Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 153884 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #2350 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:23 PM »
(clears throat then looks out into the crowd of speechless and stunned reporters. Lucas shakes his head)

I stand here before you all, filled with an abundance of emotions and feelings. First I won't talk about the actual game. it ended in a tie. There was a lot of hitting, a lot of scoring and what was turning into probably one of the best games HIFL had seen quickly became a tragedy. But one that could have been avoided and I won't get into until I speak with Mr. Wilkinson. I will say this about my player and friend Mr. Peter Haney. Mr. Haney is a throw back player. A player form your grandfathers time. A hard nose, who knows how to play this game the right way. He is a no nonsense guy who plays from whistle to whistle and who has a clean record and no prior history of this type of behavior.. I can also say he is not a dirty player. and he is not anyone I could ever see purposely punching an innocent ref in the face. I plead that the before making any personnel judgement that we take a step back and allow our reaction to be based on facts and not of emotion which can create an over reaction. I do not condone any type of violent or malicious behavior from any player that is why I stand here speaking on behalf of Mr. Haney because I do not believe this was that. In the heat of the moment, in a fight or brawl you do what you can to defend yourself and for Mr. Haney a ref was the recipient of an ugly moment that got the best of all of us. I won't go any further while the league is still investigating.

Now let me say this to my players, I will always have your back through thick and through thin. The good times and the bad times rather that means being there for you in your proudest moment or at your lowest point. These fines and suspensions were all earned this past game from both sides and all parties involved. To the fans, I know right now there is a feeling of hopelessness as to where our season might be headed but I ask that all the fans stick with us, come out to the games and support your team. You must know we have a very young, hungry and talented group of players that will go out there and still perform their very best. Our season is not over, it's far from over and a lot of our players who have been suspended will be back in time to help us keep moving forward. This will pass. Now With that said, I must be honest, I am embarrassed. Embarrassed because of what has transpired out there on that football field. What we witnessed out there was a game that became more than any of us expected. Everyone knows that there is no love between these two teams, including players, coaches and Gm's. But all that is to be determined by the men who strap on those helmets and meet on the field. It's to be determined in a game of football, the greatest game on earth. Both teams were allowed to go on that field and play hard nose, gritty in your face football. The ref's did what we always ask for, they let these men play and unfortunately it went to far. As fans and everyone watching all we ask for is that the game does not get decided by the ref's and that we let these guys play. Well, I hope everyone see's what can happen if the right penalties aren't being called, if warnings aren't issued and if we do not have some type of law or authority on the field. That authority wears black and white. I hope the next time we find ourselves screaming for the refs to stop throwing flags we remember this game. It got out of control because of lack of control on all parties, players, coaches, Gm's and refs. It took a nasty and ugly turn for the worst. Sports are built on rivalries but rivalries should always be determined by the scoreboard when the game ends or a bell sounds never in a cloud of dust with men pummeling each other and referees having to be picked off the ground. With that said, I hope any and all ref's who were injured make a speedy recovery. This game shouldn't have gotten this far and it saddens me to think the men and women hired to officiate the game have to worry about being injured

(Looks down, swallows and then slowly looks back up)

Let me say that I feel like I let a lot of folks down. I am not perfect in anyway and nor do I try and sell you that I am. I'm only human and like everyone else on that side watching, in the stands and watching on TV I to get caught up in the excitement, the brash vulgarity of the game and what transpires throughout the league and on the field. See, I get caught up because I love each and everyone of those players in that locker room. I love my coaches and I am grateful to be employed by this great organization so I must apologize to everyone involved. I ran on that field simply to make sure I was down there to try and pull some guys off of each other. Those are my guys and if one goes in we all go in and that is where I have to do a better job as leader of this team. With that said I want to apologize to Ms. Barracuda for the embarrassment we all have brought on this organization. I hope Ms Barracuda knows that this in no way is who we are or what we are. We are not a dirty team, we are not thugs. We are a very prideful team whose only mission is to win and make every Atlanta fan proud to call themselves a Warrior. I also want Ms Barracuda to know that I know this is not how a Gm, Coaches or players should ever condone themselves and that we have embarrassed this organization. I want to apologize to my coaches, the fans, the players and most importantly to Commissioner Wilkinson and the entire HIFL nation. I know with all that has transpired over the last few months between the players and the Gm's and with the that other league looking to capitalize off all and any bad press, this was possibly the worst thing that could have happened for our Shield. I want everyone watching, everyone who is a fan, all media personnel and all young men and women who look to potentially play in the high Impact Football league, I want them to know that this should not deter you away from the greatest league in the world. One bad moment does not tarnish a great history.

(Takes a deep breath)

I am making a promise,  Ms. barracuda, Mr. Wilkinson, All players, coaches and personal of this league I will be better. I believe we will all come out better for this. No matter how dark the storm is, the sun always comes out after. Thank you.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 04, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »
THE MEDIA REMAINS SILENT

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 05, 2019, 02:12:50 AM »
(Lucas looks on. He stats to shake his head and smirks. He wipes his mouth and looks down. He loosens his tie and looks back up)

I can't do this anymore. I can't be this cookie cutter status quo machine everyone needs me to be in order to coddle fragile egoís.

