Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 139553 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #2150 on: April 29, 2019, 11:51:23 PM »
Coaches make all decisions.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 06, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »
What was your biggest takeaway from your game this week?
On the positive, this team won't back down. This team showed me how close we are to doing some special things. Mazza is coming into his own and when he gets going we are dangerous on both air attack and ground attack. On the not so positive, we have to do a better job of finishing. When we march down with two minutes and every where you look guys are stepping up, making big plays and then we take the lead with 37 seconds. We have to be able to tighten up and lock it down. We can't give up chunks, not when you are playing the defending champs. I've talked about arrogance, and really healthy juices in Alabama but the truth is this is why they are the champs. If you want to be in the position they are in you have to be able to close. We went blow for blow and the difference was the last 37 seconds of the game. This type of game will go along way for both teams. For them, I know they are looking at themselves, wiping their brow and loosening their collars wondering why won't we just lay down like the 11 other teams they dominated. For us, though you always want to come away with a win, this was one of those loses you walk away from knowing that you got better from. Knowing if we can just put it together at the end and start closing teams out we will be right in the hunt. It was a great game. Alabama won, take nothing away from them. If you want to be a champ in this league and call yourself great you have to play from whistle to whistle and finish strong. Let me end with this, The standings and box score said we lost but when I look in that locker room i don't see losers. i don't see a team that lost at all actually, I see a team on the cusp of some great things ahead.

Talk about the fight in the LB/OAK game and your take on the suspensions handed down.
When this week started and you looked at the games on the schedule, you would have thought Atlanta and Alabama would be throwing down and getting ejected. Not since their old rivalry did you think Oakland and Long Beach would be in this broohahah. But, I tell you this, this could be a blessing for both teams. If Oakland can overcome the suspensions and keep pushing towards the playoffs this could really motivate and unify the team. For Long Beach, it shows GM Gooch that his players are willing to go shoulder to shoulder into a battle and watch each others back. It shows the players that the coaches are right there with them. It probably wasn't a good look for the league and I'm sure those smug business men over in the XFL are licking their chops hoping to vulture a few offended fans but sometimes you just got to fight. Both teams, though in different places in the standings are dealing with their own frustrations and things like this are bound to happen. Let's not forget this was an old rivalry that has once again been ignited. Maybe it's good maybe not. Let's see what the suits of at headquaters think when they levy the fines and suspensions.

Talk about this weeks game and what it will take to win.
Well, Orlando is coming into our house. Our fans will be raging after this past week. We are putting it together. We did a real good job last time we met Orlando. We are a better team and much more unified team than we were when we first met so I think if we can play the rest of the way like every team we meet is Alabama we will surprise some folks at the end. Let me not forget, I have been giving praise to the offense and we all know our pass defense is for real. But I feel over the past few weeks are front seven has really showed up. I know we gave up a ton to Ortega, but that's what he does. We don't game plan for that one particular anomaly. We prepare so that we aren't completely taken off guard, but traditionally we have really stepped up in the run defense. On traditional sets Robles had a quiet 80 yards and most teams if not all run traditional sets. So hats off to our front seven that has really stepped it up lately. 

With 4 games to play, what do you have to do to close out the season strong & where do you see your team finishing in the playoff race?
After Orlando we play Charlotte, Miami and Music City. Four teams, three which we lost to at the start of the season in very different fashions. Besides Miami, the other two teams have had their share of issues this season. If we can close out Miami this time and not have a penalties cost us the game I feel confident in what we can do down the stretch. We just have to play each one of those teams like they have Nighthawks on their helmet. We can't play down to the competition anymore. Those three teams beat us and we need to exact some payback to end the season strong. I just want to see consistent and strong play the rest of the way.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 06, 2019, 11:48:15 PM »

That was one of your best pressers. It really inspired then team to not let that last drive define their hard work.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 07, 2019, 12:27:11 AM »
Thanks coach. See their play out there gave me a real good feeling. If my words inspired the team it's because everything I said is true. We have to close out strong. To have the kind of season we have had and be in hunt for the last wild card spot is motivation, not that this team needs anymore motivation. I can't help think about what a good spot we are in for these next couple of games. (Takes a breath) One game at a time, we play one game at a time, we win one game at a time. Coach, I know Mazza has played very well this season but he looked great out there these past two weeks. He seems to be comfortable and playing right in his element with the plays and schemes you are throwing out there.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 07, 2019, 01:59:37 PM »

I think we're showing that we're a team on the cusp.  Lets finish this season strong.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:17 PM »
Hurah coach, let's lock this shit down. I'm going to let you go and finish getting these men ready to ball out.

