Author Topic: TEAM : SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS  (Read 106679 times)

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS
« Reply #2500 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:29 PM »
S10 WEEK 6

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

This was a tough one. Maybe the team was due for a bit of a letdown, but it came crashing down this week. I want to give credit to St. Paul, though. They came out ready to play and got the job done. This is a temporary setback for us...

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I found the Tulsa situation pretty funny. It gave me a smile during a tough week. I like Franchise, so hopefully this is a solid learning experience for him.

3. (for all GM's but the two new GMs) What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

I congratulate all new GMs who have come or will come into our league. My advice would be to get a good handle on your team and the direction it is heading. If you are joining a potential playoff franchise, do what is needed to make your team better for this year. If you're joining a rebuilding franchise, stay the course. Build through the draft and with young players you can cultivate over time. In both scenarios, be patient and trust that you are on the right track.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

I think there's a few position groups we might take a hard look at, but I'd also like to know about the leadership abilities of the incoming class.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

I want to get a good grip on the rookies about to enter our league, and I want to get back on track...

I've gotten a bit arrogant the last few weeks, expecting victory instead of putting in the work and preparing to get the job done. My hope is that my overconfidence hasn't worn off on our team and made them complacent. This team got to where it is by working hard and not settling for anything less than greatness. That's the attitude I want to see, not what I've been showing as of late. Even after this tough loss, we're still 5-1 and tied for 1st in the division and conference. That's the key. But we need to be ready to put in the work, day in and day out, from the bottom of the organization all the way to the top. I need to get back to business and set a positive example for our team, and I know they have what it takes to do the work and be the best team in this league...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 12, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »

Your words resonated this week.. one of your best press conferences since I've been here. 

We'll get the team back on track, I'm confident of that.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
Thank you for the positive words, Coach. I really do think overconfidence from me may have rubbed off on the team, but I trust in you, the other coaches, and the team to work hard and get the ball rolling again...

Did you take any positives from this game?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 20, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »

Huh, not too much really.. This was a bad game for everyone.  I'd say Miggy Strong had a solid performance though, but that's about it.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: June 26, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »
Miggy did do well. It's been a quiet week here at the facility. I think I'll keep it that way to give the guys a bit of a mental break.

Let's get a W against your old squad, Coach...

------

Maggie, I'd like you to send this email out to all of our players...

------

Tough loss last week, gentlemen. But one we will bounce back from. I know this because I know how good you guys are. Every team has an off day. Yours was last week in St. Paul.

A tough stretch of games is coming up, but you are all up to the task. Play Knights' football and we'll be right back on track...

Have fun out there, and get the job done.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: June 29, 2018, 11:25:49 PM »

Another big win for our team. We made plays when we needed to, and it got the job done. Seeing a rookie kicker hit a 58 yarder with 3 seconds left to tie the game was huge. Bambi Ortiz is going to be a star kicker in this league, if he isn't already. Miguel Strong is also emerging as a big time threat for our team, giving us another dimension on offense. To keep the rookie thread going here, Jack Nguyen is playing great football as well. I get that Wilkinson had 2 sacks this week, but Jack had 5 tackles for loss and a sack... he was the defensive player of the game. Even with Alabama struggling at the moment, this is still a big win. They are a highly talented team, and it's never a given that you will get a win against them.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I think all of us should be addressing the Atlanta situation this week. Maximus Crowe had a decorated career as a fighter, but he went over the line here. I can speak somewhat from experience in this case, as I attempted to intimidate a coordinator once upon a time by threatening physical violence. While I didn't follow through, I can understand the mindset that led to Mr. Crowe's actions. However, he needed to check himself and stop before crossing the line, something I was able to do. I do believe that he's a good man, but he might have some things he needs to resolve before being able to fully utilize his skills in the business side of sports. As for Xavier Lucas, I am confident that his heart is in the right place. He's a good guy, and is always hustling to do what he thinks is right to make his team better. I respect that. But, you also need to respect your owner's wishes when you are General Manager. I think it's a lesson that Xavier will learn, albeit a very painful one. I hope his recovery is swift, and his career in HIFL is a long one. Thank god we didn't end up with another Eddie Phoenix level tragedy...

Seeing Omer Sasser miss three kicks is one of the most baffling on field events I've seen in HIFL. That guy is the gold standard for kicking, so his sudden lack of accuracy was shocking. I think the idea he'd tank a game so his old GM could win is ridiculous. GM Jon did a hell of a lot of good for DC, but he's not there anymore. Sasser wouldn't cost his team a game over past loyalties...

