Author Topic: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS  (Read 74456 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MUSIC CITY KINGS
« Reply #1850 on: February 22, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »

I plan on continuing to coach, barring any unforeseen events.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 25, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »

I am pleased to announce that I have been promoted to Head Coach and Interim General Manager for Season 10. 

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 03, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »

Hello and welcome. For those who may not know who I am my name is Wesley Bennett but most of you can just call me GM Bennett. Some of you may remember me from my days in the NCAA when I played for the Miami Hurricanes. Last time you may have saw me on the gridiron I was a star tight end with a dream of making it into the HIFL and then those dreams vanished in a blink of an eye thanks to me blowing out my knee in the middle of a bowl game. As you can see I did not let that injury keep me down for long. Iíve went on to get my MBA and started a sports marketing firm. Iíve done pretty well for myself needless to say. Throughout all those years I have kept my dream of being part of the HIFL and now here I am. Given an opportunity to be a General Manager one of many fantastic franchises the league has to offer.

Yes, the rumors are true I did turn down the job for the Tombstone Outlaws to come here to Nashville instead. Make no doubt about it I wouldíve loved to be part of the Outlaws organization with all they were offering me but I felt that I could achieve my goals here in Music City a little bit more efficiently with the shorter time given to me to do so. Music City Kings has a fabulous roster and coaching staff that I will like to see grow. I have goals in mind and one of those is to build a successful team that is built and ready for the playoffs. How long they may take? Only the man upstairs truly knows that answer but I plan to do my best to reach that goal and the Impact Bowl Championship game.

Now, enough about me letís get on to business shall we?

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

From watching the game I seen we did a lot of things right on the offensive side of the ball. Michael Meek and an exceptional game throwing for 257 yards and completely half of his throws which canít call be blamed on him. Sometimes guys just gotta catch the ball or sometimes itís just the other team playing damn good defense. We have to be ready for these sort of things to happen because they will happen. As well as Meek throwing an interception. Again thatís not on him thatís just good defense. Our rushing attack was decent with both Pugh & Sibley getting into the endzone. Some good things going on here on offense but what about the wrongs?

The wrongs of this game are A. Too Many Penalties. Way too many with those loss of yards. We canít make these kind of mistakes. We canít make things harder on us than it may already be. I believe the penalties are what killed us this game more than anything. The other thing I didnít like too much was this inability to convert on third down. We were only able to convert three out of the 12 attempts. Three. Thatís inexcusable in my book. We have to convert. We have to get us a fresh set of downs and yards. We have to minimize our mistakes and play good Kings football and this team can turn itself around easy.

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

This upcoming week we will be taking on the Seattle Lumberjacks. This will be a tough outing to say the least as we all know they have a truly dominate run game. The toughest thing we will have to prepare for is to stop the run and limit their opportunities to make plays. You kill the run, you damage the pass. Simple as that. I believe our guys will go out and play hard this week to try and get us our first win of the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »

GM Bennett, good to meet you.  The name is Bill Crowder.    I'm the head coach here.  My main specialty is defense, having been the mastermind behind the Alabama Nighthawk dynasty's defense during the early years in the league. 

Anything you need to know about this team, I should be able to help you with, so just let me know what you need to know.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 03, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »

Hello Coach Crowder, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Knowing that your specialty is defense brings a joy to my heart if I'm gonna be honest with you coach. I want us to have a gold mine at defense going forward. Our offense seems to already be really good. We'll just having to keep growing going forward.

In your opinion how do you see our team in your eyes, coach? Shoot it to me straight.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 04, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »

We have been ravaged by a string of half-ass GM's ever since GM Justin left us for "greener pastures."  ...that didn't work out so well for him by the way.

We spent the 13th pick in the draft on Michael Meek at QB, h's been solid but not spectacular so far, averaging 265 yards per game but he needs to work on becoming more consistent.   He has all the tools though, so we view him as a high-ceiling player..

Our RB corps has great depth with Melvin Pugh and Shayne Sibley both being starter-caliber backs. Both are averaging 5+ per carry right now and they compliment each other very well.

On the offensive line, Robert Sapp is our top guard prospect, he's in his fourth season and is still perfecting playing guard.  He has the talent to play, but in college he played all over the line so he never mastered one discipline, but he has the upside to continue to improve.  DeMarcus Montgomery is our other starting guard and while he is a strong run blocker, his conditioning and unrefined pass protection game make him a replaceable asset down the road.  He's getting the job done for now, but if a guard upgrade becomes available in the future, I believe its worth the investment.

