Author Topic: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES  (Read 12430 times)

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES
« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2018, 05:04:26 PM »
How well do you think he will adapt to man coverage? I don't feel a need to change that up, especially not to suit one player.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 05, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »

I think he can play either style, he just plays his absolute best as a Zone corner.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 07, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »
Gotcha. Well, I have been discussing some potential trades, so we will see if we can get them over the line and make a couple of changes that will hopefully strengthen us even further. We won’t be going over board though. Do you feel the depth at CB and LB is still our biggest area for improvement?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 07, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »

Considering our defense is 3rd in the league in points allowed, I feel like it is a luxury to upgrade at any part of our roster defensively.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 07, 2018, 12:56:11 PM »
There is always room for improvement Coach, perhaps we just call up Coleman for the third spot in the CB depth chart. What about the offensive side of the team, in terms of where we can upgrade. TE and WR's? Not implying I am not happy with what we have got but an upgrade here or there could really see us push on for a post-season challenge.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 07, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »

We could definitely benefit offensively from adding an impact wide receiver across from Randolph.  A Michael Hodge-type, or another big-play receiver would really make us hard to gameplan against.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2018, 06:58:05 AM »
I will see what I can do Coach. I think we will stick with what we have at the moment and let Coleman develop further with our minor league.

LOCK IN

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

I think it was tough game, a well fought victory in the end but DC caused us problems man, and I have to give them credit for taking us all the way in the second half of the game. They seemingly took our offence out of its rhythm in the second half, but we held out in the end and our guys put in a gutsy performance. We were clinical when it mattered and got ourselves into a strong position, but ultimately we should have seen out the game more comfortably.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

I think we have had a cracking first half to the season, lets just hope this weeks game is not reflective of how well our season will end up. We have raised the bar, developed a system that is putting the fear into opponents and yet there is still belief that there is more to come. We have some young talent that will take time to mature and adapt to the pro-game, but a lot of the guys we brought in have hit the ground running! Ralph is a guy who has stood our the most, we brought in Haas and from the position he had last season when he earned that starting spot for the team, he will know exactly how we function as a management team. The praise Haas was getting pre-season only pushed him to improve himself and you have seen the results of that so far this season. I don't think we have anyone who has been poor, we have a couple of experienced heads who are starting to see that natural decline in their game, but they are still an asset.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

I am feeling very comfortable right now. I came here in with a project in mind, and I'd be shocked if the owner were not happy with how it is progressing. We look on target for our goals, and I can't for that Orlando match!

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

Honestly, I am very much focused on our team and the other teams in this league only occupy my mind when they are next up in the fixture list or we're looking at potential trades. I believe Smith is having another stellar year, and after arguably missing out last year on the award front, I feel he could be pushing for it this year. As for under-performing, I can't say.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Honestly, Orlando. Now I know with Patton they are always going to be a big team in the league, I just doubted GM Cory was the man who could see them overthrow the Nighthawks. Charlotte would be the obvious answer, but I think given the talent they brought in, they are performing as well as I thought they would.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

There may be some moves, we always have to explore the options available, but at this point we would only be looking to continue with our development of the team, which doesn't usually involve selling.

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

I think it is fair, the previous had the odd controversial moment, and having this in place will see that sort of issue a thing in the past.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

We have Lincoln visiting, who have just made some moves in the transfer market I hear, so I am sure GM Wrong has made moves to strengthen his team and we will have to face that challenge! It is a dangerous time to play a team, when they are buoyed by fresh blood, but I believe in the team we have and I honestly feel we can beat anyone in the league, and Lincoln are not exempt from that.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »

Hola GM Garcia! 

You've done wonderful since you arrived here in Miami!  This season has been great, and I expect it to continue to get better!  We're on pace for all of our goals, as you said to the press, and I couldn't be happier!  Keep doing what you're doing my magnificent friend! 

I'll tell you what, If we can win the division, I'll gladly reward you with some off-season bonus PR!

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2018, 02:54:34 PM »
We'll keep on pushing for that divisional title and then see where we go from there! I think we have moved a lot quicker than anticipated when I first took the project on, but I feel there is still a lot of room for improvement!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »

Just keep up the good work, we don't plan on letting you get out of Miami for a long time. We want you here and believe you're the man to deliver us a championship in the future.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »
As long as you want me here, I'll be doing what I can!

Thanks again.

--

Coach, tough win this week but good to see us hold on to that lead!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2018, 03:35:54 PM »

Never a fan of a rough win, but you take them however you can get them.. Any means necessary.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
Agreed. What were they doing differently in that second half? Or was it us that dropped off?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »

In the 3rd quarter we had a fumble from Haas that killed a drive, then they really stuffed us on 3rd and short twice, the other drive was killed by a 15 yard penalty on Randolph that made it 3rd and 17 and then Glass broke up the deep pass... 

In the 4th quarter tehy ran the ball well to keep the clock running on their side, the three times we had the ball in the 4th quarter a Peacock sack killed us, then our longer drive ended with back to back pass disruptions from Glass, and our final drive we were just working to run out the clock.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2018, 09:24:16 AM »
I guess we couldn't break that glass ceiling in the second half... I'll see myself out!

