Author Topic: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS  (Read 35890 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS
« Reply #1200 on: May 07, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »

Right. Sounds like a plan.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 07, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »

"Good. I trust you have a plan in place to neutralize Gio as much as humanly possible."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 07, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »

We'll be sending the hounds after him early and often, he likes to run out of the pocket, and we have speed on the edge to go get him with The Cotter, I think we can get a few hats on him early and make him question that option.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 09, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »

"Good deal. Good luck this week, Coach. This one is for the division, no doubt in my mind about that."

----

DEPTH CHART CHANGES
Set Otis Wingate to C1
Set Richard Shelby to C2

Everything else is coaches choices.

In Season Training
4 Hours Position Training
4 Hours Athletic Training
4 Hours Physical Training
4 Hour Film Study

Players: QB Cody Northstar, RB Anthony Chau, WR John Ragland, C Richard Shelby, LB William Fulcher

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:25 AM »

"Well, that one was a heartbreaker. I'm sure we'll talk about that in a moment but I wanted to take a moment to apologize to our season ticket holders who were unable to attend the game because of the location being moved. I could point the fingers in a lot of directions but at the end of the day the buck stops with me and I accept the responsibility that comes along with this position and at the end of the day that one is my fault.

With that said lets get to your questions."

What was your biggest takeaway from your game this week?

"This is one we're going to regret letting slip away from us but I think at the end of the day, outside of the scoreboard, the statistics showed who the better team was. They made some big plays in key moments but the game was primarily controlled by us. Our offense essentially moved the football at will. And while this loss hurts, I have no doubt that when we meet Michigan in the playoffs we'll be leaving with the victory."

Talk about this weeks game and what it will take to win.

"We just need to continue to build on the good things we did this week. Hopefully we'll have Zeke back on the field and that will help immensely. We just need to cut down on letting our opponents get those chunk plays. Because for the most part our defense is, well, built Ford tough."

Talk about anything you would like from this past week.

"I'm disappointed in the leagues decision to have our home game played at a location that holds substantially less seats than our own stadium has, and is essentially right on the border of our two states. Especially when there is a 100,000 plus seat stadium closer to Cleveland. And if they wanted to go with a smaller stadium, there's a stadium of nearly equal capacity on the University of Akron campus.

I've been told that the reason we weren't consulted on the location is because we presented our paperwork regarding our roster in a timely fashion instead of waiting until the absolute last moment like many other organizations are known to do. It seems to me the league should not punish franchises for being committed to their tasks and accomplishing them in an orderly and timely manner. But, hey, what do I know. But it does make me wonder if perhaps Ace was onto something with his statement on twitter.

Hopefully the league will do something to make this right, but I doubt it."[/b]

-----

"Tough one, coach. Thought we had it in the bag."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 14, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

Doesn't matter where the game is played, end of the day we can't blow a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter... and we have to stop a cocky little twat like Harry Bryce going for 2 instead of tying the game.   

We let that one slip through our bloody fingers.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 14, 2019, 04:43:24 PM »

"I couldn't have said it better. But, it is what it is. Instead of sweeping the season series now we have to live with the split and hope for the opportunity to ruin their whole season in the playoffs. But we can't dwell on that now. We need to focus on St. Paul. The pressure is on us now to keep our lead in the wild card race. I don't want to give up anymore ground.

I saw good things in the game against Michigan. Honestly. Caleb put up his best performance. Our receivers held onto the ball. We got Gary involved in the offense in a substantial fashion. We need to put the fucking gas pedal to the floor and bury St. Paul this week.

I imagine you've got a plan in place on how to do exactly that."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 14, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »

Absolutely. We're going to hammer them into submission.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 14, 2019, 05:32:43 PM »

"Great. I look forward to it. We'll see you in St. Paul, Coach."

-----

DEPTH CHART CHANGES
Set Dale Hooker to C1 if available
Set Ezekiel Elliot to RB1 if available

In Season Training
6 Hours Position Training
6 Hours Athletic Training
6 Hours Physical Training
6 Hour Film Study

Players: QB Cody Northstar, RB Anthony Chau, WR John Ragland, C Richard Shelby, LB William Fulcher

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 20, 2019, 09:11:40 PM »

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's such a better feeling be able to stand in front of you all after a victory and I'm glad to be able to do it again. Lets get to your questions.

With two weeks remaining in the regular season, what is your approach and why?

"What is our approach? Win. And do whatever we need to to win. We're healthy again after being banged up for a few weeks and a lot of our guys stepped up and played admirably. I'd like to give shout outs specifically to Randy Belanger and Richard Shelby both. They both stepped up and made impact plays. I mean, Belanger found the end zone four times in the two games he filled in for Zeke. And Shelby this past week against St. Paul lead the team in pancake blocks. That's the kind of effort we need from those guys. When we call on them we need them to make an impact, and they both did.

But yes, that's our approach. Whatever it takes to win, we need to do it."

There is a rumor circulating that the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that is being finalized between the league office and players union will significantly change the HIFL for years to come.. What is one thing you would want to see added and one thing you would want to see removed from the league if you had the power to make it so.

"I'd like to know what it is that is going to significantly change the HIFL for years to come, to be honest. But, personally, I would like to see our rosters expanded and the salary cap given a substantial bump so that we don't see things like kickers playing on the offensive line because we don't have the roster size to provide every position a back up.

I also would like to see a change to the penalty for accounting errors, as clearly it is not helping to stop the errors from coming in and, in truth, those mistakes are simply hamstringing organizations and leaving teams in a position of having to put out a lower quality product. I'm just not a fan of the financial and roster spot penalties. But I would be in favor of teams being forced to forfeit draft picks on an escalating scale instead.