John Boss is a starting tackle of ours and he's the model of inconsistency.  He's a great leader on the team, but his play doesn't match on most days.  He's a guy who can go all year without giving up more than 10 total sacks, or he can give up ten over 5 games...  He's not great in the run game either, so that's another spot I'd look to upgrade.

Meanwhile on the left side, we have Mark Prince who is deservedly our top paid offensive lineman.  He's got a great blend of strength and technique, plus as great as he is, he's still getting better and will continue to do so.  I see him a future top 5 Tackle,  He's 26 and in his 4th season, so don't let him go, period.

Our starting Center is Gordon Seymore, a 2nd round pick this year who has already proven his worth, only allowing one sack so far this year and playing great football.  He's a keeper, and on a 3 year/3MM deal, he's a great value for us right now.

Our tight ends suck, period.

Now to round out the offense, lets talk receivers...

We have a talented duo of starters in Matthew Grover and James Van Driver.    Grover is a 5th year guy and at 28 he's proving to be a talented producer giving us around 95 yards per game right now.  We got him in a trade during the off-season from Rapid City. He was their WR3 each of the last two-years and even as the WR3 put together 986 and 873 yard seasons with 6 and 7 TDs in those years.  He does have some drop issues, having already dropped 7 balls for us this year, but he's a home run hitter when he gets the ball and already has 9 of his 23 catches going for 20+

JVD is a corner turned WR, also from Rapid City.  We picked him up in free agency last year and he gave us 34 catches for 595 yards and 8 TDs as the WR3, he's got amazing speed but still-developing hands.  He's only 23 and in his 4th year, and so far this year he's got 18 catches for 496 yards and  TDs with 5 plays of 40+  one of them being an 83 yard catch and run.  Talk about electric, that's this kid to a "T"

Beyond those two though, our WR depth is awful. So an injury could really hurt us.

...Any questions here before I cover the defense?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 06, 2018, 10:07:08 AM »
No go on coach. This will all help me make decisions going forward on how to improve our team in the long run.

After you tell me about our defense i'll get us locked and ready for this upcoming week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »

Alright no problem... so lets talk Corners.

Paul Camacho is a young kid we got from Vegas, where he played as a nickle during his rookie year.  This year he's started for us and has collected a couple of INTs and had to pile up some tackles, a lot of those come from some of the holes in his game and giving up catches. He's got a lot to work on, but he's only in his second year and is a former 2nd round pick.

Alfred Maggard is our CB1 and is in his 3rd year with the team, 5th year in the league.  He's been a starter for us ever since arriving.  He's been consistent over his career, never being a big turnover guy, but being a solid corner.  He's already broken up 6 passes this year, which ties his total from last year, so we see him as a great piece of the defense.

James Cochran is a 3rd year guy who hasn't show munch promise.  he's an expiring deal, so nothing too special to worry about long term.

At linebacker, we have rookie Michael Burger, a 2nd round pick who has already piled up 39 tackles and 7 TFLs, forced 2 fumbles, recovered 2 fumbles, and scored 3 sacks.    He's looking like a great pick for us and should anchor the corps for years to come.

We also have Carroll Lang, a 10th year veteran who is everything you want in a leader and veteran.  He's shown no signs of slowing down, having gotten better statistically each year over the last 5 seasons, but he is likely at his peak now.  Great player to lean on.

Our other veteran backer, Chris "The Tacklebot" Blevins is in his 14th season and has been with us for 5 years now.  He's shown signs of decline, but still has averaged 80 tackles and 10 sacks a year over the last 3 years. He is in the final year of his deal.

We also have Marvin Mata, 4th year guy in his 2nd year with us.  He's our 4th starting LB, 50 tckles, 6 sacks last year and so far 11 tackles this year.  He isn't asked to do a ton, but he is eager to keep producing for us, so I like his work ethic but he is in his final year with the club.

At DT we have expensive-yet-talented Tony Stacy, a big strong space eater who might not stuff the stat sheet, but he impacts the game regardless.

