Author Topic: WEEKLY DISCUSSION TOPIC #6 - Reminiscing  (Read 918 times)

GM Corbin

• Master of the BEECAGE
  • Prediction Admin
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 636
  • CONTROVERSIAL DECISION MAKER
    • View Profile
WEEKLY DISCUSSION TOPIC #6 - Reminiscing
« on: April 09, 2015, 09:02:51 PM »
WEEK 6 – Memories

A really simple one this week (aided in part by my forgetting the days of the week thus forgetting to plan properly)... Just tell us some of your fondest memories.

Funny.. Sad.. Happy.. Odd... Real life, online, or even in that "e-fedding" thing we all did/do... Tell us what from your past stands out to you.

Don't forget, if you have a topic you'd like to suggest for a future discussion please PM it to me, along with any relevant links (e.g. for news items), with the subject line “Weekly Discussion Topic Suggestion”.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:03:31 PM by GM Corbin »
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: WEEKLY DISCUSSION TOPIC #6 - Reminiscing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
OOOOH, I will definitely chip in here, but closer to monday after my busy weekend is over.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
A few favorite Efed moments of mine...

- The Rise and Fall of Diego de la Vega, from the kid who wanted a 2 out of 3 falls match with Crazy Ivan the jobber in his debut match, to the man who became a terror for CRW, it was an amazing tail.

- The debut of Brandon Garcia: The interruption that changed the company forever, Santelmo arrived and took it to Diego de la Vega to shock the CRW world.  He crashed the party that started the season and road that wave to some bloody battles, becoming one of the top heels CRW ever had.

- The Rex Evans saga: from Convict to CRW champion... to a match with "Doug E.... OH MY GOD ITS DIEGO!"  what a ride.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 10:48:02 AM »
..and shame on all of you for not posting in the best discussion thread, EVER.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 517
  • PANCHO ABANDONED ME IN A DERELICT COAL MINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
Never saw this... but yeah, I think Talon covered mine, character debut and just being welcomed in the way I was, really reignited my interest in the game and writing in general. Everything I did in CRW would fall into the good memories category. I also had some fun times writing the Marko Flins character, but he wasn't half as fun as Santelmo.

As for other stuff, my first year of University is probably the greatest year of my life, it was just such an invigorating experience, the freedom, the unity, it was just a special time. My last year of Uni was almost the polar opposite, I ended up in an awkward living situation where I was borderline agoraphobic and I screwed up my degree, which to this point is my only regret.

Of course, there are plenty of embarrassing stories involving the ladies, one particularly memory which will stay with me; where I met some lass on a night out, had too much to drink, too much... other stuff, was a complete mess and to top it off we went back to hers where she had several cats. Being allergic to cats, I persevered, through the swollen eyes and throat and passing out more than once. She drove me back to mine the morning after... it was not a comfortable journey.

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 01:37:06 AM »
Never saw this... but yeah, I think Talon covered mine, character debut and just being welcomed in the way I was, really reignited my interest in the game and writing in general. Everything I did in CRW would fall into the good memories category. I also had some fun times writing the Marko Flins character, but he wasn't half as fun as Santelmo.

As for other stuff, my first year of University is probably the greatest year of my life, it was just such an invigorating experience, the freedom, the unity, it was just a special time. My last year of Uni was almost the polar opposite, I ended up in an awkward living situation where I was borderline agoraphobic and I screwed up my degree, which to this point is my only regret.

Of course, there are plenty of embarrassing stories involving the ladies, one particularly memory which will stay with me; where I met some lass on a night out, had too much to drink, too much... other stuff, was a complete mess and to top it off we went back to hers where she had several cats. Being allergic to cats, I persevered, through the swollen eyes and throat and passing out more than once. She drove me back to mine the morning after... it was not a comfortable journey.

It must suck to be like TJ and allergic to pussy.

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 786
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 01:22:26 PM »
Let's see ... favorite things from e-fedding.

The people I've met; I think there's a bunch of people on this forum that I consider legitimate friends despite never meeting in person. There's other people like Kyle (Kurt Noble) and John (Delikado) who I get along with really well too that I'd have never met.

Stupid shit; I know I probably ruined fun for some people but doing inane crap like taking a literal shit on a fed's titles, getting hauled into "e-wrestlers court", or the entire Michael Harris quitting fiasco was legitimate fun. I guess trolling is frowned upon but I'd like to think the people deserved the treatment they got.

I'm a better person; I became a much better person as a result of e-fedding I think. I've never considered myself a writer but it peaked an interest in computers for me which lead down my current career path, I also learned to write a bit of code and then just little things you pick up from people.

I'm sure there's other stuff too but that's the first couple things that come to mind.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »
Like Metro, I've met some people that I consider real friends without having to meet them in person.

Fond memories of the game itself

- This one time where Metro's character literally shit all over a promotions titles and it got posted as part of the show

- My feud with Jules over on APW, lots of fun writing all of that from the beginning to the end, nothing I would have done differently.

- Doing the E-Fed Journal was fun, got to talk to my friends and bullshit 100%, met some cool people and got crazy attention for something so stupid.

- I always enjoy stumbling upon my old work and seeing how I was at certain times of my "career"

As for life, I don't recall anything really notable right now, tend to have that memory that something stupid like someone going "oh this happened" then mind goes down a rabbit hole and will find 3 different memories off that one thing.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 01:18:58 AM »

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 12:33:16 PM »
Damn thats som sick ass artwork ... though that Mayhem poster is still the rage