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

I think the Showcase was tremendous. Getting an early look at so many players, and getting a better feel for some of them from our scouting staff, was great and should make life easier come the draft. I hope we continue with the Showcase in future seasons.

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

With the bye week some of my fellow GMs must have relaxed a bit too much. It was odd to see so many errors in one week, but  I think it was an anomaly, not the norm. It's definitely a learning experience for those guys, and I should know. I've had plenty of those over the years...

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

I will discuss the possibility with our coaches. We may want to add some roster depth due to having an empty roster slot, but we also want our guys to get the maximum out of their development in Corpus Christi. No decisions have been made at this time.

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

Kansas City may not be quite as good as last year, but they are still a great team. They can score at any time, so our defense needs to be ready. On the other side of the ball we should be able to put up points as well. I expect a shootout type game, but I'm confident in our ability to get the job done.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 30, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »

That final drive of the 4th quarter was a thing of beauty. 2 minute drill, starting at our own 20.  Daley goes 6-6 on actual pass plays, spikes it 3 times to stop the clock when we needed it most.. and that field goal.  Boy, that was nice. Then to come out in OT and nto even give them the ball... KB with some nice runs, an 18 yard pass to Simon and then Lackey breaking off that 41 yarder for the walk off.. Thing of Beauty.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: July 01, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
Couldn't say it better, Coach.

How's our rushing offense looking to you? I know we are going to run a majority of pass plays each game, so our overall rushing yardage is going to be low, but how's our yards per rush? To me that's more important for us than total yardage...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »

KB's been average at best, 3.7 YPC which is up from the 3.4 he had last year, but still he's not got a single 20+ run, his longest this year is 13 yards.  He only had one last year, 24 yards.  He's just not getting that explosive play we saw when he was bouncing around Orlando and KC before we got him back in S7.  He's not averaged 4YPC or better since his first year here.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: July 05, 2018, 03:25:29 PM »
Hopefully it doesn't hurt us at some point this season.

Now, Kansas City... they are explosive on offense, but bad on defense. Will we have to rely on offense to win a shootout this week, or is our D strong enough to hold them in check?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: July 06, 2018, 01:50:55 AM »

If I could answer that I'd be making millions at the horse track, but I think we can slow them enough to get out to a lead and hold it.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: July 07, 2018, 09:20:15 PM »
Yeah, I guess I was asking for a bit much out of that question...

Should we employ any sort of special strategy to slow down Mariota?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: July 07, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »

I think we just play our game and try to knock him on his ass.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: July 07, 2018, 09:31:09 PM »
I like the confidence. I'll let you get to it, Coach. Beat them down out there...

------   

Let's talk to Miguel Strong.

------

Miguel, you're really emerging as a serious threat the last few games. I'm impressed with the strides you're making. Keep up the good work.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:11 PM »

Thanks boss, I appreciate the love.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: July 07, 2018, 09:45:33 PM »
You earned it. Keep up the good work.

------

Let's talk to Bambi Ortiz.

-----

Bambi, tremendous kick to tie the game last week. You could be our secret weapon down the line...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: July 07, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »

Yo soy el más chingon Kicker in HIFL! 

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: July 07, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Love the confidence.

How is "Perfecta Duda" going?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »

El espectáculo va genial, jefe. Estoy ganando tanto dinero y jodiendo a tantas mujeres, gracias a mi éxito!

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: July 07, 2018, 10:41:58 PM »
I'm going to try a bit of your language. I apologize if I don't say this correctly...

Es bueno escucharlo, sigue así y serás una gran estrella ...

----------------------------

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: July 13, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »

Tough loss. All game it looked like we'd get the win, but the TD at the end of regulation was like a kick in the gut. We made some big plays throughout the game, but we are a bit inconsistent as well on both sides of the ball. A few days of practice and Coach Action will have the squad on track...

