Author Topic: TEAM : SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS  (Read 95340 times)

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS
« Reply #2500 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
S10 WEEK 6

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

This was a tough one. Maybe the team was due for a bit of a letdown, but it came crashing down this week. I want to give credit to St. Paul, though. They came out ready to play and got the job done. This is a temporary setback for us...

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I found the Tulsa situation pretty funny. It gave me a smile during a tough week. I like Franchise, so hopefully this is a solid learning experience for him.

3. (for all GM's but the two new GMs) What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

I congratulate all new GMs who have come or will come into our league. My advice would be to get a good handle on your team and the direction it is heading. If you are joining a potential playoff franchise, do what is needed to make your team better for this year. If you're joining a rebuilding franchise, stay the course. Build through the draft and with young players you can cultivate over time. In both scenarios, be patient and trust that you are on the right track.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

I think there's a few position groups we might take a hard look at, but I'd also like to know about the leadership abilities of the incoming class.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

I want to get a good grip on the rookies about to enter our league, and I want to get back on track...

I've gotten a bit arrogant the last few weeks, expecting victory instead of putting in the work and preparing to get the job done. My hope is that my overconfidence hasn't worn off on our team and made them complacent. This team got to where it is by working hard and not settling for anything less than greatness. That's the attitude I want to see, not what I've been showing as of late. Even after this tough loss, we're still 5-1 and tied for 1st in the division and conference. That's the key. But we need to be ready to put in the work, day in and day out, from the bottom of the organization all the way to the top. I need to get back to business and set a positive example for our team, and I know they have what it takes to do the work and be the best team in this league...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »

Your words resonated this week.. one of your best press conferences since I've been here. 

We'll get the team back on track, I'm confident of that.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
Thank you for the positive words, Coach. I really do think overconfidence from me may have rubbed off on the team, but I trust in you, the other coaches, and the team to work hard and get the ball rolling again...

Did you take any positives from this game?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 20, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »

Huh, not too much really.. This was a bad game for everyone.  I'd say Miggy Strong had a solid performance though, but that's about it.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.