Author Topic: TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN  (Read 101423 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : LONG BEACH MERMEN
« Reply #2200 on: May 18, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »

Yeah Police say they have nothing to go on..

The captain of the department said: "To whoever did this, urine trouble now."

In a related story, a whole was found in wall of the female locker room, detectives are looking into it.

GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 97
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: May 18, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »
GOOCH BUSTS OUT INTO A BELLY LAUGH

You win, sir. You always do.

Robert Barton is the name that we haven't talked about. How do you feel about his potential? He had an impressive college career. I'm hoping that will translate, as he improves, onto a HIFL roster. What strengths does he bring to the table?
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: May 18, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »

He's got some killer hair.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: May 18, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »
I'll keep that in mind. Take care, and spike your hair. Woo woo woo. Thanks, Coach.
-------
Ariel, Coach is inserting some trick plays with LeBron at running back and we are going to shift our runs behind King and Neill (that's all at the discretion of Coach Brigham.)

Lock in
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
GOOCH COMES IN LAUGHING TO HIMSELF AND SLIDES HIS CELL PHONE IN HIS POCKET

I know you guys haven't had a chance to see it, but go out of your way to see Oakland's press conference. The guy is actively in the playoff race and is worried about what GM Kirk and I say about him. This tickles me because I'm living rent free in between his ears...Check this...He wants players to boycott two popular GMs with overall winning records because we clapped back? Poor guy. I never could stand people that could dish out something and not take it back. It's funny that Justin started our issue by chasing me down the hallway in Oakland after winning, but I state nothing but facts and he says I'm a whiner? Maybe your immaturity started this. GM Justin might want to thicken his skin from paper thin...Especially in this business.

This just boggles my mind...Oakland is in the playoff hunt and he takes time to talk about me? That's rich. That's absolutely rich. He realizes that the only chance he had to beat franchises run by GM Kirk and myself was to pick us off after we are cleaning up someone else's mess. He realizes that in a season or two, Oakland isn't going to sniff the playoffs. I'd go so far as to say he'll probably be in another franchise. He'll either A) get sloppy and turn in the wrong paperwork and blame everyone but the man in the mirror or B) his owner will get tired of him starting fights and crying when he gets knocked stiff like Graham did to Barbour.

I'm no psychologist, but I believe that's all this is. He knows what's coming. He knows this is his last hurrah for a playoff run in Oakland. If I were him, I'd want players to boycott my competition too. Especially when you have a track record for messing up and your rivals have a reputation for turning franchises around. I can understand GM Justin is afraid, and rightfully so, but there are more constructive ways to express it.

GM Justin was a pretty good guy until he tasted a little bit of victory. So I'm going to say something to the good guy who may be buried deep inside of him right now...Put your winners on the field. John Carr is a winner. Two straight conference championship games. Play to his strengths and you'll make the playoffs.

You're welcome.

Moving on. I'll take questions now.

With two weeks remaining in the regular season, what is your approach and why?

I'm wanting to see who wants to play football in our system. I love hard work and tough, clean football. I am very proud of our players for the past few weeks. We've played close football games. Las Vegas is a very talented franchise and for us to take them to the limit impressed me greatly. I'm proud of our coaches and our players. I believe we are going in the absolute right direction.

There is a rumor circulating that the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that is being finalized between the league office and players union will significantly change the HIFL for years to come.. What is one thing you would want to see added and one thing you would want to see removed from the league if you had the power to make it so.

First and foremost, I want expanded rosters. I wanted them earlier this year. I know some guys didn't want to jump on board with it mid-season, but I do want it asap. I think it's been proven that we needed expanded rosters due to injuries. Football ain't ballet. Giving more players an opportunity to follow their dreams is great as well.

I would like to see the two year cap penalties become a thing of the past. I can understand one year, but two years takes away money that could be given to players or used to improve the standing of a team in their local market. I've made mistakes and I have no problems paying for them, but in the current season. I would like to see the two year penalty stop hurting franchises, local fan bases, and players alike.

If your team had news this week, discuss it and your game this week, if you did not have news, how much stock do you put on these final two weeks when it comes to building momentum for next year?

I'm very proud of John Lynn and our Mermen team. He came out with laser like accuracy this week. We played a great football game against a playoff contender. It shows me the direction we are going. I believe these last two weeks are important for momentum because every week we are learning to play better as a team. We don't take plays off. We play tough, clean football.
------------------------
Close game, Coach. Close game. I like what we are doing.

I thought that Antonio James production would be better than it has been since we called him up. Is that because I put him in situations we don't often find ourselves in or is Gould just outplaying him and he's the better guy to have on the field?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: Today at 08:11:23 PM »

I think executives tend to put to much expectation on young players who need time, and by time I mean /years/ of coaching and adjustments to live up to the potential these executives read about in scouting reports.  ...but that's just me.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: Today at 10:11:09 PM »
That's a fair assessment, I just wondered if there was something currently happening that some training camp focus could help. I understand that he is a young player and that young players take time to develop.

Some players develop more rapidly than others do. Some, as you stated, Take time to reach their potential. Others  have an adverse environmental effect that hinders their growth or a lack of work ethic or competitive drive  to meet their potential.

The only way that I can get a proper assessment for players is by asking about how they are progressing or if there's something I can do to put them in a better position to succeed. I'm not meaning to put under stress on the coaching staff, I can only see statistics where you were down on the field with the players.

I will try to do a better job relaying my thoughts. If there is something I can do to help a player, I want to, because I want us to win. But if there is a player that you see that has a factor that is causing them mature more slowly I would like to know that, especially if we are going to need to find someone with more talent to win the ball games. I don't want to come across like I am hassling, I just want an assessment of how a player may or may not be progressing. There comes a time to cut bait or to resign a player who may not be producing on the field but you see if someone who's going to get there.

It is never my intention to get on your nerves. I just want our franchise to be the best that it possibly can be. I know our players are in good hands with you and your staff. But I have to sign players and resign players and I don't need to keep someone, and I'm not talking about Antonio James, on the team who you don't feel is going to contribute to the success of our team in any fashion. I understand that not every player is going to be a starter, there are backups and other players that are a benefit to a franchise. But there are some players who aren't or they aren't fitting in here. Being an executive is a challenge as well. As you stated, we see these scouting reports, and of course we want the players to meet that potential as soon as possible, but we do need to be realistic. But the coaching staff and the executives have to be able to communicate about pros and cons on specific players.  I want to be able to do that effectively, I am not going to pull a GM Lucas and just cut a guy after two weeks. I'd like to think I am more patient than that. If I have not been, then I apologize.

Let's talk about the game this week, I was very impressed with the play of LeBron Owen and John Lynn. I think that the trick plays added a new wrinkle that are going to cause defenses to stay honest. did you like the amount that we used, or do you think we could use just a few more? I don't want to go to the well one too many times, but if it's something that we can Excel at, I'd like for us to try to do that.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: Today at 10:36:32 PM »

I think we could use that package a little more. 

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: Today at 11:07:52 PM »
Let's move it up some. I appreciate you coach. Thank you for all your hard work.
---------
Ariel, Coach Brigham Is adding a few more trick plays (from 2-3 to 5-6) , other than that there are no more changes.

LOCK IN