Author Topic: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS  (Read 71720 times)

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : ALABAMA NIGHTHAWKS
« Reply #1900 on: January 03, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »
"Shine through the Shade .." - I like that line.  Thanks for always having a positive attitude Jamie.  Thanks for your time.

-----

Blue let's hit the road. It's game time.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 08, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
Now that's more like it!  Great success on the field today from our boys and it just goes to show you what a fluke week one was.  Now let's get to your questions.  Yes Robert?

What stood out to you this week from your game, both good and bad?

The good is easy.  Not burdened with fearing for his health Jamie Ortega played and boy did he make it count.  I know last week I mentioned how long my memory was well I hope other teams are paying attention.  Because when a GM calls our offense "one dimensional" we just HAVE to prove him wrong. 3 TD in the air. 5 TD on the ground - 290 yards through the air - 282 on the ground.  Sounds fair and balanced to me.  But don't let this be all about the offense because or defense was equally good only allowing two touchdowns and that was well late in the game.  Defense did a good enough job holding down Merv Patton in the first half that most of the Orlando fans never came back from halftime.  Defense also had a tremendous amount of pass deflections that I truly don't have anything bad to point at.  That was a pretty dominant win. Yes Mando? Go ahead.

How do you feel about GM's feuding with the owners of other franchises?

Is this the hill you want to die on today? If it is. Do it guns blazing otherwise best to keep a lid on it.

Two games into the season, are you getting what you expected out of your team?

It's difficult for us to truly evaluate our team because we are keeping week one in our rear view.  I look at week two and beam with pride that our players just don't give us their best effort but can execute what we call for. That's really all I've ever wanted from my players.  Do what we ask and execute it. Yes Jocelyn you have a question?

No team is perfect, what do you feel your biggest weakness is going into week three?

Untested Depth.  We have quite a few rookies at key positions behind the depth chart.  They haven't been proven in battle yet but I hope that they can rise to the occasion especially at TE and WR. Yes Socorro?

Which match up will be the key to victory for your team this week?

Miami is always a tough play. I remember to start the season last year they ran us into the ground but we managed to hold on for the victory.  We need to do two things. Press the QB and hurry his process or at least make him feel hurried.  The second is we need to contain their running attack.  Our run defense has to be there to force them to pass.  If our offense can build a lead and get out early it allows our defense to pin their ears back and get after the QB.  If we can do that we can overcome Miami.

Any other questions?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 08, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
"GM Pancho, do you think Jamie can maintain his grasp as the league's leading rusher? and is that something you want from your QB?"
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 08, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
Jamie can do anything he sets his mind to. He’s not just physically gifted but he has a drive to compete and be better. There are people who when meeting their goals sit on their laurels. Jamie is the kind of guy who got a taste of gold and it only made him hungrier. There’s a reason we marketed him as One is Not Enough. It’s not a gimmick. It’s real life.

As to the second part of your question.  I want my QB as well as any other player on my roster helping me win and helping us repeat. If that means my QB is my leading rusher my WR is my leading passer or my RB is my pancake leader let’s make it happen and get that W and Repeat babay!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »

COACH WALKS IN LAUGHING SLOWLY AND SHAKING HIS HEAD

Man oh man... that Jamie Ortega, I tell ya man...

He's on another level this year, that naked bootleg is lethal, and his scrambling is insane. He's seeing the field like nobody I've ever seen before man.. I love it!

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:26 PM »
What a time to be alive!?!? Am I right Coach??

Two weeks two totally different games. Way I see it is we have 6 great quarters of football and the two we’re going to forget about it. I’d certainly love a repeat performance against Miami.

Can you imagine if he keeps it up!?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »

Whoa man, if he can do it against Chow and those fast defenders in Miami, he really could set some records this year.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 08, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »
Here’s hoping. Thanks for your time coach. Miami’s a big game so I’ll leave you to it.

——————

Blue let’s talk with Damien Mantalban

——————

Mucho gusto Senor Mantalban. Sientase por favor.

Como esta Alabama? Un poquito differente de Mexico veda? Todo va bien con la familia? Lo quiero ayudar porque yo se que dificil puede acer a cambiarse de pais

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 08, 2019, 11:24:32 PM »

Muchas gracias Sr. Pancho!

Mudarse a los Estados Unidos ha sido muy bueno. Mi familia todavía se está adaptando a la vida y la cultura aquí en "el sur", pero creo que pronto lo llamarán su hogar.

Me encanta esta defensa, es increíble y fantástico para jugar. Aprecio los linieros defensivos que tenemos, abriéndome hoyos para hacer las jugadas.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 09, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
Que bueno que te gusta esta defensa! Me da mucho orgullo.

