Author Topic: TEAM: MICHIGAN MONSTERS  (Read 52271 times)

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MICHIGAN MONSTERS
« Reply #1200 on: November 04, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, I'm not a too smart on the X's and O's. I appreciate you guys clarifying things for me.

If I'm understanding correctly, we roll this week with:

Obaje/Seymore as OLB's
Steed/Hunter as ILB's
Galindo/Kennedy as DE's
Wray/Vega platooning at DT

Will that cover it?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 04, 2019, 11:12:39 PM »

Looks perfect.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 04, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
Awesome, thanks again gentlemen. Let's do it!

Obaje/Seymore as OLB's
Steed/Hunter as ILB's
Galindo/Kennedy as DE's
Wray/Vega platooning at DT

Lock in

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 10, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »
1. What was your biggest takeaway from your team this weekend?

It's a bit bittersweet to beat the Ponies with both Smoak and Elliot riding the pine.  But it is a division win after all, and those are as valuable as gold in the HIFL. 

Regarding how we played, I was very excited about 2 aspects - first we got Chris Allen going, and secondly we changed a few things around on defense and were able to bring a lot more pressure because of it.  Once everyone completely gels in their new locations, watch out quarterbacks!  We're comin' for ya!

2. What do you make of the news of the league's expansion?

While it is exciting that we are expanding - GLOBALLY expanding at that - I am already annoyed at the prospect of a fantasy draft....I mean, expansion draft.  I absolutely hate it that we have spent time to scout, train, and coach up these men in the locker room, only for another GM to snatch them from our roster as though contracts aren't a thing.  It's bullshit, and I hate it. 

3. Talk about this weeks opponent, and what you expect from your team?

It's going to be all out war with DC, as the winner will be in sole possession of first place in the division.  I expect the Monsters to come out with all guns blazing, and show why we are THE dominant team in this division.  PERIOD. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 10, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »

Another win, and now DC is without Stevens.  That opens up a lot of lanes.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 10, 2019, 10:29:09 PM »
That guy is a tackling machine out there.  It is a shame when anyone gets injured, but I don't think anybody in this locker room is going to shed a tear about not having to face him on the field.

Coach, I don't know what suddenly clicked in the running game, but good freakin' job!  Allen was in beast mode out there!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 10, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »

Yeah he was!  Great to see it coming together!

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 11, 2019, 12:23:53 AM »
It sure is. The changes to the defense paid dividends too. Great job all around.

Turning the page, how do we matchup against the Cobras?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 11, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »

They're top 10 in almost every defensive category, so we'll have to be ready for a fight. They're 5th in rushing, last in passing.. so stopping Mixon is key.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 11, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »
I know a one game sample isn't much, but with our new defensive alignment, do you think we have a good shot at doing just that?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 11, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »

I do think so.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 11, 2019, 09:27:28 PM »
Perfect. I'll follow you down to the practice field.

GM POWERS FOLLOWS COACH BRYCE OUTSIDE AND STANDS ON A WATER COOLER TO GATHER EVERYONES ATTENTION.

Guys, I'm not gonna take up a lot of your time. I just wanted to let you know that you're all doing a great fuckin' job out there! We've proven we can beat teams through the air and now on the ground. Guys on 'D', you're rolling with a change up front and producing some damn fine work. Awesome shit guys, just tremendous!!

Let's keep working hard and let's show the Cobra's who the REAL Kings of the NorthEast are!

Lock in

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 17, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
1. Talk about last weeks game.

What a tremendous effort from the entire Monster Squad out there this week.  You know, it's funny.  While I was waiting for my turn to come out here and address you all I had the chance to watch GM Dazz's press conference.  He insists that DC "rolled over", and delivered an "insipid performance".  As though the loss was more about DC not showing up, and less about the Monsters being...well, Monsters. 