----

Ms. Watson can you get me Mr. Mazza.

----

Mr. Mazza, great game out there this past week. I think that game put the naysayers to rest and put the league on notice. I know one thing, if anyone was was questioning our ability, This team shut them up. That last 2 minute drive was something of beauty. We have an opportunity here to end this season on a high note starting with Orlando who we have recently had a lot of success against. Mr. Mazza, in these next four weeks it's Time to shut them down, get some payback and light these boys up.

"ROLL'EM AND SMOKE'EM"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 09, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »

I don't partake in smoking the devil's lettuce Mr. Lucas, Cannabis is one of many drugs on the HIFL's banned substance list. ...but I understand what you're saying.

I just hope the line can protect me better than they have so far this year. I've been sacked more this year than I was all of last year.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: May 09, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
I definitely hear you and I know the line will do their best. We have been clicking and we have a team coming in who gives up a ton on the ground who now has to deal with our air game.  Let's show them how we do it this time.

-----

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »
What was your biggest takeaway from your game this week?
Well I'll address the negative first and there were two, so let me get to that so we end on a positive. First let me say our O-line has done a solid job, much better that last year but we just have to tighten up. There are times when Mazza has all day then there are times when he letting go of that ball within 3 seconds getting hammered. We just need to tighten up and play whistle to whistle. The next three games we face we wil be seeing two really talented D-lines and we are going to have to step up to give Mazza a bit more time. Second, we have to do a better job of not leaving points on the board. No position is easy in this league and the kicker position is especially difficult because so much rides on a player who is in the game such little amount of time. But,we have to be able to take a step back, take a deep breath and make every opportunity count. Every time we miss a field goal my heart breaks twice. Once for the opportunity missed and once for the Kevin Fay who I know feels the worst. So let me say how happy I was that he redeemed himself with that 55 yard boot. I can see the weight was lifted to have us actually win a game on a field goal as oppose to losing one. but overall we have just got to be better. On the positive and there are a few, again, it was finally good to be on the winning side of a field goal. I was happy to see our defense once again rise up. I love that if one Pitt brother don't get you, the other will. And the last few weeks since they both been healthy we have seen the damage we can do. Even though I said the O-line just needs to tighten up a bit more I can't go without saying that I am glad the O-line could help us put up over 170 yards rushing.

Talk about this weeks game and what it will take to win.
Well we face a Charlotte team riding high after that big upset. Crazy to say upset after a year that they we in the playoffs but the way things have went and how they just flipped the switch to restart the organization again I know for those guys over there, that win was a playoff game as ours will be. They are looking to knock us out. We are one win and a few loses by other teams away from being in the playoffs and I know they would like nothing more than to ruin that so we have to play them like they are Alabama. Every team is either fighting for their playoffs lives or trying to knock someone off. We have been fortunate that other teams struggled along the way leaving the door open for us to have this opportunity but now we have make every game count.

Talk about anything you would like from this past week.
Well let em say we are fortunate and happy to have one tough S.O.B. Playing Qb. Seeing guys like Shelly and Meek go down ending their teams season, that thought scares me the most. This team has been battling so hard so when you see Mazza get hit like he did and walk back out, you know we have to step up for him.

--------

Big win coach, and just like that we are back in the hunt.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 14, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »

Absolutely.  That was a must-win for us, and we won it.  It was scary, but we won it.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: May 14, 2019, 04:44:45 PM »
Coach, Each of these win are a must win. Now, I want to address our injury, coach you were closer than I was. I know Brown going down leaves us without a Nickle CB for a few weeks. Is this a situation where we need to IR him and bring up our rookie from the minors Peter O'Niel or can we slot our back up Safeties into that position if needed?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: May 14, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »

While I think O'Neal might be the better choice because our back up safeties lack the skills you want in the nickle, I don't think we'd be smart to IR Brown if we still have a chance at the playoffs, because we will want him back for that.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: May 14, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
I was thinking the same but wanted to know if we were both on that thought. Cavanaugh and Evans will have to step it up big time these next few games. I know the guys must be amped and I don't want to ruin that with any long speeches but I do want Fay to know we stand behind him the rest of the season. Coach, Let's keep it rolling, Charlotte embarrassed us early in the season and just came off a big win against Miami. They are a different team now but as we saw, very capable of winning. They beat a pretty good team in Miami but they haven't seen a duo like the Pitt Brothers or DC and McClure. I'll let you get these men ready to go while I'll call fay in and then wrap this up.