But that's just me and given the way that the HIFL administration handled what was to be our home game against Michigan, I doubt very much they're going to take anything I have to say into consideration."

If your team had news this week, discuss it and your game this week, if you did not have news, how much stock do you put on these final two weeks when it comes to building momentum for next year?

"I think Cotter said it best. And, for me personally, notching a victory over Coach Swope would be wonderful from my perspective. He's been a bit of a thorn in my side since taking over the position here in Cleveland. Last season against St. Paul they significantly harmed our chances at the playoffs, and earlier this season the Dragons served us our first dose of humble pie and I'll be honest with you. I don't want another serving.

This is a win and you're in game for us. Win, and we clinch a playoff spot. Win, and post season football becomes something Cleveland fans can salivate over again. We know what needs to be done, and we're a better and more complete team than we were in the first run through. Now we just have to focus on stopping a tank and finding a way to slay the dragons in their own lair."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 20, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »

New Jersey, not an easy game by any stretch, but if Duke is down.. I like our chances a lot better with Tashaun Pate at quarterback.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 20, 2019, 10:11:35 PM »

"I agree. But either way it's a game we need to take. Realistically we just need to keep from digging ourselves into a hole early on. Last time Schwartz at tight end, and their run game, really ate us alive.

I think between Rodney and Burton we match up well against their wide outs. How do we go about limiting the impact of their tight end, though?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 20, 2019, 10:16:52 PM »

We could tone down the blitz if we have to, but outside of that, its just hitting him hard and putting his bloody arse on the turf.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 20, 2019, 10:26:01 PM »

"Fair enough. I noticed that, statistically, the performance of Carl McConnell and Burton McAllister has fallen off a bit over the course of the past few games. Is that just a matter of other players making plays on the ball or defenses avoiding them, or is it something else?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 20, 2019, 10:39:28 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning with McConnell, he's got a sack in every game this season.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: May 20, 2019, 10:49:34 PM »

"Huh. That's interesting. Maybe I'm just looking at him in comparison to what Hunt has accomplished."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 20, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »

Yeah, Hunt has twice as many tackles, and 8 more TFL,s but McConnell has 3 mroe sacks and 4 tital forced fumbles, I'd say we're getting a ton of production from both of them, for a combined million dollars.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 20, 2019, 11:09:51 PM »

"The impact of having a player like Jerry on the line can't be understated. Alright, thanks Coach I appreciate you getting my head on straight about Carl. How's morale in the locker room? The guys in good spirits?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 20, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »

We've made it through the longest part of the season, the players are excited to get to the playoffs, where we can start eliminating teams from contention and make our claim to the throne.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:38 PM »

"Then lets make sure we get there so that we CAN eliminate teams and make our claim. See you in New Jersey, Coach."

-----

Please make sure to have Dale Hooker set as our C1 if he wasn't already.

In Season Training
6 Hour Film Study

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 25, 2019, 01:41:18 AM »

"Well, Coach, I'd like for every game to be a blowout in our favor but I love seeing our guys be able to fight back from an early deficit in a big time game on the road like the one we just had.

With a wild card birth clinched I'm leaning toward resting some of our starters in this final game but wanted to get your feelings on it first. I know the division is still technically up for play, but Michigan play St. Paul and I'm not sure the Lynx could beat a High School team at the moment."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 25, 2019, 02:05:57 AM »

I am fine whichever way you choose to go with starters or rest, since really it is hard to rest most positions with a 40 man roster.

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 25, 2019, 10:03:00 AM »

"Alright, thanks Coach. I'm going to get a few guys some rest. Given that it's the last game of the season and we pretty much know how things are going to work out, I'm just going to go ahead and get things set and we'll talk more once it's time to start preparing for our first opponent in the playoffs."

-----

Depth Chart changes vs. Milwaukee
Set QB Cody Northstar to QB1
Set QB Caleb Smoak to QB2

Set WR Andres Henry to WR1
Set WR Henry Golden to WR2
Set WR Terry Werner to WR3
Set WR John Ragland to WR4
Set WR Eugene McReynolds to WR5

Set C Richard Shelby to C1
Set C Dale Hooker to C3

Set LB William Fulcher to LB2
Set LB Matthew Alvarado to LB4

In Season Training
6 Hour Film Study

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

Lock In

GM Eli

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: Today at 02:54:01 AM »

With the playoffs starting this week, what is most important to you?
I think the simplest answer to this question is to win. Listen, the teams in the North East division have a pretty intense rivalry with one another but we also take a lot of pride in the division that we play in. Outside of St. Paul there's no question in my mind that this is the toughest division in the entire league. Most games came right down to the wire in both run throughs and I believe that all three of the teams representing our division in the playoffs this season are battle tested and battle hardened. None of us want to be the one to go home, especially not at the hands of a South East squad.

For this team to make a run in the playoffs, who needs to step up the most?
Our leaders. They are key to making sure we keep the nerves settled and our minds focused on the task at hand and boy, I'm telling you, we've got probably the best group of captains in the league. This is going to be the first real, pressure packed game for a lot of the guys on our roster and we're going to need those leaders to step up and do what we've asked them to do. Lead.

Can your team go the distance and win it all in Vancouver?
Of course. If we didn't believe in ourselves all the way down to the very core of our being, what the hell are we doing here? Yes, we can go the distance and you can make damn sure we're going to leave everything out on the field trying to accomplish exactly that.