Bueno si necesitas algo. Ahora sabes donde esta mi officina. Nomas preguntame. Que tenga buen dia.

——-

Azul! let’s get ready to avenge that home opener loss. Bring it Miami!

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 18, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »
I appreciate everyone's patience in waiting for me to arrive.  I heard some interesting things that I had to get checked out because I'm sure it's going to get brought up. So let's have at it shall we! Yes Sandra in the back

Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

The first half and going into second things did not look good for us.  Keep in mind at one point the game 20-10 and we were down.  Ortega threw a beauty to Oliver - not sure if it was blown coverage or Oliver being Oliver but 50 yards later and we've made the game competitive.  From there it was domination.  We scored 21 unanswered points in that 2nd quarter and never left our foot of the gas.  I'd like to see improve on 3rd downs as we get more into the season and especially into the playoffs sustaining drives is going to be important.  Sustaining the drive will allow us to control the clock and keep our defense fresh. I'd also not like for us to give up such big momentum swings in the special teams department.  Pin em deep and make em earn their points.  For me it was a good sign though that our offense doesn't have to build and early lead but can come from behind as well.  Yes Patricia next question.

The XFL and AAF have been very quiet since their championship games received very low viewership, do you believe there is room for that many professional football league's in America?

There are only so many hours in a day, days in a month and months in a year.  I'm not here to say there is not room for the XFL or AAF I'm just saying that it takes time to build a brand.  People forget that the "GM Era" didn't take place till the 5th season. A lot of hard work went into those first four years that sometimes goes unnoticed. After all just look at the hall of fame votes.  It might be too soon to call to make that type of judgment on the XFL and AAF.  Yes Paul?

Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

This league is always changing and parity is a good thing.  I'm not quite ready to bury Las Vegas.  Our team knows better than most what it's like to have everyone in the league pile it on kicking dirt on to our grave and trying to dance on it.  It's been three games.  Nothing is set in stone.  Still a lot of football left.  I know people would expect me to answer differently given the "rivalry" but you never want to count an opponent out. Yes Beatrice?

What do you make of the incredible season Jamie Ortega is having this year, first place in passing and rushing TDs, as well as rushing yards all while only having one interception on the season.. is that MVP Caliber in your eyes, and if not, who is your early favorite for league MVP?

This organization scouted him, we traded up for him, we drafted him and we have groomed him every year and seen his progression.  Even I am floored sometimes by the production Jamie gives us.  As impressed as I am by his on the field numbers - and BY GAWD are they impressive - I am equally impressed with the man he has become.  He's a leader not just in the locker room but in the community.  He's a high profile athlete who hasn't had a single negative thing printed about him personally - professionally is a whole nother matter! However, to be fair ... we haven't faced a proper defense ... so really why even bring up the stats.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!! Oh man I can't believe he said that publicly.  My nephew came to excited about his report card for pre school but I asked him ... had he faced a proper defense doing it?  My brother found it hilarious.  My sister in law not so much.  My nephew shrugged and quickly played with his leggos.  GM Dazz - stick with the leggos. It's where your football analysis belongs. Yes, last question before I open the floor and you guys can just shout out your questions. Maria go ahead.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

Charlotte is going through some changes so I don't even know if by the end of this press conference we'll be facing the same team.  What matters most is the basics though - control the football, control the clock, minimize mistakes. Doesn't matter the team you face if you can do those three things good things are bound to happen.

Anything else?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:41 PM »

Music City might be 3-0, but we're THE team in this freaking league.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 18, 2019, 10:04:07 PM »
To be the man you have to beat the man! But first Charlotte, music City can get theirs next week. I have to say he’s the odd one out on the line but Solomon Harter finds ways to make an impact on the field. You seeing the same coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 18, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »

Harter has been able to really take advantage of the one on one blocking faces on a daily basis.  He's young and hungry to get better to. The kids been great for us as an undrafted player.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 20, 2019, 09:00:25 PM »
That’s what I love about our King Solomon. Thanks for your time coach let’s get ready for Charlotte. I’ll leave you to it.

————

Blue can we talk to Oliver Giles

————

Oliver thanks for coming in. I know things haven’t always been smooth with us and the last time we had a conversation in this office it wasn’t the most pleasant. But I have to congratulate you on the start to this season. 280 yards and 4 TD in 3 games is pretty dominant work. Thanks for sticking with us when it got rough.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 21, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »

Been sayin' for a hot minute that I was ready for that spotlight, now its mine and Imma shine.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 21, 2019, 11:20:46 PM »
Let us shine let it shine let it shine .... we’ll good talking to you Oliver. Glad you’ve kept that positivity and kept believing.

