Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 148247 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1800 on: November 20, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
Ms. Watson , welcome back, Glad to be starting this up again. I won't waist time can you get me Agent Leventhal

--

Mr. Leventhal, I won't insult your intelligence with some crazy excuse why I screwed up when I locked in and forgot to send the league the paper work that we came to a deal for Clayton Milligan. I would like to make it up to you and offer him 250K extra in bonus money for my negligence. making his salary now 2 years 500k and 250K Bonus Money

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: November 20, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »
THE PRESS CLAMOR AND RUSH TO REPORT YOUR OPEN PUBLIC NEGOTIATIONS.. MR. LEVENTHAL IS VERY UNIMPRESSED BY YOUR BRASH TACTICS.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 20, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
Ok, ok calm down, welcome back. I see a guy can't start the season with a joke. I just wanted to put it out there I do apologize to Mr. Leventhal though I can see that with this long exasperated, unbelievably slow paced off-season that the wait and eventual start of the preseason comes with no funny bone. Let's get down to it,

Use three words to classify how your off-season went, and explain.
I think our off-season went extremely well. Low key and well. Considering the spectacle that was last off-season I believe we were off season ninjas. My plan was to be very smart, patient and tactical and I think it paid off. A few times I almost let the off season fray get the best of me but I wanted to stay focus. The people of Atlanta and those players who are still here with us deserve it

Coming out of training camp, where do you rank your team in the division, in the conference, and in the league?
Hard to say, so many teams got better. I think we have taken the right steps forward to finally put my moniker from last season into play. "Winning begins now", remember that, I do, because I believed it then and I still do. Building a winner doesn't happen over night. I needed time to make this team into the team I promised Atlanta last off season. An offensive team that can grind and play some D and I think that is what I have built. Are we better than last year, absolutely. Are we the best in this division, well it's hard to make that claim when you share a division with the Impact bowl champions. I will tell you this, We will be better overall, in the division, conference and in the league and I believe this year, all those close games we lost last year will be in a thing of the past. I don't see us getting blown out, not with that backfield and I don't see no teams rushing for 7 TD's on us. Not with that front seven I assembled. So, do I think we got better overall, you damn right we did.

Do you have any position battles planned for the preseason?  Which jobs are up for grabs and what do you hope to gain from the preseason games?
I don't know if we have position battles per say but it will be interesting to see who stands out. I mean with so many key additions on this team I am excited. I mean look at DE. We have Larue coming back and have squired Douglas and Shrader so it will be great for us to see who stands out. Our LB's have gotten much better to support James Brown. We have an amazing WR core which is refreshing considering how thin we were at that position last year with only West and Pitts. It will be great to see guys like Taylor, Collier and first round draft pick Zambrano all ball out for that #2,#3 and #4 slots. These men all competing to stand out will only make us better and so for Atlanta, this will be fun. Let's not forget we have a nice amount of key players on their last year, so I know their game will be maximum effort as they ball for that big contract in the off season, again, all good for Atlanta.

any questions...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 21, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
"Are the rumors true that you attempted to make a play for Elias Ibrahimovic, and does this mean that you are not 100% committed to Thomas Mazza as the franchise QB here in Atlanta?"

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 21, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »
Those aren't rumors, I threw my hat in the Elias pool but it had nothing to do with my lack of commitment to Mazza. Listen, when I look at Elias I see he has all the tools Mazza has, he just seasoned. I thought he would be a perfect fit to come in, push our young Qb, work with him and guide him. Mazza came into a situation with barely any tools. Having Pitts, West and Collins last season defiantly helped him but like most rookies, he had some great moments and some head scratchers. When I sat back and I realized I really didn't put Mazza in a great situation with high expectations but he still showed up every game, balled out and lead this team like a leader should. He had his ups and downs and that is to be expected from a young Qb in a rebuild process. All I wanted to do this off season was surround him with the talent that would allow him to succeed and reach his potential. So when I considered Elias it was all about creating a learning environment around Mazza. Let us not forget I gave Mazza a fully guaranteed contract because from day one I have been all in on him and nothing has changed. But since we are talking about my interest in Elias let's talk about why I decided to quickly pull back. Mazza has a great head on his shoulders, He's humble, he's smart and he's a gamer. Elias, as talented as he is comes with a huge circus, a big ego and a large price tag. I also realized that Elias considers himself the savior so he probably wouldn't want to be considered a mentor. He most likely would not except a back up role to a young QB. He considers himself a savior and with the team I built around Tommy, I feel like we already have one on board ready to take the next steps and lead the Atlanta Warriors. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 21, 2018, 11:23:46 AM »

Well, time to get back to work.   ...Walking up to the podium while leaving a voice mail with an agent wasn't the best idea, but Ms. Watson did bet me you'd make a mistake on the first day, so I owe her a spa day and a date with my son Ron.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 21, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »
Coach, with the additions of McClure and our significant upgrade in the WR and TE department we have the tools, weapons and talent to put up some big numbers. I know we went spread and shotgun a lot last year but I now having we have a monster run game. So a few questions and I'll get to the business of getting us some SS depth;

So first, How much do you see our play calling changing for the offense

Second, what percentage do you now see us running the ball?

