ms. Ellering, first off it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope this phone call is the first of many we can have between not only our organizations but between our respective leagues. I'm hoping we can maybe work out a deal that suites both teams. Like many teams in the XFL the Warriors are rebuilding. Some food for thought. We are looking to move some solid pieces as we move forward. They are pieces that have started at one time or another and have done well. I have a very good Guard in Albert Esperaza, He's on the other side of 30 but still has some left in the tank and is a great leader for he is currently one of my captains helping guide the younger players on that O-line. He has been a great leader he just doesn't seem to fit into our future plans. I also want to move him because I have a few players I want to evaluate in his position. I also have Running back Johnny Vasquez who really should be starting, I am just loaded at that position. I also have 6'2 WR Armando Shumaker who does not seem to fit in our system. I am interested in working on a deal that might either allow me room on my roster to evaluate young unproven talent without releasing them and allowing a team in my division to scoop them up and use them against me in these next divisional games. I was also interested in the rights to WR George Alicea which you Drafted in the 35th Round. Does any of this interest you for your team and if not what would interest you? If not, no hard feelings, I understand we are all in the same bubble trying to build for the future and I hope to keep a connection open for future dealings.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 05, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »

Hmm, GM Lucas, Thank you for the call and your offer.  I have no plans in trading away any of my recently drafted players, but I do have interest in Albert Esparza.. I am just curious as to why you would want to trade away a team captain with 5 games left in your season, that seems like a good way to lose your locker room, but that's just me.

I'd send you $100K in PR to purchase his signing rights, but I don't think I could do much more for a 34 year old player.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 05, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
Thank you for your interest in Esperaza. I was hoping to get a package going. I do appreciate the cash offer and I am glad we had this discussion and put to rest the rumors of XFL and HIFL not being able to work together. For the Warriors it might have been worth the deal if I could have made it a package deal for your WR while removing cash from our cap. I'll take your words to heart and maybe it's just better that we keep our team moral in tact and not trade a captain away fro a few bucks. Thank you for calling me back, hope to do business in the future.

-----

Ms. Watson can you get me QB Mazza.

----

Tommy, how have you been feeling lately?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 05, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »

Eh... it's been a long and shitty season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 05, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
Who are you telling, I know things haven't been easy. I know it has to be frustrating when you are dealing with so many dropped passes but I think it's all a culmination of the way our season has been going, a lot of inconsistency which I hope we can fix going into the off season. If you could put your finger on it, do you think we could benefit from more practice or less practice, watching more film or just scaling it back and letting the guys get some rest as we go into this game with Orlando.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 05, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »

It's my first year, I dont have a clue man.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 05, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Fair enough. I'm going to let you get back to practice but before I do, where do you prefer your WR's line up. You are out there in the trenches so you have first hand look at who reads the defense better and who runs routes the best?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »

...There's only like one place for WR's to line up, they line up wide... You're confusing the piss out of me dude, do you know how football works?  There is an offensive line, a tight end, wide receivers, a quarterback, that's me... and a running back.  You can't put the WR at Tackle, that would be suicide.  So I like my wide receivers at wide receiver.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 06, 2018, 12:56:50 AM »
Not quite what I was asking but I won't waist anymore of your time. I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Ms. Watson can you get me Eric West

---

Mr. West, good evening. I'm going o get right to the point. I believe the one two punch of West and Pitts has been really good this season. one week it seems to be you putting up stats, one week it's Pitts. But, I call you in because with the stretch run upon us, we are looking as divisional games to close out the season and I need our offense to be damn near perfect. Now, looking over the stat sheet I noticed you have the most drops, 25 for the season to be exact. That's nearly three drops per game and though you have the most yards of our wide outs I could only imagine where your stats would be if you caught half those drops. Now I watch the games. I see you going off, jarring back and fourth, really putting in the work, but again I could only imagine where your game would be if you managed to cut your drops in half every game. When I got here and looked at this roster, you were one of the players I was not moving and I still won't because I think once we get over this hurdle and once Pitt's gets completely healed, our offense will be dangerous. So, talk to me, what's on your mind, has it been the slot you are in, is it the play calling, the routes, talk to me.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 06, 2018, 01:57:51 AM »

Man, I thought I was getting called to be like "thanks for being the lead receiver, thanks for having more catches this year than you did in your rookie year, or thanks for having almost 1000 yards in Kick returns... but you just want to talk about the one negative? 