————

Blue I think we’re ready for our game.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 28, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »
Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your patience. A few things to talk about so we should get started. I’ll let Sal have the first question.

Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
Really I have no complaints. We dominated on every side of the ball. Jamie Ortega is well ...playing out of his mind. I’ve never seen anything like it and I’m happy I’m standing on the right sideline cause that kind of game can be demoralizing.

Talk about the news that caught your attention this week...
Jumped ahead of me Joe but I’ll bite. My social media was blowing up because someone blamed me for billboard trash talk. Now I’m not above trash talk. My press conferences and career can speak to that. But that’s exactly where it comes from. I put my name on it. So does my team. We talk a lot of trash but it happens on the field. In your face. Where you can fight fire with fire. I didn’t get any answer though and I just seem to have more questions. Yes Brian?

One Quarter of the way through your season, What have you learned about your team so far, and where do you see your season going?

We stay healthy it’s going to be bad news for the rest of the league. Last question goes to James.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

Music City is a dangerous team and I’ve known it from last season where they threw all over us and gave our secondary the business. Having just seen them take a loss it actually makes me more concerned what they not won. They have a strong head coach that knows how to turn that negative into a positive and truly I think they will be tough competition. But above nothing else if we control the ball, dominate the time of possession and just execute we will come out victorious.

Any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:08 AM »
"So are you saying that you did not fund the Jamie Ortega MVP billboards in Vegas?"

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 29, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »
From my lips to your ears.

Don’t believe me? Check the league office. Any funds I would use have a paper trail. Remember what I said a few weeks ago. I don’t think it’s a rivalry. It sounds like someone is trying to manufacture one.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: January 29, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »
"Why would someone outside of your organization fund billboards to promote Jamie Ortega in Las Vegas?"

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 29, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »
Who benefits? You figure that out and you have your answer.

GM Justin on Twitter didn’t seem to shy away from any accusations but why would he include us as opposed to just his own team.

GM Kirk thinks it’s a recruitment campaign by GM Metro though usually everything GM Kirk says has a tongue firmly placed against his cheek.

The Jimmy Minor article out of Vegas suggested the billboards in question were part of the Vegas marketing blitz to restore fan confidence.

Here’s my point. Whoever did it. Keep my name. Keep the teams name. And Keep Jamie Ortega out of it. And whoever did it can rest assured they owe us some money for using copyrighted images or likeness without consent.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 29, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »

I'll tell you what man.. we are clicking at a level I don't think anyone has ever seen before..

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 29, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »
That’s what I would love to talk about if it wasn’t for this damn billboard nonsense but I’ve been as clear as I can be about that. Every week you and I get together and we talk about the amazing thing Jamie has done and every week he takes it up a notch.

The best thing is he’s doing a magnificent job of spreading the ball around so everyone’s getting a touch. Things could not be going any better. Worried about our secondary considering how we played Music City last year. I know we discussed Vu how has Woodson faired in the #2 CB spot since we added him to the main roster?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 29, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »

I think he's been really good. We're 2nd vs. the pass right now, only giving up 174 yards per game.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 29, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »
And that’s not bad considering we jump ahead of these teams that they have to throw to play catch-up. Not bad at all. Still got a lot of season left and I love how you don’t take the foot off the gas coach.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 29, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »

We showed it last year, and we'll show it again.  If they don't want us to score 50 and 'Dab' on them... They have to stop us. I'm not going to do it for them.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 02, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
Damn right. Love it coach and glad we think the same way. Well I’ll leave you so you can get to work. Thanks for your time.

—————

Blue let’s get ready for the game and keep this team rocking and rolling.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 08, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »
Another game, another victory.  The final score doesn't give Music City enough credit. That first half was difficult and while we jumped to an early lead they came right back at us.  However, this team has the ability to close like no other and when we saw the fight Music City we took it to another level.  That's the difference between other teams and us is we have that next gear that most teams can't obtain ... yet.  It's still early in the season so I don't want to get too confident but who couldn't be pleased with our performance?  Another 5 TD performance from Ortega, Robles continues to be the best RB in the league and we have yet to really let him loose in our pass game.  I'd like to give credit to Austin Moran who stepped up after having a drop and when we went right back to him had the skills and confidence to secure a touchdown catch.  I know everyone likes to think of Alabama and our stars but we are a roster of 40 men who all chip in for the victory and who all take loss the same way. Now before I keep rambling I'll let another question be asked

Talk about the news that caught your attention this week...

