Author Topic: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS  (Read 51585 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ATLANTA WARRIORS
« Reply #1500 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »
Good, we have Oakland this week, you have the green light to light them up. I'll let coach know we need to spread them out and go hard and fast at these guys.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 01, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »

Hell yeah, lets bust them up.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 02, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
Def will, I'll let you continue preparing.

------

Spread Offense

Offense Depth Chart
WR 1-Pitts, WR 2-Craven, Slot-West
C 1 Kirkland, C 2 Hendrickson

Primary Rusher
Daniel Colllins

Defense Depth Chart
FS 1 Haney, FS 2 Bullock
DT 1 Slender, DT 2 Ezell, DT 3 Mundy

Collins

Blitz: 30%
Pass/Run: 70/30

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »
Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
When everyone outside of our locker room expects you to do nothing and you come out and have a big win like this, I'll be honest with you, You donít find much wrong.  It was nice to get a big win in front of our fans. Protecting our home field is very important to this team. There are still some things we have to clean up but I think we all just got a glimpse of what this team could do once we tighten up the screws and get more comfortable with each other.  I saw a lot of good things. Over the season we have been really using our game plan to slowly bring our rookies along but as you saw what happened when we gave them the green light, I think they proved they are ready. We played solid in all aspects. Our special teams unit has tightened up. Mazza did what I knew he could when I drafted him. Our WRís stepped up and how about that big game from our rookie Daniel Collins, Has he stopped running yet, does anyone know?. But with all that said, letís not forget the great job our Defense did. Our young corners really stepped up, our front seven put just enough pressure to make the other QB make mistakes and two big interceptions from Bullock and Ash really set the tone. Overall it was a good week but we know every week will be different so we have to prepare just as hard and not fall back on our heels with one good win.

Talk about a couple of the topics that stood out to you in the news this week.

I was really happy to see the show of support for GM Powers. We all here in Atlanta wish him a speedy recovery. Competition is one thing but often times we as a whole tend to get caught up in the competitiveness of the game and forget when the clock strikes 0 we are all human and all have lives. Itís a reminder that HIFL is one facet of life and we canít take anything for granted. We hope to see him on the sidelines soon.  On a different  note,  anyone seen any good rap videos lately.

What did you make of the announcement of the HIFL Minor League, do you believe it is a positive addition?

I think itís great. I always love when people get the opportunity to live out their dream.  I think this minor league will allow a lot of young talented players out there who probably had a rough go in college or didnít do well in the combine to get another opportunity to prove themselves. Whenever we can expand the talent pool I think it makes for great competition and keeps the juices flowing. With a minor league I think it can keep the competitive drive going for a lot of HIFL players who got big salaries or had a great years and now find themselves maybe not playing as hard or still believing their hype. It will keep them on their pís and qís so they donít fall back on all that attention they received knowing that with more players looking for opportunity that there will be some GMís who take the chance with a raw talent as oppose to a cocky over paid player who has gotten lazy.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?
Well first I am thankful for this bye week. We can sure use a little rest, I know some of the men in that locker room have been dealing with some nagging injuries. With the college showcase week up coming it will allow for myself and this staff to get a glimpse of possible future Warriors. Then, when we come back, we got to get back to work and  realize that we have forget about records. We have to go out there and play up to the level of play we know we can. The men in that locker room all know now what we can look like now. Heading to Tombstone wonít be easy because no away game ever is. Those players on that sideline have to figure out if they are angry enough to come out and keep searching for that first win or are they punching it in. Either way we will prepare like they are undefeated because as long as Tombstone has men lacing up their cleats and tightening their chin straps anything can happen if you underestimate any opponent. We just witnessed it in our last game. I am sure no one could have predicted that outcome, well no one except myself, the coaches and the players here in Atlanta.

Anymore questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 11, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
"Did you have any problem with Louis Alicea throwing a touchdown pass with 3 seconds remaining in a game you had already won?"

