Author Topic: TEAM: RAPID CITY INFERNO  (Read 98571 times)

GM Gates

• Impact Bowl 8 & 9 Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • 2x Impact Bowl Champion
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: RAPID CITY INFERNO
« Reply #2350 on: July 01, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »
The only thing I could see changing is the blitz, but nothing personnel wise. But if you feel like everything is as it should be, then we should be good to go for our next game.

It was nice to see Pruitt find the end zone through the air though, nice to see our passing game get back on track. In regards to that, I was wondering...Vegas has a tough defense, is there anything to changing who our primary receiver is? Would we actually gain anything by doing that?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:44 PM »

Against a team with a weak corner, I'd say we do that, but with Mullins, Barkley, and Mojica they have one of the best trio's of corners in the league, so I don't think it would help much in this case.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 01, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »
Thats what I was afraid of. Alright we will roll with what weve been doing and hope our defence can hold them at bay.

Speaking of the defence, with the trade deadline coming up, I was wondering about upgrades. Obviously defense is where we can try and upgrade and I assume you and Coach Barbour have discussed this to some degree...is there a position you and the staff think we need to upgrade at? Or would we be alright holding tight?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 01, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »

I think to really have a strong chance we need another corner, but their is still hope that Richmond gets a little better in the defense, but It's just a struggle we're having to deal with at a hard time.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 02, 2018, 06:33:58 AM »
Youre right coach. It is tough especially at this time.

Im thinking of sending Richmond for a little extra positional practice this week, see if that helps spark something in him. I know before you said that really all we can do is wait and see, maybe get lucky with a speech, but do you think hed be accepting of extra practice?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: July 02, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »

I don't think he'd argue, but he's not a hard worker, so I don't know how much he's going to gain from it.  Not saying not to try it, but he's a slow learner.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: July 02, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »
Thats fair coach. I only ask because its looking more and more unlikely that we are able going to be able to trade for an improvement so was hoping that we could work in house to try and get him on track.

Beyond that though coach, I dont think theres anything else to discuss. Unless you have anything pertaining to this past weeks game or next weeks that you want to talk about.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: July 02, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »

Nope, I'm good.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:16 PM »
Excellent then I will let you get back to practice.

Coach Wright please.

Coach, I know Vegas is tough all over on defense, and while we have found success with more passing, I was thinking of maybe leaning slightly more on the run. Looking back at some of their games this seasons, teams seemed to have better success on the ground. Admittedly its limited. It would likely be the same splits weve been using, just flipped. Whats your thoughts on it?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: July 02, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »

Sounds like a solid plan.  Clearly its going to be hard with the #1 defense in football, but we've got to try something.  Although our run game hasn't been as solid as our pass game, which ranks 3rd in the league.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 02, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
Do you think we are better off relying on that 3rd ranked pass game? Im just worried about throwing into that three headed monster at cornerback...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 04, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »

I think we go at it with a balanced approach, that way if they do stop the run, we aren't just banging our heads against the wall.. but if we get success with the run, it will help the pass game open up

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: July 04, 2018, 09:56:36 PM »
Sounds good to me, coach.

Thanks for the input. For now, I will let you get back to practice.

Ashley, Richard Council please.

Richard, awesome job out there this past week. That return touchdown was fantastic to watch, you scorching through the Lynx. How are you feeling in your first season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 06, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »

I'd like to be on the field more, obviously, but I enjoy returning kicks, so getting that one out there last week was a great payoff for a lot of hard work.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: July 06, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
Youve been working hard, Richard and making the most of every touch you get and it hasnt gone unnoticed. Keep up the good work out there.

I will let you get back to practice.

Ashley, Coach Barbour please.

Alright coach, I made a move to give us a bit more help at cornerback by acquiring Pullen. If anything, it will give us some depth to play with going forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 06, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »

I Love it.  Big move to add an impact player.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: July 06, 2018, 03:15:46 PM »
That was my thinking and who knows maybe some competition will light a fire in Richmond.

Im assuming we are on the same page that Pullen goes in as the CB2 with everyone else sliding down.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: July 06, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »

Absolutely!  I'm also going to add some dime formation looks when teams are in must-pass situations, get all four of our corners out there and hopefully make some big time plays.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
I can see the gears starting to turn about all the possibilities.

While I have you, do you see any other areas we should likely improve upon? I had thought Linebacker, but with Salmon due back in a few weeks, we could always slide Gaskins back if we felt we needed more help there. Getting Salmon back is almost a trade in itself.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 06, 2018, 10:02:25 PM »

I think we're solid now.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: July 06, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
Awesome. I will let you get to practice coach.

Ashley, if hes available, can I speak to Randall Pullen?