(Lucas is looking around before he begins again)

I can no longer stand out here week after week and perform a balancing act on a reputation minefield. Iím tired of trying to find the right words, the right delivery, the right measures of professional criticism, skeptical evaluation and positive reinforcement as if though Iím speaking to the parents of grade school children. You guys are smart so please do not misquote what Iím about to say. I know you all have a job to do but so do I. Every week from the time I was hired until this very moment I havenít felt like myself. I donít feel good about myself after I speak to you all because I feel as if though I can never truly be completely honest. See, when you are trying to find the right things to say on a week in and week out basis you teeter the line of honesty and bullshit. You know who recognizes the  bullshit?, the fans.  You guys, and most importantly the guys in that locker room. When they hear me being positive in a bad situation they know Iím bullshitting and just trying to put on a face. Understand something, because they might understand why I have to walk on egg shells and pussyfoot around questions I know they donít respect it. Right now respect from that locker room is all I have. Itís actually really all I want and I know it must be earned. I tell you, coming out here every week trying to put a spin on bullshit will not earn me anything but a reputation as a bullshitter in that locker room and once the guys back there think you are full of shit, then you have already lost. You might as well quit.

(Looks down and wipes his forehead. He looks back up at the silent media crowd and speaks very calmly)

You know,When i think of GM's I respect in this league, one name that sticks out is GM Kirk. For being a fool that he was and still is when he left the HIFL and then tried to purge the league and now trying to work his way back, I always respected him for speaking his mind and saying what he had to say. From constantly going at odds with the league he did it his way and stood his ground. Look at him now, you think he gives a damn what others are saying about him?. What I am saying about him?. For everything he will be portrayed as, remember to portray him as someone honest who just doesn't give a damn. I respect that and must now choose my direction going forward. See, I know there arenít many who give two shits about me and Iím ok with that. I know there will be GMís who are so insecure with their own job security and professional performance that they will use this bad moment we just witnessed to get on their own ego-maniacal high horse to take a stance about whatever it is they think they know. Thatís fine, every battle has a bad guy and a good guy and considering the Atlanta Warriors were aggressive we will be painted as the villain. We had one bad moment and it will be spoken as if though the good men on this team are career criminals. See, if I learned anything, people will chose and create their own self-serving narrative. There will be a lot of little men with big mouths vying for that good olí boy pat on the back and thatís ok because that is who they are. I can't control what people think or say about me, about us.

I need to be %100 and I need the guys in the back to know that everything I say I mean and everything I mean I say. My doors are open to anyone who would like an explanation as to why I said it. Now, there are parts of what I said earlier about the brawl that are true, like, I am disappointed at myself but not for the reasons I said.  I am disappointed in myself because here I am trying to dance with words to avoid backlash. 

So you want my honest opinion, here it is, I think it sucks that guys are suspended and fined.  I think it sucks that we will potentially lose a talented player like Peter Haney for one bad moment that was clearly an accident for nearly an entire season but only because decisions were made quickly based on emotions. I think it sucks that the refs let it get this far but now everyone involved are being painted in a certain light. I am sorry that Ms Barracuda had to come out here and speak on our behalf. I know it must ahve been embarrassing and I hope she never has to stand up here to explain something like this again.

(Looks at the media and takes a deep breath)

I want, NO!, I NEED! the guys in that locker room to know that the Atlanta Warriors are a family. A brotherhood. When I ran on that field it wasnít for the optics. It was real. I went down there ready to defend my coaches and players if I had too. I know it wasnít right but at that moment when one of your brothers is being attacked you kind of throw away logic and reason and do what you can to make sure you have their back. I wouldnít take back my actions because I felt like that is what i felt at the time. I needed to be there with my team. To be honest, I never want anything like this to happen again but if it ever did, I would be right there standing by them again.

I need my team to know that I do not want them to stop playing with that fire. I want them playing with a chip on their shoulder. I want them playing aggressive, hardnose trash talking football. You know why?, because itís football. I want every team to know that we will play hard from start to finish.

Now, I ask you all,members of the media, before you start printing words like head hunting or targeting, what did you want our guys to do? play soft, pull up before a big hit. take it easy on them? Let Ortega run up and down the field like he does to every other team in this league. No, I'm not sorry for how my team played, we are not intimidated by them. No one takes it easy on us. When I first got here, Alabama humiliated us, I mean badly, they had back-ups coming in and setting records, they were laughing, running up the score, dancing up and down the sideline. Well guess what, This is that same group of men. Most were rookies being put on blast but being taught an early lesson. That lesson was "If you let them do what they want, they will do what they want". We will no longer let them do what they want.Those men who sat there and got humiliated, they donít forget. We let Alabama know what we thought about them from the very first game last season. Even then, Haney made a good clean play on Ortega who tried to leap over the crowd that sent Ortega to the tent and he never came back out. I mean, Itís football. When you play the way Ortega plays, you are going to get hit. We played them hard both times last year and we will continue until the refís draw a line and when they do we will build our fort on that line. I built this team to compete. I built them to play hard nose football. There are some players I specifically brought on this team who have a certain moxy to them. A no non sense, brash in your face, trash talking, bust you in the mouth style of play, you know why?. Because, itís. Football.