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:22 AM »
At first I was a little shocked because you don't often see that but then I thought back to week 1 when Alabama kept pouring it on with their starters. I remember how upset I was but ultimately realized that if we didn't want them to keep scoring we had to stop them. No one seemed to bat an eye about it and we moved on. Maybe because I am the GM of Atlanta there's some bias but I see this being a bit different. Alicea is our number 2 QB. He often doesn't have the opportunity to showcase himself. He is a talented individual who I know deep down would love to be starting for a team. We were playing in what you all call garbage time and if the other team wasn't ready to fight to the clock struck zero then that is on them and their coaching staff for not preparing them to play 60 minutes. What you all call garbage time I call opportunity for guys who don't necessarily get the opportunity to shine for one reason or another. So if any of our players who don't start wish to go out there and prove themselves then by all means. So, to answer your question, no I do not have a problem. No one gave us a chance and when you keep hearing week after week how your team can't win, well that tends to resonate in the locker room. We have a group of hungry and talented individuals so  I would hope that when given the opportunity that every man in that locker room take it and run with it. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 12, 2018, 12:19:16 PM »

A great win.. Now between us, I called that pass play to end the game because Alicea spent time in Oakland and wanted a little payback.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 12, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »
I knew about the Oakland connection but I wanted to send a message that as long as they give us no chance we will give our players every chance to shine, we will not stop, we will not quit. I appreciate what you did because that is style I want to play. When we are up by that much, don't let the foot off the gas. Now we have a bye week which is great. We need Pitts to get healed. I'll let you get started coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »

Sounds good.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 14, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Ms. Watson, considering we are nearly mid way through the season. I would like a quick rundown of our budget if possible. With the trade deadline quickly approaching it would be  in our best interest to see how much flexibility we have.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 14, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »

AFTER FLASHING HER TRADEMARK EYE ROLL AND SIGH...

Yes sir, we have 1.5MM in salary and 1MM in PR available.  Can I help you with anything else?

XENIA FORCES A SMILE

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »

XENIA CAN'T HELP BUT GIGGLE AT THE NEWS..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 24, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me K Wendall Lawrence

------

Great game against Oakland. You made some pretty big kicks for us and I wanted to let you know your clutch play has not gone unnoticed. You've come up big this season. I wanted to thank you and tell you keep up the solid work. It's a relief to know we can get within 50 yards and put up points.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 24, 2018, 07:11:27 PM »

Dude, how can you talk with your face all hamburgered like that?  You're a freakin' Legend!

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 24, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
It's nothing, A black eye, some swelling and discoloration. Most of the damage came when my face hit the floor and busted me open after I was blind sided. That shot completely dazed me and unfortunately for me it made it seem as if though old man Crowe laid waist to me. It is what it is. It's unfortunate that he couldn't let me do the job he brought me in here to do. He risked it all to prove what? Mr. Lawrence, these bruises are a reminder to everyone that no matter if you do the wrong thing or the right thing someone will always be out there to try and put you down and sometimes it will come from the people least expected. I refuse to stay down. Now, back to business. Let's talk legend, those two plus 50 yard field goals you made is what Legends are made of. Keep it that up and you might be writing your own legendary legacy in the HIFL. Now, you said something about hamburgers and made me hungry, I'm ordering some food from Atlanta's best burger place "Grindhouse killer burgers" you want anything?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: June 24, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »

Na I'm good.  You don't get this body by eating Cheeseburgers pal.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 24, 2018, 11:36:03 PM »
I hear you, Well I'm going to let you head out and get some work outs in while I wait for my food.

------

Ms Watson can you get me AC Kevin Corral

---

Mr. Corral, first let me start by saying your experience on the O-line is really starting to show out there in those young guys. I know Redd was dealing with some hamstring issues earlier on. How is he and the rest of our rookies on the o-line coming along.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 25, 2018, 02:12:57 PM »

These dudes is comin' along just fine.  Strong play so far I'd say.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 25, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »
Great, that's good news going forward. We are going to be playing the offense a lot like we did against Oakland and we are going to need those boys to step up. I'll let you get back to work but that was definitely some good news.