Mr. Pullen, I just wanted to welcome you to Rapid City. I know it might be a bit different then Tombstone, but Im sure you will fit right in. We are glad to have you on board going forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 07, 2018, 01:44:45 AM »

Man, dem boys in Tombstone weres the only ones dat gave me a shot when I left tha APL.  Been wit dem boys since S6 man, ain't gone be the same playing for a new team, but ya know, you da champs, so lets get dat ring mane.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 07, 2018, 09:21:59 PM »
I can understand that, Randall. Hopefully we will be able to make this place feel like home for you. But I won't take up too much more of your time. I will let you go and get acclimated in practice.

---------

Ashley, the coaches please.

---------

Alright, gentlemen, I made a trade to improve our defensive backs. Hopefully that gives us a bit of a shot going forward. As discussed, we will go with a more balanced offensive approach, and hopefully we can give the Scorpions a run for their money. It won't be easy, but I think we should be able to test them. Let's go out and take the sting out of the Scorpions.

Rotation: Mostly Starters
Tempo: Very Fast
Strategy/Depth Chart Changes:

Run/Pass Ratio: Balanced (as discussed with Coach Wright / Coaches Decision)
CB1: Alonso Lightner, CB2: Randall Pullen, CB3: James Richmond, CB4: Steven Cuevas

Ralph Nutter back to starting lineup

Everything else coaches decision.

In-Season Training Schedule
- 2 hours Position Training
- 0 hours Athletic Training
- 0 hours Physical Training
- 0 hour Film Study

Players:
James Richmond

Lock In

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: July 13, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

Thats a tough game to lose. We battled Las Vegas all game long, went shot for shot almost, but in the end we came up just short. Kind of an unlucky way too since 99 times out of 100 Hernandez makes that kick to win the game. There are positives to take away from the game though like putting up 29 points on a historically good defense, which could of been more of it was any other defense. Richard Council stuns once again with another return touchdown. All in all we played a good game just came up a bit short at the end. There are definitely things to build off of going forward.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

Not quite where we wanted to be halfway through the season, but its not the end of the world. The way we have played recently, we should be able to right the ship and make a serious charge for the playoffs. It wont be easy but I have faith that this team can come out guns blazing in the second half.

Who has stood out? In the flurry of injuries that have hit us, Morris Kennedy has stepped up to be a big contributor on our defensive line. Hes been a pleasant surprise for us and has opened up some possibilities down the road. Jason Webb continues to light up the opposition with tackles trailing only Larry Stevens in that department.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

We might not be able to satisfy all of the owners expectations, but I think we can still satisfy most of them. We sit 4-4 but there are still a lot of games to play. We have to chase down a few teams to get further, but its not an impossible task.

As for myself, Id likely rate my performance as decent, around a B- somewhere in there. I had some missteps early this season but I think that since then weve got this team pointed in the right direction.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

Seeing what he did against us, its hard not to pick AMC. Hes got talent in spades and when he gets the chance he really shows it. Seeing it first hand really shows you how good he is.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Seattle and St. Louis. Both have talent on their rosters but going into the season I didnt think they would sit first and third in our division. I thought St. Louis would struggle and Seattle would sit middle of the pack. They have both definitely surprised me.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

We made a deal last week to bring in a player so I think we are going to hold tight and move forward with what we currently have on our roster. We should also be getting Salmon back soon which is a trade in itself.

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

Its an interesting new development, and I think it will benefit the league. It will likely cut back on the salary trades around the league, and might have some rethinking trades at this deadline.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

We take on the San Antonio Knights. Theyve had a great season and are definitely a force for us to take on. To have success we are going to have to make sure our defense is on point, and contain their offense. Keep the pressure on Daley and force him into some bad choices. For us, we will need to spread the ball around, to keep their defense off their game. These are both things we should be able to do, and it should result in a win for us.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 13, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

GM Gates, its been a tough year my boy... I understand that. Sometimes you can't roll that 7, you get  ZONK and right now we've had our fair share of ZONKS.   ..However you have not officially failed any of our goals yet, so I will not give you a hard time, I trust you to right the ship and get us back where we want to be.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 13, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »
We definitely have had our fair share of ZONKS, but I know we can right this ship and get us back to where we all want us to be. Thank you for your support and as long as we can avoid the ZONKS, we should have something to cheer about.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 13, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »

Absolutely right my boy!  Injuries have plagued us this year, but we're getting healthy.  I trust in you, so I'll leave you to your work.  We'll talk after the season.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 13, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
Thank you again sir. Take care.

Ashley, can you send coach McCarthy in now?

Well coach, not the outcome we wanted but I think there are positives to take from the game against Vegas. If that kick is made things are different, but we still had some good things happen. The defense had good moments, our offence found ways to move the ball and score against a tough defense.

Going forward, weve got a tough task ahead of us, but I think we can play some good games, win, and get to the playoffs. I want to get to the playoffs.

