Author Topic: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS  (Read 123973 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : KANSAS CITY BRUINS
« Reply #2900 on: July 29, 2018, 08:43:14 PM »

Sure...

1st Quarter, on our 2nd drive we start at our own twenty.. Hagan sacks Marcus on first down and sets us back to the 9, the next play Leake manages to pick off a pass for Fowler and sets them up at the 14 to score their first TD.

Our other two drives in the first quarter were 3 and out.

In the 2nd quarter we drove down to the 5, Hagan sacked Marcus and then on 4th down from the 14 we missed the FG.  Two plays later, AMC went for 77 on 2nd and 17 from their own 7... That set up the 16 yard TD to Back.

Two drives later, 50 seconds before halftime, 3rd and 20 at the 10 became 3rd and 25 at the 5 thanks to a false start on Christie, then Marcus went fro Holiday and had it picked for the pick-six.. Kang gave us a great return on the kick though and we moved 20 yards after taht to set up the 56 yard FG to go to half, but Summerlin missed that one too.

3rd and 1 at the STP-2 later in the game ended up being an incomplete pass so we kicked the chip shot..

Late in the 4th, it was 4th and 4 at the STP-11, we went for it for prides sake, but Hagan sacked Marcus to get the turnover on downs..  And that's about it.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 29, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »
"Just all and all a bad game from the team as a whole. I'm not sure there is much we can do, if any.

I did want to talk about the defense. We shifted strategy to try to contain AMC, and it didn't seem to matter. Do you have any insight there?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 29, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

Simply shifting our focus to an area is no guarantee that we can stop it. It just means our play calling is more geared towards it and that we will focus more on that area in practice.  We don't have a Stephen Leake or Craig Schwartz at LB, let alone a pair of them, and when you take away that 77 yard run on one play, AMC having 100 yards isn't a huge deal either.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 30, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »
"Without that big play it is still 5 yards per carry. That won't cut it against Alabama. I think we'll stay with our run focused defense for another week. Hopefully the consistency will yield a better result this week.

On offense we're a little stagnant. I know this may be a little difficult, but can you tell what types of throws Marcus is making, vs. ones that he is missing? IE, short throws, deep throws, medium throws, inside, outside, or etc.?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 30, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »

No, not really.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 31, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »
"Alright. Thanks Coach. I'll talk to you later."

---

"Miss Shay, can you send up my team captains on offense, Mariota, Colbert, and Summerlin?"

"Guys, last week was bad for us offensively. I'm not going to beat around the bush. I need you as the leaders of this team to get the offense back on track this week. I want to light up Alabama's secondary. I want to score all those points we should have scored last week. Despite our tough season, we are not out of it by a long shot. We are fighters, and I want you to get the fight back in the offense this week. You know I believe in ya'll. Can you do this for me?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 31, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »
GROUP "YES" RESPONSE

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 31, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »
"Let's get it done."

---

No Changes

LOCK IN

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: August 04, 2018, 01:10:12 PM »
"Thank you for joining me. We had a nice break with the all-star game, but now it's back to business. I don't have much to say about the Alabama game. We left it all on the line, and it wasn't enough. We usually win the shoot outs, but occasionally things don't work out. Losing the turnover battle was the difference, as we had them on the ropes all game, but credit to their guys getting the turnovers when it counted. I'd also like to give a special shout out to Douglas Fowler, who set a HIFL record on kick returns. I doubt it will be the last HIFL record he sets. I'll take some questions now."

"Hey, what did you think of the all-star skills challenge?"

"It was fun to watch. We had a few of our guys in there, and they performed well. I hope that the players enjoyed it, that the fans enjoyed it, and that we can continue this tradition. Next question?"

"Oh, follow up question...what did you think of the All-Star game itself?"

"I thought it was very fun to watch. Sometimes you worry that all-star games won't be competitive, but that was not the case here. It was a back and forth slugfest. The Bruins had a great showing for the West. It's a shame the West couldn't pull out the victory, but there is always next year. Next question?"

"Hi GM Bone. With the minor league window open this week, will you be calling anyone up?"

"That will be up to the evaluation of Director Doe and the Coaching staff. I don't have any immediate plans, but I will defer to their recommendations. Next question?"

"Hi GM Bone, what do you think about your game against St. Louis this week, and the division games to close out the season?"

"Let me answer that question in reverse. These division games are make or break for us. We know we are capable of beating all of our divisional opponents, and when we do that we'll be in the playoffs. We had a very convincing win over St. Louis last time. They have since gone on to run the table a bit, but we know we can beat them. Divisional play is a much different beast from out of division play. St. Louis isn't feasting off the bottom feeders from other divisions anymore, they are coming to play the Bruins, and we aren't letting them escape with a victory. Does the media have any further questions?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: August 04, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »

3 straight losses, definitely frustrating for our boys. We dominated STL last time, lets hope we can do it again.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: August 04, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »
"We need it. If we lose, the season is over for us. 8 loss teams are not making the playoffs.

It's the minor league window. Have you spoken with Director Doe? Any roster shuffling you want to do?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: August 04, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »

Our best prospects, Wood and Pleasant are both blocked, so unless we're cutting Summerlin mid-season, I'd say no.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: August 05, 2018, 12:01:35 PM »
"The biggest change we need to do is revert to our gameplan we used against St. Louis last time. I'll specify those changes in lock-in. Can we go down to the practice field and talk to the team?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: August 05, 2018, 04:31:52 PM »

Sure, that's fine.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: August 10, 2018, 09:03:31 PM »
*Walking down to the field*

"So, I'm going to keep this short. I'm also going to start this off with something obvious. If we lose this week, our season is over. You can kiss your dreams of the playoffs, your dreams of the Impact Bowl good bye this year.

I know no one here is stupid. We all know the score. We all think about it, maybe talk about it in hushed whispers at most. But no. You need to hear it out loud. Win, or go home.

I believe in you. Let's do this. Bruins on three.

One.

Two.

Three.

Bruins!

Play a great game out there."

---

Strategy Changes
Set Defensive Focus to Balanced
Set Defensive Line Focus to Balanced
Set Primary Coverage to Mixed
Set Defensive Attitude to 'Aggressive'

LOCK IN