(Lucas wipes his mouth and chin)

We played the game we were allowed to play, We had a bad moment, but we will be OK. HIFL was here before that other league and they will be here after. So anyone who thinks this incident will some how benefit that other league doesn't know anything about sports. It was a great game with a bad ending, I don't condone any of what happened and honestly do not want to see it again, but, I promise you the fans have something to talk about and I'm sure the fans from both sides loved what they saw at some point or another. The sports stations have something to beat to death for the next few weeks. You guys have material for a season and let's not forget that big week 17 match up in Atlanta when Alabama comes to play us. I'm sure Impact Bowl type hype will be on display. Yeah, we'll be OK.

Now, the things I am truly sorry for and regret, I do feel bad for the ref who was ACCIDENTALLY!, hit in this melee. I also feel bad for all the players who will be fined, suspended and lose game checks. I feel bad for the Fans of our great city who will be denied seeing a complete team on the field, but again, we have a young, talented and hungry team who has to step up now while their brothers are away. With this said, Iíll stop talking because Iím sure between this game and my rant, we gave everyone enough material to cover the weekís headlines for a year. So if there aren't any questions I have to go make arrangements for my team to be without me and coach Munoz for hopefully what won't be to long

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 05, 2019, 11:04:13 AM »
THE MEDIA GO OFF USING ALL THE QUOTES AND SOUND FOR THEIR REPORTS AND STORIES.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 05, 2019, 07:13:50 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me coach Bowman

---

Coach, For this next game. I will be handing you the reigns for the head coaching position and offensive play caller to you. Let's just get it rolling. Nothing changes. Who would you prefer in the slot for the next 4 games, Talbot or Spurgeon?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: October 05, 2019, 07:24:56 PM »

I'd go with Spurgeon baby. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 05, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »
Good to know, coach, these next few weeks will be tough but I believe you and coach Fletcher will have these boys ready to go. How's the mood in the locker room? Are guys pissed, are they worried. Are the disappointed. Are they seething and foaming at the mouth to get back out there. What's the mood like.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 05, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »

The league is coming down on the team hard, so its a combination of frustration, concern, and wanting to put it all behind us until we play Alabama again.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 06, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
About that, I think I'm going to have to call the commish. I feel the punishment was levied excessively towards Haney. I'll let you stat getting these guys ready. We will need all hands on deck this week.

--

Ms. Watson can you get me the league office on the line please I need to speak to the commissioner.

----

Mr. Wilkinson, Not sure if good evening is the proper way to start this for that I know right now you are in between anger and disappointment at what transpired between my Warriors and the Nighthawks. I would like your ear on the matter pertaining to Coach Munoz, Fellows, Elliot, Zambrano, Linkous, Brown all the players on the Nighthawks and particularly one Peter Haney. Let me start by saying I understand the fines and penalties that were handed out. I understand that there needs to be penalties to set standards that will deter teams from participating in any such future fracas. I come to you as a humbled GM and a man who wishes he could redo this past week. I come to you and ask can you reconsider the penalties levied for our players and if I must, because of the situation, all players involved on both teams. Why would I speak in behalf of the Nighthawks when my feelings are clear about them, their staff and administration. Well, because we had a bad moment that was allowed to get out of hand by those very same men who are supposed to keep order within the game. I am not here to speak dollar signs or how many games this guy should get for his participation or how many games that guy should get. I am not here to point fingers and say who deserves more or less I am here to ask for a universal reduction in penalties and or suspensions.

Mr. Wilkinson, There were a lot of pieces involved. There were also a lot of moments where the men put in charge to control the game could have controlled this game a bit better to avoid building aggression throughout the game. Now, I can't put blame solely on the refs we are grown men and make our own decisions. I know the mounting pressures to allow these men to play football isn't easy. The constant second guessing that the officials receive on a week by week basis not to add the blatant disregard and scrutiny which the men in stripes face is not something I can imagine dealing with myself. I know the pressure can create a certain level of inconsistency about how far is far. I understand. Remember before I joined the league I wrote about the high pressure situations everyone involved in this great league faces. But I must also add that we all have a job to do no matter how hard or tough it gets we must do it to the best of our ability. I won't pretend to understand the pressure you received from the HIFL's board of trustees and owners to do damage control and react accordingly to the situation. That, that is why I am here. I ask that all men involved from players to coaches be given the benefit of the doubt and that you reconsider some of the penalties and suspensions. We all are feeling this. Players are losing games, losing their paychecks. Not only are the teams and players involved being punished, but the owners and fans are being punished as well. I ask that you reconsider some of the penalties and or games suspensions for all players and coaches on the Warriors and Nighthawks rather it be games or money.