So lets get down to brass tacks, whats stopping us from doing so? Has it just been the injuries weve had that have made it harder to get as a team or is there something more?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

I haven't changed anything scheme-wise, so its either losing personnel to trades, injury, and free agency, or some of our guys getting complacent after being the best for two straight seasons.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 13, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
It could be a combo of those for sure. I plan to give a bit of a rallying speech to the team before we head to the game. See if maybe I can light  a fire under them.

It is nice to know we are close to being fully healthy. And when we get Salmon back it will be a big boost.

Hopefully all of that will get us on track.

What were your thoughts from this past game?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 13, 2018, 07:46:53 PM »

We played the top team in the league and had them beat.. Plenty to like there.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:34 PM »
That was my thought too.

Now we play San Antonio who is also having a good year. I believe they struggle against the pass more this year so maybe we should look to air it out more. How do you feel we stack up?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 13, 2018, 10:54:19 PM »

They are 10th vs the Run and 9th vs the Pass so they are pretty balanced.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 13, 2018, 10:57:54 PM »
Ah well then perhaps we will leave our attack balanced and make them worry about them both. It seemed to work well enough against Vegas.

How did Pullen look in his first game for us?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:39 PM »

There were the expected stumbling blocks for a guy in a new system, but overall I thought he gave us some quality snaps.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:55 AM »
Excellent, good to hear. With more practice and more games it should get even better.

Apologies for being all over the place with my questions Coach, just eager to get things back on track and last week showed me its on he brink of being there.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 14, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »

No problem son, I understand.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 14, 2018, 03:04:45 PM »
Alright coach, that's all I had to ask you today. If anything else comes up, I will let you know. For now I will let you get back to practice.

---------

Ashley, Jose Pruitt please.

---------

Jose, how are you doing? I know this season might not be going as we are accustomed to, but there are still lots of games left to get things going. How are you feeling about the season so far?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 14, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »

It's been tough but I'm trying to stay positive for the rest of the team.  I'm having my worst season of my career and its frustrating to think Im holding the team back..  I just want to make the plays we need to make to climb back into the hunt.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 14, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
That's my goal too, everyone making the plays that need to be made to get us back and keep us in the hunt. There are still lots of games to do that in. I wouldn't say you are holding the team back at all - we've been ravaged by injuries which I think caught up to us at points.

Is there anything I can do to help out a bit? As one of the captains on the team, I wanted to get your thoughts, see if maybe there's something going off the field I can help with.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 14, 2018, 06:27:34 PM »

Nothing that I know of boss.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 14, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Alright, thanks for taking the time to stop by and speak with me. I will let you get back to practice.

Ashley, Alonso Lightner please.

Alonso, how are you doing? Youve had a great season so far and are really a big catalyst for the defense. I wanted to take a moment now that we are at the halfway point, check in with you as the captain and see how you felt things were going.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 14, 2018, 06:49:15 PM »

Man, we've been under performing like crazy, no excuse for us to be 4-4.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 14, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »
I agree. I think last week was a good sign for us going forward so hopefully we can build off of it going forward.

Do you see any reasons why we might be struggling? I know its not something to normally ask a captain but perhaps you have some information I dont.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 14, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »

Na man, I mean no doubt we missed Luis on the opposite side of the defense, and missing guys like Bright, but man... I dont know.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 14, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
I can understand that. Im hopeful Pullen can bring in some out what Luis did across from you. Anyways, thanks for stopping by to talk, Alonso. I will let you get back to practice.

Coach Wright please.

Coach, I gotta say, putting up 29 on Vegas was nice. Seems like you balanced idea worked in the regard of moving the ball more. What did you think of the game?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 15, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »

The interceptions will killers, just wish we could have those back.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 15, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
I agree. I guess that's the risks playing against a defense like Vegas'. I think against a lot of others, we don't run into those interceptions.

I'm going to leave things the same this week against San Antonio. I'm hopeful we can build off of what happened last week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 15, 2018, 10:37:29 AM »

Sounds good.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 15, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »
Alright, I will let you get back to practice.

---------

Ashley, can you gather the entire team and coaching staff on the practice field?

---------

Gentlemen, I know this season hasn't gone as we thought it would. But there are still a lot of games left for us to show why we are two time champions. To remind them all just how dangerous we can be. Because when I look around I see a team that is still capable of winning championships.

We have a defense that can keep other offenses in check, and an offense that can score points at will. And now that we are healthy, we can see all of that through. We can go out there and forge our way towards history. Towards a third title in a row.

I know we have the talent to do so, I know we have the personnel to do so. I believe in each and every one of you. So lets go out there and light up the Knights. Let's go out there and scorch some Earth like we know we can. Lets go out there and win!

'Flame On' on three..

FLAME ON!

----------

Tempo: Very Fast
Rotation: Mostly Starters
Strategy/Depth Chart Changes:

Run/Pass Ratio: Balanced (as discussed with Coach Wright last week / Coaches Decision)

Everything else coaches decision.

Lock In