Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 132038 times)

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #3050 on: January 10, 2019, 01:10:00 AM »
I do too, we've played some contested games, that's all I can ask for. These guys are being competitive and we're starting to come together. Reginald played a steady game, and our guys did their thing on the ground and air. Although, its tough news to hear Luis Paulson's going to be out for a week or two. Do you think Desmond Hunter can take over outside or do you think we should shift Richard DeJesus over at CB2?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »

I prefer DeJesus.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 10, 2019, 11:40:09 PM »
Noted. Just so you know, I'm planning on doing an appreciation night for Coach Benson Stark come Week 4. Once I get the paperwork finalized and hash out the details, we should be set. I think it's just as interesting because we play St. Paul that week. I hope you and the team have fun with that game Coach Swope. Other than that, I'll let you go, I want to call Coach Stark and tell him the news. That is unless you want to stick around and talk to him too.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 10, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »

We talk quite regularly, so I will wait until I see him at the game.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 11, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »
Alright, that's fine, tell the other coaches that I said good luck and thank you.

Ms. Tong, is there any way we can see if my uncle Benson is available on the phone, please?

Uncle Benson? Hey, it's Henry, I just wanted to call and say a few things: 1) What an off-season and 2) I wanted to tell you some good news. We plan on holding a special night for you in Week 4 against St. Paul at home. It's a ceremony that Mr. Tong thought would be a good idea to help lift some spirits in New Jersey and also give you a night to celebrate your career. People love you here and wanna have a night where they get to relive some good times when you were at the helm of it all. We wanna make it special for you, I just thought I'd call you and let you know what we were planning to do for you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:08 AM »

I love the sound of that, Thank you very much. I can't wait to be there.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 11, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
Take care Uncle Benson, see you in Jersey.

Ms. Tong, after I send off the paperwork to the league office, I want you to send the following changes to the coaching staff:

NICKEL DEFENSE
LDE- Adam Stringer
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Eros Jackson
SLB- Richard Marino
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter

FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

3-3-5 DEFENSE
LDT- Marlon Handley
NT- Joseph Brandenburg
RDT- Daniel Gossett
LLB- Eros Jackson
MLB- Richard Marino
RLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter

FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 17, 2019, 01:30:09 AM »
How's it goin' everyone let's get this started.

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We did a great establishing our presence on the offensive side of the ball. Once again getting the running game going opened up everything for us. Joan Swope being the defensive great that he is doing an amazing job with his schemes. I also have to give our Defensive Coordinator Felix Duran props for helping our secondary play well after Luis Paulson went down. Everything communicated, everyone played with focus and I'm proud of them. Despite some pass protection hiccups here and there we played great. Like I said we had to watch out for their defensive line, especially Jerry Worthington if we wanted to win this thing and for the most part we did just that.

2. The XFL and AAF have been very quiet since their championship games received very low viewership, do you believe there is room for that many professional football league's in America?

Sometimes there really is too much of a good thing. I love football, it's great, but sometimes fans can get burned out on a game that happens once every year. There's going to be oversaturation, and I'm sure the owners of both leagues know this. There's going to have to find their niche and go with that if they want to survive because those numbers are a bit troubling on their behalf.

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

Ace Profits has gone on record of saying Mr. Tong has been spying on their practices. Nevermind Coach Swope is a great coach who last year led a great defense in St. Paul. That's throwing dirt on that man's name and to respond to such an outlandish accusation with no proof shows that Ace Profits is nothing more than a dullard playing Owner. He can say whatever he wants to these other GM's, I'm not taking the bait. They lost and we won, so we'll leave it at that.

4. What do you make of the incredible season Jamie Ortega is having this year, first place in passing and rushing TDs, as well as rushing yards all while only having one interception on the season.. is that MVP Caliber in your eyes, and if not, who is your early favorite for league MVP?

The guy's been doing this way before I took this job. This is who Jamie Ortega is, and he's doing it in style. I got nothing but respect for the man. If he keeps this up at this pace I don't see why he wouldn't be MVP.

