Author Topic: 2016 HALL OF FAME SEMI-FINALIST NOMINATIONS  (Read 1268 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
2016 HALL OF FAME SEMI-FINALIST NOMINATIONS
« on: February 06, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »
The following players have been deemed worthy to be considered for the final hall of fame ballot that will take place at the end of the season.

Up to three players can enter the hall of fame in an off-season, which players (if any) do you believe deserve to advance to the Hall of Fame Finalist stage?

You can also nominate other retired players, make a case for a player on the list... Debate and discuss.

This will be considered OOC.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 HALL OF FAME SEMI-FINALIST NOMINATIONS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:26 PM »
I don't get the case for Ginobli, yes he was great as a player, but his Career is much shorter, he played 3 seasons, making the playoffs only once. His greatest accomplishment came post playing career, which to me, we are inducting him as a player, which his career was good, great even but I'm voting based on what was, not what could have been and what Ginobli's HIFL career was a bright shooting star that was gone too soon.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:03:21 PM »
It's the quantity vs quality argument....

Yes, he only started three seasons.... But he made the Pro Bowl all three. And if it's a combined player/coach induction, which is now the stats read, he had either a Pro Bowl selection or a Championship in 4 of the league's 6 seasons. Hard to top for guys who haven't played for Bama....

I don't know if everyone will share votes or not, but I went Ginobili, Link, and Rhodes.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »
YAY DISCUSSION! 

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:08:20 PM »
It was 3 votes, right?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
Yessir up to 3 votes.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »
and you can change your vote, since this is a nomination/advancement type poll, it's not locked, so you can change your mind if someone makes a case.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 03:46:49 PM »
I don't get the case for Ginobli, yes he was great as a player, but his Career is much shorter, he played 3 seasons, making the playoffs only once. His greatest accomplishment came post playing career, which to me, we are inducting him as a player, which his career was good, great even but I'm voting based on what was, not what could have been and what Ginobli's HIFL career was a bright shooting star that was gone too soon.

My shitty players played longer making their stats seem comparable to this good player on a roval team who had a shorter career. Sure Ginobili +/- is through the roof in the seasons he played but if you add up my guys + for their whole career ... its the same.

Get out of here.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 06:32:36 PM »
My shitty players played longer making their stats seem comparable to this good player on a roval team who had a shorter career. Sure Ginobili +/- is through the roof in the seasons he played but if you add up my guys + for their whole career ... its the same.

Get out of here.

Ignorant. Because Cameron Hollingsworth, who has my vote, was a Long Beach Mermen for half of his HIFL career.

He's not a hall of famer. He failed to do it as long as the other players up nominations. He would have been a hall of famer if he stayed healthy, but he didn't. IF he play as much as say Perryman, Ginobli ends up with 15,543 passing yards, 94 passing TDs, 2564 rushing yards, 35 rushing TDs. If he played as long as Harris, he'd have 18,350 passing yards, 111 passing TDs, 3027 rushing yards and 41 rushing TDs.

If, if he played that long, those are good numbers, but he didn't. Just like how Bo Jackson could have broken records if his career didn't end isn't in the Hall of Fame. My "shitty" players have a resume you can consider at the very least. Anderson's is incomplete. He's not a hall of fame player, he's not a hall of fame coach yet. He had a good career, but not Hall of Fame worthy.

I also don't get the nom for Herbert Perryman. He was just a worse Ginobli who played longer.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • GM of the Eastern Conference Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
3 years does not make a HOF career, unless you have RIDICULOUS stats, and even then there is a question about it.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »
I voted for Perryman, even though Gooch forced him to retire dude still has pretty good stats.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »
3 years does not make a HOF career, unless you have RIDICULOUS stats, and even then there is a question about it.

3/5 before we took over.  Not that big a deal.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1334
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »
I have to use a little NFL knowledge in this HIFL debate.

I think Ginobli is HOF worthy. In a league that has been around for, now going into its 7th season. Nobody is really HoF worthy if your are talking about longevity. A lot fo these guys were in the league for 3-5 years. How many NFL Hall of Famers played 5 years in the league? I'm not going to go back and look, but it's probably not many if at all.

Why I said a little NFL knowledge because I want to bring up a hot topic of debate over the last few seasons.       

Two players I would like to bring up that are not currently in the NFL Hall of Fame and IMO, should be, is Terrell Davis and Sterling Sharpe. Both are players that had their careers cut short due to injuries but when they were playing were arguably the best at their position. I can see the argument TJ is proposing and it is indeed a valid one. But I am of the opinion that guys like Davis and Sharpe are HoF worthy in a league that has been around for 50 years now.

This is a league that has been around for 6 and Ginobli played at the highest level for 3 of them. And to add, he won an IB as a coach, which I wouldn't add if it wasn't in his list of accomplishments on the HoF ballot. But it is, so it's worthy of mention.

IMO, Ginobli is the ONLY sure fire HoF'er on this ballot, IMO. I feel like the rest will have average career stats after another ten seasons in the league and were never the best at their position while in the league. Whereas Ginobli was arguably the best at his position for 3 seasons and his career was cut short due to injury.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1022
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 11:00:22 PM »
If we're considering longevity, none of the players have played in the league long enough to get in a HoF. It's a young league, so we either vote in someone who shone bright for a short period of time or nobody at all.