Now, about Mr. Peter Haney, please don't hang up. What he did under any other circumstance would be career suicide. It would warrant any player to be abolished from the league. And I know some might say the 14 games is still light. But this was not an act of vengeful violence by a career thug. This was a moment of disarray and frantic behavior in the middle of one of the ugliest moments we have had to face. It was something egregious that happened. I would like, if you could take a step back and remember the way football used to be before the flags became a prominent part of the game. Remember a time when you played. You played hard nose, gritty, in your face, tape it up and keep playing type of football. You went out there to make sure you sent a message, hurting and maiming wasn't part of the program but goddammit that other team better be ready and have their head on a swivel if they wanted to leave the game one their own merit. Well Mr. Wilkinson, Peter Haney was born in the wrong time line. He is a throw back. He is 6 feet and a buck eighty two and plays like a 500 pound wrecking ball. He is the player we all want our sons to be. He makes guys coming his way think twice. I'm sure you raised your boys with that same ferocity because we can see it in the way they play. That same heart of a lion play style. We saw it on the field with your son this past week when we played Alabama. He was right there digging in right with us. He had 10 tackles, 5 for a loss and a sack. Your boy was a wrecking ball. Our guys got up and kept playing because this is football. Everyone got up because this is football. Now I know what you are thinking "Peter didn't get suspended for playing hard, he got it for hitting a ref" I'm sure there was also pressure because some think he ignited the entire thing. Some are even echoing the rumors of targeting. I tell you now there was no targeting. Haney just doesn't like Alabama and he just doesn't like Ortega. Good ol' fashion rivalry between players, between men. They went at each all game. So I am asking that you take a step back from the emotion in which the suspensions were handed out and please reconsider cutting Mr. Haney's suspension in half. He's a young man with a bright future who had a bad moment. A moment in which he found himself surrounded. We saw the tape, he was frantically throwing hay-makers and dodging hay-makers. It was madness on that field and then came the ref who tried to break it up and boom.  Mr. Wilkinson, I am not asking for no suspension or no penalties but just that you really review what happened and understand that in the heat of battle which I know you do, that bad things happen. I believe 7 game suspension sends the same message as a 14 game suspension. I ask we don't ruin this young mans career or any of these players careers. You gave Mr. Zambrano and Fellows 4 games each. Mr Zambrano has come a long way and has been a perfect citizen since his issues in college and Mr Fellows has been the epitome of class in this league. A lot of these men on both sides who have clean records, who have been perfect citizens of the league, contributed to their communities are being dealt a career blow. We all make mistakes and for running on that field I am paying for mine by a suspension from my owner. I can eat that. I can survive it. Some of these young men may not. Thank you for your time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:52 AM »

GM Lucas, you are right that I am angry and disappointed. Disappointed that you would dare suggest I reduce the penalties levied in the name of the fans.

This was an ugly example of what our sport should NOT be, and while the league and rules I played by were more reckless and dangerous, it doesn't mean I condone players in our league throwing themselves helmet first into tackles, going after opponents knees, or head hunting.   

I was pressured by the owners to ban Mr. Haney for life after his actions, not just the assault on the referee, but for his multiple incidents of late or dangerous hits aimed at anyone carrying the football, but most of all for Jamie Ortega whom he has a history with.

Now I have heard your appeal, and I will take it into advisement with the documents submitted by the players union on behalf of the players being suspended, and because you have fought so adamantly for Peter Haney, I will invite him to speak with me one on one to get to the bottom of his actions and intent.  This appeal will be heard prior to your locking in this week, so before you are finished for this week please contact my office once again to find the rulings on each of your players' appeals.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 07, 2019, 11:45:45 AM »
Thank you. All that I asked was that these men be given the opportunity for the considerations of a second chance and that an appeal be heard which you have done. Thank you. We will speak shortly.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 07, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »

GM Lucas, Janet here with the HIFLPA... We are representing Peter Haney in his appeal.  I need you to tell me everything.

Not so fast GM Lucas, I am here to tell you that you should be talking to me and not the HIFLPA, clearly this woman has only Mr. Haney's interest in mind.  So ask her to leave, and lets talk.

...hm, I think I've found the right office.  Gentlemen, lady... I'm Ray, Ray Bullock.  I'm the case investigator for the league office, so I'm just going to pull up a chair and listen to what you all have to say, and be on my way.. that would make my life a lot easier, so please go ahead.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 07, 2019, 11:35:31 PM »
Ok before we get started, I heard you name was Janet and you are Ray Bullock, But I didn't get your name sir.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 07, 2019, 11:40:04 PM »

Charles Paige, but you can call me Charlie. 