Third, in your opinion what was do you feel was our biggest acquisition this off season

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 21, 2018, 11:33:35 PM »

Since we ran with coaches decision on everything last year as well, probably the same ratios as before, that's our preference.

As for your other question, I think Kawann Douglas was the biggest addition to our roster.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: November 22, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »
Great coach, from training camp, Coach Kidwell praised some of the draft picks in the minors, but from what you see, of all the draft picks besides Zambrano who we know can be dynamic, who do you consider our best rookie.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 22, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

I don't know yet, they haven't played a game.  I need to see some production.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 22, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Got it coach. Well I am as excited to get this going as i know you and the players are. I'll let you start putting things in place to get our preseason going. We'll talk coach.

-----

Ms Watson, let's try this a third time, maybe it's a charm, can you get me Mr. Leventhal on the phone

---

Good day and happy Holiday Mr. Leventhal, I won't take much of your time I know this day is reserved for more pressing matters. Most if not all would think I am crazy for attempting a third time to sign your client. I wanted to start with a third times a charm joke but I know in this business talking business is no joke to you so first, I mean what i said in my message. I apologize for the lock in error. second, honestly, I thought walking to the podium leaving you a message would lighten the mood and break the ice and that went wrong. I do not mean piss you off and I do not take this as a joke. I want to make it up to you. You have two clients, Clayton Milligan who not only do I want to sign for the initial 500K but I will give him an extra 250k in bonus money, your other client and I believe he is still available is SS William Rodriguez, I am willing to pay him 250K and give him 500k bonus money. That pretty much takes all my cash from my budget and I am willing to do so as an olive branch of my negligence. Is there anyway to get passed this.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 22, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »

I believe you need to refresh yourself on the way bonus money can be offered in a contract based on the total amount of salary involved. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 22, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
Thank you for taking my call, So how does 500k with 250k BP for Clayton and 350k with 500k BP for William sound. We can make it two years because we need the depth.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 22, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
To avoid confusion how about just 500k with 250K Bp for Clayton. Hopefully we will work a deal for William afterwards. This way keeps it a clean and easy transaction. Thank you for your patience Mr. Leventhal

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 22, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »

Lets avoid confusion and just say "pass."  I'll let someone else's client make a deal with you this time around, me and mine are content were we are right now.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: November 22, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »
I understand, sorry for the confusion. I'll continue my search. Thank you Mr. Leventhal.

-----

Ms. Watson can you get me Ms. Molina

----

Ms. Molina, my paper work says your client SS Russell Allen is available, if so I would like to sign him for 1 year, 250K. Sound good?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 22, 2018, 10:20:49 PM »

Sure, we'll take that.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 22, 2018, 11:54:28 PM »
Great, I'll send it in

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 22, 2018, 11:58:31 PM »
Ms. Watson, can you get me Ms. Molina once again

---

Ms. Molina, I was looking through the free agency sheets and had to call you back right away because I noticed you might have another client available, SS Laurence Wimberly. If this is so I would like to make him the same offer of 1 year at 250k.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 23, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »

Sure. We'll sign.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 23, 2018, 10:49:44 PM »
Great, I'll send it in

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 24, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me Coach Munoz

---

Coach, So I went out and got us some SS depth to cover us in preseason and give us a little extra help if needed in the defensive backfield. I have a little money left and we have a few slots left to sign one other player to give us depth. Any position we should consider adding another body to or do you just want to wait and see where we might need a player if an injury happens during the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 24, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »

I mean, there is talent out there like Prescott as a back up QB, or Mike Reeves as a starting tackle, Andrew Viera as one of the top rated punters in the league..  but are any of them a "must have?"  ...no.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 24, 2018, 02:46:20 PM »
Do you think our current back up M. Ryan would do better developing in our minor leagues while we bring in a veteran like Dak or do you consider that a lateral move. I want to give you and the staff as much depth to play around with as possible.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 24, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »

I like having three quarterbacks on the roster, depth is key. You dont want your star receiver dropping back to throw passes because two guys got hurt.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 24, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »
sounds good, I'll get on it. Coach, I like what I see so far. I think we have some serious talent. Now I don't like to let economics determine position battles so I'll leave it up to those who know talent best, my coaches. What position battles do you see going down this preseason.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 24, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

We have so much talent at Wide Receiver there is clearly a lot of battling going on there between Collier, Pitts, Taylor, West, and Zambrano..