------

Ms Watson can you get me Kevin Fay

---

Kevin, what a roller-coaster of a game. As you heard in my press conference when ever WE miss a kick it breaks my heart twice, for the missed opportunity and for you. I know what ever I'm feeling that it is nowhere near what you feel so I wanted to let you know we are behind you. You made it when it counted and because of that 55 yarder our playoff hopes are still alive. So thank you, and know, we got your back.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: May 14, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »

Thanks boss. I appreciate it.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: May 14, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »
These next three games are big for us, I don't need to tell you that. We are all feeling it. you gave us life. Go out there knowing we got your back and the universe will take care of the rest.

---

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: May 20, 2019, 10:03:17 PM »

With two weeks remaining in the regular season, what is your approach and why?

My approach will be the same it's been since week 1, make sure these guys are ready to go out and fight from whistle to whistle. We are in a unique position. Obviously this week, we didn't do ourselves any favors by being swept by a rival but that is the way these things go. I spoke to another a friend afterwards, trying to clear my head. He told me it's obvious Charlotte has figured something out about us that we need to figure out about ourselves. He told me Charlotte is to us what we are to Alabama. Every team has that team that brings the best out of them no matter what how their season is going. So I took a deep breath and realized that though we can taste the post season our main goal is to keep building on the teams foundation. Keep figuring out who we are and letting these players get better at what they do and if a playoff berth is the final outcome, than great for all parties involved. The team, ownership group, the fans. But if not, that only means we got one step closer and it will make the guys that much more hungry. So we fight on. The fans are behind us, we have a great coaching staff who is out there busting their tail every day and we have a owner that stands behind us.

There is a rumor circulating that the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that is being finalized between the league office and players union will significantly change the HIFL for years to come. What is one thing you would want to see added and one thing you would want to see removed from the league if you had the power to make it so.
I would love to see HIFL put a stop to out of league trading. It's already borderline that some GM's have inside tracks with other foreign organizations to help supplement their rosters. I find that tolerable because those players could be bid on and brought into the league. I feel being able to trade outside of the league for salary dumps should be stopped. These kids play their asses off. They work so hard to get into the league and then some GM gets into trouble and ships out a potentially talented Qb like Huerta out of the league. Now what is that Kid doing, with the Emergence of the XFL  he'll probably enter the XFL and be something big. We already saw a boat load of players and coaches sign on bringing some HIFL flavor to our competition. I'm sure some eye brows were raised. As a league we have to stick together. With that said I would also like some thing in the contract that states if a player does not like his contract and decides to go to the XFL, that we, the teams in HIFL get an opportunity as a league to bid on his services. I mean if Team A doesn't want to give player X certain dollars and he threatens to go to XFL or he does and receives a contract, then why not allow him to continue to play in the HIFL on another team and allow teams to bid on him. This way the players gets a contract that he feels he deserves either way and the league keeps their talent.

If your team had news this week, discuss it and your game this week, if you did not have news, how much stock do you put on these final two weeks when it comes to building momentum for next year?

There was a lot going on. We saw another Gm get canned while a very talented coach went back to Ohio State. We are seeing a lot of injuries altering the the playoffs. Maybe this is another thing we can look into. teams getting bye weeks at different times. So many teams going through so many injuries maybe we should look into alternating Bye weeks. Oh and how can I forget, the big news title, at least for me. Listen if the rumors are true that Orlando might try and reach out to me, first let me say as flattering as that sounds and as much as I would love a longer extension from this organization, because seriously who doesn't want more job security, my heart is in Atlanta. My mission here is no way near complete. I will be the GM of Atlanta until Ms. Barracuda thinks otherwise because my mission is still the same, bring a title to Atlanta. This is why these next two games aren't for me, they aren't for the fans. It's for the men in that locker room to know what we have to work on and what we can build on for next season. Like all of Atlanta fans right now we hope our season is extended but we are ready to face what ever may come in the next two weeks. Our destiny was in our hands and now we put ourselves in a predicament that our destiny belongs to other teams so with that we can only go out and play the best way we can and see what comes of it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: May 20, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »

A hell of a time to have our worst game of the year.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 20, 2019, 11:12:20 PM »
That was bad coach. Think we might have gotten too high off how good we were playing and forgot that we still have some meaningful games left. Completely looked passed Charlotte and we paid the price for it. Hopefully this game was the bucket of ice water down our backs that we needed. Now we go to Miami and I would love to come strong. How do you see our match ups?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: May 20, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »

Right now their offense is looking weak.  They don't have the weapons to hurt us in the air.  Sullivan is a great quarterback, but the receivers are a joke.  Their run game has weapons, but if we can get up on the board they won't be able to run it enough to catch up. It's their weakness all year.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »
And we are a much better team offensively than we were when we first met and we still passed for over 230 and rushed for over 130 and that would have easily been over 200 yards rushing on a team that takes pride in their front seven if not for that bogus ref call. either way I think we have come together as a Defense and our offense got both attacks cover, we just have to get in Rhythm. in the last game it looked like we couldn't find rhythm. Stopping chow will help find that Rythm. How can we plan to make sure we keep Mazza up a bit longer?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: May 20, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »

Not much we can do outside of using the infinity stones to make our guys clones of Anthony Smith or Joseph Worthington.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 20, 2019, 11:49:08 PM »
Damn infinity stones. I think if we had more time I would go on that mission with you, (Smiles) I got it coach...our mission this off season is to try and land one of those if not other infinity stones like them. Alright coach, gonna do some odds and ends here. I'll let you get those men ready. I'm sure they are feeling it right now.

----

Ms Watson can you get me Daniel Collins

---

DC, we travel to Miami this week. not sure if you circled this date but I know I did. In that game you rushed for about 70 yards on paper but about 140 in reality. We don't have to relive that atrocity but I want you to know this game is get back time. Let's take the game out of the officials hands and handily gouge them on the ground.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: May 20, 2019, 11:54:08 PM »

Man, I want to hang 200 on them.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:22 AM »
I hear you man, let's go do this. We have some serious payback to deliver to Miami, last time we let McClure start and carry the load because it was his old team and you still pierced them. This time you are the starter on that field. let's get those 73 they robbed from you plus some.

----

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: May 25, 2019, 02:02:04 AM »
How's everyone doing tonight. I'll keep it short and sweet and take any questions. Tonight was huge, not only to keep our playoff chances alive but to make another statement within our division. To We put up 49 on one of the toughest Defenses in the league. On the flip side we gave up 42 but made the stop that counted the most. Being able to put up points like that against Teams like Alabama and Miami tell me games like we had against Tuscon and Charlotte were hiccups. Mere aberrations we can learn from. Obviously I would be lying if I said I am not looking at the standings and hoping the ball bounces our way. Not for me but the guys in the locker room who have been busting their asses all year and for the fans. Most importantly the fans. Obviously four weeks ago we never thought we would be in this position. Now if we go out there and play our best against Music City, rather we win or lose we will know that come next year we will be ready to start knocking some of these teams off their high horse. I want to say thank you to you all for sticking by us and not killing us in the papers even though their were weeks we might have deserved it. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to turn this around before calling for my head. I want to thank my coaches for the job they have done preparing these men to take it to the next level and thank you to the Warriors. They have been playing hard since day one. They have showed heart and drive and they have given me perspective. From this point one we will either be preparing for the playoffs or the off season. Both have me excited for different reasons I just hope our off season comes a little later, if not then it wasn't meant to be. Even if we win and don't make it, we would be able to reflect on those games we should have won. We can think back on how we can approach things differently and be better prepared. If we don't get in then we don't deserve to be there and I am OK with that because what a colleague of mine told me, "We are doing great getting these men ready, I can't be on a different timeline".  With that said, I am excited to get back to work for the last week of the season. We have a lot of preparing to do as we host Music City. What better way to either extend or end a season, in front of the best fans in the world.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: May 25, 2019, 09:09:03 AM »

