Author Topic: Who Shot First Mafia Game Over - Scum Wins  (Read 7900 times)

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
Re: Who Shot First Mafia Day 2
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »
Vote: Gooch

I agree with TJ on this one. Gooch has become a much better player than people think whilst hiding behind his old reputation.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
TJ why you no respond to me? Frankly I think TJ slipped as he had knowledge in the qt.

Let's talk mechanics Teej

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2016, 10:33:09 PM »
TJ why you no respond to me? Frankly I think TJ slipped as he had knowledge in the qt.

Let's talk mechanics Teej

I didn't respond to you because you're basing a theory off my vote that I feel is just a stretch, but more so to discuss than to use as a basis of a lynch.

As far as mechanics go, I'm surprised there weren't more killings. I know not everyone has a gun on them to use, but I figured there'd be more kills night one just based on everyone's penchant to "smoke em if ya got em". I haven't been in a Doug ran mafia in a while, but if I remember right, he likes the whole "investigation proof = green in write ups" thing. I could be wrong, but that's possible.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2016, 10:35:49 PM »
Also addressed Power's post first because I felt it was more important to address first.

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
Vote Count:

Gooch (2) - TJ, Kirk
Powers (1) - Rob
TJ (2) - Pancho, Powers

Not voting: Talon, Gooch, Franchise, Digger
Activity Prod being sent to Digger

Deadline is roughly under 51 hours away.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
I didn't respond to you because you're basing a theory off my vote that I feel is just a stretch, but more so to discuss than to use as a basis of a lynch.

As far as mechanics go, I'm surprised there weren't more killings. I know not everyone has a gun on them to use, but I figured there'd be more kills night one just based on everyone's penchant to "smoke em if ya got em". I haven't been in a Doug ran mafia in a while, but if I remember right, he likes the whole "investigation proof = green in write ups" thing. I could be wrong, but that's possible.

Ahhh you don't fear me then?  So if you agree that Doug likes investigation proof is green in Dougs game but in the same breath say I don't play Doug games .... How does that not read as I have inside information??

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2016, 12:50:38 PM »
I dunno Pancho, I mean you're reading into it a bit much if you ask me. I said it could be possible but I'm not sure. I haven't played a Doug run Mafia in a while. I'm not going through MFX to find one of his games to see if it's possible right now because I'm at work.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 01:10:58 PM »
I dunno Pancho, I mean you're reading into it a bit much if you ask me. I said it could be possible but I'm not sure. I haven't played a Doug run Mafia in a while. I'm not going through MFX to find one of his games to see if it's possible right now because I'm at work.

Maybe because it's thoughts like its a Doug game don't even enter into my mind. So why would it yours given your own admitted lack of self knowledge. Or is that a cover?

GM Rob

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 01:14:51 PM »
It is a bit of a stretch to start making assumptions and modding the mod when you admittedly don't really have a legitimate opinion.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
It is a bit of a stretch to start making assumptions and modding the mod when you admittedly don't really have a legitimate opinion.
Maybe because it's thoughts like its a Doug game don't even enter into my mind. So why would it yours given your own admitted lack of self knowledge. Or is that a cover?

Catching up. Agree with both of these. Not every game by a mod will run the same way, so trying to base opinions based off of who's modding is sketchy at best.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2016, 02:56:11 PM »
He said he wanted to talk game mechanics. That's how I talk game mechanics. Don't like it? Don't talk game mechanics with me?

As for your question Pancho, it entered my mind because it's a variable that I like to account for.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
People seem so fucking timid in games on these boards. C'mon people!! Vote!!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »
Why is that directed at me? Pancho is the one speculating on Han being GF.

Actually it was TJ in this post.

Just to me, reads like Scum trying to figure out what went wrong with their kill

It was in reference to his comment about the kills. Came across to me as saying something went wrong with the scum kill yet their kill was successful whereas Han was not.

People seem so fucking timid in games on these boards. C'mon people!! Vote!!

With everyone talking game mechanics and modding, there's nothing standing out other than the TJ vote on Gooch for the reasons I stated earlier in the post. That's it going by what I'm seeing.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2016, 05:16:06 PM »
I wanna hear from Gooch.  What're your thoughts about the days events?

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »
I had my theories, but they were completely blown up. I don't have a night action, so all I have is what I'm seeing in this thread. I'll have to see another night and gather more information that people share. I'm trying to be a better player, but I just can't make heads or tails out of any of it. I don't agree with the accusations levied against me, but I can't refute them either. It really stinks to not have a night action. I've played a few games now where I'm at the mercy of what people share.
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

GM Rob

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
unvote vote Gooch

Is it too difficult to scum hunt when you can't make people whom you know to be town look like mafia? Its too much of a stretch to have no opinion on anyone at all in the entire game?

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:01 PM »
I had my theories, but they were completely blown up. I don't have a night action, so all I have is what I'm seeing in this thread. I'll have to see another night and gather more information that people share. I'm trying to be a better player, but I just can't make heads or tails out of any of it. I don't agree with the accusations levied against me, but I can't refute them either. It really stinks to not have a night action. I've played a few games now where I'm at the mercy of what people share.