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

I'm quite pleased with the first half, even with two losses in the last three games. We sit at 6-2, and it will be a challenge to get the division title with Vegas playing as well as they are, but it's a task that our team is ready to take on. As for standing out, I think the contributions of guys like Strong and Nguyen, who we didn't necessarily think would be big contributors as of yet, have been big in getting our team to this spot. I'm not unhappy with anyone's performance to date. This is a good football team.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

Grading my performance is something for our owner and outside pundits to do. I'm focused on getting positive results for our team. As for job security, that's up to ownership. I'd love to continue with the Knights, but it's ultimately not up to me. If we continue to be a top level team, however, I think I will get the opportunity to stay.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

Daley. Our offense is much more dynamic and threatening that it has been in the past. He leads the league in yards and completion percentage, and is near the top in touchdowns. He's been everything we asked for and more.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Tulsa. I thought this would be the year where they started to make a turnaround and challenge for the playoffs. Maybe trading Sullivan was too big a move for them to overcome this year.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

We always have to be willing to make a deal, but I'm not going to trade just for the sake of trading. If I find a move that will help us move close to our goal of an Impact Bowl, I'll make it.

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

I like the rule. There should be more of a risk/reward factor for exceeding the cap. I would have implemented the tax out of the salary end of the cap, not the PR, but that's not up to me. Overall I think it's a good rule.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Another big game coming up. The defending Champs. They're struggling a bit this year, and need a win to keep pace in the playoff race. We need to be ready for a hell of a fight. If we can get our offense back on track for four quarters of consistent, explosive play, like the first five weeks, we'll be just fine. Getting into the backfield and being physical with Pruitt and Martin will be a key for us...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: July 13, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »

Sir Digger of Graves!  HAUHAU!  We have been brilliant this season, so my evaluation shall be brief, You are doing very good this season we have competed with the best in the league and won many battles, Las Vegas is dominant this year, so finishing ahead of them is not as important as staying in the race for the division, that is the true goal.  Compete for the division crown and if we can win it, even better!  We are giving up more Points per Game than in years past, but it is a small concern as we continue to win. 

You are a brave Knight so Digger!  Go forth and protect the kingdom!

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 13, 2018, 08:03:15 PM »
Thank you, Sir Lance. Your support is greatly appreciated.

------

Let's talk to Coach Action.

-----

Coach, tough loss.

Is pass defense our biggest deficiency as a team? Mariota has struggled at times this year, but he carved us up...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: July 13, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »

I think that is a fair assessment.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 13, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
Other than acquiring new personnel at corner, is there anything we can do at this point?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »

Not particularly.  We've played with some things throughout, but not really getting the result we want.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 14, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »

Sorry to interrupt, but I believe someone here was asking to speak to me?

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 14, 2018, 08:31:55 PM »
Umm.... huh? Did someone drug me?

If not, wow. I'm honored you'd speak to me...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 14, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »

It's been awhile since you spoke to me, so I figured I'd better check in..  Some of your players talk to me regularly.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 14, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »
GM Gravedigger is still unsure if he's actually talking to Jesus, or if he needs to voluntarily enter himself into league drug testing. And if this is a hallucination, is Coach Action still in the room, listening to this conversation.... wait a second... If I am on something, is this being said out loud? Is Coach hearing all of this, wondering why his general manager is babbling on like an insane man that needs to be hospitalized? God, I hope this is really happening....

It's good to hear from you again. Things are going well these days. I've been pretty content with life and how it's going. I guess I haven't had a crisis of faith or anything like that recently. I hope are players have been content with their current lives as well...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 15, 2018, 10:18:14 AM »

..big man, Appreciate the help getting those rings.  Help us get another one?

THINGS GO BACK TO NORMAL LEAVING BOTH YOU AND YOUR COACH UNSURE IF IT WAS REAL OR A STRANGE SHARED DAYDREAM

...lets never speak of this?  Anyways, lets get that win.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 15, 2018, 11:04:45 PM »
Agreed. I've got some moves going on right now, Coach. I'll call you up when the roster is settled for the game...

------------

Let's talk to Deion Hester.

------------

Deion, I'd like to sign LB Faustino Villarreal for the remainder of the season. Is 500k acceptable?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 15, 2018, 11:06:05 PM »

Only if you can trade for him, he just signed with KC last week.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 15, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
I did not check the league transactions. Thanks for taking my call, Deion. I'm sure we'll speak plenty in the offseason...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »
Before you hang up...

Harry Andrews. Same offer...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: July 15, 2018, 11:12:26 PM »
DEAL

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 15, 2018, 11:17:54 PM »
Excellent. Have a good night, Deion.

--------------

Let's talk to Reggie Lawson.