It's all on the line.. We've got a good chance to take this one and hopefully get into the playoffs.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
What ever the result coach, I am happy for the future of this franchise. You and the rest of the coaching staff has done a great job taking these guys to the next level. Last time we played Music City coach we got, well our asses handed to us in one of those what did I just games. We aren't the same team but we weren't the same team when we played Charlotte. How do you see us matching up this time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 25, 2019, 10:37:20 AM »

Music City's biggest weapon was Meek and he's out.  Our defense should feast.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 25, 2019, 03:50:29 PM »
Coach, after this week, if we find ourselves looking in from the outside, know that I've  had a blast working together and I can't wait to see what we do next season. I wanted to just give you my vote of confidence and say I know at times it seemed that I was questioning your play calling and the playbook earlier on and I was wrong for doing so not realizing it was me who was getting in the way. I'm happy you've been our coach and will be now and for the duration of your contract and hopefully beyond. Thank you for your all you have done this season to get these guys to the next level.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 25, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »

Hey, after that talk you had with the entire team, I think you turned a corner.  I'm looking forward to making it either to the playoffs this year, or coming back and getting there next year.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: May 26, 2019, 12:38:58 AM »
We ride together coach. We succeed or fail together. With that said itís time to get these men ready. Letís get this

ó-

Lock in

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 27, 2019, 07:49:45 AM »
Well coach, what a season. Talk about roller coaster ride. I have never felt so much emotion in one season. The high and lows were so extreme. So I want to attack a few items with you in one shot before we bro hug and move to the off season.

First, Despite our record I give our team a C+ because we are the 1, in 15 and 1 for Alabama and we stepped up at big at times and fell flat at the most important times. Some of our players showed great progress and upside and though some of the high scores, I saw a lot of good in our defense not names Evans and Cavanugh. What would you rate this team this year and why?

second, we have some key free agents who I plan to bring back. Fellows is my number 1 priority, Now we have to make some decisions on DE Shraeder, LB James Brown, FS Haney and T Julio Redd. In what order would you put these guys in importance in bringing back.

third, we need to make a decision on Marvin Swanson and Rex Mundy. Which would you prefer to keep. I would hate to amnesty a first rounder but I wonder if he would have been a first rounder if I never drafted him. Obviously I have to try and fix the relationship with Mundy and convince him not to want to be traded but if I can, do you think it might be better to cut ties with the rookie early or just keep him on as a 10 million dollar back up.

And Finally, What are our 3 biggest needs in the off season other than a Kicker which I feel it's imperative I look hard and far for one.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 27, 2019, 01:27:10 PM »
COACH NODS, NOTING THAT THE MEDIA MICROPHONES ARE ON... HE WALKS OFF SLOWLY AND WAITS FOR YOU IN YOUR OFFICE, ALLOWING YOU TO SALVAGE YOUR PRESSER

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 27, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
Well, Hello everyone, Considering you just got some insight on my off season moves. None of what I said are secrets. We have some free agents we have to address and having a cap puts some strains on certain moves. None of that is a secret, so we move forward. I stand by it all and now ready to answer your questions

Discuss your final game of the regular season.
It was disappointing, I mean i know last Music City did a number on us but we shouldn't have lost to a back up QB for a team I don't feel should ahve beaten us but that's been how our season has went. Great wins, horrible losses

What was the most memorable win of the year for you?
First week of the season. We are the 1, in 15-1 for Alabama. It sparked this team to no end and really let the guys know that we could hang with the best teams int he league.

Which loss stands out or stings the most?
There were a few of those but being swept by lottery hopeful Charlotte was bad. I mean those stand out because I believe we had the talent where we could have won the first match up and should have won the second.

Do you think you could have done anything differently this season to better your standings?
yup, I truly believe the biggest mistake I made was thinking anyone could do the job of a kicker. I now realize my biggest mistake was letting go of K
Wendall Lawrence. It was a grave mistake on my part. That position will be a focus of ours int he off season. The lack of a kicking game I believe cost us 2 games, one being the most memorable game against the Bruins.

Who was your teams MVP this year?
Wow, we had a ton of guys step up. I mean DC had himself 14 TD's with a 4.2 yards per carry. Erick Pitts missed a hand full of games was still able to pull down over 1000 yard. Fellows joined us into the season and accumulated a total of 19 sacks along with his brother in arms Shrader who accumulated 15 sacks. Mazza had 18 TD with only 5 int's. Over 3500 yards. Though it's not the stats necessarily that blow you away but how he kept us in every close game. Smart decisions, ability to keep the play going and being one tough son of a gun. But I have to give it to Evans and Cavanaugh the lock down duo. They made it impossible for teams to throw on us which helped our front line do their job. So I have to pick the tandem that kept us in every game and gave us a chance.