I guess we did well to see it out with the shift in momentum, says a lot about the character of our guys. How do you feel about the challenge of Lincoln, they have brought in Hodge, so I am sure they'll be searching him out for a successful debut. Should we shift things around to spoil that party?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »

We definitely want to focus on containing him, we saw him last year in Orlando and he put up big numbers on us. 

10 catches, 205 yards and 3 Touchdowns in those two games.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »
Would switching to man marking be more effective? They have weakened their overall receiving corps, which could work in our favour. I feel in Carson we have someone who is more capable at disrupting his game than what we had last year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »

I think that could be a good strategy.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2018, 01:11:41 PM »
Do you think we should up our blitz percentage too? Bloom could be out, and if he isn't, he could be more wary of getting hit, maybe that additional pressure we put on him and our coverage of Hodge could work well together?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 18, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »

I like the sound of that.. Let's give them hell.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »
Ok, so we’ll go man coverage on defence and up our blitz percentage by 10%.

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2018, 06:24:22 PM »

I am very satisfied with the victory! Our running game hit a real peak this week against a really tough Lincoln team, and whilst Ralph and Haas have been great I do think that our offensive line doesn’t not get some of the recognition for how effective they are at enabling our running game, that is so key for us. As far as the game goes though, we got off to a great start and and just took the game to Lincoln who for that fifteen minutes or so could not handle us. It was part of the game plan this week to go at them and I am glad to see it paid off.

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team?

Look, I understand why GM Kirk was afforded the opportunity to manage this All Star team, but given his selections, I am not sure how he got those 60 odd wins. I appreciate that he has a lot of trust in his own players and staff but to overlook as much talent in this conference as he did, to me is a just a little obnoxious. I am frustrated at the lack of recognition for my players and staff, especially defensively, so I may be being harsh on the guy but our players and staff continuely being overlooked and underestimated is beginning to grate a little.

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

GM Pancho is in an unfortunate position with his team as they are a franchise that expects excellence and has little room for anything else. But when you are a winning team, as a GM you know that that will be the expectation from the owner and the fans, I do feel with the spine they have that one good off season can make them contenders again. In other stories, I think someone needs to have a chat with the Jackson lad, this isn’t an individual sport.

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

We have a few knocks and bumps from the last game so we may have to re-evaluate our strategy against Long Beach, they have had a few changes, but are always a tough team to break down. I am confident of us continuing our streak though.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2018, 07:18:58 PM »

If ever there were proof of people over looking the Killer Whales and our talent... the All-Star rosters are that proof.  We're using it as a rally cry, and the boys are motivated to absolutely shred the Mermen.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
I am glad it is motivating the team! Long Beach won’t know what hit them this week. I am sure Ralph will do us proud though. How are you feeling about Mac taking that number one WR spot this week? His performances have been getting better in my opinion.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »

I'm glad it's a situation where we're facing an inferior team, it helps the learning curve for him becoming the primary target.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2018, 06:05:55 AM »
That is always a plus in these situations. How do you feel about the intensity of our running game? It is getting us results, but with the knock Haas has can we maintain that level of performance with Hardy getting more time with the ball at hand? I felt he did well against Lincoln.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »

I believe that with our players at RB and with our offensive line we can run with anyone.  I think Hardy will be fine as the 2nd man in the stack if it comes to it.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
I agree. I'm going to have a quick chat with Mac and we'll starting get prepped for the game.

--

Selina, can you said in Mac please.

--

Mac, hope you're well. Excited for the game against Long Beach? Great opportunity ahead!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »

You know what time it is big dog! Time for ya young killa' to ball out in the sun and put them mermen to bed fo good!

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
That confidence will serve you well this week! I'm going to pencil you in for some film study this week, want you to really take advantage of this opportunity to show what you can do in this league. Not that you haven't so far this season, but you'll be our main man out there in the receiving corps. I'll let you get back to practice.

--

Selina, Coach McNeil please.

--

Coach, great job running our offense this season. Got our running game on point, but we're offering threats throughout! With Daniel out for a couple of games, I was contemplating mixing our receiving corps up a little, of course we'll place Mac in at #1, but I was also wondering if we could utilise Glover a little more too? Craven is reliable,  but I am curious if Glover can add something else. What do you think?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2018, 10:06:01 PM »

We could give him some additional snaps, sure.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2018, 09:06:51 AM »
Would you need me to re-list our depth chart for you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »

If you want to specify when you want him on the field yes... if you just want me to play with some stuff and do it in some spots then no.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »
I'll change up the depth chart. With next season in mind, I have been targeting key areas for improvement, at TE, do you feel we'd benefit more from an additional pass threat, or added muscle to our o-line?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2018, 09:38:02 AM »

I think a pass catcher would be helpful. There are always those plays where we want to pass deep or to a receiver but we have to check down, and when that unplanned TE pass comes, you want him to catch the ball well.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
I will keep that in mind, thanks coach.