You're never at the mercy of what people share. I feel you've played enough games to know that, people have told ya that plenty of times. I feel far more confident in my vote now than before.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
Dammit Gooch....that's the scummiest fucking answer I ever read.  I understand night actions are useful and all, but the core of this game isn't night actions, it's trying to read between the lines of what people say (or don't say) and try to deduce who is lying, who knows more than they should, etc....

Unvote

Vote Gooch

I'm conflicted about it, because I still feel that TJ's vote on Gooch was opportunistic as hell.  But I can't ignore the reality of what Gooch just said.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

I do not like that answer at all. It comes across as really scummy and I'm not buying the whole "I have no opinion because I have no night action" response at all. Comes across as a major cop out to give a vague response to the question you were asked.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »
We've had 1 night. 1. Night. I'm scum because I won't throw out a baseless accusation? Please.

Go ahead and lynch. Enjoy.
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2016, 11:54:44 PM »
I actually tried and this was the response. This isn't a rage quit, but it's sure not worth the headache.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2016, 11:59:46 PM »
Vote TJ
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »
What exactly is it that you tried to do? You said that you had nothing because you have no night action. That's it.

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm not seeing what you tried to do.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2016, 01:39:44 AM »
So, could we say that someone swapped Metro and Pancho or that Pancho could've diverted the actions to him to Metro?

I tried to get things started and get conversations and actovity going. You said you didn't agree and then I had votes on me. I responded honestly that i didnt know what to thinl and got more votes thrown on me.

Even the best players rarely catch scum after one night especially if they have no night action. Name the last vanilla townie who was MVP.

And I've lost interest...l'll just finish this.

I'll go ahead and come clean. The ones throwing votes on me, especially the ones who have contributed some gems as ,"Yeah, what TJ said" and the brilliant responses from Rob and Franchise...I mean, wow, you scum hunters have played a great day phase and you've caught the Godfather. I had no accomplices. This brilliant play of deductive reasoning and "reading between the lines" really nailed me good. Game over. Town wins. You guys are too good at this. I try to show a poker face, but man, you all see right through it. In my two posts you were able to see my scummyness. Forget evidence or roles, you geniuses don't need them. You can read a few sentences and find all the scum. I'm really at a loss.

Sorry to ruin your game, Doug. But these guys are just too talented. Rob saw through my not wanting to mention anyone because i didnt have a basis fot judgment, right to my dark Godfather heart. And Franchise, give him the MVP now. Copping out on making an accusation falls right in line with what scum do. The town just saw through my facade of being a vanilla townie and saw my mafia Godfather black heart through brilliant reasoning and extensive dialogue.

Job well done. Read back over today's thread and you will see that I was the ONLY option...because it's not what peoplease write...it's what they don't write.

Some of you may get mad at this post (and if you do, you are immature and need to remember we are playing a game where we act like we are mafia, cops, robbers, and bus drivers), I know I shouldn't out myself as scum like this, so I'm going to put myself in Mafia time out and sit out a few games. This will give me a chance to take notes on how to play day 1 and find the scum so quickly. Bravo.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2016, 02:01:46 AM »

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2016, 03:34:43 AM »
That might be the most boss jester post ever ... makes me want to vote you just for the reveal. 

But I'm sticking to TJ who thinks pretending what the mod thinks is the same as game mechanics.

GM Rob

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 03:53:30 AM »
Thy pantaloons are in a wad.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2016, 04:01:33 AM »
So...you put yourself in lunch detention, Gooch?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 07:11:31 AM »
Sarcastic Gooch is awesome.

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2016, 08:24:27 AM »
As of this post...

I do not like that answer at all. It comes across as really scummy and I'm not buying the whole "I have no opinion because I have no night action" response at all. Comes across as a major cop out to give a vague response to the question you were asked.

There was a LYNCH!!

----

Vote Count:

Gooch (5) - TJ, Kirk, Rob, Powers, Franchise
TJ (1) - Pancho

Not voting: Talon, Gooch, Digger

----

The forces of the galaxy have gathered around GOOCH.

Gooch: If I was gonna kill you, I'd be stepping over your body right now on my way out the door. Alright, you look bad in a wig and you were too easy to find. And I did NOT hit the deputy.

They all fire at once and Gooch is lit up and put down clearly unable to live again.

Dead: Gooch - Brisco County Jr., the most vanilla member of the galaxy

It is now Night 2. You have 48 hours until 10:30am EST on 7/17 to submit night actions.

Mod Note: I'm getting married tomorrow. So I may not start day 3 right on time. I apologize in advance for any delays. :)

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 219
    • View Profile
Re: Who Shot First Mafia Night 2
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2016, 04:16:10 PM »
Sorry for night talking, but I think congrats are in order for you Dougie.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2016, 04:23:22 PM »
I'll let that one slide.

Night action deadline passed. Write up and day 3 will start by late morning tomorrow.

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »
Its night two and once again, those with murderous intent are out to satisfy their desires.