I'm here to offer my services as an adviser in this matter, as it appears both the league and the players association have their own council prepared in the even that things get ugly, which knowing this league, I'm expecting it to go that route as well.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 08, 2019, 12:01:50 AM »
Ok, Ms Janet, Mr Bullock, if you could give us a moment please. I think for the professional sake of everyone involved that it is important that I have a word with Mr. Paige. Thank you, won't be long

----

Ok Mr. Paige, rooms clear. How can you assist me. Let me start by saying i had this entire thing planned in case it went south. I can also guarantee you that the words take out, hurt or target Ortega were never came out of my mouth.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 08, 2019, 12:05:28 AM »
HAVING NOT LEFT, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT CONTROL THE NPC's... MR BULLOCK COCKS HIS HEAD AND GRINS

...hmm, interesting. Could you elaborate on what you mean by you had this entire thing planned? ...sounds fishy to me.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 08, 2019, 12:11:01 AM »
(Lucas turns around and notices no one has left)

I have things ready to prove that I never said the things I am being accused of. That is all I meant. I was ready with items that I could use as proof just in case this got out of hand as they seem to be doing. I did my homework. I have my facts. I have nothing to hide. So if I can please have a word with Mr. Paige. it will only be a few minutes.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 08, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »

Let's talk fincances, once we secure an agreement, we can officially have attorney/client privilege.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 08, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »
Well, at the moment, team wise. i am strapped for cash. I actually owe the league some money. So what exactly do you have in mind. How can we work this out.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 08, 2019, 12:29:15 AM »

Well, I'm not doing anything for free, so if you want to bring me on board it's going to cost.  For just me its $500K, for my entire team its $1.75MM.    If you don't want to pay, the league's attorney, Tedd is out in the hall and Im sure he'll be happy to help you.  Just let me know what you want to do.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: October 08, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »
Well, given when I speak these things never seem to work in my favor, I feel I will need you and the entire team. Please allow me a few minutes to check our roster and make some calls. Your entire service will be needed

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 08, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »

No problem, take you're time.. I'll just go ask your secretary for a cup of coffee, she seems pleasant enough.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 08, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »
Question before you go. and this is pretty important. What exactly can your team do for me? if I'm going to make a move that alters things I just want piece of mind that I know what I'm getting into. you know, with Haney putting words in my mouth I need to come out of this if not smelling like roses at least like a half decent cologne.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 08, 2019, 07:38:44 PM »

I'm not a psychic GM Lucas. I only know what the rest of the world knows right now, I have a plan for how to attack this head on, but until we get down to business I don't want to make any promises, but if you'd prefer to go into this alone, by all means.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 08, 2019, 08:21:14 PM »
Absolutely not. I'm with the program. Just was wondering if there was any PR clean up and damage control added. I'm not doing this alone. My patience won't allow cooler heads to prevail so I need an angel on my shoulder. I'll make these calls, I think a fresh pot of coffee was just put on. Ms. Watson is a blast, should ask her out, I think she needs to go out on a date if you know what I mean. Let me make these calls and I'll call you back in shortly.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 08, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »

No problem, I'll be in the lobby with those other sharks...  I'll be able to put part of my team on the PR end of things, but you'll likely need to make a public statement in reference to Mr. Haney's accusations. We'll talk about it once we get to work.  No more freebies.  I'll be outside.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 08, 2019, 10:40:29 PM »
Great

óó

Ma Watson can you get me Ralph McClure

ó-

Ralph, how are we this evening. I know your tenure here has not been ideal. My plan for you and DC was to be a thunder and lightning. A tandem that would run D-Lines to the ground. Even when we ran a committee we couldnít split 50/50 because we either were behind where we had to throw more or ahead a lot where we ran DC. Considering we werenít up much we just couldnít get you the ball. Iím sorry we couldnít benefit from your talent. You are still in your prime and have a lot left to offer especially with a young season. I am disappointed that I have to make a difficult decision in light of the current situation I am in. We will release you. I hope you land somewhere where your career can take off. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 08, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »

Damn blood, came out of left field but hey, saves me the trouble of asking for a release later.   Its been real.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:19:02 PM by Talon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 08, 2019, 11:51:37 PM »
This was not easy and does not sit right with me. You are a great guy, great teammate and hard worker. If you need any references you will get a glowing one from me. I hope it works out.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: October 09, 2019, 12:17:23 AM »
Mr. Paige please come back in.

--

Your services have been obtained. Let's get to work. Where do we start?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 09, 2019, 12:24:27 AM »

Tell me everything. I need to know what is going on so I don't get blindsided by some shocking skeleton down the road.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
OK, this whole thing started two seasons ago. All these guys were rookies. I'm talking about Van Buren, Haney, Evans, Cavanaugh, Ezell, Redd, Kirkland, Collins, Mazza, They all came in together. These men are extremely close and are more of a brotherhood than anything. That first game of their HIFL Careers they were humiliated. Both teams were playing hard and they hitting everyone. On top of it, they decided while up 36-3 int he fourth quarter that they were still going to be pushing the ball down field, throwing everywhere, trick plays. Rushing. The humiliated us. Even a late garbage TD By Collins couldn't ease the blow. They were rookies and Coach Rudino and that squad introduced the warriors to the leagues in the worst of ways. We felt it. Coaches were embarrassed, players were embarrassed, I felt horrible. Rookies could go either way but instead of folding we fought. That year we met them again, same thing. Just humiliation. We struggled to win four games they went on to win the Impact Bowl and the bad taste stood in these guys mouths.