---

Ms Watson can you get me Scott Larue

___

Mr. Larue, wanted to bring you in here first to thank you for the level of play you have been showing off week in and week out. Second, Now that Chandler is no longer here I wanted to ask you how do you feel about putting that C on your jersey and being the captain we now need on the D-line.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 26, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »

No thanks. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 27, 2018, 07:37:24 AM »
I appreciate your honesty. I know some guys relish the C and some guys just want to play ball. Well, regardless, thank you and keep doing your thing.

----

Ms Watson, gonna go ahead and lock this down.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 27, 2018, 07:45:35 AM »
(Enters the Locker room)

Gentlemen, This isn't easy standing here looking like this. It hurts both my pride and jaw to talk. I know the talks and the whispers going on. I see the looks, smirks and how people look away as if though they are embarrassed of me. I don't know if anything was justified from where I stand or where Mr. Crowe stood and I won't sit here and make excuses and try and defend myself against the actions of a man who thought it was more important to run up on me from behind and take me out and put his franchise on the line.

We are all in this together. Stephen and Christopher were great players for this team and strong leaders and when I acquired Stephen and decided not to trade Chris in the off season I figured to have them on this team as we moved forward. But please know, as talented as we are, we are not done building our team. You gentlemen have been playing your hearts out and you have shown the league your potential last game vs Oakland. But the truth is for those of you who are standing here, as someone who has the task of putting this team in it's best possible position for now and the future I had to make those moves. I know as a player when you see other great talents leaving the team you are playing for you question the direction of the team. But let me say to you that our number one goal is still to win. I feel we are still as talented and dangerous on that field. So with all that went on this during our bye week, with the owner losing his head while trying to take mine off, the board of trustees looking to sell the team, I know you start to ask yourself, What the hell are you doing here. We are still a team gentlemen. We are still Warriors. We are still an organization. No matter if we play in Atlanta or on the goddamn moon, we are still a team. You still have to look to your left and your right and realize those men standing side by side are your brothers on that field. What ever the future holds now, know that it holds it for us together. I am as much as part of this teams legacy now moving forward as you are but do not let me downplay the fact that you all are much more important than I am. If any one of you were gone from this team we would feel it on the field, If I were gone you all would still be together playing just as hard. I want everyone to know that though your job is not easy on that field and much more harder than my job will ever be but please understand my job is still not an easy one. Please know I have been upfront, honest and respectful to everyone in this room and nothing will change. I want to thank you gentlemen for your continued hard work and all I ask is that we keep the focus on our goal of winning today.

-----

Depth Chart

Move LB Van Buren to #1 and move LB James Brown to #2

Move DE Scott Larue to #1 Move DE Andrew Lovejoy to #2

Everything else stays the same as the last game

Lock In

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 29, 2018, 01:21:10 AM »
Good evening,let's get to it, What went wrong? well let's see, first there was the distraction that came in the form of an owner losing his head. Next the media circus that followed on the practice field and in the locker room was enough to wear anyone down. Third, we lost our explosive young RB Daniel Collins for a few weeks early in the game. Finally, right before our game it's announced that the team is up for sale. All i have to say is that I apologize to the men in that locker room who had to endure endless questions about the state of the franchise. I wish I could apologize for the actions taken but no one ever looks to be attacked for making the rights moves for the franchise, so I can't apologize for someone else's actions.

Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?
Real simple, we are a young team progressing in the right direction. The plays some of these young players are making let's me know we will be alright. These rookies are adjusting quickly but at times the speed of the game catches up. It happens to the very best players on that field and the fact that these young guys like Cavanaugh, Evans and Mazza just to name a few are balling is a great thing. I personally don't feel any one person is under performing for us but as a whole we need to do a lot better. Against a very good Oakland team we went out there and lit them up from start to finish. I understand with the circus in town this past week things got crazy but to only manage 12 first downs in a game against a winless team in which we went to overtime against is inexcusable. We need to do a better job in being consistent.