Greedo, feeling confident after hitting his last target points his blaster at the one individual who was brought to this galaxy yet makes no sense being here. Kurt Cobain

Not one to discriminate, Greedo fires anyway. However it misses! He must fire like a storm trooper or something. Regardless, Kurt survives for at least tonight.

----

A warping black hole opens within the galaxy and through it, on a badass motorcycle, arrives Lobo! He eyes his target PANCHO.

I can do trouble.

Lobo
fires at Pancho. Shield or not, Lobo wasn't going to miss his target. It penetrates through Pancho and kills him good at dead. The silent of the bounty hunters doesn't have a word for us...

Dead: Pancho - Boba Fett - Bounty Hunter

It is now day three. You have until 8:45am EST on Thursday 7/21 to reach a lynch. With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required to reach the lynch before deadline.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
Re: Who Shot First Mafia Day 3
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
First, I was wrong about Gooch, clearly but I stand by my reason to vote him.

Good job 3P. I was getting scum vibes from Pancho, was pushing me to talk, to build a case on me. I was going to put a vote on him right away.

So, there 7 revealed characters, 3 are unknown. I'm thinking Greedo is the only Scum remaining.

TOWN
Coban
Brisco County - Gooch
Han Solo
Spike Spiegel - Metro

SCUM
Greedo
Boba Fett - Pancho

3RD PARTY
Lobo

I'd lean more to a 7/2/1 split than a 6/3/1. I know my character hasn't been revealed, but i left a hint in day one.

Powers, other than your feeling that Gooch is an easy pick, was there another reason you felt my vote was "opportunistic as hell"?

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »
That was it really. Gooch tends to be an easy target, and I felt the wagon started on him for shit reasons. Sure, he gave ample reason later on, but not to begin with.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »
Also, "good job 3P" and "I was sooooo gonna put a vote on flipped scum Pancho today"....these statements from you don't sit well with me. At all.

Vote TJ

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
I get this vibe that TJ is the 3P.

Vote TJ

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
Also, "good job 3P" and "I was sooooo gonna put a vote on flipped scum Pancho today"....these statements from you don't sit well with me. At all.

Vote TJ

Fair.

I am not 3P, there's a hint of who I am, on the first page

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
Unvote

Found it.

For now I can buy that.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »
I'll admit to being wrong about Gooch but his responses were a big reason for that lynch.

I think TJ is right about the 7/2/1 split considering we've only seen Greedo and Boba Fett in red as well as only Lobo being yellow 3P.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »
Vote: Franchise

Hammer on the Gooch bandwagon and now just piggybacking off of TJ. He's play just seems off to me.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »

I agree with TJ on this one. Gooch has become a much better player than people think whilst hiding behind his old reputation.

FOS: Kirk

Speaking of piggybacking, you did a bit of that yourself the last day phase. I find it highly hypocritical of you to vote for me and use that as a reason when you piggybacked with your vote the previous day phase.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2016, 11:41:42 PM »
"He's play"... I've been in China too long.

The difference between our play so far is that you snuck onto the Gooch wagon once it was inevitable and now you're riding on the coat tails of someone you think has plenty of town cred. You basically just copy and pasted TJ's post. You copy his game setup theory but don't make any contribution to scum hunting. I think you're waiting to see which way the wind is blowing.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:13 PM »
Snuck on the Gooch wagon? PLEASE. He gave a response I didn't like and I voted for him because of that response. So you didn't do the same thing when you voted the last day phase? You did the same damn thing so don't give me this "copy and pasted TJ's post" bullshit. You want to talk about not contributing to scum hunting? Where was all this talk when the game mechanic talk was going on earlier? The only thing I'm waiting for is to see if I'm putting a vote on you or not right now. Your response to this post will be the deciding factor in that.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2016, 11:53:32 PM »
Pushed Franchise's buttons and got town Franchise response.

Unvote

GM Rob

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2016, 05:12:04 AM »
vote Kirk

Franchise wanted to see your reaction after a fairly hypocritical attack and your reaction is to back track completely. He made some completely valid points about you and your answer is that you have to undo everything you said.

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »
Vote Count:

TJ (1) Powers
Kirk (1) Rob

Not Voting: Talon, Franchise, Digger, Kirk, TJ

Deadline is just more than 48 hours away.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:19 AM »
Franchise always resorts to saying people are hypocritical and OMGUS style play when he's town. He acts a lot less aggressively when he's not. Why would I keep voting for someone I no longer think is scum? I don't have long left in this game anyway, so I figured I might as well try something.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »
Franchise always resorts to saying people are hypocritical and OMGUS style play when he's town. He acts a lot less aggressively when he's not. Why would I keep voting for someone I no longer think is scum? I don't have long left in this game anyway, so I figured I might as well try something.

Have you achieved Nirvana?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »
Nevermind why I might not have long left in the game, the important point is that I tried to do something useful rather than sit and wait for something to happen. With the rather limited amount of activity we've had so far, someone needs to step up to create conversation. All apologies to anyone who didn't catch on.