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

This game is important to us because we hope to celebrate my uncle's long career in New Jersey. We announced earlier this week that we'd be having an appreciation night for Coach Benson Stark. This is for the New Jersey fans, a night celebrating what it means to be a Dragon. I read the news report that GM Rebel picked up Corey Rizzo so now they have someone under center who can sling the ball. Our defense has to be prepared for any and all looks they might give us. I'm sure this would mean a lot to Coach Swope being able to coach against his former team and win. We do what we did last game, we play disciplined and play fast. I think we can take this home game if we follow that formula again.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 17, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »

You earn my respect with your handling of this week's news.. well done.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 18, 2019, 12:32:58 AM »
It's nothing at all considering the kind of reputation you have around the league. You're a good coach who orchestrated a dominating win. I'll defend your credentials against anyone who says otherwise. But let's get past that, we got a big Week 4 game against St. Paul. Is there anything that you see in this St. Paul game that you want to talk about? We got time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »

I know many of their players well. if we run well and stop their run game, we will prosper.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 18, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »
Alright, we're going to run with what we got. Let's win this one for Coach Stark and the Jersey fans Coach Swope.

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 28, 2019, 03:03:42 PM »

I just want to say I'm proud of how these guys won at home. Having a night celebrating the coaching legacy of someone such as Benson Stark, the atmosphere was nothing like I've seen. We played with heart and guts and in the end, we won. Our offense moved the ball well, Duke struggled earlier this year kind of trying his best to get some chemistry with his wide receivers, but since then, he's been finding the mark on his throws. But that couldn't happen without the run. Henry Force and DeAngelo Neuman are doing one heck of a job back there. Both rushed for nearly 100 yards, they were both almost averaging five yards per carry.

All of this was capitalized on some great defensive stops by this team. We really started to pin our ears back and get after them. Sometimes when we did good, we'd give up huge plays. Odell Crocker Jr. going back to back on kickoff returns for touchdowns hurt us. Special teams is an important part of football because this is a game of inches and every inch counts. But we didn't break after that and we won one of the most important games of our season. So I'm happy with our performance.

2. Talk about the news that caught your attention this week...

The East North division has been a spectacle this year. Very good football come out of this part of the league if I do say so myself. That Milwaukee-Michigan game was great and it makes you appreciate the game even more. Who knows how this all is going to end up, but I do have to say great games like this is worth watching. Great football so far this year, makes me optimistic for the rest of the season.

3. One Quarter of the way through your season, What have you learned about your team so far, and where do you see your season going?

I learned that even during adversity when you have a couple of guys who came instantly become the glue to hold you together, anything is possible. Stumbling out of the game during the first two weeks of the season wasn't ideal. But teams are built on who's mentally prepared for these shortcomings. My team is prepared and though we might be sitting 4th in our division, I have to say we're putting it together. Coach Swope, Coach Duran, and Coach Mackey have done a great job and I credit this season to them the most. The sky's the limit, it depends how high these guys are willing to fly. We could sneak into the playoffs this year, who knows? But I'm sure these men will be ready for whatever comes.

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

DC is having some season struggles, and I empathize with that organization. A team that has nothing to lose is a dangerous one. Going 1-4 would deal a blow to them, I know that's for sure. We've got some key injuries from what I was told and so they could exploit that. But for them, they're having a tough go at passing the ball. King Carmazzi has 2 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on the season. So this is going to be one of those games where they might try and make a point through the air. We have to give our due diligence and make sure our passing defense is up to snuff. Otherwise, we try and play a clean game of football on the offensive side.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 28, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »

It was fantastic to win on our night of celebration for Coach Stark.. it was even nicer to win for our team this season. We have great confidence after this win.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 28, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
I know how much this meant to you and the team. Going out there and winning for that crowd was a great feeling. We have to keep that momentum going somehow. I read the injury report before the presser. The doctors say that Adam has a dislocation shoulder and Luis might be doubtful to come back. That and the flu bug's hit Eros. I'm thinking of having Eric Hollenbeck move back to DE in a rotational role and having Richard Marino take over the middle for the game. I just wanted to hear your thoughts because you have more of a mind for this. I was also contemplating moving one of our strong safeties down into a linebacker role and trying to maybe scheme things up for this week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 29, 2019, 09:04:07 AM »