How do you grade your coaches performances this season?
I would give them B. I think with all the meddling I did they did a real good job getting the guys ready considering who many times the roster changed. They kept the guys motivated playing hard all the way through. up to the last game of the season we were fighting for the playoffs, something that most wouldn't have expected from us so soon.

Grade your own performance, how did this season compare to others
I would have given myself a B- but considering this little snafu I'll give myself a C-. I think I was able to bring in some talented players like Fellows, George, Reed and Pitts during the season. I think I did a better job than last year letting the coaches do their job though I know I put my hands in it I think I was better than last. I hopefully secured the trust of the guys in the locker room. I had and still have a lot of work to do to build my name after the debacle with the previous owner. I still have someways to go but I am excited to move forward with this team and coaching staff.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 27, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »

Well, I think we played well enough to make the playoffs... it sucks we aren't in.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: May 27, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
Coach, first we have some key free agents who I plan to bring back. Fellows is my number 1 priority, Now we have to make some decisions on DE Shraeder, LB James Brown, FS Haney and T Julio Redd. In what order would you put these guys in importance in bringing back.

Second we need to make a decision on Marvin Swanson and Rex Mundy. Which would you prefer to keep. I would hate to amnesty a first rounder but I wonder if he would have been a first rounder if I never drafted him. Obviously I have to try and fix the relationship with Mundy and convince him not to want to be traded but if I can, do you think it might be better to cut ties with the rookie early or just keep him on as a 10 million dollar back up.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 27, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »

There is an ancient Japanese proverb I learned in New Orleans..

It goes "I coach, you GM."  Meaning I can't give you all these answers, I just coach the players you give me. 

I can tell you Shrader, Haney, Redd, Brown is probably my preference on those four guys, but I don't have any idea which DT you should keep on the roster.  Mundy is disgruntled, Swanson didn't have a strong rookie year, but I'm not paid to make those decisions. That's all your job boss.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: May 28, 2019, 05:43:02 PM »
I understand, I didn't want to make any rash moves without consulting you first. I'll make some decisions and then I have to speak to Barracuda.

---

Ms. Watson can you please get me James Fellows.

--

Mr. Fellows, first let me congratulate you on an amazing season. I could only imagine if you played the entire season with us what type o numbers you would have had. I know your free agency is around the corner and I would like to take the first step in showing you that I and the rest of the Warriors organization want you to be part of our future. We want you to know how important we feel you are to our success and how important you are to stabilizing and anchoring the front seven of our defense. I would like to offer you an invitation to join me at the lottery tonight and start the first steps in making you a part of our future.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: May 28, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »

Sure man, I'll go.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 28, 2019, 08:14:47 PM »
Great, I think this is good. I'll let the league going know who will be accompanying me. Thank you Fellows, I do believe this is the first steps in a working relationship for the future. I'll let you go and get ready.

-----

Ms. Watson can please the league know that Mr. Fellows will be attending the lottery with me, can you also let Ms. Barracuda know I am ready for our talk.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: May 28, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »

GM Lucas, lets review your goals this season.

You improved our record.  You did not avoid league fines. I'd say your reputation improved slightly,  As for not trading future draft picks you traded future picks to Las Vegas so that is a failure.  I assume you found leaders for the team as future captains, but I'll leave that for you to explain to me.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: May 28, 2019, 11:29:22 PM »
Ok, As far as leaders go Mazza is one hell of a field captain and his tough play speaks for itself. Seeing walk back on that field after the hits he was taking was inspiring if nothing else. That is what a team wants to see, their general leading taping it up and leading.

James Cavanaugh is one heck of a player and he might not be as vocal but he leads by example on the field and never makes excuses.

On the other end we have Eric Evans, the vocal leader in the backfield whose lock down play rallies the defense. Two guys owning both sides of the defensive backfield who are respected by both their teammates and opposing WR's. 

