Author Topic: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX  (Read 116791 times)

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ST. PAUL LYNX
« Reply #2650 on: December 09, 2018, 08:45:56 AM »
"Bobby Shapiro, please."

--

"Bobby, P Shane Castleberry. We'd like to sign him 1 one year, $500k."

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 09, 2018, 09:09:41 PM »
DEAL
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 10, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »
Last two pieces of business:

Elsa, we need to sign two draft picks -- please get the representation for these players on the phone with these deals:

WR Wayne Hodge -- 3 years, $1.5m
CB James Blocker - 1 year, $500k

Thanks.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 10, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »

My man Hodge will sign that deal, even if you did leave his ass out in the cold.

So I tried to offer your contract to Blocker, but since we locked in without signing him he was a free agent and signed in Orlando, bummer.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 10, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »
"Thanks."

--

Coaching staff has control over depth chart.
Lock in for preseason.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: December 15, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
S11 - PRE-SEASON

1. What did you gather from your preseason games?

"I knew already but it was confirmed -- that we have a dynamic set of playmakers on both sides of the ball. However, that's not enough for success: we've got to tighten up some areas before we're going to be a truly, complete team. I thought for Tuilagi's first HIFL action, he competed and made some plays that show he's got the potential to be a rock star in this league. Martin Back and Adrian McCaffrey are unbelievable talents. The OL looks to be ahead of the curve. Defensively, we had some solid individual efforts with our LB core being the best in the HIFL, in my opinion. We have a couple young defensive backs that are only going to get better -- Logue and Cantrell really help lead us on the back end and are going to be indispensable as coaches on the field."

2. How much stock do you put into your teams preseason performance?

"We're not worried about wins and losses in the preseason -- it's about development. Are our young guys getting better? Are they learning from their mistakes? That's what's important. Getting guys accustomed to the speed of the game -- it' vastly different from college and other professional sports. It's a process, and I believe we have the right staff in place to help them adjust and adapt."

3. What is your primary and secondary goal this season, personally?

"Personally? It's getting back to the conference championship game. I won't lie to you and say it's been an easy offseason. When I took over St. Paul, we were officially in cap hell. I think we've successful navigated that and put together a team that has the potential to be dangerous. Secondly, we want protect our home field. We believe St. Paul has the greatest fans in the world ... and they deserve a show every time they purchase a ticket to one of our games."

4. Who impressed you the most on your own team in the pre-season?

"McCaffrey. No doubt about it. I've seen him from afar in my previous runs in the HIFL, but up close? He's on a different planet. I knew he had game changing speed but he's a guy that can churn out the tough yards -- the attitude runs that you want to see from your running back. He's a very big part of our plan here and we're looking forward to the type of season he's going to have."

5. With the start of the season finally here, what do you expect from your players in week one?

"Toughness. St. Paul isn't going to be a team that necessary runs by you -- we're going to run through you. I want to see the opposing team with their hands on their knees and sucking wind because we've run it down their throats. Toughness is the word we're going to embrace this season and if we truly buy in, it could be a special season in St. Paul."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 16, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »

I do not take the score against Tulsa very seriously.. We lost Fetu and Tuilagi early with injuries and kept them out to be ready for opening weekend.. We gave up some big plays, but I believe coach Ito will iron out those kinks.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 16, 2018, 06:17:48 PM »
I agree. Its a long season ... Im not interested in overreacting. Were playing a long game, not week to week. Are you still as high on Tuilagi as our QB as I am?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 16, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »

Yes, I am. I expect highs and lows this season, but I think he just needs to play and get HIFL experience good or bad.  If you're able to commit to this year as a learning year, it could pay off big for him, in my eyes.