Behind him we aren't very deep. We have 7th round pick Augustus johnson who hasnt done much in his five games with the team, and former 2nd round pick Franklin Sanderson Last year he started every game as the DT2 and gave us a tackle per game and 3 sacks on the year... not too impressive from a 4.5MM per year investment.

at DE, William Donaldson is our top player, he's a strong run supporter who is fast enough to rush the passer. He had 11 sacks last year and so far his year has 3 so far.  He has an outstanding motor and work ethic.

Across from him is our 3rd round pick this year, Kyle Smith.  He's a 6'8 long body but his speed has been underwhelming and he's had some struggles due to a less than ideal work ethic.

Our strong safeties are lacking.  Rick Bradshaw is a 4th year guy who is a good leader but hasn't been a stellar player.  He's a first-time starter, and so far hasn't done a ton to impress, but the youngster behind him, Josh Houston is even more underwhelming. 

We've been playing both of our FS's regularly, which has helped negate Bradshaw being a "starter"  Rafael Caldwell is a 2nd round pick from this past draft and has stepped in nicely with 33 tackles a sack and 2 pass break ups. Vincent Wright is a 4th year guy with starter experience.  He hasn't been as dynamic as Caldwell, but he is faster and more athletic than the strong safety options we have.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 06, 2018, 10:06:14 PM »

Lemme ask you something...Do you think Blevins would want to finish his career here in Nashville?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 06, 2018, 11:41:04 PM »

I don't see why not. He's been here most of his career and is a big part of the community.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: June 07, 2018, 12:41:03 AM »

Alright coach. Just so we can move on to our lock in...

Can you tell me what our Offense focus is in terms of Passing, Balanced or Rushing? I'd want us to be balanced and rush a little more than we do pass.

And with defense are we looking at a 3-4 or a 4-3 formation?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 07, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

We run a balanced offense overall, and defensively we run a 3-4 base defense that blitz's around 45-55% of the time.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 07, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »

NODS

Sounds good to me. Let's Lock In.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 10, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »

Hello and welcome back ladies and gentlemen. I believe I got a long day ahead of me so let's go ahead and knock this out.

This week's game against Seattle started out pretty good for us. We were competing and even held the lead from second all the way to the third after only allowing a field goal in the first. Unfortunately we lost that lead in fourth dramatically after allowing not one but three rushing TD's. And along with that Seattle played good defense allowing for us not to answer back with any kind of score for the rest of the game. We knew that Seattle's rushing attack was gonna be a fury to deal with coming into this game and it's pretty clear that we just got outmatched with it's all said and done. The positives I can note is that our guys played hard. Meeks threw the ball pretty good and didn't get discouraged by dropped nor tipped passes. Or even his one interception. He kept slinging that ball all like he knows how. I believe Michael will become a star QB in this league in due time. He's only a rookie and he's putting up quality numbers. He's gonna grow over time and you're gonna see a dramatic change within his completion and attempt ratio. One of the key negatives of this game was our third down conversions. Much of the same of last week. I believe we have a good enough offense to convert this third downs but we're just not executing.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Rookie Showcase is upon us. This is one of the things both the Kings & Outlaws wanted me in the first place. I'm here to build a team into a winning franchise and one of those key components to do that is within the draft. The showcase is something that is certainly appealing to me because it will allow for me to get a chance to see our upcoming draft class up close and personal so I can see who will fit our organization the most. I can't wait for it and you had better bet your backsides I'll be in the front row watching each and every player as closely as I possibly can.

3. What do you bring to the table as a GM in the HIFL?  Do you expect early success?

As a new GM in the HIFL I bring a sense of the game that some executives don't. I've played the game at a high level. I've dealt with the highs and the lows of this sport. Along with that hands on experience I have a successful background. Put those two together I have the mindset of what it means to build a team that will help lead us to greener pastures in the long run as well as keeping us financially equipped to deal with anything that comes our way. I want the best for our team in both spectrums.

I do not expect early success. There's a lot we have to work on before we can see ourselves getting to where we want to be. I believe in due time we'll be back to being an undeniable force in this league. Just takes time. We look around this league and we see what we're up against. We know the challenges we must face before we are able to reach our goal to become a playoff team. I believe by my third year, we'll be where we want to be.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

I plan to target all of thee above. If you have the skills a particular position I think will beneficial to the Kings team in order for us to succeed I'm gonna want you. If you present a personality that I feel screams Music City, I want you. All of these things come into play when it comes for teams wanting to bring in talent. I believe if you're just focusing on one thing then you're not actually looking in the best interest of your team and organization. I have to take all factors into consideration not just one or the other.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

With this bye week I hope to talk to a few of the guys and our coaching staff before myself and Coach Crowder head off to the Rookie Showcase. Hopefully with this time off Kevin Caldwell's hand can get back to being one hundred percent healthy. I just want our guys to be able to work on getting better on & off the field. I was always told you have to be strong up here...

