Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 134021 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1850 on: November 26, 2018, 11:18:30 PM »

Its hard to say, really.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 26, 2018, 11:33:27 PM »
Thank you coach, any progression is good progression and I know from the off season reports we had a lot of good coming back so I guess preseason will be a slightly better indicator of how we gonna move about. , I think I have a much better understanding how we are approaching this year, thanks again. I'll let you get to it

---

Ms. Watson can you get me DC Foster Fletcher

----

Mr. Fletcher, glad we get to speak. I'm really excited about our defense this year. i know you mentioned how we have some sneakily good talent and that is what i am hoping for. Trust me any improvement is better than what we had last year but I feel really good about this squad. Before we go into the preseason i just wanted some information about what you see for us and how you see running this defense. so a few questions

First, with Cavanaugh, Evans, Ash and Haney locking it down in the backfield, do you think we got the grit to go after the QB and get him?

second, how much do you see us blitzing, percentage wise? And does it change with game scenario or are you lock in to how much you want to blitz?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 26, 2018, 11:49:59 PM »

I think we can really blitz them pretty heavily, I'd like to get out there and throw a blitz out 60% of the time.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 27, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »
That is a 360 compared to what we had here before. I've always like a heavy pass rush but I've noticed that most team run blitzes at about 30-40%. I can't wait to see how we perform with that goal of 60%. Any defensive position you feel we should pay attention too or can depth too?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »

You can never have too many pass rushers, stack the D-Line and the rest will fall into place.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 28, 2018, 12:44:39 AM »
I hear you and I have someone in mind to help us add depth at defensive tackle.  Let me get on the phone, thank you Mr. Fletcher

---

Ms. Watson can you get me agent Campanelli

---

Mr. Campanelli, how you doin? I got a proposition for you and your client Rex Mundy that is win-win-win, hear me out. My DC Mr. Forrest says we should be loading up on the D-line. Now, why would I want to go out there and try and find some raw or inexperienced talent and sign him for pennies on the dime when I got a talented hungry individual like your client Mr. Mundy already in our organization. So, I would like your permission to restructure Mr. Mundy's contract. Same money but I would be allocating 750k of his cash to his bonus pool money. This allows us to stay within the 50% compliance rule and does three things, this gives us more talent on the d-line and allows some flexibility. It gives my DC the depth he is looking for and because I gave your client bonus pool money it secures his spot on the main roster for the duration of his contract with us. Win-Win-Win. Is this something you think we can do. If it helps I'll add a fully guaranteed clause just to show you how committed we are to Mr. Mundy.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 28, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »

Rex doesn't want to do anything laterally.  If he was getting a raise, then maybe but your "commitment" to him rings hollow considering you drafted another DT and have him starting for you this season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 28, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »
I'll take the blame but the truth is we didn't have a defensive coordinator who could evaluate talent or put the right guys in the right places. I trusted my previous Minor league coach and scout and he never spoke about Mr. Mundy. All I had was the stats that showed up on paper and they were average at best because all the intangibles like heart, strength, will and smarts don't show up on the stat sheets. so I thought, "maybe some time in the minors could help Mundy develop". Then we get Mr. Forest as a DC and Mr. Kidwell as our Minor League coach and suddenly they are talking about the talent we have including your client Mr. Mundy. They gave me solid information with all the tangibles that make Mr. Mundy a player worth having on the main roster. So you see, it wasn't my lack of commitment, it was actually my commitment to keeping him that made me want to send him to the minors to work on all the tools I knew he had. I really hope he could understand my position and reconsiders. I don't have the funds to give raises at the moment but if we can work this out, I can include in the contract that next season he receives a 2 million dollar raise for season 12 and beyond and I can make it fully guaranteed.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 28, 2018, 03:18:59 PM »

We can talk about next year next year. For now fuggettaboutit.

...by the way, who the hell is Coach Forest?  I thought Foster Fletcher was your defensive coordinator? 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 28, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
When I say his name to fast I try and shorten it. hopefully I make some room to just bring him up without asking him to restructure. Thank you. Let me get working to see what I can do.

---

Ms. Watson can you get me Mr. Kidwell

-

Mr. Kidwell, I am planning on adding some D line depth from our own minor league. In your opinion who is most ready to be a productive back up on the d line.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: November 28, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »

If I had to pick one, I'd say Mundy.