I also appointed Erick Pitts captain mid-year who as you know has both the fire and energy to spark a team, on top of that he is as vocal as they come and was very instrumental in landing his brother to give us one of the best 1,2 punches in the game. With two Offensive and defensive captains we have room for two more who I will either name when the time comes or maybe I look for veteran leaders ship during our free agency period. As of right now My #1 focus is getting Fellows signed long term and seeing if he can carry the mantle of captain for our front seven.

I hated getting a league penalty but it was part of landing Fellows. My mistake in that transaction was sending it over to GM Gooch in long Beach so he could finalize. I should have had him send the paperwork to me so i could look over.

I know no teams like to lose future picks especially when #1's are involved but I figured for what we needed we wouldn't be able to get a talent like Pitts in the draft two years away. Plus I feel we have something special here with both Pitts brothers in Atlanta. I also felt it was important to the growth and maturity of our rookie WR Zambrano to have consummate professionals by his side working with him considering some of his past issues he had in college. 

As far as my reputation goes, I am very happy that not only the team has gotten behind me but the that the fans see what I am trying to do and what we almost did this year. My work isn't done, I hope to be here for a long time and I hope everyone wants me here just as long.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: May 28, 2019, 11:50:28 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing our team take the next step and push into the playoffs next season.  Have a good off-season and we'll speak one last time after the Impact Bowl when I give you your off-season tasks.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: May 29, 2019, 12:04:38 AM »
Great, always good hearing from you Ms. Barracuda.

---

Ms Watson can you get me Coach Bowman, Fletcher and Kidwell.

---

Gentlemen I just have a fews= questions for each of you before we go into the of season

First, Coach Bowman, How did our O-line perform and how would you assess Rookie WR Zambrano

Second, Coach Fletcher, We had a lot of LB with all different skill sets. besides Van Buren who was obvious, which LB's really stepped it up and if we can bring Fellows and Haney back which do you see as captain.

Finally coach Kidwell, I know Mundy is probably still upset at me, do you think we have a shot to fix that relationship, and who made the most progress in the minors this season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: May 29, 2019, 12:45:25 AM »
COACH BOWMAN POINTS OUT YOUR MIDDLE OF THE PACK RUN AND PASS NUMBERS, SUGGESTING the O-LINE WAS AVERAGE.

COACH FLETCHER LOOKS AT THE SAME STATS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO AND DETERMINES THAT BROWN WAS VERY GOOD.  HE ALSO THINKS FELLOWS WOULD BE A CAPTAIN FOR SURE.

COACH KIDWELL DOENST HAVE AN ANSWER FOR YOU ABOUT MUNDY, AND DOESN'T SPEAK WELL OF ANYONE IN THE MINORS OUTSIDE OF MUNDY, WHO DIDNT PLAY OUT OF PROTEST.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: May 29, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
Thank you gentlemen, (Lucas shakes everyone's hand) Go, rest up. Enjoy time with the family. Soon enough the impact bowl will be over and the final process to shape our team will begin. Enjoy your time off and thank you for all your hard work, see you all in preseason.

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 09, 2019, 12:47:27 AM »

Welcome back GM Lucas.  We're not well to do when it comes to available money this offseason. We're looking at $1MM total.  Spend it wisely.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »
Ms. Barracuda, as you know our lack of funds came at the hands of an error made earlier in the season, but an error that landed us James Fellows who I hope to resign. I also used some of those funds to acquire John Pitts which gave us an absolute explosive WR core for our young Qb Tommy Mazza. So let me cut to the chase. I am committed and loyal to this team. I have no aspiration to bail if all doesn't go well. I'm married to the Warriors, for better or for worst or until death does us .....OK Not death, but you get my point. See, To avoid trading any of our young players or remaining draft capital I would like to ask for an advance in funds in order to pay for both combines. The HIFl and the ComBBBine. I would be happy to give it all back with interest once the new budget is in before the draft. I feel we are very close and being able to look for players that can contribute now and to our future is pivotal to the Warriors franchise moving forward. As of right now I am getting offers to trade some of our draft capital and or young talent for funds needed and I really do not want to remove players from our equation.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 10, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »

How about this.  I'll make you a 2 year contract offer at $3MM per season. You'll get 3MM right now, 3MM next off-season.  Basically structuring your contract differently than most others in the league, it will pay out in the off-season and not during the regular season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 10, 2019, 11:43:11 AM »
That sounds great, I definitely accept. Thank you for making this work.