I think with Handley and Gossett at DE, Marino moving to cover MLB, and Jackson moving from strong safety to strongside LB, we let Lindsey cover at FS opposite of Glenn, then we should be fine.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 29, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
Alright, Coach Swope, these are the depth charts we'll be working with this week. I have Anteros with the player radio also. I hope everything looks good to you. Let's try and build off of that big game. We don't wanna be the second win DC gets.

4-3 DEFENSE
LDE- Marlon Handley
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Richard Marino
SLB- Anteros Jackson
WLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

3-4 DEFENSE
LDT- Frank Combs
NT- Joseph Brandenburg
RDT- Eric Hollenbeck
LOLB- Marlon Handley
LILB- Anteros Jackson
RILB- Richard Marino
ROLB- Daniel Gossett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

NICKEL DEFENSE
LDE- Marlon Handley
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Richard Marino
SLB- Anteros Jackson
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

3-3-5 DEFENSE
LDT- Frank Combs
NT- Joseph Brandenburg
RDT- Daniel Gossett
LLB- Anteros Jackson
MLB- Richard Marino
RLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

DIME DEFENSE
LDE- Marlon Handley
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Richard Marino
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB1- Desmond Hunter
NB2- Paul Lindsey
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

Player Radio: Anteros Jackson

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 05, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

Uh, it's tough playing from behind. There were moments in the game where we would push the ball up the field and score and then we had moments where we couldn't limit the turnovers. 4 turnovers is a lot, and we have a rough go in holding onto the ball. That and they put a lot of pressure in Duke's face so we didn't have a lot of time to get a clean pocket. They took advantage of those short fields and scored. Even with the injuries, we had on the defense we still managed to play solid on that side of the ball. The offense played great too, but it was the turnovers and the short fields DC got that really was a tall order for us to climb out of.

2. Talk about the news that caught your attention this week...

I don't know what the Hell they're putting in KC's water coolers but James Edwards blasting 100+ yard field goal in the upright is a sight to behold. Just goes to show anything can happen in football.

3. Now that you have completed your first round of divisional games, how do you rank the teams in your division and who do you believe will be the biggest threat to your goals?

Michigan and Cleveland are both eyeing the top of the division. That game they played against one another was a sight to behold. Both teams are playing high-level football right now. Those guys are at the top and Milwaukee is playing inspired too. It's been competitive in our division this season so there might be surprises I'm not able to foresee. But if Michigan and Cleveland continue to play at the level they are we might have our work cut out for us. However, I believe in our coaching staff and think we play at that level like we've proved this season whether if it was a win or a loss.

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory as you step out of division for the first time this year?

Alabama...man that's a game. Jamie Ortega and Curt Robles are feeling it, that defense is playing great; There's a lot to praise. The key is simple, you stop that running attack you get a window to try and stop it from becoming a shootout. Coach Swope has done great this season in limiting the yards teams have been getting. Last game they rushed for over 300 yards, we want to drop that number as best we can and play at our pace. It's a task the defense is willing to take up. No one is scared in that locker room and they recognize what needs to be done. All in all, it'll be interesting when we play.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 05, 2019, 10:20:51 PM »

I was surprised by our ability to stop their run game.. Possibly the injuries hurting us, but still.. not good with Alabama coming up.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 05, 2019, 11:32:52 PM »
We somehow have to get them to beat us through the air. It's great Eros is getting over his flu symptoms, but having Adam back would be great. Talk to me Coach, Alabama's running attack is great, but there's gotta be some way we limit a team running 300 rushing yards. We'd have to run formations where we stack the box, like running a bit of 3-4 to get enough of our best run stoppers in a position to succeed. Maybe even bringing Anteros down into the box from the safety position with his brother to get them from running from sideline to sideline.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: February 06, 2019, 09:28:17 AM »

I like the idea of playing both "Thumper Brothers" in  the box as backers, I think we stay exclusively in our 4-3 because their #3 and 4 receivers are not talented enough to beat our backers and safeties in coverage, so if we go big, maybe we prevent some running.