Oh, real fast.. I'm going back to Oakland for the second pre-season game, They're retiring my jersey, so I need to be there.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: November 28, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »

Absolutely, That's your legacy. You deserve the honor. I'll let you start prepping these youngsters as i try and make some final moves. Thank you Mr. Kidwell

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 28, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me Ms. Molina

---

Ms. Molina I we have so much business together you are starting to feel like family, (Chuckles) I see that your client Jaime Sipes is available, if so I would like to sign him 2 years at 500k per

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 28, 2018, 11:30:42 PM »

Sure.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 29, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
Great, I'll send that in shortly

--

Ms. Watson can you get me agent Scott Forrest

--

Good day Mr. Forrest, I call with some good news for your client Dale Pulley. My initial thought was a player with raw talent good use some minor league game time to hone in on his potential and eventually make the main roster. Low and behold, My Mr. Kidwell has informed me that Mr. Pulley is already ready to make the jump as a contributing back up and possibly starter if he plays out of his mind. I'm ready to bring him right in but there is one thing holding me back. I am trying to give my team as much depth as possible and with that my budget has been practically all used up. I would love to bring him up  but I would like to get your permission to allocate the 250K from his 1.25 salary to bonus money to make the transition. This will assure him he stays on the main roster and give us the depth at pass rusher we need. Do I have your permission to rework the contract in this way.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 02, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »

I don't negotiate deals until after ERFA, ever.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 02, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »
Ok, I really hoped we could do this but If that is your stance then I respect it.  Thank you

--

Ms. Watson, can you get me Amber Molina

--

Ms. Molina, as you know Atlanta has the Amber Molina family of clients, probably the most clients from one agent of any team. We always have a good rapport. So,as you know we just agreed on a deal to bring on your client T Jaime Sipes for 2 years 500k. A slight oversight on moving money around has left me to ask you for a favor, but one that helps your client. As you know we brought back our sack leader, your client Scott Larue. I resigned him for 4.5m for one year. I would like your permission to defer some of his upfront cash to bonus money. This will help us with some flexibility when bringing in Sipes with no budget infractions. Of course I would compensate your client and rework his contract with a raise and I'll add a year. I would like to rework Scott Larue's contract to 2 years at 3.5 Mil with 1.75 bonus pool money. I'll make it fully guaranteed so he stays a Warrior and gets a 750k raise just for you saying yes.  Think you can work with me in this way. Once this gets done, we will be fully loaded and ready to rock and roll into the preseason.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:48 PM »
AMBER AGREES TO THE DEAL

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »
Excellent, thank you.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 02, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
Ms Watson can you get me agent Crain.

----

Mr. Crain, I see your client K. Joseph Carter is still available, I would like to bring him in for 1 year 250k

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 02, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
DEAL

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 02, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »
Great, I'll make the necessary moves and send it in.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 03, 2018, 12:18:35 PM »
Preseason i

RB 1 Darin Cabral
RB 2 Daniel Collins
RB 3 Ralph McClure

WR 2- Pitts
WR 2-Zambrano
Slot-West
WR-4 Taylor
WR-5 Collier

DT 1 Swanson
DT 2 Ezell
DT 3 Mundy

Lucas Ash- out of game

Coaches make all other decisions

Preseason 2

RB 1 Ralph McClure
RB 2 Darin Cabral
RB 3 Daniel Collins

WR 2-West
WR 2-Collier
Slot-Taylor
WR-4 Pitts
WR-5 Zambrano

DT 1 Swanson
DT 2 Mundy
DT 3 Ezell

Lucas Ash- out of game

Coaches make all other decisions

LOCK IN 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 13, 2018, 11:21:42 PM »
What did you gather from your preseason games?
First off, who here is ready to get this season on the way. Now, The one thing I gather the most is That the vision I had for this team when I was hired is coming into fruition. I said I would build a team that would ground and pound, I said I would build an offensive line and I said I would build a defense that can track mobile QBís and defend the pass, but, with all that I am trying to put together here, nothing compares to the hard work, hustle and heart I see these men playing with. They are hungry and they are ready to show the results of their effort.