With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM?
What owner?(Looks around the room) Listen, I am not going to lie as far as expectations go, honestly I felt like some of the expectations contradicted themselves. I was put behind the eight ball because I made moves Crowe didn't like. I am a GM and I was brought in here to do a Job. Despite who I traded during last years draft the players I got back have been balling. Duckett, Ash and Larue have done an excellent Job like I expected. Hell, even the new LB James Brown we just acquired earned a defensive player of the game this past week. Yeah, I kind of know what I am doing here. I don't need the approval of sports analyst and other GM's around the league I surely don't care about anyone's grade of me. Grades are for everyone to give and debate over talk shows and sporting news. Now expectations, let's talk about expectations, I was told "raise fan support", "go .500 at home", "improve our record" and oh "by the way, you can't trade". To have to try and wheel and deal and then after hours of negotiating, going back and fourth to have to try and now convince your owner to let you make a trade is absolutely mind numbing and exhausting. That doesn't sound like an owner who wanted a GM, it sounds like an owner who wanted to be the GM himself. I think I speak for all GM's when I say as a GM we need room to grow, space to breathe and move about. We need lead way to put our vision to task. well, I won't beat a dead horse, he is no longer here and now we wait and see and move on.

Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?
I don't know if any one player stands out to be a league wide MVP just yet but if I cast my vote now I would make co-mvp's our young talented corner backs we have right here in Atlanta, James Cavanaugh and Eric Evans. As far as under performer goes, I think that honor is shared with  the entire Alabama and Michigan teams. When you think about all the pompous big winded sports analyst on their TV shows, podcast and editorials they already crowned those two teams the division hands down and now to see them struggling you wonder if the lights got to bright for them last year.

Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?
Charlotte, simply because of how quickly their team gelled. Expansion teams usually take a few years to get off the ground because guys need to learn how to play together as a team

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?
This week we face New Jersey and all I will say is that I like our chances.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 29, 2018, 02:03:06 AM »
THE PRESS IS BEWILDERED BY YOUR ANSWERING QURSTIONS FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. THEY SHAKE THEIR HEADS IN UNISON AS #JUSTICEFORCROWE ALSO BEGINS TO TREND. COINCIDENCE? NOT LIKELY.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 29, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »
You all look confused, It's kind of hard to think. I'm still suffering from a concussion and can hardly think straight at the moment. These bright lights aren't helping so if there aren't anymore questions I'll head out. My head is starting to hurt.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 29, 2018, 10:17:52 AM »
THE MEDIA DOES YOU ZERO FAVORS WITH THE NEW OWNERSHIP GROUP SINCE YOU FAILED TO GO BACK AND DO THE RIGHT SET OF QUESTIONS, HURTING YOUR FUTURE PROSPECTS IN THE EYES OF ALL WHO LOOK TO BUY YOUR FRANCHISE.

Mr. Lucas, my name is Barbara Barracuda.  I am the interim president of operations for the football team while we maneuver through the sale process. 

After considering our options, I do not find it reasonable to fire you for past transgressions previous to my taking over the team, so with that being said, we have a clean slate, you and I. 

While I reserve the right to terminate your services here at any time, I would like to see the season through with you at the helm if that is at all possible. Once the team is sold and a new owner officially takes over, it will be up to them what direction to go in the future..

Now, your poor handling of the media this week is not a good start, so clean up your act or we may be meeting again much sooner than either of us would like..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 29, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
Thank you for a clean slate Ms. Barracuda, I look forward in doing right by this organization because that is all ever wanted to do. I also understand the mishandling of the media, feeling the way I was feeling I should have kept it short and sweet. From here on forward things will be done accordingly.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 29, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »
Ms. Watson can you get me  RB Johnny Vasquez

---

Mr. Vasquez, I wanted to personally tell you that I was impressed with the nice job you did out there this past week. It's not easy to average more than five yards per carry. I wanted to let you know with Daniel Collins injury you will be shouldering the load as our lead RB until he is ready. Put up a performance like that in your next starts and we can have a good situation of a two headed monster here in Atlanta which can only make us that more dangerous.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 30, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »

Aye orale Jefe!

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 30, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
Orale Senor Vasquez. ŅCůmo estŠs hoy, me alegro de que son parte de este equipo y no puedo esperar a ver que hacer esta semana en contra de Nueva Jersey.

You look surprised, I know Spanish and I'm working on my Mandarin also. This is your moment Mr. Vasquez so I won't take up anymore of your time and I'll let you get back to practicing.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: July 01, 2018, 11:36:14 AM »

Cool.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 05, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
Ms. Watson can you call in the coaches please, Munoz, Bowman, Campbell and Corral. 

---

Gentlemen. I know the bad press and embarrassment this organization suffered because of the actions of the former owner did nothing to help team moral. I know low confidence makes your job harder and I apologize if I have contributed to that. I want to apologize for any of my past transgressions that have led to any locker room disputes or coaching misunderstandings. I know coaches don't like to see their best players leaving their system that they most likely built around them. Truth is in my first season in the HIFL and with the team I made some mistakes and I am never to proud enough to admit when I made a mistake or I am wrong. I have learned from those mistakes and I hope the moves I made to get us drastically under the cap while giving some first rounders and additional draft picks for the present and future let you know I am in this for the long haul. I want to put us in a position to be successful and as we all know success does not come over night. I saw a good team that was not quite gelling and making the strides I definitely thought we should have made by this time. I knew we needed more assets if we were thinking long term. Please know that I see the progress you all have made and are making with our young players so your jobs are safe moving forward, you have my word, I hope that still carries some weight.

Now talking about Moving forward, from here on we will work in tandem to right this ship. I know a few times this year I could have called you guys in to talk about player movement and I ran with it alone. But not anymore, that means when thinking of players to add or and subtract there will be more communication. We have a lot of good pieces on this team that only look to get better. We have two amazing CB's. We have an O-line that looks to be maturing into the real deal and an offense that has proven to be explosive. We are not there yet but with the moves I have made I am sure we will be much closer. This season is now about making sure our young players know that they are part of the future and that they are laying down a foundation they can be comfortable with and succeed in. Our job is to make sure they gain as much experience as possible and meet their absolute potential.

one last note, I have taken this team rock bottom over the last few weeks because I thought I was doing the right thing. This is where communication could have really help in averting all the has transpired here over the last few weeks. I am now confident there is no where else left to go but up. I promise moving forward to be more mindful of my actions. Thank you gentlemen.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 06, 2018, 12:23:58 AM »
SILENCE LEADS WAY  TO WHAT COULD BE A VERY AWKWARD GROUP HUG, BUT INSTEAD THE COACHES NOD AND SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »
Depth Chart Changes

RB 1 Johnny Vasquez
RB 2 Elijah Hood

RB Daniel Collins-Sits Out

Tackle 1 Julio Redd
Tackle 2 Jamal Seal
Tackle Louis Duckett-Sits Out

FS 1 Peter Haney
FS 2 Myles Bullock

SS 1 Lucas Ash
SS 2 Manuel Novak

Everything else coaches decision.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 13, 2018, 03:25:36 AM »
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. First off I would like to apologize for my past behavior. Iím sure we are all aware what has transpired over the last few weeks and need I say I have been preoccupied, that is no excuse. You all have done a great job and stuck with us here during this tough season. Now, Let me get to it. For a Half we looked like we were about to give everyone something to talk about. We were making stops on the line, pressuring the QB, covering all the WR's and then the floor gave in. Second half we were not even close to our best. We gave up probably the most combined rushing TD's this season. We couldn't get to the Qb and we looked a little gassed out there. I attribute that to three things, first my distractions havenít left much space to concentrate on the Xís and Oís so I take blame for that. Second, fatigue, Not sure if it was the Bus ride from Atlanta to Jersey or the distractions or maybe both but we looked to be tired that second half. Third, Turnovers. You canít win when you give up turnovers. 

Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?
The first half of the season has been trivial. We have been very inconsistent but once again that comes with experience.  One week we give a top teams a fight, the next, we lose by a field goal, the next we blow out Oakland and then we lose to a team that had no wins in Tombstone.  Very up and down but with that I have seen some great play from our rookies. They have really stepped up and I can only imagine how much better they are going to get. Also, let me point out what a great Job LB James Brown and DE Andrew Lovejoy  have done since we acquired them. Talk about working well in a system. As far as stood out bad, Iíll take the blow for that one. I came here with much talk about winning now and winning starts today and though I always have a plan, I tend to act before I can process each and every outcome. That has led to some huge misunderstandings on my end which I absolutely plan to correct from this point forward.

With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

Let me start this by saying I had every intention to meet our previous owners expectations. Everything I do is to make sure I am putting this organization in a position to be successful but that has come with some bumps and bruises as you can see by the replays you guys are still airing. The new owner has given me the benefit of the doubt as long as I sit on my hands and do not have any more hiccups. To grade myself would be foolish. Again, I think I did a pretty good job drafting and acquiring a few Season 11 first round picks and solid players like James Brown but everything in between has definitely not been my best. I would like to give myself a TBD but let me just say it, I messed up in some places pretty big and for that I would say I give myself a D.  I donít think I have failed because I still have a job but I need to do much better.

Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?
I think when we think MVPís we think of only players but I think I have to take my hat off to GM Jon. He went into a really volatile situation over there in Seattle and has done a very impressive job with his crafty acquisitions and getting those players to respond.  As far as under performer goes, I canít throw shade when we are sitting here with the record we have, having just had two horrible weeks . Having the season I have had does not give me room to judge.  I know many did not and do not give us a chance but for me I think we have grossly under-performed. I am surprised at that.

Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?
I say the Charlotte Crowns and Alabama Nighthawks have surprised me for two completely different reasons.  Charlotte has done a great job in their first year putting the right mix of guys together.  Alabama has surprised me because everyone crowned them at the start of the season. They got all new coaches, kept their franchise big man on the team. They added without losing anyone and yet they seem to be stumbling a bit.

With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?
All I can say for sure is that we are definitely not buying. As far as anything else goes I would be a fool as a GM not to keep the lines open.

What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?
Well speaking from the stand point of a team that will be drastically under the cap next season I like it. I think this helps with how trades get manipulated. Teams in my position would always be willing to eat salary for future picks, players etc. That system was allowing to many dynamic players with huge contracts to go to already stacked teams shifting the balance of the league. I think this way, teams looking to stack at the expense of their future have to think a bit more on how much do they want to impact their future. I honestly wish they would have added a no amnesty rule to all big price players who were traded. This way a team canít just cut a newly acquired star just to save money at the end of the season. That puts playerís economic future in jeopardy.

Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Winning, and the only way I see that happening is by making sure there are No turnovers, No turnovers and No turnovers.  We do that and we will do exactly what I expect to do against the Barons, win.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 13, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »

GM Lucas, I know we just recently spoke, but I've been informed all Owners are to meet with their GM's at the mid-season point.  I am here to not only talk about all of the failed objectives set forth by Max before his departure, but I am also going to give you some new objectives that I will be hoping to see you achieve.

Here were your original objectives:

1 - Improve Record - success

2 - Avoid Penalties - Failed

3 - Do not trade - Failed

4 - Go 500 at home - Currently failing

5 - Improve Fan Support - Currently failing

So here are your new objectives:

1 - Win at least two more games

2 - Avoid Further League Penalties

3 - Upset one division opponent

4 - Improve Fan Support with Successful Outreach

5 - Improve Team Morale

Any Questions?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 13, 2018, 04:11:44 PM »
Not at all. Thank you for your support and clean slate. I intend to fully do my absolute best and try and reach all goals set fourth. Once again, thank you Ms. Barracuda for the opportunity to turn this around. One question;

To get this ship righted, as you know I made some trades to help get us under the cap. that came with eating a lot of salary and PR for this season to help us get where we need to be next season and moving forward. I currently only have about 1M in PR to work with and creating something special for fan outreach and team moral might drain that. I have some ideas but with only 1M in PR I fear doing so to accomplish a few of the goals will take us down to $0 in PR. Do I have permission to proceed with our minimum budget of 1m in PR to make this happen.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »

Go for it.. If you can achieve some of my new goals set out for you, you'll have some money to play with in the off-season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 13, 2018, 05:40:24 PM »
Thank you. I will do my best and try not let you down.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 13, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »

Good luck.  We'll talk again after the season.

Alright... so here we go.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 14, 2018, 02:27:27 AM »
Coach, I'm thinking we need to take a break. With so much that has happened I don't think our focus is where it should be. We have had a very strange and dysfunctional two weeks that I and I'm sure everyone else would like to forget. I was hoping to take advantage of the bye week. As part of our collaboration with the military I had set us up for one weekend at Hunter Army Airfield Army Base in Savannah, GA. For organized workouts and team building exercises to help get us working closely together before the season started as part as our contractual sponsor obligation. With the recent incidents I was not been able to set it up. I would like to give the guys a small rest and head out to the Hunter Army Airfield right here in Georgia for a few days before the next home game in order to help build up team moral. I think some time off from practicing will help heal their bodies and clear their head. Obviously we can still have some light practices over there and we can still watch videos and have meetings but I would like us to concentrate more on team building exercises.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »

You're the boss, if that's okay with you, then it's okay with me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:25:20 PM by Talon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 14, 2018, 11:15:49 AM »
I think after those two tough losses the team needs to get away from their normal routines. Losing creates not only distance but turmoil which eventually turns into people pointing fingers. I really want to avoid it if it hasn't started already.  I know we have Milwaukee coming in and as much as I would love to quiet GM Strike. I think team moral and confidence is more important. Let's lighten up on the practices for this week and take advantage of their high tech equipment and watch more videos. Do that with some team building exercises and hopefully we can get back to doing what we know best. I say we get the team together asap and start heading out. The sooner the better. We'll spend a few days out there and head back to get our final walk throughs in before the Barons come to our home field.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 14, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
I'll let you start getting the team ready to get on the bus. I have to do a few things and I'll get ready to go with you guys

---

Ms. Watson can you get me RB Daniel Collins.

----

Mr. Collins, I know you had a set back a few weeks ago. I see the coaches have put your status as Doubtful. I believe your health is more important than any wins. I do not want to take a chance with any further injury because you are part of the foundation for the future of this team. I am going to give you one more week off and after that, when you are ready you will once again take your place on that field behind Mazza as our number 1 back.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 14, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »

Word, I appreciate your concerns boss, but if I can play, I want to play... No Days Off for This Work Horse..

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: July 14, 2018, 05:50:52 PM »
I'll talk to the coaches and the team doctor and see where we are. At your request I'll leave it up to them if they give you the green light. Thank you Daniel, your heart and passion is second to none. I know you have to start getting ready since we are heading out early. See you at the base

--

Ms. Watson can you get me OC Bowman

--

Coach, First, How has Mazza been coming along?

We are 9 weeks in, what's your current assessment of him.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 14, 2018, 06:28:34 PM »

He's struggled in his rookie year, the stats tell the tail.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 14, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
He said he could play in any system. In the spread we have seen him shine and fail hard. Which system do you think he would be better suited for to get back on track. I want to do all I can to make sure his confidence doesn't get ruined. I was thinking play more shotgun and west coast but I know we haven't done much practicing in those formations. so maybe upping the run game, I'm in between thoughts, What's you take.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 14, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »

I don't think its a formation issue, but we could definitely rely more on the run game.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 14, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
That's sound advice. I'll put it in and get this ground game going. If Collins is ready to go we should have a great chance to get this game at home. See you at the base.

----

MS . Watson can you get me coach Campbell

---

Coach, we got scored on 7 times on the ground. I saw fight in us until the second half and we completely fell apart. What was it fatigue was it the adjustment to not having Chandler and Leake or just down right lack of talent.