------------

Reggie, we need a QB for our roster for the remainder of the season. Would you like to come in and play for the Knights for 500k?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »

Consider me signed!

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 15, 2018, 11:24:22 PM »
Great. Welcome to the Knights.

---------------

Maggie, I apologize for interrupting your evening, but after our earlier moves I need to go over the books a bit.

I have us with every needed spot filled, one open flex spot, 7 million in cap space, and 1.75 million in PR (2 million coming for offseason use)

Do these numbers sound correct?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: July 15, 2018, 11:38:47 PM »
7.75MM in salary, 1MM in PR

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:45 PM »
Thanks, Maggie.

---------------

Coach, obviously some changes this week...

I'll get the info set up for us, and you can get back to practice and get our boys ready for Rapid City. I think Berg could be a big addition for us...

---------------

Mark Berg to DE1, Jack Nguyen DE2.

Christopher Connor to LB3. Harry Andrews LB4.

Reggie Lawson to QB2.

All other roster/coaching decisions to be made by coaching staff.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: July 20, 2018, 11:33:00 PM »

Another good win for this team. We played a solid game on both sides of the ball. It doesn't matter that Rapid City's record is down this year. They are the two time defending champions, and when you beat the champs it's a notch in your belt. We ran the ball well, made some big plays in the passing game, and held their offense in check. A good effort all around for our team...

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team? 

It's an honor to have five of our players represent the Knights in the all-star game. All of them are deserving, along with some of our other players. One I was really glad to see get the nod was Bambi Ortiz. Statistically he's the best kicker in the league this year, but I wasn't sure if his success would be rewarded. I was also pleased that GM Kirk picked Botts. Cornerback is a deep position in the West, but I feel like he deserved one of the team's spots. His stats may not wow like others, but he's a game changer back there for us. Daley, Simon, and Jack have also all shown themselves to be deserving of their selections. It will be a great game for the Knights when our guys show what they can do...

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

The situation in Alabama is certainly surprising. I thought of them as one of the favorites to win it all this year, but even with a down year I would not expect Pancho to be fired. I hope things change and he stays on board. And if they let Ortega enter free agency because Pancho isn't there, that's a silly decision. That guy is a legit quarterback. They're not easy to find.

As for the piece on our team... yes, the Berg trade and the XFL transfer weren't necessarily on our radar, but I made those moves because I think they will strengthen us as a whole for the second half of the season. If anyone on our team was surprised by the moves, or upset that a friend of theirs was traded, I am sorry that you are hurt by these moves. But I did them to get us to the next level, and I truly believe that we are a stronger roster than we were before this past week. If anyone on our team truly has an issue with the moves, I want them to know my door is always open for a discussion with our players...

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Orlando is a dangerous team, and will be hungry to win after this week's loss. Patton is a hell of a QB, and we will need to play our best to slow him down. But we are dangerous as well, and need to keep within striking distance of Las Vegas to get another division title, and hopefully home field advantage in the playoffs. This is a challenge, but we'll be ready...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: July 21, 2018, 04:19:04 PM »

7-2, two wins away from a guaranteed winning season, and a 3 game lead in the wild cards, Just a game out of first place... It's all looking good.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: July 21, 2018, 04:47:09 PM »
Agreed. Great season so far.

How are the guys feeling about the roster moves? Any concerns about reactions?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: July 21, 2018, 06:32:24 PM »

There were some mutterings about moving Deal, but the win stemmed a lot of that..

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: July 21, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
Good. I hope the guys realize it was performance, not personal.

It was nice to see Berg make an early impact. How's he fit in with the team?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: July 21, 2018, 07:53:53 PM »

So far he fits right in.  He's happy to have a shot to compete. He's been used to having his season over by now.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: July 22, 2018, 01:14:06 PM »
Good.

Something that stuck out to me was the solid effort in the running game. Was it a product of Rapid City's defense, or a step up from our guys?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: July 22, 2018, 01:36:18 PM »

I don't have a magic eight ball to ask. I hate that question, in a vacuum anyone can suck for one game or dominate for one game, but I can't sit here afterwards and tell you if it was because they suck or because we're good.  We've got the same data to look at and base our decisions on.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: July 22, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
I am sorry if my question frustrates you. I can't figure it out either. I guess I was hoping you had more of an idea...

On to Orlando. Everybody knows that Patton is a threat. He's one of the best in the league. But who else do we need to focus on to slow them down?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion