Author Topic: RULE DISCUSSION 1: DESIGNATED TO RETURN (INJURY) RULE  (Read 5167 times)

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
Re: RULE DISCUSSION 1: DESIGNATED TO RETURN (INJURY) RULE
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
You're suggesting a maximum TJ, I'm suggesting a hard requirement 6 or 8 weeks no matter what.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2016, 07:55:08 PM »
Alright then here we go, A PROPOSAL

- Each team is allowed 3 DTR IR spots at a time (EX: Dale Hooker, Rickey Lackey, and Brad Bonila are all on the DTR, then Kevin Chandler gets injured for a 2-6 week injury. Kevin Chandler can not be place on the DTR until one (1) of Dale Hooker, Rickey Lackey, and Brad Bonilla are placed on the active roster.

- Players are eligible for injuries lasting up to 6 weeks, but if a player is put on the DTR IR, they must remain there for no fewer than 6 weeks. (EX: If Randy Oliver is injured for 4 weeks, he can be placed on the DTR IR, but must remain there for 6 weeks despite being healthy for the last week or two.) This is much how the NFL does it, but instead of 8 weeks being the minimum week wait, it's 6. A player can not be on the DTR IR longer than 6 weeks.

- A player can be moved from DTR IR to a standard IR, but not from IR to DTR.

- Player can not be activated from the DTR IR until a roster spot has been opened up.
-- This can be achieved through trade or cutting a player. A GM is allowed to negotiate a deal with the player and his agent for a "demotion" to the practice squad when cutting a player to make room a return to the active roster prior to releasing the player officially. This is if the team has salary cap room and done in conjunction with a DTR move.

minimum.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2016, 09:24:56 PM »
If you're going to do it, there should only be 1 slot. 3 is way too many.

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 09:43:08 PM »
Any rules that have any potential of how a team is assembled should be put into effect the following season if teams have already locked in.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2016, 09:45:55 PM »
I fail to see how this affects how a team builds in the offseason.

GM Black Death

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • The Big Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »

I agree with TJ

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 09:52:35 PM »

You fail to see how it affects you. Everybody has their own way of assembling their team. Personally,  I don't give two shits. But every GM should have an equal opportunity. In essence implamenting this rule now takes away that equal opportunity.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 09:59:21 PM »
You fail to see how it affects you. Everybody has their own way of assembling their team. Personally,  I don't give two shits. But every GM should have an equal opportunity. In essence implamenting this rule now takes away that equal opportunity.

Everyone had the same opportunity to fill parts of a practice squad. Some teams did, some did not. So I ask this again.

HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS RULE AFFECT HOW YOU BUILT YOUR TEAM!? It adds no extra rosters spots permanently. It adds no money at all. It adds nothing that gives a team something the others don't have.

God this is stupid. Put it to a vote, vote it down and regret it if you're team falls victim to a shit ton of injuries, but if that happens, don't cry. When you have to cut multiple players to fill the required spots, remember you could have a DTR to help you out to have an open space.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »
My point is for a team that hasn't locked in and was not originally going to take advantage of the practice squad can now do so as opposed to the others that have locked in, not being able to.

If that's the case we should have voted yes to the other ruse changes to take place during the season.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2016, 10:04:26 PM »
TJ, it affects how people build their teams because it changes the significance/usefulness of the practice squad. People have already said that they would have done things differently if they had known about this rule. You might not have (and I wouldn't have) but other people would have. Does this rule give people with a practice squad an advantage over those without? If the answer is yes (which it is) the rule should be delayed.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
It changes nothing about the significance of the practice squad.

I'm done. Clearly I don't see it, I've said my piece and I'm getting more frustrated by this than I should.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2016, 10:09:58 PM »
Those people who would have done differently were also in the over cap club, so I don't know that their seasons have been affected at all, and Talon already said you don't need to promote from your practice squad to do it, you can sign free agents. The only GMs who can't take advantage of the new rule are those GMs that have no cap space to begin with. Those GMs are screwed if an injury comes up anyway. So the argument that GMs that went over the cap and are against the cap "would have done things differently" is not the effective argument they think it is given what actually happened this off-season. And again anyone with cap space will be able to take advantage, not just those with practice squads.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:12:07 PM by GM T-Bone »

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2016, 10:47:49 PM »
Take advantage of a rule that was only introduced after most teams locked in. What's the rush to implement it? Is it because you have a large practice squad and would definitely get an advantage from it by any chance?

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2016, 10:58:12 PM »
Those people who would have done differently were also in the over cap club, so I don't know that their seasons have been affected at all, and Talon already said you don't need to promote from your practice squad to do it, you can sign free agents. The only GMs who can't take advantage of the new rule are those GMs that have no cap space to begin with. Those GMs are screwed if an injury comes up anyway. So the argument that GMs that went over the cap and are against the cap "would have done things differently" is not the effective argument they think it is given what actually happened this off-season. And again anyone with cap space will be able to take advantage, not just those with practice squads.

I wasn't a member of the "over the cap club". I'm against this rule. Try again?

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2016, 11:04:17 PM »
Take advantage of a rule that was only introduced after most teams locked in. What's the rush to implement it? Is it because you have a large practice squad and would definitely get an advantage from it by any chance?

No because it's a rule that all teams (with cap) benefit from this season.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
If you'd said all teams benefit, I wouldn't argue. But you didn't. You had to qualify your remark, which means some teams get fucked. Why tilt the scales in anyone's favour when you can wait one season and introduce it with everyone on an equal playing field?

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2016, 11:26:43 PM »
If you'd said all teams benefit, I wouldn't argue. But you didn't. You had to qualify your remark, which means some teams get fucked. Why tilt the scales in anyone's favour when you can wait one season and introduce it with everyone on an equal playing field?

Because the point of the sim is to win. I spent the offseason to improve my team how I thought I needed to. Every team did that, and this rule actually levels it out a bit because there are teams that don't have practice squads and thus when they need to cut players because they can't field an active player in a position, they can put them on DTR for the time being. But

Why did you lock in with cap space? That's unfair to the team's that poorly managed their money. Why did Powers lock in with less than 49 players? That's an unfair advantage to teams that locked in with full team. We have a level playing field. It's called the salary cap, roster cap, and Pr cap. Everything else is up to the team's, and I won't say, you can't do this or do that, but to say it's an unfair position to be in is because you put yourself there, you had the same chance of putting players on the practice squad that i had. I had the same chance to have more money in salary going into the season that Jon did, I chose to spend more money. That is a flawed argument.

There will always be teams that are put behind the 8 ball because of a rule. A team that's rebuilding benefits more from the unlimited trades than someone who isn't and thus keeps players. The rule doesn't give you an advantage because you have a practice squad, because you can sign someone for 6 weeks to fill that spot.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »
I don't know how else to say it. Had this rule been in place, I'd have constructed my team differently. TJ, I'm sorry you don't understand that, I'm sorry you don't agree with it, but it happens to be true. Changing a rule at a point in a game where some people can't take advantage of it while others can is plainly unfair.

The examples you provided are not the same thing at all. Everything you provided were all user decisions, not moderator imposed rules. Apples and kiwi my friend.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2016, 11:38:14 PM »
I don't know how else to say it. Had this rule been in place, I'd have constructed my team differently. TJ, I'm sorry you don't understand that, I'm sorry you don't agree with it, but it happens to be true. Changing a rule at a point in a game where some people can't take advantage of it while others can is plainly unfair.

The examples you provided are not the same thing at all. Everything you provided were all user decisions, not moderator imposed rules. Apples and kiwi my friend.

How? You had the chance to sign practice squad players, there's no rule that said you can't add players after you lock in either you can take full advantage of this rule.

You made the choice to not get practice squad players, that's a user decision. Apples and apples.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
Here is what you continue to ignore - I made the choice not to add practice squad players BASED ON THE RULES THAT WERE IN PLACE AT THE TIME. Had this particular rule been in effect, I would have done things differently.

And yes, I could add practice squad guys now....but they wouldn't go through training camp, nor would I have grades/evaluations on them. Yet another example of how this change would be unfair to those that chose not to field a PS. 

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2016, 11:42:55 PM »
I'll vote yes if TJ shuts up about this....

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:12 AM »
So I'm voting yes then?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gates

• Impact Bowl 8 & 9 Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • 2x Impact Bowl Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2016, 12:24:21 AM »
Whag stops teams who have locked in from signing guys to the practice squad when they unlock?  I mean if you can anyways.

Im still fine with it atarting in season 8. The bickering going on for it right now seems unwarranted. Everyone for the most part seems ok with the rules of it just not when it starts. Probably best to vote on the start season of this rule then continue to argue about it.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »
Nothing stops teams from signing players. The issue is that they wouldn't go through training camp, get graded/evaluated by your staff.

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2016, 12:50:14 AM »
Nothing stops teams from signing players. The issue is that they wouldn't go through training camp, get graded/evaluated by your staff.

And they wouldnt if you signed them to fill a mid season i jury either...

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 12:50:54 AM »
Any rule that affects team rosters should not be introduced after teams have locked in their rosters. I don't see what is so controversial about that. We all knew the rules we were working with at the start of the off-season and we all built teams to those parameters (except for people who didn't read the rules properly). Bring the rule in next season. Doing anything else is just not cricket.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2016, 12:56:59 AM »
And they wouldnt if you signed them to fill a mid season i jury either...

I never inferred that they were. Also, that's not the point at all.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:33 AM »
Any rule that affects team rosters should not be introduced after teams have locked in their rosters. I don't see what is so controversial about that. We all knew the rules we were working with at the start of the off-season and we all built teams to those parameters (except for people who didn't read the rules properly). Bring the rule in next season. Doing anything else is just not cricket.

^^^^

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 02:17:32 AM »
While I don't care which way anyone wants to go because it doesn't effect me at all, you all got 10MM extra to sign players to your practice squad, anyone not doing it, or assuming it was without value I do not pity. 

The rule will not go into effect for season 7, but a failure to take advantage of an optional expanded roster because "you didn't know it was going to be so useful" is not a factor in the decision making.

Any time a rule has been changed, or made, exceptions have been made to balanced the game.
IE: if the rule went into effect, you would get grades etc for the newly added players, you would get a pass on morale hits for cutting or trading players to make room for money to add to the practice squad.

Outside of this, I must remind you that each of you are representing your team currently, and the media has taken note of the hostile and at times unprofessional language.

This conversation is ended for the time being and will be taken up again when owners begin deliberating for the owners meeting at mid-season.

Thank you for your participation.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »
Bringing this back up now here is the rule proposal I had last season with the suggestions of others, made with a compromise.

- Players are eligible for injuries lasting up to 6 weeks, but if a player is put on the DTR IR, they must remain there for no fewer than 6 weeks. (EX: If Charles Todd is injured for 4 weeks, he can be placed on the DTR IR, but must remain there for 6 weeks despite being healthy for the last week or two.) This is much how the NFL does it, but instead of 8 weeks being the minimum week wait, it's 6. A player can not be on the DTR IR longer than 6 weeks.

- Player(s) can not be activated from the DTR IR until a roster spot has been opened up.
-- This can be achieved through trade or cutting a player. A GM is allowed to negotiate a deal with the player and his agent for a "demotion" to the practice squad when cutting a player to make room a return to the active roster prior to releasing the player officially. This is if the team has salary cap room and done in conjunction with a DTR move.

- Each team is allowed two (2) DTR IR spots a year (EX: If Joseph Herzog and Richard Hunt are both on the DTR, anyone who gets injured for Long Beach can not be placed on DTR.)

- A player can be moved from DTR IR to a standard IR, but not from IR to DTR.

Here are the people who said they were in favor of it starting immediately and starting Season 8 before the meetings ended:

- Metro
- Gates
- Eddie
- TJ
- Dazz
- Powers
- Franchise

We were unable to get to a vote before the end of the meetings so now I am officially putting it to a vote: I believe we need 13 of 20 teams to approve, and speaking with league officials, last year's votes do not count so all of us that were in favor of it starting immediately last season or in Season 8 have to revote.

Please frame your vote as such, (TEAM NAME) APPROVES/REJECTS. If we are able to reach the needed 13, the votes will be sent to the Commissioner for his final approval/rejection

I will begin

OAKLAND APPROVES.

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
SAN ANTONIO APPROVES

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
MIAMI APPROVES

MICHIGAN APPROVES

SEATTLE APPROVES

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »
As it currently stands, is the regular IR slot we currently use one that rules that player out for the rest of the season?

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2016, 04:21:08 PM »
As it currently stands, is the regular IR slot we currently use one that rules that player out for the rest of the season?

Yes placement on IR ends a players season

GM Gates

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »
Then yes, this makes sense (just wanted to check beforehand).

RAPID CITY APPROVES

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2016, 04:28:12 PM »
TULSA APPROVES

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »
Alabama Nighthawks approve

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9014
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
Tombstone approves

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »
APPROVES
1. Oakland Silverbacks
2. San Antonio Knights
3. Miami Killer Whales
4. Michigan Monsters
5. Seattle Reign
6. Rapid City Inferno
7. Tulsa Celtics
8. Alabama Nighthawks
9. Tombstone Outlaws

REJECTS

UNDECIDED
Atlanta Warriors
Cleveland Mustangs
DC Cobras
Music City Kings
New Jersey Dragons
Orlando Stampede
St. Paul Lynx
Kansas City Bruins
Las Vegas Scorpions
Lincoln Pride
Long Beach Mermen

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
Kings approve

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
DC APPROVES

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2016, 05:29:06 PM »
KC Approves

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
For clarification purposes, are you putting a six week cap on this list, or would it be available for longer if needed?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
For clarification purposes, are you putting a six week cap on this list, or would it be available for longer if needed?

"A player can not be on the DTR IR longer than 6 weeks."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »
*I will be tweaking this rule, from changing the time lines to also limiting the spaces to 1*

*You will be required to have an injury of 6 or more weeks to use the DTR, so anywhere from 6 weeks to anything that could allow you to bring a guy who missed 15 games back in time for the playoffs if he is healthy.*

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
Why would it be capped at 6? Is there reading for that or just because?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2016, 05:42:35 PM »
Never mind last post considering commish posted on matter...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »
St. Paul approves
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
APPROVES
1. Oakland Silverbacks
2. San Antonio Knights
3. Miami Killer Whales
4. Michigan Monsters
5. Seattle Reign