Let me be clear to GM Dazz and to every other GM in the league.  When the Michigan Monsters beat you, I don't want to hear some baloney about your squad not showing up, about your injuries, about your mascots bad hair day....I don't care about any of your lame excuses.  Try and spin things any way you want, but recognize this.  The Michigan Monsters are a power in the HIFL, and we are coming for the Impact Bowl this year.  Anything less is an abject failure on my part, on the Coaches part, and on the Players part.  So you go ahead with your spin, you go ahead and imagine that you beat yourselves and not that you got beat by a better team.  We'll just keep doing what we do.

2. What are your thoughts on this years draft class as you head into the showcase to see many of them for the first time?

I'm excited for the showcase, as I am every year.  This is a tremendous opportunity to get an early look at the crop of rookies coming to the league next season.  In terms of thoughts on the draft class, I really can't comment because I haven't seen too much of their work yet.  But, if the past is any indication, there will be some shining stars, some black holes, and lots of hidden gems.

3. What are you hoping to gain from this weeks Showcase?

Well, I just touched on that a second ago.  This is our first opportunity to really see what next season's rookie class will look like.  It allows us to compile data on not just who we'd like to bring in, but on players who will end up lining up against us.  Information is the most valuable tool for a GM in this league, and the Showcase provides a lot of it.

4. What did you schedule for your players during the bye week? Training or a week off?

As always I want to discuss that with my Head Coach.  If he feels that we are in a good rhythm which could get thrown off by having a week off, then we'll throw on the pads and practice.  If he feels that a week off would be a good thing for the boys, then we'll do that.  Gun to my head, and I have to give you an answer right now?  I'd lean towards probably giving them the week off, but that's not set in stone.

5. Talk about anything else on your mind in reference to the league/sport as a whole.

I think that football is in an amazing place right now.  With the XFL joining the ranks and doing well with the fans, and the HIFL expanding internationally next season, I think that those things simply prove that the appetite for football is there, and I couldn't be any more excited about that.  Are there things that need improvement?  Absolutely.  That isn't a knock though, it is simply the reality of life and sports in general - everyone is always looking to tweak things, or make improvements here or there, be it on a team level, or on a league-wide level. 

All in all?  Football is having a moment right now, and it is awesome.

6. Discuss some of the hiring and firing around the league over the last two weeks, what surprised you most, and what did you see coming?

I think the only one who didn't see GM Bone's firing coming was GM Bone himself.  Say what you will about that man, but one thing you cannot say is that he isn't loyal.  Rumors have been floating around that he was offered a pretty plum gig to jump to one of the GM-less teams, and he turned it down flat.  Hindsight being 20/20, I'd wager to say that he'd like a do over on that one. 

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 24, 2019, 06:25:16 PM »
"Will you and Coach Bryce consider resting Gio Hill with a potentially capable backup in Shaun Day being available?  Or is this game against Alabama too important?"

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 25, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
I hate to give you a non-answer, but I'm afraid that's all I have at the moment. I need to touch base with my staff and with Gio himself before any decisions are made. But, you are 100% correct about one thing. This is Alabama we're playing, so it is a big game regardless of their record coming in.

Any other questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: November 25, 2019, 10:24:22 PM »

We have a chance to really push Alabama to the brink of failure. We can't let them slide.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 26, 2019, 12:19:07 AM »
A win over Alabama is always huge. Especially if it puts a dent in their playoff chances. But let's talk about the elephant in the room. What happened to Gio, how is he now, and what are the chances of reinjury if he plays?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 26, 2019, 04:40:42 PM »

The injury came late in the 3rd quarter.  Gio was on the run, threw it to Colt right before taking a hit as he crossed the line of scrimmage, took a shot to the knee on the way to the turf, totally incidental, but it was enough that he had trouble standing on it, so we kept him out.  Luckily it was just aggravated and not damaged.

As far as injury risk, if he takes another knee shot he could go down bad, so it's risky.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 26, 2019, 04:50:19 PM »
Shit, with Wilkinson and Cobbs bringing the heat.....shit.  I'll talk to him and make a decision on that afterwards. 