With me, ok

Fast forward to the next season, first game, in Alabama, banner being raised and here comes the Atlanta Warriors. Not the same ol' Rookies but guys who were salty and ready to show the league that they didn't fold, that didn't have arrived. That game was big and they were coming in, feeling them selves laughing just feeling all types of good. that home crowd of theirs was brutal but we didn't fold. Early in the game it was a war. They scored , we scored, they scored twice we scored three times. But, Jamie was just running everywhere. I mean the guy was at about 145 yards rushing around half time with a TD. He ran, tried to jump into the endzone and was met straight on, clean shot by Peter Haney. The ref's and Alabama staff quickly sent him into the tent and he never came back until we saw him I the fourth up and down the sideline upset and being very animated. We went to win that game and even then there were those saying we might have been playing dirty but in that game, both teams only endured 3 penalties. Afterwards Ortega was adamant in the news saying he wasn't hurt, no one hit him in the head. You can actually find that if you stream ESPN from December 27, 2018, at about 01:26 am. He admitted and said no one hit him in the head. Doctors said they held him because they feared he was kneed in his head during a tackle. We didn't have the whole story. I didn't know if this was just damage control, if Alabama was just trying to protect their franchise Qb after coming off of a Impact Bowl. It just all sounded like wishy washy so i decided to play into it as Alabama was hiding their Qb and Oretga was hit hard for the first time and ran and hid,  and decided to use the tent as a cover. I played it up. I wanted to give the Atlanta fans something to talk about. Some trash talking material after we had been humiliated the season before. There was nothing dirty about this growing rivalry. I just wanted to humiliate them the way they had done to us. Thought it would be good material to really get some heat for when we met again. Going into the season the fans were down on us and I wanted to get them up. I wanted to get them excited so I trash talked the whole thing.

Following so far, good

That same year, week 14, again another war. Ortega again this time ran for 182 yards and a TD, he was everywhere but we played them hard. I mean talk about back and fourth. Go check that game, week 14. it was a battle but even then both teams only endured 2 penalties each. this was becoming just a good ol' fashion, football game. Two teams that was having some growing animosity. On one side a championship team full of veterans and on the other side a bunch of young hungry second year guys wanting to make a name for themselves. They won 37-35 but we had sent a message that we would no longer be humiliated. They went on to another impact bowl and we won 6 games.

With me?, ok

Now the off season. I knew I wanted this team back. I wanted to keep my defense together because I knew this was the defense to stop Alabama. There was already a brotherhood and I wasn't about to mess that up. Upon EFRA I told Made Haney an offer he he decided to test free agency. I didn't have the funds to give him what he wanted initially during the EFRA, and once free agency started, nothing changed. I knew I wanted him back but I had to make this enticing. I told him come Back, we need you to wreck havok. We need you so we could get over Alabama. We constructed his contract with some options and he just wanted back to get his shot at Ortega once again. He was very vocal. Again, you can stream that entire free agency signing period on ESPN,  stream back to ESPN High Impact Football League Breaking news on July 8, 2019 at 10:58pm. Clearly it says Timothy Brown and Peter Haney were re-signed and quoted Haney as saying "Ortega is a marked man" Haney was already taking this to another level but being the competitor he was he just couldn't wait to face Alabama again. We all felt the same, We were feeling good. Making moves. We were going into our third year ready to take the division. But remember Haney was already Quoted in saying Ortega was a marked man. In his defense I can recall when Dale Bright signed with the opposition and stated on ESPN that he wanted his shot at Ortega twice a year. You can also stream that, ESPN news from July 01, 2019, 04:18 PM. It was about Dale Bright Choosing defensive prestige over championship pedigree, signs with Kings for a chance to get at Ortega twice a year. Haney wasn't the first. Are we going to say Bright was targeting. Anyway, Haney wasn't the first. Ortega drives defenses crazy.

Now to the present.