Drops happen dog, I dropped 20 last year in 12 games, I'm a home run hitter, I go for the big play, and I get down the field, but I don't know how to explain why I drop the ball sometimes, it's just how it goes?  I hear some people try to work on things like hands in the off-season in specialized training, but that's not my call, I just go and ball.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 06, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »
Mr. West, I definitely acknowledge the great job you have done in receiving, yards gain and yards in special teams. You are definitely a home run hitter. My question wasn't asked to insult you in anyway. I was just inquiring if there was something maybe I needed to know that maybe you might have had on your mind that I could assist you in. Like I said, I didn't want to sit here as some GM worrying about only game planning, the off season, percentages so on and then I find out there was something I could have done to help one of my players. I just wanted to know what was on your mind. If it came off as negative I apologize. I won't waist your time and let you get back to work. Oh....and Mr. West, thank you, you are appreciated for all you have done these past two years. I know it hasn't been easy but I promise we are headed in the right direction. I'll let you get back to practice.

-----

Ms. Watson, before we start getting ready to close this out I would like to continue our community outreach and good work we have been doing for the people of Atlanta. I would like to continue with something a bit different. The one thing I think about is how much I miss my dad and how I lost him before he turned 55 to lung and throat cancer. So, I would like to rbing a bit of happiness to all the families who have been fighting this bastard we know as cancer. I want to bring Cancer survivors and any parent who has lost a child a child, child who has lost a parent or a spouse who have lost a significant other to our last home game VS Charlotte. After we do this I also want to donate what ever PR we have left to the Winship Cancer institute of Atlanta. do we have the funds to make that happen?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 06, 2018, 02:07:45 PM »

I'll check over the numbers sir and ..... oh no!

JUST LIKE IN SAN ANTONIO EARLIER THIS WEEK, YOUR PR GIRL SPILLS A CHAI LATTE ON THE COMPUTER WIPING OUT ALL HER INFORMATION, LEAVING YOU AND ALL OTHER GM'S AROUND THE LEAGUE WITHOUT A SAFETY NET FOR YOUR PR, BUDGET, SALARY, AND ROSTER... LOOKS LIKE 11 GAMES IN, YOU'RE ALL ON YOUR OWN.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 06, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »
Do not worry, (Lucas pulls out a flash drive) After every week I save all the information. I'll have it up and running and email you all the info asap.
Once I have this up and running I'll lock in for the week.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 06, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
Ms. Watson I would like if some of the Warriors players would record a small message for the cancer survivors and their families at the last home game. Can you send out a memo to all the players asking if any of them would donate a few minutes of their time to record this message that will play on our big screen at half time in the last home game. Can you let me know if a few agreed. I don't need to know who just if we will get a few guys to donate a few minutes of their time for this cause.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:06 PM »

Yes, several of our best players are willing to do that, good call.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: August 06, 2018, 11:20:04 PM »
Awesome, thank you. I'll send it in and start locking this baby up.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 06, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me Coach Munoz

---

Coach, I've decided to leave Panch in the minor leagues. I think continual playing time and assessment down there will help him more than sharing time here. Now we spoke about assessments vs playing to win and make some noise. Coach, I believe in the future of this franchise but I never asked you your take. Do you think if we go full squad we can beat Orlando or would you rather save that effort to get some revenge on Alabama when they come into our house week 16 for that first week drubbing where they ran it up. I'm split, I want to assess our team going forward and give these young guys some serious playing time but I would love to try upset these next few teams and really give Atlanta something to look forward too. Thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 08, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »

Are you suggesting we can't win both games, so we should throw in the towel against Orlando?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 08, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
Not at all, giving up and throwing int he towel isn't even in my vocabulary. I believe we can win the next four. Now I am ready to go full steam ahead with our starters. I had some time to think and I feel like we have been assessing our players from the start. I know getting the young guys more playing time would be beneficial to our future, I feel like we owe it to the fans, we owe it to ourselves and we owe it most importantly to these players to try and end this season on a high note, give them the confidence going into the off season. I believe a win or a damn good showing could do wonders for the team moral as we close out the season. Let's make the new ownership confident in our ability to stay fighting and clawing. Let's show not only other teams but show our fans that we intend to compete next season for the division and beyond. Are you ready to go and kick some Stampede ass?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 08, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »

Sure.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 09, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Great, If we are going to have a chance I'll stop wasting your time and let you get back to practice.