I could perhaps sprinkle in some 3-4, but it is not a specialty of mine or coach Duran's either so it would be a limited playbook in that formation, but we could utilize a lot of spies and containment plays.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:30:13 AM by Talon »

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 06, 2019, 01:05:38 PM »
Do what you think will help Coach. I like us staying in a 4-3, gives our defensive line a chance to eat up the gaps and allows our linebackers to clean everything else up. We'll run a 4-3 and then go with our Nickel on passing downs. So it'll look like this:

4-3 DEFENSE
LDE- Marlon Handley
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Eros Jackson
SLB- Anteros Jackson
WLB- Richard Marino
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

3-4 DEFENSE
LDT- Frank Combs
NT- Joseph Brandenburg
RDT- Eric Hollenbeck
LOLB- Daniel Gossett
LILB- Eros Jackson
RILB- Anteros Jackson
ROLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
FS- Paul Lindsey
SS- Christopher Glenn

NICKEL DEFENSE
LDE- Marlon Handley
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Eros Jackson
SLB- Richard Marino
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter
FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

If you want that 3-4 formation can be used primarily as a blitzing scheme. Other than that, I wanna go into Alabama and turn some heads. Let's make it happen Coach Swope. Good luck to you, the coaches, and the guys in the locker room.

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 14, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
1. Talk about last weeks game. (typical what went right / wrong depending on a win or loss)

Alabama's a great team and they proved that last week. Um, we played hard, there were moments in that game where it seemed like we could turn the tides, but we couldn't capitalize on major turnovers. We fought our hardest, we tried to contain Ortega and Robles, but at the end of the day, they were too much. You can only do so much against an MVP caliber quarterback. I liked the fight we gave, and these guys shouldn't be down about that. We continue onward and we continue to improve.

2. What are your thoughts on Hilton Keegan and others skipping this Rookie Showcase and committing to either the XFL or AAF?

I don't blame him, there's a mentality in HIFL where we don't treat most of the players in this league not as people but as numbers. People want unity, and they aren't getting it when you see other GMs making so many moves on the fly just to try and right a ship that isn't going to stop sinking. They see what's going on and they don't like it, it's simple. I mean, we had players who got these contracts who were so fed up with it they went to AAF or XFL. I say if we want to keep these players happy and if we want to keep these guys optimistic that we're about football first and not just business we can turn some opinions around.

3. What are you hoping to gain from this weeks Showcase?

I want to see what the talent pool looks like. I'm a curious kind of guy, so being able to see these kids and getting to know what they're made of is really exciting. There's a lot of talk about the QB position and I'm going to be keeping my eye on that too; I wanna do my due diligence.

4. What did you schedule for your players during the bye week? Training or a week off?

Training. We wanna get better, we gotta put in the extra work. I think we're in for a long couple of weeks, so why not prep for that, y'know?

5. Talk about anything else on your mind in reference to the league/sport.

I just want to take a moment and give my thanks to Juan Oher who played great for us this season. Unfortunately, Juan suffered a terrible injury which will have him out for the rest of this season. I want to take this time to thank Juan for being a great anchor for us and we do wish him the best of health. He means a lot to this offense and to this team and it pains us to see him gone. Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 15, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »

Worse than the loss was the loss of Oher.. but we cannot live in the past.

Anything to go over from the game, or are you ready to talk about the showcase?

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 15, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »
I agree Juan did a great job this year, but I'm sure he'll be rooting for us for the remainder of the season. No need to dwell on it. If there isn't anything you'd like to address about the game we can move to the showcase, Coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: Today at 11:14:21 AM »

I believe we will find some talent this week.. Once we are finished with our reports we can set our focus on next week's game.