POINTS AT HIS HEAD

...Before you can be strong out there on the field and experience success. We're getting there. We're a young team and have a lot to learn.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 11, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »

Good work with the press, sucked to see the team collapse in the second half, but we both knew we had improvements to make.   

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 12, 2018, 12:28:12 AM »

Yeah, at least we have this bye week to try and readjust. Despite our loss I liked what we were able to achieve up until the fourth quarter. I don't know what exactly happened but it was like we were lifeless in the fourth.

Any other positives you can see that came out of this game, coach? Anything you thing you think we should work on going forward?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 12, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »

We ran out of gas in the fourth quarter and the momentum just became too much to overcome for them, I think.   

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 13, 2018, 01:05:05 AM »

Understandable. Hopefully some rest can fuel this guys back up and we can get after it in Week 8.

Alright in terms of this rookie showcase, I've already said I'm looking at anything and everything basically...But more importantly I think I'm gonna be looking at TE's, Receivers any and all defensive positions. I believe if we're gonna get anywhere in the future these are the areas we should focus on mainly. I think Michael is only gonna get better going forward. which I plan on talking to him shortly to remind him of this as well. Our OL is good and we have them under contract for a couple more seasons.

I don't want us to just improve in one aspect, but all around coach.

Speaking of Meek, though...What kind of QB would you describe him as? A pocket passer? Or is he capable of being a duel threat in terms of passing and running?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »

I agree with your assessment for the showcase.. as for Meek, he is definitely a pure pocket passer.  He's got a tall frame, strong arm, solid accuracy, and his decision making is already in a good place but still has room to improve.  The only knock I have on the young man is that he is not a leader, so I would avoid ever naming him as a team captain.  He's not a big time team-player, so you have to deal with the classic QB-Ego.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 13, 2018, 08:32:42 PM »

That's fine with me. I can deal with any kind of personality, coach. As long as we feel that he can be our QB of the future then I believe we will be fine. Thanks for telling me this coach, this will help me know what to put around him going forward.

Who would you say is our leader on the offensive side of the ball?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 14, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »

We really lack a ton of leadership on the offense.  Where on the defense we have Lang, Mata, and Donaldson all as very vocal leaders, Pugh and Brogan are really the only two vocal natural leaders we have.  Pugh is young and brash, so it rubs some wrong, but he does it for the right reasons, where Brogan is a veteran leader who doesn't play much at all, but has a ton of value right now as our truest leader on offense.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 14, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »

RUBS CHIN[/B]

Hm..That's a little unfortunate. One would think your best players would be the leaders and not bench players.

LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW AND THINKS TO HIMSELF[/B]

Very interesting indeed coach. Coach I'd be lying if I told you this being the final year on your contract doesn't concern me. Especially with what looks to be our financial situation. I plan on working the books with Princess during week to determine just where we stand financially come off season time. I'll tell you now that one of my many plans is to keep you here in Nashville (If you so choose to stay) for a couple more seasons to see what we can do together with a full season & off season under our belts.

I'm probably just thinking out loud and probably shouldn't, something my wife tells me I have a bad habit of doing; but I want to be honest with you through and through.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 18, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »

I appreciate that.  I'll either be back here or I'll be retiring, I'm getting near the end of my road so I don't really want to start from scratch somewhere else.  We'll talk more about that in the future, don't worry about it right now because I'm not going to be leaving for another job.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 20, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »

I'm glad to hear that coach. Alright look, I don't wanna take up any more of your time. I'll see you when it's time for us to head out to the showcase.

----

Princess, can you notify Michael Meek I'd like to see him please? And also pleasure to finally have meet you Princess, I look forward to working along side you in our journey to put Music City back on the map in the HIFL.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 20, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »

It is nice to meet you too, bless your heart! I believe the franchise is in good hands with you at the helm sugar!