How is everyone coming along with the changes we made on defense?  Anybody struggling with their new assignments?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 26, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »

I don't think we have any issues, one side note though, Cobbs is out for this week with a groin injury, so at least we have that.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 26, 2019, 10:16:55 PM »
I'll never cheer an injury, but I will say that having one half of that duo sidelined is fortunate for us. We'll talk later Coach. Send Gio in when you see him? Thanks.

Gio, I'll bet you know why I asked to see you. How's the knee feeling?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 27, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »

It's feeling better every day, but its still sore.  It's not horrible, but its definitely there.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 27, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »
I'm going to be honest here and tell you that I am heavily leaning towards having you sit out this week.  You are far more valuable to this organization for the duration of this season - and hopefully a deep playoff run - than this one particular game.  While we would undoubtedly have a better chance at beating Alabama with you out there, one wrong hit from Wilkinson - or hell even if your cleat snags the grass funny - could put you out for the season and beyond.  I'd rather risk dropping 1 game than risk losing you down the stretch.

I know you're going to object, and I know you have the heart of a warrior and want to get out there and lead this team to victory.  But sometimes by doing what's best for yourself in the moment, you're also doing what's best for the team in the long run.  You feel me?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 27, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »

I feel you... We have bigger goals than just beating Alabama.  We want to win it all, I need to be healthy to do that. I understand, even though I want to be on the field.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:57 PM »
You've always been a team first guy. It's one of the things I love about having you as my QB. Do your best helping get Shaun ready for game day - without putting pressure on the knee of course.

Can I speak to Shaun Day please?

Shaun, your number is getting called this week. We're going to rest Gio's knee, so you're our starter against Alabama. I know you'll kill it out there.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 27, 2019, 11:20:54 PM »

Man hate that its as Gio's expense, but this is a chance for me to really prove that I've got the chops to be a franchise quarterback.  I'm going to give you every drop of what I've got.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 27, 2019, 11:36:23 PM »
I know you will. 

Gio Hill inactive for the week
Shaun Day to QB 1

Lock in

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 03, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
1. Talk about last weeks game. What went right, what went wrong?

We played a complete game out there, from the first whistle to the last.  Despite their record, Alabama is one helluva great team.  Ortega, Giles, Wilkinson....the list goes on and on.  To come out of there with a win is a testament to this teams chemistry and their character.

I know what you all want me to comment on, so here goes.  Shaun Day played great out there, and showed why he went at the top of the draft a few seasons ago.  He has been nothing but professional, and a team-first guy since arriving here in Michigan.  He is soaking up information like a sponge, first in camp, and now on the practice field.  Sitting behind a future Hall of Famer in Gio Hill, and learning from him - what an amazing position to be in.

I will say this.  Despite how well he played, there is no quarterback controversy here.  Gio is our guy, Shaun is the backup, and both parties are satisfied with their roles on the team.  Will Gio suit up for us next week?  I have no answer for that at this point.  I need to speak to our medical staff, to the coaching staff, to Gio himself before I can answer that question.  When he is fit to go, he'll suit up and lead our team.

2. Talk about the news this week, and ALSO talk about the expansion GM's getting to begin their interview process now.

We already touched on Shaun's great game, so we'll move on to some other news.  I'd like to encourage GM Dazz to yell at some more players, or prospective players.  What could go wrong?

GM POWERS CHUCKLES

In all seriousness, he needs to check his ego at the door.  I made the mistake of making an enemy out of an agent once, and I righted that wrong as soon as I was able.  This is a system that works because of relationships - you ruin those, you ruin your team.

I'd also like to acknowledge what Patrick Owen is doing up in Winnipeg.  I drafted that kid, and got nothing but glowing reviews about him during his time in our system.  GM Cory offered me the farm to get him, and even with all that I was still hesitant to let him go.  I am just glad to see the kid living up to expectations, and playing exciting football.