Notes for the coaches, please pass on Selina.

With Daniel out, switch Mac to WR1 and Glover to WR2.

2 hours film study for both.

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »

Another strong, dominant performance is always good to see. Mac did a fine job filling in for Daniel, and overall I felt we continued to perform to a high level despite some knocks and bruises amongst the team. I feel we have now a unity that is going to be tough to snap. Duke's consistency has been key for us so far this year, amongst all the talent and dogged defensive and our punishing running game, his steady performances have kept us balanced.

2. Talk about any news your team is involved in this week, as well as what other news stories stood out to you this week?

What Ralph said is something that we all echo within the team, and I am glad he came out and said, being he was the sole All Star selection.

Let's hope Robles is back to performing how he has for the rest of the season when our game with Alabama comes back around.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

The loss to Seattle last season, not long after GM Jon took charge, was a turning a point for us that saw our form dip toward the end of the season and ultimately so us miss out on an unlikely post-season venture. None of us want to see that happen, and this is as good an opportunity as any to put a marker down on how much we have improved! I know I say that a lot, but we take it game by game here, and as Ralph was alluding to in the press, we clearly still need to prove something here in Miami.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »

It feels good to be the top team in the East.. Some say we've had a light schedule, but no game is a light game in this league as it has been proven.  Our 7 game win-streak has been great, but if we don't finish strong it is for nothing.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2018, 02:22:24 PM »
They wouldn't be wrong, we have had some less than competitive fixtures within our streak, but Lincoln were no push over and Long Beach beat us last season. Seattle will give us some problems but I'm confident we can better them. Where do you feel they are most dangerous/vulnerable?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 30, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

They run well and defend the pass, but their run defense is a wet paper bag.. we should be able to pound them.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »
We'll stick to plan A for the time being then. We'll find holes in that defense, I am sure of it.

--

Selina, can you arrange for Sami to come see me. Thanks.

--

Sami, great season! The work you put in for the team is not going unnoticed, and I wanted to see where your head was at with your contract, we'd love to keep you in Miami.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »

I am committed to this team, I want to be here for the rest of my career.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 31, 2018, 04:46:32 PM »
And as long as I'm GM, I want you here Sami. If I could sign you to a contract for the remainder of your career I would! How about a three year extension, a $1.5mil increase in salary and a no trade clause put in place?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 31, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »

Keep the raise, use it to keep our team together when we need to, and you've got a deal, as long as you would commit 250K to the deal in PR, for promotion of our team in Germany.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2018, 05:26:05 PM »
You are a true asset to the team Sami, of course we can accommodate the PR. I will have the paperwork set up.

- -

Selena, can you get me Mr Leventhal on the line.

- -

Drew, I was hoping we could discuss Joseph’s contract and keeping him here in Miami. How open is he to these talks right now?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

Currently, we're clearly interested in staying in Miami, but unless you're offering a deal to make Joe the top paid tackle in the league, we would rather wait until the off-season to talk deals.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 01, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
We'll save the negotiation for the off season then. We value Worthington highly, and I assure you we will have an offer that shows that. Thanks for your time Drew.

--

Selina, note for the coaches.

Randolph back to WR1, Mac WR2 and Floyd at WR3.

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

I thought the game was as tough and competitive as we anticipated it be. I felt they were effective defensively, but we showed resolve and ultimately proved that our running game will make an impact regardless of how you perform. Lets face it, that Seattle defense did a solid job shutting us out, but we were still too much for them. And then look to our defense and we had some really strong individual performances. Cervantes was everywhere, Chow had his best game of the season, Albert got the big pick TD and Watkins had a solid game for a rookie. Prior to the game we were wary of the schedule we had had and the level of opposition, but we defeated a tough Seattle team here, and with the divisional stretch remaining, I think we are in a very strong position.

2. What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges? 

I'm a fan of it. It was an entertaining and intriguing. Gives the fans to look forward to mid-season, and for some of the players on teams that are perhaps not competing well in the league, it gives further opportunity to showcase themselves.

3. What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?

It was an entertaining game, I'd think, given more snaps, Ralph could have a bigger impact on the game, but he stuck with his guy, and the stats say it all. GM Kirk will most likely believe the victory justifies his biased selection process, and with the behaviour of GM Jon's Head Coach, you might not blame him for going with so many of his own players, but if this is the 'All Star' game, I think future GM's in the role need to treat it as such because it is a great addition to the schedule.

4. With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?

We have one player in mind, yes.

5. Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?

Another difficult game ahead of us, mostly because of the QB that will be facing us. Sullivan is talented and whilst he performed well against us on opening day, we limited his options and largely prevented them from getting the ball over the line. We're playing with more confidence and vigour than we were then, so I expect a similar result, but a more dominant performance, offensively as well as defensively.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2018, 11:44:24 AM »

9-2... Shows exactly why you don't panic after a 1-2 start.  Now lets ground and pound our division rivals into submission and clinch the division.  We're in position to earn a first round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, we control our own destiny.