Author Topic: Moving PLL  (Read 797 times)

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
Moving PLL
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »
So I am running a sim game on MFX currently called Project Last Light. Some of you might remember me asking to use your old e-fed characters. The game tasks you with being a member of creative, where you need to manage the roster and set the direction for the company.

I had 10 players. Sadly only two were really active. I sent out a call to the players to see who would still play. Only Jag, Digger, TyTy, BD, and Prancy gave me any affirmation.

So I was thinking about just moving the game to this board (to the forum game section), seems like a more appropriate place to do it. I mentioned this in the shoutbox the other day. I'm looking to see if there would be any interest in anyone taking the places of the 5 players I'm about to fire.

So yeah...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:41:51 AM by GM T-Bone »

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
Re: Moving PPL
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 07:04:40 PM »
Perhaps you could shift this to be a more territory style game - using EWR, maybe? Each player is their own creative team?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:09:55 PM »
I think if it were more individual play and less group play people would sign up.

I wouldn't due to time constraints of running HIFFLE but I think others would
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »
I hadn't conceptualized the game as a territory game, I don't know that I could make it work without it being a TCW clone.

GM Rebelicious

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »
I hadn't conceptualized the game as a territory game, I don't know that I could make it work without it being a TCW clone.

I think the allure of booking shows/competing for talents is more compelling than simply setting your lineup against another company. Powers has done a good job creating various characters but the world is vast enough to make it enough of an alternative.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
So I posted more details on MFX, but I've retooled the game to be more of an individual game, and I'll be making some use of TEW as well. Whether I run the game there or here is a discussion I will have with Talon and or Sam, cause the game will require more threads than a game section should have (now giving all players their individual threads).

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:23:08 PM »
I've got plenty of space if MFX doesn't work out.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
Re: Moving PLL
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 09:51:39 PM »
Alright. I PMed my players a few days ago informing them of my situation. As you may know my hard drive failed and I had to get a new computer. The PLL files I have are from my last back-up ~3 months ago. Fixing the changes would be trivial for me to do.

I proposed to them a change in the PLL format. Instead of the players being part of one creative team sharing a roster, each player would be running a wrestling promotion instead to bring it more in line with the sim games we play. Each player will be responsible for managing their roster and booking their own shows each week.

This seemed to interest my remaining PLL players, so now I pose this to see if others would be interested in this expanded format.