3. Talk about this weeks game and what needs to happen for you to come away with a win.

Despite their record, St. Paul is a dangerous team.  Max Ramos is setting a blistering pace out there, so containing him, or at least limiting him, will be our top priority.  And, as I say each and every time, this is North East Division Football gentlemen.  You KNOW what that means - hard nosed, take no prisoners, back breaking football.  We will NOT take them lightly.

Any follow up questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 03, 2019, 10:31:48 PM »
"With Gio still listed as probable and Shaun Day playing so well, do you plan on naming Day starter this week?"

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 03, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
GM POWERS STANDS WIDE EYED AT THE REPORTER. HE STEPS FORWARD AND GESTURES FOR A REPORTER TO HAND HIM THEIR PHONE. ONE COMPLIES, AND AFTER A MOMENT, GM POWERS QUEUES UP AN EXCERPT FROM MOMENTS AGO.

...Will Gio suit up for us next week?  I have no answer for that at this point.  I need to speak to our medical staff, to the coaching staff, to Gio himself before I can answer that question.  When he is fit to go, he'll suit up and lead our team...

GM POWERS HANDS BACK THE PHONE AND RETURNS TO THE PODIUM.

Anyone else have any questions that I answered a few minutes ago?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: December 04, 2019, 12:21:53 AM »
"Does Shaun Day's performance make it harder to bring Gio back when the time comes?"

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 04, 2019, 12:31:55 AM »
No. Like I said, everyone - including Shaun - knows that this is Gio's team in the here and now. Shaun's time will come, it's just not right now. As a GM, it's comforting to know that when your Franchise QB goes down you have someone waiting in the wings that is beyond 'competent' - Shaun Day is a future star in this league, and his performance proves that.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:59 AM »
"Could you see yourself burning two protections from expansion on your quarterbacks because of Day's recent performance?"

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 04, 2019, 01:33:45 AM »
I haven't put much thought into expansion protections yet, seeing as we just recently found out the framework for the draft. Also...."burning"? I don't consider protecting the present AND the future of this Franchise to be "burning" those protections, if that's what I decide to do.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 04, 2019, 01:41:41 AM »

Wow.. Shaun really put on a show for us.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 04, 2019, 02:15:22 AM »
That he did, and just like I knew would happen before I walked out for the press conference, the media are trying to generate copy by creating a quarterback controversy. Those guys are desperate for their clicks and likes.

Anyway, sorry to veer off topic for a moment. Shaun looked like a boss out there for sure. I want to congratulate you, LT, Gio, and the rest of the staff for coaching him up. He looks like a new man compared to his last start for the Mermen. Great job Harry.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 04, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »

He had the potential, we just had to help him bring it out.  He was motivated by being given up on in Long Beach, but he's ready to keep it going this week.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 04, 2019, 09:43:46 PM »
That brings me to Gio. I see the same listing on the injury report. What has the doc had to say about it? Is he any better this week? Does he have any less of a chance of catastrophic re-injury than last week?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:39 PM »

Slightly, but the risk is still real.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 05, 2019, 12:15:18 AM »
Well damn.  I guess we roll with Day again.

Let's talk about St. Paul.  We need to account for Max Ramos for sure.  I think that we should match Maxley up across from him, wherever he lines up.  Does that sound good to you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 05, 2019, 10:42:24 PM »

Works for me.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 06, 2019, 12:58:20 AM »
Any other tweaks you'd recommend? If not I'll have a quick word with Gio and Shaun, and lock it in for the week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 06, 2019, 01:14:14 AM »

I'm pretty good boss.  Go get 'em

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 06, 2019, 09:04:48 PM »
Alright, see ya later Coach.

Rose, could I have both Gio and Shaun in to see me? Thanks.

Hello gentlemen, thanks for coming in. Gio I bet you probably know what I'm about to say, as I imagine the doctors have told you the same things that at they've told me. Your knee, while slightly improved, is still in a state where a hit, or even if you tweak it funny, could end your season. So we're in the same boat as last week - we're keeping you out. 

Shaun, you had a great game last week. Congrats on that - we need you to go out and do it again for us.