How much stock do you put into your teams preseason performance?
Normally I donít look at it as a measuring stick but this year, well, we faced both Oaklandís and Seattleís starters and did well. You always wonder how your offense and will look when you add so many new players. Normally it takes time to click and really understand the nuisances of not only your role but everyone elseís role on your side of the ball. You have to be able to trust that the man to your left and right are doing their job and from what I see, these men look like they are taking their jobs very seriously.  So I will be lying if I said these games meant nothing. Itís always good to get any win against another teams starters and considering more of our newer players played more the second game and we still walked away with the W speaks volumes.

What is your primary and secondary goal this season, personally?
Personally, My first goal is to make sure I keep focus on the prize and let the season playout and let these players go through their ups and down without a big reaction. My secondary goal, in all honesty is just to make sure I donít bring any embarrassment to this great organization. I want the people of Atlanta to be proud of this team and I donít want to create any distraction for them.  The fans deserve it, the players deserve it, the coaches deserve it and goddam after last year, Iím gonna throw myself in there and say I deserve it too.

Who impressed you the most on your own team in the pre-season?
WOW!, I hate this question because as a whole, this team came out and is already in mid-season form.  Now, I wonít skate around this question and tap dance, you guys deserve better.  I got to say the play of WR Tim Collier. I mean we have a ton of talent at WR but if you take to the fact that he is coming back from a pretty big injury he suffered as a rookie, compile that with the fact when he got healthy he was traded away. Things like that can really mess with a young player, it can really dim motivation and beat their confidence down, but not Tim. Tim seems to step up when his number is called. First game he had that nice late TD which I know had to feel great. This past week, 4 catches for 61 yards. I am very impressed with this young manís demeanor and tenacity.

With the start of the season finally here, what do you expect from your players in week one?
Like I said, they look like they are already in mid-season form.  We won 1 game before I got here. Last season we won a few more. We no longer want a few more, we want a lot more. These guys played hard and gritty last year and we barely won any games because of the lack of talent, Now that they see what they are capable of, that they see they are the talent, MAN! That has to be a great feeling when you know there is nowhere to go but UP! And What a way to start the season versus our rival and Impact Bowl champs Alabama.  To open the season on national television against the Champs is huge for how this team will carry themselves at the start of this season. For the guys who were here last year, they are remember the humiliation of run up scores and what was it, 6, 7 ,8 TDís against us. Yeah, I wonít give any coach any bulletin board material but, letís just say we are not the same team we were last year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 14, 2018, 12:17:27 AM »

You know I hate Alabama, we need to make this one respectable even better if its a win.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: December 14, 2018, 12:33:48 AM »
My thoughts exactly coach. I saw a lot of good thing from both sides of the ball. I think we are very balanced on offense and I feel we actually have a d-line. Besides the kicking which i hope doesn't become an issue, any bench player earned a starting spot or any starter we should be concerned with?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: December 14, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »

I'll let you make that evaluation.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: December 14, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »
Ok, I'll dissect the stat sheets. Now about our kicker. I know letting go Lawrence was not idea but it helped relieve some Bonus money and salary  to help us fill needs and my thought process was with all the kickers available if we could find someone to just boot some 30-40 yard field goals we should be ok. Watching our kicker missing two field goals in each game, both from nearly identical spots within the 30 and 40 yard lines was not encouraging. Do you think maybe there is a better kicker out there. Releasing Carter will give us slightly above 300k to work with or do you think our Punter McCants can handle the field goal duties.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: December 14, 2018, 01:11:41 PM »

Its hard to say, I've never seen McCants kick a field goal. 

Carter missed 12 FGs from 30, 40, and 50+ in his 2 years in Music City, making 27, so he's not a great kicker to begin with, but the market isn't really flush with quality right now.  Dale Miller is probably the highest rated kicker, and Vegas watched him miss a ton of kicks last year, so I'm not sold on us getting a major improvement and burning our last bit of cash.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: December 14, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
Sounds good, I'll analyze what we saw here and make my decisions before lock in. Thanks coach, new season ahead and Opening night against a team I would love to upset more than any in the league.

---
 Ms. Watson can you get me DC Fletcher

--

Coach, about to get this started. We are opening on national TV and I need to know two things,

First, I think we should bring Swanson along slowly and go with Ezell and Mundy, your thoughts?.