Mr. Profits is an opinionated owner who fights for those on his side.  I understand his opinion and I'm sure many in Cleveland share it but we can settle down with the hyperbole.  After all 5 is greater than 4 and Jamie as a runner alone did more on less carries.  Now when it comes to actual football - Christian Sullivan joining the Miami Killer Whales is definitely huge news for our division and bad news for us.  Miami was always a difficult team to play and they've improved now in what some would say is their greatest area of need.

Now that you have completed your first round of divisional games, how do you rank the teams in your division and who do you believe will be the biggest threat to your goals?

We're the cream of the crop. Nobody scores the ball better and nobody defends the ball better. Our owner expects us to dominate - win the division, win the conference and win the Impact Bowl.  Looking around the league I've target three teams as the biggest threat, Miami, Cleveland, and San Antonio.  Each one of those teams is a good blend of offense and defense that presents their own unique challenges. As far as the division as a whole to be ranked - Miami sits on top then the rest fall in this order. Music City, Orlando, Charlotte and then Atlanta.

Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory as you step out of division for the first time this year?

Week Six brings us New Jersey and I get my first real look at GM Stark and what he has done with the roster. But while GM Stark may be new - Coach Swope is a face i remember and the last time I saw that face in the regular season his defense gave us the greatest smackdown I've ever been given.  This won't be an easy game by any means and may be the test that GM Dazz needs in order to give us the credibility we so desperately desire from his approval. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 08, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »
THE CROWD IS PERPLEXED BY YOUR USE OF GM DAZZ'S NAME.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 10, 2019, 08:34:15 PM »
I don’t think I need to remind the crowd of GM Dazz opinions about the caliber of our opponents but I only mean to compliment the Dragons and the defensive knowledge Coach Swope has. I’ve experienced it first hand.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 11, 2019, 06:32:47 PM »

That came out as awkwardly as that one transition in the state of the union address... anyways, lets get to work.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 11, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »
Nothing to change. Nothing to discuss. We’re moving the ball at will and dominating both sides of the ball. Nobody scores the ball better than us and one of the few teams better than us on defense ... is the Long Beach offense.

I’ve got full confidence heading into our matchup with New Jersey. Just want to talk to one or two guys. See you around Coach.

—————

Blue let me talk to Timothy Cobbs

—————

Mr. Cobbs - And I got to put a Mr. on it because if commanding a double team wasn’t enough. You command respect for sure. I just wanted you to let you know I heard your comments a few weeks ago, “Every sack I make is a direct deposit into my bank account.”

I just wanted to let you know at the end of the season when I talk with Steve we’re going to work on getting you a savings account ... if you catch my drift. We want to keep you and we’re aware of the going rate for a top end DE is.

You just keep doing you baby. Know what I mean?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:16 PM »

Only way I know how man.

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 11, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »
Orale carnal. Good talk.

—————

Blue let’s go give New Jersey this work.

Lock In

GM Pancho

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: Today at 02:37:12 PM »
It’s an amazing thing coming to Las Vegas. Even more amazing is what this week provides us in the rookie showcase. For us General Managers it’s a time for us to address future roster concerns. I’ll go ahead and open the floor to questions.

Talk about last weeks game.

The New Jersey was every bit of a close game I expected it to be. Coach Swope is still the defensive mastermind he’s always shown us he is. The final score truly doesn’t reflect the effort made by New Jersey. Luckily our game plan is fluid as well as the skills of our two best offensive players. Coach Rudino is just as much of a schemer as Coach Swope and then some. It was truly a great contest.

What are your thoughts on Hilton Keegan and others skipping this Rookie Showcase and committing to either the XFL or AAF?

I won’t mice words about what we do. This is a business first and foremost. I’ve cared greatly for players I’ve cared for because it was for the betterment of the team. But I’ve also been reckless in my past as well and deserve criticism for it. Entering this league is entering into a business. No one forced you to do it. Make no mistake though the XFL and the AAF are just as much of a business as the HiFL.

What are you hoping to gain from this weeks Showcase?

I’m hoping to gain a lot of information on good talent and hoping none of the other GM’s are as smart. I’m looking for skills but I’m looking for personality as well. I don’t mind a loud mouth so long as it comes with a great work ethic.

What did you schedule for your players during the bye week? Training or a week off?

We’ve got good leadership on this team from our captains to our coaches. The men on this team have played flawlessly except for two quarters. I think they have deserved some rest. After all, injuries are the only thing that can hold us back.

Talk about anything else on your mind in reference to the league/sport.

An open forum?! I’ve always prided myself on saying what I mean and meaning what I say. At this time I’ve got nothing else to share.

Are there no further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: Today at 03:30:37 PM »

Stacking them up one at a time, but the inter-conference schedule and inter-division games are going to be three straight challenges before we get into the soft side, we're going to be tested, man.