Going into this game I called Haney into the office to see where his head was. To see if he was ready because the game prior it seemed like this team was not nearly as aggressive. It felt as if though they were looking past ST. Louis and we went into that game flat. We also let them throw all over the field so i wanted to know if Haney's head was in the game. We spoke and I reminded him as to what he said upon signing. I reminded him it was time to get up and that he should make Ortega pay another visit to the tent. Now, we have never injured any player. We have never hit Ortega dirty. I had no reason to target Ortega for that I was playing off of everything we did last year when we said the team hid Ortega and he was scared and ran in the tent. My tone was that let's go make him hie, let make Alabama protect their precious Qb and hide him in the tent. At no time did I ever tell my team to target Ortega. I never told anyone to hit I'm, take him out, end his career. Never, Those words never came from me. I reminded my coach about Alabama hiding their QB and that we needed to remind them who we were and if Mr. Haney interpreted What I told him as a me organizing some Hit on Ortega then he took it to far. He misunderstood me. My tone wasn't let's go kill, my tone was let chase him into the tent. Ortega did what he did because he already had to be in the state of mind going into this game the way he did. Maybe my mistake was adding more fuel but I definitely didn't orchestrate a hit. Let's remember something Mr Paige. Mr. Haney is not a big man, he's 6 ft, 182 pounds and plays like a 6'5 linebacker. I'm not sure if it's napoleon complex or that Chiuahaha thing, that the smaller they are the bigger their bark but he carries himself like a giant. I won't kill it because that is why I love him. He's a beast. It's sad he took this route and threw me under the bus to save his ass when I was already trying to defend him. Anyway, he's not a big man, we have WR's bigger than him. Ortega is 6'5 257 pounds. Ortega is a linebacker with running back speed and he doesn't slide. He runs at defenses, he jukes, he stiff arms. He plays like he can't be taken down until he gets hit and then gets up looking for a flag. When you play like he does you leave your self open to get hit like any other RB. He has more than 75 pounds on Haney. hell, he's bigger than most DB's. The only reason this got out of hand was because we don't allow Alabama to do what ever they want to us like some of the other teams in this league. We don't bow down to presumed royalty and we defiantly don't run and hide. These guys are tight. I built this team to be hard nose, in your face, hard hitting team and when we go out there I expect a great game. We do not get flagged for dirty hits because our coaches make sure that our guys show restraint and have discipline. Even in this game, as hard as we were hitting, the only time we were told it was getting out of hand was when in the third quarter James Brown was ejected for what the ref's said was targeting. I never spoke to James Brown. Hell the only guy I spoke to was Haney. This game was hard hitting and in the third quarter is when the ref's decided to send us a message. Not a warning, not a penalty with a warning but a straight ejection. The ref's let these men play. For all the slack the ref's get for throwing the flag, this time they held it in their pocket. But what happened next?, nothing. We kept playing hard, they kept screaming for flags and eventually they got frustrated and started playing to our level. They started playing hard. I don't know if we woke them up or they realized we weren't letting up and they weren't getting the flags they thought they deserved so they started playing hard. Our guys were getting knocked around. Ortega kept running, even after the hit by Brown he kept going. He's not a little man, he doesn't slide or run out of bounce often, he challenges defenses to take him down. I mean it almost seemed like Ortega was running looking for Haney. Sometimes Haney got the best of him sometimes Ortega got the best of Haney but this was just an old fashioned knock around between two men. It was up to the ref's to control this game. We only had 2 penalties in that game, if there was targeting, where were the warnings. We got two flags and Alabama got 4 penalties. No one is talking about them trying to get revenge late in the game. Mazza got tagged up and down that field late in the game. we didn't cry, it's football. We played the game the ref's let us play. The ref's didn't step in so here we are. Haney has decided to take his "Me against the world" attitude and bite the hand that feeds him by lying to the commish. That is all I got Mr. Paige, that is everything.  Any questions, did i miss something you needed to know?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 09, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »

CHARLIE RUBS HIS TEMPLES AND SIGHS

So you keep saying you said "to put him in the tent" "make him visit the tent" and "make him hide in the tent" which is clearly an implication to injure him, but in your mind you were saying to be physical and make him fake an injury?  That is a tough sell, all things considered.

The big challenge for us is our approach.  Do we sell Haney down river, it might be easy considering he has a history of personal foul penalties against Alabama in the the past games.    However him saying that you told him to make those hits is going to be a war of words, and with you having also told the coach the same thing, if he took it the same way I'm seeing a big hurdle for us.  ...how do you want to approach this?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 09, 2019, 04:25:21 PM »
Ok so if we just put it all one Haney it becomes his word against mine but also not taking into account if my coach Pleads the fifth or sells me down the river. On the other hand what comes from me saying I told him to put him in the tent but I never meant to injure but to hit him hard enough to make him scared enough to hide in the tent? What comes from either of these options.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 09, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »

TEMPLE RUBBING INTENSIFIES

If you tell people you said to put him in the injury tent, but didn't mean hurt him you're going to insult everyone's intelligence and look like a jackass; if you admit to calling for guys to hurt Ortega, you have to be able to articulate it in a way that doesn't look like we're dealing with a hit or bounty..  Talking to you here and now, that might be difficult, but it might be worth pursuing if you don't want to try to pin this all on Haney and a head coach who is trying to get you fired.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: October 09, 2019, 05:16:07 PM »
So you say a head coach who is trying to get me fired, is coach saying the same thing, is he saying he took it as I wanted to hurt Ortega. Have you heard anything

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 09, 2019, 07:14:43 PM »

TEMPLE RUBBING INTENSIFIES!!

..I'm saying that your story would be that your head coach is trying to get you fired... if you are catching my drift.

I've heard nothing more than you've told me Mr. Lucas, My research team is just getting to work, so the only information I have right now is what you just provided.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 09, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »
That's a tough one. I don't want to throw my head coach under the bus when I don't even know where he stands. Maybe we don't always agree but he has done nothing to warrant that treatment. Is there a way to just pin it all on Haney without throwing the coach under the bus?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 09, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »

Its possible. We'll need to speak with Coach Munoz to see where he stands, and hope its with you, but there is definitely the possibility.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 09, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
Let's go that route. Let's see where coach is. He doesn't deserve to fall on the sword, especially if he plans to plead the fifth and stay out of it. At the moment he's barred from any team contact so your team is going to have to reach out. Let me know where he stands sow e know our next move.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 09, 2019, 11:14:44 PM »

I'd prefer you call him on the phone, he doesn't know me from Adam.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 10, 2019, 06:50:00 AM »
Ok, Iíll call his personal phone.