Second, Do you like Douglas and Larue or Larue and Shrader to start at DE? Larue already got a feel for our scheme so I'm thinking He should be one of our starting DE unless you think differently .

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:05 PM »

I think Douglas and Shrader are the better pairing, and I agree that Swanson shouldn't be starting.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 16, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Good, that should give the best shot to slow down Robles. Thanks coach, I'll you start prepping, Big week ahead.

---

Ms. Watson can you get me coach Bowman

--

Coach, I see our WR depth like this Pitts, Zambrano, at the slot West followed by Collier who can also sub in the slot and Taylor, you see it differently, if so, what would you change?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 16, 2018, 12:39:48 PM »

Hey baby, I think you've got the right idea.  Taylor backs up the outside receivers, Collier backs up the slot.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 16, 2018, 01:58:04 PM »
Perfect, Coach, Two items I was watching. First I'm thinking of starting Sipes and Redd. I like Duckett but I feel that maybe he is slowing down or has not caught up to game speed yet. Am I right or do you think Duckett over Sipes is the better call.

second, We have Ponch Estrada slated for C, but he plays every O-line position. You think he's a better start a G over Esperaza. Or, do you like what we have there? what's your thoughts on Ponch?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: December 16, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

Are you right, that he slowed down OR hasn't caught up to speed?  I don't even know what you mean there.

As for Ponch,he's the only back up center we've got so I don't see the reason to move him. I think he's okay, but he's a short fat guy and isn't someone I'm all that impressed with.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: December 16, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
Wondering how do you evaluate Duckett, is he a starter or do you think Sipes should start with Redd.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: December 16, 2018, 06:05:09 PM »

Duckett is comin off of 59 pancakes and 3 sacks allowed last year I don't see why we would replace him.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: December 16, 2018, 10:36:59 PM »
You're right, I was just wondering if you saw something different during preseason. Ok coach, thank you for the info. We start our season on the biggest stage against the biggest mouths in the league. We have an opportunity to really get this thing moving in the right direction and make a statement.  I'll let you get back to prepping so we can go and get ready to start this season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: December 17, 2018, 11:18:13 PM »
(Lucas walks into the locker room)

Gentlemen, before we get on the bus let me just say a few words, I'll keep this short. I believe every man in this room is already hype and motivated for this season to begin against Alabama on national TV so I don't need to speak loudly and go into chant. Gentlemen, we have an unbelievable opportunity to come right out the gate and make a statement. See, to stop a bully they say just punch him in the mouth. When you realize who we are playing you would think it would be easy considering how big their mouths are but as you know nothing in this league is easy, especially this task to open week 1. We have a chance to measure ourselves against the world champs. Most teams need to wait for mid season to find that staple game. We have it now. Not sure of you all had a chance to hear that other GM in Alabama's presser but he's asking that the league to watch us because he's scared of us playing to hard. He doesn't want us to play rough. Gentlemen, my grandfather once told me he wasn't scared of no man, no matter the size. He said Xavier, "I might not win every fight, but I promise you this, the other guy will leave with something to remember be by, he'll never look the same again". That's it Warriors. Win, lose or draw we make sure they remember who we are. This is a man's game and in this room I see 40 men salty as hell ready to make a statement.

Warriors, let's make Warrior Football something that has meaning.

BRING IT IN, on three, 1......2......3

WARRIORS!

--------------

Depth Charts

Kickoff team Depth Chart

McCants, Cavanaugh, Evans, T.Brown, Wallace, J.Brown, Allen, Wimberly, Rhoden, Gilbert, Haney

The Punt coverage Depth Chart

McCants, Rosen, Hanlon, Allen, J.Brown, Wimberly, T.Brown, Haney, Swanson, Wallace, Rhoden

WR Depth Charts
WR 2- Pitts
WR 2-Zambrano
WR-3-Slot-West
WR 4 -Slot- Collier
WR-5 Taylor

RB Depth Chart
RB Committee
RB-1-Daniel Collins
RB-2-Ralph McClure
RB-3-Darin Cabral

PR/KR
PR 1 West
PR 2 Cabral

KR West
KR Cabral

Defense Depth Charts
DT 1 Brian Ezell
DT 2 Rex Mundy
DT 3 Marvin Swanson

DE 1 Kawaan Douglas
DE 2 Joaquin Shrader
DE 3 Scott Larue

SS 1 Lucas Ash
SS 2 Russel Allen
SS 3 Laurence Wimberly

FS 1 Peter Haney
FS 2 Tim Rhoden

In-Season Training Schedule
- 4 hours Position Training
- 4 hours Athletic Training
- 2 hours Physical Training
- 2 hour Film Study

Players
-Darin Cabral
-Marvin Swanson
-William Wallace
-Ponch Estrada
-Nathaniel Taylor

All other depth chart and Game strategies are coaches decisions.