Hey boss, what's up?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: June 22, 2018, 12:20:05 AM »

Michael! It's a pleasure to finally meet you face to face. I just wanted a chance to finally speak to you. I believe you can be a force in this league as time goes on and you gain more experience, personally. You have one heck of an arm on you, there's really no doubt about that. Just seeing you play in person and hearing what Coach Crowder has had to say about you, I know you have a lot of upside to you.

With that said, how are you feeling about your rookie season so far?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 22, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »

A lot better now that the team has a GM and some direction..

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 23, 2018, 12:38:10 AM »

That's good to hear. I'm gonna try my best to get you some more pieces around you to make sure you're all set on offense to kick these guys asses on the gridiron. Just wanna tell you to keep playing hard, and keep learning as you go.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 24, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »

Sounds good, we need all the help we can get.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 26, 2018, 01:12:47 AM »

That we do. Thanks for coming by Michael. Hope to hear from you again. Remember what we talked about, yeah?

----

Princess, is there anything else that needs to be addressed before locking in?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 26, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »

Not unless you have any gameplan/roster changes to note in your lock in.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 26, 2018, 12:03:32 PM »
LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 29, 2018, 01:50:34 AM »

We won the game and our guys went out there and executed a great game through and through. I'm proud of everyone performance this week. Only thing that went wrong for us was as it's been since I took over as GM and that is our third down conversions. Other than that I am quite pleased.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

It would be unfair for me to give an complete evaluation of this season's first half since I just took over two weeks ago. I see a young team that can grow into a powerhouse in this league if given the time and player continue to develop on both sides of the ball. I believe we can be more efficient and consistent thought I know these things can be learned and achieve when given the chance and time to do so. The future is bright Music City.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM?

We are where we knew we would be. We are a team on the rebuild and it will take time for us to be e premiere team in this league. I believe with me at the helm we will achieve this in seasons to come. I've only been on the job for two weeks so I can not give myself a grade at this time. Ask me again when this season is over and done with. Or maybe even at the start of next season and we will see where we are at by then.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

I honestly haven't been here long enough to answer these two questions and it would be unfair for me to do so without the proper knowledge to do so.

6. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

As with any game, I we go into we know it will be a fight and there isn't any easy Sunday. We're going into this game knowing that it's gonna be a shoot out between or offenses. Our keys to victory is to make stops, capitalize on given opportunities, convert on 3rd down and to not give up on ourselves or each other.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 29, 2018, 02:07:09 AM »
THE PRESS LOOK AT EACH OTHER IN CONFUSION. THE QUESTIONS THEY SUBMITTED CLEARLY BEING MIXED UP WITH WEEK 8'S OF YEARS PAST.  THEY TALK AMONGST THEMSLEVES AS THEY CLAMOR FOR THE RIGHT QUESTIONS.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 01, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Clears throat with a light chuckle

Appears I have the wrong notes up here, let's try this again shall we?

We won the game and our guys went out there and executed a great game through and through. I'm proud of everyone performance this week. Only thing that went wrong for us was as it's been since I took over as GM and that is our third down conversions. Other than that I am quite pleased.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you? (cover at least two topics)

It's pretty obvious which story stood out the most to me this this week...It's the news that Matthew Grover wants to leave Music City via Free Agency or Trade. This is unfortunate news for our organization. I plan on talking to after my meeting with Coach Crowder to try and have a face to face conversation with him.

The other bit of news that was a bit bewildering to me was that damn scuffle between Atlanta's owner and GM Lucas that lead to Mr. Crowe leaving the HIFL for the XFL. I have to say in all my years of living I've never seen or heard of anything like this happening. Do I have a comment about the situation as a whole? Not really it's none of my business but it is quite comical to say the least.

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

The showcase was a great experience. It was very beneficial to everyone in the league and for the student athletes. I believe this will be a great program for HIFL for years to come. It gives us a chance to see key players at different positions who we may end up drafting to help our respective teams. I look forward to attending more in the next three years.

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

Not my problem.

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

No.

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

As with any game, I we go into we know it will be a fight and there isn't any easy Sunday. We're going into this game knowing that it's gonna be a shoot out between or offenses. Our keys to victory is to make stops, capitalize on given opportunities, convert on 3rd down and to not give up on ourselves or each other.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 01, 2018, 02:21:04 PM »

First win of the season.  Congratulations.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 01, 2018, 04:50:31 PM »

Thanks, coach. Feels good to get the first win under your belt. Hopefully in a few seasons we'll have us a team that can et us enough wins to get us to the playoffs and ultimately the Impact Bowl. In due time..