Just so everyone is on the same page - nothing has changed about our philosophy or depth chart this season. Gio, when you're healthy you're absolutely our starter. Shaun, we're gonna turn to you as the backup when Gio can't go just as we have last week and this week.

Everyone good?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 06, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »
BOTH PLAYERS UNDERSTAND NOTHING HAS CHANGED FROM A WEEK AGO

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 06, 2019, 10:04:11 PM »
Talk to you guys later.

Maxley matches up against Max Ramos
Lock in

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 14, 2019, 01:49:45 AM »
1. Talk about last weeks game.

Hell of an effort by our guys out there this week, on both sides of the ball.  We have to talk about the defense this week, and that starts with the Defensive Player of the Week, Philly Crowell.  Did you SEE those stats?  5 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 PD, 1 INT, 1 DTD....I mean, damn!!  Philly had himself an awesome game to add to his already great season.  Seymore, Hunter, and 2Face all got in on the sack party as well, and Steed had himself 5 pass defenses out there!  Freaking awesome effort!

Then we look at the offense.  We scored 44 points off the back of Day's 341 yards on just 11 completions.  He did get banged up out there, but he is a warrior and I know he'll bounce back in a week or two.  Chris Allen has continued his run of impressive games nearly hitting 100 yards on just 15 carries, while Dover, Soriano, and Benny Ramos all had great days respectively.  It was a week where everything went right, and we got a quality win in an always tough division matchup.

2. Do you see your team being active at the trade deadline this week, would you be a buyer or a seller?

It's is a tough thing as a GM to make these deadline deals.  8 games in we are tied for the best record in the league, and have gelled really, really well.  I love what we are doing out there, and wouldn't want to mess up our mojo.  At the same time....not everyone is going to share that opinion.  Other top contenders are going to load up for a stretch run, and sometimes you can get left behind by standing still.  And with a lot of really talented names being bandied about....man it is tough.

Let me put it to you this way.  Discussions will be had behind closed doors, I'm sure of it.  Whether anything gets done or not?  I'd give those about 50/50 odds.

3. Talk about the news this week, what stood out to you?

Okay, I don't want to talk out of place here but....have you guys seen Carl Bloom lately?  I mean....I think GM Wrong may want to put him through the concussion protocol to be on the safe side because that boy don't seem quite right lately.

Robert Marshall has gone on record saying that he wants to get the 'Top Gun offense back in gear'.  I have to say that I believe he picked the wrong week to make that declaration.  On the heels of our strongest defensive performance of the season, he thinks he's gonna light us up?  He has all the talent to do so, but I like our chances as well.

4. Talk about this week, which position group needs to step up to help improve your odds of victory?

I just touched on this week a bit already, as we have Milwaukee coming to town.  Now don't let the Baron's 3-5 record fool you, because we certainly won't be overlooking them.  They are a ridiculously talented team who have just had a streak of shitty luck so far this season.  They have the ability to hang in there and defeat even the best of them, and as this is "Northeast Division Football" - I should trademark that at this point, shouldn't I? - it is going to be a grind and a banger. 

As for who should 'step up'....I'm not sure 'step up' is the right term.  I'd say that the defensive front needs to 'keep it up', as they have been doing a great job at containing and pressuring opposing QB's.  They do that to Marshall, and he'll have a bad day.

Any follow up questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 14, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »

Sucks to see Shaun get hurt, but on a football side at least we are getting Gio back at 100%

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: December 14, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
Yeah, he really stepped it up for us these last two weeks.  He has a bright future in this league, and on this team.  You're right though, at least the timing works out so that Gio is back at 100%.

With the trade deadline fast approaching, what're your thoughts?  Obviously we're doing something right sitting here tied with the Knights for the best record in the league, but is there anywhere you'd like to see improvement?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50089
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 14, 2019, 11:32:16 PM »

Its hard to say.  DT is always a place we can bulk up, and so is Free Safety, but despite Wilder not being an elite FS, he's a leader so its hard to say we should seek an upgrade.