Lock In

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: December 27, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
(GM Lucas walks in with a huge smile on his face)

Good day, no, Great day. Great way to start a season if you ask me. Ok, letís start

Talk us through your first regular season game of the season, who impressed, who failed? 
We won the game. While it was considered an upset, we were confident in ourselves. To us it wasnít an upset. We went on the road to a loud stadium unveiling their championship banner. That crowd was already in mid-season form before kick-off. And At first, Ortega taking some of those long runs put this crowd on frenzy mode. I had confidence that our coaches would begin adjusting. The run defense is something we are still putting together. Iím sure those men donít like to see a stat sheet with over 200 yards rushing put up. So weíll get there.  I wasnít worried because I have all the confidence in the world in our coaching staff. I also knew we needed a big stop to settle this crowd down and boy did we get one. Let me say, as a team we stood fighting to the end and didnít let them get comfortable.  We controlled time of possession, we made more first downs, we passed the ball well and didnít give away the ball with turnovers. This team really did impress me. We were down 17-7 before the half and never gave up. On the road, in a loud setting, against the Defending champs we stood toe to toe. But, when you talk about which one player impressed me I would be remissed if I didnít point out the big play at the goal line from Peter Haney. When you have a man Ortegaís size 6í5 257 coming down the line and Haney who is 6í0 182 pounds goes head to head and not only stops him but knocks the ball loose, WOW! Game changer. That injected pure adrenaline into this team. Everything changed from that moment. We had a different mindset but we knew that Alabama would probably adjust the game plan if Ortega couldnít come back out. But when you are the defending champs and are as arrogant as they are you feel you plug in any player to do the same thing as your Superstar QB, well we took that as a direct disrespect that they didnít think we can stop them at all and our guys responded. So some might say things would have been different if Ortega was playing and thatís fine.  To me I see it as, they still had to score on our defense which wasnít letting anything in through the air and they still had to stop our offense that put up 31 strictly on the ground game. Could have Ortega made a difference?  we will never know but our job is to play who is on the field and if that is all they had to put on the field then that's on them.

What do you want to see your team improve on the field?
Well itís hard to say, Alabama plays a college style offense with all the option passing and moving their Qb around so those things always change how one seeís a defense. What Alabama does is not the norm. Having a QB like Ortega changes defenses around.  He played us before, he knew he couldnít pass on us thus why he was 3/11 with 24 yards in the air so he had to run for every yard. If there is one thing I would say we have to work on is just getting to the outside and making the play. A few times Douglas and Shrader had him dead to rights but a player like Ortega, though he has a big mouth and bigger ego heís a big guy with big talent. You donít lock him up and nail him heíll slip by and make big plays. So moving forward, we just have to make sure when we got these slippery guys coming out the backfield that we wrap them up and not necessarily go for the should tackle or big hit. Grab them, allow your team mates to get there and bring them down.