óó

Coach, GM Lucas here. Howís it going coach?. First let me say that Iím truley sorry for how all this turned out but I am proud of the brotherhood we showed on that field. If I havenít said it before Iíll say it now,  Iím proud to have a coach like yourself leading this team. This team has really grew into a brotherhood. Iím calling because Iím sure you heard by now. I went to Commissioner Wilkinson to appeal these suspensions and fines and it became a full blown investigation into what I said to Peter Haney. It seems like in Haneyís first meeting he proceeded to tell Mr Wilkinson I sent him to injure Haney. I am here with my defense team from Paige and Castle and they have advised me to call you and see where you stand in this matter. Iím telling them that I did say to send Ortega to the tent but it was in reference to what happened last season when the Alabama medical staff held him out in our first game and we played it up as Ortega was hiding from us. I am calling to see if you understood that when I said ďsend him to the tentĒ That was what I was referring too or did you misinterpret that as ďInjure OrtegaĒ. Iím trying to make sure that no matter what happens here that you stay in the clear and donít fall on the sword for Haneyís actions, or any actions that took place on that field other than you defending your players.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 10, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »

...WAIT, you're telling me that when you told me to make sure he paid a visit to the medical tent again, you didn't mean that we were trying to hurt him?   

I'm calling bullshit on that one, but if that's your story, then that's your story.

I think the bigger question right now is, are we agreeing to a new 3 year $13MM contract starting S13?  If so, you know I'll back your play, as soft as it sounds to me.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 10, 2019, 09:40:08 AM »
I see. Thank you coach. I was hoping a simple "I understood what you meant" or "I took it as hurt Ortega". Unfortunately I have no desire to add extortion to the list of fuckery that is this situation. Any attempt to give you a new contract would set off alarms that you were bought. (Long Sigh) I hope when it's all said and done we can get passed this. Make the best of your next two weeks off. Hopefully when it's all said and done I can walk back into that office and we can finish what we started. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 10, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »

So you ask me to cover your ass, while I have no insurance that I won't be cut loose in the off-season and used as a scapegoat in all of this?

I wasn't extorting you, I was asking for a new contract to show your support during this bullshit time that was started because you put a hit out on a superstar on our bitter rival's team.

The blood is on your hands you asshole, and do you know what you get when you cross a player and coach being abandoned by their GM who pretends he didn't tell both of them to injure the star quarterback of their rival? 

You get what you F*cking Deserve!"

HENRY MUNOZ JR VIOLENTLY ENDS THE CALL

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 10, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »

CHARLIE RUBS HIS TEMPLES AND SIGHS

...that went well.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »
Coach looked passed the simplicity of the question and also threw loyalty out the window and went right to extortion. I wasn't going to be extorted. I am loyal to a fault but I am not stupid. Maybe erratic at times or whimsical most others but stupid isn't one of them and honestly I'm tired of trying to navigate this minefield. Right now I want to tell them what I know and what I said and articulate my regret in how far the situation went. I want to defend myself the proper way. No more loop holes. I do not want to run through this maze anymore and before I do something I will regret I want this to be over. Mr. Paige, I just released a talented young man in order to have the funds to pay for you and your team to defend me. After it's all said and done if i survive this I have fines to pay and a roster to fill. You are my attorney. Now that coach is out he way, advise me what is the best course of action so I keep my job and get to keep working this season. What do you suggest I do now and I'll do it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »

AFTER A LONG PAUSE AND SILENT PRAYER CHARLIE TUCKS HIS ROSARY BACK INTO HIS SUIT AND GRABS GM LUCAS AT THE SHOULDERS.

...We have three choices.

1. We commit to throwing Haney under the bus.  Your Coach has resigned his post and I can argue that he did so to save his own reputation because he was the one who actually ordered the hit.

2. You beg for mercy and take responsibility, no bullshit, just facts. ...it could work or you could talk your way into the Indonesian League of Football.

3. You hire Jack Bowser to "clean up" this situation and Haney won't be around to say much of anything to anyone..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 10, 2019, 01:37:09 PM »
(Lucas looks out the window. He grabs his wallet and opens it to reveal a small picture only he can see. He takes a deep breath and smiles as he tucks the picture away back into his wallet and turns around)

Let's go with option 3

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 10, 2019, 01:40:36 PM »

Option 3 it is... We'll need to submit an expenditure of $7MM to the league office as "legal fees."  ...but it will be taken care of. Now you better meet with the league's investigator, remember admit nothing. deny everything. make counter accusations. 

I'll get this taken care of...

CHARLIE LEAVES YOUR OFFICE WITH YOUR ENTIRE CAREER IN HIS HANDS

Did you and your attorney have a nice chat?  I hope so, because I don't have all day.  Tell me everything you know about Peter Haney's involvement in last weeks fight, tell me what you said to him, your involvement in the resignation of Coach Munoz, and who you think is most to blame for this shit show.