LaRue and Schrader are fighting for reps at DE, and that's really about it.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 24, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
This preseason will be an important one for those gentlemen. This year I want to make sure our special teams are sewn up so before we head out to preseason can you tell me how our kick and punt teams look. Last season we had issues with run backs until we put in some sure fire defenders.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 24, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »

Kickoff team is

Lawrence
Cavanaugh
Evans
Brown
West
Collins
Collier
Taylor
Pitts
McClure
Zambrano

The Punt coverage team is

McCants
Collins
Rosen
West
Pitts
Hanlon
Redd
King
Kirkland
Esparza
Duckett

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 24, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
Great, I'll get some of our Running backs and Wr's out of there once we are ready. What would you like to see in the preseason as far as playing time goes. Anyone you really want to take a good look at?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: November 24, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »

Nope, I'm working with whatever you put out.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 25, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Great, let me call Bobby Shapiro and see if we can get that 3rd qb on board.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me Agent Shapiro please

----

Mr. Shapiro, I am interested in signing your client Dak Prescott. 1 year 250 K. Sound good to get him on a team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 25, 2018, 12:14:40 PM »

We're looking for $750K

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 25, 2018, 02:09:57 PM »
I understand Mr. Shapiro unfortunately I can't offer 750k because I do not have that in my budget. The best I can do is offer a fully guaranteed with my original offer. We are looking to make him the number 2 qb on our roster. With preseason but days away I was hoping to give your client an opportunity to be on a team as we break for opening preseason week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 25, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »

Thanks, but no thanks.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 25, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »
I am still interested. I'll look at my roster and see if there is anything I can do. Expect a call back within the next few hours.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me David Ames

----

Mr. Ames, I'm interested in signing your client Andrew Vieira. How does 1 year at 250k sound

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 25, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »

We're looking for $2MM per season, but since this year is about to start we'd knock the price down to $1.5MM

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 25, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
I would love to bring him on, if I can move some things around would you take 1.5 in the form of 1 million cash and 500K bonus money?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 25, 2018, 08:31:07 PM »

Yes, we would definitely do that for this season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »
let me move somethings around and expect a call from me in a bit. Thank You

-----

Ms. Watson can you get me agent Hester

---

Mr. Hester, if your client Mike Reeves is still around I would love to give that crafty veteran a shot to break camp with a team. Would he sign for 250k for 1 year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 25, 2018, 10:07:57 PM »

We're joining a coalition with several other talented veterans that is pushing for the league to raise the veteran minimum salary, so no we will not sign for table scraps.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 25, 2018, 10:24:09 PM »
It's more about what I have available than being disrespectful so my apologies, I wanted to give your client a chance considering he was still out there. A lot of teams shy away from players north of thirty but I think there might still be a lot left in the tank so you tell me, what are you and your client looking for?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 25, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »

For the starting right tackle on the record setting Impact Bowl Champion Alabama Nighthawks, with 60 pancakes and only 2 sacks allowed?

We're looking for $3MM for the season, its negotiable but Mike's also nearing the end of his career, so winning is also important.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 25, 2018, 11:26:21 PM »
Thank you for letting me know, it's a bit steeper than I was expecting and I understand he wants to win and he should. I'm moving some pieces around to sew up some final loose ends on my part. I hope your client finds a home with a winner. I'll maneuver things around and if I find 3Mil in my budget I will give you a call. Thank you Mr. Hester.

---

Ms. Watson can you get me Bobby Shapiro on the line

--

Bobby, we are ready to make the move for Dak, 1 year 750k

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 26, 2018, 04:11:53 PM »

Alright, we'll sign.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: November 26, 2018, 07:45:57 PM »
It's done. Thank you Bobby Shapiro.

Ms. Watson can you get me coach Bowman

--

Coach, I know we ran a lot of spread and shotgun last season but what do you think about implementing a strong I formation considering we got two outstanding backs.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 26, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »

That's not really in my wheel house baby.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 26, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
I am going to trust that you get the best out of this offense I put to together. Collins rushed for over 1000 yards. West and Pitts both had over a thousand yards receiving. So I can only imagine what we can do now. What does your run pass ratio look like currently.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 26, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

40/60 Run/Pass  but on early downs I lean heavy to the run like 60/40 baby

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 26, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »
Nice, So with the extra training, which players did you see the biggest improvements from