------

Depth Chart

CB 1 Evans, CB 2 Cavanaugh, CB 3 Brown
FS 1 Haney, FS 2 Novak
SS 1 Ash.  SS 2 Novak

WR 1 Pitts, WR 2 Craven, Slot West, WR 4 Flynn, WR 5 Leroy

KR 1 West  KR 2 Hood
PR 1 West  PR 2 Hood

Game changes
Run/Pass:  55/45
Blitz Ratio: 45%
Tempo: Normal
Defensive Base: Aggressive
Focus: Starters

COACHES MAKE ALL OTHER DECISIONS.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 20, 2018, 01:50:54 AM »
Talk us through your Week 14 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?
Where do we begin, well first hats off to those guys on the other sideline. We knew it wouldn't be easy and missing one of our corner stones in that defensive backfield didn't help. Merv is already a surgeon on that field, lose your all star corner back and you will be in a long day.That was a hard fought game. Weird things happen, you try and see where your team stacks up  against an expansion team like St.Louis and get dismantled, then against a better team in Orlando we take them to the limit. All these games are great learning experiences for us.  When you think of some of the things some of these guys are accomplishing, this season doesnít seem like such a loss. Letís start at Our O-line, not only are they limiting the amount of sacks we allow but they are creating space to allow D-train to run down field. Itís pretty amazing when you think heís missed three games and is nearing a 1,000 yards.  This game definitely added to that as once again our O-line helped us rack up 242 yards on the ground.  Letís not forget to give it up to our D-line who held the entire Orlando team to under 100 yards rushing and give it up to James Cavanaugh for his defensive player of the game honor. Missing evans wasn't easy but James damn near covered the entire field, but a QB like Merv will find where James isn't and take advantage of that.Either way James can ball; I truly felt the difference in this game was not having James partner Evans out there on the other side. Regardless, we had some good things to build on moving forward. We have limited our mistakes over the second half of this season and we went back to controlling time of possession. Right now we need to work on getting our offense in rhythm. Itís always either our run game or our passing game, very rarely is it both and that is our biggest heel at the moment.

Talk about anything interesting you around the league.

Well I wonít say interesting but you definitely see the teams that have pulled away. I wonder how all those GM's who traded within their division to Las Vegas feel right about now. GM Metro should send all those GMís 50 yard line seats to watch his team in the Impact Bowl. Anyway, in more performance based news, take your hat off to Shelley, plus 200 yards is never an easy feat.

Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

Well, we clearly have a team coming into our home who have really surprised some folks.  When we first played them, they blanked us. I thought it was a combination of us struggling and them getting lucky but clearly throughout the year they have been one of if not the best defenses in the league. But would you believe me if I told you I wasnít worried. I think the men in that locker room are playing hard. They are playing with heart and leaving it all out on that field, they know they can compete. They know that we are a interception here, fumble there, missed field go here away from being in a wild card race. So, is Miami a good team, absolutely, but We have a few things going for us right now, I believe we will be at full strength, we will be at home and most importantly we are playing motivated and trying to send a message. These men won't play scared, we are going to go right at Miami and if we can limit our mistakes and control the clock  This could be the kind of game that will surprise a lot of people. So,Warrior fans, come out, fill the seats, tailgate, make some goddamn noise in that stadium this week because we are going to need every one of you. I promise, This will be a good one, you don't want to miss this one..

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 26, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »

You have to think, if Collins doesn't come out after just six carries, we win this game.  He dominated them until he cramped up.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 26, 2018, 12:22:01 PM »
Coach, you guys did an excellent job getting them ready. We might have seen a Robles type performance from Collins if he stood in. They played hard and motivated. Not having Collins and Evans showed, but that's behind us now, it's something to build on as Miami comes into our house. We have a big opportunity against one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully we have both Collins and Evans back. I am confidence you and the staff will have them ready to go again. Question coach, I watch from the box and I see them playing hard but how do you assess this teams effort during the second half of the season?.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »

Overall, I'd say they're playing as well as they can.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 27, 2018, 05:56:32 PM »
That's good to hear. Coach, we got Miami coming in here. They don't seem to have many holes in their defense and their Run offense has been stout to say the least. I was thinking for this game airing it out and putting the game in Mazza's hands and being extremely aggressive on defense. Any thoughts on an approach, what do you think?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 28, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »

If you want to go that route, lets do it.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 28, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
Sounds good coach, I'll let you get back to practice. We going to need every ounce of it this week.

--

Ms. Watsonc an you call in Tommy Mazza please

---

Tommy, I'm calling you in here to let you know this week we are letting you take us to the the W. The game plan will revolve around you and we are giving you the green light to light Miami UP!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 29, 2018, 12:53:04 PM »

Are you saying I can unleash the beast?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 29, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »
That is what I am saying. LIGHT THEM UP!