Give us a take from at least two of the stories in the media this week.
Well one thing that is concerning is that the Seattle officials denied knowing Ibrahimović had a concussion. Listen, we are all human and make mistakes but when you are in the position of officiating a game and having to determine if a man is healthy enough to play and it goes overlooked, thatís not a good look for the league. Every player in this league must be taken care of. On one side we have supposed claims that the officials wouldnít let Ortega come back because of ďfear of a concussionĒ if you believe that and in another game an actual concussion gets overlooked. We need to get on the same page and form and create direct and strict list of what to look for in these matters. These men have families to go back home to and a life to live after HIFL is over. Iíll leave that there and hope with it being week 1 we get this straightened out. As far as any other news, I think overall I enjoyed watching all the supposed upsets in the league. A lot of teams came in with big dreams, hopes and a lot of trash talk and went home with their tails between their legs. This is a new year. A lot of Gmís made some big moves to help their teams but yet the Alabamaís, Seattle's, Vegas and Orlandoís get all the praise. Itís nice to look at if even for this week and see Orlando, Alabama and Charlotte at the bottom of the Division.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week. What is the biggest match up to watch in your eyes when it comes to victory?
We have Miami coming into our house and let me start by saying there is one particular player who circled this game on the calendar.  Last year, Miamiís defense was tops and their run game was as good. This is a different year for both of us. Every week will be a different test for us.This week we will see how our offense reacts to their D-line. We will see McClure against his old team. We will see how our D-line performs against a more basic offense set up. Those all are the keys to winning right there. Control the clock, keep the ball, take advantage of scoring opportunities because against this defense you might not have a lot of them. Iím sure once again we will be the underdog which is just fine. We prefer that no one seeís us coming.  I like that we are the oneís that wake teams up. Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: December 27, 2018, 01:15:57 PM »

HELL YEAH!!!

MAJOR HIGH FIVES

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 27, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »
Wooooooo! Can I get a hell yeah coach. Hit them right in the mouth. Trust me I was especially happy for you to finally put them in
their place. They'll remember this game. I wanted to ask you some questions, since you are down there much closer than I am. I saw Douglas and Shrader multiple times almost nail Ortega then he slipped away for big gains, was Ortega just that elusive? We are gonna have one more game against them during the season and I definitely want stopping him to be our focus, we can't always count on 6'0 foot 182 pound Haney to always put the hurting on him. (Lucas chuckles as he high fives coach Munoz)

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 27, 2018, 03:35:48 PM »

He has elite speed and mobility, its hard for people to catch him especially on those bootlegs because he can throw so well on the run that you can't cheat and try to help.  He's a mismatch on so many levels.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 27, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
Yeah that makes sense, I know any other Qb would have been paste so I give it to Shrader and Douglas for constantly being on his tail. But that's that. Week 1 is in the books. I think we stepped hard on our stepping stone but now it doesn't get any easier for us. We can't let our fans down. They are on an all time high and with Miami coming in our house, What do you think about sending a message and starting McClure as the first RB out there. Sound good or should we keep to our game plan and not change a thing?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 27, 2018, 11:51:09 PM »

I think it would be a good symbolic gesture.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 28, 2018, 12:44:26 AM »
That's what i was thinking. So we'll get that in. Coach, I think our team showed some great poise. regardless of who is on that field for us to come back from 10 points down on the road in a hostile environment shows a ton of gumption from our guys. I'm going to let you get going to get them ready. I want our boys building off this win but maintaining our focus. That wasn't our impact bowl it was just the right step towards that goal. See you out there in practice.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me Peter Haney

---

Mr. Haney, I called you in to shake your hand. The balls you showed out there going head to head with a man the size of Ortega. That is what football is about. That is Warrior football right there. You not only jarred that ball loose which turned the game around but you let him and the rest of that team know we will not tolerate this bullshit. That turned the game around and sent them back to lick their wounds. That was something to watch. I nearly fell out the booth when I jumped out my seat so high at the when the sound of that hit rang out and the ball was on the ground and Shrader recovered it. Man! What a moment.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 28, 2018, 01:28:38 PM »

'sRight, boy come up in my grill gon' get clacked.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 28, 2018, 01:36:47 PM »
Damn right. Look, I decided that on a week to week basis i will put this on my wall.

(Lucas pulls out a small plaque that reads Player of the week. It has Peter Haney's name on it.)

I decided as a GM that I would like to acknowledge on a week to week basis the player I felt changed the game for us in a positive way. Week 1 honors go to you.

(Lucas puts up the plaque on a wall he made space on. He hangs it up then walks over to Haney for a DAB.)

Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing what you do against Miami.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65534
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 28, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Hell yeah boss man, I love that. Hold up, I need a selfie with this piece! 

Aight now, lemme get back to the grindstone and get them gains, dig?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 28, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »
Hell yeah, I'll let you get out of here and get to practice. Keep it up.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me Ralph McClure

--

Mr. McClure, seems like you have made yourself at home. How did it feel to get out there with your new team and lay some ground work?