I'm sure you heard the news about Grover. Didn't see that coming.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 01, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »

I haven't taken it like a demand or even that he is 100% not re-signing.  It could be a negotiation tactic, or that he just wants to test the market.   I wouldn't rush to trade him unless we get a big offer.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 03, 2018, 01:30:57 AM »

I plan on talking to him to see what he says. With this in mind I should probably look into talking to others who we want to keep who have expiring contracts.

I don't wanna lose em, coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 04, 2018, 12:16:28 PM »

Definitely understand that.  Not everyone will want to re-sign mid-season or even negotiate due to the distractions it can cause, but can't hurt to kick the tires and see what we can get done.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: July 07, 2018, 05:48:20 PM »

Very well...Princess, can you call down and let Matthew Grover I'd like to see him please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »

Whats up?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 08, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »

Hello Matt, it's nice to meet you finally. Please sit down, relax.

I heard what you said to the media about possibly leaving during the off season and even being open to being traded. I just wanted to talk to you face to face and figure out why exactly you'd want to leave. You're a key figure in our offense and receiving core, I'd hate to see you go. I personally would like to see you help lead this team back to what it once was.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 08, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »

My #1 priority is my salary, so if the money is right I'll be back, but I'm not coming back on some cheap deal, even if my Numbers struggle because Im on a bad team.  That's all I'm sayin.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 10, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
Understood. We'll revisit this issue when it gets closer to the end of the season i'm sure we can figure something out. You just keep playing hard Matt and producing.

---

LOCK IN

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 14, 2018, 01:36:34 AM »

Second straight week we were able to come out with a W. This week was one helluva fight that we went out there and slugged it out with the Monsters. Meek had a flawless night. Pugh & Sibley were pounding the hell out of the ball on the ground. Grover and the rest of our receiving core made their presence felt. I'm proud of this team's passion this week. Even with the loss of Dorsey we were able to compete at a high level and come out with a tough win.

Speaking of Dorsey, we wish him a speedy recover. Seeing what happened to him and having to be rushed to the hospital was...Well it was a gut wrench to say the least.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

First half of the season...Not going to lie to you it's nothing to be enamored about. This is a young team that's going out there trying it's best to compete with some heavy hitters in this league. Everything is coming together and it's gonna take some time for us to be where we want and believe to be in the future. I'm happy about the progress Meek has shown as well as the consistent effort the entire team. We're in this together and we're making each other bother. These two past wins are proof of that. Is there things we can improve on? Of course but I'm not in a rush for this season. We're just getting our feet wet right now.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

We have low expectations this season and maybe even the next. I am here to make sure this team becomes a playoff team in the future. We're just in the beginning stages of that. My grade as GM right now? No idea. Ask me this in the middle of next season or the off season after that. Too early for me or anyone else to tell how well I'm doing so far.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

Couldn't tell you. I haven't been here from the start of the season to actually tell you.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

None of them.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

Currently we are holding on to what we got. If a team makes offer worth our time that actually makes sense for us..Then maybe we'll pull the trigger. So far we haven't gotten such offers. Not really interested in working with those who think they can take advantage of me just because I'm the "new guy" or whatever. Only want to deal with intelligent offers if not that? Why are you contacting me in the first place?

SHRUGS

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

I believe it's fair. Do I think it will benefit the league? Time will only tell but I believe so.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 14, 2018, 01:39:19 AM »
8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

We're going up against one of the best teams in the league. I think we should just focus on limiting our mistakes and continuing to play hard going forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 14, 2018, 09:48:39 AM »

Back to Back wins, a nice way to show the team they can believe in themselves and what we have on the roster.   ...No owner meeting since there were no official expectations to report on, but I know for a fact that the organization is happy with what you're doing here so far.

...Also, I'm thinking that I do want to stick around the league a few more years, so if you still want to talk about an extension.  I'm good to talk.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 15, 2018, 12:50:28 AM »

For sure coach. Great game this past Sunday, the boys really dug deep into that trench fight. I'm proud of them and of this coaching staff.

In terms of the extension...How about we see this journey out together? Three more years same pay? I'm open to negotiate of course coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 15, 2018, 10:21:31 AM »

I've made my money in this league, I'm not looking for a raise.  Let's do it.  3 year, 10.5MM starting next season.